Date   

Re: Adobe Acrobat reader & NVDA

 

On Fri, Jul 29, 2022 at 05:46 AM, Gene wrote:
Never assume the spelling of names other than common ones like John. 
-
And even that can be fraught.  There are lots of J O N Jons out there.  Jon Voight is only one of very many.

When it comes to brand names, in particular, it becomes insane.  The spelling variations in order to have "unique branding" is enough to drive anyone mad!
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044  

The difference between a top-flight creative man and the hack is his ability to express powerful meanings indirectly.

         ~ Vance Packard


Re: NVDA on Patreon?

tim
 

You do know that is a video site like youtube.

You have to put content out to be paid for it.


On 7/28/2022 11:41 AM, Janet Brandly wrote:

Hello,

 

Has the NVDA team ever considered opening an account on Patrion? This might make it easier for people to donate to NVDA. I’d like to start donating monthly and, not being from Australia, would find this easier than using PayPal.

 

Just a thought,

 

Janet


Re: Adobe Acrobat reader & NVDA

Jackie
 

I hate Edge. I seriously hate edge. I guess if I have to use it I
will, but I'll cry or curse every time, likely the latter, depending
on my mood & whether kids are present.

On 7/29/22, Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@...> wrote:
Hi Group,

I, as did Quentin, downloaded the problem PDF and it works great in Edge
Browser.


On 7/29/2022 5:46 AM, Gene wrote:
However, if there are tables in a PDF document, Edge doesn't show them
as tables and you can't use table navigation commands.

I use Edge for reading documents without tables because it opens them
remarkably faster than Adobe, using Adobe accessibility rendering, if
the documents are long.

The spelling is adobe with an e at the end.  Never assume the spelling
of names other than common ones like John.  It may not matter on a
list composed  of blind people but when corresponding with sighted
people, it makes you look less competent.

Gene

On 7/29/2022 4:33 AM, Brian's Mail list account via groups.io wrote:
I have found that using Microsoft Edge to render these also works
better than Adobi'es own reader.
Its all daft. There are even some where the Adobe reckons its not
tagged for reading order, but clearly is as Edge does not run columns
together. Its as if there are several standards out there and nobody
supports them all. In theory, making a document format that you
cannot change should be easy even using Word. Why everyone rushes to
PDF has always eluded me.

However more of a debate for the chat group, which we have had many
times in many forums and nobody every seems to  take any notice
whatsoever.
Brian
--
Signature:
For a nation to admit it has done grievous wrongs and will strive to correct
them for the betterment of all is no vice;
For a nation to claim it has always been great, needs no improvement and to
cling to its past achievements is no virtue!





--
Subscribe to a WordPress for Newbies Mailing List by sending a message to:
wp4newbs-request@... with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by
visiting the list page at http://www.freelists.org/list/wp4newbs
& check out my sites at www.brightstarsweb.com & www.mysitesbeenhacked.com


Re: Focus problems with google chrome and microsoft edge

 

On Fri, Jul 29, 2022 at 05:32 AM, Gene wrote:
The person says this happens on every site.  No setting in a browser would cause this behavior on every site.
-
Even though the issue is now reported as fixed, I want to emphasize how right you are.  And even more so that it would not happen across multiple browsers on multiple machines.

The fact that the solution came in updating to a beta (which the fact that it's a beta is not the fix in and of itself) points out that the old tech trick of uninstall and reinstall when you have really bizarre issues is a go-to method as well.  Uninstalling 2022.2 and then reinstalling 2022.2 would have been every bit as likely to get the same result as installing 2022.3 beta 1 has.  It's still an "out with the old and bad, in with the new (or renewed)" form of fix.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044  

The difference between a top-flight creative man and the hack is his ability to express powerful meanings indirectly.

         ~ Vance Packard


Re: Article on Screen Reader History (including NVDA)

Josh Kennedy
 

in jaws it is called mouse echo, insert+space, letter e as in echo. then use the following commands  and also both jaws and NVDA offer visual highlighting so sighted people can follow along with what you are doing. in jaws it is in settings center I think in visual highlighting. 
The following commands are available in the Mouse Echo layer.
Toggle mouse echo On/Off = O.
Set mouse echo to character = C.
Set mouse echo to word = W.
Set mouse echo to line = L.
Set mouse echo to paragraph = P.



Re: Adobe Acrobat reader & NVDA

Ron Canazzi
 

Hi Group,

I, as did Quentin, downloaded the problem PDF and it works great in Edge Browser.


On 7/29/2022 5:46 AM, Gene wrote:
However, if there are tables in a PDF document, Edge doesn't show them as tables and you can't use table navigation commands.

I use Edge for reading documents without tables because it opens them remarkably faster than Adobe, using Adobe accessibility rendering, if the documents are long. 

The spelling is adobe with an e at the end.  Never assume the spelling of names other than common ones like John.  It may not matter on a list composed  of blind people but when corresponding with sighted people, it makes you look less competent.

Gene

On 7/29/2022 4:33 AM, Brian's Mail list account via groups.io wrote:
I have found that using Microsoft Edge to render these also works better than Adobi'es own reader.
Its all daft. There are even some where the Adobe reckons its not tagged for reading order, but clearly is as Edge does not run columns together. Its as if there are several standards out there and nobody supports them all. In theory, making a document format that you cannot change should be easy even using Word. Why everyone rushes to  PDF has always eluded me.

However more of a debate for the chat group, which we have had many times in many forums and nobody every seems to  take any notice whatsoever.
Brian



-- 
Signature:
For a nation to admit it has done grievous wrongs and will strive to correct them for the betterment of all is no vice;
For a nation to claim it has always been great, needs no improvement  and to cling to its past achievements is no virtue!


Re: NVDA shows "right to left" on Braille

Cyrille
 

Hi Afik

Is it a regression, i.e. a problem appeared with NVDA 2022.3beta1 which did not occur with NVDA 2022.2?
You may want to restart with disabled add-ons to test if the issue is due to Braille Extender (or any other add-on).

Cheers,

Cyrille


On Fri, Jul 29, 2022 at 11:24 AM, Afik Souffir wrote:

 

Hi,

 

I’ve updated to 2022.3 beta 1.

For unknown reason, NVDA showing on my Braille display: right to left.

 

Its Braille extender related?

 

Thanks much,

 


Re: In-Process is out - and NVDA 2022.3 Beta 1

Cyrille
 

Hi Brian and all

The issue with Sound Theme is gone thanks to you reporting the issue, first on the mailing-list and then on GitHub. This demonstrate the usefulness to test alpha/beta versions and report problems which may appear.

Cheers,

Cyrille






On Fri, Jul 29, 2022 at 11:38 AM, Brian's Mail list account wrote:
I'm glad that weird bug in the sound themes add on was fixed at least its
not present in this beta at least, so I'm assuming that to be the case.

Brian

--
bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.(Virgin media)
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Quentin Christensen" <quentin@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, July 29, 2022 4:44 AM
Subject: [nvda] In-Process is out - and NVDA 2022.3 Beta 1


Hi everyone,

The group was down briefly earlier so not sure if my post about NVDA
2022.3
beta 1 made it through - in any case, you can read all about it and all
the
other news in our latest In-Process, featuring NVDA 2022.2 AND the first
beta of NVDA 2022.3, info on the number pad, the new table commands, our
in-house radio stars AND a rundown of Drag and Drop (and no, it's not the
slogan from a 1950s civil defense video!)
https://www.nvaccess.org/post/in-process-27th-july-2022/

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Web: www.nvaccess.org
Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/
User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>






 On Fri, Jul 29, 2022 at 11:38 AM, Brian's Mail list account wrote:
I'm glad that weird bug in the sound themes add on was fixed at least its
not present in this beta at least, so I'm assuming that to be the case.

Brian

--
bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.(Virgin media)
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Quentin Christensen" <quentin@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, July 29, 2022 4:44 AM
Subject: [nvda] In-Process is out - and NVDA 2022.3 Beta 1


Hi everyone,

The group was down briefly earlier so not sure if my post about NVDA
2022.3
beta 1 made it through - in any case, you can read all about it and all
the
other news in our latest In-Process, featuring NVDA 2022.2 AND the first
beta of NVDA 2022.3, info on the number pad, the new table commands, our
in-house radio stars AND a rundown of Drag and Drop (and no, it's not the
slogan from a 1950s civil defense video!)
https://www.nvaccess.org/post/in-process-27th-july-2022/

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Web: www.nvaccess.org
Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/
User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>






Re: Adobe Acrobat reader & NVDA

Ron Canazzi
 

Hi Group,

I might have mentioned this before on this list, but I have changed my default from Adobe to Microsoft Edge Browser to read PDF documents.  Edge works very well with it.  The tool bar is at the top giving you very accessible choices for cut, copy, save, save as zoom in/out and so on. And I very seldom get a PDF document that doesn't read well with the Edge browser.

On 7/28/2022 11:16 PM, Jackie wrote:
Gene, you know what? I think it is. Screenreaders routinely alter the
appearance of documents to make them more usable, (think virtual
buffer for webpages). Adobe, like it or not, (& I don't) has become 1
of the most widely used tools, used by sighted & blind alike.

QRead happens to be a paid program. It seems also to be basically
abandoned, as in when its most recent incarnation broke keeping one's
place in the document, it was never fixed. I think because of the
nearly ubiquitous use of pdf documents, it's incumbant on screen
reader vendors to do whatever they can do to make these accessible. &
clearly a way to move forward doing just that has already been
implemented. So frankly I don't buy your argument.

On 7/28/22, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
This isn't an NVDA problem.  This is an illustration of why people need
more than one program in many cases.  One program recognizes the spaces
in this case and another doesn't.  In another document, the opposite may
be the case, Acrobat may render it better.

My guess is that a nonstandard code is used for spaces in the document.
My guess is that it has some sort of visual appeal.

Gene

On 7/28/2022 9:33 PM, Jackie wrote:
I have a question regarding NVDA & readability/accessibility of Adobe
acrobat documents. I'm using:
adobe Acrobat DC version 22.1.20169.0
Microsoft Windows 10 Version 21H2 (OS Build 19044.1826)

I also have a program called QRead on my system which opens .pdf
files. I'm going to paste 2 identical samples of a document, 1
generated via the combination of NVDA & Adobe Acrobat DC & the other
generated using QRead & NVDA, respectively.

I'd like to know why such significant differences exist, & what, if
anything, can be done, because clearly the 1st rendering is truly
unacceptable.

Version 1--Adobe Acrobat DC

Up and Running:
Up and Running:A REAPER User Guidev 6.0
Version6.0December 2019
Thisguidewillbeupdatedregularlyasthesoftwareitselfisfurther
improvedanddeveloped.Checkfor updatesandother informationat
http://www.cockos.com/reaper/
Thisdocumenthasbeenproduced,compiledandrenderedtoPDFformatusingthewonderfulLibreOfficeWritersoftware.
FormoreinformationaboutLibreOfficegotohttps://www.libreoffice.org/
How to Use This Guide
REAPER isasophisticatedprogramandthere isnosingle
obviousoreasywayorordertopresentalloftheinformation containedin
thisguide.Ifyou needmore information aboutanytopicthan appearson
anyparticularpage,trysearching!The PDFedition
isbookmarked,andyourPDFreaderincludesaFindfeatureon
itstoolbar.Also,both the PDFandprintededitionsfeature
acomprehensiveindex.Useit!

Version 2 QRead & NVDA

Up and Running:
A REAPER User Guide v 6.0
Version 6.0
December 2019
This guide will be updated regularly as the software itself is further
improved and developed.
Check for updates and other information at
http://www.cockos.com/reaper/
This document has been produced, compiled and rendered to PDF format using
the
wonderful LibreOffice Writer software.
For more information about LibreOffice go to https://www.libreoffice.org/
How to Use This Guide
REAPER is a sophisticated program and there is no single obvious or
easy way or order to present all of the
information contained in this guide. If you need more information
about any topic than appears on any particular
page, try searching! The PDF edition is bookmarked, and your PDF
reader includes a Find feature on its toolbar.
Also, both the PDF and printed editions feature a comprehensive index. Use
it!




--
Signature:
For a nation to admit it has done grievous wrongs and will strive to correct them for the betterment of all is no vice;
For a nation to claim it has always been great, needs no improvement and to cling to its past achievements is no virtue!


Re: Adobe Acrobat reader & NVDA

Gene
 

However, if there are tables in a PDF document, Edge doesn't show them as tables and you can't use table navigation commands.

I use Edge for reading documents without tables because it opens them remarkably faster than Adobe, using Adobe accessibility rendering, if the documents are long. 

The spelling is adobe with an e at the end.  Never assume the spelling of names other than common ones like John.  It may not matter on a list composed  of blind people but when corresponding with sighted people, it makes you look less competent.

Gene

On 7/29/2022 4:33 AM, Brian's Mail list account via groups.io wrote:

I have found that using Microsoft Edge to render these also works better than Adobi'es own reader.
Its all daft. There are even some where the Adobe reckons its not tagged for reading order, but clearly is as Edge does not run columns together. Its as if there are several standards out there and nobody supports them all. In theory, making a document format that you cannot change should be easy even using Word. Why everyone rushes to  PDF has always eluded me.

However more of a debate for the chat group, which we have had many times in many forums and nobody every seems to  take any notice whatsoever.
Brian



Re: Focus problems with google chrome and microsoft edge

Afik Souffir
 

Just updated to 2022.3 beta 1 and its all running nicely.

 

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Friday, July 29, 2022 12:33 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Focus problems with google chrome and microsoft edge

 

You aren't discussing the same behavior.  The person says this happens on every site.  No setting in a browser would cause this behavior on every site.

Gene

On 7/29/2022 4:14 AM, Brian's Mail list account via groups.io wrote:

No its definitely a web site or site config issue in my opinion. I also do not feel its malware as such, since from my point of view many  malware and anti virus scanners say I'm clear, so it has to be interaction between web sites and browser, maybe its as easy as tweaking a few settings.
As Brian says, you really need to be methodical if this is a serious issue stopping you from working.
Try one thing at a time. Its already clear that the browser makes a difference, and only Chrome based browsers are affected, so far so good. Get a sighted person in to see what the screen is actually doing if you can and if its different. For example sometimes inline adverts can cause this, but that may well be fixable in the browsers advert blocking policies or add ons. Like I say, I tend only to use Edge when circumstances must, but prefer Mozilla based browsers for consistency of behaviour.
Brian

 


Re: In-Process is out - and NVDA 2022.3 Beta 1

Brian's Mail list account
 

I'm glad that weird bug in the sound themes add on was fixed at least its not present in this beta at least, so I'm assuming that to be the case.

Brian

--
bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.(Virgin media)
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Quentin Christensen" <quentin@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, July 29, 2022 4:44 AM
Subject: [nvda] In-Process is out - and NVDA 2022.3 Beta 1


Hi everyone,

The group was down briefly earlier so not sure if my post about NVDA 2022.3
beta 1 made it through - in any case, you can read all about it and all the
other news in our latest In-Process, featuring NVDA 2022.2 AND the first
beta of NVDA 2022.3, info on the number pad, the new table commands, our
in-house radio stars AND a rundown of Drag and Drop (and no, it's not the
slogan from a 1950s civil defense video!)
https://www.nvaccess.org/post/in-process-27th-july-2022/

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Web: www.nvaccess.org
Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/
User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>





Re: Adobe Acrobat reader & NVDA

Brian's Mail list account
 

I have found that using Microsoft Edge to render these also works better than Adobi'es own reader.
Its all daft. There are even some where the Adobe reckons its not tagged for reading order, but clearly is as Edge does not run columns together. Its as if there are several standards out there and nobody supports them all. In theory, making a document format that you cannot change should be easy even using Word. Why everyone rushes to PDF has always eluded me.

However more of a debate for the chat group, which we have had many times in many forums and nobody every seems to take any notice whatsoever.
Brian

--
bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.(Virgin media)
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gene" <gsasner@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, July 29, 2022 3:59 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Adobe Acrobat reader & NVDA


This isn't an NVDA problem. This is an illustration of why people need more than one program in many cases. One program recognizes the spaces in this case and another doesn't. In another document, the opposite may be the case, Acrobat may render it better.

My guess is that a nonstandard code is used for spaces in the document. My guess is that it has some sort of visual appeal.

Gene

On 7/28/2022 9:33 PM, Jackie wrote:
I have a question regarding NVDA & readability/accessibility of Adobe
acrobat documents. I'm using:
adobe Acrobat DC version 22.1.20169.0
Microsoft Windows 10 Version 21H2 (OS Build 19044.1826)

I also have a program called QRead on my system which opens .pdf
files. I'm going to paste 2 identical samples of a document, 1
generated via the combination of NVDA & Adobe Acrobat DC & the other
generated using QRead & NVDA, respectively.

I'd like to know why such significant differences exist, & what, if
anything, can be done, because clearly the 1st rendering is truly
unacceptable.

Version 1--Adobe Acrobat DC

Up and Running:
Up and Running:A REAPER User Guidev 6.0
Version6.0December 2019
Thisguidewillbeupdatedregularlyasthesoftwareitselfisfurther
improvedanddeveloped.Checkfor updatesandother informationat
http://www.cockos.com/reaper/
Thisdocumenthasbeenproduced,compiledandrenderedtoPDFformatusingthewonderfulLibreOfficeWritersoftware.
FormoreinformationaboutLibreOfficegotohttps://www.libreoffice.org/
How to Use This Guide
REAPER isasophisticatedprogramandthere isnosingle
obviousoreasywayorordertopresentalloftheinformation containedin
thisguide.Ifyou needmore information aboutanytopicthan appearson
anyparticularpage,trysearching!The PDFedition
isbookmarked,andyourPDFreaderincludesaFindfeatureon
itstoolbar.Also,both the PDFandprintededitionsfeature
acomprehensiveindex.Useit!

Version 2 QRead & NVDA

Up and Running:
A REAPER User Guide v 6.0
Version 6.0
December 2019
This guide will be updated regularly as the software itself is further
improved and developed.
Check for updates and other information at
http://www.cockos.com/reaper/
This document has been produced, compiled and rendered to PDF format using the
wonderful LibreOffice Writer software.
For more information about LibreOffice go to https://www.libreoffice.org/
How to Use This Guide
REAPER is a sophisticated program and there is no single obvious or
easy way or order to present all of the
information contained in this guide. If you need more information
about any topic than appears on any particular
page, try searching! The PDF edition is bookmarked, and your PDF
reader includes a Find feature on its toolbar.
Also, both the PDF and printed editions feature a comprehensive index. Use it!




Re: Focus problems with google chrome and microsoft edge

Gene
 

You aren't discussing the same behavior.  The person says this happens on every site.  No setting in a browser would cause this behavior on every site.

Gene

On 7/29/2022 4:14 AM, Brian's Mail list account via groups.io wrote:

No its definitely a web site or site config issue in my opinion. I also do not feel its malware as such, since from my point of view many  malware and anti virus scanners say I'm clear, so it has to be interaction between web sites and browser, maybe its as easy as tweaking a few settings.
As Brian says, you really need to be methodical if this is a serious issue stopping you from working.
Try one thing at a time. Its already clear that the browser makes a difference, and only Chrome based browsers are affected, so far so good. Get a sighted person in to see what the screen is actually doing if you can and if its different. For example sometimes inline adverts can cause this, but that may well be fixable in the browsers advert blocking policies or add ons. Like I say, I tend only to use Edge when circumstances must, but prefer Mozilla based browsers for consistency of behaviour.
Brian



NVDA shows "right to left" on Braille

Afik Souffir
 

 

Hi,

 

I’ve updated to 2022.3 beta 1.

For unknown reason, NVDA showing on my Braille display: right to left.

 

Its Braille extender related?

 

Thanks much,

 


Re: NVDA on Patreon?

Brian's Mail list account
 

No indeed, I liked the translation failure videos, but the site is messy.
However as I say I feel the current NVAccess donation system via paypal entirely satisfactory, though it can be slow to respond sometimes.
Brian

--
bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.(Virgin media)
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "jamie coady" <jamiecoady1979@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2022 7:03 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA on Patreon?


Paypal on patreon is quite easy and so is doing it with your debit or credit card. Where I have the problem on there is navigating the site a little. I follow some people on there for fanfiction and it is hard getting to there works. There is not like a click here for my works or something like that.



Sent from Mail for Windows



From: Janet Brandly
Sent: 28 July 2022 18:06
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA on Patrion



OK I must admit I haven’t used PayPal in a while. Even so, getting NVDA on Patrion might provide an additional donation stream.


Re: NVDA on Patreon?

Brian's Mail list account
 

I donate monthly on the NVDA web site via paypal, with no issues whatsoever and I'm in the UK, it even tells me the equivalent mount in Gbp, or at least it did when I set it up. More recently I used a similar portal from one of the world blind organisations to donate to the needs of blind people in Ukraine with no issues there either.
I think their home currency was Canadian Dollars, but I could have used Euros, its all about exchange rates and the costs of conversion around the world.
Brian

--
bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.(Virgin media)
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Janet Brandly" <jbrandly@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2022 4:41 PM
Subject: [nvda] NVDA on Patrion?


Hello,



Has the NVDA team ever considered opening an account on Patrion? This might
make it easier for people to donate to NVDA. I'd like to start donating
monthly and, not being from Australia, would find this easier than using
PayPal.



Just a thought,



Janet


Re: Focus problems with google chrome and microsoft edge

Brian's Mail list account
 

No its definitely a web site or site config issue in my opinion. I also do not feel its malware as such, since from my point of view many malware and anti virus scanners say I'm clear, so it has to be interaction between web sites and browser, maybe its as easy as tweaking a few settings.
As Brian says, you really need to be methodical if this is a serious issue stopping you from working.
Try one thing at a time. Its already clear that the browser makes a difference, and only Chrome based browsers are affected, so far so good. Get a sighted person in to see what the screen is actually doing if you can and if its different. For example sometimes inline adverts can cause this, but that may well be fixable in the browsers advert blocking policies or add ons. Like I say, I tend only to use Edge when circumstances must, but prefer Mozilla based browsers for consistency of behaviour.
Brian

--
bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.(Virgin media)
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gene" <gsasner@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2022 8:17 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Focus problems with google chrome and microsoft edge


the last message from Afik said that the same problem happens with
JAWS. I see no reason to believe the issue is an NVDA issue.

Gene

On 7/28/2022 2:13 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
And I see no indication that _The Most Basic Troubleshooting Steps for
Suspected NVDA Issues <https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda/message/81494>
_have been tried. This could very well be add-on related, among other
things, and if it is add-on related and the same add-ons are in use on
both machines . . .
--

Brian -Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044

*/The difference between a top-flight creative man and the hack is his
ability to express powerful meanings indirectly./*

~ Vance Packard





Re: Focus problems with google chrome and microsoft edge

Brian's Mail list account
 

For the record, some pages have some kind of updated content at some point in the page. It does seem that Edge is more prone to jump to such places

I could try turning off the new content switch, but the last time I saw it was on a yahoo page, but never remember things like addresses, sorry. Using Firefox or waterfox you don't get any of that nonsense.
Brian
--
bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.(Virgin media)
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gene" <gsasner@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2022 5:06 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Focus problems with google chrome and microsoft edge


I don't know what causes the problem. Does it happen with another
screen-reader? This doesn't sound to me as though it has anything to do
with NVDA.

Gene
On 7/28/2022 10:58 AM, Afik Souffir wrote:
No, firefox is ok .
The problem, for example i’m on a website, and the focus jump to the
end of the website. Its happends every few seconds.


Get Outlook for iOS <https://aka.ms/o0ukef>
------------------------------------------------------------------------
*From:* nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of Gene
<gsasner@...>
*Sent:* Thursday, July 28, 2022 6:49:49 PM
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
*Subject:* Re: [nvda] Focus problems with google chrome and microsoft
edge
I don't have such problems but your question could be better discussed
if we have a specific example or examples of the problems you are having.

Also, you mentioned two browsers. Do you have the same problems with
a browser that isn't a Chrome-based browser such as Firefox?

Gene

On 7/28/2022 10:34 AM, Afik Souffir wrote:
Hi,
Do any of you have a problem with focus in google chrome or microsoft
edge?
Thanks,
Afik
Get Outlook for iOS
<https://nam12.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Faka.ms%2Fo0ukef&data=05%7C01%7C%7C7c0b7cad3d8f4738ceb608da70b0d106%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637946201962725800%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=MzksStOyP9CWUqyCgpnH6bgne%2FWt%2FdK3JY9%2BFEi7RuY%3D&reserved=0>





Re: Adobe Acrobat reader & NVDA

Quentin Christensen
 

With the Reaper user guide,


Using Adobe Reader DC 64-bit version 22.001.20169 with NVDA 2022.3beta1 on Windows 11 (64-bit) Version: 21H2 (2009), Build: 22000.795  I could read the file fine:

Here's a grab from the speech viewer:

Up and Running:
A REAPER User Guide v   6.64
Version   6.64
July 2022
This guide will be updated regularly as the software itself is further improved and developed.

Check for updates and other information at
link    http://www.cockos.com/reaper/
This document has been produced, compiled and rendered to PDF format using the     wonderful   LibreOffice Writer  software.



On Fri, Jul 29, 2022 at 3:45 PM Jackie <abletec@...> wrote:
Quentin, as usual, thanks for a very helpful reply. that sample was
actually a very small part of a public document, ie, the Reaper up and
running 6.0 user's guide, & I can find so many like it, including
government documents, that it'd make your head spin & your eyes pop.

It's getting late here, but I'll install a portable copy of the beta
tomorrow & try it out. If the problem isn't remedied, I'll happily
file a report on Github.

Bob, Adobe crashed when I tried to save this particular document as
text, but having converted many to text myself, I can't really
remember a time when it's helped.

Have a blessed day, whatever time it is in your part of the world, everyone.

On 7/28/22, Bob Cavanaugh <cavbob1993@...> wrote:
> There's a fairly easy way to figure out whether this is an NVDA
> problem or an Adobe problem. Adobe Reader can convert PDFs to text
> files. In most cases, those files are almost identical to what you see
> in the PDF file. The exception being of course that there are no
> headings, and if the PDF is an expandable tree, it will render in
> Notepad as a regular document. I had a document that I think I was
> going to try to convert and put spaces in once upon a time, but I
> never did that, and when I opened that document to test, it displayed
> properly. I vividly remember taking the time to put spaces in a text
> document after converting it from PDF for a research project in
> college. I'm tired tonight and probably won't have time to research
> this before leaving town for the weekend tomorrow, but if I still have
> this PDF, I can open it and report back probably Sunday or Monday.
>
> On 7/28/22, Jackie <abletec@...> wrote:
>> I have a question regarding NVDA & readability/accessibility of Adobe
>> acrobat documents. I'm using:
>> adobe Acrobat DC version 22.1.20169.0
>> Microsoft Windows 10 Version 21H2 (OS Build 19044.1826)
>>
>> I also have a program called QRead on my system which opens .pdf
>> files. I'm going to paste 2 identical samples of a document, 1
>> generated via the combination of NVDA & Adobe Acrobat DC & the other
>> generated using QRead & NVDA, respectively.
>>
>> I'd like to know why such significant differences exist, & what, if
>> anything, can be done, because clearly the 1st rendering is truly
>> unacceptable.
>>
>> Version 1--Adobe Acrobat DC
>>
>> Up and Running:
>> Up and Running:A REAPER User Guidev 6.0
>> Version6.0December 2019
>> Thisguidewillbeupdatedregularlyasthesoftwareitselfisfurther
>> improvedanddeveloped.Checkfor updatesandother informationat
>> http://www.cockos.com/reaper/
>> Thisdocumenthasbeenproduced,compiledandrenderedtoPDFformatusingthewonderfulLibreOfficeWritersoftware.
>> FormoreinformationaboutLibreOfficegotohttps://www.libreoffice.org/
>> How to Use This Guide
>> REAPER isasophisticatedprogramandthere isnosingle
>> obviousoreasywayorordertopresentalloftheinformation containedin
>> thisguide.Ifyou needmore information aboutanytopicthan appearson
>> anyparticularpage,trysearching!The PDFedition
>> isbookmarked,andyourPDFreaderincludesaFindfeatureon
>> itstoolbar.Also,both the PDFandprintededitionsfeature
>> acomprehensiveindex.Useit!
>>
>> Version 2 QRead & NVDA
>>
>> Up and Running:
>> A REAPER User Guide v 6.0
>> Version 6.0
>> December 2019
>> This guide will be updated regularly as the software itself is further
>> improved and developed.
>> Check for updates and other information at
>> http://www.cockos.com/reaper/
>> This document has been produced, compiled and rendered to PDF format
>> using
>> the
>> wonderful LibreOffice Writer software.
>> For more information about LibreOffice go to https://www.libreoffice.org/
>> How to Use This Guide
>> REAPER is a sophisticated program and there is no single obvious or
>> easy way or order to present all of the
>> information contained in this guide. If you need more information
>> about any topic than appears on any particular
>> page, try searching! The PDF edition is bookmarked, and your PDF
>> reader includes a Find feature on its toolbar.
>> Also, both the PDF and printed editions feature a comprehensive index.
>> Use
>> it!
>>
>> --
>> Subscribe to a WordPress for Newbies Mailing List by sending a message
>> to:
>> wp4newbs-request@... with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR
>> by
>> visiting the list page at http://www.freelists.org/list/wp4newbs
>> & check out my sites at www.brightstarsweb.com &
>> www.mysitesbeenhacked.com
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
>
>


--
Subscribe to a WordPress for Newbies Mailing List by sending a message to:
wp4newbs-request@... with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by
visiting the list page at http://www.freelists.org/list/wp4newbs
& check out my sites at www.brightstarsweb.com & www.mysitesbeenhacked.com







--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

3541 - 3560 of 101228