Date   

Re: Inconsistency in Windows Explorer

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

I had it yesterday on a machine I do not own, which has a physical drive not an ssd.
However I am drawn to that issue where when nvda does not restart after an update, which looks like windows is hanging on to a file when nvda is trying to change it and wondered maybe if some hook into windows is taking time to be removed or changed and maybe a similar issue is slugging windows in Explorer file handling. These weird intermittent bugs are swine's to track down of course as they are not going to be happening when you are actually tracking them!

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ron Canazzi" <aa2vm@roadrunner.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2018 8:31 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Inconsistency in Windows Explorer


Hi Group,


I don't know if this issue is related to unresponsiveness or inconsistency in Windows Explorer/This PC, but here is what happens to me. When I either move, delete or copy a large file or folder, I get the count up from 0 to 20 to 30 to 50% and so on. When the hard drive stops turning and the operation is complete, there is a phantom window that NVDA still sees that says a percentage of either 100 or something close like 94 of 95%. I can't get rid of this unless I either press F5 to refresh the folder or alt + tab away from the folder and then back.


Has anyone else experienced this issue and is it related to the sluggishness and unresponsiveness which began this thread?


On 11/16/2018 12:48 PM, Tyler Wood wrote:
Hi,

I'd also be curious if this is happening in 1809 or 1803 build of windows 10?


I heard from a few folks that it hasn't happened as often (if at all) running NVDA 2018.3 in windows 10 1809.


I currently don't have a machine running that so I can't test this personally. I'm waiting for it to hit windows update rather than using the media creation tool.


On 2018-11-16 10:08 AM, Felix G. wrote:
Hello Joseph,
I tried latest alpha, and while it might be happening less frequently,
it still does happen. As it is a rare observation to begin with, I
cannot say if its frequency really decreased.
Taking the risk of repeating myself, I would like to emphasize again
that fixing this issue would dramatically improve the perceived
stability and maturity of NVDA. Again at the risk of repeating myself,
if there is anything I can do to help track this down, I'd go out of
my way to do so. Twice if needs be.
Best,
Felix
Am Fr., 16. Nov. 2018 um 16:31 Uhr schrieb Joseph Lee
<joseph.lee22590@gmail.com>:
Hi,
I'm curious to know if we can have some people try out latest development snapshot and see if it resolves this?
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tyler Wood
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2018 7:24 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Inconsistency in Windows Explorer

Hi,

I get this quite a lot of the time.


It's frustrating to see it not be fixed. This is a basic task and this does not plague other screen readers. I've been going on about this issue for quite some time as my work heavily relies on windows explorer and I can't switch to NVDA full time because of this. It seems to crop up the most after deleting, copying, or moving files, folders, or even single files but it can randomly happen at other times as well.



On 2018-11-16 2:23 AM, Felix G. wrote:
Hello,
can anyone relate to the following?
I have hit enter on a folder in Windows Explorer, and instead of
announcing the name of the first item in that folder, NVDA remained
silent. I pressed NVDA+F1 to see what the navigator was pointing to,
and got the log snippet below. Any idea what's happening?
Please note that this does not seem to be the issue I previously
reported. The folder I switched to was not empty.
Best,
Felix

*** log begins here ***
Developer info for navigator object:
name: ''
role: ROLE_LISTITEM
states: exception: (-2147220991, 'Ein Ereignis konnte keinen
Abonnenten aufrufen.', (None, None, None, 0, None))
isFocusable: exception: (-2147220991, 'Ein Ereignis konnte keinen
Abonnenten aufrufen.', (None, None, None, 0, None))
hasFocus: False
Python object: <baseObject.Dynamic_UIItemListItemUIA object at
0x04DD4490> Python class mro: (<class
'baseObject.Dynamic_UIItemListItemUIA'>,
<class 'NVDAObjects.UIA.UIItem'>, <class 'NVDAObjects.UIA.ListItem'>,
<class 'NVDAObjects.UIA.UIA'>, <class 'NVDAObjects.window.Window'>,
<class 'NVDAObjects.NVDAObject'>, <class
'documentBase.TextContainerObject'>, <class
'baseObject.ScriptableObject'>, <class
'baseObject.AutoPropertyObject'>, <type 'object'>)
description: ''
location: None
value: ''
appModule: <'explorer' (appName u'explorer', process ID 1904) at
address 4c5e5d0>
appModule.productName: u'Betriebssystem Microsoft\xae Windows\xae'
appModule.productVersion: u'6.1.7600.16385'
TextInfo: <class 'NVDAObjects.NVDAObjectTextInfo'>
windowHandle: 131824
windowClassName: u'DirectUIHWND'
windowControlID: 0
windowStyle: 0
windowThreadID: 0
windowText: u''
displayText: exception: 'NoneType' object is not iterable
UIAElement: <POINTER(IUIAutomationElement) ptr=0x39496f0 at 4d953a0>
UIA automationID: Exception: (-2147220991, 'Ein Ereignis konnte keinen
Abonnenten aufrufen.', (None, None, None, 0, None)) UIA frameworkID:
DirectUI UIA runtimeID: (1904, 203647488, 0) UIA providerDescription:
[pid:1904,hwnd:0x0 Main(parent link):Unidentified Provider
(unmanaged:EXPLORERFRAME.dll)] UIA className: Exception: (-2147220991,
'Ein Ereignis konnte keinen Abonnenten aufrufen.', (None, None, None,
0, None)) UIA patterns available:
*** log ends here ***









--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"



Re: Inconsistency in Windows Explorer

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

The thing is that on Windows 7, which I now use almost exclusively, having lost my patience with a windows that updates itself to a new version every six months, I do not see the non focus issue. I do occasionally see the lag behind issue, but then Jaws seems to do that too, possibly less though. The version of nvda seems not to matter too much. I blame uia slowness.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Felix G." <constantlyvariable@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2018 4:08 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Inconsistency in Windows Explorer


Hello Joseph,
I tried latest alpha, and while it might be happening less frequently,
it still does happen. As it is a rare observation to begin with, I
cannot say if its frequency really decreased.
Taking the risk of repeating myself, I would like to emphasize again
that fixing this issue would dramatically improve the perceived
stability and maturity of NVDA. Again at the risk of repeating myself,
if there is anything I can do to help track this down, I'd go out of
my way to do so. Twice if needs be.
Best,
Felix
Am Fr., 16. Nov. 2018 um 16:31 Uhr schrieb Joseph Lee
<joseph.lee22590@gmail.com>:

Hi,
I'm curious to know if we can have some people try out latest development snapshot and see if it resolves this?
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tyler Wood
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2018 7:24 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Inconsistency in Windows Explorer

Hi,

I get this quite a lot of the time.


It's frustrating to see it not be fixed. This is a basic task and this does not plague other screen readers. I've been going on about this issue for quite some time as my work heavily relies on windows explorer and I can't switch to NVDA full time because of this. It seems to crop up the most after deleting, copying, or moving files, folders, or even single files but it can randomly happen at other times as well.



On 2018-11-16 2:23 AM, Felix G. wrote:
Hello,
can anyone relate to the following?
I have hit enter on a folder in Windows Explorer, and instead of
announcing the name of the first item in that folder, NVDA remained
silent. I pressed NVDA+F1 to see what the navigator was pointing to,
and got the log snippet below. Any idea what's happening?
Please note that this does not seem to be the issue I previously
reported. The folder I switched to was not empty.
Best,
Felix

*** log begins here ***
Developer info for navigator object:
name: ''
role: ROLE_LISTITEM
states: exception: (-2147220991, 'Ein Ereignis konnte keinen
Abonnenten aufrufen.', (None, None, None, 0, None))
isFocusable: exception: (-2147220991, 'Ein Ereignis konnte keinen
Abonnenten aufrufen.', (None, None, None, 0, None))
hasFocus: False
Python object: <baseObject.Dynamic_UIItemListItemUIA object at
0x04DD4490> Python class mro: (<class
'baseObject.Dynamic_UIItemListItemUIA'>,
<class 'NVDAObjects.UIA.UIItem'>, <class 'NVDAObjects.UIA.ListItem'>,
<class 'NVDAObjects.UIA.UIA'>, <class 'NVDAObjects.window.Window'>,
<class 'NVDAObjects.NVDAObject'>, <class
'documentBase.TextContainerObject'>, <class
'baseObject.ScriptableObject'>, <class
'baseObject.AutoPropertyObject'>, <type 'object'>)
description: ''
location: None
value: ''
appModule: <'explorer' (appName u'explorer', process ID 1904) at
address 4c5e5d0>
appModule.productName: u'Betriebssystem Microsoft\xae Windows\xae'
appModule.productVersion: u'6.1.7600.16385'
TextInfo: <class 'NVDAObjects.NVDAObjectTextInfo'>
windowHandle: 131824
windowClassName: u'DirectUIHWND'
windowControlID: 0
windowStyle: 0
windowThreadID: 0
windowText: u''
displayText: exception: 'NoneType' object is not iterable
UIAElement: <POINTER(IUIAutomationElement) ptr=0x39496f0 at 4d953a0>
UIA automationID: Exception: (-2147220991, 'Ein Ereignis konnte keinen
Abonnenten aufrufen.', (None, None, None, 0, None)) UIA frameworkID:
DirectUI UIA runtimeID: (1904, 203647488, 0) UIA providerDescription:
[pid:1904,hwnd:0x0 Main(parent link):Unidentified Provider
(unmanaged:EXPLORERFRAME.dll)] UIA className: Exception: (-2147220991,
'Ein Ereignis konnte keinen Abonnenten aufrufen.', (None, None, None,
0, None)) UIA patterns available:
*** log ends here ***









Re: rh-voice

Jacob Kruger
 

Ok, one small, amusing issue is it speaks out the letter O as owww!


That seems to be only when it's speaking out the letter on it's own, while typing, etc., and, only specifically for two of the english voice variants, but anyway.


LOL!


Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
"...resistance is futile...but, acceptance is versatile..."

On 2018-11-17 9:28 AM, Jacob Kruger wrote:

Downloaded all the different modules, etc., and, while am just for now trying out the NVDA add-ons implementation, it is quite impressive in terms of responsiveness, etc., in terms of being natural sounding.


Stay well


Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
"...resistance is futile...but, acceptance is versatile..."
On 2018-11-16 10:29 PM, Josh Kennedy wrote:

Hi,

I found a new voice for NVDA. It’s called rh-voice. Also discovered the sapi5 version has the best sound. It’s fast and responsive like Espeak. The bdl voice is my favorite of all of them. Best part is this, somehow, you can make your own voices for it and even make new languages, although making new voices for an existing language is easiest. So if I can get the required sentences that have to be recorded, I could have the keynote gold demo voice read all those sentences into wave files and perhaps the author could build a voice based on recordings of the keynote gold tts. I’m not sure if he uses Linux to make the voices. And if he does, if the voice building process is even accessible with the orca Linux screen reader. It won’t be a 100% perfect keynote gold voice, but it’ll be very very close to the original sounding keynote gold tts. And it’ll be a sapi5 keynote gold voice and it could even work on android since rh-voice is also a free android tts, works great with talkback. The website is:

 

https://github.com/Olga-Yakovleva/RHVoice/wiki

 

 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 


Re: rh-voice

Jacob Kruger
 

Downloaded all the different modules, etc., and, while am just for now trying out the NVDA add-ons implementation, it is quite impressive in terms of responsiveness, etc., in terms of being natural sounding.


Stay well


Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
"...resistance is futile...but, acceptance is versatile..."

On 2018-11-16 10:29 PM, Josh Kennedy wrote:

Hi,

I found a new voice for NVDA. It’s called rh-voice. Also discovered the sapi5 version has the best sound. It’s fast and responsive like Espeak. The bdl voice is my favorite of all of them. Best part is this, somehow, you can make your own voices for it and even make new languages, although making new voices for an existing language is easiest. So if I can get the required sentences that have to be recorded, I could have the keynote gold demo voice read all those sentences into wave files and perhaps the author could build a voice based on recordings of the keynote gold tts. I’m not sure if he uses Linux to make the voices. And if he does, if the voice building process is even accessible with the orca Linux screen reader. It won’t be a 100% perfect keynote gold voice, but it’ll be very very close to the original sounding keynote gold tts. And it’ll be a sapi5 keynote gold voice and it could even work on android since rh-voice is also a free android tts, works great with talkback. The website is:

 

https://github.com/Olga-Yakovleva/RHVoice/wiki

 

 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 


Re: rh-voice

Robert Mendoza
 

hi,


I installed the nvda addons RH voice but it does not load

an error occurs when opening.

Robert Mendoza

On 11/17/2018 4:29 AM, Josh Kennedy wrote:

Hi,

I found a new voice for NVDA. It’s called rh-voice. Also discovered the sapi5 version has the best sound. It’s fast and responsive like Espeak. The bdl voice is my favorite of all of them. Best part is this, somehow, you can make your own voices for it and even make new languages, although making new voices for an existing language is easiest. So if I can get the required sentences that have to be recorded, I could have the keynote gold demo voice read all those sentences into wave files and perhaps the author could build a voice based on recordings of the keynote gold tts. I’m not sure if he uses Linux to make the voices. And if he does, if the voice building process is even accessible with the orca Linux screen reader. It won’t be a 100% perfect keynote gold voice, but it’ll be very very close to the original sounding keynote gold tts. And it’ll be a sapi5 keynote gold voice and it could even work on android since rh-voice is also a free android tts, works great with talkback. The website is:

 

https://github.com/Olga-Yakovleva/RHVoice/wiki

 

 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 


Re: rh-voice

John Isige
 

There not bad. They're a little more monotone, that is, they're not
robotic but I don't think they do as many tone changes for punctuation,
they do tone changes mostly at the ends of sentences, rather than in the
middle. I don't think they can do pitch changes for capitalization. The
rate can only go so high, probably comparable to the fastest default
one-core rate that you can get from NVDA if you haven't changed the
one-core voice speed to make it go faster. I don't know that I'd use it
as my primary synthesizer, but that having been said, they're pretty
usable. If the addons could be updated they'd make a pretty good
portable voice for older systems I think. They're worth trying anyway,
you can always uninstall it if you don't like it.

On 11/16/2018 17:47, Don H wrote:
How do these voices compare to Microsoft one core?

On 11/16/2018 5:31 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 05:51 PM, John Isige wrote:

    It's possible the addon isn't compatible with the latest NVDA.

Given the age of the project and its major updates this is almost
certain to be true.  Lots of stuff being worked on currently, but
it's doubtful the add-on is one of them.

--

Brian *-*Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763

*/A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the
need for illusion is deep./*

           ~ Saul Bellow, /To Jerusalem and Back/



Re: rh-voice

Don H
 

How do these voices compare to Microsoft one core?

On 11/16/2018 5:31 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 05:51 PM, John Isige wrote:
It's possible the addon isn't compatible with the latest NVDA.
Given the age of the project and its major updates this is almost certain to be true.  Lots of stuff being worked on currently, but it's doubtful the add-on is one of them.
--
Brian *-*Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763
*/A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep./*
          ~ Saul Bellow, /To Jerusalem and Back/


Re: rh-voice

John Isige
 

I assumed so. That's why I just grabbed the SAPI 5 version. But I didn't
want to state definitively, since I didn't do any testing.

On 11/16/2018 17:31, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 05:51 PM, John Isige wrote:

It's possible the addon isn't compatible with the latest NVDA.

Given the age of the project and its major updates this is almost
certain to be true.  Lots of stuff being worked on currently, but it's
doubtful the add-on is one of them.

--

Brian *-*Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763

*/A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the
need for illusion is deep./*

          ~ Saul Bellow, /To Jerusalem and Back/


Re: rh-voice

 

On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 05:51 PM, John Isige wrote:
It's possible the addon isn't compatible with the latest NVDA.
Given the age of the project and its major updates this is almost certain to be true.  Lots of stuff being worked on currently, but it's doubtful the add-on is one of them.
 
--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763  

A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

 

 


Re: rh-voice

John Isige
 

It's possible the addon isn't compatible with the latest NVDA. Download
the SAPI 5 version, a language pack, and at least one voice for the
language. Install them, in that order, and tell NVDA to use SAPI 5 and
pick it as a voice. It works fine that way.

On 11/16/2018 16:44, Michael Munn wrote:
I just downloaded the RH voice and it told me that it could  not load
the Sinthesizer. II'm running the Latest portable copy of the NVDA
Screen reader.
Please help if you can.
Thanks
Michael Munn


Re: rh-voice

Michael Munn
 

I just downloaded the RH voice and it told me that it could  not load the Sinthesizer. II'm running the Latest portable copy of the NVDA Screen reader. 
Please help if you can. 
Thanks 
Michael Munn 


Re: Reading PDFs in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

Rosemarie Chavarria
 

I'm not sure about that but I've read small files with it. Perhaps someone else might be able to tell you more than I can.



On 11/16/2018 12:21 PM, Supanut Leepaisomboon wrote:
Does Webbie works with large PDF files, E.G an ebook in PDF format?


Re: rh-voice

 

From the Github page previously referenced:  RHVoice is a free and open source speech synthesizer.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763  

A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

 

 


Re: rh-voice

Michael Munn
 

Hi is that voice package free of charge? I love the keno gold voice. 
That was the voice pre set on my Braille Note Apex before I got it. 
Thanks I really apreciate it. 
Best Regards 
Michael Munnn 


Re: NVDA not read anything in any browser.

hurrikennyandopo ...
 

Hi


Have you tried a portable copy of nvda as well? if you do make sure you put the files into a folder say called nvda  then see if the problem is still there. it might be safer to do it from a fresh copy of nvda from the website.


it may be that your nvda.ini file may be curupted in the installer version? if it works well in the portable then I can give you steps to completely uninstall the installer version so no files are left.


Gene nz


On 16/11/2018 2:06 AM, Tejas Bendre wrote:
I try this.
but not get sukcess.

On 11/15/18, hurrikennyandopo ... <hurrikennyandopo@...> wrote:
Hi


have a look under the tools section in NVDA and look for a menu called Run
COM Registration Fixing tool... then press the enter key on it. I can not
remember if there were steps after it but it should reset the files and i
think the computer also has to be rebooted as well.


If it fixes the problem you should be able to use the browser as you were
before it happened.


Some times it would also affect the running application on the task bar and
say unknown etc and do some other weird stuff.


There is no documentation for it in the user manual but I think there should
be so people know what it is for.


Gene nz


On 15/11/2018 7:34 AM, Tejas Bendre wrote:

Hello guys,
facing big problem with NVDA.
I am using Dell laptop With Windows 10 1803.
NVDA latest 18.3.2 version.
Whenever I open any browser NVDA not read anything it's just saying
unknown and unknown.
so this is happen with NVDA only.
 I try JAWS but JAWS working fine.

Actually same problem i was face with 1703 version.
but afther update in 1803  laptop verks 2 3 days.
and now same problem i am faceing.
i tryed all browsers.
So can anyone help me.





--
[Image NVDA          certified expert]
Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related material
at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net Regardless of where you are in New
Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can use a copy of the NVDA
screen reader on one of their computers. To find out which locations (or
location) is near to you please visit
http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries (Aotearoa
People's Network Kaharoa). To find an NVDA certified expert near you, please
visit the following link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The
certification page contains the official list of NVDA certified individuals
from around the world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert
exam.






--
Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net Regardless of where you are in New Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can use a copy of the NVDA screen reader on one of their computers. To find out which locations (or location) is near to you please visit http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries (Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa). To find an NVDA certified expert near you, please visit the following link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The certification page contains the official list of NVDA certified individuals from around the world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert exam.


Re: Inconsistency in Windows Explorer

Ron Canazzi
 

Hi Group,


I don't know if this issue is related to unresponsiveness or inconsistency in Windows Explorer/This PC, but here is what happens to me.  When I either move, delete or copy a large file or folder, I get the count up from 0 to 20 to 30 to 50% and so on. When the hard drive stops turning and the operation is complete, there is a phantom window that NVDA still sees that says a percentage of either 100 or something close like 94 of 95%.  I can't get rid of this unless I either press F5 to refresh the folder or alt + tab away from the folder and then back.


Has anyone else experienced this issue and is it related to the sluggishness and unresponsiveness which began this thread?

On 11/16/2018 12:48 PM, Tyler Wood wrote:
Hi,

I'd also be curious if this is happening in 1809 or 1803 build of windows 10?


I heard from a few folks that it hasn't happened as often (if at all) running NVDA 2018.3 in windows 10 1809.


I currently don't have a machine running that so I can't test this personally. I'm waiting for it to hit windows update rather than using the media creation tool.


On 2018-11-16 10:08 AM, Felix G. wrote:
Hello Joseph,
I tried latest alpha, and while it might be happening less frequently,
it still does happen. As it is a rare observation to begin with, I
cannot say if its frequency really decreased.
Taking the risk of repeating myself, I would like to emphasize again
that fixing this issue would dramatically improve the perceived
stability and maturity of NVDA. Again at the risk of repeating myself,
if there is anything I can do to help track this down, I'd go out of
my way to do so. Twice if needs be.
Best,
Felix
Am Fr., 16. Nov. 2018 um 16:31 Uhr schrieb Joseph Lee
<joseph.lee22590@gmail.com>:
Hi,
I'm curious to know if we can have some people try out latest development snapshot and see if it resolves this?
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tyler Wood
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2018 7:24 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Inconsistency in Windows Explorer

Hi,

I get this quite a lot of the time.


It's frustrating to see it not be fixed. This is a basic task and this does not plague other screen readers. I've been going on about this issue for quite some time as my work heavily relies on windows explorer and I can't switch to NVDA full time because of this. It seems to crop up the most after deleting, copying, or moving files, folders, or even single files but it can randomly happen at other times as well.



On 2018-11-16 2:23 AM, Felix G. wrote:
Hello,
can anyone relate to the following?
I have hit enter on a folder in Windows Explorer, and instead of
announcing the name of the first item in that folder, NVDA remained
silent. I pressed NVDA+F1 to see what the navigator was pointing to,
and got the log snippet below. Any idea what's happening?
Please note that this does not seem to be the issue I previously
reported. The folder I switched to was not empty.
Best,
Felix

*** log begins here ***
Developer info for navigator object:
name: ''
role: ROLE_LISTITEM
states: exception: (-2147220991, 'Ein Ereignis konnte keinen
Abonnenten aufrufen.', (None, None, None, 0, None))
isFocusable: exception: (-2147220991, 'Ein Ereignis konnte keinen
Abonnenten aufrufen.', (None, None, None, 0, None))
hasFocus: False
Python object: <baseObject.Dynamic_UIItemListItemUIA object at
0x04DD4490> Python class mro: (<class
'baseObject.Dynamic_UIItemListItemUIA'>,
<class 'NVDAObjects.UIA.UIItem'>, <class 'NVDAObjects.UIA.ListItem'>,
<class 'NVDAObjects.UIA.UIA'>, <class 'NVDAObjects.window.Window'>,
<class 'NVDAObjects.NVDAObject'>, <class
'documentBase.TextContainerObject'>, <class
'baseObject.ScriptableObject'>, <class
'baseObject.AutoPropertyObject'>, <type 'object'>)
description: ''
location: None
value: ''
appModule: <'explorer' (appName u'explorer', process ID 1904) at
address 4c5e5d0>
appModule.productName: u'Betriebssystem Microsoft\xae Windows\xae'
appModule.productVersion: u'6.1.7600.16385'
TextInfo: <class 'NVDAObjects.NVDAObjectTextInfo'>
windowHandle: 131824
windowClassName: u'DirectUIHWND'
windowControlID: 0
windowStyle: 0
windowThreadID: 0
windowText: u''
displayText: exception: 'NoneType' object is not iterable
UIAElement: <POINTER(IUIAutomationElement) ptr=0x39496f0 at 4d953a0>
UIA automationID: Exception: (-2147220991, 'Ein Ereignis konnte keinen
Abonnenten aufrufen.', (None, None, None, 0, None)) UIA frameworkID:
DirectUI UIA runtimeID: (1904, 203647488, 0) UIA providerDescription:
[pid:1904,hwnd:0x0 Main(parent link):Unidentified Provider
(unmanaged:EXPLORERFRAME.dll)] UIA className: Exception: (-2147220991,
'Ein Ereignis konnte keinen Abonnenten aufrufen.', (None, None, None,
0, None)) UIA patterns available:
*** log ends here ***









--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"


rh-voice

Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...>
 

Hi,

I found a new voice for NVDA. It’s called rh-voice. Also discovered the sapi5 version has the best sound. It’s fast and responsive like Espeak. The bdl voice is my favorite of all of them. Best part is this, somehow, you can make your own voices for it and even make new languages, although making new voices for an existing language is easiest. So if I can get the required sentences that have to be recorded, I could have the keynote gold demo voice read all those sentences into wave files and perhaps the author could build a voice based on recordings of the keynote gold tts. I’m not sure if he uses Linux to make the voices. And if he does, if the voice building process is even accessible with the orca Linux screen reader. It won’t be a 100% perfect keynote gold voice, but it’ll be very very close to the original sounding keynote gold tts. And it’ll be a sapi5 keynote gold voice and it could even work on android since rh-voice is also a free android tts, works great with talkback. The website is:

 

https://github.com/Olga-Yakovleva/RHVoice/wiki

 

 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 


Re: Reading PDFs in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

 

Does Webbie works with large PDF files, E.G an ebook in PDF format?


Re: Reading PDFs in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

Rosemarie Chavarria
 

The webbie suite has a PDF reader you can try.



On 11/16/2018 12:04 PM, Supanut Leepaisomboon wrote:
Hi all,
Recently, I noticed that, in a number of PDFs, when trying to have NVDA read them in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, NVDA seems to treat all the texts as if they are all on the same paragraph. Basically, I can't use ctrl+up/down to move between paragraphs; NVDA just treats everything as if it was a single paragraph.
Does anyone know how to fix this issue? Or should I get a new PDF reader?


Curious how NVDA stacks up was Fw: Potential Training Course: Microsoft PowerPoint with JAWS for Windows.

erik burggraaf <erik@...>
 

Hi, I know this character has a lot invested in the old paradigm, but I'm curious.  How well does NVDA handle the issues described below?  Are these real things, or is jaws simply behind the 8ball?

If you have good information, please drop me a note at erik@... so as not to start a screen reader war.  :-)

Thanks and regards,

Erik


On Thursday, November 15, 2018 at 3:06 AM Brian Hartgen via Leaseylist asked:

Several weeks ago, we were asked if a training course could be created to teach people how to use Microsoft PowerPoint with JAWS. People not only wanted to learn how to prepare visually appealing PowerPoint presentations, (including adding graphical images), but also how to add music or sound to them, run the presentations as slide shows and add or review Speakers Notes.

This training course has now been researched and it is possible this could be produced in January of 2019. Teaching this subject however is very high risk in a number of areas.

As blind people managing our small company, we will need to ensure that visual assistance is obtained so as to include visually appealing graphics of the required dimensions. But most importantly, it is our view that the support currently provided in terms of screen-reading with PowerPoint from Office 365 is simply not sufficient for what we need to do. Conveying this subject in easy to understand terms was always going to be tricky, but to do so when the access you will receive in this area has shortcomings is even more problematic.

A basic example would be accessing the Speakers Notes. These are notes or reminders to you, the person delivering the presentation, as to what you can say above and beyond what is stated in the slide the audience is viewing. There used to be a keystroke which would allow focus to be set to that area of the screen. This is no longer possible. Moreover, if you are using a Braille display, how are you going to read those notes without disturbing visual focus away from the application? A mechanism for listening to those notes also needs to be found. There are also a large number of other inaccessible areas which need some attention.

To that end, as with all our training courses, we would need please a commitment from anyone interested to make the project viable. This would allow for the delivery of the training course together with bringing the existing JAWS support up-to-date.

We have had a small number of people expressing an interest in this subject so far, but whether it goes ahead really does boil down to what kind of commitment we do receive.

The training course would be delivered over a four-hour period in January of 2019. It would include details of many aspects of creating presentations in an accessible way, identifying (as far as possible) whether the presentations were visually acceptable, navigating through slides, working with visual themes, using tables and bulleted lists, editing presentations, delivering your presentation to an audience, and more. A full course outline would be presented if the training course goes ahead.

If you would like to purchase this training course, please write to brian@.... We will then send to you an invoice for payment. Assuming we have enough committed people to make the course viable, then we will present the details formally on our website with a full course outline. The cost would be £50 which is currently $62. We would ideally need to hear from you by 7 December 2018 because that will give sufficient time for the JAWS scripting work to go ahead prior to the commencement of the training course in 2019.

If we do not receive a sufficient response, unfortunately we cannot take this project further because there are many hours of work ahead even before a training course of this magnitude can start to be prepared.

We very much look forward to hearing from anyone interested in what could be an interesting venture.

Brian Hartgen

Choose Hartgen Consultancy for high quality JAWS Script Writing, training and our products including J-Say, J-Dictate and Leasey.

Opening Hours: 9 AM to 5 PM UK time, Monday to Friday.

Telephone (in the UK) 02920-850298.

Telephone (in the United States of America) 1-415-871-0626.

Telephone (from any other country) +44-2920-820598.

Visit our website for more information!

Follow us on Twitter, HartgenConsult.

Like our Facebook Page.