Date   

Re: Audio ducking not supported?

Chris Smart
 

Ducking is still working here.

You checked the setting in the Select Synthesizer dialog right? I’m just checking. (grin)

 

I’m experiencing a different problem. Sometimes the audio ducks, and when speech stops, the audio doesn’t come back up. It stays ducked.

 

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Andre Fisher
Sent: September 15, 2021 8:14 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Audio ducking not supported?

 

Hi.

Just checking if others have had this issue. I upgraded to NVDA 2021.2 earlier today, and realised that audio ducking was no longer supported on my system. It was an installed copy, and even occured with add-ons disabled. I completely uninstalled NVDA, removed the user settings in the %appdata% folder, and reinstalled NVDA, with it still not supporting audio ducking. I restarted the PC after uninstall and reinstall, with no success. I finally decided to downgrade NVDA, something I have never done in all my years of using the software, and my audio ducking is now back and functioning properly with NVDA 2021.1.

Again I ask, am I alone in experiencing this? If no, I'll get right on a github issue to hopefully sort it out. I am using Windows 10 20H2 (x64) build 19042.928, by the way.


Audio ducking not supported?

Andre Fisher
 

Hi.

Just checking if others have had this issue. I upgraded to NVDA 2021.2 earlier today, and realised that audio ducking was no longer supported on my system. It was an installed copy, and even occured with add-ons disabled. I completely uninstalled NVDA, removed the user settings in the %appdata% folder, and reinstalled NVDA, with it still not supporting audio ducking. I restarted the PC after uninstall and reinstall, with no success. I finally decided to downgrade NVDA, something I have never done in all my years of using the software, and my audio ducking is now back and functioning properly with NVDA 2021.1.

Again I ask, am I alone in experiencing this? If no, I'll get right on a github issue to hopefully sort it out. I am using Windows 10 20H2 (x64) build 19042.928, by the way.


Re: Speech being interrupted when I pan to the next line on braille display

Jujube
 

That's what I'm getting at actually.


On Wed, Sep 15, 2021 at 4:41 PM Christopher Kchao <cskchao@...> wrote:
Hello,
Unfortunately, toggling this option does not appear to change the behavior where Braille is concerned. During any time speech output occurs and a user presses a panning control on their Braille display, the display refreshes to reflect the change, but speech is silenced. This behavior also persists regardless of the Braille tethering setting.

Best,
CK


On Mon, Sep 13, 2021 at 2:11 AM Quentin Christensen <quentin@...> wrote:
In NVDA's keyboard settings (Press NVDA+control+k to open those directly) there is an option to "Allow skim reading in Say All".

If on, certain navigation commands (such as quick navigation in browse mode or moving by line or paragraph) do not stop Say All, rather Say All jumps to the new position and continues reading.

That sounds like it might be what you are after.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Sun, Sep 12, 2021 at 2:38 AM Jujube <ellaxyu@...> wrote:
Hi everyone, This is a small annoyance I discovered literally just now but I notice that when I pan to the next line on my braille display, NVDA stops reading. I tried using say all but braille display panning interrupts say all. I wonder if there's a configurable setting for that? If not, I understand. Thanks for any help.



--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager


Re: Speech being interrupted when I pan to the next line on braille display

Christopher Kchao
 

Hello,
Unfortunately, toggling this option does not appear to change the behavior where Braille is concerned. During any time speech output occurs and a user presses a panning control on their Braille display, the display refreshes to reflect the change, but speech is silenced. This behavior also persists regardless of the Braille tethering setting.

Best,
CK


On Mon, Sep 13, 2021 at 2:11 AM Quentin Christensen <quentin@...> wrote:
In NVDA's keyboard settings (Press NVDA+control+k to open those directly) there is an option to "Allow skim reading in Say All".

If on, certain navigation commands (such as quick navigation in browse mode or moving by line or paragraph) do not stop Say All, rather Say All jumps to the new position and continues reading.

That sounds like it might be what you are after.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Sun, Sep 12, 2021 at 2:38 AM Jujube <ellaxyu@...> wrote:
Hi everyone, This is a small annoyance I discovered literally just now but I notice that when I pan to the next line on my braille display, NVDA stops reading. I tried using say all but braille display panning interrupts say all. I wonder if there's a configurable setting for that? If not, I understand. Thanks for any help.



--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager


Re: Is it possible to drag-and-drop with NVDA and the keyboard

Dave Grossoehme
 

Are you moving the files from one folder to another?

Dave


On 9/13/2021 5:41 AM, Khalid Anwar wrote:
Good morning,
 
I’ve been making a lot of post recently and I just wanted to thank everyone for the help and advice I’ve been given so far, a lot of things seem to have all come up at once.
this question has been prompted by my company using an app called file stream to upload files to the shared drive.
As far as I can tell, the only way to use it is to drag and drop the file into the app, and the file itself is an excel spreadsheet.
Does anyone know if it’s possible to drag-and-drop with NVDA, or if there are any other ways using the keyboard to move large files from one place to another.


Re: Is it possible to drag-and-drop with NVDA and the keyboard

Dave Grossoehme
 

Is it possible that the move command to move a file from one folder to another folder could be used for this party?

Dave


On 9/13/2021 12:58 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Mon, Sep 13, 2021 at 03:03 PM, Tim M wrote:
That is just one of the many working bugs both screen readers have, and either haven't gotten to or just won't fix.
-
The thing is, I can't necessarily even say it's a bug.   Drag and drop "via the sighted method" is a thing unto itself, where the thing that has focus and is being dragged moves in real time and keeps focus throughout the movement until one releases the left mouse button over the drop zone.  If you release that button elsewhere (anywhere that the thing cannot be dropped) it simply remains where it had been.

With a screen reader, you have to gain focus, select, and "left mouse lock" on the object - and these three things are easy - but then navigate to the drop zone without ever giving full focus to anything else, and that is very tricky indeed to do, as I've found out in many other contexts.  I have not been willing to play much with emulated drag and drop because I try, whenever possible, to avoid the use of drag and drop, particularly when it comes to a screen reader.

The actual need for drag and drop (as opposed to it being an option) seems to be fading out somewhat, which is great as far as accessibility goes.  I'd far rather cut and paste, or choose to upload using an upload dialog, or similar than drag and drop.  I even do this more frequently than actual drag and drop because I'm often selecting multiple, non-contiguous files and it's very, very easy after having done so to lose that selection if your mouse pointer is even the tiniest bit outside "the grab zone" for the collection of files.  I'd rather hit CTRL + X, get to where I need them to go, and hit CTRL + P.
 
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.

         ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

 


Re: NVDA 2021.2 is now available

Gene
 

I don’t know about certain links such as same ;page links.  Most links aren’t same page links and it works on those.  However, it is useful to know that it may not work on those links.
 
Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2021 2:40 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA 2021.2 is now available
 

That won’t work on all web pages. Some have in page links which will not open in separate windows, or at least it does not appear to work for me.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dennis Clark
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2021 10:37 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA 2021.2 is now available

 

Gene, I didn't know that. Thanks for letting me know.

Dennis

 

On 9/15/2021 10:17 AM, Gene wrote:

If you have that problem again, you can eliminate it by not just pressing enter on a link.  If you use shift engter, the page will open in a new window.  When you want to return to the previous page, using alt f4 closes the window and returns you to it.  You will be where you were because you never left the page and you never moved from your place.

 

Gene

-----Original Message-----

From: Dennis Clark

Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2021 11:51 AM

Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA 2021.2 is now available

 

Thanks Rui.

I'll give it a shot, though I think I know what may be wrong, so I will
try to fix the problem with my computer then try 2021.2 again. I did
notice that 2021.2 did fix what I viewed as a problem.

After doing a Google search then clicking on and item in the search
results, then alt left-arrowing back to the search results, I was placed
back at the top of the search list instead of the link I originally
clicked on. I'm confident that in earlier versions of NVDA this was not
the case, and this morning I did see that this now works again, which is
a major convenience.

Thanks for your help.

Dennis


On 9/15/2021 5:15 AM, Rui Fontes wrote:
> N
>
> o, you can use the NVDA 2021.1 installer.
>
> After installation configure it to do not verify updates automatically...
>
>
> Rui Fontes
>
>
> Às 12:54 de 15/09/2021, Dennis Clark escreveu:
>> Hello Rui,
>>
>> Unfortunately I have a very long day ahead of me with 2 important
>> calls scheduled concerning 2 websites hosted on different cloud
>> servers. We're trying to sort out a couple of issues with BuddyBoss
>> and LearnDash, and my computer can no longer even read the names of
>> files I am creating or renaming. As such the most efficient solution
>> for me will be to reinstall 2021.1 which was working pretty well for
>> me. My concern even if I can find 2021.1 is that when I try to
>> install it, that it will first check and discover a newer version
>> 2021.2 is available and will install 2021.2 instead of 2021.1.
>>
>>
>> I now have 1 hour and 10 minutes before my first scheduled call and
>> my computer for all practical purposes is down.
>>
>> Thanks for your interest.
>>
>>
>>
>> On 9/15/2021 4:34 AM, Rui Fontes wrote:
>>> Hello!
>>>
>>>
>>> First of all, can we know what is not working for you?
>>>
>>>
>>> Rui Fontes
>>>
>>>
>>> Às 12:13 de 15/09/2021, Dennis Clark escreveu:
>>>> Hello,
>>>>
>>>> Last evening I saw that NVDA had notified me that an update was
>>>> available and asked if I wanted to install it. I responded yes. Now
>>>> some critical features in windows 10 do not work. I need to quickly
>>>> move back to 2021.1. How can I accomplish this?
>>>>
>>>> Thanks
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On 9/15/2021 3:47 AM, zahra wrote:
>>>>> hi quentin.
>>>>> i appreciate your great work
>>>>> and wish to be in contact with you again!
>>>>>
>>>>> On 9/15/21, Quentin Christensen mailto:quentin@... wrote:
>>>>>> Thank you David!  We do appreciate your kind words, and indeed we do
>>>>>> certainly strive to deliver a product which is sturdy, robust, and
>>>>>> continually improving. :)
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Kind regards
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Quentin.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On Tue, Sep 14, 2021 at 1:43 PM David Goldfield
>>>>>> mailto:david.goldfield@...
>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> I would like to congratulate NV Access for releasing this update
>>>>>>> after
>>>>>>> only one beta and one RC build. Of course, more betas and more
>>>>>>> release
>>>>>>> candidates are absolutely fine and having them only means that
>>>>>>> more bugs
>>>>>>> were addressed prior to the official public release. Still, the
>>>>>>> fact that
>>>>>>> we only needed one of each is a testimony to the product’s overall
>>>>>>> stability and for its robust code. The good folks at NV Access
>>>>>>> deserve a
>>>>>>> celebration and I commend them for their great work and service
>>>>>>> to the
>>>>>>> community.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> David Goldfield,
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Blindness Assistive Technology Specialist
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> JAWS Certified, 2019
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Subscribe to the Tech-VI announcement list to receive emails
>>>>>>> regarding
>>>>>>> news and events in the blindness assistive technology field.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Email: tech-vi+subscribe@groups.io
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> www.DavidGoldfield.org
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> *From:* nvda@nvda.groups.io mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io *On Behalf Of
>>>>>>> *Quentin
>>>>>>> Christensen
>>>>>>> *Sent:* Monday, September 13, 2021 10:38 PM
>>>>>>> *To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io
>>>>>>> *Subject:* [nvda] NVDA 2021.2 is now available
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Hi everyone,
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> NV Access is pleased to announce that NVDA 2021.2 is now
>>>>>>> available for
>>>>>>> download. Featuring preliminary Windows 11 support, Updates to
>>>>>>> the COM
>>>>>>> Registration fixing tool eSpeak-NG, LibLouis, Braille & more! We
>>>>>>> encourage
>>>>>>> all users to upgrade to this version.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2021-2/
>>>>>>> <https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nvaccess.org%2Fpost%2Fnvda-2021-2%2F&data=04%7C01%7C%7C3397c80e389f47ae3d1308d97728b7d9%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637671839028647479%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=U23NnTWSlRKuuKrgKP%2FBoxx1Saej%2B9rg3jnpEzauO1E%3D&reserved=0>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Kind regards
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Quentin.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Quentin Christensen
>>>>>>> Training and Support Manager
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Web: www.nvaccess.org
>>>>>>> <https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nvaccess.org%2F&data=04%7C01%7C%7C3397c80e389f47ae3d1308d97728b7d9%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637671839028657435%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=owDlxGTftX%2BqT2sOoOeYzOQil3f5So9aFObEkCimUsk%3D&reserved=0>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
>>>>>>> <https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nvaccess.org%2Fshop%2F&data=04%7C01%7C%7C3397c80e389f47ae3d1308d97728b7d9%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637671839028657435%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=QUbwhZX48qi2B6zXjcWf3EXmZjtCMZAvhom%2BhP1XfQw%3D&reserved=0>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/
>>>>>>> <https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcertification.nvaccess.org%2F&data=04%7C01%7C%7C3397c80e389f47ae3d1308d97728b7d9%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637671839028667393%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=SH96M7UUkBdE71yGlp5tYzH14J%2Fl0wicXmbuXaoQGyo%3D&reserved=0>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
>>>>>>> <https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fnvda.groups.io%2Fg%2Fnvda&data=04%7C01%7C%7C3397c80e389f47ae3d1308d97728b7d9%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637671839028667393%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=J2sauBbVO2U5STX2Qr%2Fi95yXWYQ0f2%2FVZWR8YzPn1zc%3D&reserved=0>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
>>>>>>> <https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FNVAccess&data=04%7C01%7C%7C3397c80e389f47ae3d1308d97728b7d9%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637671839028677348%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=XksFv94ZZ39EjKX8%2BMrkC8zo0hf8QYAK29CXRT4ZZgA%3D&reserved=0>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Twitter: @NVAccess
>>>>>>> <https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FNVAccess&data=04%7C01%7C%7C3397c80e389f47ae3d1308d97728b7d9%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637671839028677348%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=jw7Eg4120qmIUgW54ZVx9Z6by7ZPWmNkfRM6rrTapcw%3D&reserved=0>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>> --
>>>>>> Quentin Christensen
>>>>>> Training and Support Manager
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Web: www.nvaccess.org
>>>>>> Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
>>>>>> Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/
>>>>>> User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
>>>>>> Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
>>>>>> Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
>




Re: NVDA 2021.2 is now available

Sarah k Alawami
 

That won’t work on all web pages. Some have in page links which will not open in separate windows, or at least it does not appear to work for me.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dennis Clark
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2021 10:37 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA 2021.2 is now available

 

Gene, I didn't know that. Thanks for letting me know.

Dennis

 

On 9/15/2021 10:17 AM, Gene wrote:

If you have that problem again, you can eliminate it by not just pressing enter on a link.  If you use shift engter, the page will open in a new window.  When you want to return to the previous page, using alt f4 closes the window and returns you to it.  You will be where you were because you never left the page and you never moved from your place.

 

Gene

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2021 11:51 AM

Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA 2021.2 is now available

 

Thanks Rui.

I'll give it a shot, though I think I know what may be wrong, so I will
try to fix the problem with my computer then try 2021.2 again. I did
notice that 2021.2 did fix what I viewed as a problem.

After doing a Google search then clicking on and item in the search
results, then alt left-arrowing back to the search results, I was placed
back at the top of the search list instead of the link I originally
clicked on. I'm confident that in earlier versions of NVDA this was not
the case, and this morning I did see that this now works again, which is
a major convenience.

Thanks for your help.

Dennis


On 9/15/2021 5:15 AM, Rui Fontes wrote:
> N
>
> o, you can use the NVDA 2021.1 installer.
>
> After installation configure it to do not verify updates automatically...
>
>
> Rui Fontes
>
>
> Às 12:54 de 15/09/2021, Dennis Clark escreveu:
>> Hello Rui,
>>
>> Unfortunately I have a very long day ahead of me with 2 important
>> calls scheduled concerning 2 websites hosted on different cloud
>> servers. We're trying to sort out a couple of issues with BuddyBoss
>> and LearnDash, and my computer can no longer even read the names of
>> files I am creating or renaming. As such the most efficient solution
>> for me will be to reinstall 2021.1 which was working pretty well for
>> me. My concern even if I can find 2021.1 is that when I try to
>> install it, that it will first check and discover a newer version
>> 2021.2 is available and will install 2021.2 instead of 2021.1.
>>
>>
>> I now have 1 hour and 10 minutes before my first scheduled call and
>> my computer for all practical purposes is down.
>>
>> Thanks for your interest.
>>
>>
>>
>> On 9/15/2021 4:34 AM, Rui Fontes wrote:
>>> Hello!
>>>
>>>
>>> First of all, can we know what is not working for you?
>>>
>>>
>>> Rui Fontes
>>>
>>>
>>> Às 12:13 de 15/09/2021, Dennis Clark escreveu:
>>>> Hello,
>>>>
>>>> Last evening I saw that NVDA had notified me that an update was
>>>> available and asked if I wanted to install it. I responded yes. Now
>>>> some critical features in windows 10 do not work. I need to quickly
>>>> move back to 2021.1. How can I accomplish this?
>>>>
>>>> Thanks
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On 9/15/2021 3:47 AM, zahra wrote:
>>>>> hi quentin.
>>>>> i appreciate your great work
>>>>> and wish to be in contact with you again!
>>>>>
>>>>> On 9/15/21, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...> wrote:
>>>>>> Thank you David!  We do appreciate your kind words, and indeed we do
>>>>>> certainly strive to deliver a product which is sturdy, robust, and
>>>>>> continually improving. :)
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Kind regards
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Quentin.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On Tue, Sep 14, 2021 at 1:43 PM David Goldfield
>>>>>> <david.goldfield@...>
>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> I would like to congratulate NV Access for releasing this update
>>>>>>> after
>>>>>>> only one beta and one RC build. Of course, more betas and more
>>>>>>> release
>>>>>>> candidates are absolutely fine and having them only means that
>>>>>>> more bugs
>>>>>>> were addressed prior to the official public release. Still, the
>>>>>>> fact that
>>>>>>> we only needed one of each is a testimony to the product’s overall
>>>>>>> stability and for its robust code. The good folks at NV Access
>>>>>>> deserve a
>>>>>>> celebration and I commend them for their great work and service
>>>>>>> to the
>>>>>>> community.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> David Goldfield,
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Blindness Assistive Technology Specialist
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> JAWS Certified, 2019
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Subscribe to the Tech-VI announcement list to receive emails
>>>>>>> regarding
>>>>>>> news and events in the blindness assistive technology field.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Email: tech-vi+subscribe@groups.io
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> www.DavidGoldfield.org
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> *From:* nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> *On Behalf Of
>>>>>>> *Quentin
>>>>>>> Christensen
>>>>>>> *Sent:* Monday, September 13, 2021 10:38 PM
>>>>>>> *To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io
>>>>>>> *Subject:* [nvda] NVDA 2021.2 is now available
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Hi everyone,
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> NV Access is pleased to announce that NVDA 2021.2 is now
>>>>>>> available for
>>>>>>> download. Featuring preliminary Windows 11 support, Updates to
>>>>>>> the COM
>>>>>>> Registration fixing tool eSpeak-NG, LibLouis, Braille & more! We
>>>>>>> encourage
>>>>>>> all users to upgrade to this version.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2021-2/
>>>>>>> <https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nvaccess.org%2Fpost%2Fnvda-2021-2%2F&data=04%7C01%7C%7C3397c80e389f47ae3d1308d97728b7d9%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637671839028647479%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=U23NnTWSlRKuuKrgKP%2FBoxx1Saej%2B9rg3jnpEzauO1E%3D&reserved=0>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Kind regards
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Quentin.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Quentin Christensen
>>>>>>> Training and Support Manager
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Web: www.nvaccess.org
>>>>>>> <https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nvaccess.org%2F&data=04%7C01%7C%7C3397c80e389f47ae3d1308d97728b7d9%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637671839028657435%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=owDlxGTftX%2BqT2sOoOeYzOQil3f5So9aFObEkCimUsk%3D&reserved=0>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
>>>>>>> <https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nvaccess.org%2Fshop%2F&data=04%7C01%7C%7C3397c80e389f47ae3d1308d97728b7d9%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637671839028657435%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=QUbwhZX48qi2B6zXjcWf3EXmZjtCMZAvhom%2BhP1XfQw%3D&reserved=0>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/
>>>>>>> <https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcertification.nvaccess.org%2F&data=04%7C01%7C%7C3397c80e389f47ae3d1308d97728b7d9%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637671839028667393%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=SH96M7UUkBdE71yGlp5tYzH14J%2Fl0wicXmbuXaoQGyo%3D&reserved=0>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
>>>>>>> <https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fnvda.groups.io%2Fg%2Fnvda&data=04%7C01%7C%7C3397c80e389f47ae3d1308d97728b7d9%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637671839028667393%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=J2sauBbVO2U5STX2Qr%2Fi95yXWYQ0f2%2FVZWR8YzPn1zc%3D&reserved=0>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
>>>>>>> <https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FNVAccess&data=04%7C01%7C%7C3397c80e389f47ae3d1308d97728b7d9%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637671839028677348%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=XksFv94ZZ39EjKX8%2BMrkC8zo0hf8QYAK29CXRT4ZZgA%3D&reserved=0>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Twitter: @NVAccess
>>>>>>> <https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FNVAccess&data=04%7C01%7C%7C3397c80e389f47ae3d1308d97728b7d9%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637671839028677348%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=jw7Eg4120qmIUgW54ZVx9Z6by7ZPWmNkfRM6rrTapcw%3D&reserved=0>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>> --
>>>>>> Quentin Christensen
>>>>>> Training and Support Manager
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Web: www.nvaccess.org
>>>>>> Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
>>>>>> Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/
>>>>>> User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
>>>>>> Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
>>>>>> Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
>




locked Re: regarding adding my voice as an variant of nvda

hurrikennyandopo ...
 

Hi  udit


If you are talking about making your own E speak voice you do not use your voice to record a sample of it. It is more playing around with certain parts of it like changing the tone etc then listening to it to see if it does what you want. There is a file in where all the voices are keaped called tweaky that will guide you on how to do it.


It might be different for the sapi version but have not tried it.


There is also a link here that is off one of my pages of where to look to find the E speak voices where they are keap.


Look for the headings that refer to E speak and they will show you where to look on the installer version as well as the portable version..


The link to this page is http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/how%20to%20install%20additional%20nvda%20components.html




I have put in the contents below for the tweaky file.


Yu can copy the content of the tweaky file into notepad then make some changes. But to hear the difference it must be put back into the folder where they are keap.


You can use notepad to play around with the settings.





##Please note the 2 number signs, or pound signs in this file are for comments to help you to understand what the settings are and how to set them. 
## Language sets the language of your voice.  This setting is required for every voice that you make.
##The next line is a setting you can change.  However if you don't know the language codes it may be best to leave the setting as it is.
language variant

## The name setting is the name that will show up in the voice settings in the variant combo box.
##The next line is a setting you can change
name Tweaky

##The formant settings
##  Formant 0 is used to give a low frequency component to the sounds.
## The three numbers are frequency, strength, and Width, in that order.  Please note, the numbers are seperated by a space.
##The next line is a setting you can change
formant 0 100 100 100

# Formants 1,2, and 3 are the standard three formants which define vowels.
##The next 3 lines are settings you can change
formant 1 100 100 100
formant 2 100 100 100
formant 3 200 100 100

# Formants 4,5 are higher than F3. They affect the quality of the voice.
##The next 2 lines are settings that you can change.
formant 4 100 100 100
formant 5 100 100 100

## Formants 6, 7, and 8 are weak, high frequency, additions to vowels to give a clearer sound.
##The next 3 lines are settings that you can change.
formant 6 100 100 100
formant 7 100 100 100
formant 8 100 100 100

##Intonation affects the rise and fall of the voice   
## The settings are 1 default, 2 less intonation, 3 less intonation and commas do not raise the pitch, 4 the pitch rises at the end of a sentence rather than falling.
##The next line is a setting you can change.
intonation 1

# Setting the pitch range.  The first number gives a base pitch to the voice (value in Hertz).  The second number controls the range of pitches used by the voice. Setting it equal
# to the first number will give a monotone sounding voice.  The default values are 82 and 118.
pitch 82 118
## The tone setting.  The first number on the setting line, 600, is the frequency setting for the amount of bass in the voice.
## The second number on the tone line is the volume of the bass frequency.  You can set it from 0 to 255, 0 being the least amount, 255 being the most.
##The third number on the tone line, 1200, is the mid range frequency.  The fourth number on the line is the setting to change the volume of the mid range frequency.
##0 being the least amount and 255 being the maximum.
## The fifth number on the tone line, 2000, is the treble frequency.  The sixth number is the volume of the treble frequency.  0 is the minimum and 255 is the maximum.
##  You will notice that all 3 frequencies are set to 255.
##The next line is a setting that you can change.
tone 600 255  1200 255 2000 255
##This file does not include all of the settings that can be used to modify an E Speak voice.  It is intended to get you familiar with what the settings do.
##However, you can go to http://espeak.sourceforge.net/voices.html and read further information about other settings that can be added and changed.  I hope this helps, and Have fun.



On 16/09/2021 4:28 am, udit pandey wrote:
hi group,
Hope that you all are in good health I wanted to know that can I add my voice for nvda eg. I can record my voice and then nvda have an variant of my name


Re: clickable element

 

On Wed, Sep 15, 2021 at 02:07 PM, farhan israk wrote:
How can I use virtual mouse?
-
Please look at the NVDA Commands Quick Reference, Navigating with the Mouse Section (which is about navigation and emulated clicking).

NVDA + N, H, Q
 
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.

         ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

 


Re: seeing entire file names in a torrent contents list in uTorrent

Steve Wettlaufer
 

It's a big chunk of the file name, including the extension.  The extension isn't the important part in this case though, it's the large missing chunks of the file names.

Steve

On 2021-09-15 2:10 p.m., Dave Grossoehme wrote:
Hi: Is it the extension of the file only, or is there more to the file name you are missing?  If it's the file extension only, then go to file explorer, then view, and turn off hide file extensions.

Dave


On 9/11/2021 1:13 PM, Steve Wettlaufer wrote:
Hi everybody,

I'm wanting to download only a few certain files from a very large torrent, but I'm running into a problem.  Going down the list with NVDA, I'm finding that the name of every single file is cut off and missing the exact information that I need to make my selections.  Is there anything I can do to expand that?  You can't resize the window and if there's another way to see that info I'm missing it.  Would appreciate any help anyone might have.

Thanks,

Steve








Re: seeing entire file names in a torrent contents list in uTorrent

Dave Grossoehme
 

Hi:  Is it the extension of the file only, or is there more to the file name you are missing?  If it's the file extension only, then go to file explorer, then view, and turn off hide file extensions.

Dave

On 9/11/2021 1:13 PM, Steve Wettlaufer wrote:
Hi everybody,

I'm wanting to download only a few certain files from a very large torrent, but I'm running into a problem.  Going down the list with NVDA, I'm finding that the name of every single file is cut off and missing the exact information that I need to make my selections.  Is there anything I can do to expand that?  You can't resize the window and if there's another way to see that info I'm missing it.  Would appreciate any help anyone might have.

Thanks,

Steve





Re: clickable element

farhan israk
 

Thank you. How can I use virtual mouse?


On Wed, 15 Sep 2021, 11:09 pm Gene, <gsasner@...> wrote:
What do you mean by element?  If you mean something that says clickable, use enter.  If enter doesn’t work, you can try other methods such as using the command NVDA key NVDA plus.  That is the desktop command, I don’t know the laptop one.  That performs the default action on a control. 
Or you can try clicking with the virtual mouse.
 
If you are asking about a button, use the space bar or the methods I discussed above.
 
Gene
-----Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2021 12:01 PM
Subject: [nvda] clickable element
 
I am using windows 10 21h1, latest google chrome and nvda 2021.2. How can I click a clickable element on a website?


Re: A Note of Appreciation on NVDA and Foreign Languages

Dave Grossoehme
 

Hi:  You might try different search engines.  You might receive different responses.  If so, you might hit on something that could help from this information.  I have found duckduckgo or startpage will give information that Googgle doesn't give you for what you see.  At times wording your search with fewer details, and at other times you need more detail.  Good luck.

Dave


On 9/11/2021 9:08 AM, Jujube wrote:
Hi Jessica, I'll try my best to help but I unfortunately don't have all the answers.

My Mom taught me Mandarin braille years ago by googling resources online. I honestly don't know what she used since she was so young but doing a google search wouldn't hurt. I'm also not familiar with Mandarin or Japanese DAISY services as I never ever use them.

On Sat, Sep 11, 2021 at 8:14 AM Jessica Glasco <jessicaglasco2015@...> wrote:


jessicaglasco2015@....

On Sep 11, 2021, at 00:39, Clement Chou <chou.clement@...> wrote:

Can confirm as a Chinese speaker as well! Typing works great for the
most part, though choosing candidates in the IME can be a little
wonky, and some synthesizers react oddly to punctuation and the like.
But for the most part, foreign language support in NVDA, in Mandarin
and Japanese which are the languages I primarily use, is fantastic!
Not without its kinks, but certainly more than usable. 
-
Hello, I'm Jessica Glasco.  I'm totally blind, and I love NVDA.  I have 2 braille displays.  
I'd love to try and learn Japanese and Chinese braille.  That'll be quite interesting.  
I love  foreign languages of both braille and sign language learn foreign languages of  braille.   
I'll always love NVDA.  
You can feel free to contact me anytime. I was also wondering if there were Chinese Daisy online services I could add or turn on on my Victor Reader Stream new generation. It has wifi capabilities and online services. It's fun to learn.


Re: NVDA 2021.2 is now available

Dennis Clark
 

Gene, I didn't know that. Thanks for letting me know.

Dennis


On 9/15/2021 10:17 AM, Gene wrote:
If you have that problem again, you can eliminate it by not just pressing enter on a link.  If you use shift engter, the page will open in a new window.  When you want to return to the previous page, using alt f4 closes the window and returns you to it.  You will be where you were because you never left the page and you never moved from your place.
 
Gene
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2021 11:51 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA 2021.2 is now available
 
Thanks Rui.

I'll give it a shot, though I think I know what may be wrong, so I will
try to fix the problem with my computer then try 2021.2 again. I did
notice that 2021.2 did fix what I viewed as a problem.

After doing a Google search then clicking on and item in the search
results, then alt left-arrowing back to the search results, I was placed
back at the top of the search list instead of the link I originally
clicked on. I'm confident that in earlier versions of NVDA this was not
the case, and this morning I did see that this now works again, which is
a major convenience.

Thanks for your help.

Dennis


On 9/15/2021 5:15 AM, Rui Fontes wrote:
> N
>
> o, you can use the NVDA 2021.1 installer.
>
> After installation configure it to do not verify updates automatically...
>
>
> Rui Fontes
>
>
> Às 12:54 de 15/09/2021, Dennis Clark escreveu:
>> Hello Rui,
>>
>> Unfortunately I have a very long day ahead of me with 2 important
>> calls scheduled concerning 2 websites hosted on different cloud
>> servers. We're trying to sort out a couple of issues with BuddyBoss
>> and LearnDash, and my computer can no longer even read the names of
>> files I am creating or renaming. As such the most efficient solution
>> for me will be to reinstall 2021.1 which was working pretty well for
>> me. My concern even if I can find 2021.1 is that when I try to
>> install it, that it will first check and discover a newer version
>> 2021.2 is available and will install 2021.2 instead of 2021.1.
>>
>>
>> I now have 1 hour and 10 minutes before my first scheduled call and
>> my computer for all practical purposes is down.
>>
>> Thanks for your interest.
>>
>>
>>
>> On 9/15/2021 4:34 AM, Rui Fontes wrote:
>>> Hello!
>>>
>>>
>>> First of all, can we know what is not working for you?
>>>
>>>
>>> Rui Fontes
>>>
>>>
>>> Às 12:13 de 15/09/2021, Dennis Clark escreveu:
>>>> Hello,
>>>>
>>>> Last evening I saw that NVDA had notified me that an update was
>>>> available and asked if I wanted to install it. I responded yes. Now
>>>> some critical features in windows 10 do not work. I need to quickly
>>>> move back to 2021.1. How can I accomplish this?
>>>>
>>>> Thanks
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On 9/15/2021 3:47 AM, zahra wrote:
>>>>> hi quentin.
>>>>> i appreciate your great work
>>>>> and wish to be in contact with you again!
>>>>>
>>>>> On 9/15/21, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...> wrote:
>>>>>> Thank you David!  We do appreciate your kind words, and indeed we do
>>>>>> certainly strive to deliver a product which is sturdy, robust, and
>>>>>> continually improving. :)
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Kind regards
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Quentin.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On Tue, Sep 14, 2021 at 1:43 PM David Goldfield
>>>>>> <david.goldfield@...>
>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> I would like to congratulate NV Access for releasing this update
>>>>>>> after
>>>>>>> only one beta and one RC build. Of course, more betas and more
>>>>>>> release
>>>>>>> candidates are absolutely fine and having them only means that
>>>>>>> more bugs
>>>>>>> were addressed prior to the official public release. Still, the
>>>>>>> fact that
>>>>>>> we only needed one of each is a testimony to the product’s overall
>>>>>>> stability and for its robust code. The good folks at NV Access
>>>>>>> deserve a
>>>>>>> celebration and I commend them for their great work and service
>>>>>>> to the
>>>>>>> community.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> David Goldfield,
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Blindness Assistive Technology Specialist
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> JAWS Certified, 2019
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Subscribe to the Tech-VI announcement list to receive emails
>>>>>>> regarding
>>>>>>> news and events in the blindness assistive technology field.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Email: tech-vi+subscribe@groups.io
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> www.DavidGoldfield.org
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> *From:* nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> *On Behalf Of
>>>>>>> *Quentin
>>>>>>> Christensen
>>>>>>> *Sent:* Monday, September 13, 2021 10:38 PM
>>>>>>> *To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io
>>>>>>> *Subject:* [nvda] NVDA 2021.2 is now available
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Hi everyone,
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> NV Access is pleased to announce that NVDA 2021.2 is now
>>>>>>> available for
>>>>>>> download. Featuring preliminary Windows 11 support, Updates to
>>>>>>> the COM
>>>>>>> Registration fixing tool eSpeak-NG, LibLouis, Braille & more! We
>>>>>>> encourage
>>>>>>> all users to upgrade to this version.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2021-2/
>>>>>>> <https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nvaccess.org%2Fpost%2Fnvda-2021-2%2F&data=04%7C01%7C%7C3397c80e389f47ae3d1308d97728b7d9%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637671839028647479%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=U23NnTWSlRKuuKrgKP%2FBoxx1Saej%2B9rg3jnpEzauO1E%3D&reserved=0>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Kind regards
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Quentin.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Quentin Christensen
>>>>>>> Training and Support Manager
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Web: www.nvaccess.org
>>>>>>> <https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nvaccess.org%2F&data=04%7C01%7C%7C3397c80e389f47ae3d1308d97728b7d9%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637671839028657435%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=owDlxGTftX%2BqT2sOoOeYzOQil3f5So9aFObEkCimUsk%3D&reserved=0>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
>>>>>>> <https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nvaccess.org%2Fshop%2F&data=04%7C01%7C%7C3397c80e389f47ae3d1308d97728b7d9%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637671839028657435%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=QUbwhZX48qi2B6zXjcWf3EXmZjtCMZAvhom%2BhP1XfQw%3D&reserved=0>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/
>>>>>>> <https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcertification.nvaccess.org%2F&data=04%7C01%7C%7C3397c80e389f47ae3d1308d97728b7d9%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637671839028667393%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=SH96M7UUkBdE71yGlp5tYzH14J%2Fl0wicXmbuXaoQGyo%3D&reserved=0>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
>>>>>>> <https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fnvda.groups.io%2Fg%2Fnvda&data=04%7C01%7C%7C3397c80e389f47ae3d1308d97728b7d9%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637671839028667393%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=J2sauBbVO2U5STX2Qr%2Fi95yXWYQ0f2%2FVZWR8YzPn1zc%3D&reserved=0>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
>>>>>>> <https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FNVAccess&data=04%7C01%7C%7C3397c80e389f47ae3d1308d97728b7d9%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637671839028677348%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=XksFv94ZZ39EjKX8%2BMrkC8zo0hf8QYAK29CXRT4ZZgA%3D&reserved=0>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Twitter: @NVAccess
>>>>>>> <https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FNVAccess&data=04%7C01%7C%7C3397c80e389f47ae3d1308d97728b7d9%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637671839028677348%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=jw7Eg4120qmIUgW54ZVx9Z6by7ZPWmNkfRM6rrTapcw%3D&reserved=0>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>> --
>>>>>> Quentin Christensen
>>>>>> Training and Support Manager
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Web: www.nvaccess.org
>>>>>> Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
>>>>>> Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/
>>>>>> User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
>>>>>> Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
>>>>>> Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
>





Re: NVDA 2021.2 is now available

Gene
 

If you have that problem again, you can eliminate it by not just pressing enter on a link.  If you use shift engter, the page will open in a new window.  When you want to return to the previous page, using alt f4 closes the window and returns you to it.  You will be where you were because you never left the page and you never moved from your place.
 
Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2021 11:51 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA 2021.2 is now available
 
Thanks Rui.

I'll give it a shot, though I think I know what may be wrong, so I will
try to fix the problem with my computer then try 2021.2 again. I did
notice that 2021.2 did fix what I viewed as a problem.

After doing a Google search then clicking on and item in the search
results, then alt left-arrowing back to the search results, I was placed
back at the top of the search list instead of the link I originally
clicked on. I'm confident that in earlier versions of NVDA this was not
the case, and this morning I did see that this now works again, which is
a major convenience.

Thanks for your help.

Dennis


On 9/15/2021 5:15 AM, Rui Fontes wrote:
> N
>
> o, you can use the NVDA 2021.1 installer.
>
> After installation configure it to do not verify updates automatically...
>
>
> Rui Fontes
>
>
> Às 12:54 de 15/09/2021, Dennis Clark escreveu:
>> Hello Rui,
>>
>> Unfortunately I have a very long day ahead of me with 2 important
>> calls scheduled concerning 2 websites hosted on different cloud
>> servers. We're trying to sort out a couple of issues with BuddyBoss
>> and LearnDash, and my computer can no longer even read the names of
>> files I am creating or renaming. As such the most efficient solution
>> for me will be to reinstall 2021.1 which was working pretty well for
>> me. My concern even if I can find 2021.1 is that when I try to
>> install it, that it will first check and discover a newer version
>> 2021.2 is available and will install 2021.2 instead of 2021.1.
>>
>>
>> I now have 1 hour and 10 minutes before my first scheduled call and
>> my computer for all practical purposes is down.
>>
>> Thanks for your interest.
>>
>>
>>
>> On 9/15/2021 4:34 AM, Rui Fontes wrote:
>>> Hello!
>>>
>>>
>>> First of all, can we know what is not working for you?
>>>
>>>
>>> Rui Fontes
>>>
>>>
>>> Às 12:13 de 15/09/2021, Dennis Clark escreveu:
>>>> Hello,
>>>>
>>>> Last evening I saw that NVDA had notified me that an update was
>>>> available and asked if I wanted to install it. I responded yes. Now
>>>> some critical features in windows 10 do not work. I need to quickly
>>>> move back to 2021.1. How can I accomplish this?
>>>>
>>>> Thanks
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On 9/15/2021 3:47 AM, zahra wrote:
>>>>> hi quentin.
>>>>> i appreciate your great work
>>>>> and wish to be in contact with you again!
>>>>>
>>>>> On 9/15/21, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...> wrote:
>>>>>> Thank you David!  We do appreciate your kind words, and indeed we do
>>>>>> certainly strive to deliver a product which is sturdy, robust, and
>>>>>> continually improving. :)
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Kind regards
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Quentin.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On Tue, Sep 14, 2021 at 1:43 PM David Goldfield
>>>>>> <david.goldfield@...>
>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> I would like to congratulate NV Access for releasing this update
>>>>>>> after
>>>>>>> only one beta and one RC build. Of course, more betas and more
>>>>>>> release
>>>>>>> candidates are absolutely fine and having them only means that
>>>>>>> more bugs
>>>>>>> were addressed prior to the official public release. Still, the
>>>>>>> fact that
>>>>>>> we only needed one of each is a testimony to the product’s overall
>>>>>>> stability and for its robust code. The good folks at NV Access
>>>>>>> deserve a
>>>>>>> celebration and I commend them for their great work and service
>>>>>>> to the
>>>>>>> community.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> David Goldfield,
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Blindness Assistive Technology Specialist
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> JAWS Certified, 2019
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Subscribe to the Tech-VI announcement list to receive emails
>>>>>>> regarding
>>>>>>> news and events in the blindness assistive technology field.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Email: tech-vi+subscribe@groups.io
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> www.DavidGoldfield.org
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> *From:* nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> *On Behalf Of
>>>>>>> *Quentin
>>>>>>> Christensen
>>>>>>> *Sent:* Monday, September 13, 2021 10:38 PM
>>>>>>> *To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io
>>>>>>> *Subject:* [nvda] NVDA 2021.2 is now available
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Hi everyone,
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> NV Access is pleased to announce that NVDA 2021.2 is now
>>>>>>> available for
>>>>>>> download. Featuring preliminary Windows 11 support, Updates to
>>>>>>> the COM
>>>>>>> Registration fixing tool eSpeak-NG, LibLouis, Braille & more! We
>>>>>>> encourage
>>>>>>> all users to upgrade to this version.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2021-2/
>>>>>>> <https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nvaccess.org%2Fpost%2Fnvda-2021-2%2F&data=04%7C01%7C%7C3397c80e389f47ae3d1308d97728b7d9%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637671839028647479%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=U23NnTWSlRKuuKrgKP%2FBoxx1Saej%2B9rg3jnpEzauO1E%3D&reserved=0>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Kind regards
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Quentin.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Quentin Christensen
>>>>>>> Training and Support Manager
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Web: www.nvaccess.org
>>>>>>> <https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nvaccess.org%2F&data=04%7C01%7C%7C3397c80e389f47ae3d1308d97728b7d9%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637671839028657435%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=owDlxGTftX%2BqT2sOoOeYzOQil3f5So9aFObEkCimUsk%3D&reserved=0>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
>>>>>>> <https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nvaccess.org%2Fshop%2F&data=04%7C01%7C%7C3397c80e389f47ae3d1308d97728b7d9%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637671839028657435%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=QUbwhZX48qi2B6zXjcWf3EXmZjtCMZAvhom%2BhP1XfQw%3D&reserved=0>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/
>>>>>>> <https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcertification.nvaccess.org%2F&data=04%7C01%7C%7C3397c80e389f47ae3d1308d97728b7d9%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637671839028667393%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=SH96M7UUkBdE71yGlp5tYzH14J%2Fl0wicXmbuXaoQGyo%3D&reserved=0>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
>>>>>>> <https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fnvda.groups.io%2Fg%2Fnvda&data=04%7C01%7C%7C3397c80e389f47ae3d1308d97728b7d9%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637671839028667393%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=J2sauBbVO2U5STX2Qr%2Fi95yXWYQ0f2%2FVZWR8YzPn1zc%3D&reserved=0>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
>>>>>>> <https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FNVAccess&data=04%7C01%7C%7C3397c80e389f47ae3d1308d97728b7d9%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637671839028677348%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=XksFv94ZZ39EjKX8%2BMrkC8zo0hf8QYAK29CXRT4ZZgA%3D&reserved=0>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Twitter: @NVAccess
>>>>>>> <https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FNVAccess&data=04%7C01%7C%7C3397c80e389f47ae3d1308d97728b7d9%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637671839028677348%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=jw7Eg4120qmIUgW54ZVx9Z6by7ZPWmNkfRM6rrTapcw%3D&reserved=0>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>> --
>>>>>> Quentin Christensen
>>>>>> Training and Support Manager
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Web: www.nvaccess.org
>>>>>> Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
>>>>>> Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/
>>>>>> User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
>>>>>> Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
>>>>>> Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
>





locked Re: regarding adding my voice as an variant of nvda

udit pandey
 

quentin sir understanded my question may bee he can explain here better


On Wed, 15 Sept 2021 at 22:12, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:
Udit,

Not that I am aware of.   Are you trying to get NVDA to pronounce your name correctly?   If so, it would probably be easier to do that by playing with the default dictionary, or, if you use various voices that "screw up" your name differently, the respective voice dictionaries, to get a substitution string used that actually gets pronounced correctly.

I'm doing a SWAG here, but you could have it say Udit as something like You dit or You deet or Ooh dit or Ooh deet.  I've had to play with all sorts of tricks to get various synths to pronounce names correctly.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.

         ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

 



--
hope that you all are safe with your family,
 udit
follow me on instagram: udit@pandey123
mail me on gmail at udit52805@...
or outlook me at uditpandey6474@outlook
we should not never speak bad, we should never see bad, and we should never lisson bad


Re: clickable element

Gene
 

What do you mean by element?  If you mean something that says clickable, use enter.  If enter doesn’t work, you can try other methods such as using the command NVDA key NVDA plus.  That is the desktop command, I don’t know the laptop one.  That performs the default action on a control. 
Or you can try clicking with the virtual mouse.
 
If you are asking about a button, use the space bar or the methods I discussed above.
 
Gene

-----Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2021 12:01 PM
Subject: [nvda] clickable element
 
I am using windows 10 21h1, latest google chrome and nvda 2021.2. How can I click a clickable element on a website?


Re: clickable element

Rui Fontes
 

Normally, with Enter or SpaceBar.


Rui Fontes


Às 18:01 de 15/09/2021, farhan israk escreveu:

I am using windows 10 21h1, latest google chrome and nvda 2021.2. How can I click a clickable element on a website?


clickable element

farhan israk
 

I am using windows 10 21h1, latest google chrome and nvda 2021.2. How can I click a clickable element on a website?

11941 - 11960 of 99508