Date   

Re: Donation Too nerve wracking

Gene
 

They are completely different pages and they take you to different Pay Pal pages as well.  While it might make sense to have a page geared more toward the general public and a page you get to when downloading the browser, you should get to the same donate page after looking at the introductory material. 
 
Also, the page you get to using the donate link in the screen-reader doesn't have a way to give other amounts than the preselected ones.  There are so many selections this may not matter, but even so, one page doesn't and the other page does.
 
Neither Pay Pal page allows you to change the amount, but one NVDA page allows you to set your own rate if you wish and the other page doesn't.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----

Sent: Monday, February 10, 2020 8:17 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Donation Too nerve wracking

Hi Gene


It looks as though there are different results depending which way you go in.


For example from the screen reader and I think the donate link on there website it shows buttons and it is the one off donation when it takes you to another page you can not edit.


But if you look say under the down load link page they show as radio buttons and if you pick one off donation it will let you edit the amount to donate but then nothing after that even if you press the enter key there does not seem to be even a button there to do that.


i can see why people are having problems.


I reported the other 2 to quenton but when he replies also add in the one from the down load page which reports differently.


you can have a sus to see what I mean.


Gene nz


On 11/02/2020 2:54 pm, Gene wrote:
I don't know what part of the form you are working with.  if you start with the donate form on the page that discusses downloading and askks users to donate, they are radio buttons.  But I don't know where you are looking.  and I can move through them with r.
 
Are you on a page you get to after you follow the download button and are on the page where you continue after making your selection on the first page? 
 
Gene
----- Origial message -----
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2020 7:12 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Donation Too nerve wracking

Hi Gene


NVA says they are buttons not radio buttons so can be skipped down by the letter B


If you then say pick one that you can donate to monthly mine is setup to do with pay pal which I think was one of the options then just a matter of signing in and paying that way.


I see where the problem comes in is a once off donation when it takes you to the next screen you can not edit the amount so most people would stop there and go no further If i did say then go to donate i would be guessing it was the 200 not the lets say 10 bucks.


I would not go any further so no donation that way.


Gene nz


On 11/02/2020 1:27 pm, Gene wrote:
One thing I haven't examined yet fully, but which I think is the case from what I looked at, is that if someone tabs through the radio buttons, which they shouldn't do on an unfamiliar form, only the radio button will be announced and not the associated text.  Someone who knows how to work with forms well won't find this a problem but a lot of blind people don't know how to work with forms well.  If this were changed, it would make it easier for those who aren't good at filling out forms. 
 
That still doesn't tell people if they are in the one time donation or the recurring donation part of the form.  The only way I can see as I think about it now, though there may be others, is to have the form divided with links telling people what they will be working with. 
In other words, at the start of the form, a link would say something like click here to make a one time donation.  On the line below, there would be a link that says click here to make a monthly donation.
As things are now, these parts of the form are on the same page with text telling people where they are.  But a lot of blind people tab through a form or through most of it.  That is, I believe, the result of poor instruction or of people just picking things up as they go. 
 
The form designers need to decide if they want to help people learn to use forms with instructions and keeping the form as it is, or if they want to make the form useable by people who just tab through everything.
 
Earlier, I said that the form should not be dumbed down.  But on reflection, I'll say that it depends on what the designers want to do, to educate in that context or make something so easy to use that it takes nothing but tabbing.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2020 4:58 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Donation Too nerve wracking

Please explain how the form is badly designed. It can't be simpler.

You need to select what type of donation you want. Either you have a set of radio buttons on the Download page, or a set of buttons on the donate page.


On 2/10/2020 2:46 PM, James Bentley wrote:

I’m not certain as to who is saying the phrase, “kiss of death” but I agree.

 

It took me well over a year to finally finally set up a small monthly donation to NVDA.  I wonder how many dollars are not getting where they need to go because of a combination of persons with less PC skills and apparently, a web designer or, at least the form designer also having less skills.

 

We need NVDA to grow world wide so more persons will have free access to NVDA.

 

I use Jaws and Narrator too but, NVDA needs to prosper.  I hope some one will fix this unnecessary complicated process.

 

Regards,

 

James B

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2020 3:40 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Donation Too nerve wracking

 

On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 04:34 PM, Jackie wrote:

The problem is that too many, I think assume a lack of skill, when at least part of the problem may indeed be due to implementation.

And, in this case, it seems to be a combination of both, which is often the absolute kiss of death.
 
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

Power is being told you're not loved and not being destroyed by it.

       ~ Madonna

 

 


Re: questions for Newest nvda update.

Adriani Botez
 

Hey guys,

Please think seriously to either integrate remote into nvda or overtake the addon and maintain it at nv access. It‘s such a mess with this addon... No feedback from developers, no clear statement on its future elopment, nothing. We get a lot of user complaints and reports in every community worldwide. There are so many people impacted by this...

And by the way, the unicorn product would be much easier to promote if at least the remote addon was part of Nvda.


Best
Adriani
evdev

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 11.02.2020 um 06:14 schrieb Quentin Christensen <quentin@...>:


Hi Andrew,

There will be an update for NVDA Remote, I don't know exactly when that will be out however.

For Eloquence, if you go to https://codefactoryglobal.com/app-store/voices-for-nvda/ and under the "Get the app" link the first download (the beta version) is the one which is compatible with 2019.3.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 4:03 PM Andrew Martinez <Andrewmartinez415019@...> wrote:

Greedings to the Nvda community, was wondering if there will be an update for the nvdaremote addon, and eloquence addon?

Thank you for any information.

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 



--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager



Re: Problem with NVDA 19.3 and Outlook 2010

Adriani Botez
 

You can try to run the com registration fixing tool in nvda menu / tools.
Also when you are in Outlook, press windows+up arrow to maximize the window.

Best
Adriani


Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 11.02.2020 um 00:19 schrieb Sky Mundell <skyt@...>:



Hello list. I found a problem with NVDA 2019.3. When I open up outlook and I use my down arrow key, Nvda doesn’t speak the list of messages, but when I alt tab out of the inbox, and I alt tab back into the inbox, everything works. What could be causing this? This doesn’t happen in NVDA 2019.2.1.


Re: ConsoleTimer

Adriani Botez
 

Look under the development versions on the website. Some addons are not declared as stable


Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 11.02.2020 um 07:03 schrieb Arlene <nedster66@...>:



I did not see it either on the addons page.  Clipspeak is still there but it’s the 2017 version witch is not compatible with this newer version of NVDA. Nor is  the Audio Themes addon.  I liked it. Has there been updates to those addons?

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Gary
Sent: February 10, 2020 1:09 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] ConsoleTimer

 

I don't know if anyone uses ConsoleTimer by Derek riemer

(https://github.com/derekriemer/consoleTimer), but I'm assuming it's

dead based on the fact that I couldn't even find it in the official

addons web site for NVDA.  Does anyone know the status of this addon

or if there is an alternative?  Here's what it does:

 

"When using command lines over ssh, usually, there's network lag. This

lag is expected, however, the way NVDA handles cursor movement is not

friendly with lag in terminals, because this operation is a

synchrinous opperation. This causes NVDA to wrongly report the wrong

letter when moving to another letter with the arrow keys. For example,

if the user is on the p of grep, and they press right arrow, they may

hear "t" instead of space. This is due to NVDA not waiting long enough

to actually properly handle this cursor movement. This addon was

written because I do lots of server administration, and I wanted

cursor navigation to work.

TLDR usage instructions

When in a console, if NVDA is missing or repeating letters as you move

around, simply press nvda+shift+pageup to teach it to be more patient,

or if it is too laggy, press nvda+shift+page down to teach it to be

less patient. This addon will have no affect outside terminals, and

the patience changes by .01 for every keypress.

How to make this work with custom terminals"

 

Thanks,

Gary

 

 

 


landmarks and regions

 

Hi.

I think these controls should be seperated in settings.

I do not mind landmarks, they nave never bothered me however, especially when brousing round I get extranious text frames, and section headers.

Just like the emphasis issue a little back, I have no use or want this stuff at least in general useage.

I am sure it has its use b ut I don't need it for my simple web brousing unless it is important.

At least I have a more or less normal web experience now.


Re: nvda 2019.3 vocalizer, and remote support

 

I faced the same issue! Vocalizer driver and all the voices I want will install, but I got no speech.


Re: questions for Newest nvda update.

Arlene
 

Okay thanks. I’ll go get good old clip speak.

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Quentin Christensen
Sent: February 10, 2020 10:02 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] questions for Newest nvda update.

 

According to  https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/nvdapy3.en.html

Clipspeak has been updated, and Audio themes is in the process of being updated.

 

Kind regards

 

Quentin.

 

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 4:53 PM Arlene <nedster66@...> wrote:

Hi list. Is there any updates to clipspeak and audio themes?

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Andrew Martinez
Sent: February 10, 2020 9:03 PM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: [nvda] questions for Newest nvda update.

 

Greedings to the Nvda community, was wondering if there will be an update for the nvdaremote addon, and eloquence addon?

Thank you for any information.

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

 


 

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

 

 

 


Re: ConsoleTimer

Arlene
 

I did not see it either on the addons page.  Clipspeak is still there but it’s the 2017 version witch is not compatible with this newer version of NVDA. Nor is  the Audio Themes addon.  I liked it. Has there been updates to those addons?

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Gary
Sent: February 10, 2020 1:09 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] ConsoleTimer

 

I don't know if anyone uses ConsoleTimer by Derek riemer

(https://github.com/derekriemer/consoleTimer), but I'm assuming it's

dead based on the fact that I couldn't even find it in the official

addons web site for NVDA.  Does anyone know the status of this addon

or if there is an alternative?  Here's what it does:

 

"When using command lines over ssh, usually, there's network lag. This

lag is expected, however, the way NVDA handles cursor movement is not

friendly with lag in terminals, because this operation is a

synchrinous opperation. This causes NVDA to wrongly report the wrong

letter when moving to another letter with the arrow keys. For example,

if the user is on the p of grep, and they press right arrow, they may

hear "t" instead of space. This is due to NVDA not waiting long enough

to actually properly handle this cursor movement. This addon was

written because I do lots of server administration, and I wanted

cursor navigation to work.

TLDR usage instructions

When in a console, if NVDA is missing or repeating letters as you move

around, simply press nvda+shift+pageup to teach it to be more patient,

or if it is too laggy, press nvda+shift+page down to teach it to be

less patient. This addon will have no affect outside terminals, and

the patience changes by .01 for every keypress.

How to make this work with custom terminals"

 

Thanks,

Gary

 

 

 


Re: questions for Newest nvda update.

Quentin Christensen
 

According to  https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/nvdapy3.en.html
Clipspeak has been updated, and Audio themes is in the process of being updated.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 4:53 PM Arlene <nedster66@...> wrote:

Hi list. Is there any updates to clipspeak and audio themes?

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Andrew Martinez
Sent: February 10, 2020 9:03 PM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: [nvda] questions for Newest nvda update.

 

Greedings to the Nvda community, was wondering if there will be an update for the nvdaremote addon, and eloquence addon?

Thank you for any information.

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

 



--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager



Is CodeFactory SAPI Eloquence compatible with 2019/3

Jeff Samco
 

I'm on NVDA 2019.2 and use the CodeFactory SAPI voices. Do I need to update Eloquence to work with the new 2019.3 version of NVDA? If so, please give details.
Thanks,
Jeff


Re: questions for Newest nvda update.

Arlene
 

Hi list. Is there any updates to clipspeak and audio themes?

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Andrew Martinez
Sent: February 10, 2020 9:03 PM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: [nvda] questions for Newest nvda update.

 

Greedings to the Nvda community, was wondering if there will be an update for the nvdaremote addon, and eloquence addon?

Thank you for any information.

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

 


text frame

 

Hi.

Whenever I am mucking about on websites, I get these group things and this thing called text frame.

What use are these?

Also how to make them go away?

I found how to stop groups, but not text frame, I don't want text frame going on while brousing the web it may have some use other places neither do I want to have section header announced all the time either.

I view a lot of blogs and twitter and this is a bit anoying.

It obviously has its place I just don't want it when brousing the net.


Re: questions for Newest nvda update.

Quentin Christensen
 

Hi Andrew,

There will be an update for NVDA Remote, I don't know exactly when that will be out however.

For Eloquence, if you go to https://codefactoryglobal.com/app-store/voices-for-nvda/ and under the "Get the app" link the first download (the beta version) is the one which is compatible with 2019.3.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 4:03 PM Andrew Martinez <Andrewmartinez415019@...> wrote:

Greedings to the Nvda community, was wondering if there will be an update for the nvdaremote addon, and eloquence addon?

Thank you for any information.

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 



--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager



Re: Alternatives to quickly change between voices and/or synths?

Alina
 

I use this add-on too, so thanks for the link.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

John 3:16

On 10/02/2020 22:10, Ralf Kefferpuetz wrote:

https://github.com/tspivey/switchSynth/releases/download/v1.03/switchSynth-1.03.nvda-addon

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gerardo Corripio
Sent: Montag, 10. Februar 2020 19:54
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Alternatives to quickly change between voices and/or synths?

 

I’ve always with NVDA, because I’m dulingual, have used the Switch Synth AddOn, which isn’t yet compatible with NVDA 2019.3, for via a keystroke switching be using Vocalizer, or ViaVoice, switch quickly between the English or Spanish voice. I tried setting up a profile that’d allow me to do this, but it doesn’t work as I’d like it to, for instance 1 for ViaVoice LatinAmerican Spanish, 2 for American English etc; like I have it set it up with SwitchSynth now. What alternative do you guys have, and will they make the SwitchSynth AddOn compatible? If I do update to the latest NVDA, I plan to continue using (hopefully it’s compatible with the latest version) Synth ring settings selector, however what I don’t like about this one is that when in ViaVoice, you switch to American english, the speed is the same as in the Latin American Spanish; I’d like to have it a little bit slower for English than Spanish. Thanks for any info you guys might have on this matter.

 

                                                                                              Enviado desde Correo para Windows 10

 


Re: Donation Too nerve wracking

Quentin Christensen
 

Hi everyone,

Ok, well from all the conversation, it looks like regardless of what we thought of the donation form, it might be worth reviewing.  Thanks for all your comments!

Quentin.

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 1:41 PM hurrikennyandopo ... <hurrikennyandopo@...> wrote:

Hi gene


Correction for the download page after you pick your amount and enter it in you need to go to the download button then it will pop up a page to in my case pay pal to donate after I have signed in.


So am guessing it is all right there.


Seems to be on the donate page either through the screen reader or on the website.


Gene nz


On 11/02/2020 3:17 pm, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:

Hi Gene


It looks as though there are different results depending which way you go in.


For example from the screen reader and I think the donate link on there website it shows buttons and it is the one off donation when it takes you to another page you can not edit.


But if you look say under the down load link page they show as radio buttons and if you pick one off donation it will let you edit the amount to donate but then nothing after that even if you press the enter key there does not seem to be even a button there to do that.


i can see why people are having problems.


I reported the other 2 to quenton but when he replies also add in the one from the down load page which reports differently.


you can have a sus to see what I mean.


Gene nz


On 11/02/2020 2:54 pm, Gene wrote:
I don't know what part of the form you are working with.  if you start with the donate form on the page that discusses downloading and askks users to donate, they are radio buttons.  But I don't know where you are looking.  and I can move through them with r.
 
Are you on a page you get to after you follow the download button and are on the page where you continue after making your selection on the first page? 
 
Gene
----- Origial message -----
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2020 7:12 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Donation Too nerve wracking

Hi Gene


NVA says they are buttons not radio buttons so can be skipped down by the letter B


If you then say pick one that you can donate to monthly mine is setup to do with pay pal which I think was one of the options then just a matter of signing in and paying that way.


I see where the problem comes in is a once off donation when it takes you to the next screen you can not edit the amount so most people would stop there and go no further If i did say then go to donate i would be guessing it was the 200 not the lets say 10 bucks.


I would not go any further so no donation that way.


Gene nz


On 11/02/2020 1:27 pm, Gene wrote:
One thing I haven't examined yet fully, but which I think is the case from what I looked at, is that if someone tabs through the radio buttons, which they shouldn't do on an unfamiliar form, only the radio button will be announced and not the associated text.  Someone who knows how to work with forms well won't find this a problem but a lot of blind people don't know how to work with forms well.  If this were changed, it would make it easier for those who aren't good at filling out forms. 
 
That still doesn't tell people if they are in the one time donation or the recurring donation part of the form.  The only way I can see as I think about it now, though there may be others, is to have the form divided with links telling people what they will be working with. 
In other words, at the start of the form, a link would say something like click here to make a one time donation.  On the line below, there would be a link that says click here to make a monthly donation.
As things are now, these parts of the form are on the same page with text telling people where they are.  But a lot of blind people tab through a form or through most of it.  That is, I believe, the result of poor instruction or of people just picking things up as they go. 
 
The form designers need to decide if they want to help people learn to use forms with instructions and keeping the form as it is, or if they want to make the form useable by people who just tab through everything.
 
Earlier, I said that the form should not be dumbed down.  But on reflection, I'll say that it depends on what the designers want to do, to educate in that context or make something so easy to use that it takes nothing but tabbing.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2020 4:58 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Donation Too nerve wracking

Please explain how the form is badly designed. It can't be simpler.

You need to select what type of donation you want. Either you have a set of radio buttons on the Download page, or a set of buttons on the donate page.


On 2/10/2020 2:46 PM, James Bentley wrote:

I’m not certain as to who is saying the phrase, “kiss of death” but I agree.

 

It took me well over a year to finally finally set up a small monthly donation to NVDA.  I wonder how many dollars are not getting where they need to go because of a combination of persons with less PC skills and apparently, a web designer or, at least the form designer also having less skills.

 

We need NVDA to grow world wide so more persons will have free access to NVDA.

 

I use Jaws and Narrator too but, NVDA needs to prosper.  I hope some one will fix this unnecessary complicated process.

 

Regards,

 

James B

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2020 3:40 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Donation Too nerve wracking

 

On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 04:34 PM, Jackie wrote:

The problem is that too many, I think assume a lack of skill, when at least part of the problem may indeed be due to implementation.

And, in this case, it seems to be a combination of both, which is often the absolute kiss of death.
 
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

Power is being told you're not loved and not being destroyed by it.

       ~ Madonna

 

 



--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager



questions for Newest nvda update.

 

Greedings to the Nvda community, was wondering if there will be an update for the nvdaremote addon, and eloquence addon?

Thank you for any information.

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 


Re: Problem with NVDA 19.3 and Outlook 2010

Quentin Christensen
 

Yep, you can send any logs to info@... (along with a description so I know what it's about).

Also as you've just updated, make sure you have restarted the computer and can still replicate it after that as something things can go a bit funny in that period between updating and restarting.

Regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 10:46 AM hurrikennyandopo ... <hurrikennyandopo@...> wrote:

Hi


There has been another lady on another list with the same version you have also say the same thing.


To help NVACCESS catch these problems could you do the following.

Under the general settings in nvda set log in level to debug then apply your settings.

This should hopefully catch what is happening.

next restart nvda then go into out look and get it to try and reproduce the problem and what you have to do to make it do it please write into a email and paste the log into it.


Once you reproduced the problem in debug mode, then save the log. Save it to your desk top so it is easy to find.

The log can be found under tools then view log. there is a short cut for it but can not remember what it is at present.



Actually it is the nvda key + F1 key to bring it up then save it to the desk top then either paste into a email to nvaccess or you can do a ticket but if you do not have a account you will have to make one then fill in the fields to make a ticket at The basics of making a ticket for NVACCESS,If and when you discover a bug in NVDA, you can create a ticket and have it looked into. For a written tutorial on the basics of making a ticket for NVACCESS please visit the following link The basics of making a ticket for NVACCESS

Actually I pointed you to wards a page on my website that gives you a idea of what to do first and from there is a link to where you can do one.


If you have quentins email you might be able to send it to him and the steps to reproduce the problem along with the attachment


Gene nz

.

On 11/02/2020 12:19 pm, Sky Mundell wrote:

Hello list. I found a problem with NVDA 2019.3. When I open up outlook and I use my down arrow key, Nvda doesn’t speak the list of messages, but when I alt tab out of the inbox, and I alt tab back into the inbox, everything works. What could be causing this? This doesn’t happen in NVDA 2019.2.1.



--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager



Re: nvda 2019.3 vocalizer, and remote support

Ibrahim Abedrabbo
 

Sorry Rui,
I downloaded the vocalizer add on you recommended in your link and re-downloaded the voices I need and installed all of them, but it did not help. This time I did not get a message that they are not compatible, but I got no speech at all. How do I remove the installation activation of the vocalizer so that I can reuse it? I do not want to lose one activation trying and failing.
I now reinstalled NVDA 2019.2 and everything is working normal.
Where can I find the instruction on how to remove the activation and restore it in another installation?

Regards,
Ibrahim

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rui Fontes
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2020 4:48 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] nvda 2019.3 vocalizer, and remote support

Hello!

You can get a NVDA 2019.3.1 compatible version at:
https://www.tiflotecnia.net/Instal/vocalizer_expressive_driver-3.1.0.nvda-addon

It still have one or two problems, but we are taking care of them...

Best regards,
Costumer support
Tiflotecnia, Lda.

Às 13:26 de 10/02/2020, David Mehler escreveu:
Hello,

I just updated to nvda 2019.3 and a bunch of my addons which wouldn't
update just broke/disabled. One of them is my nuance vocalizer drivers
and synth. I'm not seeing anything on addons.nvda-project.org on this.
Another is nvda remote support. Does this addon have a 2019.3
compatible version? I just checked addons.nvda-project.org and stable
looks like it isn't, actually i'm not seeing a download for that at
all.

Suggestions welcome.

Thanks.
Dave.



Re: NVDA 2019.3 released

Quentin Christensen
 

Hi Pascal,

You can get the official Eloquence add-on from: https://codefactoryglobal.com/app-store/voices-for-nvda/

Re the combo box, someone else reported the same thing, although I can't replicate it myself.  Are you in the donation section of the download page, or the donation page?

On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 11:38 PM <coccinelle@...> wrote:

Good morning Quentin,

Please, where can one download an Eloquent synthesizer  version that is compatible with NVDA 2019.3?

I tried to donate this morning and I found the spin button did not work for me.  Why can’t we use a combo box to choose the amount and another one to choose whether it is a monthly or single donation?

Many thanks

Blessings

Pascal

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2020 6:44 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA 2019.3 released

 

Hi everyone,

 

NV Access is very pleased to present the long awaited next installment of the world's most popular screen reader:  NVDA 2019.3!

 

NVDA 2019.3 is a very significant release containing many under-the-hood changes including the upgrade of Python 2 to Python 3, and a major re-write of NVDA’s speech subsystem. Although these changes do break compatibility with older NVDA add-ons, the upgrade to Python 3 is necessary for security, and the changes to speech allow for some exciting innovations in the near future.

Other highlights in this release include 64 bit support for Java VMs, Screen Curtain and Focus Highlight functionality, support for more braille displays and a new Braille viewer, and many many other bug fixes.

Please note, after updating any software, it is a good idea to restart the computer. Restart by going to the Shutdown dialog, selecting “restart” and pressing ENTER. Updating software can change files which are in use. This can lead to instability and strange behaviour which is resolved by rebooting. This is the first thing to try if you do notice anything odd after updating.

 

To read the full release, and download NVDA, please see the announcement at: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2019-3-released/

 

Kind regards

 

Quentin.

 

-- 

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

 

 



--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager



Re: NVDA 2019.3 released

Quentin Christensen
 

Hi Brian,

I'd be interested in the log if you still have it.  They should be in the %temp% directory - the log for either the currently running, or most recently running session of NVDA, is nvda.log,  The log from the time before that is nvda-old.log

Which version were you updating from?

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 2:14 AM Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:
Just thought I'd post this as it is a first for me:  NVDA would not update from the "in NVDA" update process.  It failed and said to see the log.

I downloaded the new installer and that worked perfectly, and without having to uninstall the existing NVDA installation.  I probably should have posted this before going that route, as I believe I've probably now overwritten the log.  However, if the log is appended to, and anyone on the development team would like for me to send them a copy, just let me know.  I won't likely be using NVDA at all additionally today so the log is going to remain however it happens to be at the moment.

As a completely unrelated aside, can anyone tell me why NVDA announces, "Switch to USB Dialog Adapter Combo Box," as the first thing after starting virtually every time?  I've grown used to it, but I cannot for the life of me figure out what it thinks it has focus on such that this is what is announced.  And that quote is verbatim.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

Power is being told you're not loved and not being destroyed by it.

       ~ Madonna

 

 



--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager