Date   

Re: PDF Alternative Apart from Edge?

Sascha Cowley
 

In my experience, Acrobat is even clunkier than it used to be. I still keep it around as it's slightly better with some tagged PDFs, and I often need to fill PDF forms, which Edge doesn't support.

On 6/05/2020 07:39, Clement Chou wrote:
Thanks. I'll give that a try... last time I tried adobe reader it was
a bit clunky at best... hopefully things have improved a little. Just
wanted to see what others were using.

On 5/5/20, molly the blind tech lover <brainardmolly@...> wrote:
Hi.
You might want to try adobe acrobat. There is a free version. You can have
pdfs open in adobe and read them that way if you like.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Clement Chou
Sent: Tuesday, May 5, 2020 4:43 PM
To: nvda <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Subject: [nvda] PDF Alternative Apart from Edge?

Been using Edge to read PDF's for awhile now, but am trying to find one
that's more dedicated and that works better than Edge. Any recommendations?
Adobe products still the best solution? Or is there a more accesible
alternative?








Re: PDF Alternative Apart from Edge?

molly the blind tech lover
 

You're welcome ☺

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Clement Chou
Sent: Tuesday, May 5, 2020 5:39 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] PDF Alternative Apart from Edge?

Thanks. I'll give that a try... last time I tried adobe reader it was a bit clunky at best... hopefully things have improved a little. Just wanted to see what others were using.

On 5/5/20, molly the blind tech lover <brainardmolly@...> wrote:
Hi.
You might want to try adobe acrobat. There is a free version. You can
have pdfs open in adobe and read them that way if you like.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Clement
Chou
Sent: Tuesday, May 5, 2020 4:43 PM
To: nvda <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Subject: [nvda] PDF Alternative Apart from Edge?

Been using Edge to read PDF's for awhile now, but am trying to find
one that's more dedicated and that works better than Edge. Any recommendations?
Adobe products still the best solution? Or is there a more accesible
alternative?








Re: PDF Alternative Apart from Edge?

Clement Chou
 

Thanks. I'll give that a try... last time I tried adobe reader it was
a bit clunky at best... hopefully things have improved a little. Just
wanted to see what others were using.

On 5/5/20, molly the blind tech lover <brainardmolly@...> wrote:
Hi.
You might want to try adobe acrobat. There is a free version. You can have
pdfs open in adobe and read them that way if you like.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Clement Chou
Sent: Tuesday, May 5, 2020 4:43 PM
To: nvda <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Subject: [nvda] PDF Alternative Apart from Edge?

Been using Edge to read PDF's for awhile now, but am trying to find one
that's more dedicated and that works better than Edge. Any recommendations?
Adobe products still the best solution? Or is there a more accesible
alternative?








Re: Saying Hello

 

Hi,

The original poster (not Cecelia) is a spammer) and was banned by Groups.IO.

Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Cecelia Rodriguez
Sent: Tuesday, May 5, 2020 2:29 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Saying Hello

 

Welcome



On May 5, 2020, at 12:10 AM, info.calisjs@... wrote:

Hey everyone, new to the group.

Excited for this group's content.
Hope you are all staying safe


Re: Saying Hello

Cecelia Rodriguez <cessbraille@...>
 

Welcome


On May 5, 2020, at 12:10 AM, info.calisjs@... wrote:

Hey everyone, new to the group.

Excited for this group's content.
Hope you are all staying safe


Re: PDF Alternative Apart from Edge?

molly the blind tech lover
 

Hi.
You might want to try adobe acrobat. There is a free version. You can have pdfs open in adobe and read them that way if you like.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Clement Chou
Sent: Tuesday, May 5, 2020 4:43 PM
To: nvda <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Subject: [nvda] PDF Alternative Apart from Edge?

Been using Edge to read PDF's for awhile now, but am trying to find one that's more dedicated and that works better than Edge. Any recommendations? Adobe products still the best solution? Or is there a more accesible alternative?


Re: SoundForge Users On This List

Andrea Sherry
 

Well I am using version 14 which is totally accessible but for the problem with the checkbboxes.
Andrea

On 5/05/2020 8:57 pm, The Gamages via groups.io wrote:
Hello Andrea,

I am still using Soundforge ten, I didn't think later versions were
accessible with a screen reader, what version are you using, I may
update if it is accessible.



Best Regards, Jim.
-----Original Message-----
From: Andrea Sherry
Sent: Tuesday, May 05, 2020 8:52 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io ; nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] SoundForge Users On This List

Any users of this program care to comment. When I attemp to change some
of the checkboxes in the menu NVDA does not recognise them as
checkboxes. Has anyone else had this experience? Is there a work round?
Andrea




PDF Alternative Apart from Edge?

Clement Chou
 

Been using Edge to read PDF's for awhile now, but am trying to find
one that's more dedicated and that works better than Edge. Any
recommendations? Adobe products still the best solution? Or is there a
more accesible alternative?


Re: MP3 Direct Cut

blago blago
 

Uncheck "Big timer" in Settings menu.


Re: SoundForge Users On This List

Sean
 

I'm using version 14 and I had no problem with this.
On 05/05/2020 10:52, Andrea Sherry wrote:

Any users of this program care to comment. When I attemp to change some of the checkboxes in the menu NVDA does not recognise them as checkboxes. Has anyone else had this experience? Is there a work round?
Andrea



--

Sean

I’m student and programmer. I write often Python, sometimes Go and rare C++.
I can understand Turkish and English.


Re: can't get nvda remote to work

Jackie
 

Check your firewall/router?

On 5/5/20, Glenn / Lenny <glennervin@...> wrote:
Hi,
I could not get NVDA remote to work, so I updated the add-on and it didn't
work, so I updated NVDA and it still did not work, so I updated the remote
to work with the latest NVDA, and it still tells me that it cannot connect
to the remote server.
I am using nvdaremote for the host, and I have tried generating a key and I
have made up a 4-digit key and nothing works.
I used to use this all the time, so it isn't from me not having experience
with it.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

Glenn



--
Subscribe to a WordPress for Newbies Mailing List by sending a message to:
wp4newbs-request@... with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by
visiting the list page at http://www.freelists.org/list/wp4newbs
& check out my sites at www.brighter-vision.com & www.mysitesbeenhacked.com


can't get nvda remote to work

Glenn / Lenny
 

Hi,
I could not get NVDA remote to work, so I updated the add-on and it didn't work, so I updated NVDA and it still did not work, so I updated the remote to work with the latest NVDA, and it still tells me that it cannot connect to the remote server.
I am using nvdaremote for the host, and I have tried generating a key and I have made up a 4-digit key and nothing works.
I used to use this all the time, so it isn't from me not having experience with it.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.
 
Glenn


Outlook and attachments

Janet Brandly
 

Thank you all for answering my questions about Outlook indicating email attachments that aren’t actually there. I really appreciate how many people responded right away.

Janet


Re: Google Docs Menu Issue

Louis Maher
 

Hello Ollie,

Mystic Access sells tutorials on the google suite " https://www.mysticaccess.com".

In the google suite, you need to enable screen reader support, and on the google suite access menu, you need to enable Braille support.
Look at " https://support.google.com/a/answer/1631886?hl=en".



Regards
Louis Maher
Phone: 713-444-7838
E-mail ljmaher03@...

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mallard
Sent: Tuesday, May 5, 2020 12:46 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Google Docs Menu Issue

Hello all,


Taling about Google Docs, I can see the menus and options ok, but when I edit text or enter new text I have no braile output on my pm 40.


Is that normal, orshould I enable or disable anything?


Thanks in advance,

Ollie

ps: Windows 10 1909 and latest NVDA Alpha.



On 05/05/2020 14:00, Jonathan Milam wrote:

That’s correct, however, typically when you turn off Focus mode,
you’re able to see the menu and options above the doc edit window. 
However, when I turn off Focus mode, the Doc window is the only thing
I see.

Jonathan

*From:*nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
<nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>> *On Behalf Of
*Robert Kingett
*Sent:* Monday, May 4, 2020 9:55 AM
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
*Subject:* Re: [nvda] Google Docs Menu Issue

I actually think Google designed it this way. Browse mode should be
turned off when using Google docs. Use it in focus/forms mode. Give
them accessibility feedback at the below link.

https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Faccessibility%2Fget-in-touch%2F&amp;data=02%7C01%7C%7C31007bfd74304b1fb00d08d7f11c2390%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637242975461848666&amp;sdata=P3T39ZwqcTANVYnDvP5i987kC3vz6hMUHKDl0H6DmbI%3D&amp;reserved=0

The above link has email options, chat, etc.


Re: Google Docs Menu Issue

Mallard
 

Hello all,


Taling about Google Docs, I can see the menus and options ok, but when I edit text or enter new text I have no braile output on my pm 40.


Is that normal, orshould I enable or disable anything?


Thanks in advance,

Ollie

ps: Windows 10 1909 and latest NVDA Alpha.

On 05/05/2020 14:00, Jonathan Milam wrote:

That’s correct, however, typically when you turn off Focus mode, you’re able to see the menu and options above the doc edit window.  However, when I turn off Focus mode, the Doc window is the only thing I see.

Jonathan

*From:*nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io> <nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>> *On Behalf Of *Robert Kingett
*Sent:* Monday, May 4, 2020 9:55 AM
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
*Subject:* Re: [nvda] Google Docs Menu Issue

I actually think Google designed it this way. Browse mode should be turned off when using Google docs. Use it in focus/forms mode. Give them accessibility feedback at the below link.

https://www.google.com/accessibility/get-in-touch/

The above link has email options, chat, etc.


Discount Code For Medical Masks

info.calisjs@...
 

Hey everyone,

Our company is selling medical masks for wholesale and retail. We recently dropped our prices and we are throwing in a discount code for extra savings.

The website is https://www.iscselect.com/ and the discount code is SAVE10NOW to get 10% OFF.

If you are interested in purchasing in wholesale send us a message on the “Wholesale Inquiries” page or the “Contact Us” page.

Stay Safe!


Re: MP3 Direct Cut

Rich DeSteno
 

I had the problem and solved it by going back to an earlier version of Direct Cut, I think 2.23.

On 5/5/2020 9:56 AM, Pele West wrote:
Hi Everyone

Apologies for raising this subject again, but I did not make a note of
how to correct this problem.

I am using MP3 Direct Cut with the NVDA Add-On. How do I stop it saying
the file length every time I stop it?

Thanks

pele West



--
Rich De Steno


MP3 Direct Cut

Pele West
 

Hi Everyone

Apologies for raising this subject again, but I did not make a note of
how to correct this problem.

I am using MP3 Direct Cut with the NVDA Add-On. How do I stop it saying
the file length every time I stop it?

Thanks

pele West


Re: urgent help please with Outlook

Andrew Summers
 

Yes.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chris Mullins
Sent: 05 May 2020 14:03
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] urgent help please with Outlook

 

Hi Andrew

If you look at Windows settings (Windows+I), Apps, Default Apps, does it show that Outlook is the default for email?

 

Cheers

Chris  

 

From: Andrew Summers via groups.io
Sent: 05 May 2020 13:25
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Cc: access-uk@...; JAWS; jaws-uk@...
Subject: [nvda] urgent help please with Outlook

 

Hi All,

I need your urgent help please with Outlook.

I am using windows 10 and Office 365.

I don’t get it with JAWS or the built in reader in windows.

I have set it as the default mail client.

What can I do next?

Outlook keeps coming up with the message below.

 

Microsoft Office Outlook

Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot

fulfill the messaging request.  Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it

as the default mail client.

OK

 

Microsoft Outlook

Microsoft Outlook is not responding

If you close the program, it will try to recover your

information.

Close the program

Wait for the program to respond

 


Re: urgent help please with Outlook

Tony Ballou
 

Hi gang,


First things first, I hope everyone is doing well and keeping safe. This is going to be a fairly lengthy post, but I think it will help. 


Andrew: Is there only one version of office installed on your machine.  Sometimes this problem occurs if there are two concurrent installations running with one being active and the other though inactive is still installed. If this is the case, try uninstalling both, then re-installing your default version. 


If that doesn't solve things you may have to Change the permissions on the registry key. I would suggest that if you aren't comfortable with registry editing, make sure that you have assistance with running this step in case something goes wrong.


1. Open registry by typing regedit in run.
2. Search for the office productguid in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Components\
3. Right Click the Sub Key that starts with the following syntax:

'F1291BD604B8604......'
4. Select Permissions, Add 'Everyone' and give read only Access to that group.


I hope this helps. 


Tony

On 5/5/2020 8:25 AM, Andrew Summers via groups.io wrote:

Hi All,

I need your urgent help please with Outlook.

I am using windows 10 and Office 365.

I don’t get it with JAWS or the built in reader in windows.

I have set it as the default mail client.

What can I do next?

Outlook keeps coming up with the message below.

 

Microsoft Office Outlook

Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot

fulfill the messaging request.  Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it

as the default mail client.

OK

 

Microsoft Outlook

Microsoft Outlook is not responding

If you close the program, it will try to recover your

information.

Close the program

Wait for the program to respond