Date   

Re: NVDA Screen Review Mode

 

Hi,

Can you tell us what you know about screen review? That way we can help you fill in the gap.

Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Blind allday
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2021 4:46 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA Screen Review Mode

 

Hello guys,

I think I am overthinking NVDA’s Screen Review Mode. Can someone explain it to me? Or point me  to where I can learn more about it.


NVDA Screen Review Mode

Blind allday
 

Hello guys,

I think I am overthinking NVDA’s Screen Review Mode. Can someone explain it to me? Or point me  to where I can learn more about it.


Re: Navigating A Web Page

mike mcglashon
 

Please man,

Easy,

Don’t be so rude;

I know that this particular situation your nvda said things;

I was referring to situations where it does not;

Also, some of us non-tech guys do not have thought patterns that equate to those of techies;

Hence why guys like me appreciate guys like you who do;

 

 

Please advise as you like.

 

Mike M.

 

Mike mcglashon

Email: Michael.mcglashon@...

Ph: 618 783 9331

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2021 7:41 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Navigating A Web Page

 

On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 07:38 PM, mike mcglashon wrote:

It’s hard to infer anything from nothing;

 

Please advise as you like.

 

-
Is that what's happening here?  No.

If you can't get any information from the screen reader at all, that's inaccessible, plain and simple.

But I'm not going to attempt to discuss a situation not germane to this one, and in this case, where inaccessible is what something would be by definition if you can't get any information from the screen reader.
 
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042  

The depths of denial one can be pushed to by outside forces of disapproval can make you not even recognize yourself to yourself.

       ~ Brian Vogel

 


Re: Accessible Video Editor

Sarah k Alawami
 

you will add them as two items. YOU can actually snap to, or modify the crossings etc. then render. it works well. It's pretty easy. There is a list and discord where such things can be discussed. Look on groups.io for the reaper list. Or look in this group's archives as I'm sure it is given there.

--

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

Check out my adventures with a shadow machine.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on twitch. Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page You will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 22 Jan 2021, at 14:10, Christian Ohrens wrote:

Hey Sarah,

 

you wrote:

Ø  Just don't glue the items together, or the video will be black

 

OK thx, but how do I combine for example two videos as one without having a black screen at the end?

 

Greetings

Christian

 

 

Von: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> Im Auftrag von Sarah k Alawami
Gesendet: Freitag, 22. Januar 2021 21:04
An: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Betreff: Re: [nvda] Accessible Video Editor

 

No, I edit videos in reaper all the time. I can do it as quickly as I can a sound file. Just don't glue the items together, or the video will be black.

--

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

Check out my adventures with a shadow machine.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on twitch. Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page You will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 22 Jan 2021, at 11:37, Christian Ohrens wrote:

Hi,
I haven't used Reaper before so don't know much about this program, even it's for free or payed.
But what I read about was that Reaper's video editing function is rather slow, isn't it?

Greetings
Christian

 

Am 22.01.2021 20:22 schrieb Luke Robinett <blindgroupsluke@...>:

*bump*

I asked a similar question here a couple months ago and think it warrants further conversation. It seems an increasing number of us blind folks are interested in starting YouTube channels and doing other things with video video, so hopefully we learn about some good options.

I am also a home recording enthusiast and use a program called reaper to record and mix audio tracks. Reaper is fully accessible once you install a couple of free community created plug-ins. Reaper does provide the most basic of basic video editing. Pretty much just trimming, splitting, sliding things around on the timeline. No effects or transitions or anything else like that. If that’s all you need though, it’s 100% accessible and might be a good option.

 

On Jan 22, 2021, at 7:24 AM, Christian Ohrens <mail@...> wrote:



Hello,

 

Just want to refresh a thread of 2019 which I found in the group’s archive.

 

Are there any suggestions for accessible video editors?

Has anybody tried for example „vegas“ which is now developed by Magix Software? „Sound Forge“ is very accessible, maybe „Vegas“ would it be too?

Or the more professional programs like „Davinci“ or „Premiere“?

 

„Sound Forge“ is also able to edit video but I’m not quite sure if I would ‚destroy‘ the video itself when I’m gonna cut things off. If you want to edit the sound of the video it’s great.

 

Greets and thanks

Christian

 

 

---

 

Christian Ohrens

Freier Journalist, Videoblogger, DJ, Gästeführer

 

Am Stühm-Süd 23, 22175 Hamburg

+49 - (0) - 40 - 59 35 51 59 (Tel.)

+49 - (0) - 171 - 938 92 52 (Mob.)

E-Mail: mail@...

Web: https://christian-ohrens.de/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/CO1984--

 

 


Re: Navigating A Web Page

 

On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 07:38 PM, mike mcglashon wrote:

It’s hard to infer anything from nothing;

 

Please advise as you like.

 

-
Is that what's happening here?  No.

If you can't get any information from the screen reader at all, that's inaccessible, plain and simple.

But I'm not going to attempt to discuss a situation not germane to this one, and in this case, where inaccessible is what something would be by definition if you can't get any information from the screen reader.
 
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042  

The depths of denial one can be pushed to by outside forces of disapproval can make you not even recognize yourself to yourself.

       ~ Brian Vogel

 


Re: Navigating A Web Page

mike mcglashon
 

I have often said that there are sometimes no substitutes for sight, and this is one of them.  You can't see what's happened, but you can infer it based on what the screen reader is allowing you to do in that context.  And you (the generic you) had better get adept at making those inferences.

-

Yeah but how can we infer anything if the screen reader doesn’t say anything at all?

You said in your previous post that nvda said something to you,

But often times either jaws or nvda says nothing;

It’s hard to infer anything from nothing;

 

Please advise as you like.

 

Mike M.

 

Mike mcglashon

Email: Michael.mcglashon@...

Ph: 618 783 9331

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2021 7:35 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Navigating A Web Page

 

On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 07:13 PM, Gene wrote:

You are arguing by analogy between a sighted user and a blind user. It is an incorrect analogy, as I explain in my second message

-
Again, Gene, we're just going to have to agree to disagree.

When focus shifts, and you have no access to what you "should," the first thing to suspect is a modal dialog (to use the correct term) has popped open and overlaid your page.

I have often said that there are sometimes no substitutes for sight, and this is one of them.  You can't see what's happened, but you can infer it based on what the screen reader is allowing you to do in that context.  And you (the generic you) had better get adept at making those inferences.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042  

The depths of denial one can be pushed to by outside forces of disapproval can make you not even recognize yourself to yourself.

       ~ Brian Vogel

 


Re: Navigating A Web Page

 

On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 07:13 PM, Gene wrote:
You are arguing by analogy between a sighted user and a blind user. It is an incorrect analogy, as I explain in my second message
-
Again, Gene, we're just going to have to agree to disagree.

When focus shifts, and you have no access to what you "should," the first thing to suspect is a modal dialog (to use the correct term) has popped open and overlaid your page.

I have often said that there are sometimes no substitutes for sight, and this is one of them.  You can't see what's happened, but you can infer it based on what the screen reader is allowing you to do in that context.  And you (the generic you) had better get adept at making those inferences.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042  

The depths of denial one can be pushed to by outside forces of disapproval can make you not even recognize yourself to yourself.

       ~ Brian Vogel

 


Re: Navigating A Web Page

Gene
 

You are arguing by analogy between a sighted user and a blind user. It is an incorrect analogy, as I explain in my second message.

If I assumed I had to do something every time focus changes for some reason on various web pages, or that have to do something when focus is automatically placed somewhere, I'd make all sorts of errors in what I need to do on a page. Just because focus changes on a page doesn't mean generally, that something must be done.

When you use Google, the cursor is automatically taken to the edit field. That doesn't mean you must do something in that field before you can use the page. It means that that is the most likely place a person will want to be and it is done as a convenience feature.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Vogel
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2021 6:08 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Navigating A Web Page

On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 07:04 PM, Gene wrote:
Evidently, a sighted user can infer that the play button won't work until the dialog is closed.-
And based on what I just did, so should a blind user. If you suddenly don't have access to something, and it's been replaced by something else, the presumption that you must interact with that something else, first, should be automatic.

I do this by sight because I see it's overlayed the underlying page. When I'm using a screen reader, and it pops up, focus of the screen reader shifts right to it and forces you to interact with it, which is no different than what I'm experiencing visually.

When you suddenly face a situation where focus has shifted, which was characteristic of dialog boxes of virtually any type, it's been pretty standard practice to review it and do what's appropriate to dismiss it to go back to whence it sprung. How is this any different, other than it's occurring on a web page? [That's a serious question, as this is not, in my experience, novel behavior. It's been around for quite a while.]

--


Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042

The depths of denial one can be pushed to by outside forces of disapproval can make you not even recognize yourself to yourself.

~ Brian Vogel


Re: Navigating A Web Page

 

On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 07:04 PM, Gene wrote:
Evidently, a sighted user can infer that the play button won't work until the dialog is closed.
-
And based on what I just did, so should a blind user.  If you suddenly don't have access to something, and it's been replaced by something else, the presumption that you must interact with that something else, first, should be automatic.

I do this by sight because I see it's overlayed the underlying page.  When I'm using a screen reader, and it pops up, focus of the screen reader shifts right to it and forces you to interact with it, which is no different than what I'm experiencing visually.

When you suddenly face a situation where focus has shifted, which was characteristic of dialog boxes of virtually any type, it's been pretty standard practice to review it and do what's appropriate to dismiss it to go back to whence it sprung.  How is this any different, other than it's occurring on a web page?  [That's a serious question, as this is not, in my experience, novel behavior.  It's been around for quite a while.]
 
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042  

The depths of denial one can be pushed to by outside forces of disapproval can make you not even recognize yourself to yourself.

       ~ Brian Vogel

 


Re: Navigating A Web Page

Gene
 

Blind people don't know that they must interact with the dialog. Blind people are used to focus changing for one reason or another and have no way of knowing why it changed. I observed the change of focus but I attributed it to nothing more than just another part of the page loading. I've seen sites where part of a page loads, then a bit later, the rest loads and focus is changed.

Unless the page tells blind people that they must do something in the dialog before they can play the stream, it is not communicating to the blind user what is needed.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Vogel
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2021 6:03 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Navigating A Web Page

On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 06:55 PM, Sascha Cowley wrote:
Technically that's just a modal dialog. Regardless, this is an accessibility problem with the page.-
I won't argue about what it's called technically, but I doubt you'll find many who use the term "modal dialog" unless they're web programmers.

I have no idea why you say it's an accessibility problem. I just loaded that page with NVDA, and when the dialog appears NVDA begins reading it, and it's controls. That's what I'd expect to occur when the overlay occurs, and it does. The screen reader is doing for its user exactly what my eyes do for me. Once the underlying page is obscured by that overlay/modal dialog focus shifts to it and you are forced to interact with it. This is exactly what it does if you're sighted and interacting with the site using sight and point and click. There are no surprises there.

Once I activate the Maybe Later button I'm right back on the page with the play smooth country button, which can be activated precisely as one would expect.

--


Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042

The depths of denial one can be pushed to by outside forces of disapproval can make you not even recognize yourself to yourself.

~ Brian Vogel


Re: Navigating A Web Page

Gene
 

Evidently, a sighted user can infer that the play button won't work until the dialog is closed. Perhaps something is needed, such as text that is read by screen-readers but not seen by sighted users that is read when you move to the button. it might say something like you must sign up or press the maybe later button before you can play the stream.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
From: Sascha Cowley via groups.io
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2021 5:53 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Navigating A Web Page



Technically that's just a modal dialog. Regardless, this is an accessibility problem with the page.


On 2021-01-23 10:46, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 06:29 PM, Gene wrote:
I don't know how different browsers and screen-readers describe the structure that you need to close.-
Since this is an overlay screen, which essentially replaces and blocks the underlying screen, it's probably not described as a separate thing by most screen readers.

There is descriptive text followed by 3 buttons, the last of which, as you noted, is "Maybe Later," which closes that overlay screen. These are essentially dialog boxes but with an appearance such that the underlying content is completely obscured, hence the term overlay.

--


Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042

The depths of denial one can be pushed to by outside forces of disapproval can make you not even recognize yourself to yourself.

~ Brian Vogel


Re: Navigating A Web Page

 

On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 06:55 PM, Sascha Cowley wrote:
Technically that's just a modal dialog. Regardless, this is an accessibility problem with the page.
-
I won't argue about what it's called technically, but I doubt you'll find many who use the term "modal dialog" unless they're web programmers.

I have no idea why you say it's an accessibility problem.  I just loaded that page with NVDA, and when the dialog appears NVDA begins reading it, and it's controls.  That's what I'd expect to occur when the overlay occurs, and it does.  The screen reader is doing for its user exactly what my eyes do for me.  Once the underlying page is obscured by that overlay/modal dialog focus shifts to it and you are forced to interact with it.  This is exactly what it does if you're sighted and interacting with the site using sight and point and click.  There are no surprises there.

Once I activate the Maybe Later button I'm right back on the page with the play smooth country button, which can be activated precisely as one would expect.
 
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042  

The depths of denial one can be pushed to by outside forces of disapproval can make you not even recognize yourself to yourself.

       ~ Brian Vogel

 


Re: Navigating A Web Page

Sascha Cowley
 

Technically that's just a modal dialog. Regardless, this is an accessibility problem with the page.

On 2021-01-23 10:46, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 06:29 PM, Gene wrote:
I don't know how different browsers and screen-readers describe the structure that you need to close.
-
Since this is an overlay screen, which essentially replaces and blocks the underlying screen, it's probably not described as a separate thing by most screen readers.

There is descriptive text followed by 3 buttons, the last of which, as you noted, is "Maybe Later," which closes that overlay screen.  These are essentially dialog boxes but with an appearance such that the underlying content is completely obscured, hence the term overlay.
 
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042  

The depths of denial one can be pushed to by outside forces of disapproval can make you not even recognize yourself to yourself.

       ~ Brian Vogel

 


Re: Navigating A Web Page

 

On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 06:29 PM, Gene wrote:
I don't know how different browsers and screen-readers describe the structure that you need to close.
-
Since this is an overlay screen, which essentially replaces and blocks the underlying screen, it's probably not described as a separate thing by most screen readers.

There is descriptive text followed by 3 buttons, the last of which, as you noted, is "Maybe Later," which closes that overlay screen.  These are essentially dialog boxes but with an appearance such that the underlying content is completely obscured, hence the term overlay.
 
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042  

The depths of denial one can be pushed to by outside forces of disapproval can make you not even recognize yourself to yourself.

       ~ Brian Vogel

 


Re: Navigating A Web Page

Gene
 

The message another member sent about closing the dialog works. I tried the work arounds I discussed and none of them do. I don't know how different browsers and screen-readers describe the structure that you need to close. When I use the Brave browser and NVDA, I see no structure indicated, just a part of the screen for signing in. I activated the maybe later button and I was then able to play the stream.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
From: Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES) via groups.io
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2021 3:28 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Navigating A Web Page

Sure:

https://www.globalplayer.com/live/smoothcountry/uk/

Hopefully you will be able to access this outside the u.k.

If you load the page and when loaded, just keep pressing the tab key, you will find a play button there.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Luke Davis
Sent: 22 January 2021 21:01
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Navigating A Web Page

Would you care to provide an example page where this happens, and steps to find the exact play button you're using?



On Fri, 22 Jan 2021, Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES) via groups.io wrote:

I am going to a radio station web page where there is a play button.
I Can tak to the button but if I press the space bar or return, it doesn’t seem to activate the play button.
If I load Narator or JAWS in demo mode and tab to the same play button and press the space bar or return, it activates the button fine.
Does anyone know what could be happening here please?







This message originated from outside of NHSmail. Please do not click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.



********************************************************************************************************************

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please inform the
sender that you have received the message in error before deleting it.
Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in relation to its contents. To do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff in England and Scotland. NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information with NHSmail and other accredited email services.

For more information and to find out how you can switch, https://portal.nhs.net/help/joiningnhsmail


Re: Navigating A Web Page

Gene
 

I haven't tried the site yet but here are ways to work around the problem. Try the default action function in NVDA, NVDA key numpad enter enter on the numpad if you are using the desktop layout. I don't know the laptop layout command. If that doesn't work, or before trying this, I usually do the following first, be on the button, be in browse mode, route the mouse to the button and left click.

If neither of these options work, be on the button, turn off browse mode, and press the space bar.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
From: Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES) via groups.io
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2021 3:28 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Navigating A Web Page

Sure:

https://www.globalplayer.com/live/smoothcountry/uk/

Hopefully you will be able to access this outside the u.k.

If you load the page and when loaded, just keep pressing the tab key, you will find a play button there.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Luke Davis
Sent: 22 January 2021 21:01
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Navigating A Web Page

Would you care to provide an example page where this happens, and steps to find the exact play button you're using?



On Fri, 22 Jan 2021, Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES) via groups.io wrote:

I am going to a radio station web page where there is a play button.
I Can tak to the button but if I press the space bar or return, it doesn’t seem to activate the play button.
If I load Narator or JAWS in demo mode and tab to the same play button and press the space bar or return, it activates the button fine.
Does anyone know what could be happening here please?







This message originated from outside of NHSmail. Please do not click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.



********************************************************************************************************************

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please inform the
sender that you have received the message in error before deleting it.
Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in relation to its contents. To do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff in England and Scotland. NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information with NHSmail and other accredited email services.

For more information and to find out how you can switch, https://portal.nhs.net/help/joiningnhsmail


Re: Simplifying Web Pages for Screen Reading

Gene
 

The browser uses an algorithm where it allows immersive reader if the page contains something like an article. the point of immersive \reader is to allow articles and other such material to be read without clutter and interruption such as blocks of links interspersed in the text.

As far as outline.com is concerned, what do you give up when a page is simplified? It may get rid of advertising but does it get rid of other things such as navigation links or other useful information? Does it keep JAVA scripts from running? That is desirable at times but it will keep sites that play audio from working most of the time.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
From: Milton Charlton
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2021 3:18 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Simplifying Web Pages for Screen Reading



Simplifying Web Pages for Screen Reading

I have just begun to try NVDA so all this might be off base or it might be useful.

Many web pages include advertisements and lots of information besides that we want to hear. Here are some ways to simplify web pages:

1. 1. <!--[endif]-->Go to Outline.com to simplify the page. Copy, type or dictate the URL of the page you wish to read into the box in the Outline.com page. You may also install Outliner as an extension in Microsoft EDGE. The extension makes a white square icon to the right of the URL space of a page. When the cursor is over this icon, NVDA announces “Outliner want access to this site”. If you click on the icon, the page becomes simplified. Pages simplified either way may be much easier to read with NVDA. The Chrome browser Web Store has an extension called Reader View Plus that seems to do the same thing. If you “pin” Reader View Plus it puts an icon to the right of the URL space.

2. 2. <!--[endif]-->In Microsoft EDGE(Chromium), many web pages show an icon immediately after the URL which is called “Immersive Reader”. When the cursor is placed on that icon NVDA announces “Enter immersive Reader F9”. When you hit F9 or click on the Immersive Reader icon, then select the Edge command “Read Aloud” (CTRL + SHIFT + U), the web page gets simplified and read out. It is very fast. I don’t know why some pages get Immersive Reader and others don’t. When Read Aloud is active, a new bar appears under the URL and at the right end is a menu that allows choice of speed and voice.

3. 3. <!--[endif]-->In Microsoft EDGE(Chromium), the Read Aloud function (Ctrl + Shift + U ) reads out web pages with or without being simplified.

4. 4. <!--[endif]-->These simplification tricks do not seem useful for pages that are compilations of other pages such as CNN.COM/NEWS, CBC.CA/NEWS, BBC.COM/NEWS.


Re: Navigating A Web Page

Sascha Cowley
 

I was able to get the button to activate just fine by pressing space or enter on it in browse mode.

It did not work at first because there was a modal covering it. If you jump to the top of the page, there is a dialog prompting you to create an account or login. Either do that, or close the dialog and the play button should work.


Re: Accessible Video Editor

Christian Ohrens
 

Hi  Luke,

Sounds great, maybe we find the time next week that you could introduce me a little bit into video editing with Reaper?

Do I need something else to proceed? I’ve got Reaper and the Osara plugin a friend recommented to me.

 

Greets and thanks

Christian

 

 

Von: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> Im Auftrag von Luke Robinett
Gesendet: Freitag, 22. Januar 2021 22:42
An: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Betreff: Re: [nvda] Accessible Video Editor

 

Hi Christian,

You can try reaper for free and it costs $60 if you want to keep it. Considering most digital audio workstation programs cost several hundred dollars, it’s a great deal. As another person here said, there’s nothing slow about the video editing, unless I’m misunderstanding what you mean by that. You can work with video in much the same way you work with audio, with a few caveats, as has been noted. If you end up trying Reaper and need some help, I would be happy to work with you because I have a couple years of experience with it.



On Jan 22, 2021, at 11:37 AM, Christian Ohrens <mail@...> wrote:



Hi,
I haven't used Reaper before so don't know much about this program, even it's for free or payed.
But what I read about was that Reaper's video editing function is rather slow, isn't it?

Greetings
Christian

 

Am 22.01.2021 20:22 schrieb Luke Robinett <blindgroupsluke@...>:

*bump*

I asked a similar question here a couple months ago and think it warrants further conversation. It seems an increasing number of us blind folks are interested in starting YouTube channels and doing other things with video video, so hopefully we learn about some good options.

I am also a home recording enthusiast and use a program called reaper to record and mix audio tracks. Reaper is fully accessible once you install a couple of free community created plug-ins. Reaper does provide the most basic of basic video editing. Pretty much just trimming, splitting, sliding things around on the timeline. No effects or transitions or anything else like that. If that’s all you need though, it’s 100% accessible and might be a good option.

 

On Jan 22, 2021, at 7:24 AM, Christian Ohrens <mail@...> wrote:



Hello,

 

Just want to refresh a thread of 2019 which I found in the group’s archive.

 

Are there any suggestions for accessible video editors?

Has anybody tried for example „vegas“ which is now developed by Magix Software? „Sound Forge“ is very accessible, maybe „Vegas“ would it be too?

Or the more professional programs like „Davinci“ or „Premiere“?

 

„Sound Forge“ is also able to edit video but I’m not quite sure if I would ‚destroy‘ the video itself when I’m gonna cut things off. If you want to edit the sound of the video it’s great.

 

Greets and thanks

Christian

 

 

---

 

Christian Ohrens

Freier Journalist, Videoblogger, DJ, Gästeführer

 

Am Stühm-Süd 23, 22175 Hamburg

+49 - (0) - 40 - 59 35 51 59 (Tel.)

+49 - (0) - 171 - 938 92 52 (Mob.)

E-Mail: mail@...

Web: https://christian-ohrens.de/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/CO1984--

 

 


Re: Accessible Video Editor

Christian Ohrens
 

Hey Sarah,

 

you wrote:

Ø  Just don't glue the items together, or the video will be black

 

OK thx, but how do I combine for example two videos as one without having a black screen at the end?

 

Greetings

Christian

 

 

Von: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> Im Auftrag von Sarah k Alawami
Gesendet: Freitag, 22. Januar 2021 21:04
An: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Betreff: Re: [nvda] Accessible Video Editor

 

No, I edit videos in reaper all the time. I can do it as quickly as I can a sound file. Just don't glue the items together, or the video will be black.

--

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

Check out my adventures with a shadow machine.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on twitch. Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page You will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 22 Jan 2021, at 11:37, Christian Ohrens wrote:

Hi,
I haven't used Reaper before so don't know much about this program, even it's for free or payed.
But what I read about was that Reaper's video editing function is rather slow, isn't it?

Greetings
Christian

 

Am 22.01.2021 20:22 schrieb Luke Robinett <blindgroupsluke@...>:

*bump*

I asked a similar question here a couple months ago and think it warrants further conversation. It seems an increasing number of us blind folks are interested in starting YouTube channels and doing other things with video video, so hopefully we learn about some good options.

I am also a home recording enthusiast and use a program called reaper to record and mix audio tracks. Reaper is fully accessible once you install a couple of free community created plug-ins. Reaper does provide the most basic of basic video editing. Pretty much just trimming, splitting, sliding things around on the timeline. No effects or transitions or anything else like that. If that’s all you need though, it’s 100% accessible and might be a good option.

 

On Jan 22, 2021, at 7:24 AM, Christian Ohrens <mail@...> wrote:



Hello,

 

Just want to refresh a thread of 2019 which I found in the group’s archive.

 

Are there any suggestions for accessible video editors?

Has anybody tried for example „vegas“ which is now developed by Magix Software? „Sound Forge“ is very accessible, maybe „Vegas“ would it be too?

Or the more professional programs like „Davinci“ or „Premiere“?

 

„Sound Forge“ is also able to edit video but I’m not quite sure if I would ‚destroy‘ the video itself when I’m gonna cut things off. If you want to edit the sound of the video it’s great.

 

Greets and thanks

Christian

 

 

---

 

Christian Ohrens

Freier Journalist, Videoblogger, DJ, Gästeführer

 

Am Stühm-Süd 23, 22175 Hamburg

+49 - (0) - 40 - 59 35 51 59 (Tel.)

+49 - (0) - 171 - 938 92 52 (Mob.)

E-Mail: mail@...

Web: https://christian-ohrens.de/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/CO1984--

 

 

5661 - 5680 of 86654