Date   

Re: Adobe Flash Player with NVDA

Cearbhall O'Meadhra
 

Jolene,

I am very interested in your topic as I am currently writing a tutorial for users of the BorrowBox digital library service in which Adobe Flash comes in to playing a preview of an audio book. I can forward my recent discussion on this and the solution to it if that would be of interest?

There is a good deal of discussion between NVDA technical team members on getting NVDA to work with the embedded objects in Adobe Flash.
These are known as windowless objects and JAWS, for instance cannot see them at all in FireFox but can see them but has difficulty keeping focus on them in Internet Explorer.

NVDA gets around this by labelling the embedded oject as unavailable and using the NVDA+numpad divide (to move the mouse pointer to the current navigator object) followed by numpad divide on its own which emulates a left mouse clikc.

I wonder if you could try this solution and see if it gives you access to the player?

I have tried your two links with NVDA and Firefox on windows 10 (all latest versions) and found the following:
KITV:
http://www.kitv.com/category/305776/live-stream
This stream started playing and sounding in the speakers as soon as I opened the link in Firefox.

KHON2:
http://khon2.com/live-stream/
This link did not start and a typical part of the screen showed this:

" SEARCH THE SITE
Live Stream"

Then NVDA said:
iFrame 'embedded Object unavailable' and then 'Out of iFrame' after I pressed down-arrow once.
The stream did not start playing automatically like the first one. However, I pressed NVDA+numpad divide and then numpad divide alone and it did start to play. Another numpad divide stopped it. While NVDA is reporting the embedded object, the screen is reporting "blank" under the active cursor.

With these work-around techniques , both streams are working on what appears to be a similar system configuration to yours.

What do you think?

All the best,

Cearbhall

m +353 (0)833323487 Ph: _353 (0)1-2864623 e: cearbhall.omeadhra@blbc.ie



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I use the free version of Spam Reader to get rid of spam. The Professional version doesn't have this disclaimer in outgoing emails.
Try Spam Reader (http://www.spam-reader.com) for free now!

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jolene Cardenas
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2016 4:15 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Adobe Flash Player with NVDA

Hello everyone,

Adobe Flash Player is preventing me from tuning in to the local news online on such sites as:

KITV:
http://www.kitv.com/category/305776/live-stream

KHON2:
http://khon2.com/live-stream/

I had contacted these TV stations to report the technical difficulties, and both Webmasters had told me that their live streams were working properly.

Just a recap: My laptop's operating system is Windows 10, my Web browser is Firefox, and of course I use NVDA as my screen-reader.

So my questions are these:
1. How user-friendly is Adobe Flash Player with NVDA?
2. What could be causing Adobe Flash Player to play live Webcasts on some sites but not on others?
3. Is there a way for me to troubleshoot Adobe Flash Player without uninstalling and reinstalling it?

Thanks so much for your folks' help, and have a good day.

sincerely,

Jolene.


Re: Adobe Flash Player with NVDA

Gene
 

The proper Flash player is already being used.  I don't know what accounts for the problem.
 
Genne

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2016 2:01 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Adobe Flash Player with NVDA

,Hi Jolene.


Do you have any chance to update or download Adobe Shockwave and install it to your machine. Then, let us know if this will suffice your problem.


Robert Mendoza
On 5/25/2016 2:36 PM, Jolene Cardenas wrote:
Hello!

Thank you'all so much for your responses to this query, for I enjoyed
reading them to the max! :)

Yes, I do have the latest Adobe Flash Player installed because I had
just updated it a few days ago.

Here's another interesting thing: Whenever I go on Youtube, it plays
Youtube videos just fine!
Yet I don't understand why it won't play Webcasts on some sites but
not others--especially the 2 I had shared--and I'm missing out on my
local news and weather so much and have been for, well, almost a month
now!
If a major earthquake was to hit the Alleutian Islands and generate a
big tsunami for the Hawaiian Islands, for instance, I'd be sorely
uninformed.

As far as time zones go, Hawaii is 3 hours behind Pacific Time:
California, Oregon, the state of Washington, etc., so I don't know if
Adobe Flash Player's weird behavior is caused by this or not.

Anyway, thanks so much for the responses!

aloha,

Jolene.





Re: Adobe Flash Player with NVDA

Peter Beasley
 

I have a similar problem with the BBC. I can use internet explorer or google Chrome without any problem. Usin Firefox, what I do as a work around is go to the link, turn off NVDA, click on the link, and when it starts playing, I turn NVDA back on. Noone seems to know what the problem is with NVDA Firefox and Adobe flash.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lino Morales
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2016 4:29 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Adobe Flash Player with NVDA

Hey Joleen. Both KITV and KHON play straight away. Sounds like its gonna
heat up their. I heard both streams and bother weather reports LOL!


On 5/24/2016 11:15 PM, Jolene Cardenas wrote:
Hello everyone,

Adobe Flash Player is preventing me from tuning in to the local news
online on such sites as:

KITV:
http://www.kitv.com/category/305776/live-stream

KHON2:
http://khon2.com/live-stream/

I had contacted these TV stations to report the technical
difficulties, and both Webmasters had told me that their live streams
were working properly.

Just a recap: My laptop's operating system is Windows 10, my Web
browser is Firefox, and of course I use NVDA as my screen-reader.

So my questions are these:
1. How user-friendly is Adobe Flash Player with NVDA?
2. What could be causing Adobe Flash Player to play live Webcasts on
some sites but not on others?
3. Is there a way for me to troubleshoot Adobe Flash Player without
uninstalling and reinstalling it?

Thanks so much for your folks' help, and have a good day.

sincerely,

Jolene.



Re: NVDA and Itunes 12.4.0.119

Gene
 

No, I won't give them a break.  the only message from Apple sent to the list is a stock general message they send for lots of inquiries.  It's obvious.  The name of the program is never mentioned and it is a general message.  Did you get a different one?  They may be working on the problem but how quickly and seriously?  Was this message sent out because they actually are or is it sent out by a staff member who deals with complaints as a standard response? 
 
If you want to defend Apple, that's your right.  But why?  It's glaringly obvious that if Apple had given proper attention to accessibility, these obvious problems would have been solved long before this version reached release.  I won't give them a break.  I've seen complaints about accessibility in ITunes when new releases have come out before.  Apple claims to take accessibility seriously.  That means checking products during development, not after people report obvious problems after release. 
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2016 11:01 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and Itunes 12.4.0.119

Guys, give them a break for Christ sake!  They said they were working on it,
did they not?

If you don't believe them, then, ok, fine, whatever, but you don't have to
publicly rub it in their faces!  That's incredibly disrespectful!
---
Christopher Gilland
JAWS Certified, 2016.
Training Instructor.

clgilland07@...
Phone: (704) 256-8010.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephen" <whocrazy@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2016 11:50 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and Itunes 12.4.0.119


> Sounds like a classic autoresponse script to me.
> At 12:22 AM 5/25/2016, you wrote:
>>Hi all,
>>I received an email from apple. I am going to post it below this message.
>>Thanks to Christopher for posting the email address for Apple
>>accessibility.
>>Chris
>>
>>Subject:
>>Re: newest version of iTunes.; Follow-up: 641443370
>>Hello,
>>Thank you for your email. We appreciate the feedback and wanted to let you
>>know that Apple is currently investigating this issue. We cannot comment
>>on when it may be resolved.
>>Apple Accessibility
>>
>>
>
>
>
>




Re: Adobe Flash Player with NVDA

Gene
 

The version of Flash very likely is irrelevant.  Flash should be kept updated for security reasons but older versions of Flash should be able to play Flash content. 
 
There is an embedded object and if you need to use it, try the following:
open it with the letter o. 
Then, if you are using the desktop layout for the keyboard, which is the default, route the mouse to the object with the command numpad insert numpad slash.  Then click the object with the command numpad slash.
 
See if the stream plays. 
 
I'm not sure if the stream would have played if I had waited a little longer and done nothing but it played after I followed this procedure.  I didn't tell you the conventional procedure of working with embedded objects because the procedure I gave may work when the conventional method doesn't.  You should know the conventional method as well in case one works where another doesn't.  There are times when it is very difficult, perhaps not possible, to work with an embedded Flash object because of the design of the player but this appears not to be one.
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2016 10:19 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Adobe Flash Player with NVDA

Aloha. What version of Flash are you running? V 21 is the current
version. I wonder if they have any embeded objects? If so hit the letter
O and hit enter. If you hit tab and non of the controls read it won't
work. You'll hear embeded object unavailable. I'll have a look at the
sites. You are several hours behind me don't know what time the
newscasts start. I'll cheat and use Seri on my iPod.


On 5/24/2016 11:15 PM, Jolene Cardenas wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Adobe Flash Player is preventing me from tuning in to the local news
> online on such sites as:
>
> KITV:
> http://www.kitv.com/category/305776/live-stream
>
> KHON2:
> http://khon2.com/live-stream/
>
> I had contacted these TV stations to report the technical
> difficulties, and both Webmasters had told me that their live streams
> were working properly.
>
> Just a recap: My laptop's operating system is Windows 10, my Web
> browser is Firefox, and of course I use NVDA as my screen-reader.
>
> So my questions are these:
> 1. How user-friendly is Adobe Flash Player with NVDA?
> 2. What could be causing Adobe Flash Player to play live Webcasts on
> some sites but not on others?
> 3. Is there a way for me to troubleshoot Adobe Flash Player without
> uninstalling and reinstalling it?
>
> Thanks so much for your folks' help, and have a good day.
>
> sincerely,
>
> Jolene.
>
>
>




Re: Adobe Flash Player with NVDA

Brian's Mail list account BY <bglists@...>
 

On the bbc sight I often find the flash object missing and several refreshes later nvda caan suddenly find it. I have no idea why this should be but it seems confined to Firefox not IE, however in IE you do not seem to be able to read the button and control names but it works.
I've had most luck with the betas of flash not the release one, as for shockwave. I always updat this when prompted, though to be honest I've no idea what the impact on flash is.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shaun Everiss" <sm.everiss@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2016 8:34 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Adobe Flash Player with NVDA


Thats a point, I got a message from firefox to update shockwave director yesterday and did so downloading the slim version for the brouser.



On 25/05/2016 7:01 p.m., Robert Mendoza wrote:
,Hi Jolene.


Do you have any chance to update or download Adobe Shockwave and install
it to your machine. Then, let us know if this will suffice your problem.


Robert Mendoza

On 5/25/2016 2:36 PM, Jolene Cardenas wrote:
Hello!

Thank you'all so much for your responses to this query, for I enjoyed
reading them to the max! :)

Yes, I do have the latest Adobe Flash Player installed because I had
just updated it a few days ago.

Here's another interesting thing: Whenever I go on Youtube, it plays
Youtube videos just fine!
Yet I don't understand why it won't play Webcasts on some sites but
not others--especially the 2 I had shared--and I'm missing out on my
local news and weather so much and have been for, well, almost a month
now!
If a major earthquake was to hit the Alleutian Islands and generate a
big tsunami for the Hawaiian Islands, for instance, I'd be sorely
uninformed.

As far as time zones go, Hawaii is 3 hours behind Pacific Time:
California, Oregon, the state of Washington, etc., so I don't know if
Adobe Flash Player's weird behavior is caused by this or not.

Anyway, thanks so much for the responses!

aloha,

Jolene.



Re: Adobe Flash Player with NVDA

Stephen
 

I've seen this happen with the grease monkey extention for firefox and the kill windowless flash addon, you might want to try temporarily disabling it and browse to the affected sight and see if it works this time.

At 01:15 PM 5/25/2016, you wrote:
Hello everyone,

Adobe Flash Player is preventing me from tuning in to the local news
online on such sites as:

KITV:
http://www.kitv.com/category/305776/live-stream

KHON2:
http://khon2.com/live-stream/

I had contacted these TV stations to report the technical
difficulties, and both Webmasters had told me that their live streams
were working properly.

Just a recap: My laptop's operating system is Windows 10, my Web
browser is Firefox, and of course I use NVDA as my screen-reader.

So my questions are these:
1. How user-friendly is Adobe Flash Player with NVDA?
2. What could be causing Adobe Flash Player to play live Webcasts on
some sites but not on others?
3. Is there a way for me to troubleshoot Adobe Flash Player without
uninstalling and reinstalling it?

Thanks so much for your folks' help, and have a good day.

sincerely,

Jolene.


Re: Adobe Flash Player with NVDA

 

Thats a point, I got a message from firefox to update shockwave director yesterday and did so downloading the slim version for the brouser.

On 25/05/2016 7:01 p.m., Robert Mendoza wrote:
,Hi Jolene.


Do you have any chance to update or download Adobe Shockwave and install
it to your machine. Then, let us know if this will suffice your problem.


Robert Mendoza

On 5/25/2016 2:36 PM, Jolene Cardenas wrote:
Hello!

Thank you'all so much for your responses to this query, for I enjoyed
reading them to the max! :)

Yes, I do have the latest Adobe Flash Player installed because I had
just updated it a few days ago.

Here's another interesting thing: Whenever I go on Youtube, it plays
Youtube videos just fine!
Yet I don't understand why it won't play Webcasts on some sites but
not others--especially the 2 I had shared--and I'm missing out on my
local news and weather so much and have been for, well, almost a month
now!
If a major earthquake was to hit the Alleutian Islands and generate a
big tsunami for the Hawaiian Islands, for instance, I'd be sorely
uninformed.

As far as time zones go, Hawaii is 3 hours behind Pacific Time:
California, Oregon, the state of Washington, etc., so I don't know if
Adobe Flash Player's weird behavior is caused by this or not.

Anyway, thanks so much for the responses!

aloha,

Jolene.



Re: Saving NVDA Configuration Settings

Jolene Cardenas
 

Hello Gene,

Thank you so much for your detailed response!

I just checked the settings now and ESpeak is my synth, but there's
another choice besides No Speak: Microsoft Speech (something) 5.

Yes, I did uninstall and then reinstall NVDA and had actually removed
the NVDA files from my Profile subfolders before reinstalling it,
thinking that that would make the reinstall a clean one, but it didn't
work.

As for setting NVDA back to defalt once I reinstalled it, I didn't try
it yet but will do so tomorrow morning (Hawaii Time) and see if it
would work. I sure hope it does!

Take care, and have a good day.

aloha,

Jolene.


Re: accessible recording software

Jolene Cardenas
 

hello Dan,

Thank you for the query, for I believe I was one of those members who
was looking for it.
I got pretty confused with all the responses and responses TO
responses regarding it, but I'm still gonna keep on looking for one
that would work with NVDA and Windows 10, maybe not perfectly but at
least much of the time.

Thank you for the link to Virtual Recorder, though, and I'll read the
documentation and technical specs on it first before deciding whether
I wish to test it out or not.

Have a good day.

aloha,

Jolene.


Re: Adobe Flash Player with NVDA

Robert Mendoza
 

,Hi Jolene.


Do you have any chance to update or download Adobe Shockwave and install it to your machine. Then, let us know if this will suffice your problem.


Robert Mendoza
On 5/25/2016 2:36 PM, Jolene Cardenas wrote:

Hello!

Thank you'all so much for your responses to this query, for I enjoyed
reading them to the max! :)

Yes, I do have the latest Adobe Flash Player installed because I had
just updated it a few days ago.

Here's another interesting thing: Whenever I go on Youtube, it plays
Youtube videos just fine!
Yet I don't understand why it won't play Webcasts on some sites but
not others--especially the 2 I had shared--and I'm missing out on my
local news and weather so much and have been for, well, almost a month
now!
If a major earthquake was to hit the Alleutian Islands and generate a
big tsunami for the Hawaiian Islands, for instance, I'd be sorely
uninformed.

As far as time zones go, Hawaii is 3 hours behind Pacific Time:
California, Oregon, the state of Washington, etc., so I don't know if
Adobe Flash Player's weird behavior is caused by this or not.

Anyway, thanks so much for the responses!

aloha,

Jolene.





Re: Adobe Flash Player with NVDA

Jolene Cardenas
 

Hello!

Thank you'all so much for your responses to this query, for I enjoyed
reading them to the max! :)

Yes, I do have the latest Adobe Flash Player installed because I had
just updated it a few days ago.

Here's another interesting thing: Whenever I go on Youtube, it plays
Youtube videos just fine!
Yet I don't understand why it won't play Webcasts on some sites but
not others--especially the 2 I had shared--and I'm missing out on my
local news and weather so much and have been for, well, almost a month
now!
If a major earthquake was to hit the Alleutian Islands and generate a
big tsunami for the Hawaiian Islands, for instance, I'd be sorely
uninformed.

As far as time zones go, Hawaii is 3 hours behind Pacific Time:
California, Oregon, the state of Washington, etc., so I don't know if
Adobe Flash Player's weird behavior is caused by this or not.

Anyway, thanks so much for the responses!

aloha,

Jolene.


Re: NVDA and Itunes 12.4.0.119

Chris Shook <chris0309@...>
 

Which message are you responding to?


Re: NVDA 2016.2

Chris Shook <chris0309@...>
 

Joseph,
Thanks for the info.
Chris


Re: NVDA and Itunes 12.4.0.119

Chris Shook <chris0309@...>
 

Just to clarify, it took several hours before that email appeared in my inbox.
So, that tells me, form email or not, someone did read it and now they are aware of the problem if they weren't before.
I feel confident that the problem will be fixed, eventually.
I am certainly not going to gripe about the amount of time it may take to fix the problem since I have no idea how to fix the problem, or in fact, what is wrong in the first place. they could have ignored the email.
Chris


Re: NVDA and Itunes 12.4.0.119

Christopher-Mark Gilland <clgilland07@...>
 

When did I say I didn't like it? You're confused. If anything, it's quite the opisit. I love it!
---
Christopher Gilland
JAWS Certified, 2016.
Training Instructor.

clgilland07@gmail.com
Phone: (704) 256-8010.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Arlene" <nedster66@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2016 12:26 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and Itunes 12.4.0.119


Hi, I tunes is not for everybody. If you can't manage it. then uninstall it!
if you want to keep using it then write Apple and tell them it's broken for
you! Itunes is not for everybody! If you like the chaleenge then go for it!


-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Christopher-Mark Gilland
Sent: May-24-16 9:01 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and Itunes 12.4.0.119

Guys, give them a break for Christ sake! They said they were working on it,

did they not?

If you don't believe them, then, ok, fine, whatever, but you don't have to
publicly rub it in their faces! That's incredibly disrespectful!
---
Christopher Gilland
JAWS Certified, 2016.
Training Instructor.

clgilland07@gmail.com
Phone: (704) 256-8010.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephen" <whocrazy@internode.on.net>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2016 11:50 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and Itunes 12.4.0.119


Sounds like a classic autoresponse script to me.
At 12:22 AM 5/25/2016, you wrote:
Hi all,
I received an email from apple. I am going to post it below this message.
Thanks to Christopher for posting the email address for Apple
accessibility.
Chris

Subject:
Re: newest version of iTunes.; Follow-up: 641443370
Hello,
Thank you for your email. We appreciate the feedback and wanted to let you
know that Apple is currently investigating this issue. We cannot comment
on when it may be resolved.
Apple Accessibility








Re: how to set nvda auto read

Quentin Christensen
 

My pleasure :)  Glad it's working well!

On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 2:36 PM, aikeo koomanivong <moykoomanivong@...> wrote:
hello thanks for answer it works well and thanks again

On 5/25/16, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...> wrote:
> Having pressed NVDA+down arrow (or laptop: NVDA+a) to read from the current
> point onwards, you can press control, to stop NVDA from speaking.  You need
> to press NVDA+down arrow or NVDA+a to restart from the start of the current
> line / element to keep reading.
>
> If you press shift to pause speech (note that works with some synthesizers,
> such as eSpeak, but not all synthesizers), you can press shift to restart
> reading, although if you have used the arrow keys to navigate around the
> document in the meantime, you will need to press NVDA+down arrow or NVDA+a
> to restart reading from where you currently are.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Quentin.
>
> On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 12:03 PM, aikeo koomanivong <
> moykoomanivong@...> wrote:
>
>> Hi all thanks for great answers
>> But so I want to talk again about auto read with nvda
>> Well during it reading all I press shift key it working well but when
>> press shift key then I press up/down arrow then I need it to be auto
>> read again how should I do?
>> So sometime I read the document on the Microsoft word it very tired to
>> press down-arrow to read row by row how to set auto read
>> If NVDA didn’t have this function I hope someone could send this idea
>> to the nvda developer
>> Thanks again
>>
>>
>> On 5/25/16, Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...> wrote:
>> > Hi
>> >
>> >
>> > I just done a quick tutorial on how to do it, I will tidy it up later
>> > on
>> > tonight and upload it to the nvda tutorials for windows 10 page for any
>> one
>> > else who wants to do it.
>> >
>> >
>> > Bad draft below.
>> >
>> > Customizing your Desktop
>> >
>> > If you have been so used to having a my Pc icon, recycle bin, control
>> panel
>> >  ectra  some of the shortcuts can be replaced
>> >  Back on the desktop and have noticed it is not there and wanted it
>> > back
>> on
>> > the desktop, this can easily be done.
>> > Press the Windows key + the letter I. This will bring up the Windows
>> > settings section in Windows. You will be given some options. Locate the
>> > Personalization icon then press the enter key. Arrow to you hear NVDA
>> > say
>> > Themes then press the enter key. Next tab until you hear NVDA say
>> > Desktop
>> > icon settings then press the enter key. You will now be given some
>> options.
>> > For example computer, User's Files, Network, Recycle Bin, Control
>> > Panel.
>> If
>> > there are shortcuts you want back on the desktop from this section,
>> > press
>> > the space bar on the ones you want. This will check the check box, so
>> they
>> > can be added. After you have made your selection, tab to the apply
>> button,
>> > then press the enter key, tab again until you hear NVDA say ok button,
>> then
>> > press the enter key. Now these shortcuts/icons will now be on your
>> desktop.
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > Gene nz
>> >
>> >
>> > On 25/05/2016 7:03 AM, Gene New Zealand wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi
>> >
>> >
>> > I just read the email again, it says about putting a icon on the desk
>> > top
>> > sorry, the other way was doing it through file explorer after you use
>> > the
>> > Windows key + the letter E to bring up windows explorer.
>> >
>> >
>> > I can sus this out any how how to do this.
>> >
>> >
>> > Gene nz
>> >
>> >
>> > On 25/05/2016 6:34 AM, Gene New Zealand wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi
>> >
>> >
>> > Before I went on holidays I started to put together a page on Windows
>> > 10
>> on
>> > the stuff that most people would change etc. This page can be found at
>> > <
>> http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/nvda%20tutorials%20for%20windows%2010.html
>> >
>> > <
>> http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/nvda%20tutorials%20for%20windows%2010.html
>> >
>> >
>> http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/nvda%20tutorials%20for%20windows%2010.html
>> >
>> > Jump down to a section called How to Configure File Explorer
>> > (previously
>> > known as Windows Explorer) to Open With This PC
>> >
>> >
>> > I have done this to all of my machines
>> >
>> >
>> > hope this helps.
>> >
>> >
>> > Gene nz
>> >
>> >
>> > On 24/05/2016 11:20 PM, Pascal Lambert wrote:
>> >
>> > Greetings,
>> > Please is there a way to set up in Windows 10 the old "computer" icon
>> > on
>> the
>> > desktop to be able to quickly access all drives?
>> > Very much appreciated
>> > Blessings
>> > Pascal
>> >
>> > -----Original Message-----
>> > From: nvda@nvda.groups.io<mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
>> > [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Chris Mullins
>> > Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2016 7:45 AM
>> > To: nvda@nvda.groups.io<mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
>> > Subject: Re: [nvda] how to set nvda auto read
>> >
>> > Once you have set autoread  going, you can use  the shift key like a
>> pause
>> > button.  Press it to stop the speech, press it again to resume speech
>> from
>> > where you left off.
>> >
>> > Cheers
>> > Chris
>> >
>> > -----Original Message-----
>> > From: nvda@nvda.groups.io<mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
>> > [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of aikeo koomanivong
>> > Sent: 24 May 2016 09:21
>> > To: nvda@nvda.groups.io<mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
>> > Subject: [nvda] how to set nvda auto read
>> >
>> > When I using the internet after Firefox or internet explorer full
>> > loading
>> > the screen reader will auto read when I press control keyboard it’s
>> > stop
>> > reading but when I want it auto read  again I don’t know how to do it
>> > If
>> you
>> > have the best way please share with me Regards keo
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > --
>> > Check out my website for nvda tutorials and other blindness related
>> material
>> > at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net
>> >
>> >
>> > --
>> > Check out my website for nvda tutorials and other blindness related
>> material
>> > at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > --
>> > Check out my website for nvda tutorials and other blindness related
>> material
>> > at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net
>> >
>>
>>
>> --
>> AIKEO KOOMANIVONG
>> vise president
>> accessible ICT and musical development for the blind
>>
>> Vocational development for LAO-blind association [VDBA]
>> Office e-mail: vdba.lao@...
>> Facebook page:
>> www.facebook.com/laoblind.org
>> my personal e-mail: mlp_keo@...
>> skype name: peba_007
>> mobile phone: +8562099993423
>> Facebook:
>> www.facebook.com/keo.laoblind
>> Linkedin:
>> https://www.linkedin.com/pub/aikeo-koomanivong/a7/156/b8b
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
> --
> Quentin Christensen
> Training Material Developer
> Ph +61 7 3149 3306
> Direct: +61 413 904 383
> www.nvaccess.org
> Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
> Twitter: @NVAccess
>


--
AIKEO KOOMANIVONG
vise president
accessible ICT and musical development for the blind

Vocational development for LAO-blind association [VDBA]
Office e-mail: vdba.lao@...
Facebook page:
www.facebook.com/laoblind.org
my personal e-mail: mlp_keo@...
skype name: peba_007
mobile phone: +8562099993423
Facebook:
www.facebook.com/keo.laoblind
Linkedin:
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/aikeo-koomanivong/a7/156/b8b






--
Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer

Ph +61 7 3149 3306 
Direct: +61 413 904 383
www.nvaccess.org 
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess 
Twitter: @NVAccess 


Re: how to set nvda auto read

aikeo koomanivong
 

hello thanks for answer it works well and thanks again

On 5/25/16, Quentin Christensen <quentin@nvaccess.org> wrote:
Having pressed NVDA+down arrow (or laptop: NVDA+a) to read from the current
point onwards, you can press control, to stop NVDA from speaking. You need
to press NVDA+down arrow or NVDA+a to restart from the start of the current
line / element to keep reading.

If you press shift to pause speech (note that works with some synthesizers,
such as eSpeak, but not all synthesizers), you can press shift to restart
reading, although if you have used the arrow keys to navigate around the
document in the meantime, you will need to press NVDA+down arrow or NVDA+a
to restart reading from where you currently are.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 12:03 PM, aikeo koomanivong <
moykoomanivong@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all thanks for great answers
But so I want to talk again about auto read with nvda
Well during it reading all I press shift key it working well but when
press shift key then I press up/down arrow then I need it to be auto
read again how should I do?
So sometime I read the document on the Microsoft word it very tired to
press down-arrow to read row by row how to set auto read
If NVDA didn’t have this function I hope someone could send this idea
to the nvda developer
Thanks again


On 5/25/16, Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@outlook.co.nz> wrote:
Hi


I just done a quick tutorial on how to do it, I will tidy it up later
on
tonight and upload it to the nvda tutorials for windows 10 page for any
one
else who wants to do it.


Bad draft below.

Customizing your Desktop

If you have been so used to having a my Pc icon, recycle bin, control
panel
ectra some of the shortcuts can be replaced
Back on the desktop and have noticed it is not there and wanted it
back
on
the desktop, this can easily be done.
Press the Windows key + the letter I. This will bring up the Windows
settings section in Windows. You will be given some options. Locate the
Personalization icon then press the enter key. Arrow to you hear NVDA
say
Themes then press the enter key. Next tab until you hear NVDA say
Desktop
icon settings then press the enter key. You will now be given some
options.
For example computer, User's Files, Network, Recycle Bin, Control
Panel.
If
there are shortcuts you want back on the desktop from this section,
press
the space bar on the ones you want. This will check the check box, so
they
can be added. After you have made your selection, tab to the apply
button,
then press the enter key, tab again until you hear NVDA say ok button,
then
press the enter key. Now these shortcuts/icons will now be on your
desktop.





Gene nz


On 25/05/2016 7:03 AM, Gene New Zealand wrote:

Hi


I just read the email again, it says about putting a icon on the desk
top
sorry, the other way was doing it through file explorer after you use
the
Windows key + the letter E to bring up windows explorer.


I can sus this out any how how to do this.


Gene nz


On 25/05/2016 6:34 AM, Gene New Zealand wrote:

Hi


Before I went on holidays I started to put together a page on Windows
10
on
the stuff that most people would change etc. This page can be found at
<
http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/nvda%20tutorials%20for%20windows%2010.html

<
http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/nvda%20tutorials%20for%20windows%2010.html

http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/nvda%20tutorials%20for%20windows%2010.html

Jump down to a section called How to Configure File Explorer
(previously
known as Windows Explorer) to Open With This PC


I have done this to all of my machines


hope this helps.


Gene nz


On 24/05/2016 11:20 PM, Pascal Lambert wrote:

Greetings,
Please is there a way to set up in Windows 10 the old "computer" icon
on
the
desktop to be able to quickly access all drives?
Very much appreciated
Blessings
Pascal

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io<mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
[mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Chris Mullins
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2016 7:45 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io<mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [nvda] how to set nvda auto read

Once you have set autoread going, you can use the shift key like a
pause
button. Press it to stop the speech, press it again to resume speech
from
where you left off.

Cheers
Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io<mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
[mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of aikeo koomanivong
Sent: 24 May 2016 09:21
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io<mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Subject: [nvda] how to set nvda auto read

When I using the internet after Firefox or internet explorer full
loading
the screen reader will auto read when I press control keyboard it’s
stop
reading but when I want it auto read again I don’t know how to do it
If
you
have the best way please share with me Regards keo













--
Check out my website for nvda tutorials and other blindness related
material
at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net


--
Check out my website for nvda tutorials and other blindness related
material
at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net




--
Check out my website for nvda tutorials and other blindness related
material
at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net

--
AIKEO KOOMANIVONG
vise president
accessible ICT and musical development for the blind

Vocational development for LAO-blind association [VDBA]
Office e-mail: vdba.lao@gmail.com
Facebook page:
www.facebook.com/laoblind.org
my personal e-mail: mlp_keo@yahoo.com
skype name: peba_007
mobile phone: +8562099993423
Facebook:
www.facebook.com/keo.laoblind
Linkedin:
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/aikeo-koomanivong/a7/156/b8b




--
Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer
Ph +61 7 3149 3306
Direct: +61 413 904 383
www.nvaccess.org
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess
--
AIKEO KOOMANIVONG
vise president
accessible ICT and musical development for the blind

Vocational development for LAO-blind association [VDBA]
Office e-mail: vdba.lao@gmail.com
Facebook page:
www.facebook.com/laoblind.org
my personal e-mail: mlp_keo@yahoo.com
skype name: peba_007
mobile phone: +8562099993423
Facebook:
www.facebook.com/keo.laoblind
Linkedin:
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/aikeo-koomanivong/a7/156/b8b


accessible recording software

 


To all listers
Not sure, but sounds like some of our members are looking for an accessible program that could record sound from microphone and computer as the same time. If so, you can use a free software named Virtual Recorder from http://opopanax.net/download/
Tried with nvDA, and see it quite accessible.
Cuong
---------------
Dang Manh Cuong
The Assistive technology specialist
Sao Mai Vocational and assistive center for the blind
391 Lac Long Quan, ward 5, Dst 11, HCMC, Vietnam
Tel: +84862573309
E-mail: vanphong@...; congnghe@...
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SaoMaiCenter
Website: http://www.trungtamsaomai.org; http://www.saomaicenter.org
 
Mobile / Zalo: +84 902-572-300
E-mail: dangmanhcuong@...; cuong@...
Yahoo! ID: manhcuong0312
Skype name: dangmanhcuong
facebook: http://facebook.com/dangmanhcuong
Twitter: @ManhCuongTech


Re: NVDA and Itunes 12.4.0.119

 

It is a autoresponder, its a standard boilerplate message.
What this message actually means is that the server has recieved the message and nothing more.
What you will need to wait is for an actual responce and be mindfull that the message is in a cue.
Often when I send a message to say a support site I get that sort of thing saying its behing worked on.
Its just an autoresponder crap message telling me that its in the cue of things.
I recieve usually a responce in 24 hours or so, thats another thing if the responder states how much time it should take for a message to get through to an responce then that is what it does.

On 25/05/2016 4:01 p.m., Christopher-Mark Gilland wrote:
Guys, give them a break for Christ sake! They said they were working on
it, did they not?

If you don't believe them, then, ok, fine, whatever, but you don't have
to publicly rub it in their faces! That's incredibly disrespectful!
---
Christopher Gilland
JAWS Certified, 2016.
Training Instructor.

clgilland07@gmail.com
Phone: (704) 256-8010.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Stephen" <whocrazy@internode.on.net>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2016 11:50 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and Itunes 12.4.0.119


Sounds like a classic autoresponse script to me.
At 12:22 AM 5/25/2016, you wrote:
Hi all,
I received an email from apple. I am going to post it below this
message.
Thanks to Christopher for posting the email address for Apple
accessibility.
Chris

Subject:
Re: newest version of iTunes.; Follow-up: 641443370
Hello,
Thank you for your email. We appreciate the feedback and wanted to
let you know that Apple is currently investigating this issue. We
cannot comment on when it may be resolved.
Apple Accessibility