Date   

Re: Some mouse navigation questions

 

Hi Andrew,
I'll provide a more detailed answer (hopefully with some real-life examples) on a separate thread, but to give you an answer for a question I know you've been having for the last two weeks:
Short answer: this may sound a bit harsh, but I'm against the idea of paying someone to write an add-on if that person is not a reputable narrative authority on NVDA. Trust me, I've seen folks trying to go through that route with mixed success - not knowing where to look for info, trying to solve one thing and then answering another question, and so on. Part of this has to do with inadequate NVDA development documentation, but my experiences as a Windows Insider (working with Microsoft and other app vendors) suggests deeper cultural issues are at play.
Although I wish to help you resolve the issues you are having with video editing software, I can't forget my current job and health - I am a college student, a competitive forensics (speech and debate) student, and weighing my options for activities for the next few months. Although some folks here may think I'm an NV Access staff member due to the kind of posts I write, I am not an NV Access employee, let alone live in Australia (suffice to say that I live quite close to where this year's CSUN conference will be held next month).
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of AKH AKH
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2019 12:52 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Some mouse navigation questions

Hi Joseph


I've been trying to recruit an NVDA developer, but even this list hasn't got me anywhere. Any other suggestions. Perhaps I should pay a friend who has never used NVDA to learn to develop and make me an add on?


Andrew


On 14/02/2019 18:02, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi everyone,
I hope the following post clarifies a few things discussed on this thread:
* Screen readers and mouse: although both act almost the same, JAWS
and NVDA uses different techniques to let you see what's under the
mouse, and for that matter, accessing certain screen elements. Until
recently NVDA had a slight advantage in mouse navigation and
announcing what's under the screen (including announcing coordinates
with beeps), but JAWS caught up with NVDA since 2018. Announcing
what's under the mouse has improved slightly in recent versions of NVDA.
* Visualized cursor tracking: yes, both JAWS and NVDA can do this -
built into JAWS since 2018 thanks to ideas from ZoomText, requires an
add-on for NVDA, although there is a research project to integrate
this and other vision related features into NVDA.
* Feature comparisons versus bashing: to me, it depends on wording and
how the reader understood a poster's intent. Although there were
initial misunderstandings, I view Steve's post to be a genuine attempt
at feature comparisons.
* Biased or unbiased: again it depends on how one views messages. In
this case, to be clear, I think Brian V's post should be considered an
answer to the question posed (cursor tracking) from another
perspective, or rather, a visual confirmation of what some people are
saying (yes, this also means this could be considered a biased
opinion, but to me, I consider it an informative answer).
* JAWS cursor versus Golden Cursor: the intention behind JAWS cursor
is to let you interact with screen elements as though you are moving a
mouse, similar in concept to how screen review works in certain
situations (when you need to review certain areas that you can't
easily with keyboard commands). The closest equivalent after screen
review in NVDA world is Golden Cursor add-on (under maintenance at the
moment), and that add-on does
physically6 (in terms of screen coordinates) moves the mouse pointer.

Overall feelings (not just this topic, but more recent ones as well):
* Level of familiarity: I think we should remember that not everyone
is an NVDA expert or a novice user.
* Source statement verification: whenever you come across a statement,
I think it'd be best to verify who said it and when so we won't get
thrown into confusion over misinformation. For example, when we talk
about feature comparisons, clarifying which version of one screen
reader one is comparing against may help folks pinpoint specifics
without hunting for more accurate statements, as we've seen from time
to time (I myself have fallen to that trap before, and I tend to take
source verification seriously since I am a member of this forum (a
former moderator, in fact) and is an owner of multiple lists).
Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Steve
Nutt
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2019 6:29 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Some mouse navigation questions

No, this is not true. Either can be used well with the mouse, and
you've taken what I'm saying out of context.

All the best

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chris
Shook
Sent: 13 February 2019 17:22
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Some mouse navigation questions

Someone feel free to correct me if I am mistaken, but NVDA is designed
so that a low vision user can use the mouse.
JAWS, on the other hand, is strictly for someone that is totally blind.
Therefore, it would be less likely to be able to navigate by the mouse.











Re: Some mouse navigation questions

 

On Thu, Feb 14, 2019 at 03:52 PM, AKH AKH wrote:
develop and make me an add on?
For what, if I may ask?

I can't find another post by you on this particular topic nor anything else really recent.

This comment seems to have come out of nowhere.
 
--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763  

A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

 

 


Re: NVDA and spreadsheets

Chris Shook
 

Mike,
That fixed it. Somehow that item had gotten unchecked.
Thanks for the help.
Chris


Re: is there a way to label unlabeled buttons using NVDA?

hurrikennyandopo ...
 

Hi


I am thinking of this i was just hunting through my emails to find it.


If the link does not work in the email to the form let me know or you may be able to copy and paste it.


Given some recent discussions here, I thought it couldn't hurt to repost this.  This survey is from NVAccess and it uses Google Forms:


Hi all,


NV Access would like to work with the community to identify the most
important bugs and feature requests for NVDA. With over 2000 open issues on
Github, it can be difficult for us to understand which issues are the most
hard hitting for the greatest amount of people.


By filling in this short survey, you can help us better prioritize our
future work.

Survey link:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScXTe1_l52wVsDdvJNpAQ7qiU7A141BaugI
8XuVxKz0A1TFNQ/viewform?usp=sf_link


As always, we make no promise that creating an issue or filling in this
survey will mean that your particular issues are addressed in a timely
manner, however we will look very carefully at this data, and prioritize our
work to ensure we provide positive impact to the greatest number of users.


Your answers will be annonymous. No identifying information will be asked
for in this survey.  However, by filling in this survey you are agreeing
that NV Access may make this data public for all to see.


Thank you for your help in improving NVDA.


Mick


if you do not mention any thing say like the one for the graphic labeler it may not come up the ladder to be worked on.




Gene nz


On 15/02/2019 9:37 AM, molly the blind tech lover wrote:

Thanks 😀

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of hurrikennyandopo ...
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2019 3:06 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] is there a way to label unlabeled buttons using NVDA?

 

Hi

 

 

No there is not at present.

A few years back I was sure some one made one but was not in a add on format and after time it disappeared. this was before the time of the add on page now.

 

May be the nearest one would be the golden cursor.

 

That add on lets you drive the mouse with your arrow keys with 2 others. But there is a thing in it called hot points I think it is called.

 

If i remember right you move the mouse to the area that is not labled do a new label then save it. It will then say the name of what ever it is.

 

But you say for a example in my old scanner program I could not tab to any of those buttons that would do certain things with the scanner. I would bring up the list of say that were labeled in that scanner program pick one of them and then it would route the mouse to that area and then i would activate it for it say to scan etc depending what it done.

 

But at that time you need a sighted person to do that.

 

It would do it for that program but you could do it for others

 

Not sure if it would let you do that in your game?

 

I know on my android phone it will let me llabel stuff but i am swiping not tabbing to those areas like in windows.

 

Give it a whirl it might do the job for you.

 

I know there is a ticket so it can label stuff but do not think i have seen any one touch it lately.

 

Gene nz

 

On 15/02/2019 4:21 AM, molly the blind tech lover wrote:

Hey guys, molly here again.

Is there a way to label unlabeled buttons with NVDA? I downloaded an app and when I swipe using the touchscreen or navigate with the keyboard NVDA just says button, button.the app is a collection of text adventure games.  and while the game’s are accessible, the titles of the games in the games library  aren’t labeled.

Any help will be greatly appreciated 😊

Thanks.

 

Molly

--

Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net
 
Regardless of where you are in New Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can use a copy of the NVDA screen reader on one of their computers. To find out which location (or locations) are nearest to you please visit http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries (Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa).
To find out which software is installed on the APNK network please visit the following link http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.info/faq/software To find out how to use NVDA on APNK computers please visit the following link http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.info/faq/nvda
 

To find out which software is available on the Christchurch City Library network, and how to start the NVDA screen reader, please go to the following links. Software available  https://my.christchurchcitylibraries.com/faq/computers/#faq_5884  How to start the NVDA screen reader on Christchurch City Library computers  https://my.christchurchcitylibraries.com/faqs/what-screen-reader-software-is-available/
 
To find an NVDA certified expert near you, please visit the following link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The certification page contains the official list of NVDA certified individuals from around the world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert exam.


--
Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net
 
Regardless of where you are in New Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can use a copy of the NVDA screen reader on one of their computers. To find out which location (or locations) are nearest to you please visit http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries (Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa).
To find out which software is installed on the APNK network please visit the following link http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.info/faq/software To find out how to use NVDA on APNK computers please visit the following link http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.info/faq/nvda
 

To find out which software is available on the Christchurch City Library network, and how to start the NVDA screen reader, please go to the following links. Software available  https://my.christchurchcitylibraries.com/faq/computers/#faq_5884  How to start the NVDA screen reader on Christchurch City Library computers  https://my.christchurchcitylibraries.com/faqs/what-screen-reader-software-is-available/
 
To find an NVDA certified expert near you, please visit the following link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The certification page contains the official list of NVDA certified individuals from around the world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert exam.


Re: Problems With NVDA

Travis Siegel <tsiegel@...>
 

Right, and this is called virtual memory, it's not ram, and it doesn't matter how many times you call it ram, it *isn't* ram. Virtual memory  via swap space or similar has been around since windows 3.x, and even the earliest versions of linux (even before 1.0 versions) had swap partitions.  That still doesn't make them ram, only virtual memory, which isn't used for active programs, swap space is only used when a piece of data (whether it's a program or a chunk of data) hasn't been accessed in a while, and something that has been accessed more recently needs the ram to work properly, then that older piece is swapped out to the virtual memory/swap file.  That doesn't qualify as ram, because of several factors, the least of which is that that code is no longer executing in the ram.  Therefore, you can add as much virtual space as you want, but that doesn't have any affect on the amount of ram you have in your pc that is available for actually running programs.

On 2/14/2019 3:41 PM, Richard Wells wrote:
Android and Windows do provide means to boost physical ram. This is not storage, it is basically a virtual swap file except on solid state media.

On 2/14/2019 11:46 AM, Travis Siegel wrote:
It doesn't matter what os you're talking about, sd cards do not provide ram.  Ram is the space where actively executing programs live.  This only happens in RAM.  Sd cards provide storage, this is where saved programs, data for applications, and other downlaoded content such as music files reside.  Too often these days, memory is used interchangeably with storage, and that
is missleading at best, and downright dangerous at worst when someone thinks they have more memory than they do, and run a program thinking it will work because they have so much memory, only to find out that the device crashes because it's overtaxed and the memory is full.  Don't make the mistake of confusing memory with storage, they're completely separate items, and the computer industry isn't doing anybody any favors by referring to both as if they were the same thing.

 On Thu, 14 Feb 2019, Brian K. Lingard wrote:

Dear Ibrahim Ajayi && List:
Some Android telephones can increase their working RAM with an SD card, however, if your computer is a laptop, the SD card will normally only provide storage for files, not increase the working RAM.

To upgrade the RAM,, you need to first check with the laptop maker as to the maximum RAM it Can address. Then review your RAM chips, often in a compartment under the laptop. If all slots are full, you need to replace the presently installed RAM with larger RAM chips. You unclip the present Rams, set them aside, and plug in the new RAM. Upon power-up,, the PC will be using the new RAM which should make programs run a bit faster ESPECIALLY IF several are running at once or you are editing huge files, such as audio recordings.
I trust this explains the difference between what an SD card and RAM chips will do to the laptop.
Brian K. Lingard VE3YI, Ab2JI, B. A., C. T. M.



Re: NVDA and sounds

Chris Shook
 

Shaun,
Thanks for this post. It was very informative.
Like I said in an earlier post, I just know that JAWS has the capability. I don't know why.
If you could somehow create moving images with the screen reader I could see a reason, but that's a totally different, and unrealistic idea.
Chris


Re: Some mouse navigation questions

AKH AKH
 

Hi Joseph


I've been trying to recruit an NVDA developer, but even this list hasn't
got me anywhere.  Any other suggestions.  Perhaps I should pay a friend
who has never used NVDA to learn to develop and make me an add on?


Andrew

On 14/02/2019 18:02, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi everyone,
I hope the following post clarifies a few things discussed on this thread:
* Screen readers and mouse: although both act almost the same, JAWS and NVDA
uses different techniques to let you see what's under the mouse, and for
that matter, accessing certain screen elements. Until recently NVDA had a
slight advantage in mouse navigation and announcing what's under the screen
(including announcing coordinates with beeps), but JAWS caught up with NVDA
since 2018. Announcing what's under the mouse has improved slightly in
recent versions of NVDA.
* Visualized cursor tracking: yes, both JAWS and NVDA can do this - built
into JAWS since 2018 thanks to ideas from ZoomText, requires an add-on for
NVDA, although there is a research project to integrate this and other
vision related features into NVDA.
* Feature comparisons versus bashing: to me, it depends on wording and how
the reader understood a poster's intent. Although there were initial
misunderstandings, I view Steve's post to be a genuine attempt at feature
comparisons.
* Biased or unbiased: again it depends on how one views messages. In this
case, to be clear, I think Brian V's post should be considered an answer to
the question posed (cursor tracking) from another perspective, or rather, a
visual confirmation of what some people are saying (yes, this also means
this could be considered a biased opinion, but to me, I consider it an
informative answer).
* JAWS cursor versus Golden Cursor: the intention behind JAWS cursor is to
let you interact with screen elements as though you are moving a mouse,
similar in concept to how screen review works in certain situations (when
you need to review certain areas that you can't easily with keyboard
commands). The closest equivalent after screen review in NVDA world is
Golden Cursor add-on (under maintenance at the moment), and that add-on does
physically6 (in terms of screen coordinates) moves the mouse pointer.

Overall feelings (not just this topic, but more recent ones as well):
* Level of familiarity: I think we should remember that not everyone is an
NVDA expert or a novice user.
* Source statement verification: whenever you come across a statement, I
think it'd be best to verify who said it and when so we won't get thrown
into confusion over misinformation. For example, when we talk about feature
comparisons, clarifying which version of one screen reader one is comparing
against may help folks pinpoint specifics without hunting for more accurate
statements, as we've seen from time to time (I myself have fallen to that
trap before, and I tend to take source verification seriously since I am a
member of this forum (a former moderator, in fact) and is an owner of
multiple lists).
Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Steve Nutt
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2019 6:29 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Some mouse navigation questions

No, this is not true. Either can be used well with the mouse, and you've
taken what I'm saying out of context.

All the best

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chris Shook
Sent: 13 February 2019 17:22
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Some mouse navigation questions

Someone feel free to correct me if I am mistaken, but NVDA is designed so
that a low vision user can use the mouse.
JAWS, on the other hand, is strictly for someone that is totally blind.
Therefore, it would be less likely to be able to navigate by the mouse.











Re: NVDA and sounds

Sile
 

And if it was around now, you would probably need to use two-factor :)


--Sile

On 2/14/2019 3:27 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
You know this brings me right back to university in my os class.

We were talking about security and all the hacking of late and someone asked if there was such a thing as a secure os.

Surprisingly, there was, but every action, needed a password, when you hit enter on anything you needed to varify it was you doing it.

The users didn't like it, it didn't go anywhere.

Back to sounds, I don't think you would like it if everything had a sound.

I had something like this on google chrome once.

In waterfox, nav sounds happen whenever pages move, complete, you type, or do things.

I don't need all those annoying noises download complete, nav start, popups, a few notifications.

Now I guess nav complete and a few others if you were on dialup would be nice but really.

I think you would get really annoyed if every action you pushed resulted in a beep from the pc.

Especially with how some soundcards process stuff.

For example, on my entertainment workstation due to its really mega power, the sound drivers filter the amp.

On headphones you get full power but on speakers its filtered.

Thats fine to play music, or speech, but you start putting more than 1-2 sounds at once you start having issues.

Now I do have some cards without that restriction.

And the reason they have such a restriction on the internals crappy that it may get at times is if you play it raw without some adjustments to the sound or volume, it really doesn't sound good and could damage your ears or the hardware.

Now it can be done, you may be able to run speech like that, but may not other things.

Sounds may have different volumes, some stuff can be louder than speech, I have seen my music be overwealmed by the speech and vice versa.

In fact its more the other way round.

Now if you had different things going through different cards and better still different speakers that would be fine but still.

Point is I wouldn't unnecesarily have sounds playing that could conflict with other sounds.

So for example while I am doing serious work I don't play music, if I do, I turn it down so it doesn't interfier with my sound.

That means I don't usually hear it and with the powerfull box I have now the sound cutouts trip so I need to plug it to a speaker anyway.

If I listen to a podcast or something, the idea is to focus solely on that audio without interuption at least I have always found it better.

Now for a while before sound cards got chipped to boards you were able to get away with a few of these things but I have had users blow their cards, and or speakers as a result of running to many things, I have friends blow their ears etc just by running to many things even though volume wasn't particularly loud.

On the later chipped systems till 2013 when they started tieing it to display cards you could still get away with it.

In fact on win7, you probably could get away with most of this sort of thing.

Win10 isn't going to get you like that.

There are some things it simply won't let you do out of design or safety or something.

Certain things that go against bits of its security or quality rules.

There are vary few things that it outright refuses without a lot of doodling about but well its just not a good idea.

Now in the case of sound if you want to risk it, you can probably get away with well not using your linked drivers and just a ms driver, but as long as you never need headphones or need to use anything bar internal speakers and even then, you may or may not be ok, you take the risk.

Now if you happen to be on a standard non powerfull entertainment workstation that needs enhancements due to crappy sound output you may be fine, you may even get away with it but I wouldn't.




On 14/02/2019 10:15 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
At the risk of being too frivolous, the old Victor Borge comedy skit where he proposes that every punctuation mark should have a sound when being read is worth a listen. It will be on Youtube if you have not encountered it before. Its very old, he has been dead for years. Ahead of his time.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "marcio via Groups.Io" <marcinhorj21=yahoo.com.br@groups.io>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2019 12:35 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and sounds


LOL it really would be sooo funny to have something like that in NVDA!

Cheers,
Marcio
Follow me on Twitter <https://twitter.com/firirinfonfon>

Em 13/02/2019 22:34, Chris Shook escreveu:
Here's how it works with JAWS.
1. Go to dictionary manager.
2. Press Shit control D. THis will open the default dictionary manager.
3. CLick on the add button.

4. Go to the actual world field.
5. Type the word in the actual word field.
6. Tab to the select sound button.
7. Go to the list of sounds that come up.
8 When you find the sound you want, click enter.
9. If you want to test the sound press the play button.
10. If you like the sound, press control S to save the changes.
11. Exit the dictionary.

The sounds are various. My personal favorite one was starter pistol.










Re: is there a way to label unlabeled buttons using NVDA?

hurrikennyandopo ...
 

Hi


Just looked at I am sure it is the ticket for it and does not seem to be any movement on it.


The link to the ticket is https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/2111

If you read through the different sections it seemed like there was some thing done but because it might be a hit to speed etc i do not think it went much further.


Actually there was a thing that come across the list that is important to do work on was this in the list? maybe it could be commented on or why it should come up the ladder more or is it closed now.


Gene nz


On 15/02/2019 9:37 AM, molly the blind tech lover wrote:

Thanks 😀

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of hurrikennyandopo ...
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2019 3:06 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] is there a way to label unlabeled buttons using NVDA?

 

Hi

 

 

No there is not at present.

A few years back I was sure some one made one but was not in a add on format and after time it disappeared. this was before the time of the add on page now.

 

May be the nearest one would be the golden cursor.

 

That add on lets you drive the mouse with your arrow keys with 2 others. But there is a thing in it called hot points I think it is called.

 

If i remember right you move the mouse to the area that is not labled do a new label then save it. It will then say the name of what ever it is.

 

But you say for a example in my old scanner program I could not tab to any of those buttons that would do certain things with the scanner. I would bring up the list of say that were labeled in that scanner program pick one of them and then it would route the mouse to that area and then i would activate it for it say to scan etc depending what it done.

 

But at that time you need a sighted person to do that.

 

It would do it for that program but you could do it for others

 

Not sure if it would let you do that in your game?

 

I know on my android phone it will let me llabel stuff but i am swiping not tabbing to those areas like in windows.

 

Give it a whirl it might do the job for you.

 

I know there is a ticket so it can label stuff but do not think i have seen any one touch it lately.

 

Gene nz

 

On 15/02/2019 4:21 AM, molly the blind tech lover wrote:

Hey guys, molly here again.

Is there a way to label unlabeled buttons with NVDA? I downloaded an app and when I swipe using the touchscreen or navigate with the keyboard NVDA just says button, button.the app is a collection of text adventure games.  and while the game’s are accessible, the titles of the games in the games library  aren’t labeled.

Any help will be greatly appreciated 😊

Thanks.

 

Molly

--

Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net
 
Regardless of where you are in New Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can use a copy of the NVDA screen reader on one of their computers. To find out which location (or locations) are nearest to you please visit http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries (Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa).
To find out which software is installed on the APNK network please visit the following link http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.info/faq/software To find out how to use NVDA on APNK computers please visit the following link http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.info/faq/nvda
 

To find out which software is available on the Christchurch City Library network, and how to start the NVDA screen reader, please go to the following links. Software available  https://my.christchurchcitylibraries.com/faq/computers/#faq_5884  How to start the NVDA screen reader on Christchurch City Library computers  https://my.christchurchcitylibraries.com/faqs/what-screen-reader-software-is-available/
 
To find an NVDA certified expert near you, please visit the following link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The certification page contains the official list of NVDA certified individuals from around the world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert exam.


--
Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net
 
Regardless of where you are in New Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can use a copy of the NVDA screen reader on one of their computers. To find out which location (or locations) are nearest to you please visit http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries (Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa).
To find out which software is installed on the APNK network please visit the following link http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.info/faq/software To find out how to use NVDA on APNK computers please visit the following link http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.info/faq/nvda
 

To find out which software is available on the Christchurch City Library network, and how to start the NVDA screen reader, please go to the following links. Software available  https://my.christchurchcitylibraries.com/faq/computers/#faq_5884  How to start the NVDA screen reader on Christchurch City Library computers  https://my.christchurchcitylibraries.com/faqs/what-screen-reader-software-is-available/
 
To find an NVDA certified expert near you, please visit the following link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The certification page contains the official list of NVDA certified individuals from around the world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert exam.


Re: NVDA and spreadsheets

Rui Fontes
 

Hello!

NVDA menu, Preferences, Options, Document formatation, anounce cell address, or something like this...

Rui Fontes


Às 20:01 de 14/02/2019, Chris Shook escreveu:

Hi,
I was preparing for my presentation tomorrow and I noticed an issue with NVDA.
When using JAWS with Microsoft excell it will read the letter and number of the row and colums in the spreadsheet.
NVDA on the other hand, will not do so. It just says cell.
Is there a setting to fix this?
THanks in advance.


Re: is there a way to label unlabeled buttons using NVDA?

AKH AKH
 

Hi Gene


I wonder if I could use the golden Cursor you mention to get me to a timeline in a video editing app on windows 10?


Andrew


On 14/02/2019 20:06, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:

Hi



No there is not at present.

A few years back I was sure some one made one but was not in a add on format and after time it disappeared. this was before the time of the add on page now.


May be the nearest one would be the golden cursor.


That add on lets you drive the mouse with your arrow keys with 2 others. But there is a thing in it called hot points I think it is called.


If i remember right you move the mouse to the area that is not labled do a new label then save it. It will then say the name of what ever it is.


But you say for a example in my old scanner program I could not tab to any of those buttons that would do certain things with the scanner. I would bring up the list of say that were labeled in that scanner program pick one of them and then it would route the mouse to that area and then i would activate it for it say to scan etc depending what it done.


But at that time you need a sighted person to do that.


It would do it for that program but you could do it for others


Not sure if it would let you do that in your game?


I know on my android phone it will let me llabel stuff but i am swiping not tabbing to those areas like in windows.


Give it a whirl it might do the job for you.


I know there is a ticket so it can label stuff but do not think i have seen any one touch it lately.


Gene nz


On 15/02/2019 4:21 AM, molly the blind tech lover wrote:

Hey guys, molly here again.

Is there a way to label unlabeled buttons with NVDA? I downloaded an app and when I swipe using the touchscreen or navigate with the keyboard NVDA just says button, button.the app is a collection of text adventure games.  and while the game’s are accessible, the titles of the games in the games library  aren’t labeled.

Any help will be greatly appreciated 😊

Thanks.

 

Molly

--
Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net
 
Regardless of where you are in New Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can use a copy of the NVDA screen reader on one of their computers. To find out which location (or locations) are nearest to you please visit http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries (Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa).
To find out which software is installed on the APNK network please visit the following link http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.info/faq/software To find out how to use NVDA on APNK computers please visit the following link http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.info/faq/nvda
 

To find out which software is available on the Christchurch City Library network, and how to start the NVDA screen reader, please go to the following links. Software available  https://my.christchurchcitylibraries.com/faq/computers/#faq_5884  How to start the NVDA screen reader on Christchurch City Library computers  https://my.christchurchcitylibraries.com/faqs/what-screen-reader-software-is-available/
 
To find an NVDA certified expert near you, please visit the following link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The certification page contains the official list of NVDA certified individuals from around the world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert exam.


Virus-free. www.avg.com


Re: NVDA and spreadsheets

Mike Sedmak
 

Which version of NVDA and excel are you using?

I would start by double checking nvda settings -> document formatting
make sure cell position is coordinates is checked.
I can replicate your issue if I uncheck that item

Thanks,
Mike

On 2/14/19, Chris Shook <chris0309@sero.email> wrote:
Hi,
I was preparing for my presentation tomorrow and I noticed an issue with
NVDA.
When using JAWS with Microsoft excell it will read the letter and
number of the row and colums in the spreadsheet.
NVDA on the other hand, will not do so. It just says cell.
Is there a setting to fix this?
THanks in advance.




Re: Problems With NVDA

Richard Wells
 

Android and Windows do provide means to boost physical ram. This is not storage, it is basically a virtual swap file except on solid state media.

On 2/14/2019 11:46 AM, Travis Siegel wrote:
It doesn't matter what os you're talking about, sd cards do not provide ram.  Ram is the space where actively executing programs live.  This only happens in RAM.  Sd cards provide storage, this is where saved programs, data for applications, and other downlaoded content such as music files reside.  Too often these days, memory is used interchangeably with storage, and that
is missleading at best, and downright dangerous at worst when someone thinks they have more memory than they do, and run a program thinking it will work because they have so much memory, only to find out that the device crashes because it's overtaxed and the memory is full.  Don't make the mistake of confusing memory with storage, they're completely separate items, and the computer industry isn't doing anybody any favors by referring to both as if they were the same thing.

 On Thu, 14 Feb 2019, Brian K. Lingard wrote:

Dear Ibrahim Ajayi && List:
Some Android telephones can increase their working RAM with an SD card, however, if your computer is a laptop, the SD card will normally only provide storage for files, not increase the working RAM.

To upgrade the RAM,, you need to first check with the laptop maker as to the maximum RAM it Can address. Then review your RAM chips, often in a compartment under the laptop. If all slots are full, you need to replace the presently installed RAM with larger RAM chips. You unclip the present Rams, set them aside, and plug in the new RAM. Upon power-up,, the PC will be using the new RAM which should make programs run a bit faster ESPECIALLY IF several are running at once or you are editing huge files, such as audio recordings.
I trust this explains the difference between what an SD card and RAM chips will do to the laptop.
Brian K. Lingard VE3YI, Ab2JI, B. A., C. T. M.


Re: is there a way to label unlabeled buttons using NVDA?

molly the blind tech lover
 

Thanks 😀

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of hurrikennyandopo ...
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2019 3:06 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] is there a way to label unlabeled buttons using NVDA?

 

Hi

 

 

No there is not at present.

A few years back I was sure some one made one but was not in a add on format and after time it disappeared. this was before the time of the add on page now.

 

May be the nearest one would be the golden cursor.

 

That add on lets you drive the mouse with your arrow keys with 2 others. But there is a thing in it called hot points I think it is called.

 

If i remember right you move the mouse to the area that is not labled do a new label then save it. It will then say the name of what ever it is.

 

But you say for a example in my old scanner program I could not tab to any of those buttons that would do certain things with the scanner. I would bring up the list of say that were labeled in that scanner program pick one of them and then it would route the mouse to that area and then i would activate it for it say to scan etc depending what it done.

 

But at that time you need a sighted person to do that.

 

It would do it for that program but you could do it for others

 

Not sure if it would let you do that in your game?

 

I know on my android phone it will let me llabel stuff but i am swiping not tabbing to those areas like in windows.

 

Give it a whirl it might do the job for you.

 

I know there is a ticket so it can label stuff but do not think i have seen any one touch it lately.

 

Gene nz

 

On 15/02/2019 4:21 AM, molly the blind tech lover wrote:

Hey guys, molly here again.

Is there a way to label unlabeled buttons with NVDA? I downloaded an app and when I swipe using the touchscreen or navigate with the keyboard NVDA just says button, button.the app is a collection of text adventure games.  and while the game’s are accessible, the titles of the games in the games library  aren’t labeled.

Any help will be greatly appreciated 😊

Thanks.

 

Molly

--

Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net
 
Regardless of where you are in New Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can use a copy of the NVDA screen reader on one of their computers. To find out which location (or locations) are nearest to you please visit http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries (Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa).
To find out which software is installed on the APNK network please visit the following link http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.info/faq/software To find out how to use NVDA on APNK computers please visit the following link http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.info/faq/nvda
 

To find out which software is available on the Christchurch City Library network, and how to start the NVDA screen reader, please go to the following links. Software available  https://my.christchurchcitylibraries.com/faq/computers/#faq_5884  How to start the NVDA screen reader on Christchurch City Library computers  https://my.christchurchcitylibraries.com/faqs/what-screen-reader-software-is-available/
 
To find an NVDA certified expert near you, please visit the following link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The certification page contains the official list of NVDA certified individuals from around the world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert exam.



Re: Problems With NVDA

 

Well, the commen issues are ram, dust, environment like heat in certain places, clogged or broken fans, and heat syncs needing regreasing.

I have had systems where part of the boards have failed.

Then I have had things break, power supplies are things that can break enough that they just don't work.

I have also had boards catch on fire on hard drives rendering them useless.

In fact, I had a power supply blow on me and the only reason I knew it had blown was I had been in the same room where it was at the time.

I have had a powerstrip blow on me to and the only reason I knew it had blown apart from the obvious was when I shook it.



On 14/02/2019 11:29 PM, Gene wrote:
At this point, however, there is no reason to believe memory has anything to do with the problem.  Firefox and Internet Explorer don't use more memory than Chrome.  If memory were that scarce, that running a different browser, even if it used a little more, would cause problems, then you would have lots of problems with other programs because you would be on the verge of running out of RAM in general.  RAM is one of the most misunderstood components of computers and it is blamed often for problems that have nothing to do with RAM.  You can see how much RAM is being used if you want to see if it is the problem.  I don't know what version of Windows is being used so I won't describe how. 
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2019 4:05 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Problems With NVDA

Dear Ibrahim Ajayi && List:
Some Android telephones can increase their working RAM with an SD card, however, if your computer is a laptop, the SD card will normally only provide storage for files, not increase the working RAM.

To upgrade the RAM,, you need to first check with the laptop maker as to the maximum RAM it Can address. Then review your RAM chips, often in a compartment under the laptop. If all slots are full, you need to replace the presently installed RAM with larger RAM chips. You unclip the present Rams, set them aside, and plug in the new RAM. Upon power-up,, the PC will be using the new RAM which should make programs run a bit faster ESPECIALLY IF several are running at once or you are editing huge files, such as audio recordings.
I trust this explains the difference between what an SD card and RAM chips will do to the laptop.
Brian K. Lingard VE3YI, Ab2JI, B. A., C. T. M.
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Travis Siegel
Sent: February 7, 2019 11:28 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Problems With NVDA

umm, you're confusing ram and storage.  An SD card won't give you more ram, that will only provide more external storage.  swapping SD cards allows you to copy more files to those cards, but does nothing for your RAM, which is where programs run.  2GB is pretty low for any version of windows, except if you're using a tablet, there's not much you can do about it. If you're on a pc, it's (usually) easy to upgrade the ram in the computer, providing you have empty slots or the ram you have isn't maxed out.  Most machines can only take a limited amount of ram, and you need to know what that limit is before trying to upgrade the machine.
However, though I don't know for sure, it sounds to me like you're talking about a tablet, in which case, the ram isn't upgradable.

On 2/7/2019 7:05 PM, Ibrahim Ajayi wrote:
> Hello again:
> I thank all those who found time to respond to my issue.
> Brian, My GB Ram is a low grid.  It is just 2GB.  But even with that I
> don't have this problem with JAWS.  But as I said yesterday, chrome
> appears to be reasonably fine with the screen reader, although Firefox
> and internet explorer are almost unusable.
> I am thinking of increasing my GB ram with an SD Card.
> Regards.
> Ibrahim.
On 2/7/19, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
> <bglists@...> wrote:
>> Well I'd not go that far but it is faster on lower spec machines,
>> certainly.
>>   Brian
>>
>> bglists@...
>> Sent via blueyonder.
>> Please address personal E-mail to:-
>> briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
>> in the display name field.
>> From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@...>
>> To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
>> Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2019 8:36 AM
>> Subject: Re: [nvda] Problems With NVDA
>>
>>
>> Use Chrome, it is better than either Firefox or Internet Explorer.
>>
>> All the best
>>
>> Steve
>>
>> From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ibrahim
>> Ajayi
>> Sent: 07 February 2019 00:07
>> To: nvda@groups.io
>> Subject: [nvda] Problems With NVDA
>>
>> Hello:
>> I am having problems with my NVDA screen reader.
>> The screen reader is just too slow when I am browsing the internet.
>> When I am doing some other work like word processing or reading
>> documents off line, it is not slow.
>> This problem has nothing to do with the websites, as I don't have
>> this slow
>>
>> problems online with JAWS.  I use a demo copy of JAWS.
>> Secondly, when I visit a website, or even some times when I launch a
>> web browser like internet explorer or Firefox, I hear "internet
>> explorer unknown" or "Firefox unknown" and the screen goes quiet, and
>> when I press the arrow down key, that is what I keep hearing.  Some
>> times, when I am on a
>>
>> site, or trying to open a site, the screen reader crashes, and
>> disables the
>>
>> computer itself.  I just have to shut it down, and then restart it
>> all over
>>
>> again.
>> Does anyone understand the problem I am having with my NVDA screen reader?
>> I use windows7 32 bit on a laptop.
>> I have the latest update of the screen reader.
>> Hope to read a helpful response.
>> I am Ibrahim.





Re: NVDA and sounds

 

You know this brings me right back to university in my os class.

We were talking about security and all the hacking of late and someone asked if there was such a thing as a secure os.

Surprisingly, there was, but every action, needed a password, when you hit enter on anything you needed to varify it was you doing it.

The users didn't like it, it didn't go anywhere.

Back to sounds, I don't think you would like it if everything had a sound.

I had something like this on google chrome once.

In waterfox, nav sounds happen whenever pages move, complete, you type, or do things.

I don't need all those annoying noises download complete, nav start, popups, a few notifications.

Now I guess nav complete and a few others if you were on dialup would be nice but really.

I think you would get really annoyed if every action you pushed resulted in a beep from the pc.

Especially with how some soundcards process stuff.

For example, on my entertainment workstation due to its really mega power, the sound drivers filter the amp.

On headphones you get full power but on speakers its filtered.

Thats fine to play music, or speech, but you start putting more than 1-2 sounds at once you start having issues.

Now I do have some cards without that restriction.

And the reason they have such a restriction on the internals crappy that it may get at times is if you play it raw without some adjustments to the sound or volume, it really doesn't sound good and could damage your ears or the hardware.

Now it can be done, you may be able to run speech like that, but may not other things.

Sounds may have different volumes, some stuff can be louder than speech, I have seen my music be overwealmed by the speech and vice versa.

In fact its more the other way round.

Now if you had different things going through different cards and better still different speakers that would be fine but still.

Point is I wouldn't unnecesarily have sounds playing that could conflict with other sounds.

So for example while I am doing serious work I don't play music, if I do, I turn it down so it doesn't interfier with my sound.

That means I don't usually hear it and with the powerfull box I have now the sound cutouts trip so I need to plug it to a speaker anyway.

If I listen to a podcast or something, the idea is to focus solely on that audio without interuption at least I have always found it better.

Now for a while before sound cards got chipped to boards you were able to get away with a few of these things but I have had users blow their cards, and or speakers as a result of running to many things, I have friends blow their ears etc just by running to many things even though volume wasn't particularly loud.

On the later chipped systems till 2013 when they started tieing it to display cards you could still get away with it.

In fact on win7, you probably could get away with most of this sort of thing.

Win10 isn't going to get you like that.

There are some things it simply won't let you do out of design or safety or something.

Certain things that go against bits of its security or quality rules.

There are vary few things that it outright refuses without a lot of doodling about but well its just not a good idea.

Now in the case of sound if you want to risk it, you can probably get away with well not using your linked drivers and just a ms driver, but as long as you never need headphones or need to use anything bar internal speakers and even then, you may or may not be ok, you take the risk.

Now if you happen to be on a standard non powerfull entertainment workstation that needs enhancements due to crappy sound output you may be fine, you may even get away with it but I wouldn't.

On 14/02/2019 10:15 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
At the risk of being too frivolous, the old Victor Borge comedy skit where he proposes that every punctuation mark should have a sound when being read is worth a listen. It will be on Youtube if you have not encountered it before. Its very old, he has been dead for years. Ahead of his time.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "marcio via Groups.Io" <marcinhorj21=yahoo.com.br@groups.io>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2019 12:35 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and sounds


LOL it really would be sooo funny to have something like that in NVDA!

Cheers,
Marcio
Follow me on Twitter <https://twitter.com/firirinfonfon>

Em 13/02/2019 22:34, Chris Shook escreveu:
Here's how it works with JAWS.
1. Go to dictionary manager.
2. Press Shit control D. THis will open the default dictionary manager.
3. CLick on the add button.

4. Go to the actual world field.
5. Type the word in the actual word field.
6. Tab to the select sound button.
7. Go to the list of sounds that come up.
8 When you find the sound you want, click enter.
9. If you want to test the sound press the play button.
10. If you like the sound, press control S to save the changes.
11. Exit the dictionary.

The sounds are various. My personal favorite one was starter pistol.









Re: OCR and pdfs

JM Casey
 

Hmm, you’re probably right.

 

Then I don’t know, especially if you were using this function before and it usually works for you.

 

I’d happily try and do something with it if you want to send it over. I have Adobe pro on this machine which has its own oCR function.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dan Beaver
Sent: February 14, 2019 2:11 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] OCR and pdfs

 

Oh, I see what you were asking.

 

Well, this is a technical manual for a piece of electronics.  I doubt it would have too much printing that would be very ornamental or fancy but I could definitely be wrong about that.  I'll ask my wife how it looks.

 

Thanks.

 

Dan

On 2/14/2019 1:56 PM, JM Casey wrote:

Yeah, I understand that bit.

If it’s poorly printed, or uses a very strange ornamental font, you may not be able to get anything from it through oCR. If it’s images of handwriting you will also get nothing.

 

Maybe pass the file(s) to someone else and see what they can make of it?

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dan Beaver
Sent: February 14, 2019 1:33 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] OCR and pdfs

 

I do not know since it is a lot of pages that are scanned images instead of text entered directly into the document.

 

Dan

On 2/14/2019 1:16 PM, JM Casey wrote:

Not all text will oCR.

How is the text printed?

 

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dan Beaver
Sent: February 14, 2019 11:40 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] OCR and pdfs

 

HI,

 

I have a pdf that I really need to ocr.  I am trying to use the Windows ocr via nvda+r.   It says it is running the ocr but it comes back with nothing.  I know the page of the pdf has text so I am confused about why it isn't OCR ing the thing.

 

Any ideas?

 

Thanks.

 

-- 
Dan Beaver (KC4DOY)
-- 
Dan Beaver (KC4DOY)
-- 
Dan Beaver (KC4DOY)


Re: OCR and pdfs

JM Casey
 

Yes.

OCR is getting better all the time, but it still has lots of limitations.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chris Shook
Sent: February 14, 2019 2:18 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] OCR and pdfs

JM Casey,
Would these restrictions apply to all screen readers and OCR?


Re: Accessibility tips on this website would be appreciated

 

I am not sure about google, but you don't necessarily need to have descriptions for everything, of course its always a good idea, but there are a few ai toolkits about that can probably handle a lot of the boring stuff for you.

Now that doesn't lock you out of the loop completely just like a speech synth your ai is only as good as its database file, but even so, it is probably a bit better for your users if you describe things yourself when you can.

If not, you may get the gist of what something is in broken english sort of thing but its not as good is a human description.

At least right now.

On 14/02/2019 10:06 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Yes but intelligent alt tagging can help here. What I think he needs to know is if google have cracked it. Since I could not make any sense of their site either, I suspect its still a grey area. after all it is a bit like tactile maps. You need to be able to emboss them. Here we have a three d object and yet it has to be shoved down a serial one dimensional  channel and made sense of.The reason sight works is that its a wide band medium and one can see context, not just what is where the focus is. I often point out to web builders that they need to imagine they are viewing their site only through a long narrow tube like the centre of a toilet roll. No context of what you see is visible, and hence the person using the site is at a disadvantage, a bit like a fly in the middle of a maze who cannot fly over the hedges as his wings are broken.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Shook" <chris0309@samobile.net>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2019 5:17 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Accessibility tips on this website would be appreciated


Greg,
This is my experience. Other people may have a different one, but here it goes.
I am totally blind. As a general rule, no screen reader, whether free or commercial will describe pictures.
From what I've seen, a screen reader will only read the text around a graphic.




Re: Accessibility tips on this website would be appreciated

 

To be honest, flash is due to die.

Its old and unsafe and while I do load it on all the systems adobe is slating 2020 for its death.

Not sure when, but 2020 is when its supposed to be no more.

I guess we will know when it stops being supported when we get no more windows 10 updates for it, but html5 is the standard now.

I havn't seen many sites with pure flash.

Now, if you are a developer and want to still use flash, the recomended action is to use air which is flash html5, javascript java and a whole lot of extra stuff in a wrapper.

You can make websites but also compiled projects.

There is also flex in there to.

Air seems to be the standard adobe is pushing right now.

On 14/02/2019 9:55 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Basically then, if Flash is at all involved you are probably sunk.
The guy may be a genius, but I certainly think you might need to consider a simpler system for access users.
I've come across this sort of thing many times where there is no equivalent accessible way to  interact with the graphic content.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: <greg@photographyoptions.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2019 5:29 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Accessibility tips on this website would be appreciated


Hmmm. Jackie....I'm glad that you can see all that. The development program I'm using is called KR Pano and it was created by this guy in Austria named Klaus Reinfeld....who I think is a genius. It is based on his own javascript recipe with a flash fallback for machines with older graphics cards. It uses a unique type of .xml programming to incorporate all of this other content into the panoramas....like youtube videos, still image galleries, straight line video, etc. All of that extra stuff is cool....but it really complicates the screen reader accessibility because the screen reader focuses on the skin....or very outside of the spherical image which takes up the entire screen...and there is no easy way to penetrate into the panorama itself where there may be buttons or iframes that are embedded into inside wall of the panorama.
--
Greg Hosler

www.photographyoptions.com ( http://www.photographyoptions.com )

Greg@photographyoptions.com

865-774-9755