Date   
Re: Tutorial: Disable UI Automation in the Chromium Edge.

 

hi.
some people mentioned crashing when using nvda with new edge based on chromium.
is it true?
i really wish to become familiar with new edge, and want to ask some questions.
does it support MultiProcess forever?
is there a setting to turn the Multiprocess off?
also, does it have all the settings and options that chrome and chromium have?
does it support flash?
can we uncheck automatic update or not?
i really wish if someone knows answers for my questions, post the answers hear.
God bless you and His especial mercy i pray for you!

On 1/15/20, Robert Kingett <@blindjourno> wrote:
Joseph posted this previously, but I am busy [giving fiction to my patreon
supporters](http://www.patreon.com/blindwriter) so can't pull up his link
right now.

NVDA 2019.2 won't work with Edge without turning off UIA. The more tech
savvy people on this list can tell you if NVDA 2019.3 will work with it on
or not. For now, I've turned my UIA in Edge back on. Below though, is steps
on how to turn it off.

In the address bar, type,


edge://flags


Tab to search experimentation's.


Type,


UI Automation.


Hit tab until you get to a combo box.

enable it or disable it.

Happy Browsing! In the meantime, I'm creating disability fiction. [Pledge to
see early drafts and more.](http://www.patreon.com/blindwriter)



--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali

Re: Reader mode in Chrome?

Gene
 

There are plugins that provide reader mode.  I don't know which ones may be accessible. 
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
From: zahra
Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2020 5:22 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Reader mode in Chrome?

what is the last version of chrome which supports reader mode?

On 1/17/20, Geoff Connor <gjconnor@...> wrote:
> Unfortunately, as far as I know, Chrome removed that feature. I'm
> disappointed about that. It really worked well. I hope they eventually put
> it back.
>
>
>
>


--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali


Re: Reader mode in Chrome?

 

what is the last version of chrome which supports reader mode?

On 1/17/20, Geoff Connor <gjconnor@...> wrote:
Unfortunately, as far as I know, Chrome removed that feature. I'm
disappointed about that. It really worked well. I hope they eventually put
it back.



--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali

Re: Nvda and Total Commander

john s
 

Ollie, what does this program do and how much does it cost?

At 05:23 AM 1/23/2020, Mallard, wrote:
Hello Quentin,


There are other issues, especially in the forms to set up ftp connections, but those can't be solved, apparently.


Ciao,

Ollie




On 22/01/2020 23:03, Quentin Christensen wrote:
Hi Jarek,

I'm not familiar with the program, but if NVDA is working everywhere except for announcing these two buttons, it sounds like the developers of Total Commander has simply forgotten to label them. The easiest solution is to contact the developer of Total Commander and let them know and request they please label those two buttons.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Jan 22, 2020 at 10:20 PM Jarek.Krcmar <Jarek.Krcmar@... <mailto:Jarek.Krcmar@...>> wrote:

Hello all,

After starting Total Commander I select the mass re-naming in Total
Commander, Nvda is mute by two buttons.

I would like to know, what can I do for Nvda should be speaking.

Nvda speaks everywhere, but by a two buttons it is mute.


-- Jarek






--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Web: www.nvaccess.org <http://www.nvaccess.org/>
Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/
User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>
John

Re: Alternatives to Excel

 

hi.
for navigating in spreadsheets, sometimes you need to press f2 and
then scape that you can navigate properly by using keyboard.

On 1/17/20, Cearbhall O'Meadhra <cearbhall.omeadhra@...> wrote:
David,

I have LibreOffice 5.1 and, following the discussions in this thread, I
opened up an existing Excel worksheet in Calc but I found that NVDA could
not find any cells in the open worksheet. Can you advise what steps I should
take to get Calc going correctly with NVDA?

All the best,

Cearbhall

m +353 (0)833323487 Ph: _353 (0)1-2864623 e: cearbhall.omeadhra@...


-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of David
Goldfield
Sent: Friday, January 17, 2020 2:22 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Alternatives to Excel

I agree with your comments regarding LibreOffice. OpenOffice Calc may be a
good alternative and if people find that it's doing what they need they
should certainly continue to use it. However, LibreOffice receives many more
updates with bug fixes and feature additions. If there's ever a chance for
accessibility in Calc and Writer to be improved we're likely to see that
happening in LibreOffice before OpenOffice.

David Goldfield,
Blindness Assistive Technology Specialist JAWS Certified, 2019

WWW.DavidGoldfield.org

On 1/15/2020 6:53 AM, René Linke wrote:
Hi,

LibreOffice is now very accessible because it is getting many updates
in short time (improvements, security fixes, etc.).

René









--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali

Re: In-Process is out

 

hi quentin.
i could not access my system for one week, so pardon my late reply.
about renaming the version number of nvda, could you please rename it 2020.1?
since 2020 started and even january is near ending!
if possible, i wish that you rename it to 2020.1.
God bless you and His infinite mercy i pray for you!

On 1/16/20, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

The first In-Process for the year is here!

Featuring news on NVDA 2019.3 beta2, who should update and lots more, get
it first here: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/in-process-16th-january/

Quentin.
--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Web: www.nvaccess.org
Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/
User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>



--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali

Re: Intro

 

Hi.
welcome, God bless you!

On 1/22/20, Luke Robinett <lukeblindgroups@...> wrote:

Hi everyone,

Longtime NVDA user here and just signed up for this group. I’ll pitch in
wherever I can and look forward to learning a lot from you all. Thank you
for having me.

Cheers from Portland Oregon,
Luke



--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali

Re: Nvda and Total Commander

Mallard
 

Hello Quentin,


There are other issues, especially in the forms to set up ftp connections, but those can't be solved, apparently.


Ciao,

Ollie

On 22/01/2020 23:03, Quentin Christensen wrote:
Hi Jarek,

I'm not familiar with the program, but if NVDA is working everywhere except for announcing these two buttons, it sounds like the developers of Total Commander has simply forgotten to label them.  The easiest solution is to contact the developer of Total Commander and let them know and request they please label those two buttons.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Jan 22, 2020 at 10:20 PM Jarek.Krcmar <Jarek.Krcmar@... <mailto:Jarek.Krcmar@...>> wrote:

Hello all,

After starting Total Commander I select the mass re-naming in Total
Commander, Nvda is mute by two buttons.

I would like to know, what can I do for Nvda should be speaking.

Nvda speaks everywhere, but by a two buttons it is mute.


--
Jarek






--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Web: www.nvaccess.org <http://www.nvaccess.org/>
Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/
User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>

Re: Nvda and Total Commander

Mallard
 

Hello,


I've been in contact with Chritian Ghisler for years. He solved several inaccessibility issues in both Total commander for Windows and for Android, but some of them he was unable to fix.


He's very accessibility-oriented and willing to help.


Let's write to him again, and see what he can come up with.


I've used Total Commander since the days when it was still called Norton Commander (for DOS) and the nWindows Commander (for Windows), and I couldn't live without it...


Ciao,

Ollie

On 23/01/2020 08:48, Jarek.Krcmar wrote:

Hi Qentin,

thank you message.

I certainly will write to author of Total Commander.


Jarek
Dne 22.01.2020 v 23:03 Quentin Christensen napsal(a):
Hi Jarek,

I'm not familiar with the program, but if NVDA is working everywhere except for announcing these two buttons, it sounds like the developers of Total Commander has simply forgotten to label them.  The easiest solution is to contact the developer of Total Commander and let them know and request they please label those two buttons.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Jan 22, 2020 at 10:20 PM Jarek.Krcmar <Jarek.Krcmar@... <mailto:Jarek.Krcmar@...>> wrote:

Hello all,

After starting Total Commander I select the mass re-naming in Total
Commander, Nvda is mute by two buttons.

I would like to know, what can I do for Nvda should be speaking.

Nvda speaks everywhere, but by a two buttons it is mute.


--
Jarek






--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Web: www.nvaccess.org <http://www.nvaccess.org/>
Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/
User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>

Re: Intro

Eric Calhoun <eric@...>
 

Welcome Luc!

..

..

Happy 2020. Eric on Facebook: eric@...; click on: Works for God, the Heavenly Father. Want friends from all walks of life? My group, Pen Pals, Prayer Requests, and more with Eric Calhoun, at https://www.facebook.com/groups/631397660379317/

..

Love Labradors? P fease join my Facebook Group, Loving Labs, athttps://www.facebook.com/groups/2207028296232736/

Peace on earth! Goodwill to men!

..

God bless you all!
Original Message:
From: "Luke Robinett" <lukeblindgroups@...>
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
CC:
Subject: [nvda] Intro
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2020 09:24:01 -0800

?
Hi everyone,

Longtime NVDA user here and just signed up for this group. I'll pitch in wherever I can and look forward to learning a lot from you all. Thank you for having me.

Cheers from Portland Oregon,
Luke

Re: Welcome to the NVDA Group (nvda@nvda.groups.io)

Eric Calhoun <eric@...>
 

Thanks Rosie.

..

..

Happy 2020. Eric on Facebook: eric@...; click on: Works for God, the Heavenly Father. Want friends from all walks of life? My group, Pen Pals, Prayer Requests, and more with Eric Calhoun, at https://www.facebook.com/groups/631397660379317/

..

Love Labradors? P fease join my Facebook Group, Loving Labs, athttps://www.facebook.com/groups/2207028296232736/

Peace on earth! Goodwill to men!

..

God bless you all!
Original Message:
From: "Rosemarie Chavarria" <knitqueen2007@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
CC:
Subject: Re: [nvda] Welcome to the NVDA Group (nvda@nvda.groups.io)
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2020 08:28:05 -0800

Hi, Eric,

It's great to see you on this list. Welcome.

Rosie

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Eric
Calhoun
Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2020 5:04 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Welcome to the NVDA Group (nvda@nvda.groups.io)

Hi all, I am always looking to hear about what's new with NVDA. I'm Eric.
..

..

Happy 2020. Eric on Facebook: eric@...; click on: Works for God,
the Heavenly Father. Want friends from all walks of life? My group, Pen
Pals, Prayer Requests, and more with Eric Calhoun, at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/631397660379317/

..

Love Labradors? P fease join my Facebook Group, Loving Labs,
athttps://www.facebook.com/groups/2207028296232736/

Peace on earth! Goodwill to men!

..

God bless you all!

Re: Nvda and Total Commander

Jacob Kruger
 

Probably not totally relevant, but, the golden cursor add-on allows you to assign a label to a mouse position, but, suppose unless mouse cursor was tracking your navigation that wouldn't help?


Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
"...resistance is futile...but, acceptance is versatile..."

On 2020-01-23 12:03 AM, Quentin Christensen wrote:
Hi Jarek,

I'm not familiar with the program, but if NVDA is working everywhere except for announcing these two buttons, it sounds like the developers of Total Commander has simply forgotten to label them.  The easiest solution is to contact the developer of Total Commander and let them know and request they please label those two buttons.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Jan 22, 2020 at 10:20 PM Jarek.Krcmar <Jarek.Krcmar@...> wrote:
Hello all,

After starting Total Commander I select the mass re-naming in Total
Commander, Nvda is mute by two buttons.

I would like to know, what can I do for Nvda should be speaking.

Nvda speaks everywhere, but by a two buttons it is mute.


--
Jarek






--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Re: Nvda and Total Commander

Jarek.Krcmar
 

Hi Qentin,

thank you message.

I certainly will write to author of Total Commander.


Jarek
Dne 22.01.2020 v 23:03 Quentin Christensen napsal(a):

Hi Jarek,

I'm not familiar with the program, but if NVDA is working everywhere except for announcing these two buttons, it sounds like the developers of Total Commander has simply forgotten to label them.  The easiest solution is to contact the developer of Total Commander and let them know and request they please label those two buttons.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Jan 22, 2020 at 10:20 PM Jarek.Krcmar <Jarek.Krcmar@...> wrote:
Hello all,

After starting Total Commander I select the mass re-naming in Total
Commander, Nvda is mute by two buttons.

I would like to know, what can I do for Nvda should be speaking.

Nvda speaks everywhere, but by a two buttons it is mute.


--
Jarek






--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Re: Welcome to the NVDA Group (nvda@nvda.groups.io)

Chikodinaka mr. Oguledo
 

link too NVDA blog and link 2netflicks

On 1/22/20, Chikodinaka mr. Oguledo <chikodinaka.2girls@...> wrote:
nvda new release well come 2the list

On 1/22/20, Eric Calhoun <eric@...> wrote:
Thanks.

..

..

Happy 2020. Eric on Facebook: eric@...; click on: Works for God,
the Heavenly Father. Want friends from all walks of life? My group, Pen
Pals, Prayer Requests, and more with Eric Calhoun, at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/631397660379317/

..

Love Labradors? P fease join my Facebook Group, Loving Labs,
athttps://www.facebook.com/groups/2207028296232736/

Peace on earth! Goodwill to men!

..

God bless you all!
Original Message:
From: "Quentin Christensen" <quentin@...>
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
CC:
Subject: Re: [nvda] Welcome to the NVDA Group (nvda@nvda.groups.io)
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2020 09:33:22 +1100

Hi Eric,

Welcome to the group!

As well as all the great conversation here in the group, for official
news,
there is a blog which I post to roughly each fortnight you might be
interested in following: https://www.nvaccess.org/category/in-process/ -
I
post the link to it here as well but feel free to check out the latest
couple of issues for recent happenings.

Regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Jan 23, 2020 at 1:48 AM Eric Calhoun <eric@...> wrote:

Hi all, I am always looking to hear about what's new with NVDA. I'm
Eric.
..

..

Happy 2020. Eric on Facebook: eric@...; click on: Works for
God,
the Heavenly Father. Want friends from all walks of life? My group,
Pen
Pals, Prayer Requests, and more with Eric Calhoun, at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/631397660379317/

..

Love Labradors? P fease join my Facebook Group, Loving Labs,
athttps://www.facebook.com/groups/2207028296232736/

Peace on earth! Goodwill to men!

..

God bless you all!



--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Web: www.nvaccess.org
Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/
User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>






Re: Welcome to the NVDA Group (nvda@nvda.groups.io)

Chikodinaka mr. Oguledo
 

nvda new release well come 2the list

On 1/22/20, Eric Calhoun <eric@...> wrote:
Thanks.

..

..

Happy 2020. Eric on Facebook: eric@...; click on: Works for God,
the Heavenly Father. Want friends from all walks of life? My group, Pen
Pals, Prayer Requests, and more with Eric Calhoun, at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/631397660379317/

..

Love Labradors? P fease join my Facebook Group, Loving Labs,
athttps://www.facebook.com/groups/2207028296232736/

Peace on earth! Goodwill to men!

..

God bless you all!
Original Message:
From: "Quentin Christensen" <quentin@...>
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
CC:
Subject: Re: [nvda] Welcome to the NVDA Group (nvda@nvda.groups.io)
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2020 09:33:22 +1100

Hi Eric,

Welcome to the group!

As well as all the great conversation here in the group, for official news,
there is a blog which I post to roughly each fortnight you might be
interested in following: https://www.nvaccess.org/category/in-process/ - I
post the link to it here as well but feel free to check out the latest
couple of issues for recent happenings.

Regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Jan 23, 2020 at 1:48 AM Eric Calhoun <eric@...> wrote:

Hi all, I am always looking to hear about what's new with NVDA. I'm
Eric.
..

..

Happy 2020. Eric on Facebook: eric@...; click on: Works for God,
the Heavenly Father. Want friends from all walks of life? My group, Pen
Pals, Prayer Requests, and more with Eric Calhoun, at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/631397660379317/

..

Love Labradors? P fease join my Facebook Group, Loving Labs,
athttps://www.facebook.com/groups/2207028296232736/

Peace on earth! Goodwill to men!

..

God bless you all!



--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Web: www.nvaccess.org
Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/
User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>






Re: Welcome to the NVDA Group (nvda@nvda.groups.io)

Eric Calhoun <eric@...>
 

Thanks.

..

..

Happy 2020. Eric on Facebook: eric@...; click on: Works for God, the Heavenly Father. Want friends from all walks of life? My group, Pen Pals, Prayer Requests, and more with Eric Calhoun, at https://www.facebook.com/groups/631397660379317/

..

Love Labradors? P fease join my Facebook Group, Loving Labs, athttps://www.facebook.com/groups/2207028296232736/

Peace on earth! Goodwill to men!

..

God bless you all!
Original Message:
From: "Quentin Christensen" <quentin@...>
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
CC:
Subject: Re: [nvda] Welcome to the NVDA Group (nvda@nvda.groups.io)
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2020 09:33:22 +1100

Hi Eric,

Welcome to the group!

As well as all the great conversation here in the group, for official news,
there is a blog which I post to roughly each fortnight you might be
interested in following: https://www.nvaccess.org/category/in-process/ - I
post the link to it here as well but feel free to check out the latest
couple of issues for recent happenings.

Regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Jan 23, 2020 at 1:48 AM Eric Calhoun <eric@...> wrote:

Hi all, I am always looking to hear about what's new with NVDA. I'm Eric.
..

..

Happy 2020. Eric on Facebook: eric@...; click on: Works for God,
the Heavenly Father. Want friends from all walks of life? My group, Pen
Pals, Prayer Requests, and more with Eric Calhoun, at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/631397660379317/

..

Love Labradors? P fease join my Facebook Group, Loving Labs,
athttps://www.facebook.com/groups/2207028296232736/

Peace on earth! Goodwill to men!

..

God bless you all!



--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Web: www.nvaccess.org
Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/
User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>

Re: Welcome to the NVDA Group (nvda@nvda.groups.io)

Quentin Christensen
 

Hi Eric,

Welcome to the group!

As well as all the great conversation here in the group, for official news, there is a blog which I post to roughly each fortnight you might be interested in following: https://www.nvaccess.org/category/in-process/ - I post the link to it here as well but feel free to check out the latest couple of issues for recent happenings.

Regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Jan 23, 2020 at 1:48 AM Eric Calhoun <eric@...> wrote:
Hi all, I am always looking to hear about what's new with NVDA.  I'm Eric.
..

..

Happy 2020.  Eric on Facebook: eric@...; click on: Works for God,
the Heavenly Father.  Want friends from all walks of life?  My group, Pen
Pals, Prayer Requests, and more with Eric Calhoun, at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/631397660379317/

..

Love Labradors?  P fease join my Facebook Group, Loving Labs,
athttps://www.facebook.com/groups/2207028296232736/

Peace on earth!  Goodwill to men!

..

God bless you all!





--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Re: Nvda and Total Commander

Quentin Christensen
 

Hi Jarek,

I'm not familiar with the program, but if NVDA is working everywhere except for announcing these two buttons, it sounds like the developers of Total Commander has simply forgotten to label them.  The easiest solution is to contact the developer of Total Commander and let them know and request they please label those two buttons.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Jan 22, 2020 at 10:20 PM Jarek.Krcmar <Jarek.Krcmar@...> wrote:
Hello all,

After starting Total Commander I select the mass re-naming in Total
Commander, Nvda is mute by two buttons.

I would like to know, what can I do for Nvda should be speaking.

Nvda speaks everywhere, but by a two buttons it is mute.


--
Jarek






--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Re: windows 10 disk clean up

Roger Stewart
 

My computer doesn't even allow for defraging of SSD's. It does have an option called optimizing for those but still has De frag for regular drives.

Roger







On 1/22/2020 3:08 PM, Dale Leavens wrote:
Remember when doing disk maintainance that many modern computers now have fixed otherwise solid state discs which are not actually discs at all.  These should not be defragmented.  Defraging a physical hard disc will often improve speed of access but solid state memory has limited read/write cycles so defraging while it will rearrange files and file segments this involves rewriting parts of files to different parts of the memory therby ultimately shortening the life of the device.  Since the SSD isn’t actually moving the read/write time isn’t effected by defragmenting the memory.

Clean up old no longer used or orphaned files to improve the capacity of your disc memory but don’t defrag a fixed disc.

Cheers.


Dale Leavens
Cochrane Ontario Canada
.
Come visit our polar bears!

On Jan 22, 2020, at 2:28 PM, Arlene <nedster66@...> wrote:



Sarah, When you run these things? Does it make your computer run faster after cleaning the hidden things in your computer? 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Sarah k Alawami
Sent: January 22, 2020 9:36 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] windows 10 disk clean up

 

Why not do cleanmgr /sageset / then cleanmgr /sagerun:1 as I do this all thet iem for my disk clean up. You can see many many hidden items that real disk clean up does not show you, and it sitll will not hurt your system. You do these from the run dialogue by the way.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. This is also our libsyn page as well.

to subscribe to the feed click here

Our telegram channel is also a good place for an announce only in regard to podcasts, contests, etc.

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on [twitch.](twitch.tv/ke7zum] Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 21 Jan 2020, at 19:10, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:

Hi

press the windows key and when the search box comes up type in disk it will come up with a result called disk cleanup/ Press the enter key on it. It will then come to another screen there you can pick your drive to do it to it is a combo box it will usually default to c: drive. You can use the down arrow key to go to another if you want to. What ever one you pick say c: drive you will then need to tab to ok button then press the enter key. It will then calculate how much can be cleaned up.

It will give you a list of areas it can clean up and say those areas. There is a check box next to each one. You can arrow down the list and use the space bar to check the box.

Down towards the bottom of the list you will then need to tab as the down arrow key will not take you any further.. If you tab once it will land on a system files button I think it was called. Press the enter key and repeate the process like before except this for will be for system files. Then at the bottom of the list you have selected all the ones you want removed you will then need to tab to the ok button then press the enter key.

It will then give you a message just say yes to it and then it will clean it up all for you.

Hope it helps.

Do not worry it will not remove any files only the ones you picked not needed.

Gene nz

On 22/01/2020 3:35 pm, anthony borg wrote:

Hi folks,

Does anyone can explain to me how to use the windows 10 disk clean up
please?
Thanks in advance

Anthony

 


Re: windows 10 disk clean up

Dale Leavens
 

Remember when doing disk maintainance that many modern computers now have fixed otherwise solid state discs which are not actually discs at all.  These should not be defragmented.  Defraging a physical hard disc will often improve speed of access but solid state memory has limited read/write cycles so defraging while it will rearrange files and file segments this involves rewriting parts of files to different parts of the memory therby ultimately shortening the life of the device.  Since the SSD isn’t actually moving the read/write time isn’t effected by defragmenting the memory.

Clean up old no longer used or orphaned files to improve the capacity of your disc memory but don’t defrag a fixed disc.

Cheers.


Dale Leavens
Cochrane Ontario Canada
.
Come visit our polar bears!

On Jan 22, 2020, at 2:28 PM, Arlene <nedster66@...> wrote:



Sarah, When you run these things? Does it make your computer run faster after cleaning the hidden things in your computer? 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Sarah k Alawami
Sent: January 22, 2020 9:36 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] windows 10 disk clean up

 

Why not do cleanmgr /sageset / then cleanmgr /sagerun:1 as I do this all thet iem for my disk clean up. You can see many many hidden items that real disk clean up does not show you, and it sitll will not hurt your system. You do these from the run dialogue by the way.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. This is also our libsyn page as well.

to subscribe to the feed click here

Our telegram channel is also a good place for an announce only in regard to podcasts, contests, etc.

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on [twitch.](twitch.tv/ke7zum] Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 21 Jan 2020, at 19:10, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:

Hi

press the windows key and when the search box comes up type in disk it will come up with a result called disk cleanup/ Press the enter key on it. It will then come to another screen there you can pick your drive to do it to it is a combo box it will usually default to c: drive. You can use the down arrow key to go to another if you want to. What ever one you pick say c: drive you will then need to tab to ok button then press the enter key. It will then calculate how much can be cleaned up.

It will give you a list of areas it can clean up and say those areas. There is a check box next to each one. You can arrow down the list and use the space bar to check the box.

Down towards the bottom of the list you will then need to tab as the down arrow key will not take you any further.. If you tab once it will land on a system files button I think it was called. Press the enter key and repeate the process like before except this for will be for system files. Then at the bottom of the list you have selected all the ones you want removed you will then need to tab to the ok button then press the enter key.

It will then give you a message just say yes to it and then it will clean it up all for you.

Hope it helps.

Do not worry it will not remove any files only the ones you picked not needed.

Gene nz

On 22/01/2020 3:35 pm, anthony borg wrote:

Hi folks,

Does anyone can explain to me how to use the windows 10 disk clean up
please?
Thanks in advance

Anthony