Date   

Re: Will NVDA eventually use AI for better GUI recognition?

Jaffar Sidek <jaffar.sidek10@...>
 

Python has become quite a power pack programming language in it's own right.  It is a multi-purpose language tool for writing GUIS, Scientific Applications, and games.  It drives the web with it's Django and Flask built apps.  It has frameworks built based upon it to make Android and IPhone apps.  It is powerful, yet relatively easier to learn than Java or C or C++.  Gone are the days when Python is just a mere scripting language.  In fact, NVDA wouldn't be where it is today if Python were just a mere scripting language.  I should think that more appropriate research should be made before sweeping statements like this were made.  Cheers!

On 12/1/2021 9:00 am, Rob Hudson wrote:
Yeah all I know is that it's a scripting language. Didn't know how deep it got into machine learning fuzzy logic and AI>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jaffar Sidek" <jaffar.sidek10@gmail.com>
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2021 08:55:24 +0800
Subject: Re: [nvda] Will NVDA eventually use AI for better GUI recognition?

You can do Machine learning with python, so It may not be imposible to
implement AI.

On 12/1/2021 8:29 am, Rob Hudson wrote:
Is that capability even available in python.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Supanut Leepaisomboon" <supanut2000@outlook.com>
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 16:18:00 -0800
Subject: Re: [nvda] Will NVDA eventually use AI for better GUI recognition?

That is actually a great idea, I can imagine this capability being used to make PC games more accessible with NVDA.












Re: NVDA OCR

Quentin Christensen
 

Hi Sue,

I did start writing an update to the OCR section, I'll have to find that.  Meanwhile, if you have a JPG file in your documents folder, you will need to open that.  If you press ENTER on it, I think Windows will open it in the Photos app maybe?  Either way, once it's open you can then use NVDA+r to run OCR.  You then use your regular reading or navigation keys (EG NVDA+down arrow to say all, or the arrows to move around) to read the results.  Once done, press escape to close the temporary buffer and return to where you were.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Sat, Jan 9, 2021 at 1:39 AM Sue J. Ward <groovy41@...> wrote:
  Hello. I was wondering is the documentation for the OCR section in
NVDA will be updated in the next version of NVDA cause I did download a
couple of attachments they are JPG files and I did save them in the
documents folder since am on a windows 10 machine with everything up to
date. When I go to the file in the list of files when I land on that
file was wondering should I open up the file then do the command nvda
plus R, cause I do a nvda plus r command it says recognizing results and
a second later it says done. Where do they go after the stuff has been
recognized? When I do tab around I don't see another window open up
displaying the results. Where do I go from here? Any help would be
great. I hope in the next version of Nvda it will explain it in more
detail. When I did it with Jaws it did a much better job, it sure would
be nice if NVDA could do something similar.
____________________________________________________________
Sponsored by https://www.newser.com/?utm_source=part&utm_medium=uol&utm_campaign=rss_taglines_more

Maryland Governor Tried to Send Help for a Futile 90 Minutes
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/5ff86e499f71e6e483ed8st02duc1
Josh Hawley Fumes After Losing His Book Deal
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/5ff86e49c3c576e483ed8st02duc2
Social Media Posts Help Identify Capitol Rioters
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/5ff86e49e89b86e483ed8st02duc3







--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager


Re: Use NVDA to help train Speech Recognition?

hurrikennyandopo ...
 

Hi


Not sure if there is a later version of the add on I have not looked but think this is the beta he is referring to. It can be gotten from my drop box account at https://www.dropbox.com/s/fic7y3i4hpr19ev/DictationBridge-1.1beta1.nvda-addon?dl=1


Gene nz


On 12/01/2021 3:30 pm, Jim Pipczak wrote:

You need the beta version of dictation bridge for it to work on the latest version of NVDA. It works quite well.

 

Thanks,

Jim

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sky Mundell
Sent: Tuesday, 12 January 2021 10:19 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Use NVDA to help train Speech Recognition?

 

I tried that 3 years ago and didn’t get any luck with it. Their used to be a plugin called Dictation Bridge but it doesn’t seem to work with NVDA 2020 or later.



On Jan 11, 2021, at 2:36 PM, Milton Charlton <milton.charlton@...> wrote:

 

Use NVDA to help train Speech Recognition?

I am trying to help someone start using a Windows computer with speech input and audio output.  They has lost ability to read owing to macular degeneration. The main applications are MS Word, Outlook, Edge and Zoom.

One snag would seem to be training the speech recognition program.  I remember using Dragon about 10 years ago and there was a lengthy training that required reading text to the microphone.  Windows Speech Recognition (WSR) also has training that requires reading text.  WSR depends on the user correcting mistakes properly. I hope the read back function of NVDA will help for that.

Has anyone used NVDA to read out the training text so the user can repeat it verbally to the speech recognition program (WSR)?  I expect this would only work with ear phones on.

I would appreciate information about forums that discuss integration of WSR and NVDA to use Windows Office products. I am aware of Knowbrainer.

Thanks.  This is a great forum!

 

 

 

 


Jim Pipczak
Access Technology Service Development Lead
Client Services
Vision Australia
14 & 17 Barrett Street Kensington VIC 3031

M: +614 3375 7598 T: +613 8378 1243 (I: 344243)
E: Jim.Pipczak@...
www.visionaustralia.org


Vision Australia is committed to supporting the blind and low vision community through COVID-19. Find out about our response and free support resources online at www.visionaustralia.org/COVID19.



Re: Using NVDA With Remote!

Thomas E Williamson, Senior
 

I can hear the 2 beeps, that you talk about for connecting.
After that, nothing!
The only way that I can tell, what is going is, if we get on the telephone.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ann Byrne
Sent: Monday, January 11, 2021 9:45 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Using NVDA With Remote!

If you type something on your computer, does the target computer show it?
the target operator can hear it but you can't?


At 07:58 PM 1/11/2021, you wrote:
Ok, I have successfully followed those instructions, from 2 different
computers, but I got the same results. Nothing, or no speech on my end of
the deal.
When I press f11, the fitst time, it says, local machine, and the second
time, it says, controlloint remote computer.
However, I can not navigate or hear, what the person is doing, except by
telephone.
Thanks!



-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ann Byrne
Sent: Monday, January 11, 2021 7:09 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Using NVDA With Remote!

I am using NVDA with remote with a student. A couple of things:
Unlike with JAWS, where the controller assigns a key, The target computer
has to invite the remote first Then the controller signs in, using the key
the target gives him.
NVDA makes a two-toned sound when the connection is made.
then the controller presses f11, and NVDA says 'controlling remote
computer'.
And you're in business.

Holler if that's only clear as mud.




.At 04:34 PM 1/11/2021, you wrote:
Yes Mam, I did that, but I can not hear anything.
I wonder, if there is an add on that I need to get.



-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ann Byrne
Sent: Monday, January 11, 2021 4:18 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Using NVDA With Remote!

If you are set up to control the other computer, remember to press
f11 so you can see/hear it.
At 04:04 PM 1/11/2021, you wrote:
Hello,
When I connect to another's person usin nvda remote, it does not read
on my end, what she hears, on her end?
What might be the problem, why I can not hear, while to he computer?
Thanks for your help!
Regards,
Thomas.






















Re: NVDA and ctrl+a

Quentin Christensen
 

Did you manage to get to the bottom of this?  Had you recently updated NVDA to the latest beta?  It sounds like the kind of odd quirk that can happen after updating and before restarting the PC.

FWIW, I just tried here with NVDA 2020.4 beta 3 and it's working as expected.

Quentin.

On Fri, Jan 1, 2021 at 4:39 AM John J. Boyer <john.boyer@...> wrote:
I tried it in notepad, notepad== and WordPad. It was weird.

John

On Thu, Dec 31, 2020 at 10:26:55AM -0600, Gene wrote:
> In what program?  Control a is a windows command and I don't know if there
> are any programs where NVDA might cause this to happen.  But if people are
> going to check, this, we should know the program where you observed this.
>
> Also, what are you describing?  Are you talking about visually seeing what
> is on screen?
>
> Gene
>
> -----Original Message----- From: John J. Boyer
> Sent: Thursday, December 31, 2020 9:55 AM
> To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
> Subject: [nvda] NVDA and ctrl+a
>
> Hello,
>
> When I pressed ctrl+a to select an entire file only the first line was
> highlighted. This gave me quite a start.
> Further investigation showed, however, that everything was selected.
> Apparently NVDA was showing only the first line. It used to show everything
> as highlighted.
>
> John
>
> --
> John J. Boyer
> Email: john.boyer@...
> website: http://www.abilitiessoft.org
> Status: Company dissolved but website and email addresses  live.
> Location: Madison, Wisconsin, USA
> Mission: developing assistive technology software and providing STEM
> services
>        that are available at no cost
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

--
John J. Boyer
Email: john.boyer@...
website: http://www.abilitiessoft.org
Status: Company dissolved but website and email addresses  live.
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Mission: developing assistive technology software and providing STEM services
        that are available at no cost









--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager


Re: Using NVDA With Remote!

Thomas E Williamson, Senior
 

No mam, She can not hear, even when I am typing.
There is nothing!

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ann Byrne
Sent: Monday, January 11, 2021 9:45 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Using NVDA With Remote!

If you type something on your computer, does the target computer show it?
the target operator can hear it but you can't?


At 07:58 PM 1/11/2021, you wrote:
Ok, I have successfully followed those instructions, from 2 different
computers, but I got the same results. Nothing, or no speech on my end of
the deal.
When I press f11, the fitst time, it says, local machine, and the second
time, it says, controlloint remote computer.
However, I can not navigate or hear, what the person is doing, except by
telephone.
Thanks!



-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ann Byrne
Sent: Monday, January 11, 2021 7:09 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Using NVDA With Remote!

I am using NVDA with remote with a student. A couple of things:
Unlike with JAWS, where the controller assigns a key, The target computer
has to invite the remote first Then the controller signs in, using the key
the target gives him.
NVDA makes a two-toned sound when the connection is made.
then the controller presses f11, and NVDA says 'controlling remote
computer'.
And you're in business.

Holler if that's only clear as mud.




.At 04:34 PM 1/11/2021, you wrote:
Yes Mam, I did that, but I can not hear anything.
I wonder, if there is an add on that I need to get.



-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ann Byrne
Sent: Monday, January 11, 2021 4:18 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Using NVDA With Remote!

If you are set up to control the other computer, remember to press
f11 so you can see/hear it.
At 04:04 PM 1/11/2021, you wrote:
Hello,
When I connect to another's person usin nvda remote, it does not read
on my end, what she hears, on her end?
What might be the problem, why I can not hear, while to he computer?
Thanks for your help!
Regards,
Thomas.






















Re: Using NVDA With Remote!

Ann Byrne
 

If you type something on your computer, does the target computer show it? the target operator can hear it but you can't?

At 07:58 PM 1/11/2021, you wrote:
Ok, I have successfully followed those instructions, from 2 different
computers, but I got the same results. Nothing, or no speech on my end of
the deal.
When I press f11, the fitst time, it says, local machine, and the second
time, it says, controlloint remote computer.
However, I can not navigate or hear, what the person is doing, except by
telephone.
Thanks!



-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ann Byrne
Sent: Monday, January 11, 2021 7:09 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Using NVDA With Remote!

I am using NVDA with remote with a student. A couple of things:
Unlike with JAWS, where the controller assigns a key, The target computer
has to invite the remote first Then the controller signs in, using the key
the target gives him.
NVDA makes a two-toned sound when the connection is made.
then the controller presses f11, and NVDA says 'controlling remote
computer'.
And you're in business.

Holler if that's only clear as mud.




.At 04:34 PM 1/11/2021, you wrote:
Yes Mam, I did that, but I can not hear anything.
I wonder, if there is an add on that I need to get.



-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ann Byrne
Sent: Monday, January 11, 2021 4:18 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Using NVDA With Remote!

If you are set up to control the other computer, remember to press
f11 so you can see/hear it.
At 04:04 PM 1/11/2021, you wrote:
Hello,
When I connect to another's person usin nvda remote, it does not read
on my end, what she hears, on her end?
What might be the problem, why I can not hear, while to he computer?
Thanks for your help!
Regards,
Thomas.






















Re: bug or feature? alt+F4 doesn't close speech viewer

Quentin Christensen
 

This is a known issue.  I created an issue for it last year: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/10791

The speech viewer window can still be closed by pressing alt+n, t, s again, or by using the shortcut key (if you have defined a shortcut key to toggle speech viewer). Creating a shortcut for speech viewer (in NVDA's input gestures dialog) is recommended for users who frequently toggle this feature on and off.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Dec 30, 2020 at 7:53 AM Carlos Esteban Martínez Macías via groups.io <cesteban.martinez=nvda.es@groups.io> wrote:

Hi all.

You need go to the NVDA menu, tools, speech viewer and the window is closed.

Regards.

 

 

Enviado desde Correo para Windows 10

 

De: Bob Cavanaugh
Enviado: martes, 29 de diciembre de 2020 14:55
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Asunto: [nvda] bug or feature? alt+F4 doesn't close speech viewer

 

Hi all,

I don't use speech viewer all that often, but as my last message

indicated, I find it useful for testing things. That being said, when

I'm done testing, the only way to close speech viewer seems to be to

restart NVDA. Is this a bug or was this done on purpose? I've tried

both alt+F4 and control+W with no luck.

Bob

 

 

 

 

 



--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager


Re: Tony's add-ons: new and updated

Bruno Aníbal Prieto González
 

Hi Tony! Thank you very much for all these add-ons, especially
WordNav. I used that Tony enhancements add-on a lot in VS Code but it
had to be enabled and disabled, since in UIA NVDA it said selected and
unselected all the time.
Since you corrected that, I imagine you already know how to do it, you
could correct that same error for IndentNav? In Visual Studio has that
behavior, NVDA says selected and unselected every time I use it. It
also happens to me in Windows 10 Sticky Notes, which also uses UI
Automation.

Thank you very much in advance!

2021-01-11 9:32 GMT-03:00, Suhas Dharwad <twigsnap7@gmail.com>:

sentence nav, word nav, and symbols, does sound quite interesting.

Will give it a try.
thanks.

---Suhas
Sent from Thunderbird <https://www.thunderbird.net/>


“Things can turn out differently, Apollo.
That's the nice thing about being human.
We only have one life, but we can choose what kind of story it's
going to be.”

Rick Riordan <https://rickriordan.com/>
On 1/10/2021 3:43, Tony Malykh wrote:

Hello all,

This is Tony, author of many NVDA add-ons. During holidays I updated
many of my add-ons, and wrote two new add-ons, so I would like to
share them with you guys. This is a long email, so please feel free to
navigate by headings!

Please note that links on the official website have not been updated,
as it seems that nobody has access to that website anymore. Therefore,
please download directly from Github, download links included below.


New add-ons:


WordNav

It takes word navigation to the next level in NVDA. It standardizes
what exactly does word mean, e.g. does it include punctuation before
and after, moreover, it offers various definitions of word, some of
which might be useful for software developers, for example when they
are working with camelCaseIdentifiers. It redefines Control+Left/Right
keystrokes, as well as it adds optional Control+Windows+Left/Right
keystrokes. Configuration panel included!

·Github: https://github.com/mltony/nvda-word-nav/

·Download:
https://github.com/mltony/nvda-word-nav/releases/download/v1.2/wordNav-1.2.nvda-addon


Console toolkit

This is a collection of tools for heavy console users. Among its
features are:

·More realtime speaking of console output

·* Beep on update

·Control+V shortcut now works in ssh connections

·Editing of current prompt in accessible window

·Capturing command output, including multi-page, and displaying it in
an accessible window

Please note, it supports the default Windows console, a.k.a. command
prompt, as well as windows PowerShell.

·Github: https://github.com/mltony/nvda-console-toolkit/

·Download:
https://github.com/mltony/nvda-console-toolkit/releases/download/v0.2dev/consoleToolkit-0.2dev.nvda-addon


Updates


SentenceNav

This add-on allows to read text sentence by sentence using Alt+Up/Down
keystroke. I managed to improve its performance a lot, now it reads
sentences much faster, especially in large paragraphs. I also added
experimental support for Microsoft Word and WordPad – before this
version built-in NVDA logic applied to sentence navigation in these
programs, and many users have complained about that. Also, a number of
bugfixes. Also I wrote extensive documentation, since sentence finding
code has become so complicated, even I myself is having a hard time
reading my own code after a couple of years since first release 😊

·Github: https://github.com/mltony/nvda-sentence-nav/

·Download:
https://github.com/mltony/nvda-sentence-nav/releases/download/v2.9/SentenceNav-2.9.nvda-addon

<https://github.com/mltony/nvda-sentence-nav/releases/download/v2.9/SentenceNav-2.9.nvda-addon>


BrowserNav

BrowserNav contains a set of improvements to browse mode in NVDA.
Besides a number of bugfixes, this new version includes command to
jump to next text written in different style (bound to tilde, that
weird key right above Tab), and a command to scroll down to reveal all
the hidden content, bound to backslash. That last command might be
useful for websites, that load content dynamically. This includes
Youtube, that doesn’t load the entire page and expects users to scroll
down to reveal certain elements, and also so called infinite scroll
webpages, such as Amazon and Facebook.

·Github: https://github.com/mltony/nvda-browser-nav/

·Download:
https://github.com/mltony/nvda-browser-nav/releases/download/v1.12/browsernav-1.12.nvda-addon

<https://github.com/mltony/nvda-browser-nav/releases/download/v1.12/browsernav-1.12.nvda-addon>


Tony’s enhancements

This add-on is an incubator for my experimental ideas, yet I believe
many of them might be quite handy for many users. In particular, this
time WordNav and Console toolkit mentioned above have graduated from
this incubator. 😊 Among new features that I added are QuickSearch
command, that allows to quickly find predefined text or regular
expression in text files. I personally find it useful for editing
markdown, because you can set the regular expression to search for
next/previous heading, and also for programming. Another new feature
allows to set system priority for NVDA process – this might improve
responsiveness of NVDA, especially when CPU load is high.

·Github: https://github.com/mltony/nvda-tonys-enhancements/

·Download:
https://github.com/mltony/nvda-tonys-enhancements/releases/download/v1.8/tonysEnhancements-1.8.nvda-addon

<https://github.com/mltony/nvda-tonys-enhancements/releases/download/v1.8/tonysEnhancements-1.8.nvda-addon>


Other


NVDA Symbols

This is not an add-on, but rather a comprehensive (more or less) table
of unicode characters with their proper English names. In particular,
it includes math symbols (the ones that are not defined in NVDA),
Greek letters, technical symbols, various arrows, etc. If you’re
Greek, you would probably want to exclude Greek letters from this
dictionary. If you speak CJK languages, you would probably want to
exclude fixed-width punctuation page from that dictionary. This table
would need to be added manually to your symbols.dic file in NVDA user
config directory.

·Github: https://github.com/mltony/nvda-symbols/
<https://github.com/mltony/nvda-symbols/>

·Download:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mltony/nvda-symbols/main/final.dic
<https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mltony/nvda-symbols/main/final.dic>

Let me know what you think!

Belated happy new year!

--Tony






Re: Skim reading suggestions

Quentin Christensen
 

Hi William,

This is a useful idea and would be worth creating an issue for on: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues

If you'd like an idea of how to write it up, the original issue which prompted the skim reading update in 2020.4 is as good as any: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/11563

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Dec 23, 2020 at 12:40 AM William Wong <sine.kazurin@...> wrote:
Hi all,

Not sure if this is appropiate to post here, or else do let me know
where should I put these content.


I am testing latest beta 20.4 of nvda.

I found that the function Skim reading is very useful and interesting.

With regard to this, can I suggest that nvda adding a function for user
to configure which key will not stop say all.

For instance, the find next for notepad++ is f3 and shift f3, the find
next in word is shift f4, I want to configure these keys to be included
in that function.

Thanks,

William














--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager


Re: Please your help with one program in Nvda

Quentin Christensen
 

Hi Jarek,

I am just catching up after leave.  I don't know if anyone replied to this in a separate thread.  I am not familiar with the program myself, but it might be worth talking to JW.org about the accessibility of the program - they may not be aware it is not accessible.

In general, if they use standard controls in a regular way they should usually be ok - I included some tips and suggestions in our In-Process blog recently: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/in-process-7th-september-2020#MakingSoftwareAccessible

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Dec 22, 2020 at 7:20 PM Jarek.Krcmar <Jarek.Krcmar@...> wrote:
Hello everyone
I am a believer and that is why I am from a web address
www.jw.org
downloaded and installed JWLibrary. But I found that Nvda doesn't read
any text to me in this program.
Could you please advise me what to do with it?
Thank you in advance for your help.

--
Jarek








--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager


Re: Use NVDA to help train Speech Recognition?

Jim Pipczak
 

You need the beta version of dictation bridge for it to work on the latest version of NVDA. It works quite well.

 

Thanks,

Jim

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sky Mundell
Sent: Tuesday, 12 January 2021 10:19 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Use NVDA to help train Speech Recognition?

 

I tried that 3 years ago and didn’t get any luck with it. Their used to be a plugin called Dictation Bridge but it doesn’t seem to work with NVDA 2020 or later.



On Jan 11, 2021, at 2:36 PM, Milton Charlton <milton.charlton@...> wrote:

 

Use NVDA to help train Speech Recognition?

I am trying to help someone start using a Windows computer with speech input and audio output.  They has lost ability to read owing to macular degeneration. The main applications are MS Word, Outlook, Edge and Zoom.

One snag would seem to be training the speech recognition program.  I remember using Dragon about 10 years ago and there was a lengthy training that required reading text to the microphone.  Windows Speech Recognition (WSR) also has training that requires reading text.  WSR depends on the user correcting mistakes properly. I hope the read back function of NVDA will help for that.

Has anyone used NVDA to read out the training text so the user can repeat it verbally to the speech recognition program (WSR)?  I expect this would only work with ear phones on.

I would appreciate information about forums that discuss integration of WSR and NVDA to use Windows Office products. I am aware of Knowbrainer.

Thanks.  This is a great forum!

 

 

 

 


Jim Pipczak
Access Technology Service Development Lead
Client Services
Vision Australia
14 & 17 Barrett Street Kensington VIC 3031

M: +614 3375 7598 T: +613 8378 1243 (I: 344243)
E: Jim.Pipczak@...
www.visionaustralia.org


Vision Australia is committed to supporting the blind and low vision community through COVID-19. Find out about our response and free support resources online at www.visionaustralia.org/COVID19.



Re: Using NVDA With Remote!

Thomas E Williamson, Senior
 

Ok, I have successfully followed those instructions, from 2 different
computers, but I got the same results. Nothing, or no speech on my end of
the deal.
When I press f11, the fitst time, it says, local machine, and the second
time, it says, controlloint remote computer.
However, I can not navigate or hear, what the person is doing, except by
telephone.
Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ann Byrne
Sent: Monday, January 11, 2021 7:09 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Using NVDA With Remote!

I am using NVDA with remote with a student. A couple of things:
Unlike with JAWS, where the controller assigns a key, The target computer
has to invite the remote first Then the controller signs in, using the key
the target gives him.
NVDA makes a two-toned sound when the connection is made.
then the controller presses f11, and NVDA says 'controlling remote
computer'.
And you're in business.

Holler if that's only clear as mud.




.At 04:34 PM 1/11/2021, you wrote:
Yes Mam, I did that, but I can not hear anything.
I wonder, if there is an add on that I need to get.



-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ann Byrne
Sent: Monday, January 11, 2021 4:18 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Using NVDA With Remote!

If you are set up to control the other computer, remember to press
f11 so you can see/hear it.
At 04:04 PM 1/11/2021, you wrote:
Hello,
When I connect to another's person usin nvda remote, it does not read
on my end, what she hears, on her end?
What might be the problem, why I can not hear, while to he computer?
Thanks for your help!
Regards,
Thomas.














Re: Tony's add-ons: new and updated

Aschalew Byness
 

toni
I really don't know what to say. May God bless you extremely well. I
have been wishing for long to see 'sentence nav add-on supporting MS
word and wordpad. I just tested the water. It works fine. As NVDa do
not recognize sentence-ending punctuation in my language, Amharic, I
found sentence nav to be one-of a kind. I am again at a loss for words
to express what I felt about it.

On 1/11/21, Suhas Dharwad <twigsnap7@gmail.com> wrote:
sentence nav, word nav, and symbols, does sound quite interesting.

Will give it a try.
thanks.

---Suhas
Sent from Thunderbird <https://www.thunderbird.net/>


“Things can turn out differently, Apollo.
That's the nice thing about being human.
We only have one life, but we can choose what kind of story it's
going to be.”

Rick Riordan <https://rickriordan.com/>
On 1/10/2021 3:43, Tony Malykh wrote:

Hello all,

This is Tony, author of many NVDA add-ons. During holidays I updated
many of my add-ons, and wrote two new add-ons, so I would like to
share them with you guys. This is a long email, so please feel free to
navigate by headings!

Please note that links on the official website have not been updated,
as it seems that nobody has access to that website anymore. Therefore,
please download directly from Github, download links included below.


New add-ons:


WordNav

It takes word navigation to the next level in NVDA. It standardizes
what exactly does word mean, e.g. does it include punctuation before
and after, moreover, it offers various definitions of word, some of
which might be useful for software developers, for example when they
are working with camelCaseIdentifiers. It redefines Control+Left/Right
keystrokes, as well as it adds optional Control+Windows+Left/Right
keystrokes. Configuration panel included!

·Github: https://github.com/mltony/nvda-word-nav/

·Download:
https://github.com/mltony/nvda-word-nav/releases/download/v1.2/wordNav-1.2.nvda-addon


Console toolkit

This is a collection of tools for heavy console users. Among its
features are:

·More realtime speaking of console output

·* Beep on update

·Control+V shortcut now works in ssh connections

·Editing of current prompt in accessible window

·Capturing command output, including multi-page, and displaying it in
an accessible window

Please note, it supports the default Windows console, a.k.a. command
prompt, as well as windows PowerShell.

·Github: https://github.com/mltony/nvda-console-toolkit/

·Download:
https://github.com/mltony/nvda-console-toolkit/releases/download/v0.2dev/consoleToolkit-0.2dev.nvda-addon


Updates


SentenceNav

This add-on allows to read text sentence by sentence using Alt+Up/Down
keystroke. I managed to improve its performance a lot, now it reads
sentences much faster, especially in large paragraphs. I also added
experimental support for Microsoft Word and WordPad – before this
version built-in NVDA logic applied to sentence navigation in these
programs, and many users have complained about that. Also, a number of
bugfixes. Also I wrote extensive documentation, since sentence finding
code has become so complicated, even I myself is having a hard time
reading my own code after a couple of years since first release 😊

·Github: https://github.com/mltony/nvda-sentence-nav/

·Download:
https://github.com/mltony/nvda-sentence-nav/releases/download/v2.9/SentenceNav-2.9.nvda-addon

<https://github.com/mltony/nvda-sentence-nav/releases/download/v2.9/SentenceNav-2.9.nvda-addon>


BrowserNav

BrowserNav contains a set of improvements to browse mode in NVDA.
Besides a number of bugfixes, this new version includes command to
jump to next text written in different style (bound to tilde, that
weird key right above Tab), and a command to scroll down to reveal all
the hidden content, bound to backslash. That last command might be
useful for websites, that load content dynamically. This includes
Youtube, that doesn’t load the entire page and expects users to scroll
down to reveal certain elements, and also so called infinite scroll
webpages, such as Amazon and Facebook.

·Github: https://github.com/mltony/nvda-browser-nav/

·Download:
https://github.com/mltony/nvda-browser-nav/releases/download/v1.12/browsernav-1.12.nvda-addon

<https://github.com/mltony/nvda-browser-nav/releases/download/v1.12/browsernav-1.12.nvda-addon>


Tony’s enhancements

This add-on is an incubator for my experimental ideas, yet I believe
many of them might be quite handy for many users. In particular, this
time WordNav and Console toolkit mentioned above have graduated from
this incubator. 😊 Among new features that I added are QuickSearch
command, that allows to quickly find predefined text or regular
expression in text files. I personally find it useful for editing
markdown, because you can set the regular expression to search for
next/previous heading, and also for programming. Another new feature
allows to set system priority for NVDA process – this might improve
responsiveness of NVDA, especially when CPU load is high.

·Github: https://github.com/mltony/nvda-tonys-enhancements/

·Download:
https://github.com/mltony/nvda-tonys-enhancements/releases/download/v1.8/tonysEnhancements-1.8.nvda-addon

<https://github.com/mltony/nvda-tonys-enhancements/releases/download/v1.8/tonysEnhancements-1.8.nvda-addon>


Other


NVDA Symbols

This is not an add-on, but rather a comprehensive (more or less) table
of unicode characters with their proper English names. In particular,
it includes math symbols (the ones that are not defined in NVDA),
Greek letters, technical symbols, various arrows, etc. If you’re
Greek, you would probably want to exclude Greek letters from this
dictionary. If you speak CJK languages, you would probably want to
exclude fixed-width punctuation page from that dictionary. This table
would need to be added manually to your symbols.dic file in NVDA user
config directory.

·Github: https://github.com/mltony/nvda-symbols/
<https://github.com/mltony/nvda-symbols/>

·Download:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mltony/nvda-symbols/main/final.dic
<https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mltony/nvda-symbols/main/final.dic>

Let me know what you think!

Belated happy new year!

--Tony






Re: Using NVDA With Remote!

Ann Byrne
 

I am using NVDA with remote with a student. A couple of things:
Unlike with JAWS, where the controller assigns a key, The target computer has to invite the remote first
Then the controller signs in, using the key the target gives him.
NVDA makes a two-toned sound when the connection is made.
then the controller presses f11, and NVDA says 'controlling remote computer'.
And you're in business.

Holler if that's only clear as mud.




.At 04:34 PM 1/11/2021, you wrote:

Yes Mam, I did that, but I can not hear anything.
I wonder, if there is an add on that I need to get.



-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ann Byrne
Sent: Monday, January 11, 2021 4:18 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Using NVDA With Remote!

If you are set up to control the other computer, remember to press
f11 so you can see/hear it.
At 04:04 PM 1/11/2021, you wrote:
Hello,
When I connect to another's person usin nvda remote, it does not read
on my end, what she hears, on her end?
What might be the problem, why I can not hear, while to he computer?
Thanks for your help!
Regards,
Thomas.














Re: Will NVDA eventually use AI for better GUI recognition?

Rob Hudson
 

Yeah all I know is that it's a scripting language. Didn't know how deep it got into machine learning fuzzy logic and AI>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jaffar Sidek" <jaffar.sidek10@gmail.com>
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2021 08:55:24 +0800
Subject: Re: [nvda] Will NVDA eventually use AI for better GUI recognition?

You can do Machine learning with python, so It may not be imposible to
implement AI.

On 12/1/2021 8:29 am, Rob Hudson wrote:
Is that capability even available in python.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Supanut Leepaisomboon" <supanut2000@outlook.com>
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 16:18:00 -0800
Subject: Re: [nvda] Will NVDA eventually use AI for better GUI recognition?

That is actually a great idea, I can imagine this capability being used to make PC games more accessible with NVDA.













Re: Will NVDA eventually use AI for better GUI recognition?

Jaffar Sidek <jaffar.sidek10@...>
 

You can do Machine learning with python, so It may not be imposible to implement AI.

On 12/1/2021 8:29 am, Rob Hudson wrote:
Is that capability even available in python.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Supanut Leepaisomboon" <supanut2000@outlook.com>
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 16:18:00 -0800
Subject: Re: [nvda] Will NVDA eventually use AI for better GUI recognition?

That is actually a great idea, I can imagine this capability being used to make PC games more accessible with NVDA.








Re: Will NVDA eventually use AI for better GUI recognition?

Sascha Cowley
 

Yes. What about it wouldn't be, and why?

On 2021-01-12 11:29, Rob Hudson wrote:
Is that capability even available in python.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Supanut Leepaisomboon" <supanut2000@outlook.com>
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 16:18:00 -0800
Subject: Re: [nvda] Will NVDA eventually use AI for better GUI recognition?

That is actually a great idea, I can imagine this capability being used to make PC games more accessible with NVDA.








Re: Will NVDA eventually use AI for better GUI recognition?

Rob Hudson
 

Is that capability even available in python.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Supanut Leepaisomboon" <supanut2000@outlook.com>
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 16:18:00 -0800
Subject: Re: [nvda] Will NVDA eventually use AI for better GUI recognition?

That is actually a great idea, I can imagine this capability being used to make PC games more accessible with NVDA.







Re: Will NVDA eventually use AI for better GUI recognition?

 

That is actually a great idea, I can imagine this capability being used to make PC games more accessible with NVDA.

4561 - 4580 of 85176