Date   

Re: multiple instances of NVDA

Sarah k Alawami
 

I've ben able to reproduce this off and on, more off than on on both my base pc running windows 2004 and my shadow running 1909. They do clear themselves up sometimes though.

--

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

Check out my adventures with a shadow machine.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on twitch. Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page You will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 20 Aug 2020, at 14:21, Don H wrote:

It seems that if you close NVDA or restart it you will get multiple instances of NVDA in the system tray.  Right now I have four NVDA listings in my system tray.


Re: multiple instances of NVDA

Gene
 

That happens if it crashes and if other programs crash, my guess is that the same thing will happen. It doesn't matter, but if you want to get rid of the fantom instances, just perform an action on one of the fantoms, such as double click it in the system tray. It will disappear and I think all the other fantoms will as well. Of dcourse, clicking on the real instance will do whatever it is supposed to do. But since they do no harm, I don't worry about them and they just sit there.

If you close the program, run it again, and see a fantom, that suggests to me that the program isn't closing properly, that its crashing instead of closing, or that part of it is. This doesn't matter. its when you are working with a program or it is doing something that a crash matters. It doesn't matter if it is closing.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
From: Don H
Sent: Thursday, August 20, 2020 4:21 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] multiple instances of NVDA

It seems that if you close NVDA or restart it you will get multiple
instances of NVDA in the system tray. Right now I have four NVDA
listings in my system tray.


multiple instances of NVDA

Don H
 

It seems that if you close NVDA or restart it you will get multiple instances of NVDA in the system tray.  Right now I have four NVDA listings in my system tray.


lion universal subtitle reader and more NVDA addon

Alexandre Alves Toco
 

Hi, I will be very happy to see it in nvda.

It is very usefull to watch netflix and vídeo classes with subscription.

It would be fantastic to study idioms since we will be able to read subtitles in braile.

 

 

Enviado do Email para Windows 10

 

De: Joseph Lee
Enviado:quinta-feira, 20 de agosto de 2020 14:09
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Assunto: Re: [nvda] lion universal subtitle reader and more NVDA addon

 

Hi,

Suffice to say that someone (not me) is researching this possibility at the moment.

Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of abdul muhamin
Sent: Thursday, August 20, 2020 9:32 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] lion universal subtitle reader and more NVDA addon

 

Hi, I’m using this addon on win10 with the latest NVDA, the best thing of this addon is to read the subtitles and on screen text automatically. If possible, please add this functionality to NVDA core, so that it can be used with Win10 ocr.

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Joseph Lee
Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2020 8:32 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] lion subtitle reader and more addon

 

Hello everyone,

I took a look at this add-on, and I'm afraid this one isn't really compatible with recent NVDA releases and other issues were found (no wonder it is labeled a "beta" at this time). Specifically:

* OCR engine: it uses OCR engine found in Windows 10. Therefore unless you are using Windows 10, you won't be able to use this add-on at all (you can configure things, but the thing that enables this add-on is missing on older Windows releases).

* It uses code fragments that are no longer supported in newer NVDA dependencies (specifically, wxPython).

Thanks.

Cheers,

Joseph

 

-----Original Message-----

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Vaibhav Bhandari

Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2020 8:17 AM

To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Subject: Re: [nvda] lion subtitle reader and more addon

 

Hi,

You can download the addon from the link given below- https://blindieconnect.net/files/lion-latest.nvda-addon

 

On 8/19/20, Aravind R <aravind.andhrabank@...> wrote:

> add on link is not pasted boss.

> On 19/08/2020, Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...> wrote:

>> Hi,

>> Here pasted below is the lion subtitle reader and more documentation.

>> My question though is, what is the very first combo box used for in

>> lion settings never mind I figured it out it changes how often OCR is

>> performed.

>> 

>> What is it

>> LION is an addon which does Automatic OCr of certain screen portions,

>> at a certain interval. Why do I say that it is intelligent? No, not

>> because I've written it, nor because the "i" makes for a nice

>> acronym. Since it does OCR of the same screen portion multiple times,

>> normally it would read the same text multiple times, which is not

>> very nice. So, I implemented a mechanism to skip speaking of the text

>> if it seems similar to the previously recognised text.

>> What can I do with it?

>> The main reason I wrote it was to read subtitles. Due to the way it

>> works, it can read any subtitles on the screen, including Youtube,

>> Netflix and other online video sites, subtitles embedded in AVI

>> files, and even live tV!

>> Make sure to set the video to full screen when using it, as it works

>> like sighted eyes do. It needs big text for better performance. The

>> quality won't be perfect, try to set the font of the subtitles as

>> large as possible, if you have the option, and use a high resolution

>> screen. The OCR engine it uses is not perfect. It may have inferior

>> results on certain images.

>> Other than that, It can be used to monitor any inaccessible text on

>> the screen, like video game menus. It won't tell you highlighted

>> text, unfortunately.

>> How do I use it?

>> To launch it with default options, just press NVDA+alt+l. LION will

>> start OCR of the whole screen at a 1 second interval, speaking only

>> when the text changes. Hopefully. :) If you want to customize its

>> behaviour, go to the NVDA Menu, Preferences, LION settings. For

>> example, a video file might have a logo in the upper left corner that

>> gets read along with the subtitle, and disrupts the experience. We'll

>> see how to fix this in the next section.

>> LION has the following settings:

>> 1. OCR interval: how often the program does OCR. Takes values from

>> 0.1 second to 10 seconds.

>> 2. OCR target: specifies the screen portion to OCR. Options are:

>> current control, current window, navigator object, and full screen 3.

>> Crop pixels from above, below, right, left. In full screen mode,

>> those four fields allow you to crop sections from the screen from

>> being scanned.

>> Those settings work only in full screen and current window modes.

>> Why is this setting useful? Let's remember the logo example above.

>> Just crop 10% or so from above to skip the logo, and you won't hear

>> it. Actually, to make the recognition faster and less resource

>> intensive, you can crop like 70% from above, since subtitles are

>> usually found in the lower third of the screen.

>> what's new

>> version 1.11

>> Fixed a bug, mainly observed in youtube fullscreen.

>> version 1.1

>> 1. the crop settings affect the current window mode, too 2.

>> implemented a similarity threshold setting, mainlly useful in games.

>> LION

>> always compares the current text with the one which has been spoken

>> previously. If it thinks the text hasn't changed, it doesn't speak.

>> This setting controls how aggressive LION is in comparing texts. 0

>> means all texts are identical, practically rendering the addon

>> unusable. 1 will read all texts, even if they are the same. The

>> default is 0.5.

>> version 1.0

>> initial version

>> Who wrote this, how often will I see updates?

>> My name is Stefan Moisei, a blind programmer trying to survive in an

>> East European country, Romania, who has a lot to catch up to get to

>> an occidental level. LION, and other blind specific software are just

>> a hobby for me, developed in my spare time. So, I'm afraid updates

>> won't come too often.

>> But

>> if you can code, this is NVDA, so the source is right there. :)

>> 

>> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

>> 

>> 

>> 

>> 

>> 

> --

> --

> --

> nothing is difficult unless you make it appear so.

> r. aravind,

> manager

> Department of sales

> bank of baroda specialised mortgage store, Chennai.

> mobile no: +91 9940369593,

> email id : aravind_069@..., aravind.andhrabank@....

> aravind.rajendran@....

>

 

 

--

Thanks/regards: Vaibhav Bhandari

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Re: Beginner's course in Python

 

Give me the download link of Corce?


On Wed, Aug 19, 2020 at 11:07 PM Fawaz Abdul rahman <fawaz.ar94@...> wrote:

Hi, exploring data with python is a really good book for beginners.

if you don’t want much examples, and you are good with programming may be you can checkout learn python book by tutorial points.

Also I heard thinking python is a really good one as well but I haven’t read it yet.

Good luck.

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Cearbhall O'Meadhra
Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2020 11:59 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Beginner's course in Python

 

Hi everyone,

 

I would like to learn Python. I am developed in a few other programming languages but I would like to start from scratch. I would also not like to teach myself but to participate in a group learning experience.

 

I wonder if anyone can advise me how best to proceed?

 

I would be happy with an online course, fee-paying or free, from any country as long as it is conducted in English and is fully accessible with NVDA.

 

 

All the best,

 

Cearbhall

 

m +353 (0)833323487 Ph: _353 (0)1-2864623 e: cearbhall.omeadhra@...

 

 

 

Virus-free. www.avast.com

 


Re: in this group is my 1st mail

 

I want nvaccess to help you


On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 10:04 PM Jesse Farquharson <jesse100rules@...> wrote:

Hey there,

How can we help you?


Re: lion universal subtitle reader and more NVDA addon

 

Hi,

Suffice to say that someone (not me) is researching this possibility at the moment.

Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of abdul muhamin
Sent: Thursday, August 20, 2020 9:32 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] lion universal subtitle reader and more NVDA addon

 

Hi, I’m using this addon on win10 with the latest NVDA, the best thing of this addon is to read the subtitles and on screen text automatically. If possible, please add this functionality to NVDA core, so that it can be used with Win10 ocr.

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Joseph Lee
Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2020 8:32 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] lion subtitle reader and more addon

 

Hello everyone,

I took a look at this add-on, and I'm afraid this one isn't really compatible with recent NVDA releases and other issues were found (no wonder it is labeled a "beta" at this time). Specifically:

* OCR engine: it uses OCR engine found in Windows 10. Therefore unless you are using Windows 10, you won't be able to use this add-on at all (you can configure things, but the thing that enables this add-on is missing on older Windows releases).

* It uses code fragments that are no longer supported in newer NVDA dependencies (specifically, wxPython).

Thanks.

Cheers,

Joseph

 

-----Original Message-----

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Vaibhav Bhandari

Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2020 8:17 AM

To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Subject: Re: [nvda] lion subtitle reader and more addon

 

Hi,

You can download the addon from the link given below- https://blindieconnect.net/files/lion-latest.nvda-addon

 

On 8/19/20, Aravind R <aravind.andhrabank@...> wrote:

> add on link is not pasted boss.

> On 19/08/2020, Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...> wrote:

>> Hi,

>> Here pasted below is the lion subtitle reader and more documentation.

>> My question though is, what is the very first combo box used for in

>> lion settings never mind I figured it out it changes how often OCR is

>> performed.

>> 

>> What is it

>> LION is an addon which does Automatic OCr of certain screen portions,

>> at a certain interval. Why do I say that it is intelligent? No, not

>> because I've written it, nor because the "i" makes for a nice

>> acronym. Since it does OCR of the same screen portion multiple times,

>> normally it would read the same text multiple times, which is not

>> very nice. So, I implemented a mechanism to skip speaking of the text

>> if it seems similar to the previously recognised text.

>> What can I do with it?

>> The main reason I wrote it was to read subtitles. Due to the way it

>> works, it can read any subtitles on the screen, including Youtube,

>> Netflix and other online video sites, subtitles embedded in AVI

>> files, and even live tV!

>> Make sure to set the video to full screen when using it, as it works

>> like sighted eyes do. It needs big text for better performance. The

>> quality won't be perfect, try to set the font of the subtitles as

>> large as possible, if you have the option, and use a high resolution

>> screen. The OCR engine it uses is not perfect. It may have inferior

>> results on certain images.

>> Other than that, It can be used to monitor any inaccessible text on

>> the screen, like video game menus. It won't tell you highlighted

>> text, unfortunately.

>> How do I use it?

>> To launch it with default options, just press NVDA+alt+l. LION will

>> start OCR of the whole screen at a 1 second interval, speaking only

>> when the text changes. Hopefully. :) If you want to customize its

>> behaviour, go to the NVDA Menu, Preferences, LION settings. For

>> example, a video file might have a logo in the upper left corner that

>> gets read along with the subtitle, and disrupts the experience. We'll

>> see how to fix this in the next section.

>> LION has the following settings:

>> 1. OCR interval: how often the program does OCR. Takes values from

>> 0.1 second to 10 seconds.

>> 2. OCR target: specifies the screen portion to OCR. Options are:

>> current control, current window, navigator object, and full screen 3.

>> Crop pixels from above, below, right, left. In full screen mode,

>> those four fields allow you to crop sections from the screen from

>> being scanned.

>> Those settings work only in full screen and current window modes.

>> Why is this setting useful? Let's remember the logo example above.

>> Just crop 10% or so from above to skip the logo, and you won't hear

>> it. Actually, to make the recognition faster and less resource

>> intensive, you can crop like 70% from above, since subtitles are

>> usually found in the lower third of the screen.

>> what's new

>> version 1.11

>> Fixed a bug, mainly observed in youtube fullscreen.

>> version 1.1

>> 1. the crop settings affect the current window mode, too 2.

>> implemented a similarity threshold setting, mainlly useful in games.

>> LION

>> always compares the current text with the one which has been spoken

>> previously. If it thinks the text hasn't changed, it doesn't speak.

>> This setting controls how aggressive LION is in comparing texts. 0

>> means all texts are identical, practically rendering the addon

>> unusable. 1 will read all texts, even if they are the same. The

>> default is 0.5.

>> version 1.0

>> initial version

>> Who wrote this, how often will I see updates?

>> My name is Stefan Moisei, a blind programmer trying to survive in an

>> East European country, Romania, who has a lot to catch up to get to

>> an occidental level. LION, and other blind specific software are just

>> a hobby for me, developed in my spare time. So, I'm afraid updates

>> won't come too often.

>> But

>> if you can code, this is NVDA, so the source is right there. :)

>> 

>> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

>> 

>> 

>> 

>> 

>> 

> --

> --

> --

> nothing is difficult unless you make it appear so.

> r. aravind,

> manager

> Department of sales

> bank of baroda specialised mortgage store, Chennai.

> mobile no: +91 9940369593,

> email id : aravind_069@..., aravind.andhrabank@....

> aravind.rajendran@....

>

 

 

--

Thanks/regards: Vaibhav Bhandari

 

 

 

 

 

 


Re: in this group is my 1st mail

Jesse Farquharson
 

Hey there,

How can we help you?


in this group is my 1st mail

 

HI! 
nvda users
you help me ????
love from pakistan 


Re: lion universal subtitle reader and more NVDA addon

abdul muhamin
 

Use it and share your experience, I’ve tried it while playing Mortal Kombat, and the results were satisfying

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Moty Azrad
Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2020 1:29 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] lion universal subtitle reader and more NVDA addon

 

Dear all,

 

I’ve installed successfully this new addon.

Eilana, try again to install it.

 

Good luck

 

Moti

 

 

 

Moti Azrad 

Musician and Piano-Tuner         

 

motiaz@...

 

azrad_moty@...

 

Israel

 

 

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Eilana Benish
Sent: 18 August, 2020 10:47
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] lion universal subtitle reader and more NVDA addon

 

I have tried to install the add on But I received a message saying that installation fail .

In addition It would be wise to give a page with more details about the add ONS and supported languages and keyboard shortcuts.

 

 

 

 

‫בתאריך יום ב׳, 17 באוג׳ 2020 ב-22:28 מאת ‪JM Casey‏ <‪jmcasey@...‏>:

That’s very interesting. Have you tried it with a braille display? That’s how I’d like to /do read subtitles.

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Josh Kennedy
Sent: August 17, 2020 3:21 PM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: [nvda] lion universal subtitle reader and more NVDA addon

 

Hi,

I found this great addon. Please consider adding it into the community addons page. It lets you read subtitles. It’s like intelligent realtime OCR for NVDA that uses the windows10 OCR engine. Try it out. Link is:

 

https://blindieconnect.net/files/lion-latest.nvda-addon

 

Josh Kennedy

 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 



--

 ובכבוד רב | Sincerely,

אילנה בניש מורשה נגישות שירות 2200 | Eilana Benish, service Accessibility authorized (2200)

ניהול פרויקטים – נגישות ושמישות אינטרנט וטכנולוגיות מידע  | Projects manager – Accessibility & usability on internet and ICT

📱 +972-50-7100367 | 📧 benish.ilana@...

 


Re: lion universal subtitle reader and more NVDA addon

abdul muhamin
 

Hi, I’m using this addon on win10 with the latest NVDA, the best thing of this addon is to read the subtitles and on screen text automatically. If possible, please add this functionality to NVDA core, so that it can be used with Win10 ocr.

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Joseph Lee
Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2020 8:32 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] lion subtitle reader and more addon

 

Hello everyone,

I took a look at this add-on, and I'm afraid this one isn't really compatible with recent NVDA releases and other issues were found (no wonder it is labeled a "beta" at this time). Specifically:

* OCR engine: it uses OCR engine found in Windows 10. Therefore unless you are using Windows 10, you won't be able to use this add-on at all (you can configure things, but the thing that enables this add-on is missing on older Windows releases).

* It uses code fragments that are no longer supported in newer NVDA dependencies (specifically, wxPython).

Thanks.

Cheers,

Joseph

 

-----Original Message-----

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Vaibhav Bhandari

Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2020 8:17 AM

To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Subject: Re: [nvda] lion subtitle reader and more addon

 

Hi,

You can download the addon from the link given below- https://blindieconnect.net/files/lion-latest.nvda-addon

 

On 8/19/20, Aravind R <aravind.andhrabank@...> wrote:

> add on link is not pasted boss.

> On 19/08/2020, Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...> wrote:

>> Hi,

>> Here pasted below is the lion subtitle reader and more documentation.

>> My question though is, what is the very first combo box used for in

>> lion settings never mind I figured it out it changes how often OCR is

>> performed.

>> 

>> What is it

>> LION is an addon which does Automatic OCr of certain screen portions,

>> at a certain interval. Why do I say that it is intelligent? No, not

>> because I've written it, nor because the "i" makes for a nice

>> acronym. Since it does OCR of the same screen portion multiple times,

>> normally it would read the same text multiple times, which is not

>> very nice. So, I implemented a mechanism to skip speaking of the text

>> if it seems similar to the previously recognised text.

>> What can I do with it?

>> The main reason I wrote it was to read subtitles. Due to the way it

>> works, it can read any subtitles on the screen, including Youtube,

>> Netflix and other online video sites, subtitles embedded in AVI

>> files, and even live tV!

>> Make sure to set the video to full screen when using it, as it works

>> like sighted eyes do. It needs big text for better performance. The

>> quality won't be perfect, try to set the font of the subtitles as

>> large as possible, if you have the option, and use a high resolution

>> screen. The OCR engine it uses is not perfect. It may have inferior

>> results on certain images.

>> Other than that, It can be used to monitor any inaccessible text on

>> the screen, like video game menus. It won't tell you highlighted

>> text, unfortunately.

>> How do I use it?

>> To launch it with default options, just press NVDA+alt+l. LION will

>> start OCR of the whole screen at a 1 second interval, speaking only

>> when the text changes. Hopefully. :) If you want to customize its

>> behaviour, go to the NVDA Menu, Preferences, LION settings. For

>> example, a video file might have a logo in the upper left corner that

>> gets read along with the subtitle, and disrupts the experience. We'll

>> see how to fix this in the next section.

>> LION has the following settings:

>> 1. OCR interval: how often the program does OCR. Takes values from

>> 0.1 second to 10 seconds.

>> 2. OCR target: specifies the screen portion to OCR. Options are:

>> current control, current window, navigator object, and full screen 3.

>> Crop pixels from above, below, right, left. In full screen mode,

>> those four fields allow you to crop sections from the screen from

>> being scanned.

>> Those settings work only in full screen and current window modes.

>> Why is this setting useful? Let's remember the logo example above.

>> Just crop 10% or so from above to skip the logo, and you won't hear

>> it. Actually, to make the recognition faster and less resource

>> intensive, you can crop like 70% from above, since subtitles are

>> usually found in the lower third of the screen.

>> what's new

>> version 1.11

>> Fixed a bug, mainly observed in youtube fullscreen.

>> version 1.1

>> 1. the crop settings affect the current window mode, too 2.

>> implemented a similarity threshold setting, mainlly useful in games.

>> LION

>> always compares the current text with the one which has been spoken

>> previously. If it thinks the text hasn't changed, it doesn't speak.

>> This setting controls how aggressive LION is in comparing texts. 0

>> means all texts are identical, practically rendering the addon

>> unusable. 1 will read all texts, even if they are the same. The

>> default is 0.5.

>> version 1.0

>> initial version

>> Who wrote this, how often will I see updates?

>> My name is Stefan Moisei, a blind programmer trying to survive in an

>> East European country, Romania, who has a lot to catch up to get to

>> an occidental level. LION, and other blind specific software are just

>> a hobby for me, developed in my spare time. So, I'm afraid updates

>> won't come too often.

>> But

>> if you can code, this is NVDA, so the source is right there. :)

>> 

>> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

>> 

>> 

>> 

>> 

>> 

> --

> --

> --

> nothing is difficult unless you make it appear so.

> r. aravind,

> manager

> Department of sales

> bank of baroda specialised mortgage store, Chennai.

> mobile no: +91 9940369593,

> email id : aravind_069@..., aravind.andhrabank@....

> aravind.rajendran@....

>

 

 

--

Thanks/regards: Vaibhav Bhandari

 

 

 

 

 

 


Re: DECtalk Synthesizer

 

Hi,

If this person holds copyright to this DLL’s source code and is willing to license it in a way that allows a GNU GPL project like an NVDA add-on to include the DLL, then I’ll ask the NVDA add-ons community to take a look at this add-on. We must go through this step in order to make sure we do have the proper rights (copyright laws are complex). Just because software is abandonware does not mean it is automatically assumed that it can be incorporated into a project licensed under open-source license such as GNU General Public License.

Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Josh Kennedy
Sent: Thursday, August 20, 2020 6:33 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] DECtalk Synthesizer

 

I was able to get in touch with the author of the DLL inside the ad on. He emailed me and said that it was OK to distribute the ad on because it is a Bandan where. The DLL is a Bandan where and he does not mind if we distribute the ad on and the DLL file that is inside of it.


Re: The Braille tables need updating.

 

Hi,
We (NVDA developers) try our best to use the latest Liblouis release to go
with NVDA releases, so it won't be until later this year when we get to use
upcoming Liblouis release (there is usually at least one NVDA collaborator
working on Libluis support and upgrades).
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of John J. Boyer
Sent: Thursday, August 20, 2020 6:32 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] The Braille tables need updating.

Hi Joseph,

The UEB tables should be stable in this release of liblouis. A new release
will be out soon. NVDA may want to upgrade to that.

John

On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 06:02:48AM -0700, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi John,
This is the exact concern I had back in 2013 when I worked on en-ueb
table series. Although it might be too late to change it (as the UEB
entries were added when the old uebc-g1/g2 tables were in use), I
think at least talking to NV Access people might yield something for us to
consider.
For others: lately I find myself acknowledging many things... Yes, I
am the person who created and organized a massive effort to improve
current Unified English Braille (UEB) tables that ships with NVDA and
many other screen readers. Perhaps the most significant thing I did
with that table series was adding mathematical symbols, Greek letters,
among many other symbols. Many improvements have been made since the
en-ueb table series first appeared in 2013.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of John J.
Boyer
Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2020 11:26 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] The Braille tables need updating.

I don't find the English UEB tableO
in the list of output tables.

John

On Wed, Aug 19, 2020 at 04:24:42PM -0700, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
Are you sure?
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of John J.
Boyer
Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2020 4:19 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] The Braille tables need updating.

Hello,

The Unified English Braille table is not listed in the output Tables
list. I have NVDA 2020.2.
Please include the en-ueb-g2.ctb table in the next release.

Thanks,
John

--
John J. Boyer
Email: john.boyer@abilitiessoft.org
website: http://www.abilitiessoft.org
Status: Company dissolved but website and email addresses live.
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Mission: developing assistive technology software and providing STEM
services
that are available at no cost







--
John J. Boyer
Email: john.boyer@abilitiessoft.org
website: http://www.abilitiessoft.org
Status: Company dissolved but website and email addresses live.
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Mission: developing assistive technology software and providing STEM
services
that are available at no cost







--
John J. Boyer
Email: john.boyer@abilitiessoft.org
website: http://www.abilitiessoft.org
Status: Company dissolved but website and email addresses live.
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Mission: developing assistive technology software and providing STEM
services
that are available at no cost


Re: The Braille tables need updating.

John J. Boyer
 

I think the NVDA developers should use the latest release of liblouis as a matter of course. The release process is meticulous.
Things are checked carefully.

John

On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 03:34:44PM +0200, Christo de Klerk wrote:
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
</head>
<body>
<div class="moz-cite-prefix">Joseph</div>
<div class="moz-cite-prefix"><br>
</div>
<div class="moz-cite-prefix">The Afrikaans grade 2 table has been
distributed with versions of LibLouis for almost a year and it is
perfectly stable. What is the procedure? Should I ask the LibLouis
developers to let NVDA developers know that there is a new, stable
table? Do they do that as a rule with new tables? I would have
expected that if a table is included in the LibLouis Tables folder
and distributed with the package, it would mean that the table is
stable.</div>
<div class="moz-cite-prefix"><br>
</div>
<div class="moz-cite-prefix">I believe many South African users of
NVDA are keen for this table to show up in NVDA. I developed the
table and use it every day. Should I give LibLouis some
instruction about it?</div>
<div class="moz-cite-prefix"><br>
</div>
<div class="moz-cite-prefix">Kind regards</div>
<div class="moz-cite-prefix"><br>
</div>
<div class="moz-cite-prefix">Christo</div>
<div class="moz-cite-prefix"><br>
</div>
<div class="moz-cite-prefix"><br>
</div>
<div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 2020/08/20 02:54pm, Joseph Lee
wrote:<br>
</div>
<blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:035b01d676f1$0ff97190$2fec54b0$@gmail.com">
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
<meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered
medium)">
<!--[if !mso]><style>v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
</style><![endif]-->
<style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
{font-family:"Cambria Math";
panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
{font-family:Calibri;
panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
{font-family:"Malgun Gothic";
panose-1:2 11 5 3 2 0 0 2 0 4;}
@font-face
{font-family:Consolas;
panose-1:2 11 6 9 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
{font-family:"\@Malgun Gothic";}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
{margin:0in;
font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
{mso-style-priority:99;
color:blue;
text-decoration:underline;}
pre
{mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-link:"HTML Preformatted Char";
margin:0in;
font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:"Courier New";}
span.HTMLPreformattedChar
{mso-style-name:"HTML Preformatted Char";
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-link:"HTML Preformatted";
font-family:Consolas;}
span.EmailStyle21
{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
{mso-style-type:export-only;
font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
{size:8.5in 11.0in;
margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
<div class="WordSection1">
<p class="MsoNormal">Hi,<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Provided that the table is declared stable,
as it is really up to Liblouis table maintainers to let
everyone know of this fact.<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Cheers,<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Joseph<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
<div>
<div style="border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1
1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in 0in 0in">
<p class="MsoNormal"><b>From:</b> <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io">nvda@nvda.groups.io</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io">&lt;nvda@nvda.groups.io&gt;</a> <b>On Behalf Of </b>Christo
de Klerk<br>
<b>Sent:</b> Thursday, August 20, 2020 2:50 AM<br>
<b>To:</b> <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io">nvda@nvda.groups.io</a><br>
<b>Subject:</b> Re: [nvda] The Braille tables need
updating.<o:p></o:p></p>
</div>
</div>
<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
<div>
<p class="MsoNormal">Hello John<o:p></o:p></p>
</div>
<div>
<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
</div>
<div>
<p class="MsoNormal">The UEB table is present, but you won't
see it among the English table. The list is shown
alphabetically and the table is listed under U for Unified
English.<o:p></o:p></p>
</div>
<div>
<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
</div>
<div>
<p class="MsoNormal">But on this topic, I see that although
the Afrikaans grade to table is in the Tables folder, it is
not listed by NVDA. This should be fixed in NVDA.<o:p></o:p></p>
</div>
<div>
<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
</div>
<div>
<p class="MsoNormal">Kind regards<o:p></o:p></p>
</div>
<div>
<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
</div>
<div>
<p class="MsoNormal">Christo<o:p></o:p></p>
</div>
<div>
<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
</div>
<div>
<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
</div>
<div>
<p class="MsoNormal">On 2020/08/20 01:18am, John J. Boyer
wrote:<o:p></o:p></p>
</div>
<blockquote style="margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt">
<pre>Hello,<o:p></o:p></pre>
<pre><o:p> </o:p></pre>
<pre>The Unified English Braille table is not listed in the output Tables list. I have NVDA 2020.2. <o:p></o:p></pre>
<pre>Please include the en-ueb-g2.ctb table in the next release.<o:p></o:p></pre>
<pre><o:p> </o:p></pre>
<pre>Thanks,<o:p></o:p></pre>
<pre>John<o:p></o:p></pre>
<pre><o:p> </o:p></pre>
</blockquote>
<p><o:p> </o:p></p>
</div>

</blockquote>
<p><br>
</p>
</body>
</html>

<div width="1" style="color:white;clear:both"></div>
--
John J. Boyer
Email: john.boyer@abilitiessoft.org
website: http://www.abilitiessoft.org
Status: Company dissolved but website and email addresses live.
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Mission: developing assistive technology software and providing STEM services
that are available at no cost


Re: The Braille tables need updating.

 

Hi,

Provided that the table passes Liblouis table tests (it’s been a while since I last touched it), ask NVDA developers (via GitHub) if this table can be included in output and/or input tables list.

Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Christo de Klerk
Sent: Thursday, August 20, 2020 6:35 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] The Braille tables need updating.

 

Joseph

 

The Afrikaans grade 2 table has been distributed with versions of LibLouis for almost a year and it is perfectly stable. What is the procedure? Should I ask the LibLouis developers to let NVDA developers know that there is a new, stable table? Do they do that as a rule with new tables? I would have expected that if a table is included in the LibLouis Tables folder and distributed with the package, it would mean that the table is stable.

 

I believe many South African users of NVDA are keen for this table to show up in NVDA. I developed the table and use it every day. Should I give LibLouis some instruction about it?

 

Kind regards

 

Christo

 

 

On 2020/08/20 02:54pm, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,

Provided that the table is declared stable, as it is really up to Liblouis table maintainers to let everyone know of this fact.

Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Christo de Klerk
Sent: Thursday, August 20, 2020 2:50 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] The Braille tables need updating.

 

Hello John

 

The UEB table is present, but you won't see it among the English table. The list is shown alphabetically and the table is listed under U for Unified English.

 

But on this topic, I see that although the Afrikaans grade to table is in the Tables folder, it is not listed by NVDA. This should be fixed in NVDA.

 

Kind regards

 

Christo

 

 

On 2020/08/20 01:18am, John J. Boyer wrote:

Hello,
 
The Unified English Braille table is not listed in the output Tables list. I have NVDA 2020.2. 
Please include the en-ueb-g2.ctb table in the next release.
 
Thanks,
John
 

 

 


Re: The Braille tables need updating.

Christo de Klerk
 

Joseph

The Afrikaans grade 2 table has been distributed with versions of LibLouis for almost a year and it is perfectly stable. What is the procedure? Should I ask the LibLouis developers to let NVDA developers know that there is a new, stable table? Do they do that as a rule with new tables? I would have expected that if a table is included in the LibLouis Tables folder and distributed with the package, it would mean that the table is stable.

I believe many South African users of NVDA are keen for this table to show up in NVDA. I developed the table and use it every day. Should I give LibLouis some instruction about it?

Kind regards

Christo


On 2020/08/20 02:54pm, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,

Provided that the table is declared stable, as it is really up to Liblouis table maintainers to let everyone know of this fact.

Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Christo de Klerk
Sent: Thursday, August 20, 2020 2:50 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] The Braille tables need updating.

 

Hello John

 

The UEB table is present, but you won't see it among the English table. The list is shown alphabetically and the table is listed under U for Unified English.

 

But on this topic, I see that although the Afrikaans grade to table is in the Tables folder, it is not listed by NVDA. This should be fixed in NVDA.

 

Kind regards

 

Christo

 

 

On 2020/08/20 01:18am, John J. Boyer wrote:

Hello,
 
The Unified English Braille table is not listed in the output Tables list. I have NVDA 2020.2. 
Please include the en-ueb-g2.ctb table in the next release.
 
Thanks,
John
 

 



Re: DECtalk Synthesizer

Josh Kennedy
 

I was able to get in touch with the author of the DLL inside the ad on. He emailed me and said that it was OK to distribute the ad on because it is a Bandan where. The DLL is a Bandan where and he does not mind if we distribute the ad on and the DLL file that is inside of it.


Re: The Braille tables need updating.

John J. Boyer
 

Hi Joseph,

The UEB tables should be stable in this release of liblouis. A new release will be out soon. NVDA may want to upgrade to that.

John

On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 06:02:48AM -0700, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi John,
This is the exact concern I had back in 2013 when I worked on en-ueb table
series. Although it might be too late to change it (as the UEB entries were
added when the old uebc-g1/g2 tables were in use), I think at least talking
to NV Access people might yield something for us to consider.
For others: lately I find myself acknowledging many things... Yes, I am the
person who created and organized a massive effort to improve current Unified
English Braille (UEB) tables that ships with NVDA and many other screen
readers. Perhaps the most significant thing I did with that table series was
adding mathematical symbols, Greek letters, among many other symbols. Many
improvements have been made since the en-ueb table series first appeared in
2013.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of John J. Boyer
Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2020 11:26 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] The Braille tables need updating.

I don't find the English UEB tableO
in the list of output tables.

John

On Wed, Aug 19, 2020 at 04:24:42PM -0700, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
Are you sure?
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of John J.
Boyer
Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2020 4:19 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] The Braille tables need updating.

Hello,

The Unified English Braille table is not listed in the output Tables
list. I have NVDA 2020.2.
Please include the en-ueb-g2.ctb table in the next release.

Thanks,
John

--
John J. Boyer
Email: john.boyer@abilitiessoft.org
website: http://www.abilitiessoft.org
Status: Company dissolved but website and email addresses live.
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Mission: developing assistive technology software and providing STEM
services
that are available at no cost







--
John J. Boyer
Email: john.boyer@abilitiessoft.org
website: http://www.abilitiessoft.org
Status: Company dissolved but website and email addresses live.
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Mission: developing assistive technology software and providing STEM
services
that are available at no cost







--
John J. Boyer
Email: john.boyer@abilitiessoft.org
website: http://www.abilitiessoft.org
Status: Company dissolved but website and email addresses live.
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Mission: developing assistive technology software and providing STEM services
that are available at no cost


Re: The Braille tables need updating.

John J. Boyer
 

Hi Christo,

Thanks. I have UEB now! I don't know if people can read the html message you sent.
It says that the tables are listed alphabeticaloly, so the Unified English Braille table would not be found under English. The U.S. tables are no longer being maintained. I've been using UEB in my translations of books from Bookshare with good results.

John

On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 11:49:54AM +0200, Christo de Klerk wrote:
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
</head>
<body>
<div class="moz-cite-prefix">Hello John</div>
<div class="moz-cite-prefix"><br>
</div>
<div class="moz-cite-prefix">The UEB table is present, but you won't
see it among the English table. The list is shown alphabetically
and the table is listed under U for Unified English.</div>
<div class="moz-cite-prefix"><br>
</div>
<div class="moz-cite-prefix">But on this topic, I see that although
the Afrikaans grade to table is in the Tables folder, it is not
listed by NVDA. This should be fixed in NVDA.</div>
<div class="moz-cite-prefix"><br>
</div>
<div class="moz-cite-prefix">Kind regards</div>
<div class="moz-cite-prefix"><br>
</div>
<div class="moz-cite-prefix">Christo</div>
<div class="moz-cite-prefix"><br>
</div>
<div class="moz-cite-prefix"><br>
</div>
<div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 2020/08/20 01:18am, John J. Boyer
wrote:<br>
</div>
<blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:20200819231831.GB79626@abilitiessoft">
<pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">Hello,

The Unified English Braille table is not listed in the output Tables list. I have NVDA 2020.2.
Please include the en-ueb-g2.ctb table in the next release.

Thanks,
John

</pre>
</blockquote>
<p><br>
</p>
</body>
</html>

<div width="1" style="color:white;clear:both"></div>
--
John J. Boyer
Email: john.boyer@abilitiessoft.org
website: http://www.abilitiessoft.org
Status: Company dissolved but website and email addresses live.
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Mission: developing assistive technology software and providing STEM services
that are available at no cost


Re: The Braille tables need updating.

 

Hi John,
This is the exact concern I had back in 2013 when I worked on en-ueb table
series. Although it might be too late to change it (as the UEB entries were
added when the old uebc-g1/g2 tables were in use), I think at least talking
to NV Access people might yield something for us to consider.
For others: lately I find myself acknowledging many things... Yes, I am the
person who created and organized a massive effort to improve current Unified
English Braille (UEB) tables that ships with NVDA and many other screen
readers. Perhaps the most significant thing I did with that table series was
adding mathematical symbols, Greek letters, among many other symbols. Many
improvements have been made since the en-ueb table series first appeared in
2013.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of John J. Boyer
Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2020 11:26 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] The Braille tables need updating.

I don't find the English UEB tableO
in the list of output tables.

John

On Wed, Aug 19, 2020 at 04:24:42PM -0700, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
Are you sure?
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of John J.
Boyer
Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2020 4:19 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] The Braille tables need updating.

Hello,

The Unified English Braille table is not listed in the output Tables
list. I have NVDA 2020.2.
Please include the en-ueb-g2.ctb table in the next release.

Thanks,
John

--
John J. Boyer
Email: john.boyer@abilitiessoft.org
website: http://www.abilitiessoft.org
Status: Company dissolved but website and email addresses live.
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Mission: developing assistive technology software and providing STEM
services
that are available at no cost







--
John J. Boyer
Email: john.boyer@abilitiessoft.org
website: http://www.abilitiessoft.org
Status: Company dissolved but website and email addresses live.
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Mission: developing assistive technology software and providing STEM
services
that are available at no cost

4681 - 4700 of 81060