Date   

Re: off topic, who can help me for buying mobile phone withandroid operating system?

Rosemarie Chavarria
 

Sorry but you can't remove anything from android phones. It's time to accept that fact.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of zahra
Sent: Sunday, November 4, 2018 8:21 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] off topic, who can help me for buying mobile phone withandroid operating system?

but i never update my firefox and nvda and other programs forever and never update them.
it means that i have freedom of choice and can select and use anything that i wish.
but in android, i wish to completely disable any update and any message and notification and check for update, if its not possible, i dont wish to use internet with android to keep my apps factory default and unchanged.

On 11/4/18, Peter Beasley <pjbeasley23@gmail.com> wrote:
I wish you would top post.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Brian Vogel
Sent: 04 November 2018 15:58
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] off topic, who can help me for buying mobile phone
withandroid operating system?

On Sun, Nov 4, 2018 at 06:15 AM, zahra wrote:
play store download apps automaticly (i think) This is incorrect. If
you want automatic updates, and for security reasons alone you should,
you can set apps up to auto-update. You can, however, not set them up
this way, and you will be asked and can accept/reject.

The fact of the matter is, regardless of platform, you, for any you,
do not have the choice to use your favored version of anything
"forever." It's foolhardy to try, too.

--
Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 The
terrible state of public education has paid huge dividends in
ignorance. Huge. We now have a country that can be told blatant lies
— easily checkable, blatant lies — and I’m not talking about the
covert workings of the CIA. When we have a terrorist attack, on
September 11, 2001 with 19 men — 15 of them are Saudis — and five
minutes later the whole country thinks they’re from Iraq — how can you have faith in the public?
This is an easily checkable fact. The whole country is like the O.J.
Simpson jurors.
~ Fran Lebowitz in Ruminator Magazine interview with Susannah
McNeely (Aug/Sept 2005)








--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali


Re: off topic, who can help me for buying mobile phone withandroid operating system?

 

but i never update my firefox and nvda and other programs forever and
never update them.
it means that i have freedom of choice and can select and use anything
that i wish.
but in android, i wish to completely disable any update and any
message and notification and check for update, if its not possible, i
dont wish to use internet with android to keep my apps factory default
and unchanged.

On 11/4/18, Peter Beasley <pjbeasley23@gmail.com> wrote:
I wish you would top post.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Brian Vogel
Sent: 04 November 2018 15:58
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] off topic, who can help me for buying mobile phone
withandroid operating system?

On Sun, Nov 4, 2018 at 06:15 AM, zahra wrote:
play store download apps automaticly (i think)
This is incorrect.  If you want automatic updates, and for security reasons
alone you should, you can set apps up to auto-update.  You can, however, not
set them up this way, and you will be asked and can accept/reject.

The fact of the matter is, regardless of platform, you, for any you, do not
have the choice to use your favored version of anything "forever."  It's
foolhardy to try, too.

--
Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763
The terrible state of public education has paid huge dividends in
ignorance.  Huge.  We now have a country that can be told blatant lies —
easily checkable, blatant lies — and I’m not talking about the covert
workings of the CIA. When we have a terrorist attack, on September 11, 2001
with 19 men — 15 of them are Saudis — and five minutes later the whole
country thinks they’re from Iraq — how can you have faith in the public?
This is an easily checkable fact. The whole country is like the O.J. Simpson
jurors.
      ~ Fran Lebowitz in Ruminator Magazine interview with Susannah McNeely
(Aug/Sept 2005)







--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali


Re: whois

 

No, it is not, unfortunately. You might find same results on parts of www.whois.com


I don't know yet, since I haven't tried on the main site.





On 11/4/2018 3:43 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
I do not know the site, but have you  tried different browsers on it?
I'm also assuming you have tried nvda/keypad enter.

It may well be that these are in some way mouse over type  devices.
Is this a page anyone can access?
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Governor staten" <govsta@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, November 04, 2018 12:31 AM
Subject: [nvda] whois


Hello list. I have a question about whois.com. We are taking over some domains on that service. It appears to not be completely accessible. Links that look like links don't react to pressing enter, nvda + enter, or anything else. Only thing I haven't tried is using the objpad add-on. When we tried to left click, it would open volume mixer. That last is probably something not done right on our end.


Any experience any of you all have with this service is much appreciated. To be more specific, I'm speaking of the admin page. If you try to activate settings or help, nothing happens. The billing summary link works.Also, some buttons don't work on this same page, such as the renew button.









Re: off topic, who can help me for buying mobile phone withandroid operating system?

Peter Beasley
 

I wish you would top post.

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Brian Vogel
Sent: 04 November 2018 15:58
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] off topic, who can help me for buying mobile phone withandroid operating system?

 

On Sun, Nov 4, 2018 at 06:15 AM, zahra wrote:

play store download apps automaticly (i think)

This is incorrect.  If you want automatic updates, and for security reasons alone you should, you can set apps up to auto-update.  You can, however, not set them up this way, and you will be asked and can accept/reject.

The fact of the matter is, regardless of platform, you, for any you, do not have the choice to use your favored version of anything "forever."  It's foolhardy to try, too.
 
--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763  

The terrible state of public education has paid huge dividends in ignorance.  Huge.  We now have a country that can be told blatant lies — easily checkable, blatant lies — and I’m not talking about the covert workings of the CIA. When we have a terrorist attack, on September 11, 2001 with 19 men — 15 of them are Saudis — and five minutes later the whole country thinks they’re from Iraq — how can you have faith in the public? This is an easily checkable fact. The whole country is like the O.J. Simpson jurors.

      ~ Fran Lebowitz in Ruminator Magazine interview with Susannah McNeely (Aug/Sept 2005)

 

 

 


Re: off topic, who can help me for buying mobile phone with android operating system?

 

On Sun, Nov 4, 2018 at 06:15 AM, zahra wrote:
play store download apps automaticly (i think)
This is incorrect.  If you want automatic updates, and for security reasons alone you should, you can set apps up to auto-update.  You can, however, not set them up this way, and you will be asked and can accept/reject.

The fact of the matter is, regardless of platform, you, for any you, do not have the choice to use your favored version of anything "forever."  It's foolhardy to try, too.
 
--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763  

The terrible state of public education has paid huge dividends in ignorance.  Huge.  We now have a country that can be told blatant lies — easily checkable, blatant lies — and I’m not talking about the covert workings of the CIA. When we have a terrorist attack, on September 11, 2001 with 19 men — 15 of them are Saudis — and five minutes later the whole country thinks they’re from Iraq — how can you have faith in the public? This is an easily checkable fact. The whole country is like the O.J. Simpson jurors.

      ~ Fran Lebowitz in Ruminator Magazine interview with Susannah McNeely (Aug/Sept 2005)

 

 


Re: off topic, who can help me for buying mobile phone with android operating system?

 

hi clare and sampath thanks for your help.
for example: if i dont open play store does it try to update other
apps by default or not?
i wish complete control over my system like my windows xp and seven
which i tested for some months.

On 11/4/18, zahra a <nasrinkhaksar3@gmail.com> wrote:
hi gene and brian.
thanks so much for your support.
sorry for my late reply, because i was busy about my new phone in these
days.
i appreciate your supporting me.
i trust you and your group, and you know me, i am comfortable with you.
it was not easy for me to subscribe to other groups and discuss my
android questions.
i prefered trustworthy and familiar group like yours to contact and
ask my questions.
and write the subject that interested people can read and help me.
gene, security of my unwanted apps is my second concern.
more important is the subject that play store download apps
automaticly (i think) and i dont have my freedom of choice to use my
favorite version forever.
like my favorite version of nvda and firefox which i mentioned they
are the best one and i never update them.

On 10/31/18, sampath raj rao <sampath.4187@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi I am using android 7 and I have tried uninstalling such inbuilt
apps which is not possible...

Ofcourse there are other phones like MOTO and Lenovo which I felt
accessible as I have used them...



On 10/31/18, Clare Page <clare.page@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
Hi!

I don’t use Adroid, so I don’t know anything about what to do with
unwanted
apps on that system, but I can give one bit of hopefully useful advice.
If
you don’t like apps on any smartphone, and they can’t be removed, just
don’t
open them. Built-in apps aren’t usually a security risk, but each to
their
own choice about what apps they want to use or avoid, of course!

Bye for now!

From Clare



From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: mardi 30 octobre 2018 20:45
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] off topic, who can help me for buying mobile phone
with
android operating system?



I really doubt these apps do anything unless you somehow activate them
or
give them information or perhaps do something else. I don't have a
smart
phone and I don't know much about apps, but I receive a technology
newsletter and I have for years. I haven't once seen this subject, that
is,
just having the apps on a phone, discussed or even mentioned as a
possible
security concern. I am therefore skeptical that they are a concern. Of
course, I'll consider other comments and I'm not assuming I am right but
at
this point, I am very skeptical that these are problems.



Gene

----- Original Message -----

From: Rosemarie Chavarria <mailto:knitqueen2007@gmail.com>

Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 11:52 AM

To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Subject: Re: [nvda] off topic, who can help me for buying mobile phone
with
android operating system?



Maybe it's better that you don't even get an android phone. You've
already
been told that you can't remove those programs. They're part of the
package.



-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
zahra
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 9:50 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] off topic, who can help me for buying mobile phone
with
android operating system?

using and installing apps is easy without play store.
simply i download installer file of my desired programs and install them
without forcing to have always the last versions of programs and i can
control and use my desired versions of softwares without updating them
specially automatic update!
i heard rooting phones is dangerous, but i really wish to remove this
apps
and use anything that i wish.
and while, i dont trust youtube, play store and facebook etc, i love
opensource operating system, i love espeak iven3 and wish to have it!

On 10/30/18, Antony Stone <antony.stone@nvda.open.source.it> wrote:
I don't see how you can expect to even *use* an Android phone if you
remove

the Play Store.

And, sorry, but given that the Play Store is Google's marketplace, and
that

Google owns Youtube, if you don't trust either of those, why do you
want to

get an Android phone at all?


Antony.

On Tuesday 30 October 2018 at 17:38:55, zahra wrote:

specially i wish to remove facebook and youtube and play store that i
really hate and dont trust, is it possible?

On 10/30/18, Brian Vogel <britechguy@gmail.com> wrote:
For the most part, Android is Android and the hardware is secondary.

You will not be able to remove most preinstalled programs, as many
are considered to be system programs. You can, of course, remove
them from your main screen(s) that you interact with, but not from
the device itself. Even going to great lengths, such as rooting
the device, to remove them gains you nothing, as system space is
not switched over to user space anyway.

--

Brian
--
Angela Merkel arrives at Paris airport.
"Nationality?" asks the immigration officer.
"German," she replies.
"Occupation?"
"No, just here for a summit conference."

Please reply to the
list;
please
*don't* CC me.




--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali















--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali
--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali


Re: off topic, who can help me for buying mobile phone with android operating system?

 

hi gene and brian.
thanks so much for your support.
sorry for my late reply, because i was busy about my new phone in these days.
i appreciate your supporting me.
i trust you and your group, and you know me, i am comfortable with you.
it was not easy for me to subscribe to other groups and discuss my
android questions.
i prefered trustworthy and familiar group like yours to contact and
ask my questions.
and write the subject that interested people can read and help me.
gene, security of my unwanted apps is my second concern.
more important is the subject that play store download apps
automaticly (i think) and i dont have my freedom of choice to use my
favorite version forever.
like my favorite version of nvda and firefox which i mentioned they
are the best one and i never update them.

On 10/31/18, sampath raj rao <sampath.4187@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi I am using android 7 and I have tried uninstalling such inbuilt
apps which is not possible...

Ofcourse there are other phones like MOTO and Lenovo which I felt
accessible as I have used them...



On 10/31/18, Clare Page <clare.page@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
Hi!

I don’t use Adroid, so I don’t know anything about what to do with
unwanted
apps on that system, but I can give one bit of hopefully useful advice.
If
you don’t like apps on any smartphone, and they can’t be removed, just
don’t
open them. Built-in apps aren’t usually a security risk, but each to
their
own choice about what apps they want to use or avoid, of course!

Bye for now!

From Clare



From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: mardi 30 octobre 2018 20:45
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] off topic, who can help me for buying mobile phone
with
android operating system?



I really doubt these apps do anything unless you somehow activate them or
give them information or perhaps do something else. I don't have a smart
phone and I don't know much about apps, but I receive a technology
newsletter and I have for years. I haven't once seen this subject, that
is,
just having the apps on a phone, discussed or even mentioned as a
possible
security concern. I am therefore skeptical that they are a concern. Of
course, I'll consider other comments and I'm not assuming I am right but
at
this point, I am very skeptical that these are problems.



Gene

----- Original Message -----

From: Rosemarie Chavarria <mailto:knitqueen2007@gmail.com>

Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 11:52 AM

To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Subject: Re: [nvda] off topic, who can help me for buying mobile phone
with
android operating system?



Maybe it's better that you don't even get an android phone. You've
already
been told that you can't remove those programs. They're part of the
package.



-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of zahra
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 9:50 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] off topic, who can help me for buying mobile phone
with
android operating system?

using and installing apps is easy without play store.
simply i download installer file of my desired programs and install them
without forcing to have always the last versions of programs and i can
control and use my desired versions of softwares without updating them
specially automatic update!
i heard rooting phones is dangerous, but i really wish to remove this
apps
and use anything that i wish.
and while, i dont trust youtube, play store and facebook etc, i love
opensource operating system, i love espeak iven3 and wish to have it!

On 10/30/18, Antony Stone <antony.stone@nvda.open.source.it> wrote:
I don't see how you can expect to even *use* an Android phone if you
remove

the Play Store.

And, sorry, but given that the Play Store is Google's marketplace, and
that

Google owns Youtube, if you don't trust either of those, why do you
want to

get an Android phone at all?


Antony.

On Tuesday 30 October 2018 at 17:38:55, zahra wrote:

specially i wish to remove facebook and youtube and play store that i
really hate and dont trust, is it possible?

On 10/30/18, Brian Vogel <britechguy@gmail.com> wrote:
For the most part, Android is Android and the hardware is secondary.

You will not be able to remove most preinstalled programs, as many
are considered to be system programs. You can, of course, remove
them from your main screen(s) that you interact with, but not from
the device itself. Even going to great lengths, such as rooting
the device, to remove them gains you nothing, as system space is
not switched over to user space anyway.

--

Brian
--
Angela Merkel arrives at Paris airport.
"Nationality?" asks the immigration officer.
"German," she replies.
"Occupation?"
"No, just here for a summit conference."

Please reply to the
list;
please
*don't* CC me.




--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali














--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali


Re: whois

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

I do not know the site, but have you tried different browsers on it?
I'm also assuming you have tried nvda/keypad enter.

It may well be that these are in some way mouse over type devices.
Is this a page anyone can access?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Governor staten" <govsta@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, November 04, 2018 12:31 AM
Subject: [nvda] whois


Hello list. I have a question about whois.com. We are taking over some domains on that service. It appears to not be completely accessible. Links that look like links don't react to pressing enter, nvda + enter, or anything else. Only thing I haven't tried is using the objpad add-on. When we tried to left click, it would open volume mixer. That last is probably something not done right on our end.


Any experience any of you all have with this service is much appreciated. To be more specific, I'm speaking of the admin page. If you try to activate settings or help, nothing happens. The billing summary link works.Also, some buttons don't work on this same page, such as the renew button.



Re: underline auto report with nvda

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

You mean announce when underline is present on a font?
At the moment it looks like you have to enable the speaking of styles and font details globally or at least in a give application in order to hear this. If you look through the preference settings, you will see the options and I've played with them and it seems to be all or nothing.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "aikeo koomanivong" <moykoomanivong@gmail.com>
To: "nvda" <nvda@groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, November 04, 2018 12:05 AM
Subject: [nvda] underline auto report with nvda


Dear all
I’m not sure how to do but just want to asking youmaybe you have some idea
How to set NVDA read underline style in the Microsoft word.
Thanks
KEO


Re: profile triggers

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

No, I even see this on different sound cards on the same machine, even if they have their own control panels. Something in Windows seems to be global and beyond the control of other applications. I suppose theoretically if some software monitored the sound hardware selected in real time it could look up the volume and change it in the global settings, but I'd have no idea where to start, especially given the different sound resources in windows 7 to10.. Obviously Windows 10 has a way to duck system and audio from a web site etc, when a screenreader is speaking, but that is a relatively new feature.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Giles Turnbull" <giles.turnbull@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, November 03, 2018 11:33 PM
Subject: [nvda] profile triggers


Hi all,

I was looking at the NVDA user guide section on activating different profiles with triggers such as for a specific application. I suspect the anser to this will be no, but is there any way to make a trigger respond to whether the audio is being played through the laptop internal speakers, headphones or over bluetooth?

When I use my bluetooth speakers NVDA's volume is very loud compared to audio being played by WinAmp. I tried makeing a profile with a lower volume level that is triggered when WinAmp is active, but the moment focus moves out of Winamp NVDA's volume jumps back to the normal profile. I tried adjusting the volume level of my normal profile down to 50 percent (it's at 100 by default) but then once I turn off the bluetooth speakers NVDA is hard to hear and I'd have to raise the level in the Windows volume or go into NVDA profile and bring the volume back up to 100 percent there.

Using the volume mixer also suffers from the same combination of volume difference ... If I lower NVDA's volume there then once I switch from bluetooth to laptop speakers NVDA's volume is too low!

So, to cut a long question short, is there anyway to get NVDA's volume to adjust automatically dependent on whether laptop speakrs, headphones or bluetooth speakers are active?

Thanks,

Giles


Re: modified nv speech player

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

Yes but what I said is still going to stand. It really does need to be checked and if OK put on the add ons official site as very soon now a lot of add ons will fail in new versions of nvda, and something as crucial as a synth, needs to be reliable. We will see a lot of posts here if its not compatible with the new versions of NVDA, and hence, it will help everyone if this is dealt with now. Do you know the writer, and why they are not putting their modified version on the local user add on list?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Josh Kennedy" <joshknnd1982@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, November 03, 2018 12:57 PM
Subject: [nvda] modified nv speech player


Hi,

When you are on the website for the modified speech player voices, be sure to get the addon which specifically says its by Jason bratcher, in order to get many more speech player voices. Use the addon by Jason bratcher.


Sent from Mail for Windows 10


whois

 

Hello list. I have a question about whois.com. We are taking over some domains on that service. It appears to not be completely accessible. Links that look like links don't react to pressing enter, nvda + enter, or anything else. Only thing I haven't tried is using the objpad add-on. When we tried to left click, it would open volume mixer. That last is probably something not done right on our end.


Any experience any of you all have with this service is much appreciated. To be more specific, I'm speaking of the admin page. If you try to activate settings or help, nothing happens. The billing summary link works.Also, some buttons don't work on this same page, such as the renew button.


underline auto report with nvda

aikeo koomanivong
 

Dear all
I’m not sure how to do but just want to asking youmaybe you have some idea
How to set NVDA read underline style in the Microsoft word.
Thanks
KEO


profile triggers

Giles Turnbull
 

Hi all,

I was looking at the NVDA user guide section on activating different profiles with triggers such as for a specific application. I suspect the anser to this will be no, but is there any way to make a trigger respond to whether the audio is being played through the laptop internal speakers, headphones or over bluetooth?

When I use my bluetooth speakers NVDA's volume is very loud compared to audio being played by WinAmp. I tried makeing a profile with a lower volume level that is triggered when WinAmp is active, but the moment focus moves out of Winamp NVDA's volume jumps back to the normal profile. I tried adjusting the volume level of my normal profile down to 50 percent (it's at 100 by default) but then once I turn off the bluetooth speakers NVDA is hard to hear and I'd have to raise the level in the Windows volume or go into NVDA profile and bring the volume back up to 100 percent there.

Using the volume mixer also suffers from the same combination of volume difference ... If I lower NVDA's volume there then once I switch from bluetooth to laptop speakers NVDA's volume is too low!

So, to cut a long question short, is there anyway to get NVDA's volume to adjust automatically dependent on whether laptop speakrs, headphones or bluetooth speakers are active?

Thanks,

Giles


Re: first read all - then react - nvda list has become a chatter group

Abbie Taylor <abbietaylor945@...>
 

This is why I subscribe to this list in daily summary mode. I only get one email message from the group per day, and I can more easily skip the topics that don't interest me. It's pretty easy to change your preferences in groups.io. If you need to know how, let me know privately. With the high volume of traffic, I think this subscription mode makes it less stressful.
--
Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author
http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com
http://abbiescorner.wordpress.com
abbietaylor945@...


Re: Not able to open pdf file

farhan israk
 

On Sun, 4 Nov 2018, 12:52 am Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@... wrote:

I yu attached the log the list is set to block attachment.s Paste the text in the body of the message or email the dev off list.

Take care.

On 3 Nov 2018, at 11:37, farhan israk wrote:

Here is log


On Sat, 3 Nov 2018, 5:03 pm farhan israk <fahim.net.2014@... wrote:

No, it can't open small pdf file. I use stable standard nvda. I will send log as soon as possible.


On Sat, 3 Nov 2018, 5:01 am Mallard <mallard@... wrote:
Oh, don't tell me! It's driving me crazy! But it's the only way to
download ebooks from our public libraries here. I wish they made a
better job of tehse epub's, forgetting about Adobe DRM, but I'm a fraid
we'll have to live with it for many years to come.

Ciao,

Ollie





Il 02/11/2018 21:36, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io ha scritto:
> Oh that piece of software has never behaved for me at any time it
> tends to lock, fall out of itself or just be very slow.
> Brian
>
> bglists@...
> Sent via blueyonder.
> Please address personal E-mail to:-
> briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
> in the display name field.
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Mallard" <mallard@...>
> To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
> Sent: Friday, November 02, 2018 6:44 PM
> Subject: Re: [nvda] Not able to open pdf file
>
>
> No, not my problem. I use Qread, edge or even Chrome for pdf files. My
> problem is with Adobe Digital Editions, which doesn't seem to be able to
> open acsm files to download teh actual ebooks with NVDA lately.
>
>
> Ciao,
>
> Ollie
>
>
>
>
>
> Il 02/11/2018 18:27, Kerryn Gunness via Groups.Io ha scritto:
>> you all can use acrobat reader DC
>>
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Mallard" <mallard@...>
>> To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
>> Sent: Friday, November 02, 2018 1:14 PM
>> Subject: Re: [nvda] Not able to open pdf file
>>
>>
>> Adobe seems to have all sorts of issues these days. I have the same
>> problems with Adobe Digital Editions...
>>
>> Ciao,
>>
>> Ollie
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Il 02/11/2018 16:13, farhan israk ha scritto:
>>>
>>> Adobe reader shows not responding.
>>>
>>>
>>> On Fri, 2 Nov 2018, 7:51 pm Sylvie Duchateau
>>> <sduchateau@... <mailto:sduchateau@...> wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>> Can you explain what happens when you open the PDF file with NVDA?
>>> You press enter on the file and nothing happens?
>>> If you open it with Jaws, then you try to read it with NVDA, is
>>> there a difference?
>>> Best
>>> Sylvie
>>> Le 02/11/2018 à 14:47, farhan israk a écrit :
>>>>
>>>> I use Windows 10 1803, jaws 18, nvda 2018.3.2 and latest adobe
>>>> reader. When I use nvda then I can't open pdf file. But, when I
>>>> use jaws then I can open pdf file. How to fix it?
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>





Re: Not able to open pdf file

Sarah k Alawami
 

I yu attached the log the list is set to block attachment.s Paste the text in the body of the message or email the dev off list.

Take care.

On 3 Nov 2018, at 11:37, farhan israk wrote:

Here is log


On Sat, 3 Nov 2018, 5:03 pm farhan israk <fahim.net.2014@... wrote:

No, it can't open small pdf file. I use stable standard nvda. I will send log as soon as possible.


On Sat, 3 Nov 2018, 5:01 am Mallard <mallard@... wrote:
Oh, don't tell me! It's driving me crazy! But it's the only way to
download ebooks from our public libraries here. I wish they made a
better job of tehse epub's, forgetting about Adobe DRM, but I'm a fraid
we'll have to live with it for many years to come.

Ciao,

Ollie





Il 02/11/2018 21:36, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io ha scritto:
> Oh that piece of software has never behaved for me at any time it
> tends to lock, fall out of itself or just be very slow.
> Brian
>
> bglists@...
> Sent via blueyonder.
> Please address personal E-mail to:-
> briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
> in the display name field.
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Mallard" <mallard@...>
> To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
> Sent: Friday, November 02, 2018 6:44 PM
> Subject: Re: [nvda] Not able to open pdf file
>
>
> No, not my problem. I use Qread, edge or even Chrome for pdf files. My
> problem is with Adobe Digital Editions, which doesn't seem to be able to
> open acsm files to download teh actual ebooks with NVDA lately.
>
>
> Ciao,
>
> Ollie
>
>
>
>
>
> Il 02/11/2018 18:27, Kerryn Gunness via Groups.Io ha scritto:
>> you all can use acrobat reader DC
>>
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Mallard" <mallard@...>
>> To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
>> Sent: Friday, November 02, 2018 1:14 PM
>> Subject: Re: [nvda] Not able to open pdf file
>>
>>
>> Adobe seems to have all sorts of issues these days. I have the same
>> problems with Adobe Digital Editions...
>>
>> Ciao,
>>
>> Ollie
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Il 02/11/2018 16:13, farhan israk ha scritto:
>>>
>>> Adobe reader shows not responding.
>>>
>>>
>>> On Fri, 2 Nov 2018, 7:51 pm Sylvie Duchateau
>>> <sduchateau@... <mailto:sduchateau@...> wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>> Can you explain what happens when you open the PDF file with NVDA?
>>> You press enter on the file and nothing happens?
>>> If you open it with Jaws, then you try to read it with NVDA, is
>>> there a difference?
>>> Best
>>> Sylvie
>>> Le 02/11/2018 à 14:47, farhan israk a écrit :
>>>>
>>>> I use Windows 10 1803, jaws 18, nvda 2018.3.2 and latest adobe
>>>> reader. When I use nvda then I can't open pdf file. But, when I
>>>> use jaws then I can open pdf file. How to fix it?
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>





Re: Not able to open pdf file

farhan israk
 

Here is log


On Sat, 3 Nov 2018, 5:03 pm farhan israk <fahim.net.2014@... wrote:

No, it can't open small pdf file. I use stable standard nvda. I will send log as soon as possible.


On Sat, 3 Nov 2018, 5:01 am Mallard <mallard@... wrote:
Oh, don't tell me! It's driving me crazy! But it's the only way to
download ebooks from our public libraries here. I wish they made a
better job of tehse epub's, forgetting about Adobe DRM, but I'm a fraid
we'll have to live with it for many years to come.

Ciao,

Ollie





Il 02/11/2018 21:36, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io ha scritto:
> Oh that piece of software has never behaved for me at any time it
> tends to lock, fall out of itself or just be very slow.
> Brian
>
> bglists@...
> Sent via blueyonder.
> Please address personal E-mail to:-
> briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
> in the display name field.
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Mallard" <mallard@...>
> To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
> Sent: Friday, November 02, 2018 6:44 PM
> Subject: Re: [nvda] Not able to open pdf file
>
>
> No, not my problem. I use Qread, edge or even Chrome for pdf files. My
> problem is with Adobe Digital Editions, which doesn't seem to be able to
> open acsm files to download teh actual ebooks with NVDA lately.
>
>
> Ciao,
>
> Ollie
>
>
>
>
>
> Il 02/11/2018 18:27, Kerryn Gunness via Groups.Io ha scritto:
>> you all can use acrobat reader DC
>>
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Mallard" <mallard@...>
>> To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
>> Sent: Friday, November 02, 2018 1:14 PM
>> Subject: Re: [nvda] Not able to open pdf file
>>
>>
>> Adobe seems to have all sorts of issues these days. I have the same
>> problems with Adobe Digital Editions...
>>
>> Ciao,
>>
>> Ollie
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Il 02/11/2018 16:13, farhan israk ha scritto:
>>>
>>> Adobe reader shows not responding.
>>>
>>>
>>> On Fri, 2 Nov 2018, 7:51 pm Sylvie Duchateau
>>> <sduchateau@... <mailto:sduchateau@...> wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>> Can you explain what happens when you open the PDF file with NVDA?
>>> You press enter on the file and nothing happens?
>>> If you open it with Jaws, then you try to read it with NVDA, is
>>> there a difference?
>>> Best
>>> Sylvie
>>> Le 02/11/2018 à 14:47, farhan israk a écrit :
>>>>
>>>> I use Windows 10 1803, jaws 18, nvda 2018.3.2 and latest adobe
>>>> reader. When I use nvda then I can't open pdf file. But, when I
>>>> use jaws then I can open pdf file. How to fix it?
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>





Re: link for synthe discussed yesterday

Brian Moore
 

thanks.


Contact me on skype: brian.moore
follow me on twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/bmoore123
On 2018-11-03 11:45 a.m., Gene wrote:

I forgot to send the link to the web page where the different versions can be downloaded.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----

Sent: Saturday, November 03, 2018 10:26 AM
Subject: [nvda] link for synthe discussed yesterday

Hi all. Though I kept that message but now can't find it. can someone
send privately?

thanks.

Brian.

--
Contact me on skype: brian.moore
follow me on twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/bmoore123




Re: link for synthe discussed yesterday

Gene
 

I forgot to send the link to the web page where the different versions can be downloaded.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----

Sent: Saturday, November 03, 2018 10:26 AM
Subject: [nvda] link for synthe discussed yesterday

Hi all. Though I kept that message but now can't find it. can someone
send privately?

thanks.

Brian.

--
Contact me on skype: brian.moore
follow me on twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/bmoore123