Date   

Re: NVDA moving to Python 3

Sarah k Alawami
 

You mean the 3 I misspelled lol! Yeah I forgot they would have different languages lol!

Take care and be blessed.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. This is also our libsyn page as well.
For stuff we sell, mac training materials and  tutorials go here.
and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

Our telegram channel is also a good place for an announce only in regard to podcasts, contests, etc.

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on youtube, twitch and mixer. Thanks Restream staff.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 29 Jul 2019, at 16:49, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,

Different languages will have different voices. The three mentioned by Sarah is for American English.

Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sarah k Alawami
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2019 4:48 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA moving to Python 3

 

Windows 1 core Katherine? I only have mark, david and ziera.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. This is also our libsyn page as well.
For stuff we sell, mac training materials and  tutorials go here.
and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

Our telegram channel is also a good place for an announce only in regard to podcasts, contests, etc.

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on youtube, twitch and mixer. Thanks Restream staff.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 29 Jul 2019, at 16:40, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,

Yes. In fact, Windows OneCore was the first speech synthesizer to become compatible with Python 3.
Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of molly the blind tech lover
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2019 4:38 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA moving to Python 3

 

Will the windows OneCore Microsoft Catherine voice work with python 3?

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shaun Everiss
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2019 1:25 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA moving to Python 3

 

I wouldn't bother with anny synth addons to be honest.

If you can afford it I'd use their sapi equivilants.

You are not locked down to one particular program, and they can be used anywhere you want.

While I have vocaliser, its a nice high quality but slow crappy synth for normal use.

Its good for gaming where its needed, and book reading and things like that.

On the other side something like espeak, is low quality, fast responding, high performance, but crappy sounding.

Its good for games without stories, documentation reading, email, brousing the web, doing administration and running virtual machines and things where I don't care what I am hearing or if it sounds good just that I am getting correct information.

I suppose with the powerfull system I have I could run vocaliser constantly but it may not be what I want all day long.

Pluss in a situation where something crashes or goes down or something breaks, I could be stuck with no speech because the net failed, or bit of windows went or something else fails.

The only way for me to get things back would either be a full reformat or killing configurations.

I have found that when I have relied on some stuff like this in the past that when it fails, you have nothing to fall back on.

A reformat fixes it as it always does, however as a result of being bitten to many times, for general purpose and we are talking general purpose, I would prefur crappy low quality but readable information rather than high quality readable but unstable information.

Also until recently any high quality anything is a performance drag.

I know several on xp and lower specked systems that can't afford any upgrades at all.

And even for those that do, they get the cheapest options which may be a few generations lower than current.

I have tried to run high quality on systems for general use and even when it has worked even if the system does not crash, even if it works floorlessly without me having to reformat to get speech back the load time is insane and so is responce time when I press a key.

I know with espeak that I am garanteed speech, crappy that it is.

And I am garanteed information in a readable format.

It may not sound that nice but I can read it.

In my line of work as admin and tester, I don't care if the information is sounding good or not just that I am getting it.

 If I am reading a book or playing an advanced flight game or something like that then of course I do.

I guess if your job is a translater or transcriber, high quality speech would be something you would have to use on a regular basis.

However you would have the hardware and software to support you or at least I do hope so.

I have friends some in the church, some in jobs that have never been able to afford the more expensive tech ever in their lives and get cast offs only.

Some are even used to it.

 

 

On 30/07/2019 4:48 AM, Josh Kennedy wrote:

I am going to buy the eloquence/vocalizer NVDA-addon on Friday. I hope that it will work with python3 when the time comes. Since I get extra social security in the united states now, these voices are easily affordable for me. I want the legal versions of voices because I am hoping that the legal eloquence and legal vocalizer will be updated to python3 whereas unsupported illegal stuff which is unsupported may just plain break and not work. Right now I am using sapi5 eloquence from codeFactory until this Friday when I can register the eloquence/vocalizer codeFactory addon. 


Re: NVDA moving to Python 3

molly the blind tech lover
 

There’s also Hazel ☺ You will have to download and install the language pack.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sarah k Alawami
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2019 7:48 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA moving to Python 3

 

Windows 1 core Katherine? I only have mark, david and ziera.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. This is also our libsyn page as well.
For stuff we sell, mac training materials and  tutorials go here.
and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

Our telegram channel is also a good place for an announce only in regard to podcasts, contests, etc.

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on youtube, twitch and mixer. Thanks Restream staff.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 29 Jul 2019, at 16:40, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,

Yes. In fact, Windows OneCore was the first speech synthesizer to become compatible with Python 3.
Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of molly the blind tech lover
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2019 4:38 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA moving to Python 3

 

Will the windows OneCore Microsoft Catherine voice work with python 3?

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shaun Everiss
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2019 1:25 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA moving to Python 3

 

I wouldn't bother with anny synth addons to be honest.

If you can afford it I'd use their sapi equivilants.

You are not locked down to one particular program, and they can be used anywhere you want.

While I have vocaliser, its a nice high quality but slow crappy synth for normal use.

Its good for gaming where its needed, and book reading and things like that.

On the other side something like espeak, is low quality, fast responding, high performance, but crappy sounding.

Its good for games without stories, documentation reading, email, brousing the web, doing administration and running virtual machines and things where I don't care what I am hearing or if it sounds good just that I am getting correct information.

I suppose with the powerfull system I have I could run vocaliser constantly but it may not be what I want all day long.

Pluss in a situation where something crashes or goes down or something breaks, I could be stuck with no speech because the net failed, or bit of windows went or something else fails.

The only way for me to get things back would either be a full reformat or killing configurations.

I have found that when I have relied on some stuff like this in the past that when it fails, you have nothing to fall back on.

A reformat fixes it as it always does, however as a result of being bitten to many times, for general purpose and we are talking general purpose, I would prefur crappy low quality but readable information rather than high quality readable but unstable information.

Also until recently any high quality anything is a performance drag.

I know several on xp and lower specked systems that can't afford any upgrades at all.

And even for those that do, they get the cheapest options which may be a few generations lower than current.

I have tried to run high quality on systems for general use and even when it has worked even if the system does not crash, even if it works floorlessly without me having to reformat to get speech back the load time is insane and so is responce time when I press a key.

I know with espeak that I am garanteed speech, crappy that it is.

And I am garanteed information in a readable format.

It may not sound that nice but I can read it.

In my line of work as admin and tester, I don't care if the information is sounding good or not just that I am getting it.

 If I am reading a book or playing an advanced flight game or something like that then of course I do.

I guess if your job is a translater or transcriber, high quality speech would be something you would have to use on a regular basis.

However you would have the hardware and software to support you or at least I do hope so.

I have friends some in the church, some in jobs that have never been able to afford the more expensive tech ever in their lives and get cast offs only.

Some are even used to it.

 

 

On 30/07/2019 4:48 AM, Josh Kennedy wrote:

I am going to buy the eloquence/vocalizer NVDA-addon on Friday. I hope that it will work with python3 when the time comes. Since I get extra social security in the united states now, these voices are easily affordable for me. I want the legal versions of voices because I am hoping that the legal eloquence and legal vocalizer will be updated to python3 whereas unsupported illegal stuff which is unsupported may just plain break and not work. Right now I am using sapi5 eloquence from codeFactory until this Friday when I can register the eloquence/vocalizer codeFactory addon. 


Re: NVDA moving to Python 3

Quentin Christensen
 

OneCore Catherine is, from memory, one of the English (Australian) voices.  If you install different languages (including variants, eg English (Irish), English (Canadian), etc, and the speech packs, you get additional OneCore voices with those accents.


On Tue, Jul 30, 2019 at 9:49 AM Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

Hi,

Different languages will have different voices. The three mentioned by Sarah is for American English.

Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sarah k Alawami
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2019 4:48 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA moving to Python 3

 

Windows 1 core Katherine? I only have mark, david and ziera.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. This is also our libsyn page as well.
For stuff we sell, mac training materials and  tutorials go here.
and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

Our telegram channel is also a good place for an announce only in regard to podcasts, contests, etc.

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on youtube, twitch and mixer. Thanks Restream staff.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 29 Jul 2019, at 16:40, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,

Yes. In fact, Windows OneCore was the first speech synthesizer to become compatible with Python 3.
Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of molly the blind tech lover
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2019 4:38 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA moving to Python 3

 

Will the windows OneCore Microsoft Catherine voice work with python 3?

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shaun Everiss
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2019 1:25 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA moving to Python 3

 

I wouldn't bother with anny synth addons to be honest.

If you can afford it I'd use their sapi equivilants.

You are not locked down to one particular program, and they can be used anywhere you want.

While I have vocaliser, its a nice high quality but slow crappy synth for normal use.

Its good for gaming where its needed, and book reading and things like that.

On the other side something like espeak, is low quality, fast responding, high performance, but crappy sounding.

Its good for games without stories, documentation reading, email, brousing the web, doing administration and running virtual machines and things where I don't care what I am hearing or if it sounds good just that I am getting correct information.

I suppose with the powerfull system I have I could run vocaliser constantly but it may not be what I want all day long.

Pluss in a situation where something crashes or goes down or something breaks, I could be stuck with no speech because the net failed, or bit of windows went or something else fails.

The only way for me to get things back would either be a full reformat or killing configurations.

I have found that when I have relied on some stuff like this in the past that when it fails, you have nothing to fall back on.

A reformat fixes it as it always does, however as a result of being bitten to many times, for general purpose and we are talking general purpose, I would prefur crappy low quality but readable information rather than high quality readable but unstable information.

Also until recently any high quality anything is a performance drag.

I know several on xp and lower specked systems that can't afford any upgrades at all.

And even for those that do, they get the cheapest options which may be a few generations lower than current.

I have tried to run high quality on systems for general use and even when it has worked even if the system does not crash, even if it works floorlessly without me having to reformat to get speech back the load time is insane and so is responce time when I press a key.

I know with espeak that I am garanteed speech, crappy that it is.

And I am garanteed information in a readable format.

It may not sound that nice but I can read it.

In my line of work as admin and tester, I don't care if the information is sounding good or not just that I am getting it.

 If I am reading a book or playing an advanced flight game or something like that then of course I do.

I guess if your job is a translater or transcriber, high quality speech would be something you would have to use on a regular basis.

However you would have the hardware and software to support you or at least I do hope so.

I have friends some in the church, some in jobs that have never been able to afford the more expensive tech ever in their lives and get cast offs only.

Some are even used to it.

 

 

On 30/07/2019 4:48 AM, Josh Kennedy wrote:

I am going to buy the eloquence/vocalizer NVDA-addon on Friday. I hope that it will work with python3 when the time comes. Since I get extra social security in the united states now, these voices are easily affordable for me. I want the legal versions of voices because I am hoping that the legal eloquence and legal vocalizer will be updated to python3 whereas unsupported illegal stuff which is unsupported may just plain break and not work. Right now I am using sapi5 eloquence from codeFactory until this Friday when I can register the eloquence/vocalizer codeFactory addon. 



--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

NVDA 2019.2beta1 now available!


Re: NVDA moving to Python 3

molly the blind tech lover
 

That’s great

The OneCore is my favorite synthesizer. So many different voices to choose from.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joseph Lee
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2019 7:41 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA moving to Python 3

 

Hi,

Yes. In fact, Windows OneCore was the first speech synthesizer to become compatible with Python 3.
Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of molly the blind tech lover
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2019 4:38 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA moving to Python 3

 

Will the windows OneCore Microsoft Catherine voice work with python 3?

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shaun Everiss
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2019 1:25 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA moving to Python 3

 

I wouldn't bother with anny synth addons to be honest.

If you can afford it I'd use their sapi equivilants.

You are not locked down to one particular program, and they can be used anywhere you want.

While I have vocaliser, its a nice high quality but slow crappy synth for normal use.

Its good for gaming where its needed, and book reading and things like that.

On the other side something like espeak, is low quality, fast responding, high performance, but crappy sounding.

Its good for games without stories, documentation reading, email, brousing the web, doing administration and running virtual machines and things where I don't care what I am hearing or if it sounds good just that I am getting correct information.

I suppose with the powerfull system I have I could run vocaliser constantly but it may not be what I want all day long.

Pluss in a situation where something crashes or goes down or something breaks, I could be stuck with no speech because the net failed, or bit of windows went or something else fails.

The only way for me to get things back would either be a full reformat or killing configurations.

I have found that when I have relied on some stuff like this in the past that when it fails, you have nothing to fall back on.

A reformat fixes it as it always does, however as a result of being bitten to many times, for general purpose and we are talking general purpose, I would prefur crappy low quality but readable information rather than high quality readable but unstable information.

Also until recently any high quality anything is a performance drag.

I know several on xp and lower specked systems that can't afford any upgrades at all.

And even for those that do, they get the cheapest options which may be a few generations lower than current.

I have tried to run high quality on systems for general use and even when it has worked even if the system does not crash, even if it works floorlessly without me having to reformat to get speech back the load time is insane and so is responce time when I press a key.

I know with espeak that I am garanteed speech, crappy that it is.

And I am garanteed information in a readable format.

It may not sound that nice but I can read it.

In my line of work as admin and tester, I don't care if the information is sounding good or not just that I am getting it.

 If I am reading a book or playing an advanced flight game or something like that then of course I do.

I guess if your job is a translater or transcriber, high quality speech would be something you would have to use on a regular basis.

However you would have the hardware and software to support you or at least I do hope so.

I have friends some in the church, some in jobs that have never been able to afford the more expensive tech ever in their lives and get cast offs only.

Some are even used to it.

 

 

On 30/07/2019 4:48 AM, Josh Kennedy wrote:

I am going to buy the eloquence/vocalizer NVDA-addon on Friday. I hope that it will work with python3 when the time comes. Since I get extra social security in the united states now, these voices are easily affordable for me. I want the legal versions of voices because I am hoping that the legal eloquence and legal vocalizer will be updated to python3 whereas unsupported illegal stuff which is unsupported may just plain break and not work. Right now I am using sapi5 eloquence from codeFactory until this Friday when I can register the eloquence/vocalizer codeFactory addon. 


Re: NVDA moving to Python 3

 

Hi,

Different languages will have different voices. The three mentioned by Sarah is for American English.

Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sarah k Alawami
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2019 4:48 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA moving to Python 3

 

Windows 1 core Katherine? I only have mark, david and ziera.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. This is also our libsyn page as well.
For stuff we sell, mac training materials and  tutorials go here.
and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

Our telegram channel is also a good place for an announce only in regard to podcasts, contests, etc.

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on youtube, twitch and mixer. Thanks Restream staff.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 29 Jul 2019, at 16:40, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,

Yes. In fact, Windows OneCore was the first speech synthesizer to become compatible with Python 3.
Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of molly the blind tech lover
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2019 4:38 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA moving to Python 3

 

Will the windows OneCore Microsoft Catherine voice work with python 3?

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shaun Everiss
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2019 1:25 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA moving to Python 3

 

I wouldn't bother with anny synth addons to be honest.

If you can afford it I'd use their sapi equivilants.

You are not locked down to one particular program, and they can be used anywhere you want.

While I have vocaliser, its a nice high quality but slow crappy synth for normal use.

Its good for gaming where its needed, and book reading and things like that.

On the other side something like espeak, is low quality, fast responding, high performance, but crappy sounding.

Its good for games without stories, documentation reading, email, brousing the web, doing administration and running virtual machines and things where I don't care what I am hearing or if it sounds good just that I am getting correct information.

I suppose with the powerfull system I have I could run vocaliser constantly but it may not be what I want all day long.

Pluss in a situation where something crashes or goes down or something breaks, I could be stuck with no speech because the net failed, or bit of windows went or something else fails.

The only way for me to get things back would either be a full reformat or killing configurations.

I have found that when I have relied on some stuff like this in the past that when it fails, you have nothing to fall back on.

A reformat fixes it as it always does, however as a result of being bitten to many times, for general purpose and we are talking general purpose, I would prefur crappy low quality but readable information rather than high quality readable but unstable information.

Also until recently any high quality anything is a performance drag.

I know several on xp and lower specked systems that can't afford any upgrades at all.

And even for those that do, they get the cheapest options which may be a few generations lower than current.

I have tried to run high quality on systems for general use and even when it has worked even if the system does not crash, even if it works floorlessly without me having to reformat to get speech back the load time is insane and so is responce time when I press a key.

I know with espeak that I am garanteed speech, crappy that it is.

And I am garanteed information in a readable format.

It may not sound that nice but I can read it.

In my line of work as admin and tester, I don't care if the information is sounding good or not just that I am getting it.

 If I am reading a book or playing an advanced flight game or something like that then of course I do.

I guess if your job is a translater or transcriber, high quality speech would be something you would have to use on a regular basis.

However you would have the hardware and software to support you or at least I do hope so.

I have friends some in the church, some in jobs that have never been able to afford the more expensive tech ever in their lives and get cast offs only.

Some are even used to it.

 

 

On 30/07/2019 4:48 AM, Josh Kennedy wrote:

I am going to buy the eloquence/vocalizer NVDA-addon on Friday. I hope that it will work with python3 when the time comes. Since I get extra social security in the united states now, these voices are easily affordable for me. I want the legal versions of voices because I am hoping that the legal eloquence and legal vocalizer will be updated to python3 whereas unsupported illegal stuff which is unsupported may just plain break and not work. Right now I am using sapi5 eloquence from codeFactory until this Friday when I can register the eloquence/vocalizer codeFactory addon. 


Re: NVDA moving to Python 3

Sarah k Alawami
 

Hi,

Yes. In fact, Windows OneCore was the first speech synthesizer to become compatible with Python 3.
Cheers,

Joseph



From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of molly the blind tech lover
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2019 4:38 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA moving to Python 3



Will the windows OneCore Microsoft Catherine voice work with python 3?



From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io> <nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io> > On Behalf Of Shaun Everiss
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2019 1:25 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA moving to Python 3



I wouldn't bother with anny synth addons to be honest.

If you can afford it I'd use their sapi equivilants.

You are not locked down to one particular program, and they can be used anywhere you want.

While I have vocaliser, its a nice high quality but slow crappy synth for normal use.

Its good for gaming where its needed, and book reading and things like that.

On the other side something like espeak, is low quality, fast responding, high performance, but crappy sounding.

Its good for games without stories, documentation reading, email, brousing the web, doing administration and running virtual machines and things where I don't care what I am hearing or if it sounds good just that I am getting correct information.

I suppose with the powerfull system I have I could run vocaliser constantly but it may not be what I want all day long.

Pluss in a situation where something crashes or goes down or something breaks, I could be stuck with no speech because the net failed, or bit of windows went or something else fails.

The only way for me to get things back would either be a full reformat or killing configurations.

I have found that when I have relied on some stuff like this in the past that when it fails, you have nothing to fall back on.

A reformat fixes it as it always does, however as a result of being bitten to many times, for general purpose and we are talking general purpose, I would prefur crappy low quality but readable information rather than high quality readable but unstable information.

Also until recently any high quality anything is a performance drag.

I know several on xp and lower specked systems that can't afford any upgrades at all.

And even for those that do, they get the cheapest options which may be a few generations lower than current.

I have tried to run high quality on systems for general use and even when it has worked even if the system does not crash, even if it works floorlessly without me having to reformat to get speech back the load time is insane and so is responce time when I press a key.

I know with espeak that I am garanteed speech, crappy that it is.

And I am garanteed information in a readable format.

It may not sound that nice but I can read it.

In my line of work as admin and tester, I don't care if the information is sounding good or not just that I am getting it.

If I am reading a book or playing an advanced flight game or something like that then of course I do.

I guess if your job is a translater or transcriber, high quality speech would be something you would have to use on a regular basis.

However you would have the hardware and software to support you or at least I do hope so.

I have friends some in the church, some in jobs that have never been able to afford the more expensive tech ever in their lives and get cast offs only.

Some are even used to it.





On 30/07/2019 4:48 AM, Josh Kennedy wrote:

I am going to buy the eloquence/vocalizer NVDA-addon on Friday. I hope that it will work with python3 when the time comes. Since I get extra social security in the united states now, these voices are easily affordable for me. I want the legal versions of voices because I am hoping that the legal eloquence and legal vocalizer will be updated to python3 whereas unsupported illegal stuff which is unsupported may just plain break and not work. Right now I am using sapi5 eloquence from codeFactory until this Friday when I can register the eloquence/vocalizer codeFactory addon.





Re: NVDA moving to Python 3

Sarah k Alawami
 

Windows 1 core Katherine? I only have mark, david and ziera.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. This is also our libsyn page as well.
For stuff we sell, mac training materials and  tutorials go here.
and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

Our telegram channel is also a good place for an announce only in regard to podcasts, contests, etc.

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on youtube, twitch and mixer. Thanks Restream staff.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 29 Jul 2019, at 16:40, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,

Yes. In fact, Windows OneCore was the first speech synthesizer to become compatible with Python 3.
Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of molly the blind tech lover
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2019 4:38 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA moving to Python 3

 

Will the windows OneCore Microsoft Catherine voice work with python 3?

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shaun Everiss
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2019 1:25 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA moving to Python 3

 

I wouldn't bother with anny synth addons to be honest.

If you can afford it I'd use their sapi equivilants.

You are not locked down to one particular program, and they can be used anywhere you want.

While I have vocaliser, its a nice high quality but slow crappy synth for normal use.

Its good for gaming where its needed, and book reading and things like that.

On the other side something like espeak, is low quality, fast responding, high performance, but crappy sounding.

Its good for games without stories, documentation reading, email, brousing the web, doing administration and running virtual machines and things where I don't care what I am hearing or if it sounds good just that I am getting correct information.

I suppose with the powerfull system I have I could run vocaliser constantly but it may not be what I want all day long.

Pluss in a situation where something crashes or goes down or something breaks, I could be stuck with no speech because the net failed, or bit of windows went or something else fails.

The only way for me to get things back would either be a full reformat or killing configurations.

I have found that when I have relied on some stuff like this in the past that when it fails, you have nothing to fall back on.

A reformat fixes it as it always does, however as a result of being bitten to many times, for general purpose and we are talking general purpose, I would prefur crappy low quality but readable information rather than high quality readable but unstable information.

Also until recently any high quality anything is a performance drag.

I know several on xp and lower specked systems that can't afford any upgrades at all.

And even for those that do, they get the cheapest options which may be a few generations lower than current.

I have tried to run high quality on systems for general use and even when it has worked even if the system does not crash, even if it works floorlessly without me having to reformat to get speech back the load time is insane and so is responce time when I press a key.

I know with espeak that I am garanteed speech, crappy that it is.

And I am garanteed information in a readable format.

It may not sound that nice but I can read it.

In my line of work as admin and tester, I don't care if the information is sounding good or not just that I am getting it.

 If I am reading a book or playing an advanced flight game or something like that then of course I do.

I guess if your job is a translater or transcriber, high quality speech would be something you would have to use on a regular basis.

However you would have the hardware and software to support you or at least I do hope so.

I have friends some in the church, some in jobs that have never been able to afford the more expensive tech ever in their lives and get cast offs only.

Some are even used to it.

 

 

On 30/07/2019 4:48 AM, Josh Kennedy wrote:

I am going to buy the eloquence/vocalizer NVDA-addon on Friday. I hope that it will work with python3 when the time comes. Since I get extra social security in the united states now, these voices are easily affordable for me. I want the legal versions of voices because I am hoping that the legal eloquence and legal vocalizer will be updated to python3 whereas unsupported illegal stuff which is unsupported may just plain break and not work. Right now I am using sapi5 eloquence from codeFactory until this Friday when I can register the eloquence/vocalizer codeFactory addon. 


Re: nvda 2019-2 rc1

Quentin Christensen
 

Hi Don,

NVDA 2019.2 still uses Python 2 (the version of Python NVDA has always used).  So everything which works in 2019.1 should continue to work just the same in 2019.2.

Kind regards

Quentin.


On Tue, Jul 30, 2019 at 9:24 AM Don H <lmddh50@...> wrote:
So does this version use python 3?






--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

NVDA 2019.2beta1 now available!


Re: NVDA moving to Python 3

 

Hi,

Yes. In fact, Windows OneCore was the first speech synthesizer to become compatible with Python 3.
Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of molly the blind tech lover
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2019 4:38 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA moving to Python 3

 

Will the windows OneCore Microsoft Catherine voice work with python 3?

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shaun Everiss
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2019 1:25 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA moving to Python 3

 

I wouldn't bother with anny synth addons to be honest.

If you can afford it I'd use their sapi equivilants.

You are not locked down to one particular program, and they can be used anywhere you want.

While I have vocaliser, its a nice high quality but slow crappy synth for normal use.

Its good for gaming where its needed, and book reading and things like that.

On the other side something like espeak, is low quality, fast responding, high performance, but crappy sounding.

Its good for games without stories, documentation reading, email, brousing the web, doing administration and running virtual machines and things where I don't care what I am hearing or if it sounds good just that I am getting correct information.

I suppose with the powerfull system I have I could run vocaliser constantly but it may not be what I want all day long.

Pluss in a situation where something crashes or goes down or something breaks, I could be stuck with no speech because the net failed, or bit of windows went or something else fails.

The only way for me to get things back would either be a full reformat or killing configurations.

I have found that when I have relied on some stuff like this in the past that when it fails, you have nothing to fall back on.

A reformat fixes it as it always does, however as a result of being bitten to many times, for general purpose and we are talking general purpose, I would prefur crappy low quality but readable information rather than high quality readable but unstable information.

Also until recently any high quality anything is a performance drag.

I know several on xp and lower specked systems that can't afford any upgrades at all.

And even for those that do, they get the cheapest options which may be a few generations lower than current.

I have tried to run high quality on systems for general use and even when it has worked even if the system does not crash, even if it works floorlessly without me having to reformat to get speech back the load time is insane and so is responce time when I press a key.

I know with espeak that I am garanteed speech, crappy that it is.

And I am garanteed information in a readable format.

It may not sound that nice but I can read it.

In my line of work as admin and tester, I don't care if the information is sounding good or not just that I am getting it.

 If I am reading a book or playing an advanced flight game or something like that then of course I do.

I guess if your job is a translater or transcriber, high quality speech would be something you would have to use on a regular basis.

However you would have the hardware and software to support you or at least I do hope so.

I have friends some in the church, some in jobs that have never been able to afford the more expensive tech ever in their lives and get cast offs only.

Some are even used to it.

 

 

On 30/07/2019 4:48 AM, Josh Kennedy wrote:

I am going to buy the eloquence/vocalizer NVDA-addon on Friday. I hope that it will work with python3 when the time comes. Since I get extra social security in the united states now, these voices are easily affordable for me. I want the legal versions of voices because I am hoping that the legal eloquence and legal vocalizer will be updated to python3 whereas unsupported illegal stuff which is unsupported may just plain break and not work. Right now I am using sapi5 eloquence from codeFactory until this Friday when I can register the eloquence/vocalizer codeFactory addon. 


Re: nvda 2019-2 rc1

 

Hi,
No.
A helpful way to remember what's going on is thinking about NVDA major releases for 2019:
* 2019.2: Python 2
* 2019.3: Python 3
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Don H
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2019 4:24 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] nvda 2019-2 rc1

So does this version use python 3?


Re: NVDA moving to Python 3

molly the blind tech lover
 

Will the windows OneCore Microsoft Catherine voice work with python 3?

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shaun Everiss
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2019 1:25 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA moving to Python 3

 

I wouldn't bother with anny synth addons to be honest.

If you can afford it I'd use their sapi equivilants.

You are not locked down to one particular program, and they can be used anywhere you want.

While I have vocaliser, its a nice high quality but slow crappy synth for normal use.

Its good for gaming where its needed, and book reading and things like that.

On the other side something like espeak, is low quality, fast responding, high performance, but crappy sounding.

Its good for games without stories, documentation reading, email, brousing the web, doing administration and running virtual machines and things where I don't care what I am hearing or if it sounds good just that I am getting correct information.

I suppose with the powerfull system I have I could run vocaliser constantly but it may not be what I want all day long.

Pluss in a situation where something crashes or goes down or something breaks, I could be stuck with no speech because the net failed, or bit of windows went or something else fails.

The only way for me to get things back would either be a full reformat or killing configurations.

I have found that when I have relied on some stuff like this in the past that when it fails, you have nothing to fall back on.

A reformat fixes it as it always does, however as a result of being bitten to many times, for general purpose and we are talking general purpose, I would prefur crappy low quality but readable information rather than high quality readable but unstable information.

Also until recently any high quality anything is a performance drag.

I know several on xp and lower specked systems that can't afford any upgrades at all.

And even for those that do, they get the cheapest options which may be a few generations lower than current.

I have tried to run high quality on systems for general use and even when it has worked even if the system does not crash, even if it works floorlessly without me having to reformat to get speech back the load time is insane and so is responce time when I press a key.

I know with espeak that I am garanteed speech, crappy that it is.

And I am garanteed information in a readable format.

It may not sound that nice but I can read it.

In my line of work as admin and tester, I don't care if the information is sounding good or not just that I am getting it.

 If I am reading a book or playing an advanced flight game or something like that then of course I do.

I guess if your job is a translater or transcriber, high quality speech would be something you would have to use on a regular basis.

However you would have the hardware and software to support you or at least I do hope so.

I have friends some in the church, some in jobs that have never been able to afford the more expensive tech ever in their lives and get cast offs only.

Some are even used to it.

 

 

On 30/07/2019 4:48 AM, Josh Kennedy wrote:

I am going to buy the eloquence/vocalizer NVDA-addon on Friday. I hope that it will work with python3 when the time comes. Since I get extra social security in the united states now, these voices are easily affordable for me. I want the legal versions of voices because I am hoping that the legal eloquence and legal vocalizer will be updated to python3 whereas unsupported illegal stuff which is unsupported may just plain break and not work. Right now I am using sapi5 eloquence from codeFactory until this Friday when I can register the eloquence/vocalizer codeFactory addon. 


Re: one core voices

molly the blind tech lover
 

Yes it can ☺
If you're using laptop hold down control shift plus NVDA and use the right arrow key until you find where it says pitch.
I am sorry, I do not know the command for the desktop layout.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Don H
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2019 3:14 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] one core voices

Can the pitch of the one core voices be changed? Under the speech settings of NVDA it would appear so but making any changes does not effect the pitch of the voice.


nvda 2019-2 rc1

Don H
 

So does this version use python 3?


NVDA 2019.2 RC1 released

Quentin Christensen
 

Hi everyone,

We've released RC1 of NVDA 2019.2.  This is a release candidate, so unless any critical bugs are found, this will be identical to the final NVDA 2019.2.  I'd encourage everyone to download it and test it out.  It's much easier to fix a bug discovered now, than one reported a week after 2019.2 comes out.

Read the announcement and download NVDA 2019.2rc1 here:

Note that also includes a link to the full what's new (which you can also find from the Help menu of NVDA itself at any time).

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

NVDA 2019.2beta1 now available!


Re: one core voices

Don H
 

You are correct it is very difficult at least on my laptop to detect the pitch change unless you make a major change.

On 7/29/2019 4:50 PM, Quentin Christensen wrote:
Hi Don,
How are you changing the voice?  I just tried using the synth settings ring and the voice settings screen and both worked fine.  That was in NVDA 2019.2beta 3 and then rc1.  Try changing the pitch by about 20 % to make sure you are definitely noticing whether the pitch changes.
Regards
Quentin.
On Tue, Jul 30, 2019 at 5:14 AM Don H <lmddh50@adams.net <mailto:lmddh50@adams.net>> wrote:
Can the pitch of the one core voices be changed?  Under the speech
settings of NVDA it would appear so but making any changes does not
effect the pitch of the voice.
--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager
NVDA 2019.2beta1 <https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2019-2beta1-released/> now available!
Web: www.nvaccess.org <http://www.nvaccess.org/>
Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/
User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>


Re: one core voices

Quentin Christensen
 

Hi Don,

How are you changing the voice?  I just tried using the synth settings ring and the voice settings screen and both worked fine.  That was in NVDA 2019.2beta 3 and then rc1.  Try changing the pitch by about 20 % to make sure you are definitely noticing whether the pitch changes.

Regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Jul 30, 2019 at 5:14 AM Don H <lmddh50@...> wrote:
Can the pitch of the one core voices be changed?  Under the speech
settings of NVDA it would appear so but making any changes does not
effect the pitch of the voice.






--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

NVDA 2019.2beta1 now available!


one core voices

Don H
 

Can the pitch of the one core voices be changed? Under the speech settings of NVDA it would appear so but making any changes does not effect the pitch of the voice.


Acapela pauses with punctuation revisited

Dark Count
 

Hello. I have looked through the archives and found something to the effect of being able to change the way pauses inpunctuation work with the acapela voices.

Sadly there was no description as to where this setting could be changed.

I would welcome some help regarding this.


TIA


D C


Re: Braille Extender not saving tables

David Csercsics
 

Yes, that's what I saw, too, when I briefly looked at it. It requires syntax changes and some testing, and the author may not have time to do it. How much of the functionality should we put in NVDA core, possibly? Having to install an add-on for extra braille features seems a bit weird. But then again, I understand about keeping the main screen reader as portable as possible. This is probably for another thread, but I was thinking about it because NVDA commonly gets blamed for poor braille support, because people don't know about the Braille Extender add-on. It looks like a lot of the functions are just conveniences, but maybe some should be part of NVDA, I'm not sure. Maybe this belongs in another place than here, but since we're on the topic of refactoring it seemed related. I don't know how many braille users we have either, so maybe the community doesn't need it that much.


Re: Braille Extender not saving tables

 

Hi,
Just because an add-on declares support for 2019.3 or later does not
necessarily mean it is Python 3 ready. Braille Extender, although the
manifest says it is ready for future NVDA releases, source code says
otherwise. For instance, the add-on won't load because a module located
inside the add-on isn't loaded properly because Python 3 can't find it.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Luke Davis
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2019 10:47 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Braille Extender not saving tables

Why do you say it may no longer work because of Python 3 support being
lacking?
According to its github page:

https://github.com/Andre9642/BrailleExtender

It seems to be under quite active development, with multiple developers, and
claims compatibility with NVDA 2019.4, which at least implies that it is
already working with Python 3.

It doesn't hurt to write to the developers and report these bugs.

Luke

On Sun, 28 Jul 2019, David Csercsics wrote:

It is definitely a bug! I can duplicate it here as well as a couple
other things. But the add-on will likely no longer work as of 2019.3
because of the move to Python 3 support, so we may have to find another
solution.

 A pity for me because I really enjoy my braille display, but I'll see
what I can learn to sort this out.





19421 - 19440 of 83006