Date   

Re: the new voices for nvda

Sarah k Alawami
 

I've tired those, and they don't work. Everyone and everything sounds like a mumble to me when I use those.. And they don't go up very loud even at 100 percent. The person needs to shout at me through the bone conduction headset.

--

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on twitch. Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page You will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.
Finally, you can support my work on happs, the network of now.

On 9 Jun 2021, at 13:41, Luke Davis wrote:

Sarah k Alawami wrote:

I am. Everything is at 100 percent and I still can't hear NVDA. And I need
to hear the louder environment especially when streaming. I normally have my
headsets and stuff cranked up to about 100 or a bit below because I can no
longer hear well.

Have you considered sending NVDA out of a second sound card, and using a bone-conduction headset such as the Aftershox M2 or one of their other wired sets?

That may give you the "third ear" that so many of us often need when doing this kind of multi source audio stuff.

Luke


Re: the new voices for nvda

Sarah k Alawami
 

I actually don't want to, I hear better when it is up a bit loud now a days. Good suggestion though for those that can. Plus when I stream I need things up so people can actually hear them.

--

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on twitch. Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page You will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.
Finally, you can support my work on happs, the network of now.

On 9 Jun 2021, at 13:35, Gene wrote:

That may be.  It very unnaturally emphasizes midranges and s sounds.  But why don’t you turn down other sound while leaving the NVDA volume the same?
 
Gene
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2021 3:30 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] the new voices for nvda
 
I am. Everything is at 100 percent and I still can't hear NVDA. And  I need
to hear the louder environment especially when streaming. I normally have my
headsets and stuff cranked up to about 100 or a bit below because I can no
longer hear well. Espeak actually is the loudest brightest voice I can find
to cut through the messn of frequencies.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Luke Davis
Sent: Wednesday, June 9, 2021 12:29 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] the new voices for nvda

Sarah k Alawami wrote:

> That won?t work, the  loud environment is in my headphones. Lol! Let?s 
> say mostly trains and planes. And most voices even when cranked are way
way way too soft. Espeak is not, mostly.

Are you aware of the system volume mixer (sndvol.exe), in which you can:

1. Turn NVDA way way up.
2. Turn your other application further down.
3. Turn your system volume up so that your simulator is at proper level.

At that point, the voice should be easy to hear.

Luke











Re: the new voices for nvda

Gene
 

I see that you say you need other things at loud volumes especially while streaming.  It may not be practical to have audio other than the screen-reader softer, but I wonder if a small or rather small decrease in volume of other audio would still allow for reasonable hearing while making the screen-reader easier to understand.
 
Since I don’t know how you hear things and since hearing loss isn’t usually just hearing everything more softly I don’t want to be presumptuous and you may have experimented.  But I’m making the suggestion in case it might be helpful. 
 
Gene

-----Original Message-----
-----Original Message-----
From: Luke Davis
Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2021 3:41 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] the new voices for nvda
 
Sarah k Alawami wrote:

> I am. Everything is at 100 percent and I still can't hear NVDA. And  I need
> to hear the louder environment especially when streaming. I normally have my
> headsets and stuff cranked up to about 100 or a bit below because I can no
> longer hear well.

Have you considered sending NVDA out of a second sound card, and using a
bone-conduction headset such as the Aftershox M2 or one of their other
wired sets?

That may give you the "third ear" that so many of us often need when doing
this kind of multi source audio stuff.

Luke





Re: the new voices for nvda

Luke Davis
 

Sarah k Alawami wrote:

I am. Everything is at 100 percent and I still can't hear NVDA. And I need
to hear the louder environment especially when streaming. I normally have my
headsets and stuff cranked up to about 100 or a bit below because I can no
longer hear well.
Have you considered sending NVDA out of a second sound card, and using a bone-conduction headset such as the Aftershox M2 or one of their other wired sets?

That may give you the "third ear" that so many of us often need when doing this kind of multi source audio stuff.

Luke


Re: the new voices for nvda

Gene
 

That may be.  It very unnaturally emphasizes midranges and s sounds.  But why don’t you turn down other sound while leaving the NVDA volume the same?
 
Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2021 3:30 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] the new voices for nvda
 
I am. Everything is at 100 percent and I still can't hear NVDA. And  I need
to hear the louder environment especially when streaming. I normally have my
headsets and stuff cranked up to about 100 or a bit below because I can no
longer hear well. Espeak actually is the loudest brightest voice I can find
to cut through the messn of frequencies.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Luke Davis
Sent: Wednesday, June 9, 2021 12:29 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] the new voices for nvda

Sarah k Alawami wrote:

> That won?t work, the  loud environment is in my headphones. Lol! Let?s 
> say mostly trains and planes. And most voices even when cranked are way
way way too soft. Espeak is not, mostly.

Are you aware of the system volume mixer (sndvol.exe), in which you can:

1. Turn NVDA way way up.
2. Turn your other application further down.
3. Turn your system volume up so that your simulator is at proper level.

At that point, the voice should be easy to hear.

Luke











Re: Renaming File Extensions in Bulk

Sarah k Alawami
 

It didn’t with mine actually. And I still have, or had it installed until a few  months ago when I was having issues with office.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shaun Everiss
Sent: Wednesday, June 9, 2021 1:00 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Renaming File Extensions in Bulk

 

It will work.

One thing to note, if you have this on in office 2013 or higher certainly 2016 its going to interfeer with file associations which I found the hard way.

Uninstall that before installing office.

 

 

On 10/06/2021 2:54 am, Gene wrote:

And I see that you are assuming the converter pack won’t work just because it is old.  I think it likely will work.  there is nothing lost by trying it.  I don’t think the JARTE developers would have continued to refer users to a utility that no longer works. 

 

Gene

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2021 8:56 AM

Subject: [nvda] RE Renaming File Extensions In Bulk

 

Hello NVDA Members,

Thanks to each of you for responding to my post concerning changing
the file extension from docx to doc. This was to make Jarte more user
friendly. However, You and my 'wife' are right about changing docx to
doc does not necessarily work. Either get a converter program, or get
a newer version of MS Word appear to be my two choices.
To save time, I cannot install MS Word on my new computer via a
product key that came with the computer, because my MicroSoft account
info is partially lost and in error.
Jarte seems to say I need the converter pack from 2007, it's now 2021.
I suppose learning Google Docs is another option, too and free of
charge. However, I have several files on a thumb drive that I want
access to, and not sure how to go about resolving this mess.
I found the article about renaming bulk files on Computer Hope.com,
and it sounded easy to do and like what I needed to do, but evidently
I miscalculated on both. Now you know much of the story.. Thanks!

Best,
David C. Russell, Author, and one of the steps pre-install, is to add
your account info.




Re: the new voices for nvda

Sarah k Alawami
 

I am. Everything is at 100 percent and I still can't hear NVDA. And I need
to hear the louder environment especially when streaming. I normally have my
headsets and stuff cranked up to about 100 or a bit below because I can no
longer hear well. Espeak actually is the loudest brightest voice I can find
to cut through the messn of frequencies.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Luke Davis
Sent: Wednesday, June 9, 2021 12:29 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] the new voices for nvda

Sarah k Alawami wrote:

That won?t work, the  loud environment is in my headphones. Lol! Let?s  
say mostly trains and planes. And most voices even when cranked are way
way way too soft. Espeak is not, mostly.

Are you aware of the system volume mixer (sndvol.exe), in which you can:

1. Turn NVDA way way up.
2. Turn your other application further down.
3. Turn your system volume up so that your simulator is at proper level.

At that point, the voice should be easy to hear.

Luke


Re: Renaming File Extensions in Bulk

 

It will work.

One thing to note, if you have this on in office 2013 or higher certainly 2016 its going to interfeer with file associations which I found the hard way.

Uninstall that before installing office.



On 10/06/2021 2:54 am, Gene wrote:
And I see that you are assuming the converter pack won’t work just because it is old.  I think it likely will work.  there is nothing lost by trying it.  I don’t think the JARTE developers would have continued to refer users to a utility that no longer works. 
 
Gene
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2021 8:56 AM
Subject: [nvda] RE Renaming File Extensions In Bulk
 
Hello NVDA Members,

Thanks to each of you for responding to my post concerning changing
the file extension from docx to doc. This was to make Jarte more user
friendly. However, You and my 'wife' are right about changing docx to
doc does not necessarily work. Either get a converter program, or get
a newer version of MS Word appear to be my two choices.
To save time, I cannot install MS Word on my new computer via a
product key that came with the computer, because my MicroSoft account
info is partially lost and in error.
Jarte seems to say I need the converter pack from 2007, it's now 2021.
I suppose learning Google Docs is another option, too and free of
charge. However, I have several files on a thumb drive that I want
access to, and not sure how to go about resolving this mess.
I found the article about renaming bulk files on Computer Hope.com,
and it sounded easy to do and like what I needed to do, but evidently
I miscalculated on both. Now you know much of the story.. Thanks!

Best,
David C. Russell, Author, and one of the steps pre-install, is to add
your account info.





Re: the new voices for nvda

Luke Davis
 

Sarah k Alawami wrote:

That won’t work, the  loud environment is in my headphones. Lol! Let’s  say mostly trains and planes. And most voices even when cranked are way way way too
soft. Espeak is not, mostly.
Are you aware of the system volume mixer (sndvol.exe), in which you can:

1. Turn NVDA way way up.
2. Turn your other application further down.
3. Turn your system volume up so that your simulator is at proper level.

At that point, the voice should be easy to hear.

Luke


Re: TeamMate Audit Software

Luis Carlos González Moráles
 

What is TeamMate Audit, anyway? DIdn't heard about that program.

Anthony Monteith via groups.io wrote:

Good day ,

Is TeamMate Audit software accessible with NVDA?


Re: Renaming File Extensions in Bulk

Rui Fontes
 

Yes, sayAll do not work in LibreOffice or OpenOffice...

It is only of the problems of the compatibility between those office suites and NVDA...


Rui Fontes


Às 17:18 de 09/06/2021, Brian Vogel escreveu:

On Wed, Jun 9, 2021 at 11:45 AM, Jackie wrote:
For example, the 'say all' function doesn't
actually work, [in Libre Office]
-
That actually shocks me.  I have not seen anyone make that assertion in the past, and there have been a lot of LO users passing through here, the Win10 for Screen Reader Users, and JAWS groups.

To me, that's an absolute essential, regardless of what you're using.  It's got to be able to be read through.

But I stand behind my general assertion that using unsupported or "twilight state" software doesn't make sense.  Even if there are issues with LO, as but one example, most organizations have a commitment to accessibility these days (and the makers of LO definitely do) so reports of issues are likely to be addressed and fixes forthcoming.  That's never happening with Jarte, or any other "twilight state" or unsupported software.  You just keep having to do more and more contortions as time goes by to continue using it, and, eventually, it generally breaks in a way that makes it unusable.  If I'm going to put my energies into something it's going to be into something with a future, not a past.
 
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

I do not understand why some seek to separate a person from their actions.  The self is composed of an individual’s thoughts, actions, and expression, which are contained in and actuated by the body.  What you do and say is the clearest indicator of who you are.

      ~ Brian Vogel

 


Re: Renaming File Extensions in Bulk

 

On Wed, Jun 9, 2021 at 11:45 AM, Jackie wrote:
For example, the 'say all' function doesn't
actually work, [in Libre Office]
-
That actually shocks me.  I have not seen anyone make that assertion in the past, and there have been a lot of LO users passing through here, the Win10 for Screen Reader Users, and JAWS groups.

To me, that's an absolute essential, regardless of what you're using.  It's got to be able to be read through.

But I stand behind my general assertion that using unsupported or "twilight state" software doesn't make sense.  Even if there are issues with LO, as but one example, most organizations have a commitment to accessibility these days (and the makers of LO definitely do) so reports of issues are likely to be addressed and fixes forthcoming.  That's never happening with Jarte, or any other "twilight state" or unsupported software.  You just keep having to do more and more contortions as time goes by to continue using it, and, eventually, it generally breaks in a way that makes it unusable.  If I'm going to put my energies into something it's going to be into something with a future, not a past.
 
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

I do not understand why some seek to separate a person from their actions.  The self is composed of an individual’s thoughts, actions, and expression, which are contained in and actuated by the body.  What you do and say is the clearest indicator of who you are.

      ~ Brian Vogel

 


Re: nvda and braille displays

dennis huckle <denniswhuckle@...>
 

Hello again,

With the focus you replicate alt f 4 by pressing spacebar and dots 2 5 6.

Hope that works with your display.

Most commands are chorded. That is to say they are used in conjunction with the spacebar.

One example is control is chorded c.

Kind regards,

Dennis huckle.

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gerardo Corripio
Sent: 09 June 2021 14:19
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] nvda and braille displays

 

also where could I find info on with NVDA and the NLS eReader (based on Humanware’s Brailleiant and Camillion 20 models), can one use from the display Alt+f4 and other commands?

Gera

Enviado desde mi iPhone SE (2nd Generation) de Telcel



El 9 jun 2021, a la(s) 5:16 a.m., dennis huckle <denniswhuckle@...> escribió:



Hello all,

I now use my focus 14 braille display with nvda and it really works well.

One question however.

I want to select three files that are in alphabetical order and copy them to the clipboard before transferring them elsewhere.

Copying and pasting is fine but just how to select the three files I’m not too sure of.

Thanks all,

Kind regards,

Dennis huckle.

 


Re: nvda and braille displays

dennis huckle <denniswhuckle@...>
 

Hello,

Not sure about that as yet but I feel sure there may be different key combinations for different displays.

If you go to settings and braille, then look at the displays in the list and select the one you are using. If its not there select auto.

Then go to input gestures with your display connected, in braille you should find a list of key combinations listed for that display.

I only use the freedom scientific focus 14 display so can’t really speak about others but hope this gives you some kind of guidance.

Kind regards,

Dennis huckle.

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gerardo Corripio
Sent: 09 June 2021 14:19
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] nvda and braille displays

 

also where could I find info on with NVDA and the NLS eReader (based on Humanware’s Brailleiant and Camillion 20 models), can one use from the display Alt+f4 and other commands?

Gera

Enviado desde mi iPhone SE (2nd Generation) de Telcel



El 9 jun 2021, a la(s) 5:16 a.m., dennis huckle <denniswhuckle@...> escribió:



Hello all,

I now use my focus 14 braille display with nvda and it really works well.

One question however.

I want to select three files that are in alphabetical order and copy them to the clipboard before transferring them elsewhere.

Copying and pasting is fine but just how to select the three files I’m not too sure of.

Thanks all,

Kind regards,

Dennis huckle.

 


Re: Renaming File Extensions in Bulk

Jackie
 

Brian, you're correct, of course, except there are some areas that are
really lacking in LO. For example, the 'say all' function doesn't
actually work, & I personally like using that to gauge the flow of my
writing. Softmaker, unfortunately, really isn't usable, at least from
my experience. It's like Paul Simon said in "Mrs. Robinson", I
guess--"laugh about it, shout about it, when you've got to choose, any
way you look at it you lose." Aint bein' blind fun! :).

On 6/9/21, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:
When it comes to Jarte, it exists in a "grey area" where it's still being
distributed, but it is, for all practical intents and purposes,
unsupported.  For that reason and that reason alone, it makes more sense to
go with something like LibreOffice or SoftMaker Free Office that can handle
both reading in and saving out in DOCX format with ease.

The DOC format is supported by most because so many ancient DOC files exist,
and the need to read them does and will exist far into the future.  But most
word processors that do read in a DOC will generally prompt you to use DOCX,
ODT, or some other more modern file format if you have modified a DOC file
and go to save it.

And LibreOffice, OpenOffice, and SoftMaker Free Office (in the testing I've
done if it is installed using the option for its menu interface - its ribbon
interface is inaccessible in the current free version) are all accessible
and all handle all of the modern file formats.

Going through great gyrations in order to shoehorn backward compatibility
with software such as Jarte, which is in a twilight state, just does not
make sense.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043

I do not understand why some seek to separate a person from their actions.
The self is composed of an individual’s thoughts, actions, and expression,
which are contained in and actuated by the body.  What you do and say is the
clearest indicator of who you are.

~ Brian Vogel





--
Subscribe to a WordPress for Newbies Mailing List by sending a message to:
wp4newbs-request@... with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by
visiting the list page at http://www.freelists.org/list/wp4newbs
& check out my sites at www.brightstarsweb.com & www.mysitesbeenhacked.com


Re: nvda and braille displays

dennis huckle <denniswhuckle@...>
 

I’ll try that,

Should work but its just getting the combination of braille keys right.

Kind regards,

Dennis huckle.

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rui Fontes
Sent: 09 June 2021 14:36
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] nvda and braille displays

 

In a PC keyboard you press Control on the first file, maintain pressed and with arrows select the others. Press space in the ones you want to select...

Have you tried to simulate that with the Braille display keys?

 

Rui Fontes

 

Às 11:16 de 09/06/2021, dennis huckle escreveu:

Hello all,

I now use my focus 14 braille display with nvda and it really works well.

One question however.

I want to select three files that are in alphabetical order and copy them to the clipboard before transferring them elsewhere.

Copying and pasting is fine but just how to select the three files I’m not too sure of.

Thanks all,

Kind regards,

Dennis huckle.

 


Re: Renaming File Extensions in Bulk

 

When it comes to Jarte, it exists in a "grey area" where it's still being distributed, but it is, for all practical intents and purposes, unsupported.  For that reason and that reason alone, it makes more sense to go with something like LibreOffice or SoftMaker Free Office that can handle both reading in and saving out in DOCX format with ease.

The DOC format is supported by most because so many ancient DOC files exist, and the need to read them does and will exist far into the future.  But most word processors that do read in a DOC will generally prompt you to use DOCX, ODT, or some other more modern file format if you have modified a DOC file and go to save it.

And LibreOffice, OpenOffice, and SoftMaker Free Office (in the testing I've done if it is installed using the option for its menu interface - its ribbon interface is inaccessible in the current free version) are all accessible and all handle all of the modern file formats.

Going through great gyrations in order to shoehorn backward compatibility with software such as Jarte, which is in a twilight state, just does not make sense.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

I do not understand why some seek to separate a person from their actions.  The self is composed of an individual’s thoughts, actions, and expression, which are contained in and actuated by the body.  What you do and say is the clearest indicator of who you are.

      ~ Brian Vogel

 


Re: Renaming File Extensions in Bulk

Gene
 

I just looked at the help page JARTE provides regarding DOCX files.  I believe the reason it refers to 2007 DOCX files is because Word 2007 may have been the first version of Word in which DOCX files were supported.  I think it is very likely that the utility will work with JARTE to the present day.
 
Gene

-----Original Message-----
From: Gene
Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2021 9:54 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] RE Renaming File Extensions In Bulk
 
And I see that you are assuming the converter pack won’t work just because it is old.  I think it likely will work.  there is nothing lost by trying it.  I don’t think the JARTE developers would have continued to refer users to a utility that no longer works. 
 
Gene
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2021 8:56 AM
Subject: [nvda] RE Renaming File Extensions In Bulk
 
Hello NVDA Members,

Thanks to each of you for responding to my post concerning changing
the file extension from docx to doc. This was to make Jarte more user
friendly. However, You and my 'wife' are right about changing docx to
doc does not necessarily work. Either get a converter program, or get
a newer version of MS Word appear to be my two choices.
To save time, I cannot install MS Word on my new computer via a
product key that came with the computer, because my MicroSoft account
info is partially lost and in error.
Jarte seems to say I need the converter pack from 2007, it's now 2021.
I suppose learning Google Docs is another option, too and free of
charge. However, I have several files on a thumb drive that I want
access to, and not sure how to go about resolving this mess.
I found the article about renaming bulk files on Computer Hope.com,
and it sounded easy to do and like what I needed to do, but evidently
I miscalculated on both. Now you know much of the story.. Thanks!

Best,
David C. Russell, Author, and one of the steps pre-install, is to add
your account info.





Re: Renaming File Extensions in Bulk

Gene
 

And I see that you are assuming the converter pack won’t work just because it is old.  I think it likely will work.  there is nothing lost by trying it.  I don’t think the JARTE developers would have continued to refer users to a utility that no longer works. 
 
Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2021 8:56 AM
Subject: [nvda] RE Renaming File Extensions In Bulk
 
Hello NVDA Members,

Thanks to each of you for responding to my post concerning changing
the file extension from docx to doc. This was to make Jarte more user
friendly. However, You and my 'wife' are right about changing docx to
doc does not necessarily work. Either get a converter program, or get
a newer version of MS Word appear to be my two choices.
To save time, I cannot install MS Word on my new computer via a
product key that came with the computer, because my MicroSoft account
info is partially lost and in error.
Jarte seems to say I need the converter pack from 2007, it's now 2021.
I suppose learning Google Docs is another option, too and free of
charge. However, I have several files on a thumb drive that I want
access to, and not sure how to go about resolving this mess.
I found the article about renaming bulk files on Computer Hope.com,
and it sounded easy to do and like what I needed to do, but evidently
I miscalculated on both. Now you know much of the story.. Thanks!

Best,
David C. Russell, Author, and one of the steps pre-install, is to add
your account info.





Re: Renaming File Extensions in Bulk

Gene
 

If you try to open a docx file in Jarte, a dialog will come up telling you how to get a Microsoft utility that will allow it to read Docx files. 
 
I see this a lot.  People often ask how to do what their guess is about how to solve a problem and don’t explain what the problem is or what they want to do. 
 
Now that we know what you want to do, we can address the specific problem. 
 
Try opening a DOCX file and the dialog will come up.  Follow the link given, download and install the utility.  You can now open DOCX files.  You can’t make modifications and save the file again as a DOCX file.  You will have to save it as another format but you can read any DOCX file you wish and as long as you don’t want to modify it, if your purpose is to read them, that will meet your needs.  As I said, if you want to modify a file, you will have to save it as some other format supported by JARTE.
 
Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2021 8:56 AM
Subject: [nvda] RE Renaming File Extensions In Bulk
 
Hello NVDA Members,

Thanks to each of you for responding to my post concerning changing
the file extension from docx to doc. This was to make Jarte more user
friendly. However, You and my 'wife' are right about changing docx to
doc does not necessarily work. Either get a converter program, or get
a newer version of MS Word appear to be my two choices.
To save time, I cannot install MS Word on my new computer via a
product key that came with the computer, because my MicroSoft account
info is partially lost and in error.
Jarte seems to say I need the converter pack from 2007, it's now 2021.
I suppose learning Google Docs is another option, too and free of
charge. However, I have several files on a thumb drive that I want
access to, and not sure how to go about resolving this mess.
I found the article about renaming bulk files on Computer Hope.com,
and it sounded easy to do and like what I needed to do, but evidently
I miscalculated on both. Now you know much of the story.. Thanks!

Best,
David C. Russell, Author, and one of the steps pre-install, is to add
your account info.




14821 - 14840 of 99643