Date   

Re: Nvda and Office 2016

Jarek.Krcmar
 

Hi Group,

I am glad to write you, that an Office finaly works in Nvda.

I had to uninstall and reinstall Nvda.


Jarek

Dne 12.06.2020 v 9:28 Felix G. napsal(a):

Hi,
it's a known long-standing issue. The technical details are at:
https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/8389
Best,
Felix

Am Fr., 12. Juni 2020 um 02:04 Uhr schrieb Quentin Christensen
<quentin@...>:
If you press NVDA+N, then T, there is an option there in the Tools menu called "Run COM Registration fixing tool". That can help in some situations. Usually it's more when everything reports "unknown" but it could be worth a try here.

Otherwise, could you have any add-ons in Microsoft Office which might be stealing focus to an invisible window on startup? I know DropBox was doing that at one point. Some Anti-Virus programs have in the past as well.

Regards

Quentin.

On Fri, Jun 12, 2020 at 7:16 AM David Goldfield <david.goldfield@...> wrote:
I have occasionally encountered this problem and not just with NVDA as
the screen reader. The alt-tab solution will certainly work. However,
what usually works for me is to press the alt key twice. The first press
will move focus to the ribbon and the second press returns focus to the
document window and speech should behave as expected. The bottom line is
that you want to move focus away from and then back to the document
window. Alt-tab certainly does this but pressing either the alt or the
Windows key twice will do the same thing and may be a tad easier and
quicker.


On 6/11/2020 11:46 AM, zahra wrote:
did you try alt tab to go to another application, and alt tab again
for returning to your desired program?
i face this issue many times in firefox and alt tab solution work for me.

On 6/11/20, Jarek.Krcmar <Jarek.Krcmar@...> wrote:
Hello group,

I have Nvda 2020 and Office 2016.

I have found a problem.

After starting word or excel, Nvda is silent.

I would like to know, where is an error.

Do you have an idea, please?


--
Jarek




--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Web: www.nvaccess.org
Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/
User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess


Re: Can NVDA has a function to detect hotkey conflict when installing addon

Luke Davis
 

For anyone else who thinks this is a good idea, please post your thoughts on the issue. https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/11255

Luke


Re: Can NVDA has a function to detect hotkey conflict when installing addon

William Wong
 

Ok, I have posted there.


Luke Davis 於 13/6/2020 4:17 寫道:

I agree that this should be done in some form.

I could not find an existing issue about this, although there are several possible ways to phrase it, so there may be one.

You should post a feature request at https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues

If there is one already, that will probably be pointed out.

Luke

On Fri, 12 Jun 2020, William Wong wrote:

For example first installed clipcontent designer

then install goldern cursor,

pressing nvda win c would not be able to added to the clipboard, but adjust the cursor movment unit instead.


Can this be promted when addon is being installed has hotkey that conflict with the current one?


FW: GTT Northern Ontario and Rural Conference Call, NVDA, Let's Get Started, June 16, 2020 via Zoom Conference

Janet Brandly
 

Hello,

 

Here’s an upcoming event for those interested in learning more about using NVDA. I really appreciate all the work all the volunteers do on this project. I try to promote NVDA whenever I can.

 

Janet

 

 

From: GTTsupport@groups.io <GTTsupport@groups.io> On Behalf Of Albert Ruel
Sent: Friday, June 12, 2020 1:05 PM
To: GTTSupport@Groups.io
Subject: [GTTsupport] GTT Northern Ontario and Rural Conference Call, NVDA, Let's Get Started, June 16, 2020 via Zoom Conference

 

Get Together with Technology (GTT)

Northern Ontario and Rural Conference call

Sponsored by the Canadian Council of the Blind

 

Theme: NVDA, Let’s Get Started

 

Date: June 16, 2020

Time:7:00-8:30 PM Eastern Time

 

Meeting Agenda:

  • Dorothy MacNaughton will facilitate this presentation by Brian Bibeault focussed on the NVDA screen reader for PC and the settings helpful in getting you started. 
  • If time permits discussions will also be undertaken on any apps and devices participants might be interested in. 

You can participate using the Zoom Conference system by phone or internet from wherever you are:

Join the GTT Northern and Rural Conference Call Zoom Meeting from computer or smart phone:

https://zoom.us/j/9839595688?pwd=N01yeERXQk4rWnhvNCtHTzZwdXcwQT09

Meeting ID: 983 959 5688

Password: 320119

Alberta One tap mobile for Smart Phones:

+15873281099,9839595688#

BC One tap mobile for Smart Phones:

+17789072071,9839595688#

Manitoba One tap mobile for Smart Phones:

+12045151268,9839595688#

Montreal One tap mobile for Smart Phones:

+14388097799,9839595688#

Toronto One tap mobile for Smart Phones:

+16473744685,9839595688#

Direct Dial:

Alberta: +1 587 328 1099

BC: +1 778 907 2071

Manitoba: +1 204 515 1268

Montreal: +1 438 809 7799

Toronto: +1 647 374 4685

 

For more information contact:

Brian Bibeault, Volunteer Co-Facilitator

GTT.NorthBay@...

Kim Kilpatrick, GTT East Coordinator

GTTProgram@...

1-877-304-0968 Ext 513

Albert Ruel, GTT West Coordinator

albert.GTT@...

1-877-304-0968 Ext 550

 

CCB Backgrounder:

 

The CCB was founded in 1944 by a coalition of blind war veterans, schools of the blind and local chapters to create a national self-governing organization. The CCB was incorporated by Letters Patent on May 10, 1950 and is a registered charity under the provisions of the Income Tax Act (Canada).

The purpose of the CCB is to give people with vision loss a distinctive and unique perspective before governments.  CCB deals with the ongoing effects of vision loss by encouraging active living and rehabilitation through peer support and social and recreational activities. 

CCB promotes measures to conserve sight, create a close relationship with the sighted community and provide employment opportunities.

 

The CCB recognizes that vision loss has no boundaries with respect to gender, income, ethnicity, culture, other disabilities or age.

The CCB understands in many instances vision loss is preventable and sometimes is symptomatic of other health issues.  For the 21st century, the CCB is committed to an integrated proactive health approach for early detection to improve the quality of life for all Canadians.

As the largest membership organization of the blind and partially sighted in Canada the CCB is the "Voice of the Blind™".

 

 

CCB National Office

100-20 James Street Ottawa ON  K2P 0T6

Toll Free: 1-877-304-0968 Email: info@... URL: www.ccbnational.neta

 

 

 


Re: Not hearing letters as they are typed or long lag in hearing letter

Luke Davis
 

I suspect this is a search preview, or live search issue.

Disabling those features in your browser might help.

Luke

On Thu, 11 Jun 2020, jenaucoin67@... wrote:

My hubby is a long time user of NVDA. We’ve encountered a problem that we can’t seem to fix. The screen reader is reading almost everything, but isn’t
reading letters as they are typed in google and MS edge’s search screens, and any MS document. 
Anyone have suggestions? We’ve deleted and updated NVDA, switched the keyboard to a new port and rebooted.  _._,_._,_


Re: Can NVDA has a function to detect hotkey conflict when installing addon

Luke Davis
 

I agree that this should be done in some form.

I could not find an existing issue about this, although there are several possible ways to phrase it, so there may be one.

You should post a feature request at https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues

If there is one already, that will probably be pointed out.

Luke

On Fri, 12 Jun 2020, William Wong wrote:

For example first installed clipcontent designer

then install goldern cursor,

pressing nvda win c would not be able to added to the clipboard, but adjust the cursor movment unit instead.


Can this be promted when addon is being installed has hotkey that conflict with the current one?


Re: a link on web page issue I haven't seen before

Chris
 

Try it with another browser see what happens then

 

From: Dan Beaver
Sent: 12 June 2020 16:43
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] a link on web page issue I haven't seen before

 

I brought up the hamstudy.org site.  I clicked on the login link and nothing happened.  I thought this was strange since I have used it before.

 

I tried NVDA+7 to bring up the links list and pressed enter on the login link.  Nothing.

 

I tried using the spacebar and the enter key on the link and nothing.

 

I decided to try the register link just below the login link and it works perfectly.

 

Am I missing something or is this an NVDA problem or is it a web site problem?

 

Thanks.

-- 
Dan Beaver (KA4DAN)

 


Re: a link on web page issue I haven't seen before

Dan Beaver
 

Now this is just not fair.  I actually checked for the edit field for entering the user id and it said there was none found.  I just tried again and it is there.  Oh well, I guess I was below it or something.


Thanks for the help.


Dan Beaver

On 6/12/2020 11:48 AM, Tyler Spivey wrote:
You're missing the login form appearing at the bottom of the page.
Activate the link with enter, then press e to move to the edit box.

On 6/12/2020 8:43 AM, Dan Beaver wrote:
I brought up the hamstudy.org site.  I clicked on the login link and
nothing happened.  I thought this was strange since I have used it before.


I tried NVDA+7 to bring up the links list and pressed enter on the login
link.  Nothing.


I tried using the spacebar and the enter key on the link and nothing.


I decided to try the register link just below the login link and it
works perfectly.


Am I missing something or is this an NVDA problem or is it a web site
problem?


Thanks.

-- 
Dan Beaver (KA4DAN)




-- 
Dan Beaver (KA4DAN)


Re: acapella voices

larry k
 

also the exit sound is not working on nvda.
 
 

From: Brian Vogel
Sent: Friday, June 12, 2020 8:50 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] acapella voices
 
On Fri, Jun 12, 2020 at 12:22 AM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
Is this the old edge or the new edge? This would be good to know.
By the way, if you can hit ALT+X and have the Edge Menu button activate and the Edge menu open, you are using original Edge.  If nothing happens, you're using he new Chromium-based Edge, which uses ALT+F, like Chrome, Brave, and all other Chromium-based browsers do to activate the Menu button and present the menu.
 
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

Science has become just another voice in the room; it has lost its platform.  Now, you simply declare your own truth.

      ~ Dr. Paul A. Offit, in New York Times article, How Anti-Vaccine Sentiment Took Hold in the United States, September 23, 2019

 

 


Re: acapella voices

 

On Fri, Jun 12, 2020 at 12:22 AM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
Is this the old edge or the new edge? This would be good to know.
By the way, if you can hit ALT+X and have the Edge Menu button activate and the Edge menu open, you are using original Edge.  If nothing happens, you're using he new Chromium-based Edge, which uses ALT+F, like Chrome, Brave, and all other Chromium-based browsers do to activate the Menu button and present the menu.
 
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

Science has become just another voice in the room; it has lost its platform.  Now, you simply declare your own truth.

      ~ Dr. Paul A. Offit, in New York Times article, How Anti-Vaccine Sentiment Took Hold in the United States, September 23, 2019

 

 


Re: a link on web page issue I haven't seen before

Tyler Spivey
 

You're missing the login form appearing at the bottom of the page.
Activate the link with enter, then press e to move to the edit box.

On 6/12/2020 8:43 AM, Dan Beaver wrote:
I brought up the hamstudy.org site.  I clicked on the login link and
nothing happened.  I thought this was strange since I have used it before.


I tried NVDA+7 to bring up the links list and pressed enter on the login
link.  Nothing.


I tried using the spacebar and the enter key on the link and nothing.


I decided to try the register link just below the login link and it
works perfectly.


Am I missing something or is this an NVDA problem or is it a web site
problem?


Thanks.

--
Dan Beaver (KA4DAN)


Re: acapella voices

larry k
 

 
    does anyone know when the acapela voices will be upgraded to 1.6
nost are out of date for the current version of nvda
larry

From: Sarah k Alawami
Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2020 9:22 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] acapella voices
 

Is this the old edge or the new edge? This would be good to know.

Take care

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on [twitch.](http://twitch.tv/ke7zum] Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page You will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 11 Jun 2020, at 21:19, Fawaz Abdul rahman wrote:

Hi all,

This happened to a friend of mine as well, he was using surface pro X and Microsoft edge browser, regardless how many times he redownloaded always got .man extension  for whatever reason.

I told him to try from different browser since I couldn’t reproduce the problem using firefox, when I downloaded I got the expected adon format.

So it seems with edge and explorer it is changing the extension.

Thanks.

 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Gene
Sent: Friday, June 12, 2020 5:39 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] acapella voices

 

There are cases, such as sometimes, someone will download an NVDA extension

and for some reason, using one browser, the extension will be changed to

zip, rather than what it should be.  I don't know why, but it does happen.

Someone else may know.  In such a case, changing the extension to what it

should be solves the problem and, evidently, using another browser does,

too.

 

and, as David said, it is not a good idea to use Internet Explorer as a main

browser now.  Its archaic.  It continues to receive security updates, but

the actuall browser hasn't been updated in years and will work with fewer

and fewer sites.  Changing to a different browser is not difficult.  Most of

what you will do will be identical or almost so.  Working with settings and

bookmarks may be somewhat different, but if you are using a browser that

supports browse mode, browsing will be either identical or almost identical.

Some pages may present a little differently, but most won't or will be

almost the same.  Evidently, Facebook presents itself quite differently and

Internet Explorer appears still to be the best browser to use with it but

that is a rare exception.  I don't know about sites like M.Facebook.

 

Gene

-----Original Message-----

From: David Goldfield

Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2020 6:20 PM

To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Subject: Re: [nvda] acapella voices

 

 

 

>well, I got the file using google chrome and it came out as usual, I was

>using internet explorer before and some how the file extention was changed

>by the server.

 

Larry, when you say that the file came out "as usual" when you used Google

Chrome I don't know what it is you are trying to say. Are you saying that

the file downloaded properly with the proper name when you used Google

Chrome? Also, I don't think that Internet Explorer would be able to change

the title of the file on the server. However, that being said I don't

recommend using Internet Explorer as a Web browser. Many of today's Web

sites are using technologies which Internet Explorer doesn't support. Using

Google Chrome is a good choice as it's a modern browser which is fast and

will be able to supp;ort any Web site you decide to visit. As time goes by

you're going to find that more and more Web sites will no longer work with

Internet Explorer the way they used to. Microsoft is no longer adding

features and new capabilities to that browser but Chrome should serve you

well. While I personally don't care for Firefox that browser does work very

nicely with NVDA and you could certainly try that one, as well. David

Goldfield, Blindness Assistive Technology Specialist JAWS Certified, 2019

WWW.DavidGoldfield.org

On 6/11/2020 7:05 PM, larry k wrote:

well, I got the file using google chrome and it came out as usual, I was

using internet explorer before and some how the file extention was changed

by the server.

 

 

 

 


a link on web page issue I haven't seen before

Dan Beaver
 

I brought up the hamstudy.org site.  I clicked on the login link and nothing happened.  I thought this was strange since I have used it before.


I tried NVDA+7 to bring up the links list and pressed enter on the login link.  Nothing.


I tried using the spacebar and the enter key on the link and nothing.


I decided to try the register link just below the login link and it works perfectly.


Am I missing something or is this an NVDA problem or is it a web site problem?


Thanks.

-- 
Dan Beaver (KA4DAN)


Re: end of the line for finereader

 

On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 01:33 PM, Ali Savas wrote:
you still can get Finereader 15 Standard or corporate.
And there appears to be a robust gray market for Finereader 15 Corporate, as there is for a large number of Microsoft software titles.
 
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

Science has become just another voice in the room; it has lost its platform.  Now, you simply declare your own truth.

      ~ Dr. Paul A. Offit, in New York Times article, How Anti-Vaccine Sentiment Took Hold in the United States, September 23, 2019

 

 


Can NVDA has a function to detect hotkey conflict when installing addon

William Wong
 

Hi,


For example first installed clipcontent designer

then install goldern cursor,

pressing nvda win c would not be able to added to the clipboard, but adjust the cursor movment unit instead.


Can this be promted when addon is being installed has hotkey that conflict with the current one?


Thanks.


Re: end of the line for finereader

enes sarıbaş
 

It is just a name change Shaun, it has all the features it used to have. You can read about it on the blog.

On 6/10/2020 3:31 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:

I know about these.

My issue is if its just for pdfs does abby pdf fine reader scan paper documents anymore.

Its after all why I have ocr software.



On 11/06/2020 5:30 am, Robert Kingett wrote:

I don't see how a name change ties into accessibility in any way, but it's possible I missed something because your formatting was so broken up. But, anyway, below are alternatives for opening PDF files.

  1. Opening them in Microsoft word. Word 2016 or later will convert most PDF's into a workable state, where you can then save it in an alternative format.
  2. Use this program. Codex.
  3. Adobe Reader can convert PDF to text. It's not gonna look very clean, though.


Re: end of the line for finereader

enes sarıbaş
 

Finereader is by far the best OCR solution on the market. It just makes sense to stick with them. There was a major upgrade in June apparently, and the OCR was improved even more.

On 6/10/2020 11:53 AM, Arlene wrote:

Hi, is Google OCR  free? Or do you have to pay for it? I will look it up. But I’m lazy! Lol.

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: zahra
Sent: June 10, 2020 6:49 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] end of the line for finereader

 

hi.

i believe that google ocr is the best and free available software for

converting pdf files.

 

On 6/10/20, Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@...> wrote:

> Hi all.

> Well, looks like fine reader just had a name change since I have gotten it.

> It seems to be called fine reader 15 pdf now.

> Since support and abbyy don't seem to deem it important to fix the

> accessibility issues and since it all seems locked to business now I

> think it is time for me to cut my losses and upgrade.

> The last version was released at the end of the year.

> What ocr program should I use instead of abbyy fine reader.

>

 

 

--

By God,

were I given all the seven heavens

with all they contain

in order that

I may disobey God

by depriving an ant

from the husk of a grain of barley,

I would not do it.

imam ali

 

 

 


Re: Nvda and Office 2016

Felix G.
 

Hi,
it's a known long-standing issue. The technical details are at:
https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/8389
Best,
Felix

Am Fr., 12. Juni 2020 um 02:04 Uhr schrieb Quentin Christensen
<quentin@...>:


If you press NVDA+N, then T, there is an option there in the Tools menu called "Run COM Registration fixing tool". That can help in some situations. Usually it's more when everything reports "unknown" but it could be worth a try here.

Otherwise, could you have any add-ons in Microsoft Office which might be stealing focus to an invisible window on startup? I know DropBox was doing that at one point. Some Anti-Virus programs have in the past as well.

Regards

Quentin.

On Fri, Jun 12, 2020 at 7:16 AM David Goldfield <david.goldfield@...> wrote:

I have occasionally encountered this problem and not just with NVDA as
the screen reader. The alt-tab solution will certainly work. However,
what usually works for me is to press the alt key twice. The first press
will move focus to the ribbon and the second press returns focus to the
document window and speech should behave as expected. The bottom line is
that you want to move focus away from and then back to the document
window. Alt-tab certainly does this but pressing either the alt or the
Windows key twice will do the same thing and may be a tad easier and
quicker.


On 6/11/2020 11:46 AM, zahra wrote:
did you try alt tab to go to another application, and alt tab again
for returning to your desired program?
i face this issue many times in firefox and alt tab solution work for me.

On 6/11/20, Jarek.Krcmar <Jarek.Krcmar@...> wrote:
Hello group,

I have Nvda 2020 and Office 2016.

I have found a problem.

After starting word or excel, Nvda is silent.

I would like to know, where is an error.

Do you have an idea, please?


--
Jarek






--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Web: www.nvaccess.org
Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/
User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess


Re: Scanner Software and Printer

 

Hmmm interestingly today I recieved a bit from abbyy.

Firstly finereader pdf15 is the same as the old fine reader 15.

Secondly they acknowledged they had recieved the issues I raised but admitted not to have fixed them.

No date on the fix though.

I've switched to text cloner though and at least for me and abbyy that will be it.

If I need abbyy on another system I then may just well get it again as I still have my licence.

I will get my free upgrade though.



On 12/06/2020 12:11 am, Ralf Kefferpuetz wrote:

I’m still using finereader pro version 9, under Win10 2004 64bit, I bought it on Amazon for about $20. What I want to say is, if the 15 version is broken for us, then buy an older version.

 

Cheers,

  Ralf

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shaun Everiss
Sent: Donnerstag, 11. Juni 2020 13:18
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Scanner Software and Printer

 

Because finereader 15 has really slow menu access with nvda which support was able to reproduce.

The last update was the end of last year and I put the ticket in on january well could have been just before that.

They havn't fixed it and I am tired of waiting.

I use my ocr software mainly for paper documents that are not electronic.

These are a few bills and letters and while 80% of them are email there are still a bunch of things I need to print and I have decided I can wait no longer.

For what I do I don't need the best mainstream software, I need stable and accessible software.

I waited for ages and even let it go because of the virus in my country but after getting some notes on the latest end of life on flash and getting rid of it and shockwave I decided to revisit all the stored notes for the year past and found that.

I actually would have prefered to continue mainstream.

But I have just spent 160 dollars on text cloner pro and I have no regrets, and I'm never going back to abbyy at least not on my own machine.

Becides for the price I pay I get a spellchecker, dictionary and a miniture word processer all in the same package.

And premier may actually have other bits of software I may come back for at some point.

I know mainstream is usually the way but after switching from something to something made with standard guidelines and controls, I can't say I want to move.

For one thing the program is faster loading.

For another the installer was 90mb in size not 500mb, the program itself is only just over 130mb in size.

The program uses the iris engine.

I did have and use iris software when I had an older scanner and it was ok.

Iris itself costs a lot less than abbyy does well especially on the deal I had but access on the actual program just wasn't good not on the full version.

I can't see myself paying for a bigger program even if its issues are solved.

Pluss so far I have had no support delays at all.

And while there are a few really small issues with a shortcut and part of the installer its basically it.

I am sure they will get fixed and there will be not much of a delay in getting things done.

It can work on any screen reader and while it did cost a little, it cost slightly less than a fine reader upgrade, and certainly a lot less than a full version of abbyy fine reader.

Pluss as I said I just don't want to wait anymore.

When I have had issues I have had to sometimes wait a month for any reply and other friends have even had issues with finereader 14.

With the way windows is going I need something that will stay updated without changing itself so it becomes hard to use.

Pluss it loads fast, and there are no frills.

Its just a word processer with a few extras in its menus it even auto detected my scanner.

 

 

On 11/06/2020 10:25 pm, Sean wrote:

Why not use Finereader?

On 11/06/2020 02:57, Stanley Haupt via groups.io wrote:

I have a Brother 7362N scanner fax and printer. My scanning software is Openbook 9.0 from Freedom Scientific and DocuScanplus 3.0 from Serotek.

Stanley Haupt

bookworm@...

--

Sean

👨🦯 I’m student and programmer. I write often Python, sometimes Go and rarely C++.


Re: acapella voices

Sarah k Alawami
 

Is this the old edge or the new edge? This would be good to know.

Take care

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on [twitch.](http://twitch.tv/ke7zum] Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page You will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 11 Jun 2020, at 21:19, Fawaz Abdul rahman wrote:

Hi all,

This happened to a friend of mine as well, he was using surface pro X and Microsoft edge browser, regardless how many times he redownloaded always got .man extension  for whatever reason.

I told him to try from different browser since I couldn’t reproduce the problem using firefox, when I downloaded I got the expected adon format.

So it seems with edge and explorer it is changing the extension.

Thanks.

 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Gene
Sent: Friday, June 12, 2020 5:39 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] acapella voices

 

There are cases, such as sometimes, someone will download an NVDA extension

and for some reason, using one browser, the extension will be changed to

zip, rather than what it should be.  I don't know why, but it does happen.

Someone else may know.  In such a case, changing the extension to what it

should be solves the problem and, evidently, using another browser does,

too.

 

and, as David said, it is not a good idea to use Internet Explorer as a main

browser now.  Its archaic.  It continues to receive security updates, but

the actuall browser hasn't been updated in years and will work with fewer

and fewer sites.  Changing to a different browser is not difficult.  Most of

what you will do will be identical or almost so.  Working with settings and

bookmarks may be somewhat different, but if you are using a browser that

supports browse mode, browsing will be either identical or almost identical.

Some pages may present a little differently, but most won't or will be

almost the same.  Evidently, Facebook presents itself quite differently and

Internet Explorer appears still to be the best browser to use with it but

that is a rare exception.  I don't know about sites like M.Facebook.

 

Gene

-----Original Message-----

From: David Goldfield

Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2020 6:20 PM

To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Subject: Re: [nvda] acapella voices

 

 

 

>well, I got the file using google chrome and it came out as usual, I was

>using internet explorer before and some how the file extention was changed

>by the server.

 

Larry, when you say that the file came out "as usual" when you used Google

Chrome I don't know what it is you are trying to say. Are you saying that

the file downloaded properly with the proper name when you used Google

Chrome? Also, I don't think that Internet Explorer would be able to change

the title of the file on the server. However, that being said I don't

recommend using Internet Explorer as a Web browser. Many of today's Web

sites are using technologies which Internet Explorer doesn't support. Using

Google Chrome is a good choice as it's a modern browser which is fast and

will be able to supp;ort any Web site you decide to visit. As time goes by

you're going to find that more and more Web sites will no longer work with

Internet Explorer the way they used to. Microsoft is no longer adding

features and new capabilities to that browser but Chrome should serve you

well. While I personally don't care for Firefox that browser does work very

nicely with NVDA and you could certainly try that one, as well. David

Goldfield, Blindness Assistive Technology Specialist JAWS Certified, 2019

WWW.DavidGoldfield.org

On 6/11/2020 7:05 PM, larry k wrote:

well, I got the file using google chrome and it came out as usual, I was

using internet explorer before and some how the file extention was changed

by the server.