Date   

Re: Excel: Stop Saying "Formula Bar"

 

On Tue, Mar 30, 2021 at 05:59 AM, Cearbhall O'Meadhra wrote:
So, to disable the annoying "Formula Bar editing Equals”, the setting for Allowing editing in cells" needs to be enabled and it does not matter whether "Show formula bar" is enabled or disabled.
-
Thanks very, very much for the full explanation of how you got to the "there" quoted above and for the succinct summation.
 
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042  

Always remember others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them.  And then you destroy yourself.

       ~ Richard M. Nixon

 


Re: Excel: Stop Saying "Formula Bar"

Pranav Lal
 

Hi Pele,

I am happy to have helped. Are you still able to edit formulas and values character by character with the revised setting
?

Pranav


Re: Word problem

 

On Wed, Mar 31, 2021 at 03:05 PM, Vinod Benjamin wrote:
Wow! i am Able to find the addon doing the issue. Need to write to the developer .
-
Wonderful.   Thank you very much for taking the time to read the tutorial and then following through with all the steps.

I'm not trying to insult add-on developers in any way, but it's generally been the case that add-ons break something rather than the NVDA core.  Part of that is the way the development cycles of the NVDA core and NVDA add-ons diverge.  Many NVDA Add-On developers do this entirely on their own time and as time is available and sometimes changes in NVDA core requires add-on changes, and sometimes not.

Debugging software and determining root causes is a slow process that requires attention to detail.

Again, thanks very much for actually carrying out the necessary process to isolate your issue to its source.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042  

Always remember others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them.  And then you destroy yourself.

       ~ Richard M. Nixon

 


Re: Braille Formatting

Quentin Christensen
 

Firstly, 

Here is the NVDA User Guide section on Baum, Humanware, APH and Orbit Braille Displays:


Re the idea of being able to compress onto one line in NVDA itself, I must admit, I haven't looked into it.  My best suggestion is to raise an issue on GitHub requesting it: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/new/choose

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Apr 1, 2021 at 1:41 AM Jonathan Milam <milamj@...> wrote:

Thanks all.  You’re correct, Quentin.  Cearbhall, unfortunately the Brailliant doesn’t actually have this setting.  Perhaps the Orbit has it because it has a built-in editor, but the Brailliant is just a display and has no editing functionality.  Is this setting for compressing space a feature that could be added to NVDA in the future?

 

Jonathan

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Cearbhall O'Meadhra
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2021 6:25 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Braille Formatting

 

Gentlemen,

The setting for this is sometimes called “Compress blank spaces” as it is called in the Orbit Reader. I would expect the Braille display to manage this rather than NVDA. Does the Brailliant offer such a choice?

 

 

All the best,

 

Cearbhall

 

m +353 (0)833323487 Ph: _353 (0)1-2864623 e: cearbhall.omeadhra@...

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2021 10:17 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Braille Formatting

 

Not that I can think of.  There is a Braille setting to "Read by paragraph" but I think it uses the Word model of hard line break (eg when you've pressed enter while typing) = new paragraph.

 

On Tue, Mar 30, 2021 at 11:41 PM Jonathan Milam <milamj@...> wrote:

Thanks, Quentin.  I didn’t, but you are correct in that the panning works well for long sentences.  However, I’m assuming there isn’t a way to set the display to bring the next sentence up to fill the rest of the display where the previous sentence ended?

 

Jonathan

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: Sunday, March 28, 2021 9:41 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Braille Formatting

 

Did you get an answer to this?  The only thing I can think of is could it simply be the document?  EG this first line of my reply is quite long and although visually it likely wraps to a second line, it is one "line" and should pan correctly on a Braille display.

This line is short.

This too.

 

Quentin.

 

On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 12:17 AM Jonathan Milam <milamj@...> wrote:

Hi All,

 

While reading a document with my Brailliant BI 40, the text fills the entire display for the first several pans, but then I may see one or two words and a mostly blank line until I advance the display again.  I am seeing this in Google Docs, Word and even Notepad.  Which setting do I need to change within NVDA to ensure that each advance of the display fills the entire display with text?


Thanks,
Jonathan

 


 

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

 


 

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

 



--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager


One Core

Andrea Sherry
 

Thanks for the assistance.

Andrea


Re: finding things with NVDA and Firefox

Louise Pfau
 

SHIFT+NVDA+F3 is the command for “Find Previous” to locate the prior occurrence of a word, in case you skipped past the information you wanted.
 
Louise


strange behaviour in booking.com's navigation

Alexandre Alves Toco
 

To explain the problem, I will give an example.

I did a reservation and now I am going to ask help about it.

I did the login and press the button that identifies the reservation.

In the new page opened, if I change to focus mode and press some tabs, I can find a checkbox, an editbox and some links.

But if I turn focus mode off and try to use the virtual cursor, I can't find the same objects that were identified with focus mode on.


Re: Word problem

Vinod Benjamin
 

Dear Brayan,

Wow! i am Able to find the addon doing the issue.
need to write to the developer .

its been a while, i have been facing this issue.
it was your elaborate explanation helped me in finding a resolution.

Regards,

Vinod Benjamin

On 4/1/21, Vinod Benjamin <vinbenji.group@gmail.com> wrote:
dear Brian,

Thanks so very much ,
I will do the same and.
get back to you.

Regards.
Vinod Benjamin

On 3/31/21, Brian Vogel <britechguy@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Mar 31, 2021 at 02:18 PM, Vinod Benjamin wrote:


how to create a debug log.
-
Here's a pasted copy of the file I gave the link to.  I understand, since
it's a Word document, and that's where your reading problem currently
lies,
that you wouldn't be able to read it.

--------

*Collecting NVDA Debugging Information to Report to NVAccess.*

Whether you are someone who has a GitHub account for NVDA or not, when it
comes to reporting detailed information to the developers of NVDA when
it’s
needed you will be called upon to turn on debug level logging so that
they
can get a handle on exactly what’s happening.  You will often need to
include this (or at least a chunk of the log) along with a description of
what you have done (in exact steps, when possible) and what isn't working
as
it should.

Very often, issues are triggered by an Add-On rather than NVDA itself, so
the first thing you should try is restarting NVDA with add-ons disabled,
and
see if you can recreate your problem, or if it goes away.  If it goes
away,
then you know that an add-on is triggering it.  You then have to go
through
add-ons manager, first disabling all add-ons except one, and restarting
NVDA
as usual, until turning one of them on causes your problem to reappear.
Once you know which add-on is causing the issue, this needs to be
reported
to the developer of that add-on rather than the NVDA developers.

Your NVDA key is either INSERT (desktop keyboard layout) or CAPS LOCK
(laptop keyboard layout), depending on how you have NVDA set up.

To restart NVDA with add-ons disabled:
1) Press NVDA+Q
2) Down arrow to 'Restart with add-ons disabled'
3) Press ENTER

Next, try recreate the issue - do whatever causes problems.  If the
problem(s) still occur, even with all add-ons disabled, then you’ll want
to
proceed to changing the NVDA logging level so you have detailed
information
for reporting purposes.  If the problem(s) are gone, then go through the
steps to figure out what add-on is causing them, noted above.

To set your log level:
1) Press NVDA+Control+G to open the general settings
2) Press TAB until the focus is on 'Log level'
3) Press DOWN ARROW to get to 'Debug'
4) Press ENTER to close settings
5) Press NVDA+Control+C to save settings.

When you restart NVDA, *please do so with add-ons disabled* , which will
give the cleanest log, using the previously noted steps.

Once NVDA is running with add-ons disabled, recreate the issue - do
whatever
causes problems.  Once the problem(s) have occurred, there will be log
information that needs to be sent to the developers.

There are several ways to access the NVDA log  file afterwards:

If NVDA is still running and usable:
1) Press NVDA+F1 to open the log viewer
2) Press CONTROL+A to select all.
3) Press CONTROL+C to copy.
4) Press CONTROL+V to paste the copied log where you need to paste it.

Instead of using the log viewer, or if NVDA has stopped and you needed to
restart it or the computer:
1) Press WINDOWS+R to open Windows Run dialog
2) Type %temp% and press ENTER (that's the percent sign, the letters T E M
P
and another percent sign).  Windows Explorer should open to the temporary
folder.
3) Press TAB to move to the file list
4) Press N and move down to find up to three files:  nvda.log (the log
file
for the current or most recent NVDA session), nvda-old.log (the log from
the
previous session) and nvda-crash.dmp (a crash dump with more information
created if NVDA itself crashes).
5) Depending on whether you’re filing a GitHub issue or using an email
program to send information to info@nvaccess.org ( info@nvaccess.org ) ,
exactly what you do will be different in regard to attaching files.  That
being said, attach as many of those three files to an email to as would
contain useful information.  This is generally the nvda.log file where
debug
level logging was active and the nvda-crash.dmp file if NVDA crashed.  As
always, give a detailed description (including steps to reproduce) of has
happened as well as a description of what you expected to happen.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042

Always remember others may hate you but those who hate you don't win
unless
you hate them.  And then you destroy yourself.

~ Richard M. Nixon






Re: Word problem

Vinod Benjamin
 

dear Brian,

Thanks so very much ,
I will do the same and.
get back to you.

Regards.
Vinod Benjamin

On 3/31/21, Brian Vogel <britechguy@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Mar 31, 2021 at 02:18 PM, Vinod Benjamin wrote:


how to create a debug log.
-
Here's a pasted copy of the file I gave the link to.  I understand, since
it's a Word document, and that's where your reading problem currently lies,
that you wouldn't be able to read it.

--------

*Collecting NVDA Debugging Information to Report to NVAccess.*

Whether you are someone who has a GitHub account for NVDA or not, when it
comes to reporting detailed information to the developers of NVDA when it’s
needed you will be called upon to turn on debug level logging so that they
can get a handle on exactly what’s happening.  You will often need to
include this (or at least a chunk of the log) along with a description of
what you have done (in exact steps, when possible) and what isn't working as
it should.

Very often, issues are triggered by an Add-On rather than NVDA itself, so
the first thing you should try is restarting NVDA with add-ons disabled, and
see if you can recreate your problem, or if it goes away.  If it goes away,
then you know that an add-on is triggering it.  You then have to go through
add-ons manager, first disabling all add-ons except one, and restarting NVDA
as usual, until turning one of them on causes your problem to reappear.
Once you know which add-on is causing the issue, this needs to be reported
to the developer of that add-on rather than the NVDA developers.

Your NVDA key is either INSERT (desktop keyboard layout) or CAPS LOCK
(laptop keyboard layout), depending on how you have NVDA set up.

To restart NVDA with add-ons disabled:
1) Press NVDA+Q
2) Down arrow to 'Restart with add-ons disabled'
3) Press ENTER

Next, try recreate the issue - do whatever causes problems.  If the
problem(s) still occur, even with all add-ons disabled, then you’ll want to
proceed to changing the NVDA logging level so you have detailed information
for reporting purposes.  If the problem(s) are gone, then go through the
steps to figure out what add-on is causing them, noted above.

To set your log level:
1) Press NVDA+Control+G to open the general settings
2) Press TAB until the focus is on 'Log level'
3) Press DOWN ARROW to get to 'Debug'
4) Press ENTER to close settings
5) Press NVDA+Control+C to save settings.

When you restart NVDA, *please do so with add-ons disabled* , which will
give the cleanest log, using the previously noted steps.

Once NVDA is running with add-ons disabled, recreate the issue - do whatever
causes problems.  Once the problem(s) have occurred, there will be log
information that needs to be sent to the developers.

There are several ways to access the NVDA log  file afterwards:

If NVDA is still running and usable:
1) Press NVDA+F1 to open the log viewer
2) Press CONTROL+A to select all.
3) Press CONTROL+C to copy.
4) Press CONTROL+V to paste the copied log where you need to paste it.

Instead of using the log viewer, or if NVDA has stopped and you needed to
restart it or the computer:
1) Press WINDOWS+R to open Windows Run dialog
2) Type %temp% and press ENTER (that's the percent sign, the letters T E M P
and another percent sign).  Windows Explorer should open to the temporary
folder.
3) Press TAB to move to the file list
4) Press N and move down to find up to three files:  nvda.log (the log file
for the current or most recent NVDA session), nvda-old.log (the log from the
previous session) and nvda-crash.dmp (a crash dump with more information
created if NVDA itself crashes).
5) Depending on whether you’re filing a GitHub issue or using an email
program to send information to info@nvaccess.org ( info@nvaccess.org ) ,
exactly what you do will be different in regard to attaching files.  That
being said, attach as many of those three files to an email to as would
contain useful information.  This is generally the nvda.log file where debug
level logging was active and the nvda-crash.dmp file if NVDA crashed.  As
always, give a detailed description (including steps to reproduce) of has
happened as well as a description of what you expected to happen.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042

Always remember others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless
you hate them.  And then you destroy yourself.

~ Richard M. Nixon






Re: finding things with NVDA and Firefox

 

In the vast majority of cases, straight CTRL+F is the application find, regardless of application, under Windows.  It is disconnected from the screen reader entirely.  And F3 is find next (where supported).

As Jackie has noted, NVDA+CTRL+F triggers NVDA Find, and as Gene has noted NVDA+F3 does an NVDA find next.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042  

Always remember others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them.  And then you destroy yourself.

       ~ Richard M. Nixon

 


Re: finding things with NVDA and Firefox

Gene
 

The command is control NVDA f.
Find next is NVDA key f3.

Gene

----- Original Message -----
From: Bob Cavanaugh
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2021 1:28 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] finding things with NVDA and Firefox

Hi,
Maybe this has come up before, but I haven't seen anything on it
recently. I'm using the latest Firefox and NVDA, and I can't seem to
use the find feature. I hit control+F to find something, type what I
want to find, and press enter. Usually with every other screen reader
I've used, when I press enter I exit the dialog and am put at the next
occurrence of the word. With NVDA however, I remain in the dialog, and
when I press escape to exit it, I am right where I was when I entered
it, not at the word or phrase I typed. Also when I type, I get the
Windows error sound.
Bob


Re: finding things with NVDA and Firefox

Jackie
 

Please try NVDA+ctrl+f instead.

On 3/31/21, Bob Cavanaugh <cavbob1993@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
Maybe this has come up before, but I haven't seen anything on it
recently. I'm using the latest Firefox and NVDA, and I can't seem to
use the find feature. I hit control+F to find something, type what I
want to find, and press enter. Usually with every other screen reader
I've used, when I press enter I exit the dialog and am put at the next
occurrence of the word. With NVDA however, I remain in the dialog, and
when I press escape to exit it, I am right where I was when I entered
it, not at the word or phrase I typed. Also when I type, I get the
Windows error sound.
Bob





--
Subscribe to a WordPress for Newbies Mailing List by sending a message to:
wp4newbs-request@freelists.org with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by
visiting the list page at http://www.freelists.org/list/wp4newbs
& check out my sites at www.brightstarsweb.com & www.mysitesbeenhacked.com


Re: Word problem

 

On Wed, Mar 31, 2021 at 02:18 PM, Vinod Benjamin wrote:
how to create a debug log.
-
Here's a pasted copy of the file I gave the link to.  I understand, since it's a Word document, and that's where your reading problem currently lies, that you wouldn't be able to read it.

--------

Collecting NVDA Debugging Information to Report to NVAccess.

Whether you are someone who has a GitHub account for NVDA or not, when it comes to reporting detailed information to the developers of NVDA when it’s needed you will be called upon to turn on debug level logging so that they can get a handle on exactly what’s happening.  You will often need to include this (or at least a chunk of the log) along with a description of what you have done (in exact steps, when possible) and what isn't working as it should.

Very often, issues are triggered by an Add-On rather than NVDA itself, so the first thing you should try is restarting NVDA with add-ons disabled, and see if you can recreate your problem, or if it goes away.  If it goes away, then you know that an add-on is triggering it.  You then have to go through add-ons manager, first disabling all add-ons except one, and restarting NVDA as usual, until turning one of them on causes your problem to reappear.  Once you know which add-on is causing the issue, this needs to be reported to the developer of that add-on rather than the NVDA developers.

Your NVDA key is either INSERT (desktop keyboard layout) or CAPS LOCK (laptop keyboard layout), depending on how you have NVDA set up. 

To restart NVDA with add-ons disabled:
1) Press NVDA+Q
2) Down arrow to 'Restart with add-ons disabled'
3) Press ENTER

Next, try recreate the issue - do whatever causes problems.  If the problem(s) still occur, even with all add-ons disabled, then you’ll want to proceed to changing the NVDA logging level so you have detailed information for reporting purposes.  If the problem(s) are gone, then go through the steps to figure out what add-on is causing them, noted above.


To set your log level:
1) Press NVDA+Control+G to open the general settings
2) Press TAB until the focus is on 'Log level'
3) Press DOWN ARROW to get to 'Debug'
4) Press ENTER to close settings
5) Press NVDA+Control+C to save settings.

When you restart NVDA, please do so with add-ons disabled, which will give the cleanest log, using the previously noted steps.

Once NVDA is running with add-ons disabled, recreate the issue - do whatever causes problems.  Once the problem(s) have occurred, there will be log information that needs to be sent to the developers.

There are several ways to access the NVDA log  file afterwards:

If NVDA is still running and usable:
1) Press NVDA+F1 to open the log viewer
2) Press CONTROL+A to select all.
3) Press CONTROL+C to copy.
4) Press CONTROL+V to paste the copied log where you need to paste it.

Instead of using the log viewer, or if NVDA has stopped and you needed to restart it or the computer:
1) Press WINDOWS+R to open Windows Run dialog
2) Type %temp% and press ENTER (that's the percent sign, the letters T E M P and another percent sign).  Windows Explorer should open to the temporary folder.
3) Press TAB to move to the file list
4) Press N and move down to find up to three files:  nvda.log (the log file for the current or most recent NVDA session), nvda-old.log (the log from the previous session) and nvda-crash.dmp (a crash dump with more information created if NVDA itself crashes).
5) Depending on whether you’re filing a GitHub issue or using an email program to send information to
info@..., exactly what you do will be different in regard to attaching files.  That being said, attach as many of those three files to an email to as would contain useful information.  This is generally the nvda.log file where debug level logging was active and the nvda-crash.dmp file if NVDA crashed.  As always, give a detailed description (including steps to reproduce) of has happened as well as a description of what you expected to happen.

 
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042  

Always remember others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them.  And then you destroy yourself.

       ~ Richard M. Nixon

 


finding things with NVDA and Firefox

Bob Cavanaugh <cavbob1993@...>
 

Hi,
Maybe this has come up before, but I haven't seen anything on it
recently. I'm using the latest Firefox and NVDA, and I can't seem to
use the find feature. I hit control+F to find something, type what I
want to find, and press enter. Usually with every other screen reader
I've used, when I press enter I exit the dialog and am put at the next
occurrence of the word. With NVDA however, I remain in the dialog, and
when I press escape to exit it, I am right where I was when I entered
it, not at the word or phrase I typed. Also when I type, I get the
Windows error sound.
Bob


Re: Word problem

Vinod Benjamin
 

dear team,
I also have problem ,
in my MS office 2019 also NVDA is not reading the text at all.
how to create a debug log.
please help me.
Regards.
Vinod Benjamin

On 3/31/21, Quentin Christensen <quentin@nvaccess.org> wrote:
Got it, thanks Bob, Having a look now.

Quentin.

On Wed, Mar 31, 2021 at 3:28 PM Bob Cavanaugh <cavbob1993@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm using E-Speak. Log will be coming to you privately soon.

On 3/30/21, Quentin Christensen <quentin@nvaccess.org> wrote:
Bob,

Could you please send us a debug log? I just tried and can't reproduce
here with a quick test using OneCore at least. Which synthesizer are
you
using?

Also, as a workaround and possibly better solution anyway, if you use
SHIFT
to pause speech rather than control, you can press SHIFT again to keep
reading where it left off.

The other thing I thought was because NVDA grabs blocks of text (eg
sentences) if you have a particularly long sentence stretching over a
page,
could it be that it is at the start of that block and it's just that
it's
long that you noticed it?

Quentin.

On Wed, Mar 31, 2021 at 2:20 PM Bob Cavanaugh <cavbob1993@gmail.com>
wrote:

Hi all,
I'm running Word 2016 and NVDA 2020.4, though this happened with
2020.3 as well. I'm having a weird issue with Word that I was just
able to test thoroughly. When reading a relatively short document,
this isn't an issue, but the longer the document is the bigger of an
issue it becomes. I start NVDA reading the document, and it reads
normally. If I use the control key to stop NVDA before it announces a
new page, I am where I expect to be in the document. However, if NVDA
has announced a page change before I stop reading and then I use
control to stop, I am back where I last stopped instead of where I
stopped reading.
Bob





--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Web: www.nvaccess.org
Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/
User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>









--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Web: www.nvaccess.org
Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/
User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>






Re: Musescore and NVDA

umut korkmaz
 

Hello Marco,

MuseScore is more accessible since version 3.3.

Currently 3.6.2 version is used.

We can write notes.

We can listen to the notes we write.

We can edit the notes.

We can put ornaments and many necessary signs on the notes.

www.musescore.org

You can access the program and all necessary information from.

Regards,

Umut KORKMAZ

 

Windows 10 için Posta ile gönderildi

 

Kimden: Marco Oros
Gönderilme: 31 Mart 2021 Çarşamba 09:25
Kime: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Konu: [nvda] Musescore and NVDA

 

Hello.

 

Maybe It is strange question, maybe no. I have a question. Is Musescore

accessible with NVDA, or no?

 

Also, can I enter and play notes with Musescore using NVDA?

 

Thank You.

 

best regards

 

Marco Oros

 

 

 

 

 

 


Re: Braille Formatting

Jonathan Milam
 

Thanks all.  You’re correct, Quentin.  Cearbhall, unfortunately the Brailliant doesn’t actually have this setting.  Perhaps the Orbit has it because it has a built-in editor, but the Brailliant is just a display and has no editing functionality.  Is this setting for compressing space a feature that could be added to NVDA in the future?

 

Jonathan

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Cearbhall O'Meadhra
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2021 6:25 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Braille Formatting

 

Gentlemen,

The setting for this is sometimes called “Compress blank spaces” as it is called in the Orbit Reader. I would expect the Braille display to manage this rather than NVDA. Does the Brailliant offer such a choice?

 

 

All the best,

 

Cearbhall

 

m +353 (0)833323487 Ph: _353 (0)1-2864623 e: cearbhall.omeadhra@...

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2021 10:17 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Braille Formatting

 

Not that I can think of.  There is a Braille setting to "Read by paragraph" but I think it uses the Word model of hard line break (eg when you've pressed enter while typing) = new paragraph.

 

On Tue, Mar 30, 2021 at 11:41 PM Jonathan Milam <milamj@...> wrote:

Thanks, Quentin.  I didn’t, but you are correct in that the panning works well for long sentences.  However, I’m assuming there isn’t a way to set the display to bring the next sentence up to fill the rest of the display where the previous sentence ended?

 

Jonathan

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: Sunday, March 28, 2021 9:41 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Braille Formatting

 

Did you get an answer to this?  The only thing I can think of is could it simply be the document?  EG this first line of my reply is quite long and although visually it likely wraps to a second line, it is one "line" and should pan correctly on a Braille display.

This line is short.

This too.

 

Quentin.

 

On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 12:17 AM Jonathan Milam <milamj@...> wrote:

Hi All,

 

While reading a document with my Brailliant BI 40, the text fills the entire display for the first several pans, but then I may see one or two words and a mostly blank line until I advance the display again.  I am seeing this in Google Docs, Word and even Notepad.  Which setting do I need to change within NVDA to ensure that each advance of the display fills the entire display with text?


Thanks,
Jonathan

 


 

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

 


 

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

 


Re: Braille Formatting

Robert Doc Wright godfearer
 


quentin, I have an Orbit reader 20 braille display. does NVDA have settings for this device?

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2021 3:17 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Braille Formatting

Not that I can think of.  There is a Braille setting to "Read by paragraph" but I think it uses the Word model of hard line break (eg when you've pressed enter while typing) = new paragraph.

On Tue, Mar 30, 2021 at 11:41 PM Jonathan Milam <milamj@...> wrote:

Thanks, Quentin.  I didn’t, but you are correct in that the panning works well for long sentences.  However, I’m assuming there isn’t a way to set the display to bring the next sentence up to fill the rest of the display where the previous sentence ended?

 

Jonathan

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: Sunday, March 28, 2021 9:41 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Braille Formatting

 

Did you get an answer to this?  The only thing I can think of is could it simply be the document?  EG this first line of my reply is quite long and although visually it likely wraps to a second line, it is one "line" and should pan correctly on a Braille display.

This line is short.

This too.

 

Quentin.

 

On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 12:17 AM Jonathan Milam <milamj@...> wrote:

Hi All,

 

While reading a document with my Brailliant BI 40, the text fills the entire display for the first several pans, but then I may see one or two words and a mostly blank line until I advance the display again.  I am seeing this in Google Docs, Word and even Notepad.  Which setting do I need to change within NVDA to ensure that each advance of the display fills the entire display with text?


Thanks,
Jonathan

 


 

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

 



--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager


Re: One Core Voices

Luke Davis
 

Andrea

Press your windows key and type "speech".
Move down to "speech settings", and press enter.
Then tab over to the "Manage voices" group, and you should be on the "add voices" button.
Press enter on that, and you will be able to enter and choose your language, and then install the voice pack(s) that you want.
At minimum, you'll want to install/keep the English (US) voice pack.
Once you select and install the voice pack(s) you want, close everything and restart NVDA.

Luke

On Wed, 31 Mar 2021, Andrea Sherry wrote:

I have only 2 US voices.
Where can I get more?


Re: One Core Voices

Chris
 

You will have to go into settings > time and language > speech > add voices

 

Then from the list select which voices you want and hit ok , they will then be downloaded and show up in the list of installed voices

 

You may need to restart screen reader for them to show up in nvda

 

 

 

From: Andrea Sherry
Sent: 31 March 2021 09:15
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] One Core Voices

 

I have only 2 US voices.

 

Where can I get more?

 

Andrea

 

 

 

 

 

 

7401 - 7420 of 90206