Date   

Re: accessibility training is important too.

 

Well I was talking to asus on trying to fix a busted extender, sir, read the serial number on the side.

Um I am blind, is it anywhere else, no!

Um.

I have had techs not know their own internal control panel.

For my printer, please read the id and serial number from the control panel, I can't see this, well you need to read from the configuration in the control panel.

By this time I found it on the internal web server, is it this?

Yes, good thing I can access the web server then.

The guy goes, what server?

You'd think they didn't know their products sometimes.

On 6/25/2018 7:01 AM, JM Casey wrote:
Oh, the lights. Always the lights. Every time I talk to the ISP, it's always
the first thing they ask: "Are all the lights on on the modem? Is it
blinking?" It's gotten hilarious by this point. Now whenever a call needs to
be made to the ISP, I ask my girlfriend to do it. The problem with that is:
she hates talking to these people on the phone more than I do, and she can
see!

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of brian
Sent: June 24, 2018 2:43 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] accessibility training is important too.

    I have incountered this with both Att and Comcast.  They are forigners
who can't speak or undrstand englih well.  I told them that I am blind so I
can't tell you if their are lights on or what color they are.  With att's
connect tech they would not even stay on the phone with me.  I told them
that if you don't then you can't ask me anything as I could not read the
chat window.  They even said that after I told them that I was blind that if
I wanted to end the session that I should just click on the red x.  How do
they think that I will  know whear the red x is if I can't see? Why is it so
hard to understand what blind is.  I guess I will have to just spell it out
for them.  I am totally blind that means that I can't see anything not even
light or any shadows. If they can't comprehend that then they have no
business working in tech support.

Brian Sackrider


On 6/24/2018 5:30 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Yes indeed. I do find it almost ridiculous that, for example my
internet company have me flagged as blind, and generally help me with
things that they screw up, rather than un screwing them up, if that is
a word, but also continue to put me through to the people who cannot
function without knowing what a light is doing on a router, even
though I'm deep inside the control panel of said router and can read
them any parameter they wish to know about.
There should just be a one line addition to their script. If this
person is blind,  push to level 2 or whatever its called. these people
do exist, but often the person at the start is unaware of what
blindness means or is  just thick. I'm sorry but that is what I feel.
Rocket science it is not.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Kingett"
<@blindjourno>
To: <games_access@...>; "Top tech editorial"
<topdot@...>; <main@TechTalk.groups.io>; <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, June 24, 2018 12:51 AM
Subject: [nvda] accessibility training is important too.


In this post, I detail an experience talking to Microsoft's
disability answer desk and talk about the importance of using
disability language when interacting with a disabled customer,
especially if you are operating disability support. Feel free to
share widely.

https://medium.com/p/a0d8aead2659?source=user_profile---------2------
-------------








.


ccleaner

 

Hi.

Hmmm if you toggle a checkbox on and off of something a couple times then it does read that particular box, its slow going but it does then work.

I wander if an addon could be written for nvda the boxes could just have some sort of overlay over them or something.


Re: Nvda saying spelling error

Mohamed
 

Yeah, it's a grouping now, and spelling errors is under a grouping called document information.


On 6/24/2018 12:12 PM, Gene wrote:
Is that what it actually says?  It used to say, in understandable, plain English, "report spelling errors."  Has the wording been changed along with the interface?  I hope not and that that is just how it was paraphrased.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, June 24, 2018 8:47 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Nvda saying spelling error

Hello,
Ok got it and got it fixed;
Thank you so much 
Arvind

This message is transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.


Homepage; 

On 24 Jun 2018, at 19.38, Ralf Kefferpuetz <ralf.kefferpuetz@...> wrote:

Boxbe This message is eligible for Automatic Cleanup! (ralf.kefferpuetz@...) Add cleanup rule | More info

Hello,

NVDA-Control-d, then uncheck spelling errors.

 

Cheers,

  Ralf

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dr. arvind singh brar
Sent: Sonntag, 24. Juni 2018 13:38
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Nvda saying spelling error

 

Hello friends,

I would like to know,

How do i stop nvda from saying spelling error when  reading documents 

Thank you so much,

Arvind 

This message is transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

 

 

Homepage; 



Re: Quick help with outlook?

Gene
 

Even so, it strains credulity that the problem is a general one to that version of Outlook.  Since we haven't seen any such questions or complaints before, it is far more likely that the problem is some sort of corruption of something on that machine.
 
I would have a sighted person look at the screen when a message is replied to and see if the sighted person can get to those fields.  It cannot be assumed that this is a screen-reader problem.
 
Is there a reason this person has to use Outlook?  Of course, the person may have to use Word and other office programs for doing things in an institutional or business environment but if the person can use any e-mail program, why use Outlook?
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, June 24, 2018 11:17 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Quick help with outlook?

Thanks, but of course that is part of the problem. this particular system
was only upgraded as far as Windows 7, despite my recommendation of
upgrading to Windows 10.

I didn't install the office suite, so can't say what version of Outlook it
even is.

Thanks, Eric


On June 24, 2018 11:23:50 AM ely.r@... wrote:

Erik
I am using Outlook 365, NVDA latest version  and no add on. Here Outlook
does not come up in browse mode so I am able to use the shift tab right
away. Sometime when I do the shift tab NVDA first speaks the message
position, but at the same time it does move to the Subject line and read the
contents. Guessing this is of no help what so ever, but wanted to let you
know with this configuration, by the way latest version of Windows 10, that
what you are expecting to happen for your client is working here.
Rick

Dr. Rick Ely
TVI, Vision Consultant
451 Rocky Hill Road
Florence, MA 01062
&413()  727-3038

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of erik burggraaf
Sent: Sunday, June 24, 2018 11:01 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Quick help with outlook?

Hi all, I need to help some one using outlook and I don't have access to it.
When he does a reply, it puts him into brows mode.  So, he can type a reply,
but he can't reach the to and subject lines.  I had him do insert space to
turn browse mode off, but he was still unable to reach other fields using
shift tab.

Does any one know if those fields have  alt key nemonics, or some other nvda
accessible way to reach them?

Thanks,

Erik














Re: OT. Transcription jobs?

Noelia Ruiz
 

Hi, I don't know, since it deppends on commertial movements, marketing and so on. For my own experience, I work in a small company which uses both speech recognition and stenotype for transcription of pre-recorded audio and also for generating captions for deaf people (and others) in real time.
Not always, but there are customers that prefer that transcription in real time is performed using stenotype instead of speech recognition. Both technologies in the company where I am an employee are performer by humans. Here in Spain speech recognition is preferred for television due to the system using for transmiting data, by lines instead of words.
In short, here the two systems are used for captions in real time, generally speech recognition for TV and stenotype for conferences, since there are people who things this method for now has a minor latence and general quality seems to be better.
This company sometimes searches people to work in English for some events, and call to another company from United States.
To maintain this on topic, NVDA needs to be deactivated to transmit data with Streamtext; otherwise writing appears slower.

Cheers

El 24/06/2018 a las 21:11, Daniel Hawkins escribió:
I agree with this. My mother in law was a transcription for over 20 years. Then one day she was laid off due to Doctors now have voice recniztion software very similar to Dragon Speak or Siri, or Google Assistant.
Daniel Hawkins
computersassociated@... <mailto:computersassociated@...>

On Jun 23, 2018, at 11:18 PM, slery <slerythema@... <mailto:slerythema@...>> wrote:

Medical Transcription is being phased out. Doctors are required to have digital records now and most enter the data right then and there or have an assistant that sits in the room and enters it. My friend worked in the field for 15 years and was hoping it would keep going long enough for her to retire. She has already had to pick up another job as hers was phased out and the company went out of business.

Cindy

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io> <nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>> On Behalf Of Laz
Sent: Wednesday, February 7, 2018 1:08 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [nvda] OT. Transcription jobs?

No mailing lists that I know of but there are several fields that use Transcriptionists as in medical, legal, etc. There are some requirements to be met before one can call oneself a transcriptionist though. I went to a trade school to learn how to do medical transcription. If you ask me nowadays if it was worth it my answer would have to be no. I came into transcription after most of the available work began to be outsourced to India hence there was very little opportunity available. the school finally placed me with a transcription company in California I live in Florida, and I made less than $3000 in the five years I spen working as a medical transcriptionist. Yes, it was that bad. From my experience I would recommend if that's what you want to do, to seek your own clients locally and realize that they most likely already have a transcriptionist or a service and that you may have to underbid to get any work plus prove yourself better and faster than the competition.
The training is a must as you won't be able to compete without it. One more thing I need to let you know about. Most big transcription companies use specific programs for you to pick up your work and return it and most of these programs are less than accessible from what I've heard. This is another reason to seek your own clients locally. The most successful medical transcriptionist I know either built up their own local clients over a period of time or they were in the business before the outsourcing of work to India began.

Good luck,

Laz

On 2/7/18, Matt Turner <meturner2214@... <mailto:meturner2214@...>> wrote:
Hi folks.

Subject says it all.

Triing to find something to do for working from home.

Are there any blind mailing-list for this kind of thing?





--
Affordably priced Accessible Talking MP3 Players, Accessible phones, Bluetooth devices, and accessories http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@... <mailto:laz@...>
Phone: 727-498-0121
Skype: lazmesa
Personal Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/laz.mesa
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Talkingmp3players?_rdr






Re: accessibility training is important too.

Jackie
 

Those folks generally are just a bunch of script readers. They can't
go past it because they don't have the knowledge (& sometimes
wherewithal) to go further.

On 6/24/18, JM Casey <crystallogic@...> wrote:
Oh, the lights. Always the lights. Every time I talk to the ISP, it's
always
the first thing they ask: "Are all the lights on on the modem? Is it
blinking?" It's gotten hilarious by this point. Now whenever a call needs
to
be made to the ISP, I ask my girlfriend to do it. The problem with that is:
she hates talking to these people on the phone more than I do, and she can
see!

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of brian
Sent: June 24, 2018 2:43 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] accessibility training is important too.

    I have incountered this with both Att and Comcast.  They are forigners
who can't speak or undrstand englih well.  I told them that I am blind so I
can't tell you if their are lights on or what color they are.  With att's
connect tech they would not even stay on the phone with me.  I told them
that if you don't then you can't ask me anything as I could not read the
chat window.  They even said that after I told them that I was blind that
if
I wanted to end the session that I should just click on the red x.  How do
they think that I will  know whear the red x is if I can't see? Why is it
so
hard to understand what blind is.  I guess I will have to just spell it out
for them.  I am totally blind that means that I can't see anything not even
light or any shadows. If they can't comprehend that then they have no
business working in tech support.

Brian Sackrider


On 6/24/2018 5:30 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Yes indeed. I do find it almost ridiculous that, for example my
internet company have me flagged as blind, and generally help me with
things that they screw up, rather than un screwing them up, if that is
a word, but also continue to put me through to the people who cannot
function without knowing what a light is doing on a router, even
though I'm deep inside the control panel of said router and can read
them any parameter they wish to know about.
There should just be a one line addition to their script. If this
person is blind,  push to level 2 or whatever its called. these people
do exist, but often the person at the start is unaware of what
blindness means or is  just thick. I'm sorry but that is what I feel.
Rocket science it is not.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Kingett"
<@blindjourno>
To: <games_access@...>; "Top tech editorial"
<topdot@...>; <main@TechTalk.groups.io>; <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, June 24, 2018 12:51 AM
Subject: [nvda] accessibility training is important too.


In this post, I detail an experience talking to Microsoft's
disability answer desk and talk about the importance of using
disability language when interacting with a disabled customer,
especially if you are operating disability support. Feel free to
share widely.

https://medium.com/p/a0d8aead2659?source=user_profile---------2------
-------------











--
Remember! Friends Help Friends Be Cybersafe
Jackie McBride
Helping Cybercrime Victims 1 Person at a Time
https://brighter-vision.com


Re: OT. Transcription jobs?

Daniel Hawkins
 

I agree with this. My mother in law was a transcription for over 20 years. Then one day she was laid off due to Doctors now have voice recniztion software very similar to Dragon Speak or Siri, or Google Assistant.
Daniel Hawkins



On Jun 23, 2018, at 11:18 PM, slery <slerythema@...> wrote:

Medical Transcription is being phased out. Doctors are required to have digital records now and most enter the data right then and there or have an assistant that sits in the room and enters it. My friend worked in the field for 15 years and was hoping it would keep going long enough for her to retire. She has already had to pick up another job as hers was phased out and the company went out of business.

Cindy

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Laz
Sent: Wednesday, February 7, 2018 1:08 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] OT. Transcription jobs?

No mailing lists that I know of but there are several fields that use Transcriptionists as in medical, legal, etc. There are some requirements to be met before one can call oneself a transcriptionist though. I went to a trade school to learn how to do medical transcription. If you ask me nowadays if it was worth it my answer would have to be no. I came into transcription after most of the available work began to be outsourced to India hence there was very little opportunity available. the school finally placed me with a transcription company in California I live in Florida, and I made less than $3000 in the five years I spen working as a medical transcriptionist. Yes, it was that bad. From my experience I would recommend if that's what you want to do, to seek your own clients locally and realize that they most likely already have a transcriptionist or a service and that you may have to underbid to get any work plus prove yourself better and faster than the competition.
The training is a must as you won't be able to compete without it. One more thing I need to let you know about. Most big transcription companies use specific programs for you to pick up your work and return it and most of these programs are less than accessible from what I've heard. This is another reason to seek your own clients locally. The most successful medical transcriptionist I know either built up their own local clients over a period of time or they were in the business before the outsourcing of work to India began.

Good luck,

Laz

On 2/7/18, Matt Turner <meturner2214@...> wrote:
Hi folks.

Subject says it all.

Triing to find something to do for working from home.

Are there any blind mailing-list for this kind of thing?







--
Affordably priced Accessible Talking MP3 Players, Accessible phones, Bluetooth devices, and accessories http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@...
Phone: 727-498-0121
Skype: lazmesa
Personal Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/laz.mesa
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Talkingmp3players?_rdr








Re: accessibility training is important too.

JM Casey <crystallogic@...>
 

Oh, the lights. Always the lights. Every time I talk to the ISP, it's always
the first thing they ask: "Are all the lights on on the modem? Is it
blinking?" It's gotten hilarious by this point. Now whenever a call needs to
be made to the ISP, I ask my girlfriend to do it. The problem with that is:
she hates talking to these people on the phone more than I do, and she can
see!

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of brian
Sent: June 24, 2018 2:43 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] accessibility training is important too.

    I have incountered this with both Att and Comcast.  They are forigners
who can't speak or undrstand englih well.  I told them that I am blind so I
can't tell you if their are lights on or what color they are.  With att's
connect tech they would not even stay on the phone with me.  I told them
that if you don't then you can't ask me anything as I could not read the
chat window.  They even said that after I told them that I was blind that if
I wanted to end the session that I should just click on the red x.  How do
they think that I will  know whear the red x is if I can't see? Why is it so
hard to understand what blind is.  I guess I will have to just spell it out
for them.  I am totally blind that means that I can't see anything not even
light or any shadows. If they can't comprehend that then they have no
business working in tech support.

Brian Sackrider


On 6/24/2018 5:30 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Yes indeed. I do find it almost ridiculous that, for example my
internet company have me flagged as blind, and generally help me with
things that they screw up, rather than un screwing them up, if that is
a word, but also continue to put me through to the people who cannot
function without knowing what a light is doing on a router, even
though I'm deep inside the control panel of said router and can read
them any parameter they wish to know about.
There should just be a one line addition to their script. If this
person is blind,  push to level 2 or whatever its called. these people
do exist, but often the person at the start is unaware of what
blindness means or is  just thick. I'm sorry but that is what I feel.
Rocket science it is not.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Kingett"
<@blindjourno>
To: <games_access@...>; "Top tech editorial"
<topdot@...>; <main@TechTalk.groups.io>; <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, June 24, 2018 12:51 AM
Subject: [nvda] accessibility training is important too.


In this post, I detail an experience talking to Microsoft's
disability answer desk and talk about the importance of using
disability language when interacting with a disabled customer,
especially if you are operating disability support. Feel free to
share widely.

https://medium.com/p/a0d8aead2659?source=user_profile---------2------
-------------






Re: accessibility training is important too.

brian
 

I have incountered this with both Att and Comcast.  They are forigners who can't speak or undrstand englih well.  I told them that I am blind so I can't tell you if their are lights on or what color they are.  With att's connect tech they would not even stay on the phone with me.  I told them that if you don't then you can't ask me anything as I could not read the chat window.  They even said that after I told them that I was blind that if I wanted to end the session that I should just click on the red x.  How do they think that I will  know whear the red x is if I can't see? Why is it so hard to understand what blind is.  I guess I will have to just spell it out for them.  I am totally blind that means that I can't see anything not even light or any shadows. If they can't comprehend that then they have no business working in tech support.

Brian Sackrider

On 6/24/2018 5:30 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Yes indeed. I do find it almost ridiculous that, for example my  internet company have me flagged as blind, and generally help me with things that they screw up, rather than un screwing them up, if that is a word, but also continue to put me through to the people who cannot function without knowing what a light is doing on a router, even though I'm deep inside the control panel of said router and can read them any parameter they wish to know about.
There should just be a one line addition to their script. If this person is blind,  push to level 2 or whatever its called. these people do exist, but often the person at the start is unaware of what blindness means or is  just thick. I'm sorry but that is what I feel. Rocket science it is not.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Kingett" <@blindjourno>
To: <games_access@...>; "Top tech editorial" <topdot@...>; <main@TechTalk.groups.io>; <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, June 24, 2018 12:51 AM
Subject: [nvda] accessibility training is important too.


In this post, I detail an experience talking to Microsoft's disability answer desk and talk about the importance of using disability language when interacting with a disabled customer, especially if you are operating disability support. Feel free to share widely.

https://medium.com/p/a0d8aead2659?source=user_profile---------2-------------------





Re: Changed to Re: [nvda] firefox quantum, capcha's, and NVDA

bob jutzi <jutzi1@...>
 

Thanks.

On 6/24/2018 1:23 PM, Jackie wrote:
Bob, the problem is that these captchas are distorted images, & that
therefore makes OCR'ing them problematic. But There are now solutions,
ie, Recaptcha 2 from Google, that don't require any sort of
interaction from the user whatever. So those sites using the old style
captchas are pretty behind the times.
On 6/24/18, bob jutzi <jutzi1@...> wrote:
Since I am totally blind, I don't understand what these captchas are
other than some kind of graphic with text and numbers, in addition to
being a pain in the butt.
This may be a complete impossibility, but could captcha recognition be a
future inclusion for NVDA's OCR function?
Bob


On 6/24/2018 12:02 PM, bob jutzi wrote:
That should be easy.
Our bank doesn't require captia, but if it's sites such as banks you are
referring to, sensitive information isn't displayed until after logging
in. You could always have the caller read the captia then terminate the
call prior to logging in. The captia is then invalid.

On 6/24/2018 11:32 AM, Kevin wrote:

You know be my eyes there’s a person on the other side, so your
actually making a phone call and they’ll solve your captcha . but you
gotta trust this if your accessing sensitive data, do you trust
someone you don’t even know?

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

*From: *bob jutzi <mailto:jutzi1@...>
*Sent: *Sunday, June 24, 2018 7:35 AM
*To: *nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
*Subject: *Re: [nvda] firefox quantum and capcha's

Actually, just had an idea for those of us with iPhones. We could

always use Be My Eyes, and have someone read the captia. Just a
thought.

On 6/24/2018 10:24 AM, P. Otter wrote:

hello all,
now we have firefox 60 but before there was rumola, you have to pay
for
it, no problem but it is no longer usable in firefox q.
also there was webvisum, but the same trouble!
it no longer works with ff quantum.
is there a solution to solve this problem as far you know?
cheers
paul otter




Re: Changed to Re: [nvda] firefox quantum, capcha's, and NVDA

Jackie
 

Bob, the problem is that these captchas are distorted images, & that
therefore makes OCR'ing them problematic. But There are now solutions,
ie, Recaptcha 2 from Google, that don't require any sort of
interaction from the user whatever. So those sites using the old style
captchas are pretty behind the times.

On 6/24/18, bob jutzi <jutzi1@...> wrote:
Since I am totally blind, I don't understand what these captchas are
other than some kind of graphic with text and numbers, in addition to
being a pain in the butt.
This may be a complete impossibility, but could captcha recognition be a
future inclusion for NVDA's OCR function?
Bob


On 6/24/2018 12:02 PM, bob jutzi wrote:
That should be easy.
Our bank doesn't require captia, but if it's sites such as banks you are
referring to, sensitive information isn't displayed until after logging
in. You could always have the caller read the captia then terminate the
call prior to logging in. The captia is then invalid.

On 6/24/2018 11:32 AM, Kevin wrote:

You know be my eyes there’s a person on the other side, so your
actually making a phone call and they’ll solve your captcha . but you
gotta trust this if your accessing sensitive data, do you trust
someone you don’t even know?

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

*From: *bob jutzi <mailto:jutzi1@...>
*Sent: *Sunday, June 24, 2018 7:35 AM
*To: *nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
*Subject: *Re: [nvda] firefox quantum and capcha's

Actually, just had an idea for those of us with iPhones. We could

always use Be My Eyes, and have someone read the captia. Just a
thought.

On 6/24/2018 10:24 AM, P. Otter wrote:

hello all,
now we have firefox 60 but before there was rumola, you have to pay
for
it, no problem but it is no longer usable in firefox q.
also there was webvisum, but the same trouble!
it no longer works with ff quantum.
is there a solution to solve this problem as far you know?
cheers
paul otter



--
Remember! Friends Help Friends Be Cybersafe
Jackie McBride
Helping Cybercrime Victims 1 Person at a Time
https://brighter-vision.com


Re: accessibility training is important too.

JM Casey <crystallogic@...>
 

Odd that the tech guy didn't seem to "listen" to a word you were saying.
Some people are like that. I would definitely use whatever steps are
available to give Microsoft feedback about this call. I'm used to the
sighted computer users' language usage for the most part, but there
inevitably comes a point when I, too, would have to explain that no, I'm not
using a mouse; never have and probably never will, and would be pretty damn
annoyed if they kept talking at me as though I were, in fact, using a mouse
anyway. I don't usually bother saying a word when I'm on the phone with my
ISP tech support line, but would expect something different/more
knowledgeable about such things from that Microsoft help desk.

About Microsoft Word, I usually turn all auto features off. No auto-correct,
no auto-format, etc. They never seem to do what I want and if they do
something I don't like I'm not always aware until the last moment. So, I
prefer to make my own mistakes. My big thing with the shift key is that I
sometimes hold it down for a fraction of a second too long, so the first two
letters of proper nouns and the beginnings of sentences are occasionally
capitalised.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Robert Kingett
Sent: June 23, 2018 7:51 PM
To: games_access@...; Top tech editorial <topdot@...>;
main@TechTalk.groups.io; nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] accessibility training is important too.

In this post, I detail an experience talking to Microsoft's disability
answer desk and talk about the importance of using disability language when
interacting with a disabled customer, especially if you are operating
disability support. Feel free to share widely.

https://medium.com/p/a0d8aead2659?source=user_profile---------2-------------
------


Re: braille me display not quite ready

Josh Kennedy
 

APH has been fulfilling orders for the orbit reader20 for the past 2 or 3 weeks now. if you go to shop.aph.org and put in the word orbit go to the orbit20 product page you can go ahead and purchase one right now if you want. 


Changed to Re: [nvda] firefox quantum, capcha's, and NVDA

bob jutzi <jutzi1@...>
 

Since I am totally blind, I don't understand what these captchas are other than some kind of graphic with text and numbers, in addition to being a pain in the butt.
This may be a complete impossibility, but could captcha recognition be a future inclusion for NVDA's OCR function?
Bob

On 6/24/2018 12:02 PM, bob jutzi wrote:
That should be easy.
Our bank doesn't require captia, but if it's sites such as banks you are referring to, sensitive information isn't displayed until after logging in. You could always have the caller read the captia then terminate the call prior to logging in. The captia is then invalid.
On 6/24/2018 11:32 AM, Kevin wrote:

You know be my eyes there’s a person on the other side, so your actually making a phone call and they’ll solve your captcha . but you gotta trust this if your accessing sensitive data, do you trust someone you don’t even know?

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

*From: *bob jutzi <mailto:jutzi1@...>
*Sent: *Sunday, June 24, 2018 7:35 AM
*To: *nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
*Subject: *Re: [nvda] firefox quantum and capcha's

Actually, just had an idea for those of us with iPhones. We could

always use Be My Eyes, and have someone read the captia. Just a thought.

On 6/24/2018 10:24 AM, P. Otter wrote:

hello all,
now we have firefox 60 but before there was rumola, you have to pay for
it, no problem but it is no longer usable in firefox q.
also there was webvisum, but the same trouble!
it no longer works with ff quantum.
is there a solution to solve this problem as far you know?
cheers
paul otter


Re: Quick help with outlook?

erik burggraaf <erik@...>
 

Thanks, but of course that is part of the problem. this particular system was only upgraded as far as Windows 7, despite my recommendation of upgrading to Windows 10.

I didn't install the office suite, so can't say what version of Outlook it even is.

Thanks, Eric

On June 24, 2018 11:23:50 AM ely.r@... wrote:

Erik
I am using Outlook 365, NVDA latest version and no add on. Here Outlook
does not come up in browse mode so I am able to use the shift tab right
away. Sometime when I do the shift tab NVDA first speaks the message
position, but at the same time it does move to the Subject line and read the
contents. Guessing this is of no help what so ever, but wanted to let you
know with this configuration, by the way latest version of Windows 10, that
what you are expecting to happen for your client is working here.
Rick

Dr. Rick Ely
TVI, Vision Consultant
451 Rocky Hill Road
Florence, MA 01062
&413() 727-3038

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of erik burggraaf
Sent: Sunday, June 24, 2018 11:01 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Quick help with outlook?

Hi all, I need to help some one using outlook and I don't have access to it.
When he does a reply, it puts him into brows mode. So, he can type a reply,
but he can't reach the to and subject lines. I had him do insert space to
turn browse mode off, but he was still unable to reach other fields using
shift tab.

Does any one know if those fields have alt key nemonics, or some other nvda
accessible way to reach them?

Thanks,

Erik


Re: Nvda saying spelling error

Gene
 

Is that what it actually says?  It used to say, in understandable, plain English, "report spelling errors."  Has the wording been changed along with the interface?  I hope not and that that is just how it was paraphrased.
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, June 24, 2018 8:47 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Nvda saying spelling error

Hello,
Ok got it and got it fixed;
Thank you so much 
Arvind

This message is transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.


Homepage; 

On 24 Jun 2018, at 19.38, Ralf Kefferpuetz <ralf.kefferpuetz@...> wrote:

Boxbe This message is eligible for Automatic Cleanup! (ralf.kefferpuetz@...) Add cleanup rule | More info

Hello,

NVDA-Control-d, then uncheck spelling errors.

 

Cheers,

  Ralf

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dr. arvind singh brar
Sent: Sonntag, 24. Juni 2018 13:38
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Nvda saying spelling error

 

Hello friends,

I would like to know,

How do i stop nvda from saying spelling error when  reading documents 

Thank you so much,

Arvind 

This message is transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

 

 

Homepage; 


Re: firefox quantum and capcha's

bob jutzi <jutzi1@...>
 

That should be easy.
Our bank doesn't require captia, but if it's sites such as banks you are referring to, sensitive information isn't displayed until after logging in.  You could always have the caller read the captia then terminate the call prior to logging in.  The captia is then invalid.

On 6/24/2018 11:32 AM, Kevin wrote:

You know be my eyes there’s a person on the other side, so your actually making a phone call and they’ll solve your captcha .  but you gotta trust this if your accessing sensitive data, do you trust someone you don’t even know?

 

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

 

From: bob jutzi
Sent: Sunday, June 24, 2018 7:35 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] firefox quantum and capcha's

 

Actually, just had an idea for those of us with iPhones.  We could

always use Be My Eyes, and have someone read the captia.  Just a thought.

 

On 6/24/2018 10:24 AM, P. Otter wrote:

> hello all,

> now we have firefox 60 but before there was rumola, you have to pay for

> it, no problem but it is no longer usable in firefox q.

> also there was webvisum, but the same trouble!

> it no longer works with ff quantum.

> is there a solution to solve this problem as far you know?

> cheers

> paul otter

>

>

>

>

>

 

 

 

 



Re: firefox quantum and capcha's

Kevin <kleeva5@...>
 

You know be my eyes there’s a person on the other side, so your actually making a phone call and they’ll solve your captcha .  but you gotta trust this if your accessing sensitive data, do you trust someone you don’t even know?

 

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

 

From: bob jutzi
Sent: Sunday, June 24, 2018 7:35 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] firefox quantum and capcha's

 

Actually, just had an idea for those of us with iPhones.  We could

always use Be My Eyes, and have someone read the captia.  Just a thought.

 

On 6/24/2018 10:24 AM, P. Otter wrote:

> hello all,

> now we have firefox 60 but before there was rumola, you have to pay for

> it, no problem but it is no longer usable in firefox q.

> also there was webvisum, but the same trouble!

> it no longer works with ff quantum.

> is there a solution to solve this problem as far you know?

> cheers

> paul otter

>

>

>

>

>

 

 

 

 


Re: Quick help with outlook?

ely.r@...
 

Erik
I am using Outlook 365, NVDA latest version and no add on. Here Outlook
does not come up in browse mode so I am able to use the shift tab right
away. Sometime when I do the shift tab NVDA first speaks the message
position, but at the same time it does move to the Subject line and read the
contents. Guessing this is of no help what so ever, but wanted to let you
know with this configuration, by the way latest version of Windows 10, that
what you are expecting to happen for your client is working here.
Rick

Dr. Rick Ely
TVI, Vision Consultant
451 Rocky Hill Road
Florence, MA 01062
&413() 727-3038

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of erik burggraaf
Sent: Sunday, June 24, 2018 11:01 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Quick help with outlook?

Hi all, I need to help some one using outlook and I don't have access to it.
When he does a reply, it puts him into brows mode. So, he can type a reply,
but he can't reach the to and subject lines. I had him do insert space to
turn browse mode off, but he was still unable to reach other fields using
shift tab.

Does any one know if those fields have alt key nemonics, or some other nvda
accessible way to reach them?

Thanks,

Erik


Quick help with outlook?

erik burggraaf <erik@...>
 

Hi all, I need to help some one using outlook and I don't have access to it. When he does a reply, it puts him into brows mode. So, he can type a reply, but he can't reach the to and subject lines. I had him do insert space to turn browse mode off, but he was still unable to reach other fields using shift tab.

Does any one know if those fields have alt key nemonics, or some other nvda accessible way to reach them?

Thanks,

Erik