Date   

Re: win 10 emoji's panel

Lino Morales
 

There is no need for a tutorial Don. All you have to do is hit either WIN key semicolon or WIN key period and use your arrows to the emojies you want to incert then hit enter.

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 


From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of Don H <lmddh50@...>
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2018 5:58:54 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] win 10 emoji's panel
 
Is there any tutorials regarding how to use the emoji's  panel with NVDA?
Thanks





win 10 emoji's panel

Don H
 

Is there any tutorials regarding how to use the emoji's  panel with NVDA?
Thanks


Re: The windows 10 emoji panel

 

Hi,
Windows OneCore voices and Espeak NG will read most of them. As for making other synthesizers follow suit, that's coming very soon.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of ann
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2018 2:29 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] The windows 10 emoji panel

Hi,


Is there an addon that will allow NVDA to read the emoji's in the windows emoji panel? All my NVDA says is the position in the list and how many items there are, but it does not read the character. Narrator reads them just fine, but it is a pain to have to switch to Narrator just to grab an emoji.


Thanks,

~Ann


The windows 10 emoji panel

ann
 

Hi,


Is there an addon that will allow NVDA to read the emoji's in the windows emoji panel? All my NVDA says is the position in the list and how many items there are, but it does not read the character. Narrator reads them just fine, but it is a pain to have to switch to Narrator just to grab an emoji.


Thanks,

~Ann


Password for certification Exam

Keith Bundy <kbun@...>
 

Hi. I am wanting to take the NVDA certification exam. When I click on it, I am taken to a login page.

 

I apparently have an account, but I have forgotten my password. I have clicked on the reset password link at least three times and have never gotten a password reset email. I have checked all spam folders.

 

Does anyone have a suggestion for what I should do next? I tried going to the login page directly, as an old message on this group said you could create an account from there. But I didn’t find that option.

 

Any suggestions will be sincerely appreciated.

 

 

Keith Bundy
Accessibility Community Consultant

 

 

7807 Creekridge Circle  |  Minneapolis, MN 55439
Direct +1 605 480 0976  |  kbun@...

 

Facebook   Twitter   LinkedIn

 

Unsubscribe

 


NVDA Snapshot types

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

I know I asked a similar question before, but looking at the email list of different snap releases I see alpha and beta, yet on the snapshot web site it seems only alpha have updated, the beta is showing rc versions of the last stable release. Am I missing something here, or are betas not actually on the site?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.


Re: I need a Web Content Management System that works well with NVDA

Jackie
 

You install a program like Xampp on your local box to get a server in
place, then WordPress on top of that. Or, if you already have a
server, then just create a database & install Wordpress & CONNECT IT
TO THE DATABASE YOU CREATED.

On 10/11/18, John J. Boyer <john.boyer@abilitiessoft.org> wrote:
I've looked at both www.drupal.org and www.wordpress.org . I found the
Wordpress website much easier to use and
understand. My main question is about installation. Wordpress must be
installed on the server. Does this mean that the
server does all the work, or is there a client program that I install on my
Windows 10 computer that takes care of the
details?

Thanks,
John

On Tue, Oct 09, 2018 at 07:34:14PM -0700, Jackie wrote:
I think they're both excellent. Almost 30% of the net's websites use
WordPress, & I think that's because the learning curve for WordPress
is, I think, slightly less steep than w/Drupal.

On 10/9/18, Waqas Ramzan <waqasramzan596@gmail.com> wrote:
Drupal is your best bet. That's what my 3 years of experience says.

Sent On The Go, more details via laptop.


On October 9, 2018 9:40:10 PM "John J. Boyer"
<john.boyer@abilitiessoft.org> wrote:

Thanks.

John

--
John J. Boyer
Email: john.boyer@abilitiessoft.org
website: http://www.abilitiessoft.org
Status: Company dissolved but website and email addresses live.
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Mission: developing assistive technology software and providing STEM
services
that are available at no cost









--
Remember! Friends Help Friends Be Cybersafe
Jackie McBride
Helping Cybercrime Victims 1 Person at a Time
https://brighter-vision.com


--
John J. Boyer
Email: john.boyer@abilitiessoft.org
website: http://www.abilitiessoft.org
Status: Company dissolved but website and email addresses live.
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Mission: developing assistive technology software and providing STEM
services
that are available at no cost





--
Remember! Friends Help Friends Be Cybersafe
Jackie McBride
Helping Cybercrime Victims 1 Person at a Time
https://brighter-vision.com


Re: Recuva

Don H
 

No not a portable version of NVDA

On 10/11/2018 10:08 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Well was this with a portable version of nvda by any chance?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Don H" <lmddh50@adams.net>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2018 1:55 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Recuva


I could not get to read the list of files it found that could be recovered.

On 10/11/2018 6:12 AM, Tony Ballou wrote:
Hi,


Yes, I have, and it works well with NVDA.


tony


On 10/10/2018 8:22 PM, Don H wrote:
Has anyone tried using the Recuva recovery software package made by
the same company that makes ccleaner?










Re: Recuva

 

I have used and like Recuva.  That being said, depending on exactly what sort of recovery is being done, it may not be the best tool for the task.  I have been wondering since the topic started exactly what it is that the recovery attempt is being made for and on what medium.

For partition recoveries or even mass file recoveries TestDisk may be the better tool, though I cannot speak to its accessibility.

Also, if the file one wishes to recover is on a HDD or SSD that's still being actively used, time is of the essence since the blocks now marked as free are up for grabs for reuse at any moment.  When using any recovery tool it is essential that the disc being recovered from be offline and that what's being recovered be recovered to a different disk, at least if we're talking about trying to get something more than a single file or a couple of files.  If the latter, you still have "the clock is ticking" factor if the disc is in use.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134  

    The psychology of adultery has been falsified by conventional morals, which assume, in monogamous countries, that attraction to one person cannot co-exist with a serious affection for another.  Everybody knows that this is untrue. . .

           ~ Bertrand Russell

 

 


Re: Recuva

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

Well was this with a portable version of nvda by any chance?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Don H" <lmddh50@adams.net>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2018 1:55 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Recuva


I could not get to read the list of files it found that could be recovered.

On 10/11/2018 6:12 AM, Tony Ballou wrote:
Hi,


Yes, I have, and it works well with NVDA.


tony


On 10/10/2018 8:22 PM, Don H wrote:
Has anyone tried using the Recuva recovery software package made by
the same company that makes ccleaner?






Re: Windows 10 version 1809 being shelved do to major issues

 

it broke internet explorer on my end

luckly I had a image of my drive and had my system back to a working os with in the hour

On 10/11/2018 5:00 AM, Ian Blackburn wrote:
Yes you do get some problems with this update
One machine I have worked fine
Younger and older one connected by Wi-Fi broke the Internet connection properties


On 11 Oct 2018, at 7:28 pm, Tony Ballou <cyberpro224@...> wrote:

Hi Gene,


Honestly, there seems to be more of this occurring in the last decade or so going as far back as windows Vista.  Windows 7 was the fix for that debacle. I've yet to read this article, and much thanks for the post my friend.  I am inclined to agree with the premise that it is just plain carelessness and negligence on somebody's part there.   The insider updates come almost too frequently for me to keep up with and test, and with other things on the plate right now I've dropped messing around with it and maybe its not the worst move I've made on my part.  I can't stress it enough to everyone just how important it is to back everything up.  For drives can hit the skids on you, and as Microsoft has now shown and unfortunately proven to us that files can disappear and be gone without a trace.


Tony


On 10/9/2018 7:31 AM, Gene wrote:
It may be worse than I thought.  it may be just plain neglegence. 
 
In my past writings on this subject, I've assumed that the problem in the latest major update was caused by defects in the insider program in identifying problems and the pressure of too frequent updates.  This comment in an article on the Kim Komando site raises the very real possibility that its just plain carelessness and neglegence.  This may become a major story and may result in major changes in how Microsoft handles updates. 
 
And this problem is yet another reminder to back up everything you don't want to lose.  If you don't, sooner or later, you'll lose a lot or all of your files because something is going to happen. 
 
https://www.komando.com/happening-now/495846/windows-update-halted-by-microsoft-for-major-problems
Perhaps more troubling are the reports stating that the bug existed even on the Windows Insider preview versions of the update. Isn't this precisely the thing beta testing is for?
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: Gene
Sent: Monday, October 08, 2018 12:40 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows 10 version 1809 being shelved do to major issues

But in the old days, Windows didn't get a full upgrade every six months.  Service packs were infrequent--perhaps two or three or four years apart.  Windows 7 only had one.  Perhaps Microsoft should look through its records of who had problems with Windows 10 upgrades through Windows 10's history.  Perhaps they can identify certain combinations of hardware and software that are prone to problems.  They then can actively attempt to recruit members of the Insider program who run such combinations.  It appears the Insider program is not working as expected. 
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, October 08, 2018 11:22 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows 10 version 1809 being shelved do to major issues

Windows rollout problems have been with us since the last millennium.  Remember Windows 98, it crashed, right there, on stage with  Bill Gates at the helm.

This just seems to be part of windows reality.  It seems we must live with it or  leave it.  There is a choice.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: October-08-18 9:08 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows 10 version 1809 being shelved do to major issues

 

What is wrong with the insider program that this problem wasn't known before the rollout?  Are there too few people in the program?  Should there be more attention to trying to get more users who use Windows in different ways and on more varied equipment?  Microsoft is developing a reputation for bad rollouts, hardly helpful for the company achieving its goals of having people accept "Windows as a service." 

 

In an article I read yesterday from a reliable source, it was stated that both this major upgrade and the one before it had serious problems.  I don't recall the details now, but I recall reading about how the previous upgrade put some users machines into infinite bootup loops.  I don't recall what other problems may have been in that upgrade.  Again, what is wrong with the insider program that this wasn't caught? 

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Monday, October 08, 2018 9:48 AM

Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows 10 version 1809 being shelved do to major issues

 

Yes Jonathan Mosen was mentioning about it this very morning. Though he says
none of his machines have had the issue. There was also so question marks
about third party anti virusses maybe blocking the back up of files when
Windows tries to move them as well.

So who is going to sue for lost data?
 The more I hear the more I'm glad I'm on windows 7, even if it won't read
dropbox dialogue boxes any more.
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Tony Ballou" <cyberpro224@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, October 08, 2018 1:31 PM
Subject: [nvda] Windows 10 version 1809 being shelved do to major issues


> Howdy,
>
>
> From our win10 sister list and other reputable sources in the wires and
> colleagues from my personal network there have been loads of reports
> about people losing their data when they upgrade from windows 10 version
> 1803 to version 1809. Microsoft has put the version 1809 update back on
> the shelf until they figure out what is happening. This seems to be
> happening to folks who are signed into one drive while they run the
> upgrade. Systems that are not signed into one drive appear not to have
> the issue. You can read more of this here.
>
>
> https://www.theverge.com/2018/10/6/17944966/microsoft-windows-10-october-2018-update-documents-deleted-issues-windows-update-paused
>
>
> Tony
>
>
>
>
>



-- 
check out my song on youtube
https://youtu.be/YeWgx2LRu7Y


Re: Recuva

Don H
 

I could not get to read the list of files it found that could be recovered.

On 10/11/2018 6:12 AM, Tony Ballou wrote:
Hi,


Yes, I have, and it works well with NVDA.


tony


On 10/10/2018 8:22 PM, Don H wrote:
Has anyone tried using the Recuva recovery software package made by
the same company that makes ccleaner?




Re: Windows 10 version 1809 being shelved do to major issues

Ian Blackburn
 

Yes you do get some problems with this update
One machine I have worked fine
Younger and older one connected by Wi-Fi broke the Internet connection properties


On 11 Oct 2018, at 7:28 pm, Tony Ballou <cyberpro224@...> wrote:

Hi Gene,


Honestly, there seems to be more of this occurring in the last decade or so going as far back as windows Vista.  Windows 7 was the fix for that debacle. I've yet to read this article, and much thanks for the post my friend.  I am inclined to agree with the premise that it is just plain carelessness and negligence on somebody's part there.   The insider updates come almost too frequently for me to keep up with and test, and with other things on the plate right now I've dropped messing around with it and maybe its not the worst move I've made on my part.  I can't stress it enough to everyone just how important it is to back everything up.  For drives can hit the skids on you, and as Microsoft has now shown and unfortunately proven to us that files can disappear and be gone without a trace.


Tony


On 10/9/2018 7:31 AM, Gene wrote:

It may be worse than I thought.  it may be just plain neglegence. 
 
In my past writings on this subject, I've assumed that the problem in the latest major update was caused by defects in the insider program in identifying problems and the pressure of too frequent updates.  This comment in an article on the Kim Komando site raises the very real possibility that its just plain carelessness and neglegence.  This may become a major story and may result in major changes in how Microsoft handles updates. 
 
And this problem is yet another reminder to back up everything you don't want to lose.  If you don't, sooner or later, you'll lose a lot or all of your files because something is going to happen. 
 
https://www.komando.com/happening-now/495846/windows-update-halted-by-microsoft-for-major-problems
Perhaps more troubling are the reports stating that the bug existed even on the Windows Insider preview versions of the update. Isn't this precisely the thing beta testing is for?
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: Gene
Sent: Monday, October 08, 2018 12:40 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows 10 version 1809 being shelved do to major issues

But in the old days, Windows didn't get a full upgrade every six months.  Service packs were infrequent--perhaps two or three or four years apart.  Windows 7 only had one.  Perhaps Microsoft should look through its records of who had problems with Windows 10 upgrades through Windows 10's history.  Perhaps they can identify certain combinations of hardware and software that are prone to problems.  They then can actively attempt to recruit members of the Insider program who run such combinations.  It appears the Insider program is not working as expected. 
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, October 08, 2018 11:22 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows 10 version 1809 being shelved do to major issues

Windows rollout problems have been with us since the last millennium.  Remember Windows 98, it crashed, right there, on stage with  Bill Gates at the helm.

This just seems to be part of windows reality.  It seems we must live with it or  leave it.  There is a choice.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: October-08-18 9:08 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows 10 version 1809 being shelved do to major issues

 

What is wrong with the insider program that this problem wasn't known before the rollout?  Are there too few people in the program?  Should there be more attention to trying to get more users who use Windows in different ways and on more varied equipment?  Microsoft is developing a reputation for bad rollouts, hardly helpful for the company achieving its goals of having people accept "Windows as a service." 

 

In an article I read yesterday from a reliable source, it was stated that both this major upgrade and the one before it had serious problems.  I don't recall the details now, but I recall reading about how the previous upgrade put some users machines into infinite bootup loops.  I don't recall what other problems may have been in that upgrade.  Again, what is wrong with the insider program that this wasn't caught? 

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Monday, October 08, 2018 9:48 AM

Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows 10 version 1809 being shelved do to major issues

 

Yes Jonathan Mosen was mentioning about it this very morning. Though he says
none of his machines have had the issue. There was also so question marks
about third party anti virusses maybe blocking the back up of files when
Windows tries to move them as well.

So who is going to sue for lost data?
 The more I hear the more I'm glad I'm on windows 7, even if it won't read
dropbox dialogue boxes any more.
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Tony Ballou" <cyberpro224@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, October 08, 2018 1:31 PM
Subject: [nvda] Windows 10 version 1809 being shelved do to major issues


> Howdy,
>
>
> From our win10 sister list and other reputable sources in the wires and
> colleagues from my personal network there have been loads of reports
> about people losing their data when they upgrade from windows 10 version
> 1803 to version 1809. Microsoft has put the version 1809 update back on
> the shelf until they figure out what is happening. This seems to be
> happening to folks who are signed into one drive while they run the
> upgrade. Systems that are not signed into one drive appear not to have
> the issue. You can read more of this here.
>
>
> https://www.theverge.com/2018/10/6/17944966/microsoft-windows-10-october-2018-update-documents-deleted-issues-windows-update-paused
>
>
> Tony
>
>
>
>
>




Re: Windows 10 version 1809 being shelved do to major issues

Tony Ballou
 

Hi Gene,


Honestly, there seems to be more of this occurring in the last decade or so going as far back as windows Vista.  Windows 7 was the fix for that debacle. I've yet to read this article, and much thanks for the post my friend.  I am inclined to agree with the premise that it is just plain carelessness and negligence on somebody's part there.   The insider updates come almost too frequently for me to keep up with and test, and with other things on the plate right now I've dropped messing around with it and maybe its not the worst move I've made on my part.  I can't stress it enough to everyone just how important it is to back everything up.  For drives can hit the skids on you, and as Microsoft has now shown and unfortunately proven to us that files can disappear and be gone without a trace.


Tony


On 10/9/2018 7:31 AM, Gene wrote:

It may be worse than I thought.  it may be just plain neglegence. 
 
In my past writings on this subject, I've assumed that the problem in the latest major update was caused by defects in the insider program in identifying problems and the pressure of too frequent updates.  This comment in an article on the Kim Komando site raises the very real possibility that its just plain carelessness and neglegence.  This may become a major story and may result in major changes in how Microsoft handles updates. 
 
And this problem is yet another reminder to back up everything you don't want to lose.  If you don't, sooner or later, you'll lose a lot or all of your files because something is going to happen. 
 
https://www.komando.com/happening-now/495846/windows-update-halted-by-microsoft-for-major-problems
Perhaps more troubling are the reports stating that the bug existed even on the Windows Insider preview versions of the update. Isn't this precisely the thing beta testing is for?
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: Gene
Sent: Monday, October 08, 2018 12:40 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows 10 version 1809 being shelved do to major issues

But in the old days, Windows didn't get a full upgrade every six months.  Service packs were infrequent--perhaps two or three or four years apart.  Windows 7 only had one.  Perhaps Microsoft should look through its records of who had problems with Windows 10 upgrades through Windows 10's history.  Perhaps they can identify certain combinations of hardware and software that are prone to problems.  They then can actively attempt to recruit members of the Insider program who run such combinations.  It appears the Insider program is not working as expected. 
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, October 08, 2018 11:22 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows 10 version 1809 being shelved do to major issues

Windows rollout problems have been with us since the last millennium.  Remember Windows 98, it crashed, right there, on stage with  Bill Gates at the helm.

This just seems to be part of windows reality.  It seems we must live with it or  leave it.  There is a choice.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: October-08-18 9:08 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows 10 version 1809 being shelved do to major issues

 

What is wrong with the insider program that this problem wasn't known before the rollout?  Are there too few people in the program?  Should there be more attention to trying to get more users who use Windows in different ways and on more varied equipment?  Microsoft is developing a reputation for bad rollouts, hardly helpful for the company achieving its goals of having people accept "Windows as a service." 

 

In an article I read yesterday from a reliable source, it was stated that both this major upgrade and the one before it had serious problems.  I don't recall the details now, but I recall reading about how the previous upgrade put some users machines into infinite bootup loops.  I don't recall what other problems may have been in that upgrade.  Again, what is wrong with the insider program that this wasn't caught? 

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Monday, October 08, 2018 9:48 AM

Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows 10 version 1809 being shelved do to major issues

 

Yes Jonathan Mosen was mentioning about it this very morning. Though he says
none of his machines have had the issue. There was also so question marks
about third party anti virusses maybe blocking the back up of files when
Windows tries to move them as well.

So who is going to sue for lost data?
 The more I hear the more I'm glad I'm on windows 7, even if it won't read
dropbox dialogue boxes any more.
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Tony Ballou" <cyberpro224@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, October 08, 2018 1:31 PM
Subject: [nvda] Windows 10 version 1809 being shelved do to major issues


> Howdy,
>
>
> From our win10 sister list and other reputable sources in the wires and
> colleagues from my personal network there have been loads of reports
> about people losing their data when they upgrade from windows 10 version
> 1803 to version 1809. Microsoft has put the version 1809 update back on
> the shelf until they figure out what is happening. This seems to be
> happening to folks who are signed into one drive while they run the
> upgrade. Systems that are not signed into one drive appear not to have
> the issue. You can read more of this here.
>
>
> https://www.theverge.com/2018/10/6/17944966/microsoft-windows-10-october-2018-update-documents-deleted-issues-windows-update-paused
>
>
> Tony
>
>
>
>
>




Re: Recuva

Tony Ballou
 

Hi,


Yes, I have, and it works well with NVDA.


tony

On 10/10/2018 8:22 PM, Don H wrote:
Has anyone tried using the Recuva recovery software package made by
the same company that makes ccleaner?




Re: Can NVDA be used in the Nepali language

Jo Fullerton
 

Hi Quentin

Thank you for that very useful information. I will pass it on to my customer. 

Kind regards

Jo

Jo Fullerton

Technology for Life Coordinator 

RNIB Scotland Employment and Learning Centre

Moulsdale House

24D Milton Road East

Edinburgh EH15 2NJ

Tel: 0131 657 8205

Mobile: 07968 200094 







On 11 Oct 2018, at 11:15, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...> wrote:

Hi Jo,

According to our translation page at https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/wiki/Translating

NVDA was last translated to Nepalese in 2016 and we are in need of a new translator.  That means that some of NVDA's user interface will still likely be correct in Nepalese, and anything added since 2016 won't have been translated.  That's the user interface itself.  In terms of reading out information from the computer, eSpeak NG (the more robotic voice which is the default on Windows 7) does work in Nepalese.  I don't have a list of Windows OneCore voices, so I am not 100% sure whether it is available in Nepalese in Windows 10.

As for our user interface, if you are, or you know someone who might be interested in helping translate to Nepalese again, the details are available on that page I liked to.  The first step would be to join the translation mailing list and say hi - that way if anyone else has expressed an interest in it (but not yet updated the translation) you can discuss between you how best to proceed.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 8:29 PM Jo Fullerton <Jo.Fullerton@...> wrote:

Hi

 

Does anyone know if NVDA can be used in the Nepali language?   I saw a reference to Nepali in a list of languages supported by NVDA but couldn't find any detail.  There are some specific language NVDA user groups but Nepali is not one of them. 

 

Jo

 

Jo Fullerton,

Technology for Life Coordinator, Scotland

RNIB (Royal National Institute of Blind People)

t: 0303 123 9999 (all enquiries)

e: tfl.mailbox@...

e: www.rnib.org.uk

Join us on Facebook:

www.facebook.com/rnibuk

Follow us on twitter:

www.twitter.com/rnib

 

 

 


--

Sight loss isn’t black and white - we all see things differently. Explore this spectrum of sight with #HowISee: watch our film at rnib.org.uk/HowISee 

--

DISCLAIMER:

NOTICE: The information contained in this email and any attachments is confidential and may be privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient you should not use, disclose, distribute or copy any of the content of it or of any attachment; you are requested to notify the sender immediately of your receipt of the email and then to delete it and any attachments from your system.

RNIB endeavours to ensure that emails and any attachments generated by its staff are free from viruses or other contaminants.  However, it cannot accept any responsibility for any  such which are transmitted.

We therefore recommend you scan all attachments.

Please note that the statements and views expressed in this email and any attachments are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of RNIB.

RNIB Registered Charity Number: 226227

Website: https://www.rnib.org.uk



--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Official NVDA Training modules and expert certification now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess 
Twitter: @NVAccess 


--

Sight loss isn’t black and white - we all see things differently. Explore this spectrum of sight with #HowISee: watch our film at rnib.org.uk/HowISee 

--

DISCLAIMER:

NOTICE: The information contained in this email and any attachments is confidential and may be privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient you should not use, disclose, distribute or copy any of the content of it or of any attachment; you are requested to notify the sender immediately of your receipt of the email and then to delete it and any attachments from your system.

RNIB endeavours to ensure that emails and any attachments generated by its staff are free from viruses or other contaminants.  However, it cannot accept any responsibility for any  such which are transmitted.

We therefore recommend you scan all attachments.

Please note that the statements and views expressed in this email and any attachments are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of RNIB.

RNIB Registered Charity Number: 226227

Website: https://www.rnib.org.uk


Re: Can NVDA be used in the Nepali language

Quentin Christensen
 

Hi Jo,

According to our translation page at https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/wiki/Translating

NVDA was last translated to Nepalese in 2016 and we are in need of a new translator.  That means that some of NVDA's user interface will still likely be correct in Nepalese, and anything added since 2016 won't have been translated.  That's the user interface itself.  In terms of reading out information from the computer, eSpeak NG (the more robotic voice which is the default on Windows 7) does work in Nepalese.  I don't have a list of Windows OneCore voices, so I am not 100% sure whether it is available in Nepalese in Windows 10.

As for our user interface, if you are, or you know someone who might be interested in helping translate to Nepalese again, the details are available on that page I liked to.  The first step would be to join the translation mailing list and say hi - that way if anyone else has expressed an interest in it (but not yet updated the translation) you can discuss between you how best to proceed.

Kind regards

Quentin.


On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 8:29 PM Jo Fullerton <Jo.Fullerton@...> wrote:

Hi

 

Does anyone know if NVDA can be used in the Nepali language?   I saw a reference to Nepali in a list of languages supported by NVDA but couldn't find any detail.  There are some specific language NVDA user groups but Nepali is not one of them. 

 

Jo

 

Jo Fullerton,

Technology for Life Coordinator, Scotland

RNIB (Royal National Institute of Blind People)

t: 0303 123 9999 (all enquiries)

e: tfl.mailbox@...

e: www.rnib.org.uk

Join us on Facebook:

www.facebook.com/rnibuk

Follow us on twitter:

www.twitter.com/rnib

 

 

 


--

Sight loss isn’t black and white - we all see things differently. Explore this spectrum of sight with #HowISee: watch our film at rnib.org.uk/HowISee 

--

DISCLAIMER:

NOTICE: The information contained in this email and any attachments is confidential and may be privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient you should not use, disclose, distribute or copy any of the content of it or of any attachment; you are requested to notify the sender immediately of your receipt of the email and then to delete it and any attachments from your system.

RNIB endeavours to ensure that emails and any attachments generated by its staff are free from viruses or other contaminants.  However, it cannot accept any responsibility for any  such which are transmitted.

We therefore recommend you scan all attachments.

Please note that the statements and views expressed in this email and any attachments are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of RNIB.

RNIB Registered Charity Number: 226227

Website: https://www.rnib.org.uk



--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Official NVDA Training modules and expert certification now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess 
Twitter: @NVAccess 


Can NVDA be used in the Nepali language

Jo Fullerton
 

Hi

 

Does anyone know if NVDA can be used in the Nepali language?   I saw a reference to Nepali in a list of languages supported by NVDA but couldn't find any detail.  There are some specific language NVDA user groups but Nepali is not one of them. 

 

Jo

 

Jo Fullerton,

Technology for Life Coordinator, Scotland

RNIB (Royal National Institute of Blind People)

t: 0303 123 9999 (all enquiries)

e: tfl.mailbox@...

e: www.rnib.org.uk

Join us on Facebook:

www.facebook.com/rnibuk

Follow us on twitter:

www.twitter.com/rnib

 

 

 


--

Sight loss isn’t black and white - we all see things differently. Explore this spectrum of sight with #HowISee: watch our film at rnib.org.uk/HowISee 

--

DISCLAIMER:

NOTICE: The information contained in this email and any attachments is confidential and may be privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient you should not use, disclose, distribute or copy any of the content of it or of any attachment; you are requested to notify the sender immediately of your receipt of the email and then to delete it and any attachments from your system.

RNIB endeavours to ensure that emails and any attachments generated by its staff are free from viruses or other contaminants.  However, it cannot accept any responsibility for any  such which are transmitted.

We therefore recommend you scan all attachments.

Please note that the statements and views expressed in this email and any attachments are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of RNIB.

RNIB Registered Charity Number: 226227

Website: https://www.rnib.org.uk


Re: donating problem via visa

anthony borg
 

Hi quentin

According to what I was told that it was refusing my visa card.

I have used it to buy things on the internet, and I had no problems.

To tell you the truth, I always ask a sighted person to do it for me.

I don’t trust such a serious thing like this.

Regards

Anthony  

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: 10 October 2018 00:45
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] donating problem via visa

 

Is it giving you an error Anthony?  Or what is happening when you try to donate?

 

Regards

 

Quentin.

 

On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 6:11 AM anthony borg <anthonyborg001@...> wrote:

Hi quentin

I really can’t understand why I have tried many times to use the visa card to donate but it isn’t accepting it.

I don’t use the paypal.

With thanks in advance

Anthony

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: 09 October 2018 11:04
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: donating problem via visa

 

Not for the most part, in fact I would argue to an extent they have crippled Office's useability by refusing to abandon some really old keystrokes - for instance just on the ribbons, half the reason they are so hard to remember is that they aren't logical.  The Insert ribbon isn't alt+i, because they kept that for people wanting to use old Office 2003 shortcuts, so it's alt+n.  Similarly the View ribbon can't be alt+v in case an Office 2003 user only knows the old way of doing things, so the View ribbon is alt+w..  The Help ribbon is relegated to Alt+Y1.  Nothing is alt+d, yet the developer ribbon is alt+L, meaning the layout ribbon gets alt+p. 

 

To be honest, the whole thing is a nightmare.  So in short, I expect the reason control+shift+page+down doesn't work is not that they've just changed it, just that they've broken it and haven't fixed it...

 

 

On Tue, Oct 9, 2018 at 6:20 PM Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

Funnily enough I've heard this. Does this mean in the newer versions of word
they have changed the keys we used to use?
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Quentin Christensen" <quentin@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, October 08, 2018 11:13 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] How can I use NVDA delete a page in word?


Hi Logo,

I was about to say that CONTROL+PAGE UP and CONTROL+PAGE DOWN move to the
start of the previous or next page in Word, therefore to select a whole
page, move to the top of a page and press CONTROL+SHIFT+PAGE DOWN.  Then I
tried it and realised that (on Office 365 at least) moving between pages
works, but not selecting them.

So, I have a quick way for you which does use NVDA commands:

1) Move to the start of the page to be deleted.
2) Press NVDA+F9.  This is the review cursor command to "start marking"
text.
3) Press CONTROL+PAGE DOWN to move to the start of the next page.
4) Press the LEFT ARROW to go back one character.
5) Press NVDA+F10 once.  This selects the whole page.
6) Press DELETE.

The reason you have to use the left arrow to go back one character is that
the review cursor copy function takes the character to the right of the
cursor as well, so without that step you would delete the whole page and
the first character from the next page.

Meanwhile, I'm going to go see why CONTROL+SHIFT+PAGE DOWN doesn't work.

Regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Oct 9, 2018 at 2:29 AM 特種兵 <afreettears@...> wrote:

> hi groups:
>
>    How can I use NVDA fast delete a page in word?
>    I use shift plus down arrow selected line by line, it's slow and
> sometimes move over a page.
>    If I really delete the page exam the third page, how can I use NVDA
> fast delete a page?
>
> --
>
> thank you for much
> Logo Kuo from Taiwan
>
>
>
>
>

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Official NVDA Training modules and expert certification now available:
http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

www.nvaccess.org
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess






 

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

 

Official NVDA Training modules and expert certification now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

 

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess 
Twitter: @NVAccess 


 

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

 

Official NVDA Training modules and expert certification now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

 

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess 
Twitter: @NVAccess 


Re: Recuva

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

Yes I downloaded the portable version to help me get some files back about a month ago. Its OK, and gives you a feedback as to whether you can or cannot do it.
Obviously once deleted any writing to the disc stands a good chance of overwriting the data. I downloaded it on an old xp machine and put it on a ram stick to run it from there to cut down on the writing on the machine with the lost files.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Don H" <lmddh50@adams.net>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2018 1:22 AM
Subject: [nvda] Recuva


Has anyone tried using the Recuva recovery software package made by the same company that makes ccleaner?