Date   

Re: NVDA doesn't read context menu

=?ISO-2022-JP?Q?=1B$B9b=4082=22=1B=28J?=
 

I've remove nvda and re-install the newest alpha-22295,49a85788.
I still cannot read context menu.

On Mon, 12 Apr 2021, Brian Vogel wrote:

Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2021 18:47:10 -0700
From: Brian Vogel <britechguy@gmail.com>
Reply-To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA doesn't read context menu
On Mon, Apr 12, 2021 at 09:35 PM, =?ISO-2022-JP?Q?=1B$B9b=4082=22=1B=28J?= wrote:
Do you know which one?
-
No.  But you show no indication of having uninstalled/reinstalled NVDA.  Have you?
You are not going to get additional help from me until and unless you start reporting on each and every step you've taken, and stopping after each to report the result. 
This grasping at straws, which is what you're doing, and zig-zagging is not helpful, to anyone, least of all you.
 
--
Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042  
Always remember others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them.  And then you destroy yourself.
       ~ Richard M. Nixon
 


Re: Layers and NVDA

Desert Moon
 

Hello All,

I use ZoomText 2020 at work. ZT offers a bunch of layered hotkeys. Here is the definition:

Tip: A layered keystroke reduces the number of keys that you need to hold down at once to perform an action. To type a layered keystroke, press and release CAPS LOCK+SPACEBAR, followed by the appropriate keystroke to perform the action.
https://www.freedomscientific.com/training/zoomtext/zoomtext-hotkeys/





--
Desert


Re: NVDA doesn't read context menu

 

On Mon, Apr 12, 2021 at 09:35 PM, =?ISO-2022-JP?Q?=1B$B9b=4082=22=1B=28J?= wrote:
Do you know which one?
-
No.  But you show no indication of having uninstalled/reinstalled NVDA.  Have you?

You are not going to get additional help from me until and unless you start reporting on each and every step you've taken, and stopping after each to report the result. 

This grasping at straws, which is what you're doing, and zig-zagging is not helpful, to anyone, least of all you.
 
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042  

Always remember others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them.  And then you destroy yourself.

       ~ Richard M. Nixon

 


Re: NVDA doesn't read context menu

=?ISO-2022-JP?Q?=1B$B9b=4082=22=1B=28J?=
 

Again, no effect with all you said.
The log message had said it is missing some dll.
Do you know which one?

On Mon, 12 Apr 2021, Brian Vogel wrote:

Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2021 08:25:19 -0700
From: Brian Vogel <britechguy@gmail.com>
Reply-To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA doesn't read context menu
On Mon, Apr 12, 2021 at 06:59 AM, =?ISO-2022-JP?Q?=1B$B9b=4082=22=1B=28J?= wrote:
While checking log I got the messages:
-
You know, several people now, including myself, have asked you to try several things, including starting with add-ons disabled, and reporting back.
Diagnosing issues is not a scattershot process, but a methodical one.
Have you done, IN ORDER, The Most Basic Troubleshooting Steps for Suspected NVDA Issues?
What is the result after trying each, IN ORDER?  And for restarting the computer definitely use Restart, not Shutdown, because if Fast Startup is enabled a shutdown is not really a complete shutdown.
If those don't work, then an uninstall and reinstall of NVDA would be what I'd try next.
 
--
Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042  
Always remember others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them.  And then you destroy yourself.
       ~ Richard M. Nixon
 


Re: unable to disable add ons for a given config profile?

Sarah k Alawami
 

Yep, makes sense. It doned on me then. Lol!

--

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

Check out my adventures with a shadow machine.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on twitch. Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page You will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 12 Apr 2021, at 16:06, Luke Davis wrote:

The gesture is only there, if the add-on is there to create it. When you have the add-on disabled, it isn't there to create the gesture.

Sarah k Alawami wrote:

Yep. I deleted the one I wanted, added the one  I wanted and it should work. A note to self though, if you disable the add on, the input gesture for that
add on will not show up. It took me about 15 minutes to figure that one out.


Re: unable to disable add ons for a given config profile?

Luke Davis
 

The gesture is only there, if the add-on is there to create it. When you have the add-on disabled, it isn't there to create the gesture.

Sarah k Alawami wrote:

Yep. I deleted the one I wanted, added the one  I wanted and it should work. A note to self though, if you disable the add on, the input gesture for that
add on will not show up. It took me about 15 minutes to figure that one out.


Re: unable to disable add ons for a given config profile?

Sarah k Alawami
 

Yep. I deleted the one I wanted, added the one  I wanted and it should work. A note to self though, if you disable the add on, the input gesture for that add on will not show up. It took me about 15 minutes to figure that one out.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Monday, April 12, 2021 12:11 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] unable to disable add ons for a given config profile?

 

On Mon, Apr 12, 2021 at 02:33 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

Oh, the nvda modifier has to be included when reassigning the gestures?

-
No.  That's just what Mr. Spivey chose.

I just went in and added CTRL+F9 and then promptly deleted it.  It's the first time I've ever tweaked an input gesture (keyboard shortcut to the rest of the world) within NVDA itself.  I had not realized you can't edit the existing one.  You must add a new one, then the original and the new one will both work if you keep both, but after you add the new one you remove the existing one if you don't want it.
 
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042  

Always remember others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them.  And then you destroy yourself.

       ~ Richard M. Nixon

 


Re: unable to disable add ons for a given config profile?

 

On Mon, Apr 12, 2021 at 02:33 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
Oh, the nvda modifier has to be included when reassigning the gestures?
-
No.  That's just what Mr. Spivey chose.

I just went in and added CTRL+F9 and then promptly deleted it.  It's the first time I've ever tweaked an input gesture (keyboard shortcut to the rest of the world) within NVDA itself.  I had not realized you can't edit the existing one.  You must add a new one, then the original and the new one will both work if you keep both, but after you add the new one you remove the existing one if you don't want it.
 
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042  

Always remember others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them.  And then you destroy yourself.

       ~ Richard M. Nixon

 


Re: unable to disable add ons for a given config profile?

Sarah k Alawami
 

Oh, the nvda modifier has to be included when reassigning the gestures? I have not had a need to go in there, until today. I'll play with it maybe after work or so as that is coming up in a few hours and I kind of need to be ready.

--

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

Check out my adventures with a shadow machine.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on twitch. Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page You will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 12 Apr 2021, at 11:00, Tyler Spivey wrote:

You can go into the Input Gestures dialog and reassign any key you want.
Simply go in and redefine the speech history keys to use the NVDA modifier and some other keys.

On 4/12/2021 10:56 AM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

I don’t see how not having this feature makes sense, but ok? I’ll write up the report on my phone later today and see where it goes.

Happy Monday all.

*From:* nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> *On Behalf Of *g melconian
*Sent:* Monday, April 12, 2021 10:30 AM
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io
*Subject:* Re: [nvda] unable to disable add ons for a given config profile?

Ok, this makes sense.

*From:* nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io> <nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>> *On Behalf Of *Sarah k Alawami
*Sent:* Monday, April 12, 2021 10:28 AM
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
*Subject:* Re: [nvda] unable to disable add ons for a given config profile?

I can’t do that because of the game I play, and the stuff I use. Is there a feature request on github about this. Right now I’m a bit lazy. I can look later when I get on my phone. Besides are not alt shift arrows used to read  stuff in windows if I recall? When I do that I hear “move below and move above” I’ll look at maybe reassigning those until you can disable addons in a config profile.

*From:* nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io> <nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>> *On Behalf Of *Andre Fisher
*Sent:* Monday, April 12, 2021 8:50 AM
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
*Subject:* Re: [nvda] unable to disable add ons for a given config profile?

Hi.

This is currently not possible, and it's not a bug. Your best solution is to reassign the gestures for the add-on until such functionality is possible. I don't even know why the add-on author didn't use shortcuts with the NVDA modifier key as opposed to Shift+F11, Shift+F12 and F12. Doing it this way will ensure that the shortcuts won't conflict with those used by application.

I assigned mine to Alt+NVDA+Up and Down Arrow for the  speech history, and NVDA+Alt+Period to copy the last spoken phrase.


Re: unable to disable add ons for a given config profile?

Tyler Spivey
 

You can go into the Input Gestures dialog and reassign any key you want.
Simply go in and redefine the speech history keys to use the NVDA modifier and some other keys.

On 4/12/2021 10:56 AM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
I don’t see how not having this feature makes sense, but ok? I’ll write up the report on my phone later today and see where it goes.
Happy Monday all.
*From:* nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> *On Behalf Of *g melconian
*Sent:* Monday, April 12, 2021 10:30 AM
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io
*Subject:* Re: [nvda] unable to disable add ons for a given config profile?
Ok, this makes sense.
*From:* nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io> <nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>> *On Behalf Of *Sarah k Alawami
*Sent:* Monday, April 12, 2021 10:28 AM
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
*Subject:* Re: [nvda] unable to disable add ons for a given config profile?
I can’t do that because of the game I play, and the stuff I use. Is there a feature request on github about this. Right now I’m a bit lazy. I can look later when I get on my phone. Besides are not alt shift arrows used to read  stuff in windows if I recall? When I do that I hear “move below and move above” I’ll look at maybe reassigning those until you can disable addons in a config profile.
*From:* nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io> <nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>> *On Behalf Of *Andre Fisher
*Sent:* Monday, April 12, 2021 8:50 AM
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
*Subject:* Re: [nvda] unable to disable add ons for a given config profile?
Hi.
This is currently not possible, and it's not a bug. Your best solution is to reassign the gestures for the add-on until such functionality is possible. I don't even know why the add-on author didn't use shortcuts with the NVDA modifier key as opposed to Shift+F11, Shift+F12 and F12. Doing it this way will ensure that the shortcuts won't conflict with those used by application.
I assigned mine to Alt+NVDA+Up and Down Arrow for the  speech history, and NVDA+Alt+Period to copy the last spoken phrase.


Re: unable to disable add ons for a given config profile?

Sarah k Alawami
 

I don’t see how not having this feature makes sense, but ok? I’ll write up the report on my phone later today and see where it goes.

 

Happy Monday all.

 

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of g melconian
Sent: Monday, April 12, 2021 10:30 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] unable to disable add ons for a given config profile?

 

Ok, this makes sense. 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sarah k Alawami
Sent: Monday, April 12, 2021 10:28 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] unable to disable add ons for a given config profile?

 

I can’t do that because of the game I play, and the stuff I use. Is there a feature request on github about this. Right now I’m a bit lazy. I can look later when I get on my phone. Besides are not alt shift arrows used to read  stuff in windows if I recall? When I do that I hear “move below and move above” I’ll look at maybe reassigning those until you can disable addons in a config profile.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Andre Fisher
Sent: Monday, April 12, 2021 8:50 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] unable to disable add ons for a given config profile?

 

Hi.

This is currently not possible, and it's not a bug. Your best solution is to reassign the gestures for the add-on until such functionality is possible. I don't even know why the add-on author didn't use shortcuts with the NVDA modifier key as opposed to Shift+F11, Shift+F12 and F12. Doing it this way will ensure that the shortcuts won't conflict with those used by application.

I assigned mine to Alt+NVDA+Up and Down Arrow for the  speech history, and NVDA+Alt+Period to copy the last spoken phrase.


Re: unable to disable add ons for a given config profile?

g melconian <gmelconian619@...>
 

Ok, this makes sense. 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sarah k Alawami
Sent: Monday, April 12, 2021 10:28 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] unable to disable add ons for a given config profile?

 

I can’t do that because of the game I play, and the stuff I use. Is there a feature request on github about this. Right now I’m a bit lazy. I can look later when I get on my phone. Besides are not alt shift arrows used to read  stuff in windows if I recall? When I do that I hear “move below and move above” I’ll look at maybe reassigning those until you can disable addons in a config profile.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Andre Fisher
Sent: Monday, April 12, 2021 8:50 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] unable to disable add ons for a given config profile?

 

Hi.

This is currently not possible, and it's not a bug. Your best solution is to reassign the gestures for the add-on until such functionality is possible. I don't even know why the add-on author didn't use shortcuts with the NVDA modifier key as opposed to Shift+F11, Shift+F12 and F12. Doing it this way will ensure that the shortcuts won't conflict with those used by application.

I assigned mine to Alt+NVDA+Up and Down Arrow for the  speech history, and NVDA+Alt+Period to copy the last spoken phrase.


Re: unable to disable add ons for a given config profile?

Sarah k Alawami
 

I can’t do that because of the game I play, and the stuff I use. Is there a feature request on github about this. Right now I’m a bit lazy. I can look later when I get on my phone. Besides are not alt shift arrows used to read  stuff in windows if I recall? When I do that I hear “move below and move above” I’ll look at maybe reassigning those until you can disable addons in a config profile.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Andre Fisher
Sent: Monday, April 12, 2021 8:50 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] unable to disable add ons for a given config profile?

 

Hi.

This is currently not possible, and it's not a bug. Your best solution is to reassign the gestures for the add-on until such functionality is possible. I don't even know why the add-on author didn't use shortcuts with the NVDA modifier key as opposed to Shift+F11, Shift+F12 and F12. Doing it this way will ensure that the shortcuts won't conflict with those used by application.

I assigned mine to Alt+NVDA+Up and Down Arrow for the  speech history, and NVDA+Alt+Period to copy the last spoken phrase.


Re: unable to disable add ons for a given config profile?

Andre Fisher
 

Hi.

This is currently not possible, and it's not a bug. Your best solution is to reassign the gestures for the add-on until such functionality is possible. I don't even know why the add-on author didn't use shortcuts with the NVDA modifier key as opposed to Shift+F11, Shift+F12 and F12. Doing it this way will ensure that the shortcuts won't conflict with those used by application.

I assigned mine to Alt+NVDA+Up and Down Arrow for the  speech history, and NVDA+Alt+Period to copy the last spoken phrase.


Re: NVDA doesn't read context menu

 

On Mon, Apr 12, 2021 at 06:59 AM, =?ISO-2022-JP?Q?=1B$B9b=4082=22=1B=28J?= wrote:
While checking log I got the messages:
-
You know, several people now, including myself, have asked you to try several things, including starting with add-ons disabled, and reporting back.

Diagnosing issues is not a scattershot process, but a methodical one.

Have you done, IN ORDER, The Most Basic Troubleshooting Steps for Suspected NVDA Issues?

What is the result after trying each, IN ORDER?  And for restarting the computer definitely use Restart, not Shutdown, because if Fast Startup is enabled a shutdown is not really a complete shutdown.

If those don't work, then an uninstall and reinstall of NVDA would be what I'd try next.
 
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042  

Always remember others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them.  And then you destroy yourself.

       ~ Richard M. Nixon

 


Re: NVDA doesn't read context menu

tim
 

Have you tried reinstalling your NVDA add-ons? There have ben a few updates in the past weeks and you may have corrupted on. I had that happen on 2003.

On 4/11/2021 8:08 AM, Luke Davis wrote:
On Sun, 11 Apr 2021, 高生旺 wrote:

Have done but no effect.
Have you restarted the machine (actual windows restart, not turning off and on again)?
What version of NVDA and Windows?
Have you tried running NVDA with add-ons disabled?
Also, I know it seems silly, but try the COM Registration Fix tool again. I know of at least one case where a user reported that it didn't fix a problem it should have during the first run, but did after being run again.  In theory that shouldn't be true, but that's what he reported.


unable to disable add ons for a given config profile?

Sarah k Alawami
 

I know this is going to be odd, but can I disable add ons for a given profile? I am playing a game where speech history review needs to be disabled. If I disable it in my game profile, I set up for nvda, it gets disabled for my normal profile as well. Is this a bug, I’m using Nonvisual Desktop Access (NVDA)?

Version: 2020.4 and Windows 10 20H2 (64-bit) build 19042.867. I’m also having some other issues which have cropped up, but I’ll take care of those later.

 

Take care all.

----

 

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFfP. We are also on lbry as well.

 

Stay in touch with us via our discord. This is an easier way to both contact us, and get to know your fellow listeners.

 

 


Re: NVDA doesn't read context menu

=?ISO-2022-JP?Q?=1B$B9b=4082=22=1B=28J?=
 

While checking log I got the messages:

Input: kb(desktop):applications
DEBUGWARNING - NVDAObjects.IAccessible.IAccessible._get_IAccessibleRole (18:40:29.645) - MainThread (4772):
accRole failed: (-2147312566, 'An error occurred while loading the type library/DLL.', (None, None, None, 0, None))

On Sun, 11 Apr 2021, 高生旺 wrote:

Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2021 15:58:47 +0800 (CST)
From: 高生旺 <coscell@gmail.com>
To: "nvda@nvda.groups.io" <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA doesn't read context menu
Still no effect. I must to re-install office or reset windows to fix it.

On Sun, 11 Apr 2021, Chris via groups.io wrote:

Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2021 08:41:27 +0100
From: Chris via groups.io <chrismedley=btinternet.com@groups.io>
Reply-To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
To: "nvda@nvda.groups.io" <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA doesn't read context menu
Did you restart after running the com registration tool?
 
If not, then do so!
 
 
From: 高生旺
Sent: 11 April 2021 07:30
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA doesn't read context menu
 
Have done but no effect.
 
On Sun, 11 Apr 2021, Luke Davis wrote:
 

Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2021 01:32:08 -0400 (EDT)
From: Luke Davis <luke@newanswertech.com>
Reply-To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA doesn't read context menu
On Sun, 11 Apr 2021, 高生旺 wrote:
 
After uninstall MS office, my NVDA doesn't read context menu.
 
I should just have this tattooed on my head: run the COM Registration
Fixing

Tool. This is a textbook case of what it's for.
Press NVDA+n, t, r, enter. That's with an English keyboard setup, on
English

language NVDA.
Press Okay when prompted, and authenticate the Windows permission dialog
which appears.
Press OK again when the completion Window comes up.
 
Luke
 
"In this life there are obstacles, and forces who overcome obstacles. You
can

be either one or the other.
If you refuse to even try to clear an obstacle, you become the obstacle."
- Joel Shepherd
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


Re: reporting word number automatically.

Rui Fontes
 

Hello!


We have develloped an add-on to count words, but only to selected text...

https://www.tiflotecnia.net/wordCount.nvda-addon


Adapt it to announce automatically is, I think, possible, but only for one person and one app, wich already have a word count feature, don't seems reasonable...


Rui Fontes

NVDA portuguese team


Às 05:48 de 12/04/2021, Quentin Christensen escreveu:

There isn't an NVDA setting for that.  Theoretically it could be possible with an add-on, but I can't think of one which does it.

There are a couple of things you can do to regularly check the word count, which is displayed in the status bar:
1) Press F6 to jump to the status bar.  There are a number of other values here, so next press the right arrow to move to word count.  Press SHIFT+F6 to move back to the document.  Next time you press F6, the focus will jump straight to word count.

2) Press NVDA+end (NVDA+shift+end if using laptop keyboard layout).  This reads the status bar.  As noted, there are a number of other pieces of information here.  While you can't reorder them, you can remove things you don't want.  Again, press F6 to move to the status bar then the applications key to open the context menu.  Press the down arrow to move through the list and spacebar to check and uncheck any items.  Note that the state of the checkbox isn't reported.  This is a known issue, but for now you'll just have to remember what is and isn't checked.  If you would like to comment on the issue, it is this one: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/5996

Regards

Quentin.

On Sun, Apr 11, 2021 at 2:47 AM farhan israk <fahim.net.2014@...> wrote:
I am using latest nvda and microsoft word 2016. Is it possible to change settings so that nvda will announce word numbers automatically after each 5 or 10 words?


--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager


Re: Layers and NVDA

Cearbhall O'Meadhra
 

Thanks for this, Luke. I am a complete novice as I only heard about this
concept fo layers last Saturday! Please don't take it that I know anything
about it yet. I will pull back my concept as you clearly indicate it as
misplaced. I agree that the information I have gathered so far simply permits
extra keystrokes that might otherwise interfere with the basic set of keys
that drive the screen reader.

I will study the detail of your response and I am sure to learn more from it.


All the best,

Cearbhall

m +353 (0)833323487 Ph: _353 (0)1-2864623 e: cearbhall.omeadhra@blbc.ie

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Luke Davis
Sent: Monday, April 12, 2021 4:23 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Layers and NVDA

Honestly I have not heard the term layering used in the way that you are
using it.

There is programmatic layering, which is mainly about isolating different
portions of a program into higher and lower functions that only know about
the layer directly above/below them.

There is screen reader keyboard layers, which is when one screen reader
keyboard command (gesture, in NVDA terms), causes other keys on the keyboard
to have effects other than they usually would.

For example, the Developer Toolkit add-on for NVDA does this.
Read more about it here:
https://addons.nvda-project.org/./addons/developerToolkit.en.html
You press a certain key sequence, after which other keyboard keys now do
something dedicated to that add-on, instead of whatever they did before. It
is a way of using more keyboard commands than you normally have keys
available to use conveniently.

But I don't think that's quite what you're talking about, at least not
entirely, as you seem to be bringing in other concepts of programs
interacting with each other, which I have not heard called layering.

Then again, there is much I don't know. You may be better off asking about
this on either the nvda-devel or nvda-addons lists.
https://groups.io/g/nvda-devel
https://groups.io/g/nvda-addons


--
Luke

"In this life there are obstacles, and forces who overcome obstacles. You can
be either one or the other.
If you refuse to even try to clear an obstacle, you become the obstacle."
- Joel Shepherd






--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

7021 - 7040 of 90049