Date   

Re: Unable To Display Status Bar IN Latest Thunderbird Version 102.1.1

Sarah k Alawami
 

There really is no way to find out because of our NDAs we are often under. It would be interesting however to know.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Saturday, October 29, 2022 12:58 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Unable To Display Status Bar IN Latest Thunderbird Version 102.1.1

 

Thank you.  It would be interesting to know how many blind people are beta testers of various programs. 

Gene

On 10/29/2022 2:40 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:

On Sat, Oct 29, 2022 at 12:56 PM, Gene wrote:

I was responding to Sarah because even if she is right about many developers, Thunderbird developers have shown themselves responsive. 

-
You are correct.  I really thought I had expanded the bottom-quoted part of that message and thought it was in response to one of mine.  I always try to check this before posting, as that's how I figure out whether to respond at all in many cases.

I must not have had my second cup of coffee yet and got careless.  My apologies.  (I still stand by what I stated earlier, but it should not have been directed at you.)
--

Brian - Virginia, USA  - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 22H2, Build 19045  

There are many people who can only make themselves feel better about themselves by making themselves feel better than others.

    ~ Commenter Looking_in on the Washington Post, 7/10/2014

 


locked Re: streaming software that works well with NVDA

Sarah k Alawami
 

There is not, however it is quite easy to figure out, if you have any questions ask on the chat group.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Warren L
Sent: Saturday, October 29, 2022 9:44 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] streaming software that works well with NVDA

 

Hello,

Is there a tutorial on how to use OBS with nvda (or any screen reader)? I'm looking to do this myself.

Warren L

Moderator Edit: Added (or any screen reader) since a tutorial for, say, JAWS with OBS is pretty directly translatable to NVDA, Narrator, etc.


Re: Unable To Display Status Bar IN Latest Thunderbird Version 102.1.1

Gene
 

Thank you.  It would be interesting to know how many blind people are beta testers of various programs. 

Gene

On 10/29/2022 2:40 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:

On Sat, Oct 29, 2022 at 12:56 PM, Gene wrote:
I was responding to Sarah because even if she is right about many developers, Thunderbird developers have shown themselves responsive. 
-
You are correct.  I really thought I had expanded the bottom-quoted part of that message and thought it was in response to one of mine.  I always try to check this before posting, as that's how I figure out whether to respond at all in many cases.

I must not have had my second cup of coffee yet and got careless.  My apologies.  (I still stand by what I stated earlier, but it should not have been directed at you.)
--

Brian Virginia, USA  Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 22H2, Build 19045  

There are many people who can only make themselves feel better about themselves by making themselves feel better than others.

    ~ Commenter Looking_in on the Washington Post, 7/10/2014



Re: Unable To Display Status Bar IN Latest Thunderbird Version 102.1.1

 

On Sat, Oct 29, 2022 at 12:56 PM, Gene wrote:
I was responding to Sarah because even if she is right about many developers, Thunderbird developers have shown themselves responsive. 
-
You are correct.  I really thought I had expanded the bottom-quoted part of that message and thought it was in response to one of mine.  I always try to check this before posting, as that's how I figure out whether to respond at all in many cases.

I must not have had my second cup of coffee yet and got careless.  My apologies.  (I still stand by what I stated earlier, but it should not have been directed at you.)
--

Brian Virginia, USA  Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 22H2, Build 19045  

There are many people who can only make themselves feel better about themselves by making themselves feel better than others.

    ~ Commenter Looking_in on the Washington Post, 7/10/2014


locked Re: streaming software that works well with NVDA

Warren L
 

Hello,

Is there a tutorial on how to use OBS with nvda (or any screen reader)? I'm looking to do this myself.

Warren L

Moderator Edit: Added (or any screen reader) since a tutorial for, say, JAWS with OBS is pretty directly translatable to NVDA, Narrator, etc.


Re: Unable To Access Documents In Google Docs

Sarah k Alawami
 

Also try turning on speak dynamic text, if that is turned off the spreadsheet and stuff might not work as expected. I recently had this issue with sheets.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Russell James
Sent: Saturday, October 29, 2022 12:17 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Unable To Access Documents In Google Docs

 

Hi Bhavya,

 

Sorry, that sounds super frustrating!

 

I'm also using Windows 10 and NVDA 2022.3.1

However, I'm using Firefox Nightly.

 

I may use NVDA and Google Docs differently

However, when I arrow around in the body of the document it is spoken as expected.

 

Maybe you can try one of the Firefox or non chrome based browsers to see if things work better as a work around

 

In the Google document I was checking

The summary/outline is accessible to the physical mouse over

However the body of the document is not accessible to the physical mouse over

The comments from other users is accessible to the physical mouse over

 

I hope this helps

 

Russ

 

On Fri, Oct 28, 2022 at 9:52 PM Bhavya shah <bhavya.shah125@...> wrote:

Dear all,

I am using NVDA 2022.3 and the latest stable version of Microsoft Edge
on Windows 10. At least for the last several weeks, I have not been
able to access Google Docs document directly. I Press Ctrl+Alt+Z to
turn screen reader support on and off, switch between browse and focus
modes, and arrow around and Tab around to no avail. While navigating,
I simply get "grouping  focused  off screen" and "Document content
edit  multi line  blank." I have been going into focus mode and going
Ctrl+A followed by Ctrl+c to paste the document text in a separate
text editor to review, which, of course, is a non-ideal work-around.

Have you experienced this issue? Do you know of a more effective
solution? I would truly appreciate any tips or suggestions.

Kind Regards,
Bhavya Shah
B.S. in Mathematical and Computational Science | Stanford '24
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/bhavyashah125/





Re: Unable To Access Documents In Google Docs

Russell James
 

Hi Bhavya,

Sorry, that sounds super frustrating!

I'm also using Windows 10 and NVDA 2022.3.1
However, I'm using Firefox Nightly.

I may use NVDA and Google Docs differently
However, when I arrow around in the body of the document it is spoken as expected.

Maybe you can try one of the Firefox or non chrome based browsers to see if things work better as a work around

In the Google document I was checking
The summary/outline is accessible to the physical mouse over
However the body of the document is not accessible to the physical mouse over
The comments from other users is accessible to the physical mouse over

I hope this helps

Russ


On Fri, Oct 28, 2022 at 9:52 PM Bhavya shah <bhavya.shah125@...> wrote:
Dear all,

I am using NVDA 2022.3 and the latest stable version of Microsoft Edge
on Windows 10. At least for the last several weeks, I have not been
able to access Google Docs document directly. I Press Ctrl+Alt+Z to
turn screen reader support on and off, switch between browse and focus
modes, and arrow around and Tab around to no avail. While navigating,
I simply get "grouping  focused  off screen" and "Document content
edit  multi line  blank." I have been going into focus mode and going
Ctrl+A followed by Ctrl+c to paste the document text in a separate
text editor to review, which, of course, is a non-ideal work-around.

Have you experienced this issue? Do you know of a more effective
solution? I would truly appreciate any tips or suggestions.

Kind Regards,
Bhavya Shah
B.S. in Mathematical and Computational Science | Stanford '24
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/bhavyashah125/






Re: Unable To Display Status Bar IN Latest Thunderbird Version 102.1.1

Gene
 

Its very interesting.  I just checked using the latest version, on which I didn't install any version of the Mozilla Apps Enhancement and the status line wasn't read.  I then tried a portable version that is a few versions behind with an older version of the apps enhancement on it and the status line was read.  Perhaps something has changed, not intentionally, in the program that allows the old add-on to cause the status line to be read whereas it didn't before.

Gene

On 10/29/2022 12:45 PM, Gene via groups.io wrote:

I wonder what others will report. 

Gene

On 10/29/2022 12:40 PM, Roger Stewart wrote:
I must be missing something here. I'm seeing all these messages saying the status bar problem has been fixed but I haven't been able to use it for quite a while now.I just updated to 102.4.1 and I still can't find status bar with NVDA at all.  The progress beeps did come back very quickly but for me, the status bar just isn't there. I checked in the view menu and status bar is checked so if it were there, NVDA should be able to see it but it isn't.  I'm using latest stable version of NVDA and Win 10 with latest updates installed. 

Roger








On 10/29/2022 11:56 AM, Gene wrote:
I was responding to Sarah because even if she is right about many developers, Thunderbird developers have shown themselves responsive. 

If developers are unresponsive, it would probably be a waste of time, but in cases where companies repeatedly release new versions of software with serious accessibility problems, then solve them once they are pointed out, I wonder if there are blind people beta testing or testing earlier releases so the company might address the problems before release.

Gene
On 10/29/2022 11:18 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Sat, Oct 29, 2022 at 11:43 AM, Gene wrote:
But I'm talking specifically about Thunderbird.
-
So what?

What I brought up applies to Thunderbird or any other piece of software.   Accessibility testing is best accomplished in real-world conditions, so getting blind beta testers out there who are casual users, not people who test for money, and way more of them would be a very good thing indeed.  And that involves just taking it upon yourself to grab betas of things you use, use 'em, and report issues, regardless of product.
--

Brian Virginia, USA  Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 22H2, Build 19045  

There are many people who can only make themselves feel better about themselves by making themselves feel better than others.

    ~ Commenter Looking_in on the Washington Post, 7/10/2014






Re: Unable To Display Status Bar IN Latest Thunderbird Version 102.1.1

Gene
 

I wonder what others will report. 

Gene

On 10/29/2022 12:40 PM, Roger Stewart wrote:

I must be missing something here. I'm seeing all these messages saying the status bar problem has been fixed but I haven't been able to use it for quite a while now.I just updated to 102.4.1 and I still can't find status bar with NVDA at all.  The progress beeps did come back very quickly but for me, the status bar just isn't there. I checked in the view menu and status bar is checked so if it were there, NVDA should be able to see it but it isn't.  I'm using latest stable version of NVDA and Win 10 with latest updates installed. 

Roger








On 10/29/2022 11:56 AM, Gene wrote:
I was responding to Sarah because even if she is right about many developers, Thunderbird developers have shown themselves responsive. 

If developers are unresponsive, it would probably be a waste of time, but in cases where companies repeatedly release new versions of software with serious accessibility problems, then solve them once they are pointed out, I wonder if there are blind people beta testing or testing earlier releases so the company might address the problems before release.

Gene
On 10/29/2022 11:18 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Sat, Oct 29, 2022 at 11:43 AM, Gene wrote:
But I'm talking specifically about Thunderbird.
-
So what?

What I brought up applies to Thunderbird or any other piece of software.   Accessibility testing is best accomplished in real-world conditions, so getting blind beta testers out there who are casual users, not people who test for money, and way more of them would be a very good thing indeed.  And that involves just taking it upon yourself to grab betas of things you use, use 'em, and report issues, regardless of product.
--

Brian Virginia, USA  Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 22H2, Build 19045  

There are many people who can only make themselves feel better about themselves by making themselves feel better than others.

    ~ Commenter Looking_in on the Washington Post, 7/10/2014





Re: Unable To Display Status Bar IN Latest Thunderbird Version 102.1.1

Roger Stewart
 

I must be missing something here. I'm seeing all these messages saying the status bar problem has been fixed but I haven't been able to use it for quite a while now.I just updated to 102.4.1 and I still can't find status bar with NVDA at all.  The progress beeps did come back very quickly but for me, the status bar just isn't there. I checked in the view menu and status bar is checked so if it were there, NVDA should be able to see it but it isn't.  I'm using latest stable version of NVDA and Win 10 with latest updates installed. 

Roger








On 10/29/2022 11:56 AM, Gene wrote:

I was responding to Sarah because even if she is right about many developers, Thunderbird developers have shown themselves responsive. 

If developers are unresponsive, it would probably be a waste of time, but in cases where companies repeatedly release new versions of software with serious accessibility problems, then solve them once they are pointed out, I wonder if there are blind people beta testing or testing earlier releases so the company might address the problems before release.

Gene
On 10/29/2022 11:18 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Sat, Oct 29, 2022 at 11:43 AM, Gene wrote:
But I'm talking specifically about Thunderbird.
-
So what?

What I brought up applies to Thunderbird or any other piece of software.   Accessibility testing is best accomplished in real-world conditions, so getting blind beta testers out there who are casual users, not people who test for money, and way more of them would be a very good thing indeed.  And that involves just taking it upon yourself to grab betas of things you use, use 'em, and report issues, regardless of product.
--

Brian Virginia, USA  Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 22H2, Build 19045  

There are many people who can only make themselves feel better about themselves by making themselves feel better than others.

    ~ Commenter Looking_in on the Washington Post, 7/10/2014




Re: Unable To Display Status Bar IN Latest Thunderbird Version 102.1.1

Gene
 

I was responding to Sarah because even if she is right about many developers, Thunderbird developers have shown themselves responsive. 

If developers are unresponsive, it would probably be a waste of time, but in cases where companies repeatedly release new versions of software with serious accessibility problems, then solve them once they are pointed out, I wonder if there are blind people beta testing or testing earlier releases so the company might address the problems before release.

Gene
On 10/29/2022 11:18 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:

On Sat, Oct 29, 2022 at 11:43 AM, Gene wrote:
But I'm talking specifically about Thunderbird.
-
So what?

What I brought up applies to Thunderbird or any other piece of software.   Accessibility testing is best accomplished in real-world conditions, so getting blind beta testers out there who are casual users, not people who test for money, and way more of them would be a very good thing indeed.  And that involves just taking it upon yourself to grab betas of things you use, use 'em, and report issues, regardless of product.
--

Brian Virginia, USA  Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 22H2, Build 19045  

There are many people who can only make themselves feel better about themselves by making themselves feel better than others.

    ~ Commenter Looking_in on the Washington Post, 7/10/2014



Re: Unable To Display Status Bar IN Latest Thunderbird Version 102.1.1

 

On Sat, Oct 29, 2022 at 11:43 AM, Gene wrote:
But I'm talking specifically about Thunderbird.
-
So what?

What I brought up applies to Thunderbird or any other piece of software.   Accessibility testing is best accomplished in real-world conditions, so getting blind beta testers out there who are casual users, not people who test for money, and way more of them would be a very good thing indeed.  And that involves just taking it upon yourself to grab betas of things you use, use 'em, and report issues, regardless of product.
--

Brian Virginia, USA  Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 22H2, Build 19045  

There are many people who can only make themselves feel better about themselves by making themselves feel better than others.

    ~ Commenter Looking_in on the Washington Post, 7/10/2014


Re: Unable To Display Status Bar IN Latest Thunderbird Version 102.1.1

Sarah k Alawami
 

Since most of us are under NDAs you probably won’t get an answer, I often don’t say that I’m beta testing this or that as I get hounded with requests, so I make my own NDAs when I’m testing. Only after the fact once I’m out of the team or when things have quieted do I say something, then I add, do not ask me question, do not come to me for help, do not report bugs to me.

Anyway, I’m gone.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Saturday, October 29, 2022 8:44 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Unable To Display Status Bar IN Latest Thunderbird Version 102.1.1

 

But I'm talking specifically about Thunderbird.  When a production version came out with the status line problem it was quickly discovered and discussed here.  It has been fixed a reasonable time after the discussion so developers have shown themselves to be responsive.
The incident raises the question of how many blind people are beta testers or earlier release testers.

While I don't think serious accessibility problems will be introduced into Thunderbird, having some blind people beta testing or earlier release testing would catch such problems before production releases.

Gene

On 10/29/2022 10:18 AM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

Often it does not matter how many blind people test, it matters however if developers are receptive to change, which sadly, most are still not.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Saturday, October 29, 2022 7:19 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Unable To Display Status Bar IN Latest Thunderbird Version 102.1.1

 

Here is an update of an old thread.  In recent updates of Thunderbird, the status line is again read without using the add-on to correct the problem.  This is a point of interest because it demonstrates that whomever is responsible for correcting accessibility problems in Thunderbird corrected it.

I wonder how many blind people test the newest releases or betas of Thunderbird to alert the developers to problems before versions are released with problems?

Gene

 


Re: Unable To Display Status Bar IN Latest Thunderbird Version 102.1.1

Gene
 

But I'm talking specifically about Thunderbird.  When a production version came out with the status line problem it was quickly discovered and discussed here.  It has been fixed a reasonable time after the discussion so developers have shown themselves to be responsive.
The incident raises the question of how many blind people are beta testers or earlier release testers.

While I don't think serious accessibility problems will be introduced into Thunderbird, having some blind people beta testing or earlier release testing would catch such problems before production releases.

Gene

On 10/29/2022 10:18 AM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

Often it does not matter how many blind people test, it matters however if developers are receptive to change, which sadly, most are still not.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Saturday, October 29, 2022 7:19 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Unable To Display Status Bar IN Latest Thunderbird Version 102.1.1

 

Here is an update of an old thread.  In recent updates of Thunderbird, the status line is again read without using the add-on to correct the problem.  This is a point of interest because it demonstrates that whomever is responsible for correcting accessibility problems in Thunderbird corrected it.

I wonder how many blind people test the newest releases or betas of Thunderbird to alert the developers to problems before versions are released with problems?

Gene



Re: Unable To Display Status Bar IN Latest Thunderbird Version 102.1.1

 
Edited

On Sat, Oct 29, 2022 at 11:18 AM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
Often it does not matter how many blind people test, it matters however if developers are receptive to change, which sadly, most are still not.
-
I absolutely cannot argue with this.  But the flip side is that there are organizations, and Mozilla is one of them, that have shown a dedication to accessibility for a very long time and who do try to remedy issues when those are identified.

Gene has a good point as well.  Any screen reader user who believes that any software maker, including the large ones, has a massive cadre of blind testers combing through upcoming software during the beta stages for potential issues is deluding themselves.  Some of the largest ones have some in-house accessibility testing, most of the rest farm this out under contract to small businesses who do it.  In any case, it's very easy for testers to miss something, particularly regressions, because complex pieces of software do not have each and every function retested at each release.  Beta releases are put out there for a reason, and not just related to accessibility.  Real end users in real world situations often encounter things that simply end up being missed by both automated and human-controlled testing.  Every combination and permutation of doing thing X or Y will not be a part of formal testing.  If you end up running into an issue, reporting it is what gets it fixed (at least at some point, if not nearly immediately).

I've emphasized, many times, that beta releases are not out there primarily to give users a "sneak peek" of what's coming up.  They're out there so that the part of the user community that's so inclined can be a part of testing under real world conditions.  Part of using a beta is an implied obligation on the part of the user to report errors they encounter while using it.  If you don't hit any, then that's great, but if you do, you should promptly report them.
--

Brian Virginia, USA  Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 22H2, Build 19045  

There are many people who can only make themselves feel better about themselves by making themselves feel better than others.

    ~ Commenter Looking_in on the Washington Post, 7/10/2014


Re: Unable To Display Status Bar IN Latest Thunderbird Version 102.1.1

Sarah k Alawami
 

Often it does not matter how many blind people test, it matters however if developers are receptive to change, which sadly, most are still not.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Saturday, October 29, 2022 7:19 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Unable To Display Status Bar IN Latest Thunderbird Version 102.1.1

 

Here is an update of an old thread.  In recent updates of Thunderbird, the status line is again read without using the add-on to correct the problem.  This is a point of interest because it demonstrates that whomever is responsible for correcting accessibility problems in Thunderbird corrected it.

I wonder how many blind people test the newest releases or betas of Thunderbird to alert the developers to problems before versions are released with problems?

Gene


locked Re: streaming software that works well with NVDA

Sarah k Alawami
 

Look at the nvda group on groupsl.io. there you will find a heading called subgroups. Look for the chat group, find the at sign with find after clicking the subgroup’s name, click the link that will show up, scroll down to the email section, click the subscribe email and follow all prompts.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jay
Sent: Saturday, October 29, 2022 6:26 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] streaming software that works well with NVDA

 

Sarah,

 

What is this chat group you’re talking about, and how do I find it? Thanks for the tip, really appreciate it.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sarah k Alawami
Sent: Friday, October 28, 2022 11:05 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] streaming software that works well with NVDA

 

You will need to use obs. Accessibility has gotten a lot better, I now use it as my daily driver when I’m streaming. I did have a video glitch, however that was my fault.

 

Feel free to ask questions in the chat group on how to use it.

 

Tc.

------

 

Sarah Alawami: owner of flying blind.  Read my story at http://flyingblind.us.

 

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jay
Sent: Friday, October 28, 2022 6:41 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] streaming software that works well with NVDA

 

Hello all,

 

I’m hoping this is the right place to post this, but I’m looking for some recommendations for streaming software that works well with NVDa. I have a play station 5, and want to broadcast my game play to services like Twitch, youtube, facebook live, and other platforms but I’m not sure what streaming software works well with NVDA. I heard OBS Studio is somewhat accessible, and it’s doable to use but if there is any other accessible streaming software that might be better than OBS studio, please feel free to let me know.

 

Thanks.


Re: Unable To Display Status Bar IN Latest Thunderbird Version 102.1.1

Gene
 

Here is an update of an old thread.  In recent updates of Thunderbird, the status line is again read without using the add-on to correct the problem.  This is a point of interest because it demonstrates that whomever is responsible for correcting accessibility problems in Thunderbird corrected it.

I wonder how many blind people test the newest releases or betas of Thunderbird to alert the developers to problems before versions are released with problems?

Gene


locked Re: streaming software that works well with NVDA

Jay
 

George,

 

Thanks. I appreciate it, and thanks to all that replied. Really appreciate the help.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of George McCoy
Sent: Saturday, October 29, 2022 7:12 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] streaming software that works well with NVDA

 

I agree with sarah. OBS works well with NVDA. I have been streaming live music on Facebook with it since early 2019 with very good results.

 

George

On 10/28/2022 8:40 PM, Jay wrote:

Hello all,

 

I’m hoping this is the right place to post this, but I’m looking for some recommendations for streaming software that works well with NVDa. I have a play station 5, and want to broadcast my game play to services like Twitch, youtube, facebook live, and other platforms but I’m not sure what streaming software works well with NVDA. I heard OBS Studio is somewhat accessible, and it’s doable to use but if there is any other accessible streaming software that might be better than OBS studio, please feel free to let me know.

 

Thanks.


locked Re: streaming software that works well with NVDA

Jay
 

Sarah,

 

What is this chat group you’re talking about, and how do I find it? Thanks for the tip, really appreciate it.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sarah k Alawami
Sent: Friday, October 28, 2022 11:05 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] streaming software that works well with NVDA

 

You will need to use obs. Accessibility has gotten a lot better, I now use it as my daily driver when I’m streaming. I did have a video glitch, however that was my fault.

 

Feel free to ask questions in the chat group on how to use it.

 

Tc.

------

 

Sarah Alawami: owner of flying blind.  Read my story at http://flyingblind.us.

 

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jay
Sent: Friday, October 28, 2022 6:41 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] streaming software that works well with NVDA

 

Hello all,

 

I’m hoping this is the right place to post this, but I’m looking for some recommendations for streaming software that works well with NVDa. I have a play station 5, and want to broadcast my game play to services like Twitch, youtube, facebook live, and other platforms but I’m not sure what streaming software works well with NVDA. I heard OBS Studio is somewhat accessible, and it’s doable to use but if there is any other accessible streaming software that might be better than OBS studio, please feel free to let me know.

 

Thanks.