Date   

A problem with the nvda user guide

William
 

Hi all,

I am referring to the user guide of nvda 2022.1

There is a table under 5.3. Navigating with the System Caret

When nvda focus onto the table, it says there are 8 rows and 5 columns, but moving around the table, I only find 4 columns.


Am I missing something here?


Re: NVDA with Team Viewer.

Brian's Mail list account
 

I have no contact with them. I would hope somebody might have though and get them to fix it. This sort of regression is all too common in software.
Brian

--
bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.(Virgin media)
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sarah k Alawami" <marrie12@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, June 19, 2022 4:14 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA with Team Viewer.


I can reproduce this. It is a team viewer issue. I'm lucky though my aira
agent can just snap a pic of the screen and grab the codes that way. I
hope they do fix this, although I don't think I'll be needing TeamViewer
much longer.



From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ravindran V.S.
Sent: Saturday, June 18, 2022 8:44 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA with Team Viewer.



Hi Group,

The latest NVDA Version 22.1 and Team Viewer latest versions does not
provide any useful accessibility.

I am not too sure which has caused this problem. Because I have both latest
versions running.

When I open Team Viewer NVDA does not speak anything. Earlier can move with
Tab and get into the menu and other required cells.

But now nothing.

Even Object navigation does not provide much help.



Anything am I missing or doing wrong?

Team Viewer was fairly accessible with NVDA rather than Any-Desk. But now
giving problem.



Kindly advice.

Thanks,

Ravi.


NVDA 2022.2 Beta 2 is now available

Quentin Christensen
 

Hi everyone,

NVDA 2022.2 Beta 2 is now available for download & testing for those who wish to try out what the next version of NVDA will have to offer before it comes out. 

This beta fixes a bug from Beta 1 and adds some updates to translations.


Kind regards

Quentin.
--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager


Re: Eloquence and Vocalizer Expressive Add-on

Sarah k Alawami
 

Oh, I’ve had that version for a few weeks, Now, ok, I’m all good, and I’m not going crazy, yet. Hopefully that was readable. I’m half sleeping over here. thanks 2 weeks of homework I have been doing in about that many days.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: Sunday, June 19, 2022 8:23 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Eloquence and Vocalizer Expressive Add-on

 

I believe they updated it not long after NVDA 2022.1 came out (so, yes Sarah, this is to work with the version of NVDA which came out 4 weeks ago) - however they didn't change the download name or details on the page (the page heading now does NOT list a version number where it used to list v1.11 from memory).

 

In any case, it should all be working now once you download the latest version.

 

Kind regards

 

Quentin.

 

On Sat, Jun 18, 2022 at 6:03 PM Brian's Mail list account via groups.io <bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

Yes that is right but from what I hear there was very little to change from
the last version.
 Brian

--
bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.(Virgin media)
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Sarah k Alawami" <marrie12@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, June 17, 2022 9:59 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Eloquence and Vocalizer Expressive Add-on


> Wow, that was fast, but I thougth that version of nvda was already
> released, or  am I getting confused  with an earlier version released
> about a month ago to the public.
>
>
> ------
> Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. .
>
> For more info go to our [website.](http://listen.tffppodcast.com) . to
> subscribe to the feed click [here](http://feeds.feedburner.com/tffp)
>
>
> Our [discord](http://tiny.cc/d-tffp)  is where you will know when we go
> live on youtube, twitch and odysee. Thanks Restream staff.
>
> Videos  of some of our podcasts can be found on
> [odysee](http://odysee.com/@tffp)
>
>
> You can support the podcast by subscribing via the tip jar. You will get
> early access episodes plus no adds. If you cannot do that, then leave a
> 5 star rating on our podcast using your podcast directory's rating
> system.
>
> On 17 Jun 2022, at 10:05, Don H wrote:
>
>>     Found out today that the download for the Eloquence and Vocalizer
>> Expressive Add-on on both the AT guys and Code Factory web sites have
>> been updated to work with NVDA 2022.1
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
>
>






 

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

 


Re: holding off on 2022.1 due to Code Factory dragging their feet

Quentin Christensen
 

Josh, I'm curious for your rationale for mostly using Jaws?  If you prefer it, that's great, go for it (though I would also encourage you to let us know how we might improve).

The indication is that you prefer Jaws because Code Factory took a few days to release their updated add-on after NVDA 2022.1 came out?  (I think it took longer for most of us to realise they'd released it), is that right?

On Sun, Jun 19, 2022 at 12:44 AM Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...> wrote:
yes that is why I mostly use jaws, now. I only use NVDA to play with old sapi4 synthesizers that jaws does not support and if I want to use old versions of softvoice or decTalk. 



--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager


Re: Eloquence and Vocalizer Expressive Add-on

Quentin Christensen
 

I believe they updated it not long after NVDA 2022.1 came out (so, yes Sarah, this is to work with the version of NVDA which came out 4 weeks ago) - however they didn't change the download name or details on the page (the page heading now does NOT list a version number where it used to list v1.11 from memory).

In any case, it should all be working now once you download the latest version.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Sat, Jun 18, 2022 at 6:03 PM Brian's Mail list account via groups.io <bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

Yes that is right but from what I hear there was very little to change from
the last version.
 Brian

--
bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.(Virgin media)
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Sarah k Alawami" <marrie12@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, June 17, 2022 9:59 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Eloquence and Vocalizer Expressive Add-on


> Wow, that was fast, but I thougth that version of nvda was already
> released, or  am I getting confused  with an earlier version released
> about a month ago to the public.
>
>
> ------
> Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. .
>
> For more info go to our [website.](http://listen.tffppodcast.com) . to
> subscribe to the feed click [here](http://feeds.feedburner.com/tffp)
>
>
> Our [discord](http://tiny.cc/d-tffp)  is where you will know when we go
> live on youtube, twitch and odysee. Thanks Restream staff.
>
> Videos  of some of our podcasts can be found on
> [odysee](http://odysee.com/@tffp)
>
>
> You can support the podcast by subscribing via the tip jar. You will get
> early access episodes plus no adds. If you cannot do that, then leave a
> 5 star rating on our podcast using your podcast directory's rating
> system.
>
> On 17 Jun 2022, at 10:05, Don H wrote:
>
>>     Found out today that the download for the Eloquence and Vocalizer
>> Expressive Add-on on both the AT guys and Code Factory web sites have
>> been updated to work with NVDA 2022.1
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
>
>








--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager


Re: Issue With This Apparently Phantom Item 'Task Switcher' With Recent Updates of NVDA

Tony Malykh
 

I experienced this on my Windows 11 laptop. I agree it is quite annoying. I found a workaround - you need to enable classic Alt+Tab dialog:
1. Install program called winaero tweaker
2. Appearance > Alt-Tab appearance > Enable classic Alt+Tab dialog
HTH
--Tony

On 6/17/2022 11:40 AM, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi Group,

I have noticed that with some recent updates of either NVDA or Windows 11 itself, that particularly if I have multiple windows open, I see what I believe is a phantom windows identified with (insert + T) as 'Task Switcher.'  When this happens, it makes navigation more difficult, slows down the response of the computer and causes annoying efficiency issues.

Has anyone else experienced this lately and if so, what could be causing this and is there a solution?  Thanks for any help.


Re: Frequently Unable to Press Elements On The Web

Jonathan COHN
 

If this is always happening, see maximizing your browser window helps. Sometimes Windows keeps shrinking the default window size until there is no area to click in. 


Re: NVDA issue with visual studio 2022 parameter help

Luke Robinett
 

Hey Luke. I played with some NVDA settings but I will double check to see if I tried those specific ones. Thank you for the suggestions.

On Jun 18, 2022, at 5:14 PM, Luke Davis <luke@...> wrote:

Luke Robinett wrote:

There is another issue, however. I will be typing a line of code and eventually NVDA will start saying “parameter help, parameter help, parameter help” over and over every time I move the cursor left or right or type a key. The only way to get it to stop doing this is to press escape and then arrow away from that line of code and back again. This is a problem because ironically, NVDA repeating “parameter help” is making it so I can’t hear the actual parameter help. Lol.
Does it help to turn off tooltips? (First checkbox in NVDA Object Presentation settings.)

Does it help to turn off "Report dynamic content changes"? (NVDA+5.)

Luke





Re: NVDA issue with visual studio 2022 parameter help

Luke Robinett
 

Yes, correct. I only started experiencing this issue when I upgraded to 2022.

On Jun 18, 2022, at 9:51 AM, Akash Kakkar <akash.diverse@...> wrote:

Hmm, it seems that this issue is specific to 2022.

Actually I too am facing this issue but asked one of my friend who is using 2019, but he told that there's no such issue there.

Have you observed it in 2019 too? actually I haven't used 2019.


On 6/18/2022 9:18 PM, Luke Robinett wrote:
2022

On Jun 18, 2022, at 8:42 AM, Akash Kakkar <akash.diverse@...> wrote:
Hey Luke,

Which version you are using of VS?


On 6/18/2022 9:01 PM, Luke Robinett wrote:
First, good news is that unlike prior versions of visual studio, NVDA now works properly when navigating suggestion lists in the code editor. Previously it would read the entire line of code every time you move from one selection to the next, but now it only reads the selected item.

There is another issue, however. I will be typing a line of code and eventually NVDA will start saying “parameter help, parameter help, parameter help” over and over every time I move the cursor left or right or type a key. The only way to get it to stop doing this is to press escape and then arrow away from that line of code and back again. This is a problem because ironically, NVDA repeating “parameter help” is making it so I can’t hear the actual parameter help. Lol.

Before I place a bug ticket I just thought I’d see if there’s some setting I can adjust to perhaps mitigate this issue. Let me know if my explanation didn’t make sense and I can add clarifying details. All the usual stuff… Latest versions of windows, NVDA, visual studio blah blah blah. Thank you









Re: Key echo not working in Git Bash using 2022.1

Luke Robinett
 

Hi George,

Can you elaborate a bit on the Bluetooth thing, as I’m not clear I understand. I have not upgraded to the latest version of NVDA, chiefly because of complaints like this and compatibility issues with add-ons and other software, and I’m not having any issues with GIT bash on my computer. Are you saying that keyboard echo isn’t spoken aloud when using a Bluetooth speaker or headphones? Thanks.

Luke


On Jun 19, 2022, at 6:26 AM, George Kerscher <kerscher@...> wrote:



Hello,

 

The problem is with Bluetooth Audio version 1.4. I’ll let the author know.

 

When this is disabled, Git Bash has no problems with key echo.

 

Best

George

 

The add-on b

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ken Perry
Sent: Thursday, June 9, 2022 2:53 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Key echo not working in Git Bash using 2022.1

 

Hmm No idea then.  I just use the Ubuntu or Debian prompt with wsl so I have not used that sorry.    NVDA seems to  work with all the Ubuntu, Debian, Powershell, and cmd.exe.  I wonder if some script needs to be updated.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of George Kerscher
Sent: Thursday, June 9, 2022 3:44 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Key echo not working in Git Bash using 2022.1

 

Hi,

 

I have Github for windows installed. It creates a context menu called Git-Bash-Here and pressing this opens the terminal window MINGW64.

 

I get the$ prompt

 

Character echo is working in Jaws and Narrator.

 

Best

George

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ken Perry
Sent: Thursday, June 9, 2022 1:29 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Key echo not working in Git Bash using 2022.1

 

When you say git bash console do you mean wsl or something else.  The character echo is working for me in wsl.

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of George Kerscher
Sent: Thursday, June 9, 2022 3:21 PM
To: NVDA General Discussion <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Subject: [nvda] Key echo not working in Git Bash using 2022.1

 

Hi,

 

In Git Bash console, the key echo is not working. In a command prompt it is. It was working prior to 2022.1

 

I tried modifying in advanced settings the new setting for the console It did not seem to do anything.

 

Any thoughts?

 

Best

George

 

 

George Kerscher Ph.D.

-In our Information Age, access to information is a fundamental human right.

Chief Innovations Officer, DAISY Consortium

http://www.daisy.org

Senior Advisor, Global Literacy, Benetech

http://www.benetech.org

President, International Digital Publishing Forum (IDPF)

http://www.idpf.org

Member of the National Museum and Library Services  Board (IMLS)

http://www.imls.gov

Chair Steering Council Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI), at W3C

http://www.w3.org/WAI

Phone: +1 406/549-4687

Cell:+1 406/544-2466

Email: kerscher@...

 


Re: Frequently Unable to Press Elements On The Web

Bob Cavanaugh
 

This does sound like a website layout issue, though I wonder if the
original poster has something else going on? The original message
indicates this happens frequently, which isn't my experience. I was
trying to buy tickets for an event on Eventbright the other day and
encountered a dialog that I couldn't seem to close, but as it was the
purchase dialog, it wasn't an issue. So, a couple questions for the
original poster of this question:
1. Does the issue happen on the same sites every time, or is it the
case that you can go to a site one day and it works and another day
where it doesn't?
2. Can you provide us some links? Without this information, we can't
tell if there's something wrong with your computer or if you just have
a habit of visiting less than accessible websites. It sounds like my
experience meerrors most on this list, where the occasional website
has issues, but most sites work fine. When you say Google for
instance, I assume you're performing a search, but Google has so many
products that that might not be accurate.

On 6/18/22, Bhavya shah <bhavya.shah125@...> wrote:
Dear all,

I am using NVDA, Firefox, and Edge (latest stable versions of each but
I have been facing such issues for many months now). Far too
frequently have I been encountering instances wherein Spacebar/Enter
simply does not activate a pressable item (link, button, menu item,
dialog, etc.). Either nothing happens, or the focus jumps in the page
arbitrarily, or a different element in the page is activated, or I am
thrown into another window altogether. This happens on commonplace
websites like Google, LinkedIn, and Doordash as well as less complex
and lesser-known websites. In these cases, I sometimes need to enter
focus mode and retry Spacebar/Enter, sometimes need to manually move
around the navigator object to the control and press
NVDA+Shift+Backspace and then NVDA+Enter, sometimes manually
reposition the navigator object and move the mouse pointer to it and
then simulate a left mouse click, and sometimes try maximizing the
browser's window or closing some other programs whose window may be
interfering (like CCleaner and Google Drive). Even then, sometimes,
none of these strategies succeed. This experience applies to a
minority of pressable elements (<50%), but it is a significant
minority of cases and enough to be a significant inconvenience. I face
this more often in Firefox, but that might be because I use it more
than I do Edge.

I would like to acknowledge that (a) the description of my issue lacks
examples and is somewhat generic, and (b) issues should ideally be
reported on GitHub. This is intentional because in my experience, this
problem is pervasive and issues of this kind have already been
reported on GitHub for months(/years?) to little effect.

Do you face such issues as well? What strategies do you use when
Spacebar/Enter doesn't activate a control like it should? Have you
found one web browser to fare better than another in this respect (say
Edge might be more reliable than Firefox)?

I would be deeply grateful for any thoughts and suggestions.

Kind Regards,
Bhavya Shah
B.S. in Mathematical and Computational Science | Stanford '24
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/bhavyashah125/






Re: Older videos do not load while brousing through channel in video on firefox

Sarah k Alawami
 

A bit OT, but I have to use page up or down, plus end to get around in case something does auto scroll, this on a discord server. Try that as well. I’ve never used youtube in focus mode except to start and stop vids.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Sunday, June 19, 2022 9:26 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Older videos do not load while brousing through channel in video on firefox

 

The simplest solution I've found to this problem is making sure you're in focus mode then hitting the End key.  On every YouTube video page I've tried (and those are the ones offered) each successive press of the End key causes the next "chunk" of videos that occur after what's currently already on display to load.  You have to be in Focus mode, as the use of End in this context is a browser keyboard command.

I constantly use both Home and End to shoot to the beginning/end (respectively) of fixed size web pages and will now probably start using End a lot more to trigger "next batch" loading at the current end of a page that loads contents in "chunks."
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044  

The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing in the right place but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.

        ~ Dorothy Nevill


Re: Older videos do not load while brousing through channel in video on firefox

 

The simplest solution I've found to this problem is making sure you're in focus mode then hitting the End key.  On every YouTube video page I've tried (and those are the ones offered) each successive press of the End key causes the next "chunk" of videos that occur after what's currently already on display to load.  You have to be in Focus mode, as the use of End in this context is a browser keyboard command.

I constantly use both Home and End to shoot to the beginning/end (respectively) of fixed size web pages and will now probably start using End a lot more to trigger "next batch" loading at the current end of a page that loads contents in "chunks."
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044  

The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing in the right place but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.

        ~ Dorothy Nevill


Re: [Solved] Issue with Microsoft Quick Assist & NVDA

 

That was Kostadin Kosalev.  And a search of the archive on "QuickAssist" (run together as one word) and "solved" gets you that single message.

Searching a Groups.io Topics Page/Archive

Browsing a Groups.io Topics Page/Archive

--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044  

The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing in the right place but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.

        ~ Dorothy Nevill


Re: Frequently Unable to Press Elements On The Web

Abhishek Raut
 

I am using laptop layout, still it works..
I hadn't read documentation so don't know the official description / layout.
any ways what things work on my side, simply I shared.

On Sun, Jun 19, 2022 at 9:14 PM Suhas D <ignisdraco7@...> wrote:

1: if you are trying to click on clickable buttons / dialog box / menu items, try to press insert / your nvda key + numpad 5 to took your mouse cursor on the point where your nvda cursor is present.
then, press insert+ enter. it will say activated.
note: these things are from laptop layout.

The command NVDA + numpad 5 is a command in the desktop keyboard layout, not in the laptop keyboard layout.

If you want NVDA to report the current navigator object using the laptop keyboard layout, use the key command NVDA + shift + O


Suhas
Sent from Thunderbird
On 6/19/2022 20:59, Abhishek Raut wrote:
I also have encountered such kind of issues.
I tried few Things, hope it will solve your problem.
1: if you are trying to click on clickable buttons / dialog box / menu items, try to press insert / your nvda key + numpad 5 to took your mouse cursor on the point where your nvda cursor is present.
then, press insert+ enter. it will say activated.
note: these things are from laptop layout.
2: if you are trying to open any link, try taking arro on that link, and press enter. if click do not happen, simply press up arro, and after K to get again cursor to your link and then press enter.
3: if you are facing issue with dialog box, then after enter, try pressing control+ home / control+ end key to reach top / end of the page. there you will find clickable dialog. click on it, it will show you the dialog.
Now a days, these kinds of dialogs are found on lot's of websites.
if these things do not work, then 95% that website accessibility has some issues.
you may find such issues in menu items, or date filling box.
Thank you

On Sun, Jun 19, 2022 at 12:06 AM Bhavya shah <bhavya.shah125@...> wrote:
Dear all,

I am using NVDA, Firefox, and Edge (latest stable versions of each but
I have been facing such issues for many months now). Far too
frequently have I been encountering instances wherein Spacebar/Enter
simply does not activate a pressable item (link, button, menu item,
dialog, etc.). Either nothing happens, or the focus jumps in the page
arbitrarily, or a different element in the page is activated, or I am
thrown into another window altogether. This happens on commonplace
websites like Google, LinkedIn, and Doordash as well as less complex
and lesser-known websites. In these cases, I sometimes need to enter
focus mode and retry Spacebar/Enter, sometimes need to manually move
around the navigator object to the control and press
NVDA+Shift+Backspace and then NVDA+Enter, sometimes manually
reposition the navigator object and move the mouse pointer to it and
then simulate a left mouse click, and sometimes try maximizing the
browser's window or closing some other programs whose window may be
interfering (like CCleaner and Google Drive). Even then, sometimes,
none of these strategies succeed. This experience applies to a
minority of pressable elements (<50%), but it is a significant
minority of cases and enough to be a significant inconvenience. I face
this more often in Firefox, but that might be because I use it more
than I do Edge.

I would like to acknowledge that (a) the description of my issue lacks
examples and is somewhat generic, and (b) issues should ideally be
reported on GitHub. This is intentional because in my experience, this
problem is pervasive and issues of this kind have already been
reported on GitHub for months(/years?) to little effect.

Do you face such issues as well? What strategies do you use when
Spacebar/Enter doesn't activate a control like it should? Have you
found one web browser to fare better than another in this respect (say
Edge might be more reliable than Firefox)?

I would be deeply grateful for any thoughts and suggestions.

Kind Regards,
Bhavya Shah
B.S. in Mathematical and Computational Science | Stanford '24
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/bhavyashah125/







--
Regards, Abhishek Raut



--
Regards, Abhishek Raut


Re: Older videos do not load while brousing through channel in video on firefox

 

On Sun, Jun 19, 2022 at 12:46 AM, Ali Colak wrote:
Specific examples, in this case, are completely useless, regardless of
weather they are mandatory or optional.
-
No, they're not.  As Gene pointed out, there are lots of "short" YouTube pages.  Forcing others to look around when you can (and did now) give an example or two is both rude and silly.

Also, the posting of logs is not permitted on the group.  If someone requests a log file, it should be sent privately.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044  

The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing in the right place but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.

        ~ Dorothy Nevill


Re: Frequently Unable to Press Elements On The Web

Suhas D
 

1: if you are trying to click on clickable buttons / dialog box / menu items, try to press insert / your nvda key + numpad 5 to took your mouse cursor on the point where your nvda cursor is present.
then, press insert+ enter. it will say activated.
note: these things are from laptop layout.

The command NVDA + numpad 5 is a command in the desktop keyboard layout, not in the laptop keyboard layout.

If you want NVDA to report the current navigator object using the laptop keyboard layout, use the key command NVDA + shift + O


Suhas
Sent from Thunderbird
On 6/19/2022 20:59, Abhishek Raut wrote:
I also have encountered such kind of issues.
I tried few Things, hope it will solve your problem.
1: if you are trying to click on clickable buttons / dialog box / menu items, try to press insert / your nvda key + numpad 5 to took your mouse cursor on the point where your nvda cursor is present.
then, press insert+ enter. it will say activated.
note: these things are from laptop layout.
2: if you are trying to open any link, try taking arro on that link, and press enter. if click do not happen, simply press up arro, and after K to get again cursor to your link and then press enter.
3: if you are facing issue with dialog box, then after enter, try pressing control+ home / control+ end key to reach top / end of the page. there you will find clickable dialog. click on it, it will show you the dialog.
Now a days, these kinds of dialogs are found on lot's of websites.
if these things do not work, then 95% that website accessibility has some issues.
you may find such issues in menu items, or date filling box.
Thank you

On Sun, Jun 19, 2022 at 12:06 AM Bhavya shah <bhavya.shah125@...> wrote:
Dear all,

I am using NVDA, Firefox, and Edge (latest stable versions of each but
I have been facing such issues for many months now). Far too
frequently have I been encountering instances wherein Spacebar/Enter
simply does not activate a pressable item (link, button, menu item,
dialog, etc.). Either nothing happens, or the focus jumps in the page
arbitrarily, or a different element in the page is activated, or I am
thrown into another window altogether. This happens on commonplace
websites like Google, LinkedIn, and Doordash as well as less complex
and lesser-known websites. In these cases, I sometimes need to enter
focus mode and retry Spacebar/Enter, sometimes need to manually move
around the navigator object to the control and press
NVDA+Shift+Backspace and then NVDA+Enter, sometimes manually
reposition the navigator object and move the mouse pointer to it and
then simulate a left mouse click, and sometimes try maximizing the
browser's window or closing some other programs whose window may be
interfering (like CCleaner and Google Drive). Even then, sometimes,
none of these strategies succeed. This experience applies to a
minority of pressable elements (<50%), but it is a significant
minority of cases and enough to be a significant inconvenience. I face
this more often in Firefox, but that might be because I use it more
than I do Edge.

I would like to acknowledge that (a) the description of my issue lacks
examples and is somewhat generic, and (b) issues should ideally be
reported on GitHub. This is intentional because in my experience, this
problem is pervasive and issues of this kind have already been
reported on GitHub for months(/years?) to little effect.

Do you face such issues as well? What strategies do you use when
Spacebar/Enter doesn't activate a control like it should? Have you
found one web browser to fare better than another in this respect (say
Edge might be more reliable than Firefox)?

I would be deeply grateful for any thoughts and suggestions.

Kind Regards,
Bhavya Shah
B.S. in Mathematical and Computational Science | Stanford '24
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/bhavyashah125/







--
Regards, Abhishek Raut


Re: Frequently Unable to Press Elements On The Web

Abhishek Raut
 

I also have encountered such kind of issues.
I tried few Things, hope it will solve your problem.
1: if you are trying to click on clickable buttons / dialog box / menu items, try to press insert / your nvda key + numpad 5 to took your mouse cursor on the point where your nvda cursor is present.
then, press insert+ enter. it will say activated.
note: these things are from laptop layout.
2: if you are trying to open any link, try taking arro on that link, and press enter. if click do not happen, simply press up arro, and after K to get again cursor to your link and then press enter.
3: if you are facing issue with dialog box, then after enter, try pressing control+ home / control+ end key to reach top / end of the page. there you will find clickable dialog. click on it, it will show you the dialog.
Now a days, these kinds of dialogs are found on lot's of websites.
if these things do not work, then 95% that website accessibility has some issues.
you may find such issues in menu items, or date filling box.
Thank you

On Sun, Jun 19, 2022 at 12:06 AM Bhavya shah <bhavya.shah125@...> wrote:
Dear all,

I am using NVDA, Firefox, and Edge (latest stable versions of each but
I have been facing such issues for many months now). Far too
frequently have I been encountering instances wherein Spacebar/Enter
simply does not activate a pressable item (link, button, menu item,
dialog, etc.). Either nothing happens, or the focus jumps in the page
arbitrarily, or a different element in the page is activated, or I am
thrown into another window altogether. This happens on commonplace
websites like Google, LinkedIn, and Doordash as well as less complex
and lesser-known websites. In these cases, I sometimes need to enter
focus mode and retry Spacebar/Enter, sometimes need to manually move
around the navigator object to the control and press
NVDA+Shift+Backspace and then NVDA+Enter, sometimes manually
reposition the navigator object and move the mouse pointer to it and
then simulate a left mouse click, and sometimes try maximizing the
browser's window or closing some other programs whose window may be
interfering (like CCleaner and Google Drive). Even then, sometimes,
none of these strategies succeed. This experience applies to a
minority of pressable elements (<50%), but it is a significant
minority of cases and enough to be a significant inconvenience. I face
this more often in Firefox, but that might be because I use it more
than I do Edge.

I would like to acknowledge that (a) the description of my issue lacks
examples and is somewhat generic, and (b) issues should ideally be
reported on GitHub. This is intentional because in my experience, this
problem is pervasive and issues of this kind have already been
reported on GitHub for months(/years?) to little effect.

Do you face such issues as well? What strategies do you use when
Spacebar/Enter doesn't activate a control like it should? Have you
found one web browser to fare better than another in this respect (say
Edge might be more reliable than Firefox)?

I would be deeply grateful for any thoughts and suggestions.

Kind Regards,
Bhavya Shah
B.S. in Mathematical and Computational Science | Stanford '24
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/bhavyashah125/







--
Regards, Abhishek Raut


Re: [Solved] Issue with Microsoft Quick Assist & NVDA

Sarah k Alawami
 

‘check the archives  as someone already reported a fix for this.

 

Good luck.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dimitrios Tsakiridis
Sent: Sunday, June 19, 2022 1:15 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Microsoft Quick assist

 

Hello every one, and Good morning from Greece:

 

I install the latest version of Quick assist for Windows 10, from Microsoft store.

The NVDA does not read any think, when I open the application.

I have the latest version of NVDA.

 

Best regards, Dimitrios Tsakiridis.

 

Στάλθηκε από την Αλληλογραφία για τα Windows

 

4581 - 4600 of 101195