Date   

Re: Difficulty with PDF Document

Sky Mundell
 

So if I’m to understand it, will that Mean SA and DocuScan be discontinued eventually?

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Richard Wells
Sent: Friday, January 17, 2020 5:27 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Difficulty with PDF Document

 

Two things: DocuScan 3 has not yet been discontinued though it has not had an update for a while. MS Word 2013 can convert PDF, but it may not be readable if it is done from images rather than text. This is where DocuScan can help. Again, NVDA is not the best way to use DocuScan. Quit NVDA before starting DocuScan.

On 1/17/2020 5:26 PM, Abbie Taylor wrote:

Shaun, DocuScan Plus was worth it while it lasted. I still use it, and it works well with NVDA. Unfortunately, as I understand it, Serotek will no longer update or support this program and System Access at the end of 2020. Richard can correct me if I'm wrong, and I hope I am.

Andrea, if you're trying to open a pdf document, you can do this in Word 2013 and up. Simply use Word's open dialog to find the file, and press Enter on it like you would any other document. Word will convert the pdf to a docx file. NVDA reads most files pretty well this way. I hope this helps.
--
Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author
http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com
http://abbiescorner.wordpress.com
abbietaylor945@...


Re: Difficulty with PDF Document

Richard Wells
 

Two things: DocuScan 3 has not yet been discontinued though it has not had an update for a while. MS Word 2013 can convert PDF, but it may not be readable if it is done from images rather than text. This is where DocuScan can help. Again, NVDA is not the best way to use DocuScan. Quit NVDA before starting DocuScan.

On 1/17/2020 5:26 PM, Abbie Taylor wrote:
Shaun, DocuScan Plus was worth it while it lasted. I still use it, and it works well with NVDA. Unfortunately, as I understand it, Serotek will no longer update or support this program and System Access at the end of 2020. Richard can correct me if I'm wrong, and I hope I am.

Andrea, if you're trying to open a pdf document, you can do this in Word 2013 and up. Simply use Word's open dialog to find the file, and press Enter on it like you would any other document. Word will convert the pdf to a docx file. NVDA reads most files pretty well this way. I hope this helps.
--
Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author
http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com
http://abbiescorner.wordpress.com
abbietaylor945@...


Re: Difficulty with PDF Document

Andrea Sherry
 

Well thanks for that. But now I am in the age care place I don't have funds for things like MS Office ans such.
Thanks anyway.
It's a real pity about Docuscan. It did such a good job.
Cheers
Andrea

On 18/01/2020 10:26 am, Abbie Taylor wrote:
Shaun, DocuScan Plus was worth it while it lasted. I still use it, and it works well with NVDA. Unfortunately, as I understand it, Serotek will no longer update or support this program and System Access at the end of 2020. Richard can correct me if I'm wrong, and I hope I am.

Andrea, if you're trying to open a pdf document, you can do this in Word 2013 and up. Simply use Word's open dialog to find the file, and press Enter on it like you would any other document. Word will convert the pdf to a docx file. NVDA reads most files pretty well this way. I hope this helps.
--
Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author
http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com
http://abbiescorner.wordpress.com
abbietaylor945@...


Re: Difficulty with PDF Document

Abbie Taylor <abbietaylor945@...>
 

Shaun, DocuScan Plus was worth it while it lasted. I still use it, and it works well with NVDA. Unfortunately, as I understand it, Serotek will no longer update or support this program and System Access at the end of 2020. Richard can correct me if I'm wrong, and I hope I am.

Andrea, if you're trying to open a pdf document, you can do this in Word 2013 and up. Simply use Word's open dialog to find the file, and press Enter on it like you would any other document. Word will convert the pdf to a docx file. NVDA reads most files pretty well this way. I hope this helps.
--
Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author
http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com
http://abbiescorner.wordpress.com
abbietaylor945@...


Cakewalk by Band Land

Scott Berry
 

Hello there,


I was just wondering if anyone has had a chance to play with Cakewalk by Band Land.  I can't get past the onboarding part of the Cakewalk screen.  Has anyone built any add-ons for this?


Re: Unread/Read Status of Messages Broken In Thunderbird With 2019.3 Beta 2

Kevin Cussick
 

Hi, don't worry we all have a brain storm sometimes, I did last night.

On 17/01/2020 15:01, Ron wrote:
Hi Group,
Oh boy, I had the message pane checked somehow accidentally.  How many times in the past I instructed people to keep that unchecked and here I hadn't made that mistake in so long, I forgot about it myself.
Now that I unchecked the message pane, everything displays properly as to read/unread.
On 1/17/2020 2:45 AM, John Isige wrote:
Hurrikennyandopo wrote: "In mozilla thunder bird go to tools then
options then display then
advanced then under there is a setting to change your time out of your
messages. You might have to tab or arrow around to find it to change it."


There are two radio buttons in this advanced dialogue/tab. One is the
time just mentioned. The other is "immediately on display". I suspect
what's happening is that the time radio button got set somehow. Set it
to "immediately on display", and they'll stay unread forever, or rather,
until you open the message. This assumes you're not using the preview
pane, I don't know what happens with that because I don't use it.


When you get to display in options, tab and you'll get to "extensions
(link". Tab again and you'll get to a tab, probably "display". Arrow
right a couple of times and you'll get to the advanced tab. Now just tab
and the first or second thing should be the radio buttons we're talking
about.



On 1/17/2020 0:26, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi Group,

Here is what is happening with my read/unread status.  In the past, I
used to be able to arrow up and down and highlight the unread messages
and the status would remain unread indefinitely until I actually
opened the message and only after I had done this and closed the
message would it show as read.  Now if I just arrow up and down over
unread messages without opening them, after a short time, they will
show as read--even though I have not yet opened them.  This began
after I installed NVDA 2019.3 beta 2.  Is there some setting in NVDA
that is causing this or perhaps some setting in Thunderbird got changed.

Any help wold be greatly appreciated.


On 1/16/2020 3:29 PM, John Isige wrote:
Huh! I didn't even know that existed. FYI, there are two radio buttons,
"immediately on display" and "after (X) seconds". Mine was set to
"immediately on display", so I can see how there would be a problem if
the other option is set, because the default time seems to be five
seconds. So that's definitely something to check, as it would be easy
enough for it to hit that if you've got a lot of mail coming in.


On 1/16/2020 13:11, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:
Hi


What have you got your message time out set to? Mine is set to 5
seconds otherwise I think they show as read.


In mozilla thunder bird go to tools then options then display then
advanced then under there is a setting to change your time out of your
messages. You might have to tab or arrow around to find it to change
it.


Mine here reads the unread message as it status until I open it. I
think there was a setting in thunder bird so it could also save
replied etc but would have to look as have not used it for a long time.


Gene nz


On 17/01/2020 3:42 am, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi Clive,

For me, NVDA used to show numbers of unread messages in the tree view
of folders when you arrowed over them.  With release of 2019.3 beta
2, this no longer works for me.  Many others are not having this
problem, so there must be something going on with my system.


On 1/16/2020 6:44 AM, Clive Lever wrote:
Sorry if this has been covered before, but I notice that when I'm
reading the list of folders in my inbox (Outlook, Office 365), in
Jaws, it tells me how many unread messages there are in the folder.
NVDA doesn't do this, to my knowledge. If it can say the total
number of unread messages the way Jaws does, please can someone tell
me how to make it do so? It's particularly useful when, say, I come
back from holiday to hundreds of messages, as it tells me when the
backlog is cleared.

Thanks,
Clive



-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Ralf Kefferpuetz
Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2020 7:41 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Unread/Read Status of Messages Broken In
Thunderbird With 2019.3 Beta 2

I'm on 68.3.1 with NVDA 2019.3 beta 2 and all message flags are read
as usual.

Cheers,
   Ralf

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ron
Canazzi
Sent: Donnerstag, 16. Januar 2020 01:13
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Unread/Read Status of Messages Broken In
Thunderbird With 2019.3 Beta 2

The last version of Thunderbird that reads the status line and the
read/unread status   of messages properly is 60.9 or 60 something.


On 1/15/2020 1:06 PM, John Isige wrote:
I just downloaded NVDA 2019.3beta2 and told it to continue running.
I'm
running Thunderbird 60.9.1, 32-bit if it matters. Message statuses
work
fine for me with up and down arrows, I didn't even have to close and
restart Thunderbird. What do you mean by saying "last fully
compatible
version"? What's broken? I admit I use Thunderbird pretty
minimally, but
everything seems fine to me.


On 1/15/2020 9:56, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi Group,

For some reason, when I installed 2019.3 beta 2, when I read the
status line and/or navigate with up/down arrow keys, the
read/unread
status of message is inconsistent or incorrect.

I wonder if anyone else is experiencing this issue. I am using
Thunderbird 60.4--the last fully compatible version of Thunderbird.







Re: Unread/Read Status of Messages Broken In Thunderbird With 2019.3 Beta 2

Kevin Cussick
 

Have You checked to see if the preview pain is on f8 will switch it on and off I think. or alt v and l should get You their.

On 17/01/2020 06:26, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi Group,
Here is what is happening with my read/unread status.  In the past, I used to be able to arrow up and down and highlight the unread messages and the status would remain unread indefinitely until I actually opened the message and only after I had done this and closed the message would it show as read.  Now if I just arrow up and down over unread messages without opening them, after a short time, they will show as read--even though I have not yet opened them.  This began after I installed NVDA 2019.3 beta 2.  Is there some setting in NVDA that is causing this or perhaps some setting in Thunderbird got changed.
Any help wold be greatly appreciated.
On 1/16/2020 3:29 PM, John Isige wrote:
Huh! I didn't even know that existed. FYI, there are two radio buttons,
"immediately on display" and "after (X) seconds". Mine was set to
"immediately on display", so I can see how there would be a problem if
the other option is set, because the default time seems to be five
seconds. So that's definitely something to check, as it would be easy
enough for it to hit that if you've got a lot of mail coming in.


On 1/16/2020 13:11, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:
Hi


What have you got your message time out set to? Mine is set to 5
seconds otherwise I think they show as read.


In mozilla thunder bird go to tools then options then display then
advanced then under there is a setting to change your time out of your
messages. You might have to tab or arrow around to find it to change it.


Mine here reads the unread message as it status until I open it. I
think there was a setting in thunder bird so it could also save
replied etc but would have to look as have not used it for a long time.


Gene nz


On 17/01/2020 3:42 am, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi Clive,

For me, NVDA used to show numbers of unread messages in the tree view
of folders when you arrowed over them.  With release of 2019.3 beta
2, this no longer works for me.  Many others are not having this
problem, so there must be something going on with my system.


On 1/16/2020 6:44 AM, Clive Lever wrote:
Sorry if this has been covered before, but I notice that when I'm
reading the list of folders in my inbox (Outlook, Office 365), in
Jaws, it tells me how many unread messages there are in the folder.
NVDA doesn't do this, to my knowledge. If it can say the total
number of unread messages the way Jaws does, please can someone tell
me how to make it do so? It's particularly useful when, say, I come
back from holiday to hundreds of messages, as it tells me when the
backlog is cleared.

Thanks,
Clive



-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Ralf Kefferpuetz
Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2020 7:41 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Unread/Read Status of Messages Broken In
Thunderbird With 2019.3 Beta 2

I'm on 68.3.1 with NVDA 2019.3 beta 2 and all message flags are read
as usual.

Cheers,
   Ralf

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ron
Canazzi
Sent: Donnerstag, 16. Januar 2020 01:13
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Unread/Read Status of Messages Broken In
Thunderbird With 2019.3 Beta 2

The last version of Thunderbird that reads the status line and the
read/unread status   of messages properly is 60.9 or 60 something.


On 1/15/2020 1:06 PM, John Isige wrote:
I just downloaded NVDA 2019.3beta2 and told it to continue running.
I'm
running Thunderbird 60.9.1, 32-bit if it matters. Message statuses
work
fine for me with up and down arrows, I didn't even have to close and
restart Thunderbird. What do you mean by saying "last fully compatible
version"? What's broken? I admit I use Thunderbird pretty
minimally, but
everything seems fine to me.


On 1/15/2020 9:56, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi Group,

For some reason, when I installed 2019.3 beta 2, when I read the
status line and/or navigate with up/down arrow keys, the read/unread
status of message is inconsistent or incorrect.

I wonder if anyone else is experiencing this issue.  I am using
Thunderbird 60.4--the last fully compatible version of Thunderbird.





Re: Windows 10 App Essentials 19.11.5 emergency patch for Edge 79 users #addonrelease

Kevin Cussick
 

Hi, good post and 100% and again thanks for You do and have done.

On 17/01/2020 05:19, Shaun Everiss wrote:
Hi.
Thanks joseph for fixing the edge ui automation issue.
I appreciate all the work you do, you will be difficult to replace.
Thanks.


Re: In-Process is out

hurrikennyandopo ...
 

You also get another message if you try to update from remote 2.1 to 2.2 there is some type of message saying there are components missing. this is using nvda 2019.2.1.


Hopefully the fixes etc will fix the problem but even though the one saying there might be a trojan most people do not know how to report them as a false postive.


Gene nz

m

On 17/01/2020 11:47 pm, Robert Doc Wright godfearer wrote:

Quentin, Windows Defender is blocking  the download of NVDAremote because of a trojan.below is what it is claiming to find dangerous in the download file.

 

 

Trojan:Win32/Esulat.A!rfn

Detected with Windows Defender Antivirus

Aliases:No associated aliases

Summary

Windows Defender Antivirus detects and removes this threat.

This threat can perform a number of actions of a malicious hacker's choice on your PC.

Find out ways that malware can get on your PC.

What to do now

 

******

character is found in how you treat people who cannot do anything for you!                                                                       

 

From: Quentin Christensen
Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2020 3:11 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] In-Process is out

 

Hi everyone,

 

The first In-Process for the year is here!

 

Featuring news on NVDA 2019.3 beta2, who should update and lots more, get it first here: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/in-process-16th-january/

 

Quentin.

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

 

 


Re: read all

Brice Mijares
 

You are correct, I men to say Caps lock down arrow.

On 1/17/2020 11:57 AM, Gene wrote:
I don???t know if you meant to say tab down arrow.?? That isn???t read to end.?? Its either insert down arrow.?? If you have told NVDA to use capslock as an NVDA key, you can use capslock down arrow.
Gene
----- Original Message -----
*From:* Brice Mijares <mailto:bricemijares@...>
*Sent:* Friday, January 17, 2020 11:28 AM
*To:* nvda <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
*Subject:* [nvda] read all
I'm assuming this behavior, at least on my laptop using desktop layout
reading email. Once I hit enter to read a message, I'll immediately hit
tab key down arrow to read all. Well it's starts reading and stops once
it encounters a space,, I'll again hit down arrow until I hear text and
again hit NVDA key down arrow and?? it will stop at every space.
Using latest NVDA beta.
Also, latest Thunderbird.
Windows version: Windows 10Ver1909 (64-bit) build 18363.592


Re: Reader mode in Chrome?

Gene
 

There are add-ons that provide this feature but which ones, if any, are accessible, I don’t know.
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, January 17, 2020 10:24 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Reader mode in Chrome?
 
Unfortunately, as far as I know, Chrome removed that feature. I'm disappointed about that. It really worked well. I hope they eventually put it back.


Re: read all

Gene
 

I don’t know if you meant to say tab down arrow.  That isn’t read to end.  Its either insert down arrow.  If you have told NVDA to use capslock as an NVDA key, you can use capslock down arrow.
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, January 17, 2020 11:28 AM
To: nvda
Subject: [nvda] read all
 
I'm assuming this behavior, at least on my laptop using desktop layout
reading email. Once I hit enter to read a message, I'll immediately hit
tab key down arrow to read all. Well it's starts reading and stops once
it encounters a space,, I'll again hit down arrow until I hear text and
again hit NVDA key down arrow and  it will stop at every space.
Using latest NVDA beta.
Also, latest Thunderbird.
Windows version: Windows 10Ver1909 (64-bit) build 18363.592



Re: Windows 10 App Essentials 19.11.5 emergency patch for Edge 79 users #addonrelease

anthony borg
 

Thanks joseph for the link.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joseph Lee
Sent: 17 January 2020 02:13
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Windows 10 App Essentials 19.11.5 emergency patch for Edge 79 users #AddonRelease

 

Hi all,

 

Due to community feedback, I’m releasing Windows 10 App Essentials 19.11.5 emergency patch for Edge 79 users. This patch is applicable to NVDA 2019.2.x only (NVDA 2019.3 beta 2 and later includes support for Edge 79 stable). As this is an emergency patch, coupled with the fact that latest stable release is 20.01 which supports NVDA 2019.3 or later, this version will not show up via Add-on Updater.

 

Direct download link:

https://github.com/josephsl/wintenApps/releases/download/19.11/wintenApps-19.11.5.nvda-addon

 

This patch works the same way as what’s included in NVDA 2019.3 beta 2 – after installing this patch in 2019.2.1, you won’t have to turn off native UI Automation anymore.

 

Also, an important note: after installing this patch, you may get a notification that a new add-on update for Windows 10 App Essentials is available. Please ignore this notification until NVDA 2019.3 or later is installed.

 

Cheers,

Joseph


read all

Brice Mijares
 

I'm assuming this behavior, at least on my laptop using desktop layout reading email. Once I hit enter to read a message, I'll immediately hit tab key down arrow to read all. Well it's starts reading and stops once it encounters a space,, I'll again hit down arrow until I hear text and again hit NVDA key down arrow and  it will stop at every space.
Using latest NVDA beta.
Also, latest Thunderbird.
Windows version: Windows 10Ver1909 (64-bit) build 18363.592


Re: Problems w/single key navigation

Sakina
 

Dear Joseph,

Please I think you will help me out here.

I want to be unsubscribed from the list but still keep getting the emails.

I sincerely hope it is done for me or guide me where to write to unsubscribe  from the group.

Thank you and sorry to write here.

Please read below

 

Dear Sirs,

Please I did write to unsubscribe from the list, but I am still receiving 60 odd emails everyday.

Please please can you stop the emails.

I hope you will do this for me right away.

With many thanks and best wishes always

Sakina Moosajee

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Sakina

Sent: Friday, December 6, 2019 12:13 PM

To: Groups.io

Subject: RE: Confirm Your Groups.io Unsubscribe Request

 

               

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Groups.io

 

Sent: Thursday, December 5, 2019 2:17 PM

To: sakina.gable@...

Subject: Confirm Your Groups.io Unsubscribe Request

 

Hello,

 

We have received a request to unsubscribe you from the win10@win10.groups.io Groups.io group. If this is correct, please just reply to this email and you will be unsubscribed promptly.

 

If you did not request this, please accept our apologies and ignore this message.

 

 

Cheers,

The Groups.io Team

 

 

 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Joseph Lee
Sent: Friday, January 17, 2020 3:25 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Problems w/single key navigation

 

Hi,

Have you tried logging out and back in or restarting your computer?

Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Greg Rhodes
Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2020 7:17 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Problems w/single key navigation

 

Thanks for all responses. Problem not resolved. I’m using a Bluetooth keyboard. Tried unchecking the

“(Trap All Non-Command Gestures”. I’ve uninstalled NVDA and reinstalled it. I’m very familiar with Browse mode and know that I need to be in it to do single key navigation. Since yesterday’s MS Edge and Windows updates, I can’t always tell if I’m in browse mode. When I press the NVDA key and the spacebar, NVDA goes silent and I get no audio feedback. Sometimes, Alt/Tabbing will get NVDA audio going again. MS Accessibility Desk was no help at all. Not sure what to do at this point.

Greg

 

 


Re: Reader mode in Chrome?

Geoff Connor
 

Unfortunately, as far as I know, Chrome removed that feature. I'm disappointed about that. It really worked well. I hope they eventually put it back.


Re: In-Process is out

Sarah k Alawami
 

Yep, reproducible here, actually it was reproducible for my bf who had to remote into my computer to fix something.. He allowed it but yeah Can this be looked into?

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. This is also our libsyn page as well.

to subscribe to the feed click here

Our telegram channel is also a good place for an announce only in regard to podcasts, contests, etc.

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on youtube, twitch and mixer. Thanks Restream staff.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 17 Jan 2020, at 2:47, Robert Doc Wright godfearer wrote:

Quentin, Windows Defender is blocking  the download of NVDAremote because of a trojan.below is what it is claiming to find dangerous in the download file.

 

 

Trojan:Win32/Esulat.A!rfn

Detected with Windows Defender Antivirus

Aliases:No associated aliases

Summary

Windows Defender Antivirus detects and removes this threat.

This threat can perform a number of actions of a malicious hacker's choice on your PC.

Find out ways that malware can get on your PC.

What to do now

 

******

character is found in how you treat people who cannot do anything for you!                                                                       

 

From: Quentin Christensen
Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2020 3:11 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] In-Process is out

 

Hi everyone,

 

The first In-Process for the year is here!

 

Featuring news on NVDA 2019.3 beta2, who should update and lots more, get it first here: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/in-process-16th-january/

 

Quentin.

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

 

 


Re: Unread/Read Status of Messages Broken In Thunderbird With 2019.3 Beta 2

Ron Canazzi
 

Hi Group,

Oh boy, I had the message pane checked somehow accidentally.  How many times in the past I instructed people to keep that unchecked and here I hadn't made that mistake in so long, I forgot about it myself.

Now that I unchecked the message pane, everything displays properly as to read/unread.

On 1/17/2020 2:45 AM, John Isige wrote:
Hurrikennyandopo wrote: "In mozilla thunder bird go to tools then
options then display then
advanced then under there is a setting to change your time out of your
messages. You might have to tab or arrow around to find it to change it."


There are two radio buttons in this advanced dialogue/tab. One is the
time just mentioned. The other is "immediately on display". I suspect
what's happening is that the time radio button got set somehow. Set it
to "immediately on display", and they'll stay unread forever, or rather,
until you open the message. This assumes you're not using the preview
pane, I don't know what happens with that because I don't use it.


When you get to display in options, tab and you'll get to "extensions
(link". Tab again and you'll get to a tab, probably "display". Arrow
right a couple of times and you'll get to the advanced tab. Now just tab
and the first or second thing should be the radio buttons we're talking
about.



On 1/17/2020 0:26, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi Group,

Here is what is happening with my read/unread status.  In the past, I
used to be able to arrow up and down and highlight the unread messages
and the status would remain unread indefinitely until I actually
opened the message and only after I had done this and closed the
message would it show as read.  Now if I just arrow up and down over
unread messages without opening them, after a short time, they will
show as read--even though I have not yet opened them.  This began
after I installed NVDA 2019.3 beta 2.  Is there some setting in NVDA
that is causing this or perhaps some setting in Thunderbird got changed.

Any help wold be greatly appreciated.


On 1/16/2020 3:29 PM, John Isige wrote:
Huh! I didn't even know that existed. FYI, there are two radio buttons,
"immediately on display" and "after (X) seconds". Mine was set to
"immediately on display", so I can see how there would be a problem if
the other option is set, because the default time seems to be five
seconds. So that's definitely something to check, as it would be easy
enough for it to hit that if you've got a lot of mail coming in.


On 1/16/2020 13:11, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:
Hi


What have you got your message time out set to? Mine is set to 5
seconds otherwise I think they show as read.


In mozilla thunder bird go to tools then options then display then
advanced then under there is a setting to change your time out of your
messages. You might have to tab or arrow around to find it to change
it.


Mine here reads the unread message as it status until I open it. I
think there was a setting in thunder bird so it could also save
replied etc but would have to look as have not used it for a long time.


Gene nz


On 17/01/2020 3:42 am, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi Clive,

For me, NVDA used to show numbers of unread messages in the tree view
of folders when you arrowed over them.  With release of 2019.3 beta
2, this no longer works for me.  Many others are not having this
problem, so there must be something going on with my system.


On 1/16/2020 6:44 AM, Clive Lever wrote:
Sorry if this has been covered before, but I notice that when I'm
reading the list of folders in my inbox (Outlook, Office 365), in
Jaws, it tells me how many unread messages there are in the folder.
NVDA doesn't do this, to my knowledge. If it can say the total
number of unread messages the way Jaws does, please can someone tell
me how to make it do so? It's particularly useful when, say, I come
back from holiday to hundreds of messages, as it tells me when the
backlog is cleared.

Thanks,
Clive



-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Ralf Kefferpuetz
Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2020 7:41 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Unread/Read Status of Messages Broken In
Thunderbird With 2019.3 Beta 2

I'm on 68.3.1 with NVDA 2019.3 beta 2 and all message flags are read
as usual.

Cheers,
   Ralf

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ron
Canazzi
Sent: Donnerstag, 16. Januar 2020 01:13
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Unread/Read Status of Messages Broken In
Thunderbird With 2019.3 Beta 2

The last version of Thunderbird that reads the status line and the
read/unread status   of messages properly is 60.9 or 60 something.


On 1/15/2020 1:06 PM, John Isige wrote:
I just downloaded NVDA 2019.3beta2 and told it to continue running.
I'm
running Thunderbird 60.9.1, 32-bit if it matters. Message statuses
work
fine for me with up and down arrows, I didn't even have to close and
restart Thunderbird. What do you mean by saying "last fully
compatible
version"? What's broken? I admit I use Thunderbird pretty
minimally, but
everything seems fine to me.


On 1/15/2020 9:56, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi Group,

For some reason, when I installed 2019.3 beta 2, when I read the
status line and/or navigate with up/down arrow keys, the
read/unread
status of message is inconsistent or incorrect.

I wonder if anyone else is experiencing this issue. I am using
Thunderbird 60.4--the last fully compatible version of Thunderbird.





--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"


Edge Chromium and Nvda

Jarek.Krcmar
 

Hello group,

I have downloaded and installed an Edge new version, and I have found a problem:

When I select settings, Nvda does not speak.

I would set Czech language, Edge speaks English.

The Edge is based on Chromium.

Do you have any suggestion please?


--
Jarek


Re: In-Process is out

Robert Doc Wright godfearer
 

Quentin, Windows Defender is blocking  the download of NVDAremote because of a trojan.below is what it is claiming to find dangerous in the download file.

 

 

Trojan:Win32/Esulat.A!rfn

Detected with Windows Defender Antivirus

Aliases:No associated aliases

Summary

Windows Defender Antivirus detects and removes this threat.

This threat can perform a number of actions of a malicious hacker's choice on your PC.

Find out ways that malware can get on your PC.

What to do now

 

******

character is found in how you treat people who cannot do anything for you!                                                                       

 

From: Quentin Christensen
Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2020 3:11 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] In-Process is out

 

Hi everyone,

 

The first In-Process for the year is here!

 

Featuring news on NVDA 2019.3 beta2, who should update and lots more, get it first here: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/in-process-16th-january/

 

Quentin.

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager