Date   

Re: Update to eSpeak NG- please test in Beta3

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

OK just gone and turned on the new synch so will keep a note if anything weird happens.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Quentin Christensen" <quentin@nvaccess.org>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2018 9:36 PM
Subject: [nvda] Update to eSpeak NG- please test in Beta3


Hi everyone,

For those using eSpeak NG, we've updated the build we're using in NVDA for
2018.4. If you haven't already, I'd encourage you to test the beta builds
to make sure there aren't any issues with it.

You can download NVDA 2018.4beta3 here:
https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2018-4beta3-released/

Note, it's not new for beta 3 specifically, so if you've been using the
betas, you've already had it, but I thought it was worth a special mention.

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Official NVDA Training modules and expert certification now available:
http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

www.nvaccess.org
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess



Re: Update to eSpeak NG- please test in Beta3

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

Thus far in most cases I'd not noticed, but I'll go and look as I may still be using speech player in espeak as it had much better pronouciation of some English british worms.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Quentin Christensen" <quentin@nvaccess.org>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2018 9:36 PM
Subject: [nvda] Update to eSpeak NG- please test in Beta3


Hi everyone,

For those using eSpeak NG, we've updated the build we're using in NVDA for
2018.4. If you haven't already, I'd encourage you to test the beta builds
to make sure there aren't any issues with it.

You can download NVDA 2018.4beta3 here:
https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2018-4beta3-released/

Note, it's not new for beta 3 specifically, so if you've been using the
betas, you've already had it, but I thought it was worth a special mention.

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Official NVDA Training modules and expert certification now available:
http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

www.nvaccess.org
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess



Re: 2018-4 beta 3

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

I get quite a few errors but they are not any different to previous versions. Some errors are benign unless they change the behaviour of the software.
Several editable areas have done this for many versions and indeed some parts of Windows have as well. I always do an issue if they look like they are serious. Often what they seem to be are errors where nvda has seen something odd but its then found the screen has changed and gets it sorted OK. If you are going to run the betas then if it annoys you you can change the sound manually to something a little less strident, but the idea is for it to alert an error has occurred.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Don H" <lmddh50@adams.net>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2018 6:43 PM
Subject: [nvda] 2018-4 beta 3


Running the latest beta on a win 10 1809 system. If I go to youtube move to the edit box and hit enter to enable me to type in my search. After typing in a few letters I start getting the NVDA error ding for each letter I press to finish entering my search term. I press enter and the search seems to work as it should but why the error dings when entering data into the search edit box?



Re: Facing problam

Quentin Christensen
 

Could you please send me a copy of your log, ideally at debug level:

1) Press NVDA+q
2) Down arrow to "Restart with debug logging enabled"
3) Press ENTER
4) Recreate the issues you're encountering
5) EITHER open the log (NVDA+F1) and copy the contents into an email
OR Attach the file "%temp%\nvda.log" to an email.
6) Send the email to me at info@...

Ideally if you could describe the issue in the email just so I know exactly what is going on, please.

Regards

Quentin.


On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 5:18 PM sunil kuntal <sunilkuntalarya@...> wrote:
I done all the things you maintioned .
Still i am facing same problam
.
Even i unstall and reinstalled the nvda after downloading it from offecial web

On Thu, Dec 6, 2018, 11:03 AM Quentin Christensen <quentin@... wrote:
If you have recently updated (NVDA or anything else), try rebooting the machine (particularly if it is a laptop that you don't usually shut down and just close the lid on).

Otherwise:
1. Press NVDA+N to open the NVDA menu (the NVDA key will be either INSERT or CAPS LOCK)
2. Press T for tools.
3. Choose "Run COM Registration fixing tool" and press ENTER.

That fixes a lot of these kind of problems.  Otherwise, are you running any add-ons?  If you try restarting NVDA with add-ons disabled, does it still occur?  To do that:
1. Press NVDA+q as if to quit NVDA
2. Down arrow to "Restart with add-ons disabled"
3. Press ENTER to restart NVDA with add-ons disabled.

Regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 4:23 PM sunil kuntal <sunilkuntalarya@...> wrote:
Dear all
I am facing problam that my nvda is not working properly.
It is not supporting in applivation menus, chrome, attachment dilog box treciew, and other some more places.
I am using windows 10 prof. Updated with all drivers. My laptop is of hp pro book.
Any one of you can suggest me for the same.

Regards
Sunil
9997445261


--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Official NVDA Training modules and expert certification now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess 
Twitter: @NVAccess 



--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Official NVDA Training modules and expert certification now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess 
Twitter: @NVAccess 


Re: Facing problam

sunil kuntal <sunilkuntalarya@...>
 

I done all the things you maintioned .
Still i am facing same problam
.
Even i unstall and reinstalled the nvda after downloading it from offecial web

On Thu, Dec 6, 2018, 11:03 AM Quentin Christensen <quentin@... wrote:
If you have recently updated (NVDA or anything else), try rebooting the machine (particularly if it is a laptop that you don't usually shut down and just close the lid on).

Otherwise:
1. Press NVDA+N to open the NVDA menu (the NVDA key will be either INSERT or CAPS LOCK)
2. Press T for tools.
3. Choose "Run COM Registration fixing tool" and press ENTER.

That fixes a lot of these kind of problems.  Otherwise, are you running any add-ons?  If you try restarting NVDA with add-ons disabled, does it still occur?  To do that:
1. Press NVDA+q as if to quit NVDA
2. Down arrow to "Restart with add-ons disabled"
3. Press ENTER to restart NVDA with add-ons disabled.

Regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 4:23 PM sunil kuntal <sunilkuntalarya@...> wrote:
Dear all
I am facing problam that my nvda is not working properly.
It is not supporting in applivation menus, chrome, attachment dilog box treciew, and other some more places.
I am using windows 10 prof. Updated with all drivers. My laptop is of hp pro book.
Any one of you can suggest me for the same.

Regards
Sunil
9997445261


--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Official NVDA Training modules and expert certification now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess 
Twitter: @NVAccess 


Re: 2018-4 beta 3

Rosemarie Chavarria
 

The error isn't interfering with me being able to do tasks.

 

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: Wednesday, December 5, 2018 9:03 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] 2018-4 beta 3

 

That's correct, the ding indicates and error.  It is a higher priority if the error interferes with doing tasks, although ideally we'd like to get to the bottom of most errors.  I'm not specifically familiar with what is causing this one.

 

Regards

 

Quentin.

 

On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 9:30 AM Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@...> wrote:

I think the beta versions of NVDA have that ding sound to indicate some kind of an error but I don't know for sure. Perhaps someone could clarify that for me so I can understand it better.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Don H
Sent: Wednesday, December 5, 2018 10:43 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] 2018-4 beta 3

Running the latest beta on a win 10 1809 system.  If I go to youtube move to the edit box and hit enter to enable me to type in my search.
After typing in a few letters I start getting the NVDA error ding for each letter I press to finish entering my search term.  I press enter and the search seems to work as it should but why the error dings when entering data into the search edit box?








 

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

 

Official NVDA Training modules and expert certification now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

 

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess 
Twitter: @NVAccess 


Re: Facing problam

Quentin Christensen
 

If you have recently updated (NVDA or anything else), try rebooting the machine (particularly if it is a laptop that you don't usually shut down and just close the lid on).

Otherwise:
1. Press NVDA+N to open the NVDA menu (the NVDA key will be either INSERT or CAPS LOCK)
2. Press T for tools.
3. Choose "Run COM Registration fixing tool" and press ENTER.

That fixes a lot of these kind of problems.  Otherwise, are you running any add-ons?  If you try restarting NVDA with add-ons disabled, does it still occur?  To do that:
1. Press NVDA+q as if to quit NVDA
2. Down arrow to "Restart with add-ons disabled"
3. Press ENTER to restart NVDA with add-ons disabled.

Regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 4:23 PM sunil kuntal <sunilkuntalarya@...> wrote:
Dear all
I am facing problam that my nvda is not working properly.
It is not supporting in applivation menus, chrome, attachment dilog box treciew, and other some more places.
I am using windows 10 prof. Updated with all drivers. My laptop is of hp pro book.
Any one of you can suggest me for the same.

Regards
Sunil
9997445261



--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Official NVDA Training modules and expert certification now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess 
Twitter: @NVAccess 


Facing problam

sunilkuntalarya@...
 

Dear all
I am facing problam that my nvda is not working properly.
It is not supporting in applivation menus, chrome, attachment dilog box treciew, and other some more places.
I am using windows 10 prof. Updated with all drivers. My laptop is of hp pro book.
Any one of you can suggest me for the same.

Regards
Sunil
9997445261


Re: 2018-4 beta 3

Gene
 

There may well be no connection, but I wonder if the error occurs on Google as well.  I wonder if it has anything to do with sites that show suggestions as you type.
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2018 11:02 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] 2018-4 beta 3

That's correct, the ding indicates and error.  It is a higher priority if the error interferes with doing tasks, although ideally we'd like to get to the bottom of most errors.  I'm not specifically familiar with what is causing this one.

Regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 9:30 AM Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@...> wrote:
I think the beta versions of NVDA have that ding sound to indicate some kind of an error but I don't know for sure. Perhaps someone could clarify that for me so I can understand it better.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Don H
Sent: Wednesday, December 5, 2018 10:43 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] 2018-4 beta 3

Running the latest beta on a win 10 1809 system.  If I go to youtube move to the edit box and hit enter to enable me to type in my search.
After typing in a few letters I start getting the NVDA error ding for each letter I press to finish entering my search term.  I press enter and the search seems to work as it should but why the error dings when entering data into the search edit box?










--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Official NVDA Training modules and expert certification now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess 
Twitter: @NVAccess 


Re: 2018-4 beta 3

Quentin Christensen
 

That's correct, the ding indicates and error.  It is a higher priority if the error interferes with doing tasks, although ideally we'd like to get to the bottom of most errors.  I'm not specifically familiar with what is causing this one.

Regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 9:30 AM Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@...> wrote:
I think the beta versions of NVDA have that ding sound to indicate some kind of an error but I don't know for sure. Perhaps someone could clarify that for me so I can understand it better.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Don H
Sent: Wednesday, December 5, 2018 10:43 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] 2018-4 beta 3

Running the latest beta on a win 10 1809 system.  If I go to youtube move to the edit box and hit enter to enable me to type in my search.
After typing in a few letters I start getting the NVDA error ding for each letter I press to finish entering my search term.  I press enter and the search seems to work as it should but why the error dings when entering data into the search edit box?










--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Official NVDA Training modules and expert certification now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess 
Twitter: @NVAccess 


Ask about learning a new language using screen reader.

prem.translator@...
 

Dear Listers, 
For now, NVDA is the only one screen reader that I use. I'd like to learn a new language which will be start next year. I have questions, but first of all, here are my plans and / or conditions. 
 
- I don't have braille display, so I can only learn by listening any materials and reading anything using screen reader. 
- I'm using NVDA with Windows 7. 
- For now, I'm deciding to choose between Chinese and Arabic. 
 
Here are my questions: 
 
- What are the best synthesizers for both languages, it can be paid or free synthesizer that can use with NVDA. 
- Is it hard to learn typing in both languages? I mean, keyboard layout, special symbol etc.
- Any suggestions about learning both languages are welcome. 
 
Thank you.
 


spellcheck with CodeFactory Vocalizer

Chris Shook <chris0309@...>
 

Hi,
Has anyone had trouble checking spelling with the CodeFactory vocalizer expressive voices?
I'm using office 2010 if that helps.
Chris


Continuous reading in Braille

John J. Boyer
 

Is it possible to set up NVDA with a Braille display so that the material flows across the display continuiusly? My
fingers are getting sore from pressing the button to read the next line. It would also be nice to have short rewind and
short fast forward, as in an audiobook. The file would probably be in notepad.

Thanks,
John

--
John J. Boyer
Email: john.boyer@abilitiessoft.org
website: http://www.abilitiessoft.org
Status: Company dissolved but website and email addresses live.
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Mission: developing assistive technology software and providing STEM services
that are available at no cost


Re: Article: Microsoft will replace edge with chrome-basedbrowser for windows 10

 

What made microsoft drop its own brouser?

It seemed to be proud of it.

I am not complaining, if chrome is used, I wander if we can use all google features like cloud print and extentions.

And if that is the case then in theory we don't need to have our own brouser on win10.

On 12/6/2018 12:26 PM, David Moore wrote:
Hi all!
I am a Windows insider, and I am using Narrator with Google Chrome browser in insider build 18290.
Narrator works just as well in Chrome, as JAWS or NVDA does.
It will come out in the Spring update.
David Moore

                                                                                                                                                                                                                Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Felix G.
Sent: Wednesday, December 5, 2018 12:42 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Article: Microsoft will replace edge with chrome-basedbrowser for windows 10

Don't worry, I have every reason to believe they are very much
committed to accessibility. The transition to UIA was for very valid
reasons even though it created some uncomfortable moments, but that's
what happens for most paradigm shifts.
Let's all make liberal use of the feedback hub when things break for us.
All the best,
Felix
Am Mi., 5. Dez. 2018 um 17:32 Uhr schrieb Jason White via Groups.Io
<jason=jasonjgw.net@groups.io>:
It's reported here that UIA clients such as Narrator can now access the IAccessible2 API used by Chrome.
https://www.windowscentral.com/windows-10-build-18267-heads-out-fast-ring-insiders
(not yet released, apparently)

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joseph Lee
Sent: Wednesday, December 5, 2018 10:10 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Article: Microsoft will replace edge with chrome-based browser for windows 10

Hi,
This changes if Microsoft insists on using UIA to communicate with the supposed new browser/rendering engine.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Felix G.
Sent: Wednesday, December 5, 2018 6:44 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Article: Microsoft will replace edge with chrome-based browser for windows 10

Hi!
If the new variant will be Chromium-based, chances are it will play nice with NVDA.
Best,
Felix
Am Mi., 5. Dez. 2018 um 15:37 Uhr schrieb Joseph Lee
<joseph.lee22590@gmail.com>:
Hi,
Like any rumors, this is bound to change without notice if market conditions and other variables change.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jacob
Kruger
Sent: Wednesday, December 5, 2018 6:31 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Article: Microsoft will replace edge with
chrome-based browser for windows 10

Ron, while I, honestly, haven't bothered trying out edge too much, all I really meant with my comment was that, if MS themselves are discarding it, then it might not merit much more attention from the NVDA developers?


And, if it's going to come up in it's current state at times, then, hopefully NVDA versions won't get confused about how they should handle it - if differently at all.


But, I primarily just posted this article here since I found it interesting from a browser end-user point of view.


Stay well


Jacob Kruger
082 413 4791
Skype: BlindZA
"Resistance is futile...but, acceptance is versatile..."
On 2018-12-05 4:24 PM, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi Jacob,


The only issue I have had with NVDA and Edge is the inability of
NVDA to recognize visited links. I have used Edge with great
success on and off over the past year or so--although I do prefer
Firefox as my default browser.


On 12/5/2018 5:50 AM, Jacob Kruger wrote:
https://mybroadband.co.za/news/software/288342-microsoft-will-repla
ce -edge-with-chrome-based-browser-for-windows-10-report.html



They don't mention anything like time-scale, but, presume this will
mean NVDA devs, etc. can leave out too much worrying about edge
buffering compatibility?

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
"Resistance is futile...but, acceptance is versatile..."

















Re: [nvda-translations] [nvda-addons] Interesting and very informative lecture for potential developers

 

Hi,
This reminds me: I need to make that archive public this weekend.
Cheers,
Joseph

----- Original Message -----
From: "Adriani Botez" <adriani.botez@gmail.com
To: <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io>,<nvda@nvda.groups.io>,<nvda-t
ranslations@groups.io
Date sent: Wed, 5 Dec 2018 23:45:21 +0100
Subject: Re: [nvda-translations] [nvda-addons] Interesting and very informative lecture for potential developers

Hello,

Joseph's Python course can be read here. Just join that group and follow the treat. There are also many exercises you can do to aply different python programming principles.

https://nvda.groups.io/g/devlearning


Best
Adriani


-----Urspr체ngliche Nachricht-----
Von: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io> Im Auftrag von ???
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 5. Dezember 2018 09:13
An: addon <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Betreff: Re: [nvda-addons] Interesting and very informative lecture for potential developers

I never found the Python learning course on it.
Thank you!

On Wed, 5 Dec 2018, Larry Wang wrote:

https://www.josephsl.net/tutorials/

On Wed, Dec 5, 2018 at 9:48 AM 遙섊뵟&#65533;&#65533; <coscell@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Adriani

Where to browse the Joseph Lee's course?

On Tue, 4 Dec 2018, Adriani Botez wrote:


Dear all,


after Joseph Lee organized and maintained the very important and very good Python learning course 2017 / 2018, I think it is time for us to keep in touch with screen reader related information.
This is important if you
want to learn how
to improve things from a programatical point of view. Speaking for myself, I don&#65533;셳 know if I ever will be able to improve things in a consistent way. I am not a professional programer but I am trying to do it in my spare
time and am
interested to understand the principles behind it. Though, NVDA&#65533;셲 code is very complex and in fact, we can understand it much better if we actually know how NVDA gets the information it reads out for us. So I think this
tutorial
explains in quite understandable terms how accessibility APIs work, compares them and shows how WEI-ARIA fits in this construct.


I recommend to all of you who want to try to contribute to NVDA&#65533;셲 code anytime in his life, read this tutorial and try to understand its core aspects. This tutorial brings most modern technologies in discussion and in my
opinion is
covering all important points with regard to Accessibility APIs and their meaning for screen readers.


https://www.w3.org/TR/core-aam-1.1/



Best

Adriani


Re: Article: Microsoft will replace edge with chrome-basedbrowser for windows 10

David Moore
 

Hi all!

I am a Windows insider, and I am using Narrator with Google Chrome browser in insider build 18290.

Narrator works just as well in Chrome, as JAWS or NVDA does.

It will come out in the Spring update.

David Moore

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Felix G.
Sent: Wednesday, December 5, 2018 12:42 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Article: Microsoft will replace edge with chrome-basedbrowser for windows 10

 

Don't worry, I have every reason to believe they are very much

committed to accessibility. The transition to UIA was for very valid

reasons even though it created some uncomfortable moments, but that's

what happens for most paradigm shifts.

Let's all make liberal use of the feedback hub when things break for us.

All the best,

Felix

Am Mi., 5. Dez. 2018 um 17:32 Uhr schrieb Jason White via Groups.Io

<jason@...>:

> It's reported here that UIA clients such as Narrator can now access the IAccessible2 API used by Chrome.

> https://www.windowscentral.com/windows-10-build-18267-heads-out-fast-ring-insiders

> (not yet released, apparently)

> -----Original Message-----

> From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joseph Lee

> Sent: Wednesday, December 5, 2018 10:10 AM

> To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

> Subject: Re: [nvda] Article: Microsoft will replace edge with chrome-based browser for windows 10

> Hi,

> This changes if Microsoft insists on using UIA to communicate with the supposed new browser/rendering engine.

> Cheers,

> Joseph

> -----Original Message-----

> From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Felix G.

> Sent: Wednesday, December 5, 2018 6:44 AM

> To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

> Subject: Re: [nvda] Article: Microsoft will replace edge with chrome-based browser for windows 10

> Hi!

> If the new variant will be Chromium-based, chances are it will play nice with NVDA.

> Best,

> Felix

> Am Mi., 5. Dez. 2018 um 15:37 Uhr schrieb Joseph Lee

> <joseph.lee22590@...>:

> >

> > Hi,

> > Like any rumors, this is bound to change without notice if market conditions and other variables change.

> > Cheers,

> > Joseph

> >

> > -----Original Message-----

> > From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jacob

> > Kruger

> > Sent: Wednesday, December 5, 2018 6:31 AM

> > To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

> > Subject: Re: [nvda] Article: Microsoft will replace edge with

> > chrome-based browser for windows 10

> >

> > Ron, while I, honestly, haven't bothered trying out edge too much, all I really meant with my comment was that, if MS themselves are discarding it, then it might not merit much more attention from the NVDA developers?

> >

> >

> > And, if it's going to come up in it's current state at times, then, hopefully NVDA versions won't get confused about how they should handle it - if differently at all.

> >

> >

> > But, I primarily just posted this article here since I found it interesting from a browser end-user point of view.

> >

> >

> > Stay well

> >

> >

> > Jacob Kruger

> > 082 413 4791

> > Skype: BlindZA

> > "Resistance is futile...but, acceptance is versatile..."

> > On 2018-12-05 4:24 PM, Ron Canazzi wrote:

> > > Hi Jacob,

> > >

> > >

> > > The only issue I have had with NVDA and Edge is the inability of

> > > NVDA to recognize visited links.  I have used Edge with great

> > > success on and off over the past year or so--although I do prefer

> > > Firefox as my default browser.

> > >

> > >

> > > On 12/5/2018 5:50 AM, Jacob Kruger wrote:

> > >> https://mybroadband.co.za/news/software/288342-microsoft-will-repla

> > >> ce -edge-with-chrome-based-browser-for-windows-10-report.html

> > >>

> > >>

> > >>

> > >> They don't mention anything like time-scale, but, presume this will

> > >> mean NVDA devs, etc. can leave out too much worrying about edge

> > >> buffering compatibility?

> > >>

> > >> Jacob Kruger

> > >> Blind Biker

> > >> Skype: BlindZA

> > >> "Resistance is futile...but, acceptance is versatile..."

> > >>

> > >>

> > >>

> > >>

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

 

 

 


Re: Update to eSpeak NG- please test in Beta3

 

I can't remember right now when I did the last update on my NVDA, all I can remember is that I did it this week.
It's all right here.
P.S.: I'm one of the guys that had mentioned problems with other eSpeak test and I also tested the correction. After this I didn't had any problem regarding the pronunciation and stuff.
Em 05/12/2018 19:36, Quentin Christensen escreveu:

Hi everyone,

For those using eSpeak NG, we've updated the build we're using in NVDA for 2018.4.  If you haven't already, I'd encourage you to test the beta builds to make sure there aren't any issues with it.

You can download NVDA 2018.4beta3 here: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2018-4beta3-released/

Note, it's not new for beta 3 specifically, so if you've been using the betas, you've already had it, but I thought it was worth a special mention.

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Official NVDA Training modules and expert certification now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess 
Twitter: @NVAccess 



Re: [nvda-addons] Interesting and very informative lecture for potential developers

Adriani Botez
 

Hello,

Joseph's Python course can be read here. Just join that group and follow the treat. There are also many exercises you can do to aply different python programming principles.

https://nvda.groups.io/g/devlearning


Best
Adriani


-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io> Im Auftrag von ???
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 5. Dezember 2018 09:13
An: addon <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io>
Betreff: Re: [nvda-addons] Interesting and very informative lecture for potential developers

I never found the Python learning course on it.
Thank you!

On Wed, 5 Dec 2018, Larry Wang wrote:

https://www.josephsl.net/tutorials/

On Wed, Dec 5, 2018 at 9:48 AM 高生旺 <coscell@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Adriani

Where to browse the Joseph Lee's course?

On Tue, 4 Dec 2018, Adriani Botez wrote:

>
> Dear all,
>
>
> after Joseph Lee organized and maintained the very important and very good Python learning course 2017 / 2018, I think it is time for us to keep in touch with screen reader related information. This is important if you
want to learn how
> to improve things from a programatical point of view. Speaking for myself, I don’t know if I ever will be able to improve things in a consistent way. I am not a professional programer but I am trying to do it in my spare
time and am
> interested to understand the principles behind it. Though, NVDA’s code is very complex and in fact, we can understand it much better if we actually know how NVDA gets the information it reads out for us. So I think this
tutorial
> explains in quite understandable terms how accessibility APIs work, compares them and shows how WEI-ARIA fits in this construct.
>
>
> I recommend to all of you who want to try to contribute to NVDA’s code anytime in his life, read this tutorial and try to understand its core aspects. This tutorial brings most modern technologies in discussion and in my
opinion is
> covering all important points with regard to Accessibility APIs and their meaning for screen readers.
>
>
> https://www.w3.org/TR/core-aam-1.1/
>
>
>
> Best
>
> Adriani
>
>
>
>
>






Re: realtech drivers

 

AAh, thanks links look like they changed.

On 12/6/2018 9:54 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
Shaun,

           You did not mention which Realtek audio device it is that you're looking for the driver for, but there are many still available from Realtek.  See:

                          https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/advanced-search/469?Itemid=276

This page, specifically, https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/pc-audio-codecs-high-definition-audio-codecs-software , almost certainly has the Windows driver you're looking for.  They're updated through 2017 and for Windows 10 as well as earlier Windows.

--

Brian *-* Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763

*A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep.*

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back



Re: 2018-4 beta 3

Rosemarie Chavarria
 

I think the beta versions of NVDA have that ding sound to indicate some kind of an error but I don't know for sure. Perhaps someone could clarify that for me so I can understand it better.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Don H
Sent: Wednesday, December 5, 2018 10:43 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] 2018-4 beta 3

Running the latest beta on a win 10 1809 system. If I go to youtube move to the edit box and hit enter to enable me to type in my search.
After typing in a few letters I start getting the NVDA error ding for each letter I press to finish entering my search term. I press enter and the search seems to work as it should but why the error dings when entering data into the search edit box?