Date   

Re: Seeing AI for NVDA, Windows 10 or both?

Ron Canazzi
 

Yeah, what a breakthrough if you succeed in creating a new capcha solving add on.


Thanks for what you have done so far and e are all wishing the best for your continued involvement and development!

On 3/15/2019 7:44 AM, Mallard wrote:
I can't wait! If they're all this good, may you be blessed forever!


Ciao,

Ollie




Il 15/03/2019 12:29, Oliver Edholm ha scritto:
Awesome! Thank you for letting me know!

More add-ons are coming soon :)

On Fri, Mar 15, 2019 at 01:29 AM, Mallard wrote:

    Ah, so you're the author! No words are enough to thank you for
    this one!


    Ciao,

    Ollie




    Il 15/03/2019 07:42, Oliver Edholm ha scritto:

        I recently released something similar to what you're talking
        about,
        it's called "Image describer" and is an NVDA add-on. The
        shortcut to
        get a description for an image is NVDA+Control+I. The add-on
        can be
        downloaded at http://www.screenreader.ai/


--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"


Re: help

The Gamages
 

Hello Brian ,
 
Messagereceived and understood.
One last point, if I had not clicked on the link in the original message from Broups IO, I would not have received any of the subsequent helpful mesages from list members, so, if just one person has been forwarned  and can now confidently click on such a link, all this has served a purpose.
Now I will go away and leave you all in peace.
 
Best Regards, Jim.
 

Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2019 5:38 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] help
 
Jim,

           No problem, really.  Everyone's a neophyte at something at one time or another.

           But take Gene's point to heart, too, and not just here.  For something like this, including a copy of the link received can help others who want to help you.  Sometimes just by seeing a link one can get a very good idea of whether it's legit or not just from having dealt with this sort of stuff for a very long time.

            Requests for assistance with problems related to the group itself are definitely allowed (nay, encouraged) when issues arise.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763  

A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

 

 


Re: image describer addon for NVDA

Oliver Edholm
 

Thank you for the response!

You're correct in that it's hosted on the cloud, but the costs are minor. This add-on will be for free forever, I'm covering the costs from my own pocket.

Will eventually do things like labelling of web elements and captcha solving on demand through crowdsourcing that'll be more cost intensive, there I don't know how to make those applications financially feasible without some sort of subscription or freemium model. :/


Re: Seeing AI for NVDA, Windows 10 or both?

Mallard
 

I can't wait! If they're all this good, may you be blessed forever!


Ciao,

Ollie

Il 15/03/2019 12:29, Oliver Edholm ha scritto:
Awesome! Thank you for letting me know!

More add-ons are coming soon :)

On Fri, Mar 15, 2019 at 01:29 AM, Mallard wrote:

Ah, so you're the author! No words are enough to thank you for
this one!


Ciao,

Ollie




Il 15/03/2019 07:42, Oliver Edholm ha scritto:

I recently released something similar to what you're talking
about,
it's called "Image describer" and is an NVDA add-on. The
shortcut to
get a description for an image is NVDA+Control+I. The add-on
can be
downloaded at http://www.screenreader.ai/


Re: image describer addon for NVDA

Oliver Edholm
 

Hi!

Right now I'm not storing any of the images for privacy reasons. The descriptions are going to get better though, eventually the add-on will also do face detection, emotion recognition, icon classification and some sort of OCR.

Regarding videos I'd love to know more about the use case, it's doable from a technical standpoint. I'm reachable at oliver.edholm[at]gmail.com.


Re: image describer addon for NVDA

Oliver Edholm
 

Hi! Funny you said, I'm actually working on an NVDA add-on to solve captchas by connecting to an anti captcha service right now... The current Image Describer add-on will probably not solve the captchas though.

It'll be for free if you solve under a certain amount of captchas per day, would love to have some test users before I release anything though, please contact at oliver.edholm[at]gmail.com if you're interested.


Re: image describer addon for NVDA

Oliver Edholm
 

Hi, it's Oliver, the author of this add-on!

Awesome that you like it! If you have any suggestions for improvements or ideas for other add-ons don't hesitate to contact me at oliver.edholm[at]gmail.com


On Thu, Mar 14, 2019 at 04:27 PM, David Moore wrote:

Hi Gene!

Thank you so much!

I can’t wait until I can try this add-on!

I would love to hear my pictures described.

I have wanted this for a long time!

NVDA gives me a present so often, because of all of these great add-ons LOL!

Thanks!

David Moore

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: hurrikennyandopo ...
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2019 6:49 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] image describer addon for NVDA

 

Hi

 

Until it goes up on the nvda community website I can add it to my website or at least a link to the page and the short cut to start it so more people can take it as they say for a test drive.

I will link it off the nvda add ons page on my website at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net

For more people to try it out  the add on author should have it put on the add on website and see what you have to do to meet its criteria.

Just been playing around with it to see what it says on images etc seems to work well. I might even try it on home photoes etc to see what it says and what is in it. My wife is usually good and gives a description of who or what it is as in naming the photo etc.

I noticed also if it is named it gives you other descriptions of what is in the image.

 

I will do this in the next day or so.

As in adding it to my website until it is approved.

 

Gene nz

 

On 15/03/2019 10:56 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:

I installed it, but have not played with it.  It absolutely does show up in Add-On Manager if it is actually installed.

I will repeat the link to the reddit page that describes the add-on.  There is a link there to its download page:  https://www.reddit.com/r/Blind/comments/b11tcr/image_describer_nvda_addon/

--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763  

A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

 

 

--

Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net
 
Regardless of where you are in New Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can use a copy of the NVDA screen reader on one of their computers. To find out which location (or locations) are nearest to you please visit http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries (Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa).
To find out which software is installed on the APNK network please visit the following link http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.info/faq/software To find out how to use NVDA on APNK computers please visit the following link http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.info/faq/nvda
 

To find out which software is available on the Christchurch City Library network, and how to start the NVDA screen reader, please go to the following links. Software available  https://my.christchurchcitylibraries.com/faq/computers/#faq_5884  How to start the NVDA screen reader on Christchurch City Library computers  https://my.christchurchcitylibraries.com/faqs/what-screen-reader-software-is-available/
 
To find an NVDA certified expert near you, please visit the following link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The certification page contains the official list of NVDA certified individuals from around the world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert exam.


 

 


Re: image describer addon for NVDA

Oliver Edholm
 

Hi! 

If you're willing to put on the website that'd be awesome, more add-ons are coming soon as well!

A review is currently going on at https://nvda-addons.groups.io/g/nvda-addons/topic/automatic_alt_text/30298349?p=,,,20,0,0,0::recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,20,2,0,30298349

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me at oliver.edholm[at]gmail.com


On Thu, Mar 14, 2019 at 03:49 PM, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:

Hi

 

Until it goes up on the nvda community website I can add it to my website or at least a link to the page and the short cut to start it so more people can take it as they say for a test drive.

I will link it off the nvda add ons page on my website at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net

For more people to try it out  the add on author should have it put on the add on website and see what you have to do to meet its criteria.

Just been playing around with it to see what it says on images etc seems to work well. I might even try it on home photoes etc to see what it says and what is in it. My wife is usually good and gives a description of who or what it is as in naming the photo etc.

I noticed also if it is named it gives you other descriptions of what is in the image.

 

I will do this in the next day or so.

As in adding it to my website until it is approved.

 

Gene nz

 

On 15/03/2019 10:56 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
I installed it, but have not played with it.  It absolutely does show up in Add-On Manager if it is actually installed.

I will repeat the link to the reddit page that describes the add-on.  There is a link there to its download page:  https://www.reddit.com/r/Blind/comments/b11tcr/image_describer_nvda_addon/

--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763  

A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

 

 

--
Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net
 
Regardless of where you are in New Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can use a copy of the NVDA screen reader on one of their computers. To find out which location (or locations) are nearest to you please visit http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries (Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa).
To find out which software is installed on the APNK network please visit the following link http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.info/faq/software To find out how to use NVDA on APNK computers please visit the following link http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.info/faq/nvda
 

To find out which software is available on the Christchurch City Library network, and how to start the NVDA screen reader, please go to the following links. Software available  https://my.christchurchcitylibraries.com/faq/computers/#faq_5884  How to start the NVDA screen reader on Christchurch City Library computers  https://my.christchurchcitylibraries.com/faqs/what-screen-reader-software-is-available/
 
To find an NVDA certified expert near you, please visit the following link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The certification page contains the official list of NVDA certified individuals from around the world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert exam.


Re: μTorrent 3.5.4: NVDA does't read the name in the list of entries.

ChrisLeo
 

Thanks! The F2 key is very useful in this case.
Cheers,

Chris.

In reply to marcio via Groups.Io, 15/03/2019 11:54:

Actually this program has this little annoyance with NVDA, and I suspect
it does with any screen reader.

As a workaround, when you reach the point where NVDA reports about the
download in question, just press F2.

Yes, that's the command to rename a file, but doing it you'll be able to
see the current name of the download you're focused into and after
you're done with it you can just press esc to exit it without changing
the info on the field.


Hth



Cheers,
Marcio
AKA /Starboy/


Follow or add me on Facebook <https://facebook.com/firirinfonfon>

Em 15/03/2019 07:45, ChrisLeo escreveu:
Hi,
in the lists of entries, like Download or inSeeding etc., apears a
column for the names of each item in list.
NVDA reads from size column to the following columns, but not the
name of the selected entry.

Does anyone know about uTorrent settings more friendly for NVDA?

I'm using NVDA 2018.4.1 and last beta 2019.1BETA1, uTorrent 3.5.4
portable.

Thanks,


Re: Seeing AI for NVDA, Windows 10 or both?

Oliver Edholm
 

Awesome! Thank you for letting me know!

More add-ons are coming soon :)


On Fri, Mar 15, 2019 at 01:29 AM, Mallard wrote:
Ah, so you're the author! No words are enough to thank you for this one!


Ciao,

Ollie




Il 15/03/2019 07:42, Oliver Edholm ha scritto:
I recently released something similar to what you're talking about,
it's called "Image describer" and is an NVDA add-on. The shortcut to
get a description for an image is NVDA+Control+I. The add-on can be
downloaded at http://www.screenreader.ai/


Re: O.T.: I heard the news about New Zealand...

 

Salam every one.
i always condemn any terrorist attack in all over the world
and i always sincerely pray that we can see absolute peace, kindness,
mercy and love in the world very soon which are the message of Islam.
as always my signitures indicate, our prophet, prophet Mohammad,
(peace and blessings of Allah upon him and his household) are mercy
for the entire creation according to the holy Quran.
if someone is interested in studying Islam and what are the messages of Islam,
please see my answer in this link.
https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-best-things-about-Islam-even-non-Muslims-admire/answer/Zahra-Ayat-2

On 3/15/19, zahra ayat <nasrinkhaksar3@...> wrote:
thanks. please email me off list that i send my skype account for you
or chatting with email.
God bless you!

On 3/15/19, Shaun Everiss <@smeveriss> wrote:
Yes I have skype, but no I don't really care for skype 8, I needed it
for a job, but well timezones for me suck.

You can email me offlist and we can chat that way if you care to, and or
I can add you to skype and we can skype chat, trouble is I only have
time late at night and its almost to late right now.


The main reason I am up at midnight is because I am waiting for it to
cool down enough so I can go to bed.



On 16/03/2019 12:08 AM, zahra wrote:
hi shaun.
do you have still skype account?
i really wish to chat you on skype.

On 3/15/19, Shaun Everiss <@smeveriss> wrote:
Well we can throw this onto chat if you really care to which I don't
really right now.

There is one place I go but there are a lot of trolls about there that
just like drama, obviously if it appears on there I'll respond to it
but
I will not start a topic on agnet, what usually happens is that a lot
of
troublemakers start a flame war for no reason, so its better unless you
need to talk to shut your mouth because you won't get thanked for
opening it if they get interested in you.



On 15/03/2019 10:48 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Yes, seconded, Hate crime has no place in the world.
It shows stupidity and lack of understanding.
However, if people feel strongly, there are other platforms than this
one more suited to the debate.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mallard" <mallard@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, March 15, 2019 8:28 AM
Subject: [nvda] O.T.: I heard the news about New Zealand...


Hello friend from New Zealand,


I woke up to very sad news this morning.


I heard about the at least 40 killed and many injured people in
Christchurch, and my heart broke.


Please, embrace your country on my behalf.


These things open deep wounds in the entire community, whether we're
touch personally or not by the attacks.


My heart goes out to the victims' loved ones, and to the entire
country.


A big hug from the antipodes,


Ollie









--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali
--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali


Re: O.T.: I heard the news about New Zealand...

 

thanks. please email me off list that i send my skype account for you
or chatting with email.
God bless you!

On 3/15/19, Shaun Everiss <@smeveriss> wrote:
Yes I have skype, but no I don't really care for skype 8, I needed it
for a job, but well timezones for me suck.

You can email me offlist and we can chat that way if you care to, and or
I can add you to skype and we can skype chat, trouble is I only have
time late at night and its almost to late right now.


The main reason I am up at midnight is because I am waiting for it to
cool down enough so I can go to bed.



On 16/03/2019 12:08 AM, zahra wrote:
hi shaun.
do you have still skype account?
i really wish to chat you on skype.

On 3/15/19, Shaun Everiss <@smeveriss> wrote:
Well we can throw this onto chat if you really care to which I don't
really right now.

There is one place I go but there are a lot of trolls about there that
just like drama, obviously if it appears on there I'll respond to it but
I will not start a topic on agnet, what usually happens is that a lot of
troublemakers start a flame war for no reason, so its better unless you
need to talk to shut your mouth because you won't get thanked for
opening it if they get interested in you.



On 15/03/2019 10:48 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Yes, seconded, Hate crime has no place in the world.
It shows stupidity and lack of understanding.
However, if people feel strongly, there are other platforms than this
one more suited to the debate.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mallard" <mallard@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, March 15, 2019 8:28 AM
Subject: [nvda] O.T.: I heard the news about New Zealand...


Hello friend from New Zealand,


I woke up to very sad news this morning.


I heard about the at least 40 killed and many injured people in
Christchurch, and my heart broke.


Please, embrace your country on my behalf.


These things open deep wounds in the entire community, whether we're
touch personally or not by the attacks.


My heart goes out to the victims' loved ones, and to the entire
country.


A big hug from the antipodes,


Ollie








--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali


Re: O.T.: I heard the news about New Zealand...

 

Yes I have skype, but no I don't really care for skype 8, I needed it for a job, but well timezones for me suck.

You can email me offlist and we can chat that way if you care to, and or I can add you to skype and we can skype chat, trouble is I only have time late at night and its almost to late right now.


The main reason I am up at midnight is because I am waiting for it to cool down enough so I can go to bed.

On 16/03/2019 12:08 AM, zahra wrote:
hi shaun.
do you have still skype account?
i really wish to chat you on skype.

On 3/15/19, Shaun Everiss <@smeveriss> wrote:
Well we can throw this onto chat if you really care to which I don't
really right now.

There is one place I go but there are a lot of trolls about there that
just like drama, obviously if it appears on there I'll respond to it but
I will not start a topic on agnet, what usually happens is that a lot of
troublemakers start a flame war for no reason, so its better unless you
need to talk to shut your mouth because you won't get thanked for
opening it if they get interested in you.



On 15/03/2019 10:48 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Yes, seconded, Hate crime has no place in the world.
It shows stupidity and lack of understanding.
However, if people feel strongly, there are other platforms than this
one more suited to the debate.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mallard" <mallard@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, March 15, 2019 8:28 AM
Subject: [nvda] O.T.: I heard the news about New Zealand...


Hello friend from New Zealand,


I woke up to very sad news this morning.


I heard about the at least 40 killed and many injured people in
Christchurch, and my heart broke.


Please, embrace your country on my behalf.


These things open deep wounds in the entire community, whether we're
touch personally or not by the attacks.


My heart goes out to the victims' loved ones, and to the entire country.


A big hug from the antipodes,


Ollie







Re: O.T.: I heard the news about New Zealand...

 

hi shaun.
do you have still skype account?
i really wish to chat you on skype.

On 3/15/19, Shaun Everiss <@smeveriss> wrote:
Well we can throw this onto chat if you really care to which I don't
really right now.

There is one place I go but there are a lot of trolls about there that
just like drama, obviously if it appears on there I'll respond to it but
I will not start a topic on agnet, what usually happens is that a lot of
troublemakers start a flame war for no reason, so its better unless you
need to talk to shut your mouth because you won't get thanked for
opening it if they get interested in you.



On 15/03/2019 10:48 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Yes, seconded, Hate crime has no place in the world.
It shows stupidity and lack of understanding.
However, if people feel strongly, there are other platforms than this
one more suited to the debate.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mallard" <mallard@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, March 15, 2019 8:28 AM
Subject: [nvda] O.T.: I heard the news about New Zealand...


Hello friend from New Zealand,


I woke up to very sad news this morning.


I heard about the at least 40 killed and many injured people in
Christchurch, and my heart broke.


Please, embrace your country on my behalf.


These things open deep wounds in the entire community, whether we're
touch personally or not by the attacks.


My heart goes out to the victims' loved ones, and to the entire country.


A big hug from the antipodes,


Ollie








--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali


Re: O.T.: I heard the news about New Zealand...

 

Well we can throw this onto chat if you really care to which I don't really right now.

There is one place I go but there are a lot of trolls about there that just like drama, obviously if it appears on there I'll respond to it but I will not start a topic on agnet, what usually happens is that a lot of troublemakers start a flame war for no reason, so its better unless you need to talk to shut your mouth because you won't get thanked for opening it if they get interested in you.

On 15/03/2019 10:48 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Yes, seconded, Hate crime has no place in the world.
It shows stupidity and lack of understanding.
However,  if people feel strongly, there are other platforms than this one more suited to the debate.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mallard" <mallard@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, March 15, 2019 8:28 AM
Subject: [nvda] O.T.: I heard the news about New Zealand...


Hello friend from New Zealand,


I woke up to very sad news this morning.


I heard about the at least 40 killed and many injured people in Christchurch, and my heart broke.


Please, embrace your country on my behalf.


These things open deep wounds in the entire community, whether we're touch personally or not by the attacks.


My heart goes out to the victims' loved ones, and to the entire country.


A big hug from the antipodes,


Ollie






Re: μTorrent 3.5.4: NVDA does't read the name in the list of entries.

 

Actually this program has this little annoyance with NVDA, and I suspect it does with any screen reader.

As a workaround, when you reach the point where NVDA reports about the download in question, just press F2.

Yes, that's the command to rename a file, but doing it you'll be able to see the current name of the download you're focused into and after you're done with it you can just press esc to exit it without changing the info on the field.


Hth



Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy
Follow or add me on Facebook

Em 15/03/2019 07:45, ChrisLeo escreveu:

Hi,
in the lists of entries, like Download or inSeeding etc., apears a column for the names of each item in list.
NVDA reads from size column  to the following columns, but not the name of the selected entry.

Does anyone know    about uTorrent settings more friendly for NVDA?

I'm using NVDA 2018.4.1 and last beta 2019.1BETA1, uTorrent 3.5.4 portable.

Thanks,


Tone Master: Anyone remember this add-on?

 

Hi folks,

So, anyone remember of this one?

And even, anyone is using it right now?

I just downloaded it and did a small test file to start with, the result actually came out quite good if you ask me.

Now it would be even cooler if I could ever find a folder with files to put into the add-on or even if anyone wants to get into this adventure of making their own files with me.

So what you guys'd say? :)


--

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy
Follow or add me on Facebook


μTorrent 3.5.4: NVDA does't read the name in the list of entries.

ChrisLeo
 

Hi,
in the lists of entries, like Download or inSeeding etc., apears a column for the names of each item in list.
NVDA reads from size column to the following columns, but not the name of the selected entry.

Does anyone know about uTorrent settings more friendly for NVDA?

I'm using NVDA 2018.4.1 and last beta 2019.1BETA1, uTorrent 3.5.4 portable.

Thanks,
--
Chris.


Re: O.T.: I heard the news about New Zealand...

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

Yes, seconded, Hate crime has no place in the world.
It shows stupidity and lack of understanding.
However, if people feel strongly, there are other platforms than this one more suited to the debate.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mallard" <mallard@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, March 15, 2019 8:28 AM
Subject: [nvda] O.T.: I heard the news about New Zealand...


Hello friend from New Zealand,


I woke up to very sad news this morning.


I heard about the at least 40 killed and many injured people in Christchurch, and my heart broke.


Please, embrace your country on my behalf.


These things open deep wounds in the entire community, whether we're touch personally or not by the attacks.


My heart goes out to the victims' loved ones, and to the entire country.


A big hug from the antipodes,


Ollie



Re: image describer addon for NVDA

Devin Prater
 

It seems to be using Google's AI. If an image is too large, it feeds NVDA the HTML of that page saying the image is too large, or something like that.

 


From: nvda@nvda.groups.io on behalf of Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@...>
Sent: Friday, March 15, 2019 2:00 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] image describer addon for NVDA
 
What we need is some sort of cloud repository I'd imagine that would be
quite big.

What would you use and how much would it cost, I don't have the cash for
a major subscription as such, but I guess I could manage something like
1-2 bucks a month or something.



On 15/03/2019 7:36 PM, Lenron wrote:
> This is pretty cool. What I am wondering about is if you feed this
> thing pictures will it learn what items are and get better? Like a
> chair book car even car type would be nice. I would love this for many
> many pictures if it did that. Also it would be cool if machine
> learning could tell us what things are in non described videos. That
> will be the day.
>
> On 3/15/19, Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@...> wrote:
>> Hi Ivan,
>>
>>
>> Did you try it with capchas and if so how did it work?
>>
>>
>> On 3/14/2019 5:47 PM, Ivan pivac wrote:
>>> Hi Everyone,
>>>
>>>
>>> I installed the image app and found it worked extremely well. The
>>> download and installation was seemless.  Although I'll need to use it
>>> more, to establish its capabilities, my immediate impression is that
>>> the add on is a very useful tool for us.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>
>>>
>>> Ivan
>>>
>>> On 15/03/2019 10:35 AM, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:
>>>
>>>> hi
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> it also does not show under the nvda user configuration directory as
>>>> a add on either. so I am guessing it just did not install unless it
>>>> was compatible with this version.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Did any one get it to work in earlier versions of nvda? and if so how
>>>> did you do it?
>>>>
>>>> Was it just a matter of installing the add on and using the shortcut
>>>> or did you have to sign up so you could use it?
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> I did a while ago see reference to this add on which did have more
>>>> information but do not know where it has gone.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Gene nz
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On 15/03/2019 10:23 AM, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:
>>>>> Hi
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Just tried it. It does not show up under the add on manager as a add
>>>>> on so apart from the shortcut given on one of the pages there is no
>>>>> real way to see if there are any steps missed to make it work. it
>>>>> also does not show up any where else. has any one else got it to
>>>>> work? If it does work it will need to be updated so it works with
>>>>> the latest version of nvda.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> I just got to remember how to remove the ones with out it be shown
>>>>> in the add on manager. maybe more info can be found under the
>>>>> explore user configuration directory i think it is called.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Gene nz
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Gene nz
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> On 15/03/2019 6:24 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
>>>>>> On Thu, Mar 14, 2019 at 01:12 PM, abdul muhamin wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> https://www.reddit.com/r/Blind/comments/b11tcr/image_describer_nvda_addon/
>>>>>>
>>>>>> For some reason that link didn't "linkify" in your original
>>>>>> message, so I'm repeating it here.  The actual download page for
>>>>>> the add on is listed here: http://www.screenreader.ai/
>>>>>>
>>>>>> This topic is again giving me the chance to call on the powers that
>>>>>> be that control the NVDA Add-Ons pages to create a third one under
>>>>>> the hierarchy:  Community Developed but Unvetted.   There are scads
>>>>>> of NVDA Add-Ons that get mentioned in passing over time and I have
>>>>>> little doubt that a number of the individuals who've developed same
>>>>>> would jump at the chance to have their work listed in a central
>>>>>> repository just like the Stable Add-Ons and Add-Ons Under
>>>>>> Development pages at https://addons.nvda-project.org/index.en.html.
>>>>>>  It can be made perfectly clear by the chosen page title or text at
>>>>>> the top of said page that use of these add-ons is entirely "at your
>>>>>> own risk" and they have not passed any official vetting process.
>>>>>>  So many of them are just great, and work just fine.   A mechanism
>>>>>> on that page should also exist for reporting back if something has
>>>>>> broken, not because those maintaining the page will fix the add-on
>>>>>> itself, but it might be noted and/or delisted entirely if that
>>>>>> persists.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> --
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Brian *-*Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763
>>>>>>
>>>>>> */A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when
>>>>>> the need for illusion is deep./*
>>>>>>
>>>>>>           ~ Saul Bellow, /To Jerusalem and Back/
>>>>>>
>>>>> --
>>>>> Image NVDA certified expert
>>>>> Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related
>>>>> material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net
>>>>>
>>>>> Regardless of where you are in New Zealand if you are near one of
>>>>> the APNK sites you can use a copy of the NVDA screen reader on one
>>>>> of their computers. To find out which location (or locations) are
>>>>> nearest to you please visit
>>>>> http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries
>>>>> (Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa). To find out which software is
>>>>> installed on the APNK network please visit the following
>>>>> linkhttp://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.info/faq/software To find out
>>>>> how to use NVDA on APNK computers please visit the following
>>>>> linkhttp://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.info/faq/nvda
>>>>>
>>>>> To find out which software is available on the Christchurch City
>>>>> Library network, and how to start the NVDA screen reader, please go
>>>>> to the following links. Software available
>>>>> https://my.christchurchcitylibraries.com/faq/computers/#faq_5884How
>>>>> to start the NVDA screen reader on Christchurch City Library
>>>>> computers
>>>>> https://my.christchurchcitylibraries.com/faqs/what-screen-reader-software-is-available/
>>>>>
>>>>> To find an NVDA certified expert near you, please visit the
>>>>> following link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The
>>>>> certification page contains the official list of NVDA certified
>>>>> individuals from around the world, who have sat and successfully
>>>>> passed the NVDA expert exam.
>>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> Image NVDA certified expert
>>>> Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related
>>>> material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net
>>>>
>>>> Regardless of where you are in New Zealand if you are near one of the
>>>> APNK sites you can use a copy of the NVDA screen reader on one of
>>>> their computers. To find out which location (or locations) are
>>>> nearest to you please visit
>>>> http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries
>>>> (Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa). To find out which software is
>>>> installed on the APNK network please visit the following
>>>> linkhttp://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.info/faq/software To find out
>>>> how to use NVDA on APNK computers please visit the following
>>>> linkhttp://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.info/faq/nvda
>>>>
>>>> To find out which software is available on the Christchurch City
>>>> Library network, and how to start the NVDA screen reader, please go
>>>> to the following links. Software available
>>>> https://my.christchurchcitylibraries.com/faq/computers/#faq_5884How
>>>> to start the NVDA screen reader on Christchurch City Library
>>>> computers
>>>> https://my.christchurchcitylibraries.com/faqs/what-screen-reader-software-is-available/
>>>>
>>>> To find an NVDA certified expert near you, please visit the following
>>>> link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The certification page
>>>> contains the official list of NVDA certified individuals from around
>>>> the world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert exam.
>>>>
>>> --
>>>
>> --
>> They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
>> They ask: "How Happy are You?"
>> I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>