Date   

Re: Email atachments

Peter Beasley
 

It says colums unavailable.
 

From: Gene
Sent: Sunday, October 16, 2016 12:17 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Email atachments
 
Did you issue the command I gave and then down arrow?  If so, you should see an item that says select columns.  If you having the view set to two line view, you should still hear select columns but that it is unavailable.  If you are using automatic, which I believe is the default, you should be able to open select coluns and then proceed.  If you are using one line view, you should also be able to select columns. 
Try what I described again.  That is:
Press alt then type v then v again then w.
Do not press enter after this.
Start down arrowing.  Let us know the results. 
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
Gene
 
Sent: Sunday, October 16, 2016 3:54 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Email atachments
 
The ribbon version.
 
From: Gene
Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2016 9:28 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Email atachments
 
Are you using the menu version or the ribbon version?  My instructions were for the ribbon version.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2016 12:43 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Email atachments
 
Can’t find any reference to colums in the view menu.
 
From: Gene
Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2016 6:02 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Email atachments
 
Assuming you are using the ribbon version, issue the command alt v, then v again, then w.
You are in a menu. 
Down arrow to columns or something with similar wording. 
Press eter.
Up and down arrow to see the different columns.  I didn't play with this but once you get to attachments, if you tab, you should see a move up and a move down button.  Active whichever button you want with the space bar as many times as you want. 
I believe there is an ok button you tab to and activate after making whatever changes you want.
I didn't check. 
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2016 10:07 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Email atachments
 
How do you do that?
 
From: Gene
Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2016 1:42 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Email atachments
 
If you change the order of the fields, that should determine what is read in which order.  Personally, I have no objection to having NVDA saying attachment first by default, I don't have a preference but my point is that you should be able to already determine the order within the program. 

Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2016 6:19 AM
Subject: [nvda] Email atachments
 
I use Windows live mail and it would be nice if NVDA could say has attachment before the subject like outlook express rather than after.


Re: Getting NVDA to announce braces when reading back code

Sharni-Lee Ward
 

When you mentioned Speech Dictionary values, I remembered I'd done
something involving braces and the pronunciation dictionary that meant
they were treated like quotes, because back then I didn't want to code
anything and I was reading a fanfic where braces were used to denote
animal speech. No wonder it hasn't seemed to be working!

On 16/10/2016 6:34 PM, Jacob Kruger wrote:
Try setting punctuation level to all, or, honestly, for when I work
with php start and end tags, among a couple of others, I have added in
dictionary entries for those punctuation symbol combinations to make
it speak out values no matter which symbol level I have been working
with.


Stay well


Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
"Resistance is futile, but, acceptance is versatile..."

On 2016-10-16 7:24 AM, Sharni-Lee Ward wrote:
Hi,


I'm learning how to program games and in the script I'm using, blocks of
code are marked with braces. I tried changing their symbol level to some
or none but it still didn't announce them. It's been long enough since I
did this that I've forgotten how I previously made it stick. What am I
doing wrong?






Re: how to get NVDA to stop reading bollon pop ups when they come up on your system

Jacob Kruger
 

I'm half guessing that what you're talking about are the help balloons - invoke NVDA menu, open the preferences submenu, arrow down to object presentation, and hit enter, and the second checkbox on that dialogue is the checkbox for announcing/reporting help balloons - if it's turned on, you can try turning it off, tab back to ok button, and hit space bar to activate it, and see if that then makes a difference.


stay well


Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
"Resistance is futile, but, acceptance is versatile..."

On 2016-10-16 3:59 PM, Casey wrote:
Hi I would like to know is there A way to be NVDA to stop reading the bollon pop ups that come up on your machine?
Lie to tell you when A printer is not in use or available or things like that?
If you can change this how do you go about doing that?


how to get NVDA to stop reading bollon pop ups when they come up on your system

Casey <cwollner@...>
 

Hi I would like to know is there A way to be NVDA to stop reading the bollon pop ups that come up on your machine?
Lie to tell you when A printer is not in use or available or things like that?
If you can change this how do you go about doing that?


--
Casey


Re: Just in case nobody has seen this post by Jamie on the development list..

 

hi.
are you refering to the problem which i mentioned in using nvda 2016.3
with firefox or its a new problem?
in which version of firefox, this major bug which you mentioned occure?
thanks for informing us.

On 10/16/16, Brian's Mail list account <bglists@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
If you're using Firefox, there is a major bug in Firefox stable which can
cause this among other strange things such as menus disappearing. It took us

months to track this down, but it's now fixed in Firefox nightly. I'm not
quite sure when it'll make it into a stable release.

Sent from a mobile device

On 16 Oct. 2016, at 2:30 am, Brandon Keith Biggs
<brandonkeithbiggs@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,
I have been noticing that more and more websites are starting to show up as

just a URL. What happens is the website shows up for a little while, then
all of a sudden, the website will disappear and just the URL shows up.
This mostly happens on article or blog websites. about 50% of the time, a
refresh works and everything is fine, but the other 50 will show up for a
little while then go to the URL again.
One site that is particularly terrible is the site you need to setup your G

Suite account. I was tasked to do this for the company I work for and I
can't because it just shows:
https://admin.google.com/setup/u/0/apps#DomainSettings/notab=1&subtab=subscriptions

That's it. I'm able to see there is something else on my screen because for

a split second I hear:
link graphic apps authuser=0

then it goes to the URL. What's happening to these sites? Is it a loading
problem?
Thanks,

Brandon Keith Biggs
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Nvda-devel mailing list
Nvda-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/nvda-devel

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot

_______________________________________________
Nvda-devel mailing list
Nvda-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/nvda-devel

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.




--
we have not sent you but as a mercy to the creation.
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
imam hosein is the beacon of light and the ark of salvation.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
al-islam.org


Re: NVDA 2016.3 not working - help?

 

yes.
i am sure about this.
i mean for example if you install nvda 2016.3 when you installed the
previous version, there is no problem.
but if you completely uninstall nvda, remove its settings, and even
remove iaccessible2.dll and also delete nvda in documents and
settings, user, appdata, you cant use firefox.
and also when you install windows and want to use firefox with nvda you cant!

On 10/16/16, Brian's Mail list account <bglists@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
Are you sure that the registry command given earlier in thisthread dooes
not fix this?
I don't see what the difference is between a fresh install of nvda and an
update to an older one. The files concerned don't seem to have been updated

for a long time, ie the ones that create the vitual buffer etc.
There has to be some other thing that those who get this effect have that

the rest do not have or something.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "nasrin khaksar" <nasrinkhaksar3@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2016 8:01 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA 2016.3 not working - help?


hi.
this the same issue for me!
nvda does not read any content in firefox, arrow keys dont work and
single letter navigations dont work also!
even it cant read the content of any webpage.
i posted this problem here before and i tested with firefox 39 until 41!
it happens with fresh install and if you update it from previous
versions its no problem.
the only problem is with fresh install of this version of nvda 2016.3

On 10/14/16, Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@hotmail.com> wrote:
For the record, I'm running Windows 7 64 bit and the latest Firefox, as
well
as NVDA 2016.3, and have no problems with Firefox. None. Nada. I don't
know
what the problem could be for this person but I know I don't have it.

On 14/10/2016 6:08 AM, Gene New Zealand wrote:

Hi


Does it happen in other applications as well or just in mozilla fire fox?


When you go into other applications does it speak the menus correctly or
you
can navigate with the arrow keys?


Do you get the same result in other browsers with it not speaking? You
probably have mentioned it but what operating system and version of nvda?


Gene nz


On 13/10/2016 2:40 PM, Gerry Neustatl wrote:
Hi all

I have been using NVDA for years. I use a Windows 7 machine with current
Firefox and have updated to NVDA 2016.3. It no longer works for me.

When I start NVDA I hear the piano arpeggio as usual, and the page title
is
read. After that nothing else is read. For example:


· Hitting the “H” key reads “H” rather than navigating to the
first
page heading

· Tabbing through the page moves focus but nothing is announced

I am not sure if this is a bug with NVDA, Firefox or my computer audio
settings, but suspect it’s an NVDA issue.

Has anyone experienced something like this? Suggestions?

Cheers in advance, Gerry

[ABC]<http://www.abc.net.au/>



Gerry Neustatl
Accessibility SME/Senior XP Designer, Digital Design







P

+61 2 8333 3433

M

+61 414 887 627






E

neustatl.gerry@abc.net.au<mailto:neustatl.gerry@abc.net.au>










[http://www.abc.net.au/corp/enter/img/brandsignature.jpg]<http://www.abc.net.au/corp/enter/emailsignature/promo.htm>




-

Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.

The information contained in this email and any attachment is
confidential
and may contain legally privileged or copyright material. It is intended
only for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended
recipient
of this email, you are not permitted to disseminate, distribute or copy
this
email or any attachments. If you have received this message in error,
please
notify the sender immediately and delete this email from your system. The
ABC does not represent or warrant that this transmission is secure or
virus
free. Before opening any attachment you should check for viruses. The
ABC's
liability is limited to resupplying any email and attachments.


--
Check out my website for nvda tutorials and other blindness related
material
at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net




--
we have not sent you but as a mercy to the creation.
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
imam hosein is the beacon of light and the ark of salvation.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
al-islam.org






--
we have not sent you but as a mercy to the creation.
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
imam hosein is the beacon of light and the ark of salvation.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
al-islam.org


Just in case nobody has seen this post by Jamie on the development list..

Brian's Mail list account BY <bglists@...>
 

If you're using Firefox, there is a major bug in Firefox stable which can cause this among other strange things such as menus disappearing. It took us months to track this down, but it's now fixed in Firefox nightly. I'm not quite sure when it'll make it into a stable release.

Sent from a mobile device

On 16 Oct. 2016, at 2:30 am, Brandon Keith Biggs <brandonkeithbiggs@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,
I have been noticing that more and more websites are starting to show up as just a URL. What happens is the website shows up for a little while, then all of a sudden, the website will disappear and just the URL shows up.
This mostly happens on article or blog websites. about 50% of the time, a refresh works and everything is fine, but the other 50 will show up for a little while then go to the URL again.
One site that is particularly terrible is the site you need to setup your G Suite account. I was tasked to do this for the company I work for and I can't because it just shows:
https://admin.google.com/setup/u/0/apps#DomainSettings/notab=1&subtab=subscriptions

That's it. I'm able to see there is something else on my screen because for a split second I hear:
link graphic apps authuser=0

then it goes to the URL. What's happening to these sites? Is it a loading problem?
Thanks,

Brandon Keith Biggs
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Nvda-devel mailing list
Nvda-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/nvda-devel

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot

_______________________________________________
Nvda-devel mailing list
Nvda-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/nvda-devel

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.


nvda and braille

Anouk Radix
 

Hi everyone,

I recently switched from mac os x to windows 10.

I use both nvda and windoweyes. I like nvda a lot because its really fast with braille and speech and because it works well out of the box with many programs.

I am mainly a braille user though and do miss the ability to use my thumb keys to scroll throughout a programs screen. Furthermore I was wondering if there are any complete braille tables for nvda? The ones I get contain a lot of garbage between text and nos just one or two characters but a lot of it. Is it perhaps possible to import a braille table from another screenreader because I don’t get this anywhere  else?

Thanks in advance for any info,

Greetings, Anouk,


Re: getting mmore detailed indo

Brian's Mail list account BY <bglists@...>
 

What?
I think this sent when it should not have done.. grin.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk Sent via blueyonder. Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gary Metzler " <gmtravel@bellsouth.net>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, October 16, 2016 9:54 AM
Subject: [nvda] getting mmore detailed indo


Regards, Gary kn4ox


Re: a new version of open office

Brian's Mail list account BY <bglists@...>
 

This has been an issue for some time, mainly due to the program not being able to tell nvda about scrolling or where the end is. I'd have thought this should have been sorted by one of the two vendors of this code by now. Does anyone know why its not been done?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "nasrin khaksar" <nasrinkhaksar3@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, October 16, 2016 9:32 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] a new version of open office


hi Rosemarie. since libreoffice does not support say all, i installed
balabolka, as well as sapi5 version of espeak and i convert my
documents to audio and listen to it.
another way, is you can in the file menu, select preview in web
browser which make a temporary copy of your documents and you can
press insert down to read your document entirely.
hope that helps and God bless you.

On 10/16/16, Gary Metzler <gmtravel@bellsouth.net> wrote:
Hi Rosemary,

Libreoffice is now up to version 5.2.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rosemarie Chavarria
Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2016 4:26 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] a new version of open office

Hi,


How do you get libre office to read a document? I'm just asking because
I'd like to be able to use NVDA down-arrow instead of always having to
press control down-arrow to read by paragraphs.


Rosemarie




On 10/15/2016 1:08 PM, nasrin khaksar wrote:
hi.
yes i recommend you to update.
because of security fixes, support of more secure components and also
security fixes in java.
i use libreoffice 4.4.6 and its realy great!
i did not test the newer version of openoffice until now.
God bless you and thanks.

On 10/13/16, Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@gmail.com> wrote:
I haven't tried it on my new computer yet. I'm thinking about it though.




On 10/12/2016 4:25 PM, Bobby wrote:
Hay I was just on the ninite web site and found out open office has
version 4.1.3. I was wondering if I should update to this version.
Can you please test and let me know because I have open office version
4.1.2. Hope it works












--
we have not sent you but as a mercy to the creation.
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
imam hosein is the beacon of light and the ark of salvation.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
al-islam.org


Re: Accessible ERP Systems?

Brian's Mail list account BY <bglists@...>
 

They should buy you a copy of Jaws then if that is their attitude.
Otherwise I don't see their issue. If they don't know how to set up an account with the right level of privileges for you that is I would have thought a fairly easy thing to solve. IE ask somebody who has already done it!

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Pranav Lal" <pranav.lal@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, October 16, 2016 3:39 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Accessible ERP Systems?


Hi,



My employer uses SAP. They do have an accessibility setting for their web clients. However, my employer’s administration team have been unable to find the right role to assign to my id so no go.



I can still use the interface with NVDA but it is difficult to use because of the way they have used java script. There is a windows based client that has scripts for jaws. I have not used that.



Pranav


Re: Help with tap and Radio

Antony Stone
 

It is written in Cyrillic font; I would have no idea how to pronounce it,
however given that the email is signed "Georgi", I assume that is what the
first part at least means.

Antony.

On Sunday 16 October 2016 at 13:50:19, Brian's Mail list account wrote:

This sender seems to have no name when I read the inbox list.
anyone?
Brian

----- Original Message -----
From: "Георги Ламбов" <obichamlegiona@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2016 7:12 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Help with tap and Radio

Hi!

By the way I was almost sure, that the speech goes about tapin radio but
thought anyway that there's another program called: tab and radio, which
I don't know about.

Georgi
--
"There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in their home."

- Ken Olsen, President of Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC, later consumed
by Compaq, later merged with HP)

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.


Re: problem web page revisited

Brian's Mail list account BY <bglists@...>
 

I still find it odd that the site does not look or indeed sound the same in the two browsers. Might be worth mentioning this to the admin people there for consistence.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gary Metzler " <gmtravel@bellsouth.net>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, October 16, 2016 12:09 AM
Subject: [nvda] problem web page revisited


Hi All,

I just want to let the list know that I figured out my problem with the live prayer web site. Since I am new to nvda I didn’t know many of the short cuts. When I am on the web site all it says is llink many times. now that I know the k key moves to linds when I hit it two times it gets me to the place I want to be. I am now a happy camper. Thanks for listening.Regards, Gary kn4ox


Re: NVDA 2016.3 not working - help?

Brian's Mail list account BY <bglists@...>
 

Are you sure that the registry command given earlier in thisthread dooes not fix this?
I don't see what the difference is between a fresh install of nvda and an update to an older one. The files concerned don't seem to have been updated for a long time, ie the ones that create the vitual buffer etc.
There has to be some other thing that those who get this effect have that the rest do not have or something.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "nasrin khaksar" <nasrinkhaksar3@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2016 8:01 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA 2016.3 not working - help?


hi.
this the same issue for me!
nvda does not read any content in firefox, arrow keys dont work and
single letter navigations dont work also!
even it cant read the content of any webpage.
i posted this problem here before and i tested with firefox 39 until 41!
it happens with fresh install and if you update it from previous
versions its no problem.
the only problem is with fresh install of this version of nvda 2016.3

On 10/14/16, Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@hotmail.com> wrote:
For the record, I'm running Windows 7 64 bit and the latest Firefox, as well
as NVDA 2016.3, and have no problems with Firefox. None. Nada. I don't know
what the problem could be for this person but I know I don't have it.

On 14/10/2016 6:08 AM, Gene New Zealand wrote:

Hi


Does it happen in other applications as well or just in mozilla fire fox?


When you go into other applications does it speak the menus correctly or you
can navigate with the arrow keys?


Do you get the same result in other browsers with it not speaking? You
probably have mentioned it but what operating system and version of nvda?


Gene nz


On 13/10/2016 2:40 PM, Gerry Neustatl wrote:
Hi all

I have been using NVDA for years. I use a Windows 7 machine with current
Firefox and have updated to NVDA 2016.3. It no longer works for me.

When I start NVDA I hear the piano arpeggio as usual, and the page title is
read. After that nothing else is read. For example:


· Hitting the “H” key reads “H” rather than navigating to the first
page heading

· Tabbing through the page moves focus but nothing is announced

I am not sure if this is a bug with NVDA, Firefox or my computer audio
settings, but suspect it’s an NVDA issue.

Has anyone experienced something like this? Suggestions?

Cheers in advance, Gerry

[ABC]<http://www.abc.net.au/>



Gerry Neustatl
Accessibility SME/Senior XP Designer, Digital Design







P

+61 2 8333 3433

M

+61 414 887 627






E

neustatl.gerry@abc.net.au<mailto:neustatl.gerry@abc.net.au>










[http://www.abc.net.au/corp/enter/img/brandsignature.jpg]<http://www.abc.net.au/corp/enter/emailsignature/promo.htm>




-

Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.

The information contained in this email and any attachment is confidential
and may contain legally privileged or copyright material. It is intended
only for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient
of this email, you are not permitted to disseminate, distribute or copy this
email or any attachments. If you have received this message in error, please
notify the sender immediately and delete this email from your system. The
ABC does not represent or warrant that this transmission is secure or virus
free. Before opening any attachment you should check for viruses. The ABC's
liability is limited to resupplying any email and attachments.


--
Check out my website for nvda tutorials and other blindness related material
at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net




--
we have not sent you but as a mercy to the creation.
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
imam hosein is the beacon of light and the ark of salvation.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
al-islam.org


Re: Help with tap and Radio

Brian's Mail list account BY <bglists@...>
 

This sender seems to have no name when I read the inbox list.
anyone?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Георги Ламбов" <obichamlegiona@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2016 7:12 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Help with tap and Radio


Hi!

By the way I was almost sure, that the speech goes about tapin radio but thought anyway that there's another program called: tab and radio, which I don't know about.

Georgi


На 15.10.2016 г. в 20:14 ч., David Goldfield написа:
The first thing I should mention about Tapinradio is that pressing f1
brings up a list of shortcut keys.

The quickest way to search for a station is to press ctrl+E.

Enter a call sign or a name.

At this point, pressing ctrl+Q moves into the list of possible search
results.

Press enter to play a station in the list.

ctrl+s stops the audio.

Ctrl+p will play it.

David Goldfield,
Assistive Technology Specialist

Feel free to visit my Web site
WWW.DavidGoldfield.Info

On 10/15/2016 10:01 AM, brennenkinch@gmail.com wrote:
Hi I am new to tap and Radio and I am trying to figure out how to use it with NVDA i can't seem to be able to find and play a station any help either on or off list would be appritiated thanks

Sent from my iPhone



Re: Email atachments

Gene
 

Did you issue the command I gave and then down arrow?  If so, you should see an item that says select columns.  If you having the view set to two line view, you should still hear select columns but that it is unavailable.  If you are using automatic, which I believe is the default, you should be able to open select coluns and then proceed.  If you are using one line view, you should also be able to select columns. 
Try what I described again.  That is:
Press alt then type v then v again then w.
Do not press enter after this.
Start down arrowing.  Let us know the results. 
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
Gene

Sent: Sunday, October 16, 2016 3:54 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Email atachments

The ribbon version.
 
From: Gene
Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2016 9:28 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Email atachments
 
Are you using the menu version or the ribbon version?  My instructions were for the ribbon version.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2016 12:43 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Email atachments
 
Can’t find any reference to colums in the view menu.
 
From: Gene
Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2016 6:02 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Email atachments
 
Assuming you are using the ribbon version, issue the command alt v, then v again, then w.
You are in a menu. 
Down arrow to columns or something with similar wording. 
Press eter.
Up and down arrow to see the different columns.  I didn't play with this but once you get to attachments, if you tab, you should see a move up and a move down button.  Active whichever button you want with the space bar as many times as you want. 
I believe there is an ok button you tab to and activate after making whatever changes you want.
I didn't check. 
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2016 10:07 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Email atachments
 
How do you do that?
 
From: Gene
Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2016 1:42 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Email atachments
 
If you change the order of the fields, that should determine what is read in which order.  Personally, I have no objection to having NVDA saying attachment first by default, I don't have a preference but my point is that you should be able to already determine the order within the program. 

Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2016 6:19 AM
Subject: [nvda] Email atachments
 
I use Windows live mail and it would be nice if NVDA could say has attachment before the subject like outlook express rather than after.


Weather Plus updated

Adriano Barbieri
 

Hi to every one,


version 4.1 - 16.10.2016

* Fixed bug in the forecast for up to 10 days;
Now if the estimates received are in number less than the request of the user, the missing days are indicated as unknown.
* Fixed string help entry on the command nvda+shift+w.
* Revised and updated documentation.

Download page:
http://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/weatherPlus.it.html

Direct download:
http://www.nvda.it/system/files/plugin/weather_plus4.1.nvda-addon?download=1
or:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5251169/Weather%20Plus4.1.nvda-addon

regards
Adriano


Re: Help with tap and Radio

Joe Hunter <joehunter@...>
 

I know nothing about tapin radio, so my questionis, will it record a stream pulled in by t i r.

On 15/10/2016 18:14, David Goldfield wrote:
The first thing I should mention about Tapinradio is that pressing f1
brings up a list of shortcut keys.

The quickest way to search for a station is to press ctrl+E.

Enter a call sign or a name.

At this point, pressing ctrl+Q moves into the list of possible search
results.

Press enter to play a station in the list.

ctrl+s stops the audio.

Ctrl+p will play it.

David Goldfield,
Assistive Technology Specialist

Feel free to visit my Web site
WWW.DavidGoldfield.Info

On 10/15/2016 10:01 AM, brennenkinch@gmail.com wrote:
Hi I am new to tap and Radio and I am trying to figure out how to use it with NVDA i can't seem to be able to find and play a station any help either on or off list would be appritiated thanks

Sent from my iPhone



getting mmore detailed indo

Gary Metzler <gmtravel@...>
 

Regards, Gary kn4ox


Re: Email atachments

Peter Beasley
 

The ribbon version.
 

From: Gene
Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2016 9:28 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Email atachments
 
Are you using the menu version or the ribbon version?  My instructions were for the ribbon version.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2016 12:43 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Email atachments
 
Can’t find any reference to colums in the view menu.
 
From: Gene
Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2016 6:02 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Email atachments
 
Assuming you are using the ribbon version, issue the command alt v, then v again, then w.
You are in a menu. 
Down arrow to columns or something with similar wording. 
Press eter.
Up and down arrow to see the different columns.  I didn't play with this but once you get to attachments, if you tab, you should see a move up and a move down button.  Active whichever button you want with the space bar as many times as you want. 
I believe there is an ok button you tab to and activate after making whatever changes you want.
I didn't check. 
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2016 10:07 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Email atachments
 
How do you do that?
 
From: Gene
Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2016 1:42 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Email atachments
 
If you change the order of the fields, that should determine what is read in which order.  Personally, I have no objection to having NVDA saying attachment first by default, I don't have a preference but my point is that you should be able to already determine the order within the program. 

Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2016 6:19 AM
Subject: [nvda] Email atachments
 
I use Windows live mail and it would be nice if NVDA could say has attachment before the subject like outlook express rather than after.