Date   

Re: NVDA and SiriusXM radio.

Nancy Shackelford
 

It's pretty accessible. You might sometimes have to click on a
particular thing to make it readable, but I'm good with it, even the
volume, at least most of the time!

Nance

On 12/22/18, John Isige <gwynn@tds.net> wrote:
Hey all. I'm thinking of subscribing to SiriusXM radio to check it out.
I'll mostly be listening on a PC. So I was wondering if anybody has
tried it and can report on accessibility. Do they have an app? Do you
just listen through the website? Can you stream it in another media
player? I know you can stream it on the Amazon Echo stuff but I don't
have one, though I did install the Alexa app for Windows 10. Anyway, if
anybody has any info on accessibility, I'd surely appreciate it. I
figured I'd ask here because if it's not accessible for some reason then
I won't bother with it.




--
Nancy Shackelford --Walk On Faith And Trust In Love - Michael Reid--


Re: NVDA and SiriusXM radio.

Bob Jutzi
 

Yes, you install it from the Microsoft store like any other Windows 10
app, launch the app and sign in with your Sirius XM user info, and
search and add channels within the app.

On 12/22/2018 5:15 PM, John Isige wrote:
Cool, thanks! You get it from the Microsoft store, I take it? Also, can
you browse? Or do you go to the website for the list of stations and
search using that?


On 12/22/2018 14:39, bob jutzi wrote:
The Windows 10 app is very accessible.
You can use Search to find a channel, then tab over to the Add to
Favorites Button.  In the future, stations you've added can be accessed
under the Favorites and Shows button.  The only drawback is that the app
occasionally crashes on startup and needs to be restarted.  This happens
under both NVDA and JAWS so I'm assuming it's a glitch with the app
itself.

On 12/22/2018 3:22 PM, John Isige wrote:
Hey all. I'm thinking of subscribing to SiriusXM radio to check it
out. I'll mostly be listening on a PC. So I was wondering if anybody
has tried it and can report on accessibility. Do they have an app? Do
you just listen through the website? Can you stream it in another
media player? I know you can stream it on the Amazon Echo stuff but I
don't have one, though I did install the Alexa app for Windows 10.
Anyway, if anybody has any info on accessibility, I'd surely
appreciate it. I figured I'd ask here because if it's not accessible
for some reason then I won't bother with it.






Re: fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my keyboard

 

Yeah and I was seriously going to buy one at one point.

Not anymore, they cost more than standard laptops to get one with a lot of space.

On 12/23/2018 10:33 AM, molly the blind tech lover wrote:
It sucks that these surface devices have these issues.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian's Mail
list account via Groups.Io
Sent: Saturday, December 22, 2018 3:53 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my
keyboard

Oh there will be...

1. Press and hold the power button until the screen turns off (about 10
seconds), then release the power button.
2. Press and release the power button to turn your Surface back on. You
should see the Microsoft logo.
If that doesn't work, use this shutdown process to make sure your Surface
completely turns off. Here's how:
Press and hold down the power button until your Surface restarts and you see
the Windows logo screen (this takes about 20 seconds), then release the
power button.
Surface Book, Surface Pro 4, Surface Pro 3, Surface Pro 2, and Surface Pro
1. Press and hold the power button for a full 10 seconds, until the screen
turns off, then release the power button.
Note
On some Surface models, the screen may immediately turn off when pressing
the power button. If this happens, continue to hold for the full 10 seconds
and then release.
2. Press and release the power button to turn your Surface back on. You
should see the Surface logo.
If that doesn't work, use this two-button shutdown process to make sure your
Surface completely turns off. Here's how:
1. Press and hold the power button on your Surface for 30 seconds and then
release it.
2.
Press and hold the volume-up button and the power button at the same time
for at least 15 seconds and then release both.
The screen may flash the Surface logo, but continue holding the buttons down
for at least 15 seconds.
3. After you release the buttons, wait 10 seconds.
4. Press and release the power button to turn your Surface back on. You
should see the Surface logo.
Surface 3, Surface 2, and Surface RT
1. Press and hold the power button for a full 10 seconds, until the screen
turns off, then release the power button.
Note
On some Surface models, the screen may immediately turn off when pressing
the power button. If this happens, continue to hold for the full 10 seconds
and then release.
2. Press and release the power button to turn your Surface back on. You
should see the Surface logo.
bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "molly the blind tech lover" <brainardmolly@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, December 22, 2018 1:06 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my
keyboard


There is no way to manually force this Microsoft surface tablet to shut
down. I guess I'll have to go to the Microsoft store. Maybe they can fix it.


-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tyler Spivey
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2018 7:39 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my
keyboard

Don't be too discouraged, breaking things is quite normal.

If this is a tablet with a separate keyboard, maybe Bluetooth was turned
off, the batteries died or the keyboard was turned off. Tab should at least
do something, or pressing any other key should interrupt NVDA from speaking.
If nothing happens even after reboot, we can figure it out from there.

Here's how to power off your tablet.
1. Try pressing the power button. If that doesn't start the process, maybe
things aren't set up to work that way, or something is preventing it from
working.
2. The next thing to try would be a hard power off. This depends on the
machine, but generally holding power for at least 5 seconds will do it.
This doesn't give Windows a chance to shut down properly and save your work,
so I generally only do this if I can't easily shut it down any other way.
After that, just power it on normally.

On 12/21/2018 4:19 PM, molly the blind tech lover wrote:
Hey guys, Molly here again.

I don't know what happened but all of a sudden my keyboard on my
tablet doesn't seem to work with nvda. I press a key, like the windows
key, and nvda is completely silent. It is silent when I press any key
on the keyboard. The only way nvda talks is if I use the mouse.

I don't know what I did, but I am so stupid. I am just too dumb to
ever be a good nvda user. Is there a way to force the machine to
restart? I am feeling completely incompetent.














Re: nvda/tablet is working again

Brian Moore
 

I must be missing something here.  I have owned 3 asus transformer books, love those little things and never had to clean the connectors.


I guess I could see it happening though.

Brian.

Contact me on skype: brian.moore
follow me on twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/bmoore123
On 2018-12-22 1:27 p.m., molly the blind tech lover wrote:

Me too. This keyboard is frustrating. It sometimes stops working. In that case I still have the touchscreen.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sarah k Alawami
Sent: Saturday, December 22, 2018 12:49 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] nvda/tablet is working again

 

Yep, through my close to 30 years of me using confusers , (I was a curious little cuss at age 5) I also learned that the hard way. Lol!
Glad you got nvda working.
On 22 Dec 2018, at 9:31, molly the blind tech lover wrote:

Hey guys, Molly here again.

I hope this message doesn’t get sent twice, because last night I was frustrated and said said things I regret.

Anyway, I discovered that while nvda wasn’t talking while using the keyboard, I could still use the touchscreen. I disconnected the keyboard and cleaned it. It collects dust and crap because of the material it’s made from. Anyway, the machine works completely fine now. And our Internet is working again. As soon as I logged on Nvda wanted me to update some addons. So everything works. I really hope I don’t panic the next time something like this happens. Panicking doesn’t solve anything.  And it just makes me look stupid.


Re: NVDA and SiriusXM radio.

John Isige
 

Cool, thanks! You get it from the Microsoft store, I take it? Also, can
you browse? Or do you go to the website for the list of stations and
search using that?

On 12/22/2018 14:39, bob jutzi wrote:
The Windows 10 app is very accessible.
You can use Search to find a channel, then tab over to the Add to
Favorites Button.  In the future, stations you've added can be accessed
under the Favorites and Shows button.  The only drawback is that the app
occasionally crashes on startup and needs to be restarted.  This happens
under both NVDA and JAWS so I'm assuming it's a glitch with the app
itself.

On 12/22/2018 3:22 PM, John Isige wrote:
Hey all. I'm thinking of subscribing to SiriusXM radio to check it
out. I'll mostly be listening on a PC. So I was wondering if anybody
has tried it and can report on accessibility. Do they have an app? Do
you just listen through the website? Can you stream it in another
media player? I know you can stream it on the Amazon Echo stuff but I
don't have one, though I did install the Alexa app for Windows 10.
Anyway, if anybody has any info on accessibility, I'd surely
appreciate it. I figured I'd ask here because if it's not accessible
for some reason then I won't bother with it.





Re: Clock Addon doesn't save settings, nor does f12 work for time and date

Kevin Cussick
 

it works here, windows10 home 64 bit insider slow ring.

On 22/12/2018 15:10, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi all,
Kelly isn't alone in experiencing these bugs - I can confirm them, and so
can others around the world. I have asked the add-ons community to get in
touch with add-on author, and proposed creating an emergency patch or taking
down this add-on from stable release channel.
Cheers,
Joseph
-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Kelly Sapergia
Sent: Saturday, December 22, 2018 6:55 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Clock Addon doesn't save settings, nor does f12 work for
time and date
Hi,
I just updated the Clock addon to 18.12.1 (the stable version), and also
noticed that Insert+F12 wasn't speaking the time anymore. I went into NVDA's
settings screen to set the options again, but when I went to the Clock Setup
item, the options from the General tab were being displayed instead. When I
moved up to Emoticons, the Clock options were there. Since that's obviously
not supposed to happen, I went back up to General to see if those options
were in the right place. They were, but under Speech, the Clock Setup
options were displayed instead. I pressed Cancel to get out of the dialog,
then Control+Insert+S to see if I could bring up the Speech options that
way, only to be told that an NVDA dialog was already open, or words to that
effect anyway.
I've disabled the addon for now, and all is fine again. I thought about
installing the development version to see if that worked better, but it has
the same version number as the stable version. Needless to say, I'm going to
wait until the next update.
Hope this helps.
Yours Sincerely,
Kelly John Sapergia
Show Host and Production Director
The Global Voice Internet Radio
www.theglobalvoice.info
Personal Website: www.ksapergia.net
Business Site (KJS Productions): www.kjsproductions.com Follow me on Twitter
at: kjsapergia


Re: fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my keyboard

molly the blind tech lover
 

Thanks. I had to remove the physical keyboard to clean it. I bring this machine everywhere, and it gets dirty.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jacob Kruger
Sent: Saturday, December 22, 2018 5:13 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my keyboard

Try connecting a physical keyboard, if that's possible?


Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
"...resistance is futile...but, acceptance is versatile..."
On 2018-12-22 3:06 AM, molly the blind tech lover wrote:
There is no way to manually force this Microsoft surface tablet to
shut down. I guess I'll have to go to the Microsoft store. Maybe they can fix it.


-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tyler
Spivey
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2018 7:39 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using
my keyboard

Don't be too discouraged, breaking things is quite normal.

If this is a tablet with a separate keyboard, maybe Bluetooth was
turned off, the batteries died or the keyboard was turned off. Tab
should at least do something, or pressing any other key should interrupt NVDA from speaking.
If nothing happens even after reboot, we can figure it out from there.

Here's how to power off your tablet.
1. Try pressing the power button. If that doesn't start the process,
maybe things aren't set up to work that way, or something is
preventing it from working.
2. The next thing to try would be a hard power off. This depends on
the machine, but generally holding power for at least 5 seconds will do it.
This doesn't give Windows a chance to shut down properly and save your
work, so I generally only do this if I can't easily shut it down any other way.
After that, just power it on normally.

On 12/21/2018 4:19 PM, molly the blind tech lover wrote:
Hey guys, Molly here again.

I don’t know what happened but all of a sudden my keyboard on my
tablet doesn’t seem to work with nvda. I press a key, like the
windows key, and nvda is completely silent. It is silent when I press
any key on the keyboard. The only way nvda talks is if I use the mouse.

I don’t know what I did, but I am so stupid. I am just too dumb to
ever be a good nvda user. Is there a way to force the machine to
restart? I am feeling completely incompetent.







Re: fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my keyboard

molly the blind tech lover
 

It sucks that these surface devices have these issues.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian's Mail
list account via Groups.Io
Sent: Saturday, December 22, 2018 3:53 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my
keyboard

Oh there will be...

1. Press and hold the power button until the screen turns off (about 10
seconds), then release the power button.
2. Press and release the power button to turn your Surface back on. You
should see the Microsoft logo.
If that doesn't work, use this shutdown process to make sure your Surface
completely turns off. Here's how:
Press and hold down the power button until your Surface restarts and you see
the Windows logo screen (this takes about 20 seconds), then release the
power button.
Surface Book, Surface Pro 4, Surface Pro 3, Surface Pro 2, and Surface Pro
1. Press and hold the power button for a full 10 seconds, until the screen
turns off, then release the power button.
Note
On some Surface models, the screen may immediately turn off when pressing
the power button. If this happens, continue to hold for the full 10 seconds
and then release.
2. Press and release the power button to turn your Surface back on. You
should see the Surface logo.
If that doesn't work, use this two-button shutdown process to make sure your
Surface completely turns off. Here's how:
1. Press and hold the power button on your Surface for 30 seconds and then
release it.
2.
Press and hold the volume-up button and the power button at the same time
for at least 15 seconds and then release both.
The screen may flash the Surface logo, but continue holding the buttons down
for at least 15 seconds.
3. After you release the buttons, wait 10 seconds.
4. Press and release the power button to turn your Surface back on. You
should see the Surface logo.
Surface 3, Surface 2, and Surface RT
1. Press and hold the power button for a full 10 seconds, until the screen
turns off, then release the power button.
Note
On some Surface models, the screen may immediately turn off when pressing
the power button. If this happens, continue to hold for the full 10 seconds
and then release.
2. Press and release the power button to turn your Surface back on. You
should see the Surface logo.
bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "molly the blind tech lover" <brainardmolly@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, December 22, 2018 1:06 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my
keyboard


There is no way to manually force this Microsoft surface tablet to shut
down. I guess I'll have to go to the Microsoft store. Maybe they can fix it.


-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tyler Spivey
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2018 7:39 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my
keyboard

Don't be too discouraged, breaking things is quite normal.

If this is a tablet with a separate keyboard, maybe Bluetooth was turned
off, the batteries died or the keyboard was turned off. Tab should at least
do something, or pressing any other key should interrupt NVDA from speaking.
If nothing happens even after reboot, we can figure it out from there.

Here's how to power off your tablet.
1. Try pressing the power button. If that doesn't start the process, maybe
things aren't set up to work that way, or something is preventing it from
working.
2. The next thing to try would be a hard power off. This depends on the
machine, but generally holding power for at least 5 seconds will do it.
This doesn't give Windows a chance to shut down properly and save your work,
so I generally only do this if I can't easily shut it down any other way.
After that, just power it on normally.

On 12/21/2018 4:19 PM, molly the blind tech lover wrote:
Hey guys, Molly here again.

I don't know what happened but all of a sudden my keyboard on my
tablet doesn't seem to work with nvda. I press a key, like the windows
key, and nvda is completely silent. It is silent when I press any key
on the keyboard. The only way nvda talks is if I use the mouse.

I don't know what I did, but I am so stupid. I am just too dumb to
ever be a good nvda user. Is there a way to force the machine to
restart? I am feeling completely incompetent.


Re: fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my keyboard

molly the blind tech lover
 

Well the touchscreen worked.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian's Mail
list account via Groups.Io
Sent: Saturday, December 22, 2018 3:46 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my
keyboard

Weird that sounds almost like an Apple prompt!
You sure you don't get anything, you might have just turned off keyboard
echo.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "molly the blind tech lover" <brainardmolly@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, December 22, 2018 1:03 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my
keyboard


I'll try that. But when my sighted friend tried that it said slide to shut
down. She tried that and it didn't work.



From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of marcio via
Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2018 7:35 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my
keyboard



If you aren't able to pass the lockscreen, why not restart the computer
manually? That is, pressing the button that turns the computer on/off for
some time will restart the system, anyway.



_____

Cheers,
Marcio

_____

Where to find me:
My Yahoo! email <mailto:marcinhorj21@yahoo.com.br>
Add me on Skype <skype:marcinhorj666?add> Follow me on Twitter
<https://twitter.com/firirinfonfon>
Follow or add me on Facebook <https://facebook.com/firirinfonfon>
Ask me something on CuriousCat <https://curiouscat.me/firirinfonfon>

_____

Phone(s):
(+55)21-9-81615268 (Tim-RJ)

_____

My WhatsApp <https://api.whatsapp.com/send?phone=5521981615268>

_____

Em 21/12/2018 22:33, molly the blind tech lover escreveu:

Thanks. I�ll try that. I first have to figure out how to get out of the
lock screen first.

�

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
<mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io> <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of marcio via
Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2018 7:27 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [nvda] fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my
keyboard

�

Hey, first, don't worry. This how computers work, I guess. Sometimes it just
runs out of our control, but there's always a solution whatever your problem
is.
Considering you said that no keys are being interpreted by NVDA, it would be
like shoot in the dark, but you can try:
Windows+R
Type "shutdown -r" (without the quotes).
It will restart your system, I guess.
Hope this helps and please let me know if so.
P.S.: Don't give up on NVDA, I'm sure you'll be able to deal with it through
the time.

�

_____

Cheers,
Marcio

_____

Where to find me:
My Yahoo! email <mailto:marcinhorj21@yahoo.com.br>
Add me on Skype <skype:marcinhorj666?add> Follow me on Twitter
<https://twitter.com/firirinfonfon>
Follow or add me on Facebook <https://facebook.com/firirinfonfon>
Ask me something on CuriousCat <https://curiouscat.me/firirinfonfon>

_____

Phone(s):
(+55)21-9-81615268 (Tim-RJ)

_____

My WhatsApp <https://api.whatsapp.com/send?phone=5521981615268>

_____

Em 21/12/2018 22:19, molly the blind tech lover escreveu:

Hey guys, Molly here again.

I don�t know what happened but all of a sudden my keyboard on my tablet
doesn�t seem to work with nvda. I press a key, like the windows key, and
nvda is completely silent. It is silent when I press any key on the
keyboard. �The only way �nvda talks �is if I use the mouse.

I don�t know what I did, but I am so stupid. I am just too dumb to ever be
a good nvda user. Is there a way to force the machine to restart? I am
feeling completely incompetent.

�


Re: NVDA not exiting with current version under windows 7 64 bit

Gene
 

I said errors in the registry.  I should have said that it is for reregistering some dll files that uninstalling some programs unregisters. 
 

Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, December 22, 2018 2:15 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA not exiting with current version under windows 7 64 bit

Hi,
Maybe I am a bit late to this topic and don't know if it's already solved.
But anyway, once a friend was experiencing the same as you described. We tried almost everything that you could imagine to try fixing it and nothing seemed to work.
So it was when I remembered, on the newest versions of NVDA, there's an option called "Run COM Registration Fixing tool". Well, it definitely solved the problem and all got back to normality.
Don't know if it will help you but you could try this.
P.S.: May I ask if latest NVDA still works on Windows 7? I thought it wasn't working, I'm not sure where I heard it but anyway..
Em 22/12/2018 12:25, john farina escreveu:
Hi to all,

I am a new member to this group so please forgive me for posting something which may have already been discussed. You may feel free to refer me to the archives of this list for information.

On my windows 7 computer currently running the most up-to-date NVDA version, pressing the exit keystroke does not allow NVDA to exit. That is to say, there is an error sound then the program restarts.

I have done some google searching and found that this might be due to an add-on problem. It seems I have narrowed it down to the Nuance vocalizer add-on, which means of course I can not use this voice. Any thoughts?

Thanks.








Re: NVDA not exiting with current version under windows 7 64 bit

Gene
 

That feature is for fixing errors in the registry relating to browse mode not working properly.  It has no relation to the problem of NVDA not shutting down properly. 
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, December 22, 2018 2:15 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA not exiting with current version under windows 7 64 bit

Hi,
Maybe I am a bit late to this topic and don't know if it's already solved.
But anyway, once a friend was experiencing the same as you described. We tried almost everything that you could imagine to try fixing it and nothing seemed to work.
So it was when I remembered, on the newest versions of NVDA, there's an option called "Run COM Registration Fixing tool". Well, it definitely solved the problem and all got back to normality.
Don't know if it will help you but you could try this.
P.S.: May I ask if latest NVDA still works on Windows 7? I thought it wasn't working, I'm not sure where I heard it but anyway..
Em 22/12/2018 12:25, john farina escreveu:
Hi to all,

I am a new member to this group so please forgive me for posting something which may have already been discussed. You may feel free to refer me to the archives of this list for information.

On my windows 7 computer currently running the most up-to-date NVDA version, pressing the exit keystroke does not allow NVDA to exit. That is to say, there is an error sound then the program restarts.

I have done some google searching and found that this might be due to an add-on problem. It seems I have narrowed it down to the Nuance vocalizer add-on, which means of course I can not use this voice. Any thoughts?

Thanks.








Re: NVDA and SiriusXM radio.

Bob Jutzi
 

The Windows 10 app is very accessible.
You can use Search to find a channel, then tab over to the Add to
Favorites Button.  In the future, stations you've added can be accessed
under the Favorites and Shows button.  The only drawback is that the app
occasionally crashes on startup and needs to be restarted.  This happens
under both NVDA and JAWS so I'm assuming it's a glitch with the app itself.

On 12/22/2018 3:22 PM, John Isige wrote:
Hey all. I'm thinking of subscribing to SiriusXM radio to check it
out. I'll mostly be listening on a PC. So I was wondering if anybody
has tried it and can report on accessibility. Do they have an app? Do
you just listen through the website? Can you stream it in another
media player? I know you can stream it on the Amazon Echo stuff but I
don't have one, though I did install the Alexa app for Windows 10.
Anyway, if anybody has any info on accessibility, I'd surely
appreciate it. I figured I'd ask here because if it's not accessible
for some reason then I won't bother with it.



NVDA and SiriusXM radio.

John Isige
 

Hey all. I'm thinking of subscribing to SiriusXM radio to check it out. I'll mostly be listening on a PC. So I was wondering if anybody has tried it and can report on accessibility. Do they have an app? Do you just listen through the website? Can you stream it in another media player? I know you can stream it on the Amazon Echo stuff but I don't have one, though I did install the Alexa app for Windows 10. Anyway, if anybody has any info on accessibility, I'd surely appreciate it. I figured I'd ask here because if it's not accessible for some reason then I won't bother with it.


Re: NVDA not exiting with current version under windows 7 64 bit

 

Hi,
Maybe I am a bit late to this topic and don't know if it's already solved.
But anyway, once a friend was experiencing the same as you described. We tried almost everything that you could imagine to try fixing it and nothing seemed to work.
So it was when I remembered, on the newest versions of NVDA, there's an option called "Run COM Registration Fixing tool". Well, it definitely solved the problem and all got back to normality.
Don't know if it will help you but you could try this.
P.S.: May I ask if latest NVDA still works on Windows 7? I thought it wasn't working, I'm not sure where I heard it but anyway..
Em 22/12/2018 12:25, john farina escreveu:

Hi to all,

I am a new member to this group so please forgive me for posting something which may have already been discussed. You may feel free to refer me to the archives of this list for information.

On my windows 7 computer currently running the most up-to-date NVDA version, pressing the exit keystroke does not allow NVDA to exit. That is to say, there is an error sound then the program restarts.

I have done some google searching and found that this might be due to an add-on problem. It seems I have narrowed it down to the Nuance vocalizer add-on, which means of course I can not use this voice. Any thoughts?

Thanks.








Re: nvda/tablet is working again

molly the blind tech lover
 

You have to use rubbing alcohol to clean the magnetic pins on the keyboard. Then clean the connectors on the bottom of the machine.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sarah k Alawami
Sent: Saturday, December 22, 2018 2:17 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] nvda/tablet is working again

 

this might be better suited for the windows list, but is there not a way to keep that thing clean if that indeed is the case? I don't own one of these beasts as of yet, but jut asking anyway.

On 22 Dec 2018, at 10:25, molly the blind tech lover wrote:

Yeah. I think the magnetic strip on the keyboard gets dirty or something.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Don H
Sent: Saturday, December 22, 2018 12:34 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] nvda/tablet is working again

My son has had the surface Pro for a while now and his major complaint is
the interface between the tablet and keyboard. Fails to connect often and
drops connection often.

On 12/22/2018 11:31 AM, molly the blind tech lover wrote:

Hey guys, Molly here again.

I hope this message doesn’t get sent twice, because last night I was
frustrated and said said things I regret.

Anyway, I discovered that while nvda wasn’t talking while using the
keyboard, I could still use the touchscreen. I disconnected the
keyboard and cleaned it. It collects dust and crap because of the
material it’s made from. Anyway, the machine works completely fine
now. And our Internet is working again. As soon as I logged on Nvda
wanted me to update some addons. So everything works. I really hope I
don’t panic the next time something like this happens. Panicking doesn’t

solve anything.

 And it just makes me look stupid.


Re: NVDA not exiting with current version under windows 7 64 bit

Rui Fontes
 

Hello!

Update the driver from:
http://downloads.vocalizer-nvda.com/driver/vocalizer_expressive_driver-3.0.14.nvda-addon

Best regards,

Rui Fontes
Tiflotecnia, Lda.


Às 18:45 de 22/12/2018, john farina escreveu:

Hi,
The synthesizer is vocalizer expressive I believe the driver is version 5 but not at that machine now to check.

On Dec 22, 2018, at 10:20 AM, Rui Fontes <rui.fontes@tiflotecnia.com> wrote:

Hello!

What flavour of Vocalizer are you using?

From Tiflotecnia or CodeFactory?
If from Tiflotecnia, Vocalizer or Vocalizer Expressive?

Best regards,

Rui Fontes
Tiflotecnia, Lda.


Às 14:25 de 22/12/2018, john farina escreveu:
Hi to all,
I am a new member to this group so please forgive me for posting something which may have already been discussed. You may feel free to refer me to the archives of this list for information.
On my windows 7 computer currently running the most up-to-date NVDA version, pressing the exit keystroke does not allow NVDA to exit. That is to say, there is an error sound then the program restarts.
I have done some google searching and found that this might be due to an add-on problem. It seems I have narrowed it down to the Nuance vocalizer add-on, which means of course I can not use this voice. Any thoughts?
Thanks.


Re: Clock Addon doesn't save settings, nor does f12 work for time and date

Chris
 

It will, but if you are updating from a earlier release then it will screw up the settings panel

 

If you edit out the clock section of the nvda.ini then restart nvda it should work

 

But you shouldn’t have to do this, theres obviously something going wrong on the update side of things

 

 

From: Don H
Sent: 22 December 2018 18:15
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Clock Addon doesn't save settings, nor does f12 work for time and date

 

I just installed this addon for the first time and seems to work as

described.

 

On 12/22/2018 11:53 AM, Ron Canazzi wrote:

> HI,

>

>

> I wonder if doing a total uninstall and reinstall would work.  On the

> home page for this add on, there is some reference to issues with

> updating from within the add on itself. This may be causing the issues

> you have.

>

>

> On 12/22/2018 9:54 AM, Kelly Sapergia wrote:

>> Hi,

>> 

>> I just updated the Clock addon to 18.12.1 (the stable version), and also

>> noticed that Insert+F12 wasn't speaking the time anymore. I went into

>> NVDA's

>> settings screen to set the options again, but when I went to the Clock

>> Setup

>> item, the options from the General tab were being displayed instead.

>> When I

>> moved up to Emoticons, the Clock options were there. Since that's

>> obviously

>> not supposed to happen, I went back up to General to see if those options

>> were in the right place. They were, but under Speech, the Clock Setup

>> options were displayed instead. I pressed Cancel to get out of the

>> dialog,

>> then Control+Insert+S to see if I could bring up the Speech options that

>> way, only to be told that an NVDA dialog was already open, or words to

>> that

>> effect anyway.

>> I've disabled the addon for now, and all is fine again. I thought about

>> installing the development version to see if that worked better, but

>> it has

>> the same version number as the stable version. Needless to say, I'm

>> going to

>> wait until the next update.

>> 

>> Hope this helps.

>> 

>> Yours Sincerely,

>> Kelly John Sapergia

>> Show Host and Production Director

>> The Global Voice Internet Radio

>> www.theglobalvoice.info

>> 

>> Personal Website: www.ksapergia.net

>> Business Site (KJS Productions): www.kjsproductions.com

>> Follow me on Twitter at: kjsapergia

>> 

>> 

>> 

>> 

>> 

>> 

>> 

 

 

 

 


Re: Clock Addon doesn't save settings, nor does f12 work fortime and date

Peter Beasley
 

What does this addon actually do?

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Don H
Sent: 22 December 2018 18:15
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Clock Addon doesn't save settings, nor does f12 work fortime and date

 

I just installed this addon for the first time and seems to work as

described.

 

On 12/22/2018 11:53 AM, Ron Canazzi wrote:

> HI,

>

>

> I wonder if doing a total uninstall and reinstall would work.  On the

> home page for this add on, there is some reference to issues with

> updating from within the add on itself. This may be causing the issues

> you have.

>

>

> On 12/22/2018 9:54 AM, Kelly Sapergia wrote:

>> Hi,

>> 

>> I just updated the Clock addon to 18.12.1 (the stable version), and also

>> noticed that Insert+F12 wasn't speaking the time anymore. I went into

>> NVDA's

>> settings screen to set the options again, but when I went to the Clock

>> Setup

>> item, the options from the General tab were being displayed instead.

>> When I

>> moved up to Emoticons, the Clock options were there. Since that's

>> obviously

>> not supposed to happen, I went back up to General to see if those options

>> were in the right place. They were, but under Speech, the Clock Setup

>> options were displayed instead. I pressed Cancel to get out of the

>> dialog,

>> then Control+Insert+S to see if I could bring up the Speech options that

>> way, only to be told that an NVDA dialog was already open, or words to

>> that

>> effect anyway.

>> I've disabled the addon for now, and all is fine again. I thought about

>> installing the development version to see if that worked better, but

>> it has

>> the same version number as the stable version. Needless to say, I'm

>> going to

>> wait until the next update.

>> 

>> Hope this helps.

>> 

>> Yours Sincerely,

>> Kelly John Sapergia

>> Show Host and Production Director

>> The Global Voice Internet Radio

>> www.theglobalvoice.info

>> 

>> Personal Website: www.ksapergia.net

>> Business Site (KJS Productions): www.kjsproductions.com

>> Follow me on Twitter at: kjsapergia

>> 

>> 

>> 

>> 

>> 

>> 

>> 

 

 

 

 


Re: nvda/tablet is working again

Sarah k Alawami
 

this might be better suited for the windows list, but is there not a way to keep that thing clean if that indeed is the case? I don't own one of these beasts as of yet, but jut asking anyway.

On 22 Dec 2018, at 10:25, molly the blind tech lover wrote:

Yeah. I think the magnetic strip on the keyboard gets dirty or something.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Don H
Sent: Saturday, December 22, 2018 12:34 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] nvda/tablet is working again

My son has had the surface Pro for a while now and his major complaint is
the interface between the tablet and keyboard. Fails to connect often and
drops connection often.

On 12/22/2018 11:31 AM, molly the blind tech lover wrote:

Hey guys, Molly here again.

I hope this message doesn’t get sent twice, because last night I was
frustrated and said said things I regret.

Anyway, I discovered that while nvda wasn’t talking while using the
keyboard, I could still use the touchscreen. I disconnected the
keyboard and cleaned it. It collects dust and crap because of the
material it’s made from. Anyway, the machine works completely fine
now. And our Internet is working again. As soon as I logged on Nvda
wanted me to update some addons. So everything works. I really hope I
don’t panic the next time something like this happens. Panicking doesn’t

solve anything.

 And it just makes me look stupid.


Testing a gmail filter please disregard

john farina <farina1952@...>
 

This is a test message to determine if I have set up a gmail filter correctly. Delete it.