Date   

NVDA Configuration Profiles

Lexi
 

Hello everyone, can someone please explain to me what an NVDA profile is and how they work? Can you all also explain how to create a profile in NVDA? I'm still not the best at using NVDA. So detail is key I think. Thank you all in advance.--
Please be blessed and be safe. Thank you,
Lexi


Re: NVDA announcing teams alerts

Martin J. Dürst <duerst@...>
 

On 2022-01-22 12:24, Gene via groups.io wrote:
There is no reason to believe sighted people get tired of seeing it. They can ignore the display if they want.  Sight is not necessarily analogous to sound.  A stock ticker on a web page, if a screen-=-reader constantly speaks the updates would be so distracting and interfere so much with listening to other content that the page couldn't be used.  A sighted person can simply not look at the ticker.
That's true to a very large extent. But sighted people are quite sensitive to visual movement. So if the stock ticker is mostly not changing, there's not much distraction. But if it's changing all the time, and especially if it's changing strongly or in unexpected ways, then it can be really quite distracting.

Regards, Martin.


Re: NVDA add-on CloudVision

harshad solanki
 

could anybody explain, how to use it?

On 20/01/2022, juergenkohler23@... <juergenkohler23@...> wrote:
Hello alexey,

I have also tested your new addon version in the meantime. However, it does
not work for me. I don't get any message announced.
With the old version, the image recognition on the internet worked, i.e. it
is probably due to the navigator object.
If anyone else has a tip on how the new version works, I would be very
grateful!






Re: NVDA announcing teams alerts

Gene
 

There is no reason to believe sighted people get tired of seeing it.  They can ignore the display if they want.  Sight is not necessarily analogous to sound.  A stock ticker on a web page, if a screen-=-reader constantly speaks the updates would be so distracting and interfere so much with listening to other content that the page couldn't be used.  A sighted person can simply not look at the ticker. 


the interesting thing about the thread is that it sounds as though speech is heard whether you are in the program Window or not.  If you are in the Power Point Window, it sounds as though you still hear the notifications.  This should be something the user can control and I hope it is made possible.


Gene

On 1/21/2022 9:14 PM, Arlene wrote:

You know, I never even thought of that.  If you do power point or other things. There should be a way to stop any screen reader from reading who comes and goes.  I’m sure the sighted folk get tired of seeing that on the screen that’s why the screen reader announces that. 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows

 

From: Pranav Lal
Sent: January 21, 2022 5:46 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA announcing teams alerts

 

Hi all,

 

Turning off speech is not a viable solution in many cases. I sometimes need to type into chat and at times, swap to another program like powerpoint. We need a better solution.

 

Pranav

 


Re: NVDA announcing teams alerts

Arlene
 

You know, I never even thought of that.  If you do power point or other things. There should be a way to stop any screen reader from reading who comes and goes.  I’m sure the sighted folk get tired of seeing that on the screen that’s why the screen reader announces that. 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows

 

From: Pranav Lal
Sent: January 21, 2022 5:46 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA announcing teams alerts

 

Hi all,

 

Turning off speech is not a viable solution in many cases. I sometimes need to type into chat and at times, swap to another program like powerpoint. We need a better solution.

 

Pranav

 


Re: NVDA announcing teams alerts

Pranav Lal
 

Hi all,

 

Turning off speech is not a viable solution in many cases. I sometimes need to type into chat and at times, swap to another program like powerpoint. We need a better solution.

 

Pranav


Re: new addon: NVDA Advanced OCR.

Rui Fontes
 

NAO is based in Windows OCR and is develloped by a italian team, with better programing knowledge...

You can download it from:

https://nvda-nao.org/download


The one develloped by portuguese team is NAPS, using Tesseract OCR and allowing to use a scanner to make OCR from a letter, magazin and so on...


Rui Fontes

NVDA portuguese team


Às 21:42 de 21/01/2022, Sylwek Piekarski escreveu:

Hello!


Where can I download the NVDA Advanced OCR that Rui Fontes used to provide

thank you and best regards - Sylwek



W dniu 08.12.2021 o 16:44, Rui Fontes pisze:
Hello!

You can get it at:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ez2r125eilvhzi9/NAPS2TesseractOCR_1.0.nvda-addon?dl=1


Comands:

NVDA+Shift+R to recognize a image file;

NVDA+Control+Shift+R to recognize from scanner.


Rui Fontes

NVDA portuguese team


Às 14:02 de 08/12/2021, Mobeen Iqbal escreveu:
Hi.

This certainly sounds like an excellent add-on. Does anyone know if there is a similar add-on or function to scan directly from twain scanners or cameras? That is the 1 missing function in my humble opinion.

Very best wishes,

Mo.


On 08/12/2021 11:24, Cearbhall O'Meadhra wrote:
Hi, Simone,

This is n excellent piece of work! I have just tried the add-on with a bank statement in bitmap form file in my Downloads folder. It works like a dream!
Yesterday, I tried to read the same file by using NVDA + r to OCR the Adobe screen displaying the statement. This gave me only a partial read of the contents. I am sure this was limited by the way Adobe was displaying the image.

Just now, I pointed to the closed file in my downloads folder and press NVDA+shift+r and, almost instantly, a crisp, clear version of the statement page appeared without all the material that complicated the Adobe-based image.

Many thanks to you and to the developer team and for sharing this great tool!


All the best,

Cearbhall

m +353 (0)833323487 Ph: _353 (0)1-2864623 e: cearbhall.omeadhra@...


-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Simone Dal Maso
Sent: Wednesday, December 8, 2021 9:10 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] new addon: NVDA Advanced OCR.

Hello,

I am part of a developer team of a new addon.


I'd like to inform you that yesterday  we published the first version of Nao, NVDA Advanced OCR.

I paste the little readme file and at last I put the link for download.

Feedback and suggestions are welcome!


Nao is an addon that improves the standard OCR capabilities that NVDA provides on modern Windows versions. While NVDA standard command uses Windows OCR to recognize the screen, NAO is able to make the OCR on files saved on your hard drive or USB devices. Use NVDA-Shift-R to recognize any sorts of images and pdf! Simply put the focus / cursor on the file you desire, don't open it, but hit NVDA-Shift-r. The document will be recognized and a simple text editfield will appear, allowing you to read the entire content. Nao is able to handle also multipage pdf, so if you have a not accessible document, don't worry, Windows OCR will be able to make yhr entire work.


System Requirements
The addon works on Windows 10 and Windows 11 systems, since they have OCR capabilities builtin. Nao is compatible from NVDA version 2021.2, so don't use older versions of the screen reader. Note that Nao works with Windows Explorer, on desktop, or with Total Commander filemanager; don't use other software like 7zip or Winrar , since they are not supported.

Features and commands
• NVDA + Shift + R: recognize any sorts of images and pdf from file system; ◦ PgUp / PgDown: move the cursor between real pages of a multipages document.
◦ NVDA + Shift + P: report page number related to the cursor position, in a multipage document.
• NVDA + Shift + Ctrl + R: take a full screen shot and recognize it.


Github repository:

https://github.com/sharkboyto/nao

Latest version:

https://github.com/sharkboyto/nao/releases/download/v_2021.1.07/nao-2021.1.07.nvda-addon







--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus














Re: new addon: NVDA Advanced OCR.

Sylwek Piekarski
 

Hello!


Where can I download the NVDA Advanced OCR that Rui Fontes used to provide

thank you and best regards - Sylwek



W dniu 08.12.2021 o 16:44, Rui Fontes pisze:

Hello!

You can get it at:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ez2r125eilvhzi9/NAPS2TesseractOCR_1.0.nvda-addon?dl=1


Comands:

NVDA+Shift+R to recognize a image file;

NVDA+Control+Shift+R to recognize from scanner.


Rui Fontes

NVDA portuguese team


Às 14:02 de 08/12/2021, Mobeen Iqbal escreveu:
Hi.

This certainly sounds like an excellent add-on. Does anyone know if there is a similar add-on or function to scan directly from twain scanners or cameras? That is the 1 missing function in my humble opinion.

Very best wishes,

Mo.


On 08/12/2021 11:24, Cearbhall O'Meadhra wrote:
Hi, Simone,

This is n excellent piece of work! I have just tried the add-on with a bank statement in bitmap form file in my Downloads folder. It works like a dream!
Yesterday, I tried to read the same file by using NVDA + r to OCR the Adobe screen displaying the statement. This gave me only a partial read of the contents. I am sure this was limited by the way Adobe was displaying the image.

Just now, I pointed to the closed file in my downloads folder and press NVDA+shift+r and, almost instantly, a crisp, clear version of the statement page appeared without all the material that complicated the Adobe-based image.

Many thanks to you and to the developer team and for sharing this great tool!


All the best,

Cearbhall

m +353 (0)833323487 Ph: _353 (0)1-2864623 e: cearbhall.omeadhra@...


-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Simone Dal Maso
Sent: Wednesday, December 8, 2021 9:10 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] new addon: NVDA Advanced OCR.

Hello,

I am part of a developer team of a new addon.


I'd like to inform you that yesterday  we published the first version of Nao, NVDA Advanced OCR.

I paste the little readme file and at last I put the link for download.

Feedback and suggestions are welcome!


Nao is an addon that improves the standard OCR capabilities that NVDA provides on modern Windows versions. While NVDA standard command uses Windows OCR to recognize the screen, NAO is able to make the OCR on files saved on your hard drive or USB devices. Use NVDA-Shift-R to recognize any sorts of images and pdf! Simply put the focus / cursor on the file you desire, don't open it, but hit NVDA-Shift-r. The document will be recognized and a simple text editfield will appear, allowing you to read the entire content. Nao is able to handle also multipage pdf, so if you have a not accessible document, don't worry, Windows OCR will be able to make yhr entire work.


System Requirements
The addon works on Windows 10 and Windows 11 systems, since they have OCR capabilities builtin. Nao is compatible from NVDA version 2021.2, so don't use older versions of the screen reader. Note that Nao works with Windows Explorer, on desktop, or with Total Commander filemanager; don't use other software like 7zip or Winrar , since they are not supported.

Features and commands
• NVDA + Shift + R: recognize any sorts of images and pdf from file system; ◦ PgUp / PgDown: move the cursor between real pages of a multipages document.
◦ NVDA + Shift + P: report page number related to the cursor position, in a multipage document.
• NVDA + Shift + Ctrl + R: take a full screen shot and recognize it.


Github repository:

https://github.com/sharkboyto/nao

Latest version:

https://github.com/sharkboyto/nao/releases/download/v_2021.1.07/nao-2021.1.07.nvda-addon







--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus











Re: NVDA announcing Capital letters

Sarah k Alawami
 

Actually the main reason I do that as because I have virtual devices I use. If one of them barfs, I’m left speechless. So I always set my device in nvda to a hardware device as a safety net. I do hear the beeps through my hardware device btw.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Friday, January 21, 2022 1:03 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA announcing Capital letters

 

I have my device set to the default and I still hear the beeps through my onboard sound. 

 

Gene

On 1/21/2022 2:59 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

No need. If you set your device to your headphones and not default you will hear beeps. IE, set the device in nvda to something other than default.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Steve Nutt
Sent: Friday, January 21, 2022 8:53 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA announcing Capital letters

 

I think this is because the beep option unhelpfully comes through the PC speaker, instead of your soundcard.

 

Some PCs don’t have a PC speaker any more, so the beep sound won’t work for them.

 

I think this should be changed in NVDA.

 

All the best


Steve

 

--

To subscribe to our News and Special Offers list, go to https://www.comproom.co.uk/subscribe

 

Computer Room Services

77 Exeter Close

Stevenage

Hertfordshire

SG1 4PW

T: +44(0)1438-742286

M: +44(0)7956-334938

F: +44(0)1438-759589

E: steve@...

W: https://www.comproom.co.uk

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marilyn and Don Bilderback
Sent: 20 January 2022 06:18
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA announcing Capital letters

 

Hello,

I have the beep option checked but I get no sound when I type.

 I try to use the tone option, but   can’t seem to choose the   right numbers so I can use that method. I don’t hear   any change in tone when caps are typed.

 

I do not like the word caps spoken as I can’t hear what I am typing.    What am I missing?

Marilynn


Re: NVDA announcing teams alerts

Hai Nguyen Ly
 

Good afternoon:

Based on the Microsoft 365 roadmap for Teams at the following link, this functionality should be arriving sometime in February. It’s not entirely clear whether this will also cover the types of alerts that you reference in your message, however I”m hopeful as this functionality exists in Zoom.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=&searchterms=87452

In the meantime, the following article outlines some step-by-step instructions for controlling your notifications and sounds in Teams using methods that are currently available.
 
Hai


Re: NVDA announcing Capital letters

Gene
 

I have my device set to the default and I still hear the beeps through my onboard sound. 


Gene

On 1/21/2022 2:59 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

No need. If you set your device to your headphones and not default you will hear beeps. IE, set the device in nvda to something other than default.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Steve Nutt
Sent: Friday, January 21, 2022 8:53 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA announcing Capital letters

 

I think this is because the beep option unhelpfully comes through the PC speaker, instead of your soundcard.

 

Some PCs don’t have a PC speaker any more, so the beep sound won’t work for them.

 

I think this should be changed in NVDA.

 

All the best


Steve

 

--

To subscribe to our News and Special Offers list, go to https://www.comproom.co.uk/subscribe

 

Computer Room Services

77 Exeter Close

Stevenage

Hertfordshire

SG1 4PW

T: +44(0)1438-742286

M: +44(0)7956-334938

F: +44(0)1438-759589

E: steve@...

W: https://www.comproom.co.uk

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marilyn and Don Bilderback
Sent: 20 January 2022 06:18
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA announcing Capital letters

 

Hello,

I have the beep option checked but I get no sound when I type.

 I try to use the tone option, but   can’t seem to choose the   right numbers so I can use that method. I don’t hear   any change in tone when caps are typed.

 

I do not like the word caps spoken as I can’t hear what I am typing.    What am I missing?

Marilynn


Re: NVDA announcing Capital letters

Sarah k Alawami
 

No need. If you set your device to your headphones and not default you will hear beeps. IE, set the device in nvda to something other than default.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Steve Nutt
Sent: Friday, January 21, 2022 8:53 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA announcing Capital letters

 

I think this is because the beep option unhelpfully comes through the PC speaker, instead of your soundcard.

 

Some PCs don’t have a PC speaker any more, so the beep sound won’t work for them.

 

I think this should be changed in NVDA.

 

All the best


Steve

 

--

To subscribe to our News and Special Offers list, go to https://www.comproom.co.uk/subscribe

 

Computer Room Services

77 Exeter Close

Stevenage

Hertfordshire

SG1 4PW

T: +44(0)1438-742286

M: +44(0)7956-334938

F: +44(0)1438-759589

E: steve@...

W: https://www.comproom.co.uk

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marilyn and Don Bilderback
Sent: 20 January 2022 06:18
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA announcing Capital letters

 

Hello,

I have the beep option checked but I get no sound when I type.

 I try to use the tone option, but   can’t seem to choose the   right numbers so I can use that method. I don’t hear   any change in tone when caps are typed.

 

I do not like the word caps spoken as I can’t hear what I am typing.    What am I missing?

Marilynn


Re: NVDA announcing teams alerts

Sarah k Alawami
 

If you want to turn off speech in nvda you can hit nvda plus s (laptop mode) to cycle through the choices, or listen to the beeps, they are not that  bad.

 

Good luck.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Arlene
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2022 10:33 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA announcing teams alerts

 

Hi Sharon and Sarah, what I did was exit NVDa while I was in a meeting. When I wanted out I would start it or Jaws to exit the meeting. I myself would just go into the settings and find all this out. I’ve used my I pad to go into a meeting and just double tap to turn off speech. I prefer using the I pad for those kinds of meetings. Each to their own.  If I use this computer I exit the screen reader so I do not hear so and so entered the room or left.  Same with the I phone. I just double tap and that turns off speech. I don’t know how you’d do it on a tablet that’s not apple.  Or google phone.    

 

Sent from Mail for Windows

 

From: Sharad Koirala
Sent: January 20, 2022 9:13 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA announcing teams alerts

 

hi friends

greetings from Nepal,

 

can we stop nvda from announcing the ms teams alerts while we are in a meeting?

 

thank you,

--

Dr. Sharad Koirala

Lecturer

Department of Community Medicine

Gandaki Medical College, Pokhara, Nepal

 

 

 

 

 


Re: NVDA announcing Capital letters

Don H
 

Is there any difference between the NVDA vocalizer/eloquince addon from
Code factory and the one from Tiflotecnia

On 1/21/2022 12:07 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Fri, Jan 21, 2022 at 01:02 PM, Don H wrote:

Nothing changed.

-
Well, if you've checked the NVDA speech log, and it is not sending "Cap"
prior to the letter to the synth when reading letter by letter and
encountering a capital, it seems well nigh impossible that it's not
related to the synth.

Mind you, it could be an idiosyncratic corruption in that software.  But
if you've already done the equivalent of an uninstall/reinstall on that,
there's not much more you can do.

If they won't believe there's an issue when the speech log shows that
what's being sent to the synth doesn't match what it's actually saying,
I don't know what could.
--

Brian -Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044

*/The instinctive need to be the member of a closely-knit group fighting
for common ideals may grow so strong that it becomes inessential what
these ideals are./*

*/       ~/*Konrad Lorenz (1903-1989)


Re: NVDA announcing Capital letters

 

On Fri, Jan 21, 2022 at 01:02 PM, Don H wrote:
Nothing changed.
-
Well, if you've checked the NVDA speech log, and it is not sending "Cap" prior to the letter to the synth when reading letter by letter and encountering a capital, it seems well nigh impossible that it's not related to the synth.

Mind you, it could be an idiosyncratic corruption in that software.  But if you've already done the equivalent of an uninstall/reinstall on that, there's not much more you can do.

If they won't believe there's an issue when the speech log shows that what's being sent to the synth doesn't match what it's actually saying, I don't know what could.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044  

The instinctive need to be the member of a closely-knit group fighting for common ideals may grow so strong that it becomes inessential what these ideals are.

       ~ Konrad Lorenz (1903-1989)

 


Re: NVDA announcing Capital letters

Don H
 

I followed the suggestion and unregistered the code factory package,
uninstalled NVDA including removal of all remaining NVDA folders then
did a complete reinstall of NVDA, all desired addons and the code
factory vocalizer/eloquince addon. Nothing changed.

On 1/21/2022 11:56 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Fri, Jan 21, 2022 at 12:50 PM, Don H wrote:

The response I got from Code Factory was that it was a NVDA issue
which means they ain't gona do anything to fix the issue with Vocalizer.

-
Which, while unfortunate, is not at all unusual.

The, "It's not MY fault, THEY need to fix it!," game is very common in
the tech support world.  Very often it falls to the end user to compile
enough evidence to have a definitive case to lodge with whoever ends up
being "the guilty party."

As I said earlier, and others have echoed, we still don't have a
definitive answer regarding what's at fault.  But if it's not an NVDA
add-on, if other users of NVDA and the Code Factory Vocalizer do not
have this issue, all signs point to an idiosyncratic issue on your
machine.  This is not uncommon, at all.  Hence the reason I suggest a
full uninstall and reinstall of NVDA after Add-On involvement has been
ruled out.  And I do mean a full uninstall of the software, not your
settings, not updating NVDA from within if an update were to happen to
be available.  Get a copy of NVDA "from scratch."

Diagnosis in situations like this is often a long process of
elimination.  And sometimes the diagnostic process itself ends up fixing
the issue.
--

Brian -Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044

*/The instinctive need to be the member of a closely-knit group fighting
for common ideals may grow so strong that it becomes inessential what
these ideals are./*

*/       ~/*Konrad Lorenz (1903-1989)


Re: NVDA announcing Capital letters

 

On Fri, Jan 21, 2022 at 12:50 PM, Don H wrote:
The response I got from Code Factory was that it was a NVDA issue which means they ain't gona do anything to fix the issue with Vocalizer.
-
Which, while unfortunate, is not at all unusual.

The, "It's not MY fault, THEY need to fix it!," game is very common in the tech support world.  Very often it falls to the end user to compile enough evidence to have a definitive case to lodge with whoever ends up being "the guilty party."

As I said earlier, and others have echoed, we still don't have a definitive answer regarding what's at fault.  But if it's not an NVDA add-on, if other users of NVDA and the Code Factory Vocalizer do not have this issue, all signs point to an idiosyncratic issue on your machine.  This is not uncommon, at all.  Hence the reason I suggest a full uninstall and reinstall of NVDA after Add-On involvement has been ruled out.  And I do mean a full uninstall of the software, not your settings, not updating NVDA from within if an update were to happen to be available.  Get a copy of NVDA "from scratch."

Diagnosis in situations like this is often a long process of elimination.  And sometimes the diagnostic process itself ends up fixing the issue.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044  

The instinctive need to be the member of a closely-knit group fighting for common ideals may grow so strong that it becomes inessential what these ideals are.

       ~ Konrad Lorenz (1903-1989)

 


Re: Vocalizer and Eloquence Add-Ons

Rosemarie Chavarria
 

I don’t remember how much I paid for the Vocalizer voices but I got them for myself last year as a birthday present to myself.

 

 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows

 

From: Kenny Peyattt jr.
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2022 3:54 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] vocalizer adion and elequence adon:

 

Hi how much does the vocalizer and eloquence add0on cost?

Kind regards,

Kenny Peyatt jr.

 


Re: Apology to list members

Rosemarie Chavarria
 

Yes, Brian does have a big heart and he’s very helpful. I think he’s a real asset to our list.

 

 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows

 

From: Luke Robinett
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2022 4:02 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Apology to list members

 

Folks, don’t ever think this Brian guy doesn’t have a big heart just because he’s tough as nails LOL. He’s a good guy. Thank you Brian for giving people the space to show support and well wishes. Cheers, all



On Jan 17, 2022, at 10:22 AM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

To the Membership:

I left this topic open because I wanted those who wished to extend their well-wishes to Don to be able to do so.  And I am still allowing it to remain open for that purpose.

The above being said, I do not want this to spiral into a "Covid Debate" and/or "Covid Politics" topic.  Let's not go there.  If it does continue to look like it's taking that turn I will lock the topic.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044  

The instinctive need to be the member of a closely-knit group fighting for common ideals may grow so strong that it becomes inessential what these ideals are.

       ~ Konrad Lorenz (1903-1989)

 

 


Re: NVDA announcing Capital letters

Don H
 

The response I got from Code Factory was that it was a NVDA issue which
means they ain't gona do anything to fix the issue with Vocalizer.

On 1/21/2022 11:07 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Fri, Jan 21, 2022 at 11:57 AM, Steve Nutt wrote:

Synths interpret this differently, and Vocalizer will tell you it is
a capital.

-
So my earlier theory about this possibly being a synth issue (Message
#92056) <https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda/message/92056> turns out to be right!

I really didn't expect that outcome for this specific circumstance, but
heaven knows weirder things have happened.

--

Brian -Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044

*/The instinctive need to be the member of a closely-knit group fighting
for common ideals may grow so strong that it becomes inessential what
these ideals are./*

*/       ~/*Konrad Lorenz (1903-1989)

6441 - 6460 of 98340