Date   

locked Re: Looking for An Antivirus software for my computer

Francis Leadley
 

I used AVG Free Antivirus on XP even bough the full version from AVG


On Fri, Apr 3, 2020 at 9:32 PM Francis Leadley via groups.io <leadleyfrancis0=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Try this site majorgeeks.com It offers free softw but you can buy the full version from the site

On Fri, Apr 3, 2020 at 8:35 PM Ibrahim Ajayi <kobisko@...> wrote:
Hi good people:
Please I am looking for a very good antivirus software, that can
effectively work with the screen reader without any problems.
I previously used microsoft security essentials, but microsoft has
stopped supporting windows 7 8 and xp operating systems, and since I
use windows7, the software is now useless because it can not be
updated any longer.
I tried out Avira at a time, but it slowed down my computer seriously,
making it extremely difficult to use the system.  I also tried out
Avast at a time, but it interfered all the time with the screen
reader.  Getting to remove it from my computer was a problem, and I
had to get sighted assistance to do just that for me.
 Right now, my computer is now exposed to risk.
So, please kindly recommend a free antivirus software that will not
slow down my computer, and will not interfere with the functionality
of the screen reader.
Looking forward to read from you lovely people.
Thanking you all in advance.
Ibrahim.




locked Re: Looking for An Antivirus software for my computer

Francis Leadley
 

Try this site majorgeeks.com It offers free softw but you can buy the full version from the site

On Fri, Apr 3, 2020 at 8:35 PM Ibrahim Ajayi <kobisko@...> wrote:
Hi good people:
Please I am looking for a very good antivirus software, that can
effectively work with the screen reader without any problems.
I previously used microsoft security essentials, but microsoft has
stopped supporting windows 7 8 and xp operating systems, and since I
use windows7, the software is now useless because it can not be
updated any longer.
I tried out Avira at a time, but it slowed down my computer seriously,
making it extremely difficult to use the system.  I also tried out
Avast at a time, but it interfered all the time with the screen
reader.  Getting to remove it from my computer was a problem, and I
had to get sighted assistance to do just that for me.
 Right now, my computer is now exposed to risk.
So, please kindly recommend a free antivirus software that will not
slow down my computer, and will not interfere with the functionality
of the screen reader.
Looking forward to read from you lovely people.
Thanking you all in advance.
Ibrahim.




locked Re: Looking for An Antivirus software for my computer

Ibrahim Ajayi
 

Thanks Gene and Brian:
To you Brian, how an I get the upgrade from windows7 to windows10.
You said it is at no cost: That is contrary to the information I have,
but I assume you know better.
Ibrahim.

On 4/4/20, Brian Vogel <@britechguy> wrote:
Gene, you are correct that Windows Security (formerly Windows Defender) as
implemented in Windows 8 and later is a top-flight full-service security
suite.  Anyone who want's the scoop on that can find it at third party labs
that test security software. *See the most recent plus the last several
years of historical test results from:*

*AV Test* ( https://www.av-test.org/en )

*AV Comparatives* ( https://www.av-comparatives.org/ )

*SE Labs* ( https://selabs.uk/en/pages/index ) *(Reports Page)*

*MRG Effitas* ( https://www.mrg-effitas.com/ ) *(360 Protection Testing
Category)

* Windows Defender in Windows 7 and earlier is not even an antivirus
program.  Since support for Windows 7 is officially over, even if Microsoft
Security Essentials (
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5201 ) is still
getting definition updates at the moment (and I am not certain it is) those
could stop at any moment.

The upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 is still available at no cost.
Those who have not migrated to Windows 10 would be well advised to do so as
soon as possible.  Using an unsupported version of Windows is just begging
for disaster.

You are also correct that Windows 8.1 will be supported through January
2023.

--

Brian *-* Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363

*Power is being told you're not loved and not being destroyed by it.*

~ Madonna




locked Re: Looking for An Antivirus software for my computer

 

Gene, you are correct that Windows Security (formerly Windows Defender) as implemented in Windows 8 and later is a top-flight full-service security suite.  Anyone who want's the scoop on that can find it at third party labs that test security software.  See the most recent plus the last several years of historical test results from:

AV Test

AV Comparatives

SE Labs  (Reports Page)

MRG Effitas  (360 Protection Testing Category)

Windows Defender in Windows 7 and earlier is not even an antivirus program.  Since support for Windows 7 is officially over, even if Microsoft Security Essentials is still getting definition updates at the moment (and I am not certain it is) those could stop at any moment.

The upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 is still available at no cost.  Those who have not migrated to Windows 10 would be well advised to do so as soon as possible.  Using an unsupported version of Windows is just begging for disaster.

You are also correct that Windows 8.1 will be supported through January 2023.



--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

Power is being told you're not loved and not being destroyed by it.

       ~ Madonna

 

 


locked Re: Looking for An Antivirus software for my computer

Gene
 

Microsoft is still providing definition updates for Windows Security
Essentials. If you are using Windows 7, you should be using that, not
Windows Defender. The Windows Defender you could get for Windows 7 is
not nearly as good a program. The Windows Defender in Windows 10 and
I believe its the same program in Windows 8 is a good program. I
would be very surprised if you can't get definition updates in Windows
8. As far as i Know, Microsoft is still supporting Windows 8.

Gene

On 4/3/20, Ibrahim Ajayi <@kobisko> wrote:
Hi good people:
Please I am looking for a very good antivirus software, that can
effectively work with the screen reader without any problems.
I previously used microsoft security essentials, but microsoft has
stopped supporting windows 7 8 and xp operating systems, and since I
use windows7, the software is now useless because it can not be
updated any longer.
I tried out Avira at a time, but it slowed down my computer seriously,
making it extremely difficult to use the system. I also tried out
Avast at a time, but it interfered all the time with the screen
reader. Getting to remove it from my computer was a problem, and I
had to get sighted assistance to do just that for me.
Right now, my computer is now exposed to risk.
So, please kindly recommend a free antivirus software that will not
slow down my computer, and will not interfere with the functionality
of the screen reader.
Looking forward to read from you lovely people.
Thanking you all in advance.
Ibrahim.




locked Looking for An Antivirus software for my computer

Ibrahim Ajayi
 

Hi good people:
Please I am looking for a very good antivirus software, that can
effectively work with the screen reader without any problems.
I previously used microsoft security essentials, but microsoft has
stopped supporting windows 7 8 and xp operating systems, and since I
use windows7, the software is now useless because it can not be
updated any longer.
I tried out Avira at a time, but it slowed down my computer seriously,
making it extremely difficult to use the system. I also tried out
Avast at a time, but it interfered all the time with the screen
reader. Getting to remove it from my computer was a problem, and I
had to get sighted assistance to do just that for me.
Right now, my computer is now exposed to risk.
So, please kindly recommend a free antivirus software that will not
slow down my computer, and will not interfere with the functionality
of the screen reader.
Looking forward to read from you lovely people.
Thanking you all in advance.
Ibrahim.


Re: expanding links that won't expand

Daniel Damacena
 

Try to focus the menu and bring the mouse to it. It works to me.

Em 01/04/2020 23:00, Sarah k Alawami escreveu:

I can't really describe this well, but there are links on some pages where if you click them, a menu pops out. I can get this to work on the mac but not that much in windows under nvda 19.2 and 19.3, actually I've ben having the issue since last year. I think they call these fly out menus. I think this is the job of the web dev to fix but is there a work around i"m missing. Here's an example

  1. Go to simmarket.com
  2. I'm not sure if you have to be log in for this but click the my account link. You should see "my wish list, my cart, my orders etc. I cannot get this to expand even after playing with it. Sometimes I can route with nvda backspace but even then after trying that trick the page does not show these options. I'm beginning to go nuts as this is how I can get my keys and stuff for softwares and downloads to updates.

Take care and I hope that helps a bit.

And by the way contacting these devs is not that easy. I've already tried, they don't really care.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on [twitch.](http://twitch.tv/ke7zum] Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page YOu will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here


Re: In-Process is out, and a special interview

Kerryn Gunness
 

thanks

----- Original Message -----
From: "zahra" <nasrinkhaksar3@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, April 3, 2020 11:10 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] In-Process is out, and a special interview


hears the link.

https://www.nvaccess.org/post/in-process-3rd-april-2020/

On 4/3/20, Kerryn Gunness via groups.io <k_gunness=yahoo.ca@groups.io> wrote:
hi quenton, this link seems to be broken

----- Original Message -----
From: Quentin Christensen
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Sent: Friday, April 3, 2020 2:06 AM
Subject: [nvda] In-Process is out, and a special interview


Hi everyone,


A very big In-Process this week, with information on NVDA 2020.1 beta 1,
Preparing for work with @SadamAhmed133 & Accessible Technology Solutions,
Using Zoom with NVDA, @AcapelaGroup extended trial, & tips for some YOU
time, all in this week's In-Process!
https://wwwnvaccess.org/post/in-process-3rd-april-2020/


Enjoy, and stay safe and healthy everyone!


Quentin.



--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager


Web: www.nvaccess.org

Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/
User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess






--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali


Re: NVDA has Acquired a new, and somewhat annoying Feature

 

On Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 01:02 AM, Governor staten wrote:
If you revert back [from beta channel to release channel for Thunderbird], you have to create a new profile.
And I can confirm that this is absolutely true, having just done this for someone else this morning.

Yet another reason for me to get on my IMAP soapbox.  With Thunderbird and most modern e-mail clients it takes a few minutes, at most, to re-create an e-mail account in the client, and with IMAP all of your messages and folders remain entirely intact on the server.  It doesn't matter if you're going back from Thunderbird beta to release, or your machine dies, or you decide to change e-mail clients - with IMAP access everything automatically reappears when an e-mail account is set up on any device.

It sure made it much easier to ditch Thunderbird beta and go back to the release channel software in a few short minutes.
 
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

Power is being told you're not loved and not being destroyed by it.

       ~ Madonna

 

 


Re: most accessible audio recording software with nvda

Sarah k Alawami
 

here is the group link. In there is the email address and list history. I hope archives are viewable by the public.

Take care

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on [twitch.](http://twitch.tv/ke7zum] Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page YOu will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 3 Apr 2020, at 4:56, Jonathan Nadeau wrote:

Okay great! I have heard of this but wasn't sure if it was accessible. Is there a list of people using reaper with nvda? Also how do I get the scripts to use with nvda? Thanks again for all your help.



On 4/2/2020 5:52 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

You can use reaper, audacity is free, but I personally do not like it. Reaper is about $60 but you get multi ck, midi support and it's very accessible with the osara scripts that have ben written for NVDA.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on [twitch.](http://twitch.tv/ke7zum] Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page YOu will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 2 Apr 2020, at 14:44, Jonathan Nadeau wrote:

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. But I should had wored my question a little different. I should have asked what is the best multi-track recorder for nvda.



On 4/2/2020 5:24 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

Yep. I used to use CDEX as a recording tool when I was in class to quickly record, then I would edit and split later, taking out the dead time when I was writing an essay durin class etc.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on [twitch.](http://twitch.tv/ke7zum] Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page YOu will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 2 Apr 2020, at 13:32, David Griffith wrote:

 

This is not correct.

CDex has an analogue  recording function  so is perfectly feasible as a recording tool.

Check out the second menu option under Tools – analogue recording where you can set input devices including  choice of microphone and you can also specify sampling rates etc.

 

David Griffith

 

David Griffith

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: 02 April 2020 21:14
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] most accessible audio recording software with nvda

 

CDex is not a recording program.  It is a CD ripping program. 

 

It really isn’t a good idea for people, and I see it when evber such a question is asked, to recommend Goldwave without first knowing what a person wants to do.  Goldwave is not free.  It isn’t expensive unless you don’t have much money and you are on a tight budget, but it does cost something like forty or fifty U.S. dollars. 

 

If you just want to record and edit mp3 files, MP3 Direct Cut is a much better choice.  If you want to record and work with other formats, other programs would be used, MP3 Direct Cut only works with MP3 files but since many people just want to record and edit MP3 files, the way the person wants to use the program needs to be found out before making a recommendation.

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2020 1:45 PM

Subject: Re: [nvda] most accessible audio recording software with nvda

 

i would recommend gold wave and c dex, as someone else suggested

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jonathan Nadeau" <nadeau.jon@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, April 2, 2020 9:28 AM
Subject: [nvda] most accessible audio recording software with nvda


> Greetings list,
>
>
> Please excuse if this isn't the correct list for this question. Using nvda
> what is the most accessible audio recording software? If anyone could aim
> me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. I hope everyone
> is staying safe.
>
>
>
>



Re: In-Process is out, and a special interview

 

On 4/3/20, Kerryn Gunness via groups.io <k_gunness=yahoo.ca@groups.io> wrote:
hi quenton, this link seems to be broken

----- Original Message -----
From: Quentin Christensen
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Sent: Friday, April 3, 2020 2:06 AM
Subject: [nvda] In-Process is out, and a special interview


Hi everyone,


A very big In-Process this week, with information on NVDA 2020.1 beta 1,
Preparing for work with @SadamAhmed133 & Accessible Technology Solutions,
Using Zoom with NVDA, @AcapelaGroup extended trial, & tips for some YOU
time, all in this week's In-Process!
https://wwwnvaccess.org/post/in-process-3rd-april-2020/


Enjoy, and stay safe and healthy everyone!


Quentin.



--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager


Web: www.nvaccess.org

Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/
User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess





--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali


Re: In-Process is out, and a special interview

Kerryn Gunness
 


hi quenton, this link seems to be broken
 

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, April 3, 2020 2:06 AM
Subject: [nvda] In-Process is out, and a special interview

Hi everyone,

A very big In-Process this week, with information on NVDA 2020.1 beta 1, Preparing for work with @SadamAhmed133 & Accessible Technology Solutions, Using Zoom with NVDA, @AcapelaGroup extended trial, & tips for some YOU time, all in this week's In-Process! https://wwwnvaccess.org/post/in-process-3rd-april-2020/

Enjoy, and stay safe and healthy everyone!

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager


Re: most accessible audio recording software with nvda

George McCoy
 

Look for reaper without peepers.  I think it's on groups.io.


George

On 4/3/2020 6:56 AM, Jonathan Nadeau wrote:

Okay great! I have heard of this but wasn't sure if it was accessible. Is there a list of people using reaper with nvda? Also how do I get the scripts to use with nvda? Thanks again for all your help.



On 4/2/2020 5:52 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

You can use reaper, audacity is free, but I personally do not like it. Reaper is about $60 but you get multi ck, midi support and it's very accessible with the osara scripts that have ben written for NVDA.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on [twitch.](http://twitch.tv/ke7zum] Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page YOu will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 2 Apr 2020, at 14:44, Jonathan Nadeau wrote:

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. But I should had wored my question a little different. I should have asked what is the best multi-track recorder for nvda.



On 4/2/2020 5:24 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

Yep. I used to use CDEX as a recording tool when I was in class to quickly record, then I would edit and split later, taking out the dead time when I was writing an essay durin class etc.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on [twitch.](http://twitch.tv/ke7zum] Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page YOu will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 2 Apr 2020, at 13:32, David Griffith wrote:

 

This is not correct.

CDex has an analogue  recording function  so is perfectly feasible as a recording tool.

Check out the second menu option under Tools – analogue recording where you can set input devices including  choice of microphone and you can also specify sampling rates etc.

 

David Griffith

 

David Griffith

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: 02 April 2020 21:14
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] most accessible audio recording software with nvda

 

CDex is not a recording program.  It is a CD ripping program. 

 

It really isn’t a good idea for people, and I see it when evber such a question is asked, to recommend Goldwave without first knowing what a person wants to do.  Goldwave is not free.  It isn’t expensive unless you don’t have much money and you are on a tight budget, but it does cost something like forty or fifty U.S. dollars. 

 

If you just want to record and edit mp3 files, MP3 Direct Cut is a much better choice.  If you want to record and work with other formats, other programs would be used, MP3 Direct Cut only works with MP3 files but since many people just want to record and edit MP3 files, the way the person wants to use the program needs to be found out before making a recommendation.

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2020 1:45 PM

Subject: Re: [nvda] most accessible audio recording software with nvda

 

i would recommend gold wave and c dex, as someone else suggested

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jonathan Nadeau" <nadeau.jon@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, April 2, 2020 9:28 AM
Subject: [nvda] most accessible audio recording software with nvda


> Greetings list,
>
>
> Please excuse if this isn't the correct list for this question. Using nvda
> what is the most accessible audio recording software? If anyone could aim
> me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. I hope everyone
> is staying safe.
>
>
>
>



Re: most accessible audio recording software with nvda

Gene
 

The page to read about the list and other information you may be interested in is:
 
According to the information, as I recall, you need to subscribe to the list on a web page, but you can check.  It appears you can’d do so with ee-mail commands, though perhaps there is a way, not described there.
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, April 03, 2020 6:54 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] most accessible audio recording software with nvda
 

Is there a list of users of audacity and nvda? If so can you give me the link? Your time and help is greatly appreciated.

 

 

On 4/2/2020 7:39 PM, Gene wrote:
Best is a meaningless term in this context.  Best for what?  Do you want good effects?  Do you want specific abilities or features?  Your question cannot be properly answered. 
 
However, if you want to try a free multitrack recording program that is quite accessible and that is already used by a lot of blind people, there is a blind users list, you may want to try Audacity.  If you want a program that has professional effects and perhaps other features I don’t know about, you may want something else.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
 
Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2020 4:44 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] most accessible audio recording software with nvda
 

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. But I should had wored my question a little different. I should have asked what is the best multi-track recorder for nvda.

 

 

On 4/2/2020 5:24 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

Yep. I used to use CDEX as a recording tool when I was in class to quickly record, then I would edit and split later, taking out the dead time when I was writing an essay durin class etc.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on [twitch.](http://twitch.tv/ke7zum] Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page YOu will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 2 Apr 2020, at 13:32, David Griffith wrote:

 

This is not correct.

CDex has an analogue  recording function  so is perfectly feasible as a recording tool.

Check out the second menu option under Tools – analogue recording where you can set input devices including  choice of microphone and you can also specify sampling rates etc.

 

David Griffith

 

David Griffith

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: 02 April 2020 21:14
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] most accessible audio recording software with nvda

 

CDex is not a recording program.  It is a CD ripping program. 

 

It really isn’t a good idea for people, and I see it when evber such a question is asked, to recommend Goldwave without first knowing what a person wants to do.  Goldwave is not free.  It isn’t expensive unless you don’t have much money and you are on a tight budget, but it does cost something like forty or fifty U.S. dollars. 

 

If you just want to record and edit mp3 files, MP3 Direct Cut is a much better choice.  If you want to record and work with other formats, other programs would be used, MP3 Direct Cut only works with MP3 files but since many people just want to record and edit MP3 files, the way the person wants to use the program needs to be found out before making a recommendation.

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2020 1:45 PM

Subject: Re: [nvda] most accessible audio recording software with nvda

 

i would recommend gold wave and c dex, as someone else suggested

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jonathan Nadeau" <nadeau.jon@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, April 2, 2020 9:28 AM
Subject: [nvda] most accessible audio recording software with nvda


> Greetings list,
>
>
> Please excuse if this isn't the correct list for this question. Using nvda
> what is the most accessible audio recording software? If anyone could aim
> me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. I hope everyone
> is staying safe.
>
>
>
>



Re: most accessible audio recording software with nvda

Jonathan Nadeau
 

Okay great! I have heard of this but wasn't sure if it was accessible. Is there a list of people using reaper with nvda? Also how do I get the scripts to use with nvda? Thanks again for all your help.



On 4/2/2020 5:52 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

You can use reaper, audacity is free, but I personally do not like it. Reaper is about $60 but you get multi ck, midi support and it's very accessible with the osara scripts that have ben written for NVDA.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on [twitch.](http://twitch.tv/ke7zum] Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page YOu will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 2 Apr 2020, at 14:44, Jonathan Nadeau wrote:

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. But I should had wored my question a little different. I should have asked what is the best multi-track recorder for nvda.



On 4/2/2020 5:24 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

Yep. I used to use CDEX as a recording tool when I was in class to quickly record, then I would edit and split later, taking out the dead time when I was writing an essay durin class etc.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on [twitch.](http://twitch.tv/ke7zum] Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page YOu will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 2 Apr 2020, at 13:32, David Griffith wrote:

 

This is not correct.

CDex has an analogue  recording function  so is perfectly feasible as a recording tool.

Check out the second menu option under Tools – analogue recording where you can set input devices including  choice of microphone and you can also specify sampling rates etc.

 

David Griffith

 

David Griffith

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: 02 April 2020 21:14
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] most accessible audio recording software with nvda

 

CDex is not a recording program.  It is a CD ripping program. 

 

It really isn’t a good idea for people, and I see it when evber such a question is asked, to recommend Goldwave without first knowing what a person wants to do.  Goldwave is not free.  It isn’t expensive unless you don’t have much money and you are on a tight budget, but it does cost something like forty or fifty U.S. dollars. 

 

If you just want to record and edit mp3 files, MP3 Direct Cut is a much better choice.  If you want to record and work with other formats, other programs would be used, MP3 Direct Cut only works with MP3 files but since many people just want to record and edit MP3 files, the way the person wants to use the program needs to be found out before making a recommendation.

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2020 1:45 PM

Subject: Re: [nvda] most accessible audio recording software with nvda

 

i would recommend gold wave and c dex, as someone else suggested

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jonathan Nadeau" <nadeau.jon@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, April 2, 2020 9:28 AM
Subject: [nvda] most accessible audio recording software with nvda


> Greetings list,
>
>
> Please excuse if this isn't the correct list for this question. Using nvda
> what is the most accessible audio recording software? If anyone could aim
> me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. I hope everyone
> is staying safe.
>
>
>
>



Re: most accessible audio recording software with nvda

Jonathan Nadeau
 

Is there a list of users of audacity and nvda? If so can you give me the link? Your time and help is greatly appreciated.



On 4/2/2020 7:39 PM, Gene wrote:
Best is a meaningless term in this context.  Best for what?  Do you want good effects?  Do you want specific abilities or features?  Your question cannot be properly answered. 
 
However, if you want to try a free multitrack recording program that is quite accessible and that is already used by a lot of blind people, there is a blind users list, you may want to try Audacity.  If you want a program that has professional effects and perhaps other features I don’t know about, you may want something else.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
 
Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2020 4:44 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] most accessible audio recording software with nvda
 

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. But I should had wored my question a little different. I should have asked what is the best multi-track recorder for nvda.

 

 

On 4/2/2020 5:24 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

Yep. I used to use CDEX as a recording tool when I was in class to quickly record, then I would edit and split later, taking out the dead time when I was writing an essay durin class etc.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on [twitch.](http://twitch.tv/ke7zum] Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page YOu will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 2 Apr 2020, at 13:32, David Griffith wrote:

 

This is not correct.

CDex has an analogue  recording function  so is perfectly feasible as a recording tool.

Check out the second menu option under Tools – analogue recording where you can set input devices including  choice of microphone and you can also specify sampling rates etc.

 

David Griffith

 

David Griffith

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: 02 April 2020 21:14
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] most accessible audio recording software with nvda

 

CDex is not a recording program.  It is a CD ripping program. 

 

It really isn’t a good idea for people, and I see it when evber such a question is asked, to recommend Goldwave without first knowing what a person wants to do.  Goldwave is not free.  It isn’t expensive unless you don’t have much money and you are on a tight budget, but it does cost something like forty or fifty U.S. dollars. 

 

If you just want to record and edit mp3 files, MP3 Direct Cut is a much better choice.  If you want to record and work with other formats, other programs would be used, MP3 Direct Cut only works with MP3 files but since many people just want to record and edit MP3 files, the way the person wants to use the program needs to be found out before making a recommendation.

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2020 1:45 PM

Subject: Re: [nvda] most accessible audio recording software with nvda

 

i would recommend gold wave and c dex, as someone else suggested

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jonathan Nadeau" <nadeau.jon@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, April 2, 2020 9:28 AM
Subject: [nvda] most accessible audio recording software with nvda


> Greetings list,
>
>
> Please excuse if this isn't the correct list for this question. Using nvda
> what is the most accessible audio recording software? If anyone could aim
> me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. I hope everyone
> is staying safe.
>
>
>
>



In-Process is out, and a special interview

Quentin Christensen
 

Hi everyone,

A very big In-Process this week, with information on NVDA 2020.1 beta 1, Preparing for work with @SadamAhmed133 & Accessible Technology Solutions, Using Zoom with NVDA, @AcapelaGroup extended trial, & tips for some YOU time, all in this week's In-Process! https://www.nvaccess.org/post/in-process-3rd-april-2020/

Enjoy, and stay safe and healthy everyone!

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager


Re: most accessible audio recording software with nvda

Eilana Benish
 

Hello everyone

I would like to recommend using NCH software's for Dictation, recording and editing video audio and pictures ., and you can control almost every aspect of the software with keyboard shortcuts. In addition, you can change or ad keyboard shortcuts. For personal use, the software's are free to use.

 

 




‫בתאריך יום ו׳, 3 באפר׳ 2020 ב-4:16 מאת ‪Gene‬‏ <‪gsasner@...‬‏>:‬

Here is the link.  It was originally the second half of a presentation.  The first half dealt with Audacity but it is old now and there is a considerable amount of new information so I’m not distributing the Audacithy section much.  But the MP3 Direct Cut section is all or almost all current.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: Dan Beaver
Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2020 7:19 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] most accessible audio recording software with nvda
 

Gene,


Yes, please do send that presentation.  I have been trying to do some things and I think I need more intro before I am going to be very successful.


Thank you very much


Dan Beaver

On 4/2/2020 5:10 PM, Gene wrote:
I don’t know why it doesn’t have access but it can be used as a portable program.  the installer places shortcuts in various places to let you conveniently run the program.  I don’t remember how it is packaged.  I haven’t installed it for years but if it is offered as a zip program, you can unzip it wherever you want and use it.
 
Or you can try installing it in a different folder.  Does the installer allow you to change the installation folder?
 
Did you also get the Lame encoder?  You need to place the Lame.dll encoder file in the program folder.  I’m not sure I gave the exact name of the file but its very close and Lame is correct.
 
I can send you a presentation on the basics of how to use the program and it may contain a little installation infrmation.  I did it years ago and I don’t remember exactly what I put in it.
 
Gene
 
----- Original Message -----
From: Dan Beaver
Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2020 3:55 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] most accessible audio recording software with nvda
 

Gene,


I downloaded MP3 direct cut and tried to install it on my system.  I downloaded the version for Win 10.  It won't install, it says it doesn't have access to the folder where it wants to install it.  I will have to figure out another place to install it where it will still work.  Or, I may try to figure out how to authorize it.


It sounds good so thanks for suggesting it in an earlier posting.


Dan Beaver

On 4/2/2020 4:13 PM, Gene wrote:
CDex is not a recording program.  It is a CD ripping program. 
 
It really isn’t a good idea for people, and I see it when evber such a question is asked, to recommend Goldwave without first knowing what a person wants to do.  Goldwave is not free.  It isn’t expensive unless you don’t have much money and you are on a tight budget, but it does cost something like forty or fifty U.S. dollars. 
 
If you just want to record and edit mp3 files, MP3 Direct Cut is a much better choice.  If you want to record and work with other formats, other programs would be used, MP3 Direct Cut only works with MP3 files but since many people just want to record and edit MP3 files, the way the person wants to use the program needs to be found out before making a recommendation.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2020 1:45 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] most accessible audio recording software with nvda
 
i would recommend gold wave and c dex, as someone else suggested

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jonathan Nadeau" mailto:nadeau.jon@...
To: mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io
Sent: Thursday, April 2, 2020 9:28 AM
Subject: [nvda] most accessible audio recording software with nvda


> Greetings list,
>
>
> Please excuse if this isn't the correct list for this question. Using nvda
> what is the most accessible audio recording software? If anyone could aim
> me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. I hope everyone
> is staying safe.
>
>
>
>



-- 
Dan Beaver (KA4DAN)
-- 
Dan Beaver (KA4DAN)



--

 ובכבוד רב | Sincerely,

אילנה בניש מורשה נגישות שירות 2200 | Eilana Benish, service Accessibility authorized (2200)

ניהול פרויקטים – נגישות ושמישות אינטרנט וטכנולוגיות מידע  | Projects manager – Accessibility & usability on internet and ICT

📱 +972-50-7100367 | 📧 benish.ilana@...


Re: How accessible is Zoom with NVDA?

 

On Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 11:01 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
I'm not sure if i contacted them about this . . .
And, even if you did, priorities get set as far as addressing issues based on how many people raise the issue.  All trouble tracking systems have a "critical mass detection" feature where a certain number of reports on the same issue must be logged before it even rises to a second look.

And that makes perfect sense, because, lets face it, the number of possible cases of user errors far outstrips that of software bugs.  But if something is a bug, it should be hitting a significant number of people under the same or similar circumstances, and be able to be replicated.

So, whether beta software or production software, if you hit accessibility issues, report them.  The more of these reports that go in on the same thing the more quickly it will be looked at.
 
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

Power is being told you're not loved and not being destroyed by it.

       ~ Madonna

 

 


Re: How accessible is Zoom with NVDA?

Sarah k Alawami
 

I'm not sure if i contacted them abou tthis, but I would. It seems like they want to now address problems, and they have gotten better at that.

Take care and good luck.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on [twitch.](http://twitch.tv/ke7zum] Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page YOu will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 2 Apr 2020, at 19:46, Stephen wrote:

Yes, I wish they would fix that too.



----- Original Message -----
From: Clement Chou <chou.clement@...>
Reply-To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: 4/3/2020 12:34:53 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] How accessible is Zoom with NVDA?
________________________________________________________________________________

Zom seems decently accessible. But whenever there's an edit box, like
editing the meeting topic or your PMI,NVDA doesn't read the changes or
let you use full editing commands. But changes do work as you type
them so you just have to go off memory, it seems like. Unless there's
something I'm missing?

On 4/2/20, Scott Salzman <scott.salzman@...> wrote:

Thanks for sharing this tip, Michael.

Scott


From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Michael Munn
via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, April 2, 2020 2:19 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] How accessible is Zoom with NVDA?

You can actually enable Global Keyboard Shortcut by go to your Zoom Settings
menu. To do that, press Tab Key until you heard settings. When you get to
the settings menu, Press enter on it.
After you pressed Enter, Press Down Arrow until you find Keyboard Shortcut.
Press Space bar to get in to Keyboard Shortcut. then press Tab until you
heard the following from your Screen Reader: "Learn more Enable Global
Shortcut Button" Then press Down Arrow to find the keyboard shortcut that
you want to enable. The keyboard shortcut are grouped in to a table,
therefore you can Press CTRL+Ault plus the arrow keys to navigate across
the list of shortcut.
I hope the following information can be beneficial.
Best regards
Michael Munn

<http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>
Member: Virginia Association of Blind Students National Federation of the
Blind of Virginia <http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>
www.nfbv.org<http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>
Student of: Hadley Institute of the Blind
<http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>
www.hadley.edu<http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>
<http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>
<http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>
On Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 1:19 PM Matthew Whitaker
<matthew.whitaker2011@...>
wrote:<http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>
Alt + control + shift doesn’t work. Well actually, I can’t tell, because
NVDA is not telling me whether the controls have appeared or not. I’m using
tab to navigate but I’m still getting
nothing.<http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>
<http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>
<http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>
<http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>
Sent from Mail for Windows
10<http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>
<http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>
From: Matthew Whitaker via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, April 2, 2020 1:13 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] How accessible is Zoom with
NVDA?<http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>
<http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>
Ok Thanks. I’ll try again now
<http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>
<http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>
<http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>
<http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>
Sent from Mail for Windows
10<http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>
<http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>
From: Scott Salzman
Sent: Thursday, April 2, 2020 1:11 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] How accessible is Zoom with
NVDA?<http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>
<http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>
I've not experienced Zoom freezing, though I should note that I only use
screen readers for testing, and not for routine use. That said, I've spent
a good bit of time using Zoom with NVDA and JAWS over the past week or so,
and I've taken to exclusively using the Zoom keyboard commands, because
they're so much easier and faster than using a mouse and hunting for the
controls.<http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>
<http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>
As far as the issue of it being difficult to tell which Zoom window is the
one with your session, whenever I use Control+Alt+Shift, that always brings
me back to the Zoom window with the session, and the Zoom controls. You
might consider using Alt+Tab to switch between Zoom and other applications,
and then use Control+Alt+Shift whenever you want to switch back to Zoom. It
should guarantee both a single keyboard command, and getting to the correct
Zoom window.<http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>
<http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>
Scott<http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>
<http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>
<http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Matthew
Whitaker via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, April 2, 2020 1:05 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] How accessible is Zoom with
NVDA?<http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>
<http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>
So I tried everything… it seems that Zoom keeps freezing. I also hear when
I’m switching between different windows with Alt Tab, there are two windows
of Zoom open when in a meeting. I think it’s the Zoom application and the
meeting controls… but I can’t tell, since I’m having issues navigating. I
did enable always show meeting controls in the accessibility settings.
<http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>
<http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>
<http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>
<http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>
Sent from Mail for Windows
10<http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>
<http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>
From: Matthew Whitaker via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, April 2, 2020 11:52 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] How accessible is Zoom with
NVDA?<http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>
<http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>
Thank you so much. I’ll be sure to try out your suggestions. I’ll let you
know how everything goes.<http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>
<http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>
<http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>
<http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>
<http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>
<http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>
<http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>
<http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>
<http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>