Date   

Re: New Member

Robert Doc Wright godfearer
 

Welcome, I remember you from a one time visit on skype when the skype devotional group met. Now we are on teamtalk.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 11:01 PM
Subject: [nvda] New Member

Hi, I would like to introduce myself.

I am Keao, and I’m from Hawaii.

I use to be on the old nvda group back in I think in 2004 or 5 when it was on yahoo groups.

I wondered where this group went to, since you guys moved to groups.io it’s great!

Been an NVDA user for almost a year now, still getting use to the commands apart from Jaws.

Glad to meet you all!


Re: How different is NVDA different than Jaws? ... JAWS cursor

Robert Doc Wright godfearer
 

Here is his tutorial on using the golden cursor addon. In it he speaks a little about objects.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Annette Moore" <angelgirl52376@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 7:28 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] How different is NVDA different than Jaws? ... JAWS cursor


I'll add my "Yes" to the growing list of requests for a tutorial pertaining to object navigation. I kno how to get in and out of screen and object review, but I don't really know the difference.

Merry christmas and happy holidays to all of you!

Annette

On 12/23/2018 12:10 PM, Pascal Lambert wrote:
Hi Joseph,
I think a tutorial on object navigation would be helpful when you have time. Many on this list would appreciate it.
Have a merry Christmas.
Merry Christmas to all.
Blessings
Pascal

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Joseph Lee
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 12:40 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] How different is NVDA different than Jaws? ... JAWS cursor

Hi,
In order to understand how object navigation works, it is helpful to get an overview of how things are laid out on screen. Effectively, when you use this mode, you're navigating in and out of various controls on screen (hierarchy, if you will).
I'll wait for more requests before writing a slightly more thorough tutorial on object navigation (I think I did this before, but can't remember quite well at the moment due to volume of changes since than and in the midst of preparing for Christmas festivities).
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brice Mijares
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 9:17 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] How different is NVDA different than Jaws? ... JAWS cursor

I'd surely appreciate that. I too have a problem understanding Object navigation as I was a 18 year user of Window Eyes. Thank You.

On 12/23/2018 8:58 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,

If people want, I’m willing to “transcribe” object navigation portion
of my tutorial series or do a more thorough write up.

Cheers,

Joseph

*From:* nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> *On Behalf Of *David
Goldfield
*Sent:* Sunday, December 23, 2018 8:50 AM
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io
*Subject:* Re: [nvda] How different is NVDA different than Jaws? ...
JAWS cursor

Ann,

I can well relate to this struggle with object navigation. When I
first started using NVDA in 2009 I had been a user of JAWS since version 1.0.
At that time, object navigation was so confusing that I felt that I
had to turn my mind inside out just to get a grip on it and, for a
while, I pretty much ignored the capability. I just used the standard
arrow keys to navigate and was pretty content doing so.

A few things turned me around, however. First, understanding the Mac's
method of interacting with windows within windows or controls within a
window helped as the concepts, to me, were similar. And, while I don't
want to turn this into a JAWS vs NVDA debate, the fact is that object
navigation on the numeric keypad will allow you to explore certain
program windows that the JAWS cursor just doesn't see, especially in
Windows 10. When I was training new users in how to use NVDA I know
that some of them would never have been able to deal with object navigation.
However, pressing insert-7 (on the number pad) to put NVDA into flat
review mode may work for a lot of people, even though this mode may
not work for all windows. Within this mode and even in the standard
review mode the number pad commands may be more intuitive with 7, 8
and 9 for previous, current and next line, 4, 5 and 6 for previous,
current and next word and 1, 2 and 3 for previous, current and next
character. This feels very comfortable for me since ASAP, a screen
reader I used in the DOS days, used the same commands for its review capability.

David Goldfield, Assistive Technology Specialist
WWW.David-Goldfield.Com <http://WWW.David-Goldfield.Com>

On 12/23/2018 11:40 AM, Ann Byrne wrote:

My most difficult issue with NVDA is understanding object view. I
struggle to move freely around the screen the way the JAWS cursor
often does.











Re: New Member

Rosemarie Chavarria
 

Wow, that's neat you're from Hawaii. A friend of mine and her husband used to live there for a while. He was in the service so he was stationed there. I don't remember what island he was stationed on though.

 

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Keao Wright
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 10:02 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] New Member

 

Hi, I would like to introduce myself.

I am Keao, and I’m from Hawaii.

I use to be on the old nvda group back in I think in 2004 or 5 when it was on yahoo groups.

I wondered where this group went to, since you guys moved to groups.io it’s great!

Been an NVDA user for almost a year now, still getting use to the commands apart from Jaws.

Glad to meet you all!


Re: New Member

Rosemarie Chavarria
 

Hi, Keao,

 

Welcome to this great list. You'll find lots of folks willing to help on this great list.

 

Rosemarie

 

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Annette Moore
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 10:04 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] New Member

 

Welcome to the group, Keao! I believe you will learn a lot and glean a great deal of information from being on this list. it's a great one!

Annette

On 12/24/2018 12:01 AM, Keao Wright wrote:

Hi, I would like to introduce myself.

I am Keao, and I’m from Hawaii.

I use to be on the old nvda group back in I think in 2004 or 5 when it was on yahoo groups.

I wondered where this group went to, since you guys moved to groups.io it’s great!

Been an NVDA user for almost a year now, still getting use to the commands apart from Jaws.

Glad to meet you all!


Re: Merry Christmas

Rosemarie Chavarria
 

I think I remember Mom getting the spiral ham for us. I like ham but I can't eat it too often because I have high blood pressure and have to watch my salt content.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Annette Moore
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 9:27 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Merry Christmas

Hi, Rosemarie. I'm glad we're doing some turkey tomorrow as I don't like ham. I do like the spiral hams because they're lean and have this wonderful glaze on them, but as a rule, I don't care for ham much at all.

Annette

On 12/23/2018 9:37 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:
Hi, Annette,

When I was growing up, we used to have ham for Christmas and turkey for Thanksgiving.

Rosemarie



-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Annette Moore
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 7:35 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Merry Christmas

It'll be turkey breast, ham and all the fixings, along with snacks and finger foods tomorrow, then, on Christmas Day, we're going to my aunt's and she usually has ham and all the fixings, so lots of food and goodies to enjoy for the next couple of days.

Annette

On 12/23/2018 9:30 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:
We usually have prime rib at our house too. I think we'll be having that again this year.



-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
molly the blind tech lover
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 6:15 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Merry Christmas

My mom usually makes prime rib, but this year, in addition to the salmon we're also having sword fish (not sure if I'm spelling that correctly) I also can't wait for pumpkin bread and ice cream. Yum.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Keao
Wright
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 9:06 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Merry Christmas

Sounds like fun!
I think every year we will have primerib, but not sure.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of molly
the blind tech lover
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 3:07 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Merry Christmas

I'm hoping for a google home hub this year. And to spend time with family and eat salmon and stuffed mushrooms and lots of sweets.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Keao
Wright
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 7:58 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas all, can't wait.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of
Rosemarie Chavarria
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 2:55 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Merry Christmas

Hi, Molly,


I'm really excited for Christmas too. I knitted dishcloths for everyone for Christmas this year. I usually give gift certificates but this year I thought I'd do something different.


Rosemarie



On 12/23/2018 4:31 PM, molly the blind tech lover wrote:
I'm so excited for Christmas!!!! Family, friends, delicious food. I miss my sister so much and can't wait to see her on Christmas.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of
Rosemarie Chavarria
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 6:37 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Merry Christmas

Happy and Merry Christmas from me to everyone on the list.



On 12/23/2018 3:21 PM, Laurie Mehta via Groups.Io wrote:
Happy Christmas to you as well, and to everyone on the list!
-Laurie
--------------------------------------------
On Sun, 12/23/18, Ján Kulik <jan.kulik.szsle@outlook.sk> wrote:

Subject: [nvda] Merry Christmas
To: "nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io" <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io>, "nvda-translations@groups.io" <nvda-translations@groups.io>, "nvda@nvda.groups.io" <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Date: Sunday, December 23, 2018, 12:28 PM

Hi everione, happy merry Christmas 2018



































Re: New Member

 

Hey anett, thanks, not sure how to get in to object nav using nvda to click things.

Thanks for the welcome!

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Annette Moore
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 8:04 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] New Member

 

Welcome to the group, Keao! I believe you will learn a lot and glean a great deal of information from being on this list. it's a great one!

Annette

On 12/24/2018 12:01 AM, Keao Wright wrote:

Hi, I would like to introduce myself.

I am Keao, and I’m from Hawaii.

I use to be on the old nvda group back in I think in 2004 or 5 when it was on yahoo groups.

I wondered where this group went to, since you guys moved to groups.io it’s great!

Been an NVDA user for almost a year now, still getting use to the commands apart from Jaws.

Glad to meet you all!


Re: New Member

Annette Moore
 

Welcome to the group, Keao! I believe you will learn a lot and glean a great deal of information from being on this list. it's a great one!

Annette

On 12/24/2018 12:01 AM, Keao Wright wrote:

Hi, I would like to introduce myself.

I am Keao, and I’m from Hawaii.

I use to be on the old nvda group back in I think in 2004 or 5 when it was on yahoo groups.

I wondered where this group went to, since you guys moved to groups.io it’s great!

Been an NVDA user for almost a year now, still getting use to the commands apart from Jaws.

Glad to meet you all!


New Member

 

Hi, I would like to introduce myself.

I am Keao, and I’m from Hawaii.

I use to be on the old nvda group back in I think in 2004 or 5 when it was on yahoo groups.

I wondered where this group went to, since you guys moved to groups.io it’s great!

Been an NVDA user for almost a year now, still getting use to the commands apart from Jaws.

Glad to meet you all!


Re: Merry Christmas

 

Sounds great, we even have ham with it sometimes.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rosemarie Chavarria
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 5:31 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Merry Christmas

We usually have prime rib at our house too. I think we'll be having that again this year.



-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of molly the blind tech lover
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 6:15 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Merry Christmas

My mom usually makes prime rib, but this year, in addition to the salmon we're also having sword fish (not sure if I'm spelling that correctly) I also can't wait for pumpkin bread and ice cream. Yum.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Keao Wright
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 9:06 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Merry Christmas

Sounds like fun!
I think every year we will have primerib, but not sure.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of molly the blind tech lover
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 3:07 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Merry Christmas

I'm hoping for a google home hub this year. And to spend time with family and eat salmon and stuffed mushrooms and lots of sweets.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Keao Wright
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 7:58 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas all, can't wait.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rosemarie Chavarria
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 2:55 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Merry Christmas

Hi, Molly,


I'm really excited for Christmas too. I knitted dishcloths for everyone for Christmas this year. I usually give gift certificates but this year I thought I'd do something different.


Rosemarie



On 12/23/2018 4:31 PM, molly the blind tech lover wrote:
I'm so excited for Christmas!!!! Family, friends, delicious food. I miss my sister so much and can't wait to see her on Christmas.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rosemarie
Chavarria
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 6:37 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Merry Christmas

Happy and Merry Christmas from me to everyone on the list.



On 12/23/2018 3:21 PM, Laurie Mehta via Groups.Io wrote:
Happy Christmas to you as well, and to everyone on the list!
-Laurie
--------------------------------------------
On Sun, 12/23/18, Ján Kulik <jan.kulik.szsle@outlook.sk> wrote:

Subject: [nvda] Merry Christmas
To: "nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io" <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io>, "nvda-translations@groups.io" <nvda-translations@groups.io>, "nvda@nvda.groups.io" <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Date: Sunday, December 23, 2018, 12:28 PM

Hi everione, happy merry Christmas 2018














Re: Merry Christmas

Annette Moore
 

Hi, Rosemarie. I'm glad we're doing some turkey tomorrow as I don't like ham. I do like the spiral hams because they're lean and have this wonderful glaze on them, but as a rule, I don't care for ham much at all.

Annette

On 12/23/2018 9:37 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:
Hi, Annette,

When I was growing up, we used to have ham for Christmas and turkey for Thanksgiving.

Rosemarie



-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Annette Moore
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 7:35 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Merry Christmas

It'll be turkey breast, ham and all the fixings, along with snacks and finger foods tomorrow, then, on Christmas Day, we're going to my aunt's and she usually has ham and all the fixings, so lots of food and goodies to enjoy for the next couple of days.

Annette

On 12/23/2018 9:30 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:
We usually have prime rib at our house too. I think we'll be having that again this year.



-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
molly the blind tech lover
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 6:15 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Merry Christmas

My mom usually makes prime rib, but this year, in addition to the salmon we're also having sword fish (not sure if I'm spelling that correctly) I also can't wait for pumpkin bread and ice cream. Yum.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Keao
Wright
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 9:06 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Merry Christmas

Sounds like fun!
I think every year we will have primerib, but not sure.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of molly the
blind tech lover
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 3:07 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Merry Christmas

I'm hoping for a google home hub this year. And to spend time with family and eat salmon and stuffed mushrooms and lots of sweets.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Keao
Wright
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 7:58 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas all, can't wait.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rosemarie
Chavarria
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 2:55 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Merry Christmas

Hi, Molly,


I'm really excited for Christmas too. I knitted dishcloths for everyone for Christmas this year. I usually give gift certificates but this year I thought I'd do something different.


Rosemarie



On 12/23/2018 4:31 PM, molly the blind tech lover wrote:
I'm so excited for Christmas!!!! Family, friends, delicious food. I miss my sister so much and can't wait to see her on Christmas.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of
Rosemarie Chavarria
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 6:37 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Merry Christmas

Happy and Merry Christmas from me to everyone on the list.



On 12/23/2018 3:21 PM, Laurie Mehta via Groups.Io wrote:
Happy Christmas to you as well, and to everyone on the list!
-Laurie
--------------------------------------------
On Sun, 12/23/18, Ján Kulik <jan.kulik.szsle@outlook.sk> wrote:

Subject: [nvda] Merry Christmas
To: "nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io" <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io>, "nvda-translations@groups.io" <nvda-translations@groups.io>, "nvda@nvda.groups.io" <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Date: Sunday, December 23, 2018, 12:28 PM

Hi everione, happy merry Christmas 2018


































Re: fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my keyboard

molly the blind tech lover
 

I understand.

In fact, I’ll be the first to admit that I go off topic for some reason at times.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 11:35 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my keyboard

 

The person wasn’t upset that you wrote that your machine was working.  Of course, if you say you were having problems, people will want to know if you solved them.  The person was complaining about later messages and how the thread kept going and moving off topic.  See my previous message for my response.

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 9:39 PM

Subject: Re: [nvda] fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my keyboard

 

Guys, I’m really sorry if I upset anyone with this topic. I guess most people couldn’t care less if my machine works again, and I can understand why they feel that way. It was not very mature of me to make a post that my tablet is working, because… well,I guess it doesn’t have anything to do with Nvda. 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rosemarie Chavarria
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 10:25 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my keyboard

 

I agree. If someone doesn't like certain messages, all they have to do is hit the delete key--simple as that.

 

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of marcio via Groups.Io
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 7:19 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my keyboard

 

Gene, if you allow me to do it, first I would like to congrat you for this answer.
Second, even a time after reading this message I'm not able to get the point of this if it's not free rage or something like that.
I really don't know why people who don't like something aparently just can't pass the message they don't like, whatever it is, and follow by other paths.
Some people seem just unable to make life a little lighter even when they don't need to do much to do it. Anyway...

Em 24/12/2018 01:01, Gene escreveu:

A certain amount of off topic discussion is allowed on list.  My opinion is that it helps build a sense of community on the list.  I say this as the moderator.  If you disagree or want to ask the owner his opinion, and that is the controlling opinion, please write using the owners address, found very close to the bottom of every message.  And your characterization of the messages you don’t like is, I believe personally almost attacking.  It is ridicule if nothing else and is unnecessary.

 

Gene, moderator

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 8:23 PM

Subject: Re: [nvda] fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my keyboard

 

So your tablet now is talking when you use your keyboard.  It got fixed yesterday if my memory serves.

 

Can we close this topic now?and maybe that WeWalk too?  It is a long time since any messages had anything to do with anything but personal low self esteem or the convenience of carrying dog food and poop bags about as some sort of benefit over using a cane.

 

Merry Christmas!

Dale Leavens


On Dec 23, 2018, at 7:36 PM, molly the blind tech lover <brainardmolly@...> wrote:

My surface lags slightly sometimes, but it’s no big deal. I’ll probably upgrade my surface next year. For now I love it… Most of the time.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 7:17 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my keyboard

 

I can’t comment on the Surface and I don’t know why the computer you describe was so slow.  I am using a laptop at the moment, as I write this message which I bought in 2011.  It was a reasonably fast machine for its time but nothing out of the ordinary.  I can load Chrome using a blank home page in about three seconds.  The New York Times Home Page loads in

about three seconds.  I can load Windows Live Mail in slightly less than two seconds.

 

It takes about twentyy seconds to get to the login screen when booting and ten or fifteen seconds to get to the desktop when I press enter to log in. 

 

Computers using physical hard drives aren’t slow if they are reasonably fast machines.  And I’m using Windows 7, and many Windows 10 users say that Windows 10 is faster. 

 

And as I said, if I use sleep, I can resume from sleep in two or three seconds.  I just opened Wordpad.  It took about two seconds.  If I open word starter, it takes a good deal longer. It takes about ten seconds.  But after you open Word, you work with documents.  It should take no meanikngfully different time regardless of mechanical or solid state drive to edit a document.  

 

I’m not disputing that a SSD is faster.  I’m saying that for many users, I don’t think the faster time matters in any significant way.

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 5:28 PM

Subject: Re: [nvda] fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my keyboard

 

That sounds more like a memory issue than anything related to your
storage.  Windows these days isn't happy with less than 4GB of ram, and if
you had less than that on that pc, it's no wonder it was slow, since
windows had to swap all the time.  I'd wager that if you upgraded the ram
in that machine, it would run considerably better.

On Sat, 22 Dec 2018, Tyler Wood wrote:

> What world is that in? lol. Unless you're referring to the surface pro 6,
> then it is about on parr with other laptops with solid state storage.
>
>
> I mean, unless you want to go with a 1 tb spinning hard drive and in 2018,
> that's a hard sell.
>
>
> I was using a computer recently that had a core i7-7820HQ (that's a quad core
> processor with 8 threads). It had a mechanical 1 terabyte hard drive, and it
> was made last year.
>
>
> Browsing the web was so much slower than on a machine with a solid state
> drive. It shouldn't be - after all the web browser was already loaded - but
> it was truly painful. Restarting was just about as painful, to. Even
> comparing this to a cheap windows device with a solid state drive - even EMMC
> storage - and I truthfully can't recommend a mechanical hard drive these
> days. And I'm not even getting into general performance. Moving around the
> screen was painfully slow. Opening apps took far longer than a machine with a
> hard drive, even 4 or 5 years ago, used to. I'm not sure if it was the screen
> reader making performance that much worse, but it was similar to using a
> computer, back in the day, that had 256 mb of ram and ran windows xp.
> Browsing the web, while doable, was probably my biggest issue.
>
>
> So, yes, while the surface go is relatively expensive when you increase the
> storage space, it comes with the benefit of having a solid state drive. In
> todays day and age, we think windows 10 is very light on resources. It most
> assuredly is not.
>

 


Re: fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my keyboard

molly the blind tech lover
 

Hi.

I’m happy with my tablet. Okay, I really really need to stop repeating myself. Someone should keep track of how many times I said that. Hahahahahahaha!

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rosemarie Chavarria
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 11:15 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my keyboard

 

Hi, Molly,

 

You were just sharing your excitement about the keyboard working again as any happy person would do. There's nothing immature about that.

 

Rosemarie

 

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of molly the blind tech lover
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 8:10 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my keyboard

 

Hi.

I was happy.

What would make happy is if my friend would just stop trying to analyze my blindness and if she wants to use my machine, please leave nvda turned on.   

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Goldfield
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 10:53 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my keyboard

 

Molly,

I would hardly call this immature. You were very happy and excited and wanted to share that excitement with the community and I see nothing wrong with that.

         

David Goldfield, Assistive Technology Specialist WWW.David-Goldfield.Com

On 12/23/2018 10:39 PM, molly the blind tech lover wrote:

Guys, I’m really sorry if I upset anyone with this topic. I guess most people couldn’t care less if my machine works again, and I can understand why they feel that way. It was not very mature of me to make a post that my tablet is working, because… well,I guess it doesn’t have anything to do with Nvda.  

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rosemarie Chavarria
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 10:25 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my keyboard

 

I agree. If someone doesn't like certain messages, all they have to do is hit the delete key--simple as that.

 

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of marcio via Groups.Io
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 7:19 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my keyboard

 

Gene, if you allow me to do it, first I would like to congrat you for this answer.
Second, even a time after reading this message I'm not able to get the point of this if it's not free rage or something like that.
I really don't know why people who don't like something aparently just can't pass the message they don't like, whatever it is, and follow by other paths.
Some people seem just unable to make life a little lighter even when they don't need to do much to do it. Anyway...

Em 24/12/2018 01:01, Gene escreveu:

A certain amount of off topic discussion is allowed on list.  My opinion is that it helps build a sense of community on the list.  I say this as the moderator.  If you disagree or want to ask the owner his opinion, and that is the controlling opinion, please write using the owners address, found very close to the bottom of every message.  And your characterization of the messages you don’t like is, I believe personally almost attacking.  It is ridicule if nothing else and is unnecessary.

 

Gene, moderator

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 8:23 PM

Subject: Re: [nvda] fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my keyboard

 

So your tablet now is talking when you use your keyboard.  It got fixed yesterday if my memory serves.

 

Can we close this topic now?and maybe that WeWalk too?  It is a long time since any messages had anything to do with anything but personal low self esteem or the convenience of carrying dog food and poop bags about as some sort of benefit over using a cane.

 

Merry Christmas!

Dale Leavens


On Dec 23, 2018, at 7:36 PM, molly the blind tech lover <brainardmolly@...> wrote:

My surface lags slightly sometimes, but it’s no big deal. I’ll probably upgrade my surface next year. For now I love it… Most of the time.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 7:17 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my keyboard

 

I can’t comment on the Surface and I don’t know why the computer you describe was so slow.  I am using a laptop at the moment, as I write this message which I bought in 2011.  It was a reasonably fast machine for its time but nothing out of the ordinary.  I can load Chrome using a blank home page in about three seconds.  The New York Times Home Page loads in

about three seconds.  I can load Windows Live Mail in slightly less than two seconds.

 

It takes about twentyy seconds to get to the login screen when booting and ten or fifteen seconds to get to the desktop when I press enter to log in. 

 

Computers using physical hard drives aren’t slow if they are reasonably fast machines.  And I’m using Windows 7, and many Windows 10 users say that Windows 10 is faster. 

 

And as I said, if I use sleep, I can resume from sleep in two or three seconds.  I just opened Wordpad.  It took about two seconds.  If I open word starter, it takes a good deal longer. It takes about ten seconds.  But after you open Word, you work with documents.  It should take no meanikngfully different time regardless of mechanical or solid state drive to edit a document.  

 

I’m not disputing that a SSD is faster.  I’m saying that for many users, I don’t think the faster time matters in any significant way.

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 5:28 PM

Subject: Re: [nvda] fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my keyboard

 

That sounds more like a memory issue than anything related to your
storage.  Windows these days isn't happy with less than 4GB of ram, and if
you had less than that on that pc, it's no wonder it was slow, since
windows had to swap all the time.  I'd wager that if you upgraded the ram
in that machine, it would run considerably better.

On Sat, 22 Dec 2018, Tyler Wood wrote:

> What world is that in? lol. Unless you're referring to the surface pro 6,
> then it is about on parr with other laptops with solid state storage.
>
>
> I mean, unless you want to go with a 1 tb spinning hard drive and in 2018,
> that's a hard sell.
>
>
> I was using a computer recently that had a core i7-7820HQ (that's a quad core
> processor with 8 threads). It had a mechanical 1 terabyte hard drive, and it
> was made last year.
>
>
> Browsing the web was so much slower than on a machine with a solid state
> drive. It shouldn't be - after all the web browser was already loaded - but
> it was truly painful. Restarting was just about as painful, to. Even
> comparing this to a cheap windows device with a solid state drive - even EMMC
> storage - and I truthfully can't recommend a mechanical hard drive these
> days. And I'm not even getting into general performance. Moving around the
> screen was painfully slow. Opening apps took far longer than a machine with a
> hard drive, even 4 or 5 years ago, used to. I'm not sure if it was the screen
> reader making performance that much worse, but it was similar to using a
> computer, back in the day, that had 256 mb of ram and ran windows xp.
> Browsing the web, while doable, was probably my biggest issue.
>
>
> So, yes, while the surface go is relatively expensive when you increase the
> storage space, it comes with the benefit of having a solid state drive. In
> todays day and age, we think windows 10 is very light on resources. It most
> assuredly is not.
>

 


Re: fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my keyboard

Gene
 

The person wasn’t upset that you wrote that your machine was working.  Of course, if you say you were having problems, people will want to know if you solved them.  The person was complaining about later messages and how the thread kept going and moving off topic.  See my previous message for my response.
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 9:39 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my keyboard
 

Guys, I’m really sorry if I upset anyone with this topic. I guess most people couldn’t care less if my machine works again, and I can understand why they feel that way. It was not very mature of me to make a post that my tablet is working, because… well,I guess it doesn’t have anything to do with Nvda. 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rosemarie Chavarria
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 10:25 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my keyboard

 

I agree. If someone doesn't like certain messages, all they have to do is hit the delete key--simple as that.

 

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of marcio via Groups.Io
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 7:19 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my keyboard

 

Gene, if you allow me to do it, first I would like to congrat you for this answer.
Second, even a time after reading this message I'm not able to get the point of this if it's not free rage or something like that.
I really don't know why people who don't like something aparently just can't pass the message they don't like, whatever it is, and follow by other paths.
Some people seem just unable to make life a little lighter even when they don't need to do much to do it. Anyway...

 


Cheers,
Marcio


Where to find me:
My Yahoo! email
Add me on Skype
Follow me on Twitter
Follow or add me on Facebook
Ask me something on CuriousCat


Phone(s):
(+55)21-9-81615268 (Tim-RJ)


My WhatsApp


Em 24/12/2018 01:01, Gene escreveu:

A certain amount of off topic discussion is allowed on list.  My opinion is that it helps build a sense of community on the list.  I say this as the moderator.  If you disagree or want to ask the owner his opinion, and that is the controlling opinion, please write using the owners address, found very close to the bottom of every message.  And your characterization of the messages you don’t like is, I believe personally almost attacking.  It is ridicule if nothing else and is unnecessary.

 

Gene, moderator

----- Original Message -----

From: Dale Leavens

Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 8:23 PM

Subject: Re: [nvda] fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my keyboard

 

So your tablet now is talking when you use your keyboard.  It got fixed yesterday if my memory serves.

 

Can we close this topic now?and maybe that WeWalk too?  It is a long time since any messages had anything to do with anything but personal low self esteem or the convenience of carrying dog food and poop bags about as some sort of benefit over using a cane.

 

Merry Christmas!

Dale Leavens


On Dec 23, 2018, at 7:36 PM, molly the blind tech lover <brainardmolly@...> wrote:

My surface lags slightly sometimes, but it’s no big deal. I’ll probably upgrade my surface next year. For now I love it… Most of the time.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 7:17 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my keyboard

 

I can’t comment on the Surface and I don’t know why the computer you describe was so slow.  I am using a laptop at the moment, as I write this message which I bought in 2011.  It was a reasonably fast machine for its time but nothing out of the ordinary.  I can load Chrome using a blank home page in about three seconds.  The New York Times Home Page loads in

about three seconds.  I can load Windows Live Mail in slightly less than two seconds.

 

It takes about twentyy seconds to get to the login screen when booting and ten or fifteen seconds to get to the desktop when I press enter to log in. 

 

Computers using physical hard drives aren’t slow if they are reasonably fast machines.  And I’m using Windows 7, and many Windows 10 users say that Windows 10 is faster. 

 

And as I said, if I use sleep, I can resume from sleep in two or three seconds.  I just opened Wordpad.  It took about two seconds.  If I open word starter, it takes a good deal longer. It takes about ten seconds.  But after you open Word, you work with documents.  It should take no meanikngfully different time regardless of mechanical or solid state drive to edit a document.  

 

I’m not disputing that a SSD is faster.  I’m saying that for many users, I don’t think the faster time matters in any significant way.

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 5:28 PM

Subject: Re: [nvda] fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my keyboard

 

That sounds more like a memory issue than anything related to your
storage.  Windows these days isn't happy with less than 4GB of ram, and if
you had less than that on that pc, it's no wonder it was slow, since
windows had to swap all the time.  I'd wager that if you upgraded the ram
in that machine, it would run considerably better.

On Sat, 22 Dec 2018, Tyler Wood wrote:

> What world is that in? lol. Unless you're referring to the surface pro 6,
> then it is about on parr with other laptops with solid state storage.
>
>
> I mean, unless you want to go with a 1 tb spinning hard drive and in 2018,
> that's a hard sell.
>
>
> I was using a computer recently that had a core i7-7820HQ (that's a quad core
> processor with 8 threads). It had a mechanical 1 terabyte hard drive, and it
> was made last year.
>
>
> Browsing the web was so much slower than on a machine with a solid state
> drive. It shouldn't be - after all the web browser was already loaded - but
> it was truly painful. Restarting was just about as painful, to. Even
> comparing this to a cheap windows device with a solid state drive - even EMMC
> storage - and I truthfully can't recommend a mechanical hard drive these
> days. And I'm not even getting into general performance. Moving around the
> screen was painfully slow. Opening apps took far longer than a machine with a
> hard drive, even 4 or 5 years ago, used to. I'm not sure if it was the screen
> reader making performance that much worse, but it was similar to using a
> computer, back in the day, that had 256 mb of ram and ran windows xp.
> Browsing the web, while doable, was probably my biggest issue.
>
>
> So, yes, while the surface go is relatively expensive when you increase the
> storage space, it comes with the benefit of having a solid state drive. In
> todays day and age, we think windows 10 is very light on resources. It most
> assuredly is not.
>

 


Re: fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my keyboard

Gene
 

Thank you for the compliment but will others not comment on list?  I don’t want to have a thread discussing the matter.  Those who wish may contact me at the owner’s address or at
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 9:18 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my keyboard
 
Gene, if you allow me to do it, first I would like to congrat you for this answer.
Second, even a time after reading this message I'm not able to get the point of this if it's not free rage or something like that.
I really don't know why people who don't like something aparently just can't pass the message they don't like, whatever it is, and follow by other paths.
Some people seem just unable to make life a little lighter even when they don't need to do much to do it. Anyway...
Em 24/12/2018 01:01, Gene escreveu:
A certain amount of off topic discussion is allowed on list.  My opinion is that it helps build a sense of community on the list.  I say this as the moderator.  If you disagree or want to ask the owner his opinion, and that is the controlling opinion, please write using the owners address, found very close to the bottom of every message.  And your characterization of the messages you don’t like is, I believe personally almost attacking.  It is ridicule if nothing else and is unnecessary.
 
Gene, moderator
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 8:23 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my keyboard
 
So your tablet now is talking when you use your keyboard.  It got fixed yesterday if my memory serves.
 
Can we close this topic now?and maybe that WeWalk too?  It is a long time since any messages had anything to do with anything but personal low self esteem or the convenience of carrying dog food and poop bags about as some sort of benefit over using a cane.
 
Merry Christmas!

Dale Leavens

On Dec 23, 2018, at 7:36 PM, molly the blind tech lover <brainardmolly@...> wrote:

My surface lags slightly sometimes, but it’s no big deal. I’ll probably upgrade my surface next year. For now I love it… Most of the time.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 7:17 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my keyboard

 

I can’t comment on the Surface and I don’t know why the computer you describe was so slow.  I am using a laptop at the moment, as I write this message which I bought in 2011.  It was a reasonably fast machine for its time but nothing out of the ordinary.  I can load Chrome using a blank home page in about three seconds.  The New York Times Home Page loads in

about three seconds.  I can load Windows Live Mail in slightly less than two seconds.

 

It takes about twentyy seconds to get to the login screen when booting and ten or fifteen seconds to get to the desktop when I press enter to log in. 

 

Computers using physical hard drives aren’t slow if they are reasonably fast machines.  And I’m using Windows 7, and many Windows 10 users say that Windows 10 is faster. 

 

And as I said, if I use sleep, I can resume from sleep in two or three seconds.  I just opened Wordpad.  It took about two seconds.  If I open word starter, it takes a good deal longer. It takes about ten seconds.  But after you open Word, you work with documents.  It should take no meanikngfully different time regardless of mechanical or solid state drive to edit a document.  

 

I’m not disputing that a SSD is faster.  I’m saying that for many users, I don’t think the faster time matters in any significant way.

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 5:28 PM

Subject: Re: [nvda] fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my keyboard

 

That sounds more like a memory issue than anything related to your
storage.  Windows these days isn't happy with less than 4GB of ram, and if
you had less than that on that pc, it's no wonder it was slow, since
windows had to swap all the time.  I'd wager that if you upgraded the ram
in that machine, it would run considerably better.

On Sat, 22 Dec 2018, Tyler Wood wrote:

> What world is that in? lol. Unless you're referring to the surface pro 6,
> then it is about on parr with other laptops with solid state storage.
>
>
> I mean, unless you want to go with a 1 tb spinning hard drive and in 2018,
> that's a hard sell.
>
>
> I was using a computer recently that had a core i7-7820HQ (that's a quad core
> processor with 8 threads). It had a mechanical 1 terabyte hard drive, and it
> was made last year.
>
>
> Browsing the web was so much slower than on a machine with a solid state
> drive. It shouldn't be - after all the web browser was already loaded - but
> it was truly painful. Restarting was just about as painful, to. Even
> comparing this to a cheap windows device with a solid state drive - even EMMC
> storage - and I truthfully can't recommend a mechanical hard drive these
> days. And I'm not even getting into general performance. Moving around the
> screen was painfully slow. Opening apps took far longer than a machine with a
> hard drive, even 4 or 5 years ago, used to. I'm not sure if it was the screen
> reader making performance that much worse, but it was similar to using a
> computer, back in the day, that had 256 mb of ram and ran windows xp.
> Browsing the web, while doable, was probably my biggest issue.
>
>
> So, yes, while the surface go is relatively expensive when you increase the
> storage space, it comes with the benefit of having a solid state drive. In
> todays day and age, we think windows 10 is very light on resources. It most
> assuredly is not.
>



Re: fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my keyboard

Rosemarie Chavarria
 

Hi, Molly,

 

You were just sharing your excitement about the keyboard working again as any happy person would do. There's nothing immature about that.

 

Rosemarie

 

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of molly the blind tech lover
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 8:10 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my keyboard

 

Hi.

I was happy.

What would make happy is if my friend would just stop trying to analyze my blindness and if she wants to use my machine, please leave nvda turned on.   

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Goldfield
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 10:53 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my keyboard

 

Molly,

I would hardly call this immature. You were very happy and excited and wanted to share that excitement with the community and I see nothing wrong with that.

         

David Goldfield, Assistive Technology Specialist WWW.David-Goldfield.Com

On 12/23/2018 10:39 PM, molly the blind tech lover wrote:

Guys, I’m really sorry if I upset anyone with this topic. I guess most people couldn’t care less if my machine works again, and I can understand why they feel that way. It was not very mature of me to make a post that my tablet is working, because… well,I guess it doesn’t have anything to do with Nvda.  

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rosemarie Chavarria
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 10:25 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my keyboard

 

I agree. If someone doesn't like certain messages, all they have to do is hit the delete key--simple as that.

 

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of marcio via Groups.Io
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 7:19 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my keyboard

 

Gene, if you allow me to do it, first I would like to congrat you for this answer.
Second, even a time after reading this message I'm not able to get the point of this if it's not free rage or something like that.
I really don't know why people who don't like something aparently just can't pass the message they don't like, whatever it is, and follow by other paths.
Some people seem just unable to make life a little lighter even when they don't need to do much to do it. Anyway...

Em 24/12/2018 01:01, Gene escreveu:

A certain amount of off topic discussion is allowed on list.  My opinion is that it helps build a sense of community on the list.  I say this as the moderator.  If you disagree or want to ask the owner his opinion, and that is the controlling opinion, please write using the owners address, found very close to the bottom of every message.  And your characterization of the messages you don’t like is, I believe personally almost attacking.  It is ridicule if nothing else and is unnecessary.

 

Gene, moderator

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 8:23 PM

Subject: Re: [nvda] fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my keyboard

 

So your tablet now is talking when you use your keyboard.  It got fixed yesterday if my memory serves.

 

Can we close this topic now?and maybe that WeWalk too?  It is a long time since any messages had anything to do with anything but personal low self esteem or the convenience of carrying dog food and poop bags about as some sort of benefit over using a cane.

 

Merry Christmas!

Dale Leavens


On Dec 23, 2018, at 7:36 PM, molly the blind tech lover <brainardmolly@...> wrote:

My surface lags slightly sometimes, but it’s no big deal. I’ll probably upgrade my surface next year. For now I love it… Most of the time.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 7:17 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my keyboard

 

I can’t comment on the Surface and I don’t know why the computer you describe was so slow.  I am using a laptop at the moment, as I write this message which I bought in 2011.  It was a reasonably fast machine for its time but nothing out of the ordinary.  I can load Chrome using a blank home page in about three seconds.  The New York Times Home Page loads in

about three seconds.  I can load Windows Live Mail in slightly less than two seconds.

 

It takes about twentyy seconds to get to the login screen when booting and ten or fifteen seconds to get to the desktop when I press enter to log in. 

 

Computers using physical hard drives aren’t slow if they are reasonably fast machines.  And I’m using Windows 7, and many Windows 10 users say that Windows 10 is faster. 

 

And as I said, if I use sleep, I can resume from sleep in two or three seconds.  I just opened Wordpad.  It took about two seconds.  If I open word starter, it takes a good deal longer. It takes about ten seconds.  But after you open Word, you work with documents.  It should take no meanikngfully different time regardless of mechanical or solid state drive to edit a document.  

 

I’m not disputing that a SSD is faster.  I’m saying that for many users, I don’t think the faster time matters in any significant way.

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 5:28 PM

Subject: Re: [nvda] fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my keyboard

 

That sounds more like a memory issue than anything related to your
storage.  Windows these days isn't happy with less than 4GB of ram, and if
you had less than that on that pc, it's no wonder it was slow, since
windows had to swap all the time.  I'd wager that if you upgraded the ram
in that machine, it would run considerably better.

On Sat, 22 Dec 2018, Tyler Wood wrote:

> What world is that in? lol. Unless you're referring to the surface pro 6,
> then it is about on parr with other laptops with solid state storage.
>
>
> I mean, unless you want to go with a 1 tb spinning hard drive and in 2018,
> that's a hard sell.
>
>
> I was using a computer recently that had a core i7-7820HQ (that's a quad core
> processor with 8 threads). It had a mechanical 1 terabyte hard drive, and it
> was made last year.
>
>
> Browsing the web was so much slower than on a machine with a solid state
> drive. It shouldn't be - after all the web browser was already loaded - but
> it was truly painful. Restarting was just about as painful, to. Even
> comparing this to a cheap windows device with a solid state drive - even EMMC
> storage - and I truthfully can't recommend a mechanical hard drive these
> days. And I'm not even getting into general performance. Moving around the
> screen was painfully slow. Opening apps took far longer than a machine with a
> hard drive, even 4 or 5 years ago, used to. I'm not sure if it was the screen
> reader making performance that much worse, but it was similar to using a
> computer, back in the day, that had 256 mb of ram and ran windows xp.
> Browsing the web, while doable, was probably my biggest issue.
>
>
> So, yes, while the surface go is relatively expensive when you increase the
> storage space, it comes with the benefit of having a solid state drive. In
> todays day and age, we think windows 10 is very light on resources. It most
> assuredly is not.
>

 


Re: fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my keyboard

molly the blind tech lover
 

Hi.

I was happy.

What would make happy is if my friend would just stop trying to analyze my blindness and if she wants to use my machine, please leave nvda turned on.   

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Goldfield
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 10:53 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my keyboard

 

Molly,

I would hardly call this immature. You were very happy and excited and wanted to share that excitement with the community and I see nothing wrong with that.

         

David Goldfield, Assistive Technology Specialist WWW.David-Goldfield.Com

On 12/23/2018 10:39 PM, molly the blind tech lover wrote:

Guys, I’m really sorry if I upset anyone with this topic. I guess most people couldn’t care less if my machine works again, and I can understand why they feel that way. It was not very mature of me to make a post that my tablet is working, because… well,I guess it doesn’t have anything to do with Nvda.  

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rosemarie Chavarria
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 10:25 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my keyboard

 

I agree. If someone doesn't like certain messages, all they have to do is hit the delete key--simple as that.

 

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of marcio via Groups.Io
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 7:19 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my keyboard

 

Gene, if you allow me to do it, first I would like to congrat you for this answer.
Second, even a time after reading this message I'm not able to get the point of this if it's not free rage or something like that.
I really don't know why people who don't like something aparently just can't pass the message they don't like, whatever it is, and follow by other paths.
Some people seem just unable to make life a little lighter even when they don't need to do much to do it. Anyway...

Em 24/12/2018 01:01, Gene escreveu:

A certain amount of off topic discussion is allowed on list.  My opinion is that it helps build a sense of community on the list.  I say this as the moderator.  If you disagree or want to ask the owner his opinion, and that is the controlling opinion, please write using the owners address, found very close to the bottom of every message.  And your characterization of the messages you don’t like is, I believe personally almost attacking.  It is ridicule if nothing else and is unnecessary.

 

Gene, moderator

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 8:23 PM

Subject: Re: [nvda] fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my keyboard

 

So your tablet now is talking when you use your keyboard.  It got fixed yesterday if my memory serves.

 

Can we close this topic now?and maybe that WeWalk too?  It is a long time since any messages had anything to do with anything but personal low self esteem or the convenience of carrying dog food and poop bags about as some sort of benefit over using a cane.

 

Merry Christmas!

Dale Leavens


On Dec 23, 2018, at 7:36 PM, molly the blind tech lover <brainardmolly@...> wrote:

My surface lags slightly sometimes, but it’s no big deal. I’ll probably upgrade my surface next year. For now I love it… Most of the time.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 7:17 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my keyboard

 

I can’t comment on the Surface and I don’t know why the computer you describe was so slow.  I am using a laptop at the moment, as I write this message which I bought in 2011.  It was a reasonably fast machine for its time but nothing out of the ordinary.  I can load Chrome using a blank home page in about three seconds.  The New York Times Home Page loads in

about three seconds.  I can load Windows Live Mail in slightly less than two seconds.

 

It takes about twentyy seconds to get to the login screen when booting and ten or fifteen seconds to get to the desktop when I press enter to log in. 

 

Computers using physical hard drives aren’t slow if they are reasonably fast machines.  And I’m using Windows 7, and many Windows 10 users say that Windows 10 is faster. 

 

And as I said, if I use sleep, I can resume from sleep in two or three seconds.  I just opened Wordpad.  It took about two seconds.  If I open word starter, it takes a good deal longer. It takes about ten seconds.  But after you open Word, you work with documents.  It should take no meanikngfully different time regardless of mechanical or solid state drive to edit a document.  

 

I’m not disputing that a SSD is faster.  I’m saying that for many users, I don’t think the faster time matters in any significant way.

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 5:28 PM

Subject: Re: [nvda] fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my keyboard

 

That sounds more like a memory issue than anything related to your
storage.  Windows these days isn't happy with less than 4GB of ram, and if
you had less than that on that pc, it's no wonder it was slow, since
windows had to swap all the time.  I'd wager that if you upgraded the ram
in that machine, it would run considerably better.

On Sat, 22 Dec 2018, Tyler Wood wrote:

> What world is that in? lol. Unless you're referring to the surface pro 6,
> then it is about on parr with other laptops with solid state storage.
>
>
> I mean, unless you want to go with a 1 tb spinning hard drive and in 2018,
> that's a hard sell.
>
>
> I was using a computer recently that had a core i7-7820HQ (that's a quad core
> processor with 8 threads). It had a mechanical 1 terabyte hard drive, and it
> was made last year.
>
>
> Browsing the web was so much slower than on a machine with a solid state
> drive. It shouldn't be - after all the web browser was already loaded - but
> it was truly painful. Restarting was just about as painful, to. Even
> comparing this to a cheap windows device with a solid state drive - even EMMC
> storage - and I truthfully can't recommend a mechanical hard drive these
> days. And I'm not even getting into general performance. Moving around the
> screen was painfully slow. Opening apps took far longer than a machine with a
> hard drive, even 4 or 5 years ago, used to. I'm not sure if it was the screen
> reader making performance that much worse, but it was similar to using a
> computer, back in the day, that had 256 mb of ram and ran windows xp.
> Browsing the web, while doable, was probably my biggest issue.
>
>
> So, yes, while the surface go is relatively expensive when you increase the
> storage space, it comes with the benefit of having a solid state drive. In
> todays day and age, we think windows 10 is very light on resources. It most
> assuredly is not.
>

 


Re: fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my keyboard

David Goldfield
 

Molly,

I would hardly call this immature. You were very happy and excited and wanted to share that excitement with the community and I see nothing wrong with that.

         

David Goldfield, Assistive Technology Specialist WWW.David-Goldfield.Com

On 12/23/2018 10:39 PM, molly the blind tech lover wrote:

Guys, I’m really sorry if I upset anyone with this topic. I guess most people couldn’t care less if my machine works again, and I can understand why they feel that way. It was not very mature of me to make a post that my tablet is working, because… well,I guess it doesn’t have anything to do with Nvda.  

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rosemarie Chavarria
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 10:25 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my keyboard

 

I agree. If someone doesn't like certain messages, all they have to do is hit the delete key--simple as that.

 

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of marcio via Groups.Io
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 7:19 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my keyboard

 

Gene, if you allow me to do it, first I would like to congrat you for this answer.
Second, even a time after reading this message I'm not able to get the point of this if it's not free rage or something like that.
I really don't know why people who don't like something aparently just can't pass the message they don't like, whatever it is, and follow by other paths.
Some people seem just unable to make life a little lighter even when they don't need to do much to do it. Anyway...

 


Cheers,
Marcio


Where to find me:
My Yahoo! email
Add me on Skype
Follow me on Twitter
Follow or add me on Facebook
Ask me something on CuriousCat


Phone(s):
(+55)21-9-81615268 (Tim-RJ)


My WhatsApp


Em 24/12/2018 01:01, Gene escreveu:

A certain amount of off topic discussion is allowed on list.  My opinion is that it helps build a sense of community on the list.  I say this as the moderator.  If you disagree or want to ask the owner his opinion, and that is the controlling opinion, please write using the owners address, found very close to the bottom of every message.  And your characterization of the messages you don’t like is, I believe personally almost attacking.  It is ridicule if nothing else and is unnecessary.

 

Gene, moderator

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 8:23 PM

Subject: Re: [nvda] fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my keyboard

 

So your tablet now is talking when you use your keyboard.  It got fixed yesterday if my memory serves.

 

Can we close this topic now?and maybe that WeWalk too?  It is a long time since any messages had anything to do with anything but personal low self esteem or the convenience of carrying dog food and poop bags about as some sort of benefit over using a cane.

 

Merry Christmas!

Dale Leavens


On Dec 23, 2018, at 7:36 PM, molly the blind tech lover <brainardmolly@...> wrote:

My surface lags slightly sometimes, but it’s no big deal. I’ll probably upgrade my surface next year. For now I love it… Most of the time.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 7:17 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my keyboard

 

I can’t comment on the Surface and I don’t know why the computer you describe was so slow.  I am using a laptop at the moment, as I write this message which I bought in 2011.  It was a reasonably fast machine for its time but nothing out of the ordinary.  I can load Chrome using a blank home page in about three seconds.  The New York Times Home Page loads in

about three seconds.  I can load Windows Live Mail in slightly less than two seconds.

 

It takes about twentyy seconds to get to the login screen when booting and ten or fifteen seconds to get to the desktop when I press enter to log in. 

 

Computers using physical hard drives aren’t slow if they are reasonably fast machines.  And I’m using Windows 7, and many Windows 10 users say that Windows 10 is faster. 

 

And as I said, if I use sleep, I can resume from sleep in two or three seconds.  I just opened Wordpad.  It took about two seconds.  If I open word starter, it takes a good deal longer. It takes about ten seconds.  But after you open Word, you work with documents.  It should take no meanikngfully different time regardless of mechanical or solid state drive to edit a document.  

 

I’m not disputing that a SSD is faster.  I’m saying that for many users, I don’t think the faster time matters in any significant way.

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 5:28 PM

Subject: Re: [nvda] fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my keyboard

 

That sounds more like a memory issue than anything related to your
storage.  Windows these days isn't happy with less than 4GB of ram, and if
you had less than that on that pc, it's no wonder it was slow, since
windows had to swap all the time.  I'd wager that if you upgraded the ram
in that machine, it would run considerably better.

On Sat, 22 Dec 2018, Tyler Wood wrote:

> What world is that in? lol. Unless you're referring to the surface pro 6,
> then it is about on parr with other laptops with solid state storage.
>
>
> I mean, unless you want to go with a 1 tb spinning hard drive and in 2018,
> that's a hard sell.
>
>
> I was using a computer recently that had a core i7-7820HQ (that's a quad core
> processor with 8 threads). It had a mechanical 1 terabyte hard drive, and it
> was made last year.
>
>
> Browsing the web was so much slower than on a machine with a solid state
> drive. It shouldn't be - after all the web browser was already loaded - but
> it was truly painful. Restarting was just about as painful, to. Even
> comparing this to a cheap windows device with a solid state drive - even EMMC
> storage - and I truthfully can't recommend a mechanical hard drive these
> days. And I'm not even getting into general performance. Moving around the
> screen was painfully slow. Opening apps took far longer than a machine with a
> hard drive, even 4 or 5 years ago, used to. I'm not sure if it was the screen
> reader making performance that much worse, but it was similar to using a
> computer, back in the day, that had 256 mb of ram and ran windows xp.
> Browsing the web, while doable, was probably my biggest issue.
>
>
> So, yes, while the surface go is relatively expensive when you increase the
> storage space, it comes with the benefit of having a solid state drive. In
> todays day and age, we think windows 10 is very light on resources. It most
> assuredly is not.
>

 


Re: my experience using NVDA with a touchscreen

molly the blind tech lover
 

Hi.

I sometimes disconnect the keyboard just to use the touchscreen. Great for watching movies.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Travis Siegel
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 10:36 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] my experience using NVDA with a touchscreen

 

Yes, Janathan, if you have a windows 8.1 tablet, it should most certainly be able to run NVDA with no trouble at all, and the touch screen gestures should work just fine. 

On 12/20/2018 10:05 AM, Jonathan Milam wrote:

Along these same lines, I just received a WIN 8.1 Zeki tablet.  Should it theoretically be able to run NVDA with touch screen capability?

 

Thanks,

Jonathan

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Travis Siegel
Sent: Sunday, December 16, 2018 12:11 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] my experience using NVDA with a touchscreen

 

As mentioned, the procedure is pretty simple to add a gesture.  I just added one for testing, that with a two finger doubletap tells me the time. 

Simply open the NVDA menues,

go to preferences,

input gestures,

system status,

then the first option under that is the description of the shift f12 key, if pressed once, reports time, if pressed twice, reports the date.  You'll want to expand that, then tab to add gesture button.

After that, just perform the gesture you want to speak the time, press enter, and you're all done.

You can use this process to add gestures to any NVDA key function that is listed in that whole series of commands list.  Hope this helps.

 

 

On 12/16/2018 11:44 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,

There isn’t really a time and battery status command in touchscreens because they are located on the bottom right side of the screen (doesn’t matter if it is landscape or portrait). This is similar to iPad where you can check time and battery status via the status bar (topmost group of controls on the screen).

In regards to general touchscreen use: it isn’t enough to learn commands provided by the screen reader. Part of what makes touchscreen useful is knowing where things are. For example, on Windows, the screen is typically laid out thus:

  • An app window, below of which is the taskbar and other user interface elements.
  • An app window consists of a band of controls on top for manipulating windows, the content area (including the menu bar/ribbon area), and in some programs, status bars and toolbars.
  • The top band is further divided into the title bar on the left, and window controls (maximize button, minimize button, close button and such) on the right.
  • In some programs, the menu bar is located below the title bar. Some newer programs lack this, and some will come with ribbon (a band of contextual toolbars), most notably in Microsoft Office applications since 2007.
  • Below the menu bar are several band of controls containing contextual buttons.
  • Below the toolbars is the content area (a document, a spreadsheet, a presentation, a media playback area, etc.).
  • In some programs, below the content area sits one or more status bars.
  • Various toolbars may exist on the sides.
  • Below the app window is either the taskbar and other elements, or in some cases, an app may lie on top of another one.
  • The bottom controls on screen consists of (from left to right): Start button, various toolbars and buttons, taskbar, one or more additional buttons, notification area (system tray which contains clock, network status, volume, and on mobile devices, power and battery status, additional icons including that of NVDA), and Show Desktop button (which briefly minimizes all apps and shows icons on the desktop).
  • Various Windows releases may show additional buttons and toolbars on the bottom of the screen (besides taskbar and Start button), including Search and Task View buttons in Windows 10, touch keyboard toggle on tablets, and other controls.

 

At some point in 2019, I will ask NVDA developers if they can document what I just described to you in the user guide, specifically when introducing touchscreen commands. I will also make sure to remind anyone producing touchscreen tutorials of any kind to introduce what’s on screen before introducing touch commands (including a potentially fourth edition of Welcome to NvDA tutorial series).

 

There is an add-on called Enhanced Touch Gestures that makes touchscreen usage a bit easier

https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/enhancedTouchGestures.en.html

 

Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of molly the blind tech lover
Sent: Sunday, December 16, 2018 8:27 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] my experience using NVDA with a touchscreen

 

Hey guys, Molly here again.

I wanted to share my experience using NVDA with a touchscreen.

So I have a Microsoft Surface tablet. It’s one of those pc’s where you can disconnect the keyboard from the touchscreen. I love touchscreen devices, so I was hoping to use it like an iPad. However, it soon became clear that there are far more keyboard commands for NVDA than touch gestures. You can do basic things like swipe and double tap, and even activate the NVDA menu by doing a 2 finger double tap. However, you can’t start NVDA using the touchscreen. For some reason I found myself getting stuck in a particular area of the screen and unable to get out of it. I don’t think there’s a touch gesture to close apps.  I also haven’t found a way to check the time and battery status using the touchscreen. Basically, if you just use the touchscreen, you won’t have a lot of the commands you would have using the keyboard.  I found that  connecting the keyboard is much more efficient. Even using Narrator with the touchscreen is hard sometimes. While I appreciate that NVDA supports touch gestures, I would still recommend for anyone to use a physical keyboard. I’m glad I purchased the keyboard. Sold separately, apparently.  


Re: Merry Christmas

molly the blind tech lover
 

Hi.
I love turkey.
Tomorrow I'm going to cousin Caitlin's for a Christmas party. She has a baby girl named Sawyer. I got to hold her last time. She's so cute. Her head was very soft. But now she will be walking and probably won't want to be held. But that's okay. I hope they have those stuffed mushrooms and those chicken wings again. And I just can't wait.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Annette Moore
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 10:35 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Merry Christmas

It'll be turkey breast, ham and all the fixings, along with snacks and finger foods tomorrow, then, on Christmas Day, we're going to my aunt's and she usually has ham and all the fixings, so lots of food and goodies to enjoy for the next couple of days.

Annette

On 12/23/2018 9:30 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:
We usually have prime rib at our house too. I think we'll be having that again this year.



-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
molly the blind tech lover
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 6:15 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Merry Christmas

My mom usually makes prime rib, but this year, in addition to the salmon we're also having sword fish (not sure if I'm spelling that correctly) I also can't wait for pumpkin bread and ice cream. Yum.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Keao
Wright
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 9:06 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Merry Christmas

Sounds like fun!
I think every year we will have primerib, but not sure.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of molly the
blind tech lover
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 3:07 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Merry Christmas

I'm hoping for a google home hub this year. And to spend time with family and eat salmon and stuffed mushrooms and lots of sweets.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Keao
Wright
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 7:58 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas all, can't wait.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rosemarie
Chavarria
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 2:55 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Merry Christmas

Hi, Molly,


I'm really excited for Christmas too. I knitted dishcloths for everyone for Christmas this year. I usually give gift certificates but this year I thought I'd do something different.


Rosemarie



On 12/23/2018 4:31 PM, molly the blind tech lover wrote:
I'm so excited for Christmas!!!! Family, friends, delicious food. I miss my sister so much and can't wait to see her on Christmas.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of
Rosemarie Chavarria
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 6:37 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Merry Christmas

Happy and Merry Christmas from me to everyone on the list.



On 12/23/2018 3:21 PM, Laurie Mehta via Groups.Io wrote:
Happy Christmas to you as well, and to everyone on the list!
-Laurie
--------------------------------------------
On Sun, 12/23/18, Ján Kulik <jan.kulik.szsle@outlook.sk> wrote:

Subject: [nvda] Merry Christmas
To: "nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io" <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io>, "nvda-translations@groups.io" <nvda-translations@groups.io>, "nvda@nvda.groups.io" <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Date: Sunday, December 23, 2018, 12:28 PM

Hi everione, happy merry Christmas 2018

































Re: Merry Christmas

molly the blind tech lover
 

I am not a meat eater, but I love salmon, and sushi. My mom and I love this Japanese restaurant, and I always get the any three rolls: the spicy crunch salmon, the sweet potato tempora, and the spicy chicken. The plate comes with 18 pieces of sushi. I know this has nothing to do with Christmas or Nvda. Unless I mention the fact that I'm using Nvda to write this, but... um... never mind.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rosemarie Chavarria
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 10:31 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Merry Christmas

We usually have prime rib at our house too. I think we'll be having that again this year.



-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of molly the blind tech lover
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 6:15 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Merry Christmas

My mom usually makes prime rib, but this year, in addition to the salmon we're also having sword fish (not sure if I'm spelling that correctly) I also can't wait for pumpkin bread and ice cream. Yum.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Keao Wright
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 9:06 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Merry Christmas

Sounds like fun!
I think every year we will have primerib, but not sure.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of molly the blind tech lover
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 3:07 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Merry Christmas

I'm hoping for a google home hub this year. And to spend time with family and eat salmon and stuffed mushrooms and lots of sweets.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Keao Wright
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 7:58 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas all, can't wait.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rosemarie Chavarria
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 2:55 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Merry Christmas

Hi, Molly,


I'm really excited for Christmas too. I knitted dishcloths for everyone for Christmas this year. I usually give gift certificates but this year I thought I'd do something different.


Rosemarie



On 12/23/2018 4:31 PM, molly the blind tech lover wrote:
I'm so excited for Christmas!!!! Family, friends, delicious food. I miss my sister so much and can't wait to see her on Christmas.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rosemarie
Chavarria
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 6:37 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Merry Christmas

Happy and Merry Christmas from me to everyone on the list.



On 12/23/2018 3:21 PM, Laurie Mehta via Groups.Io wrote:
Happy Christmas to you as well, and to everyone on the list!
-Laurie
--------------------------------------------
On Sun, 12/23/18, Ján Kulik <jan.kulik.szsle@outlook.sk> wrote:

Subject: [nvda] Merry Christmas
To: "nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io" <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io>, "nvda-translations@groups.io" <nvda-translations@groups.io>, "nvda@nvda.groups.io" <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Date: Sunday, December 23, 2018, 12:28 PM

Hi everione, happy merry Christmas 2018