Date   

Re: info about math

Kerryn Gunness <k_gunness@...>
 

thank u
 

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2018 9:58 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] info about math

Hi, I have heard of MathML, but have also struggled with math accessibility. Now days, you should be able to get decent results by a Google search on math for the blind, or something similar. You might try “math accessibility” as part of your phrase.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kerryn Gunness via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2018 8:46 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] info about math

 

hi all

i no this may not be related to the group directly, but i will ask anyway

1 can NVDA work with math?

2  what systems are in place for u all in the first world countries to do math, in terms of accessibility etc

3  we in the caribbean having difficulties with math accessibility for our students

4 what do u all use there, at schools, at universities etc

 

thanks

 

regards

kerryn


Re: info about math

Walker, Michael E
 

Hi, I have heard of MathML, but have also struggled with math accessibility. Now days, you should be able to get decent results by a Google search on math for the blind, or something similar. You might try “math accessibility” as part of your phrase.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kerryn Gunness via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2018 8:46 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] info about math

 

hi all

i no this may not be related to the group directly, but i will ask anyway

1 can NVDA work with math?

2  what systems are in place for u all in the first world countries to do math, in terms of accessibility etc

3  we in the caribbean having difficulties with math accessibility for our students

4 what do u all use there, at schools, at universities etc

 

thanks

 

regards

kerryn


info about math

Kerryn Gunness <k_gunness@...>
 

hi all
i no this may not be related to the group directly, but i will ask anyway
1 can NVDA work with math?
2  what systems are in place for u all in the first world countries to do math, in terms of accessibility etc
3  we in the caribbean having difficulties with math accessibility for our students
4 what do u all use there, at schools, at universities etc
 
thanks
 
regards
kerryn


Re: NVDA and Microsoft OneCore Voices

Chris Mullins
 

Hi Kelly

Assuming you are talking about the voice rate in NVDA Settings being 100%,press Windows+i to open the Settings dialog for Windows, tab into the list of categories and press enter on “Ease of Access”.  Tab to the list of topics and arrow down to Speech and press enter.  Tab to “Additional Speech Settings and press enter.  You should find a speech rate for the OneCore voice, check it’s value between the 2 machines and adjust accordingly.

 

Cheers

Chris . 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kelly
Sent: 17 August 2018 13:42
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA and Microsoft OneCore Voices

 

Hi,

 

Are there any known issues with NVDA and the MS OneCore voices and speech rate.  I have the same version of NVDA installed on two different computers but the top rates I’m getting with the OneCore voices are drastically different.  On one machine, the rates are similar to what you’d get if you used MS Sapi 5, very slow even at 100%.  The voices themselves are the OneCore versions though.

 

The two machines are running the latest Windows Insider build.

 

 


no braille in help mode

Brian Tew
 

when I press nvda+1 all braille ceases.
It comes back as soon as I press nvda+1 again.
using hims u2 on win ten 64bit desktop.


NVDA and Microsoft OneCore Voices

Kelly <kelly@...>
 

Hi,

 

Are there any known issues with NVDA and the MS OneCore voices and speech rate.  I have the same version of NVDA installed on two different computers but the top rates I’m getting with the OneCore voices are drastically different.  On one machine, the rates are similar to what you’d get if you used MS Sapi 5, very slow even at 100%.  The voices themselves are the OneCore versions though.

 

The two machines are running the latest Windows Insider build.

 

 


Re: NVDA not reading emoji in emoji panel

Jacob Kruger
 

Christo, noticed something 'odd' just now - here on my windows 10 machine, running nvda alpha version, under NVDA preferences, settings, under emoticons, the default setting seemed to be Activate speaking of emoticons: off - when changed it to on, it then did start reading out emoticons to me again.


Stay well


Jacob Kruger
082 413 4791
Skype: BlindZA
"Resistance is futile...but, acceptance is versatile..."

On 8/17/2018 1:42 PM, Christo de Klerk wrote:
Hi Joseph

After another reboot it is working again to my astonishment😲 I don't understand it😖 but I am very glad😌

Thank you for the trouble you took to help; I appreciate it and also apologise for taking up your time.

Kind regards

Christo


On 2018/08/16 09:07 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
I still cannot reproduce this problem when I tried with NVDA 2018.3 beta 2 and Windows 10 App Essentials 18.08.1 running on build 17134.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Christo de Klerk
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2018 10:32 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA not reading emoji in emoji panel

NVDA version 2018.3Beta2 and Windows 10 App Essentials version 18.08.1.

Kind regards

Christo


On 2018/08/16 06:53 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
And which NVDA version and add-on release do you have?
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Christo
de Klerk
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2018 9:52 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA not reading emoji in emoji panel

Hello again

I have version 1803  build 17134.228, but I noticed this behaviour with build 17134.165 already, but hoped it would go away or be fixed by 228.
Even a restart or a shutdown and start-up does not fix it. This is flabbergasting.

Kind regards

Christo



On 2018/08/16 06:42 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
I see. If you have build 17134 (Version 1803 stable), it may have to do with NVDA missing some UIA events, as I can't reproduce this on latest Windows Insider build. Try logging out and back in.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Christo
de Klerk
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2018 9:39 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA not reading emoji in emoji panel

Hi Joseph

I cannot get NVDA to read the emoji panel in any application which allows text input. For example, I am writing this in Thunderbird and I cannot select emoji while typing this message. Also in Notepad and other text editors I have tried and also not in the message composition window of Outlook 2013. If I bring up Narrator, I can use it to select emoji from the panel.

It used to work for me in NVDA, but I can't pinpoint at which point it stopped working.

Kind regards

Christo


On 2018/08/16 05:15 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
Under which circumstances does NVDA not read this panel - perhaps using nOtepad, browsing the web, wetc.?
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Christo
de Klerk
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2018 6:02 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA not reading emoji in emoji panel

Hello all


I used to be able to access emoji in the emoji panel you get by pressing Windows key plus period or Windows key plus semicolon, but for some reason NVDA does not read the emoji in that panel or the category names anymore. Narrator reads them perfectly, so I know they are there and I can use Narrator to insert emoji in my text.


Does anyone have any idea what could be causing NVDA to just say "blank"
when I navigate around the emoji panel? Is there some setting that could be upsetting NVDA?


I am using NVDA version 2018.3 Beta 2 on a 32 bit Windows 10 machine
with the latest Windows update. I have the latest version of Windows
10 App Essentials add-on installed and active.


I would appreciate your suggestions.


Kind regards


Christo


















Re: NVDA not reading emoji in emoji panel

Christo de Klerk
 

Hi Joseph

After another reboot it is working again to my astonishment😲 I don't understand it😖 but I am very glad😌

Thank you for the trouble you took to help; I appreciate it and also apologise for taking up your time.

Kind regards

Christo

On 2018/08/16 09:07 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
I still cannot reproduce this problem when I tried with NVDA 2018.3 beta 2 and Windows 10 App Essentials 18.08.1 running on build 17134.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Christo de Klerk
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2018 10:32 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA not reading emoji in emoji panel

NVDA version 2018.3Beta2 and Windows 10 App Essentials version 18.08.1.

Kind regards

Christo


On 2018/08/16 06:53 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
And which NVDA version and add-on release do you have?
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Christo
de Klerk
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2018 9:52 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA not reading emoji in emoji panel

Hello again

I have version 1803 build 17134.228, but I noticed this behaviour with build 17134.165 already, but hoped it would go away or be fixed by 228.
Even a restart or a shutdown and start-up does not fix it. This is flabbergasting.

Kind regards

Christo



On 2018/08/16 06:42 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
I see. If you have build 17134 (Version 1803 stable), it may have to do with NVDA missing some UIA events, as I can't reproduce this on latest Windows Insider build. Try logging out and back in.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Christo
de Klerk
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2018 9:39 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA not reading emoji in emoji panel

Hi Joseph

I cannot get NVDA to read the emoji panel in any application which allows text input. For example, I am writing this in Thunderbird and I cannot select emoji while typing this message. Also in Notepad and other text editors I have tried and also not in the message composition window of Outlook 2013. If I bring up Narrator, I can use it to select emoji from the panel.

It used to work for me in NVDA, but I can't pinpoint at which point it stopped working.

Kind regards

Christo


On 2018/08/16 05:15 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
Under which circumstances does NVDA not read this panel - perhaps using nOtepad, browsing the web, wetc.?
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Christo
de Klerk
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2018 6:02 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA not reading emoji in emoji panel

Hello all


I used to be able to access emoji in the emoji panel you get by pressing Windows key plus period or Windows key plus semicolon, but for some reason NVDA does not read the emoji in that panel or the category names anymore. Narrator reads them perfectly, so I know they are there and I can use Narrator to insert emoji in my text.


Does anyone have any idea what could be causing NVDA to just say "blank"
when I navigate around the emoji panel? Is there some setting that could be upsetting NVDA?


I am using NVDA version 2018.3 Beta 2 on a 32 bit Windows 10 machine
with the latest Windows update. I have the latest version of Windows
10 App Essentials add-on installed and active.


I would appreciate your suggestions.


Kind regards


Christo
















Re: Mozilla fire fox crashes with nvda 2018.3 beta 3

hurrikennyandopo ...
 

Hi


Can any one tell me the reason why the difference.


In a portable version of the alfa snapshot in the main directory there
is 59 files.


In the portable version of the beta main directory there are only 53 files


In the stable version in the main directory there are 60 files in the
stable version in the main directory.


so it seems like there are files missing in the beta version of nvda
2018.3 beta 3


Why would this be different for all 3?


Gene nz

On 8/17/2018 11:03 PM, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:
Hi


If i use the beta 3 version of nvda it crashes fire fox wheather you
open it in the user guide or from off the desk top.


it does not do it for the alfa or stable version.


Gene nz



On 8/17/2018 10:15 PM, zahra wrote:
hi.
i explaned how to disable multiprocess of firefox.
can you please try it and give me the result?
thanks.

On 8/17/18, hurrikennyandopo ... <hurrikennyandopo@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi guys


I downloaded the nvda 2018.3 beta 3 release made sure every thing was
cleared in the portable version then installed the new 2018.3 beta 3
release into that folder.


The same problem still is there when you go either to open say the user
guide etc through mozilla fire fox you hear a ding then fire fox crashes.


I also thought i would open it normally from the desk top and the same
thing happens it goes to open up then the browser crashes.


The alfa version does not do this and nor does the stable version of
nvda 2018.2.1 it just opens normally.


There is no add ons in nvda for the beta version and i do not think any
ting in mozilla fire fox is doing it either.


has any body got any ideas if i can not get into the browser.


I tried it with google chrome no problems there when opening a web site
only in mozilla fire fox.

It looks as though edge will open correctly as well.


The only ting i have not done is installed the beta over the stable
version not sure if it would fix it or still do the same.


I did post a debug in last night but can open the beta version of nvda
go into those browsers and show that 2 work correctly but not mozilla
fire fox.

Not sure if this would show any more to a developer.


any other ideas to try?



Gene nz

On 8/17/2018 3:48 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
How do you do this.

Multiprocessing is actually a good idea if your system is powerfull
enough.

Waterfox can do it if you check a box.



On 8/17/2018 3:36 PM, zahra wrote:
hi.
i never used beta versions of nvda, but i found a solution for
stopping crashing for newer versions of firefox, (firefox quantum).
the solution is disabling multiprocess in firefox.
if someone wish to do this, because of crashing or slowness of the
system, and someone has not powerful system to handel multiprocess
without problem, let me know and i explane how to disable this
horrible feature of firefox quantum!

On 8/17/18, hurrikennyandopo ... <hurrikennyandopo@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi


If you are referring to nvda in the beta version there is no add
ons. if
it is the browser it is the same add ons that are used with the alfa
and
stable version and it or those versions do not have the problem only
the
beta. It is sorta randam but seems if you use the alfa first then turn
it off then start the beta it will happen then at times.


Gene nz



On 8/16/2018 9:12 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Do you use any add ons?
Try disabling them all and then turn them on one at a time if it fixes
it.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "hurrikennyandopo ..."
<hurrikennyandopo@hotmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2018 9:35 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Mozilla fire fox crashes with nvda 2018.3 beta 2


It seems to happen if i use the alfa snap shot first say to update
then
after i turn it off then check with the beta version it seems to
crash
but not all the time some times it will just give the message no
updates
then you can close it then other times the browser crashes.

this is only with nvda 2018.3 beta 2 not the alfa snap shot.


Gene nz



On 8/16/2018 8:24 PM, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:
Hi guys


I do not get this problem with the alfa snapshot when i go to do the
following. help then check for update.

it will download the alfa snap shot then let me set it up.


when i go to do the same with the nvda 2018.3 beta 2 snap shot it
goes
to open the browser then crashes and then i get the following.


I thought it might of been a corrupted beta etc so totally
removed it
all settings etc then reinstalled it. Even done this with a new
fresh
copy as well.


INFO - __main__ (20:09:35.987):
Starting NVDA
INFO - core.main (20:09:36.563):
Config dir: C:\nvda beta snapshots\userConfig
INFO - config.ConfigManager._loadConfig (20:09:36.565):
Loading config: .\userConfig\nvda.ini
INFO - core.main (20:09:36.717):
NVDA version 2018.3beta2
INFO - core.main (20:09:36.717):
Using Windows version 10.0.17134 workstation
INFO - core.main (20:09:36.719):
Using Python version 2.7.15 (v2.7.15:ca079a3ea3, Apr 30 2018,
16:22:17)
[MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)]
INFO - core.main (20:09:36.719):
Using comtypes version 1.1.3
INFO - synthDriverHandler.setSynth (20:09:38.078):
Loaded synthDriver oneCore
INFO - core.main (20:09:38.079):
Using wx version 3.0.2.0 msw (classic)
INFO - brailleInput.initialize (20:09:38.085):
Braille input initialized
INFO - braille.initialize (20:09:38.085):
Using liblouis version 3.6.0
INFO - braille.BrailleHandler.setDisplayByName (20:09:38.088):
Loaded braille display driver noBraille, current display has 0
cells.
INFO - _UIAHandler.UIAHandler.MTAThreadFunc (20:09:38.415):
UIAutomation: IUIAutomation5
INFO - core.main (20:09:38.915):
NVDA initialized
INFO - updateCheck.AutoUpdateChecker._started (20:09:38.993):
Performing automatic update check
ERROR - virtualBuffers.VirtualBuffer._loadBuffer (20:10:21.470):
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "virtualBuffers\__init__.pyo", line 417, in _loadBuffer
WindowsError: [Error 1726] The remote procedure call failed
ERROR - virtualBuffers.VirtualBuffer._loadBuffer (20:11:19.418):
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "virtualBuffers\__init__.pyo", line 417, in _loadBuffer
WindowsError: [Error 1726] The remote procedure call failed
INFO - globalCommands.GlobalCommands.script_navigatorObject_devInfo
(20:12:05.006):
Developer info for navigator object:
name: u'Tell Mozilla about this crash so they can fix it'
role: ROLE_CHECKBOX
states: STATE_CHECKED, STATE_FOCUSABLE, STATE_FOCUSED
isFocusable: True
hasFocus: True
Python object: <NVDAObjects.IAccessible.IAccessible object at
0x035D3450>
Python class mro: (<class 'NVDAObjects.IAccessible.IAccessible'>,
<class
'NVDAObjects.window.Window'>, <class 'NVDAObjects.NVDAObject'>,
<class
'documentBase.TextContainerObject'>, <class
'baseObject.ScriptableObject'>, <class
'baseObject.AutoPropertyObject'>,
<type 'object'>)
description: None
location: (477, 450, 355, 16)
value: None
appModule: <'appModuleHandler' (appName u'crashreporter', process ID
9028) at address 5872650>
appModule.productName: u'Firefox'
appModule.productVersion: u'61.0.2'
TextInfo: <class 'NVDAObjects.NVDAObjectTextInfo'>
windowHandle: 263040
windowClassName: u'Button'
windowControlID: 1007
windowStyle: 1342242819
windowThreadID: 6616
windowText: u'Tell Mozilla about this crash so they can fix it'
displayText: u'Tell Mozilla about this crash so they can fix it'
IAccessibleObject: <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x754280 at 583df30>
IAccessibleChildID: 0
IAccessible event parameters: windowHandle=263040, objectID=-4,
childID=0
IAccessible accName: u'Tell Mozilla about this crash so they can fix
it'
IAccessible accRole: ROLE_SYSTEM_CHECKBUTTON
IAccessible accState: STATE_SYSTEM_CHECKED, STATE_SYSTEM_FOCUSED,
STATE_SYSTEM_FOCUSABLE, STATE_SYSTEM_VALID (1048596)
IAccessible accDescription: None
IAccessible accValue: None




n






Re: Mozilla fire fox crashes with nvda 2018.3 beta 3

hurrikennyandopo ...
 

Hi


If i use the beta 3 version of nvda it crashes fire fox wheather you
open it in the user guide or from off the desk top.


it does not do it for the alfa or stable version.


Gene nz

On 8/17/2018 10:15 PM, zahra wrote:
hi.
i explaned how to disable multiprocess of firefox.
can you please try it and give me the result?
thanks.

On 8/17/18, hurrikennyandopo ... <hurrikennyandopo@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi guys


I downloaded the nvda 2018.3 beta 3 release made sure every thing was
cleared in the portable version then installed the new 2018.3 beta 3
release into that folder.


The same problem still is there when you go either to open say the user
guide etc through mozilla fire fox you hear a ding then fire fox crashes.


I also thought i would open it normally from the desk top and the same
thing happens it goes to open up then the browser crashes.


The alfa version does not do this and nor does the stable version of
nvda 2018.2.1 it just opens normally.


There is no add ons in nvda for the beta version and i do not think any
ting in mozilla fire fox is doing it either.


has any body got any ideas if i can not get into the browser.


I tried it with google chrome no problems there when opening a web site
only in mozilla fire fox.

It looks as though edge will open correctly as well.


The only ting i have not done is installed the beta over the stable
version not sure if it would fix it or still do the same.


I did post a debug in last night but can open the beta version of nvda
go into those browsers and show that 2 work correctly but not mozilla
fire fox.

Not sure if this would show any more to a developer.


any other ideas to try?



Gene nz

On 8/17/2018 3:48 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
How do you do this.

Multiprocessing is actually a good idea if your system is powerfull
enough.

Waterfox can do it if you check a box.



On 8/17/2018 3:36 PM, zahra wrote:
hi.
i never used beta versions of nvda, but i found a solution for
stopping crashing for newer versions of firefox, (firefox quantum).
the solution is disabling multiprocess in firefox.
if someone wish to do this, because of crashing or slowness of the
system, and someone has not powerful system to handel multiprocess
without problem, let me know and i explane how to disable this
horrible feature of firefox quantum!

On 8/17/18, hurrikennyandopo ... <hurrikennyandopo@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi


If you are referring to nvda in the beta version there is no add
ons. if
it is the browser it is the same add ons that are used with the alfa
and
stable version and it or those versions do not have the problem only
the
beta. It is sorta randam but seems if you use the alfa first then turn
it off then start the beta it will happen then at times.


Gene nz



On 8/16/2018 9:12 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Do you use any add ons?
Try disabling them all and then turn them on one at a time if it fixes
it.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "hurrikennyandopo ..."
<hurrikennyandopo@hotmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2018 9:35 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Mozilla fire fox crashes with nvda 2018.3 beta 2


It seems to happen if i use the alfa snap shot first say to update
then
after i turn it off then check with the beta version it seems to
crash
but not all the time some times it will just give the message no
updates
then you can close it then other times the browser crashes.

this is only with nvda 2018.3 beta 2 not the alfa snap shot.


Gene nz



On 8/16/2018 8:24 PM, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:
Hi guys


I do not get this problem with the alfa snapshot when i go to do the
following. help then check for update.

it will download the alfa snap shot then let me set it up.


when i go to do the same with the nvda 2018.3 beta 2 snap shot it
goes
to open the browser then crashes and then i get the following.


I thought it might of been a corrupted beta etc so totally
removed it
all settings etc then reinstalled it. Even done this with a new
fresh
copy as well.


INFO - __main__ (20:09:35.987):
Starting NVDA
INFO - core.main (20:09:36.563):
Config dir: C:\nvda beta snapshots\userConfig
INFO - config.ConfigManager._loadConfig (20:09:36.565):
Loading config: .\userConfig\nvda.ini
INFO - core.main (20:09:36.717):
NVDA version 2018.3beta2
INFO - core.main (20:09:36.717):
Using Windows version 10.0.17134 workstation
INFO - core.main (20:09:36.719):
Using Python version 2.7.15 (v2.7.15:ca079a3ea3, Apr 30 2018,
16:22:17)
[MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)]
INFO - core.main (20:09:36.719):
Using comtypes version 1.1.3
INFO - synthDriverHandler.setSynth (20:09:38.078):
Loaded synthDriver oneCore
INFO - core.main (20:09:38.079):
Using wx version 3.0.2.0 msw (classic)
INFO - brailleInput.initialize (20:09:38.085):
Braille input initialized
INFO - braille.initialize (20:09:38.085):
Using liblouis version 3.6.0
INFO - braille.BrailleHandler.setDisplayByName (20:09:38.088):
Loaded braille display driver noBraille, current display has 0
cells.
INFO - _UIAHandler.UIAHandler.MTAThreadFunc (20:09:38.415):
UIAutomation: IUIAutomation5
INFO - core.main (20:09:38.915):
NVDA initialized
INFO - updateCheck.AutoUpdateChecker._started (20:09:38.993):
Performing automatic update check
ERROR - virtualBuffers.VirtualBuffer._loadBuffer (20:10:21.470):
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "virtualBuffers\__init__.pyo", line 417, in _loadBuffer
WindowsError: [Error 1726] The remote procedure call failed
ERROR - virtualBuffers.VirtualBuffer._loadBuffer (20:11:19.418):
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "virtualBuffers\__init__.pyo", line 417, in _loadBuffer
WindowsError: [Error 1726] The remote procedure call failed
INFO - globalCommands.GlobalCommands.script_navigatorObject_devInfo
(20:12:05.006):
Developer info for navigator object:
name: u'Tell Mozilla about this crash so they can fix it'
role: ROLE_CHECKBOX
states: STATE_CHECKED, STATE_FOCUSABLE, STATE_FOCUSED
isFocusable: True
hasFocus: True
Python object: <NVDAObjects.IAccessible.IAccessible object at
0x035D3450>
Python class mro: (<class 'NVDAObjects.IAccessible.IAccessible'>,
<class
'NVDAObjects.window.Window'>, <class 'NVDAObjects.NVDAObject'>,
<class
'documentBase.TextContainerObject'>, <class
'baseObject.ScriptableObject'>, <class
'baseObject.AutoPropertyObject'>,
<type 'object'>)
description: None
location: (477, 450, 355, 16)
value: None
appModule: <'appModuleHandler' (appName u'crashreporter', process ID
9028) at address 5872650>
appModule.productName: u'Firefox'
appModule.productVersion: u'61.0.2'
TextInfo: <class 'NVDAObjects.NVDAObjectTextInfo'>
windowHandle: 263040
windowClassName: u'Button'
windowControlID: 1007
windowStyle: 1342242819
windowThreadID: 6616
windowText: u'Tell Mozilla about this crash so they can fix it'
displayText: u'Tell Mozilla about this crash so they can fix it'
IAccessibleObject: <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x754280 at 583df30>
IAccessibleChildID: 0
IAccessible event parameters: windowHandle=263040, objectID=-4,
childID=0
IAccessible accName: u'Tell Mozilla about this crash so they can fix
it'
IAccessible accRole: ROLE_SYSTEM_CHECKBUTTON
IAccessible accState: STATE_SYSTEM_CHECKED, STATE_SYSTEM_FOCUSED,
STATE_SYSTEM_FOCUSABLE, STATE_SYSTEM_VALID (1048596)
IAccessible accDescription: None
IAccessible accValue: None




n








Re: Am Able to Reproduce Issue with Purchasing Kindle Books

Antony Stone
 

I was assuming that's what Brian meant, yes.

Antony.

On Friday 17 August 2018 at 12:41:02, Gene wrote:

What is meant by "virtual kindle?" Is the Kindle app being referred to?

Gene
----- Original Message -----

From: Antony Stone
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2018 4:00 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Am Able to Reproduce Issue with Purchasing Kindle Books


Surely a virtual Kindle can log on to the Amazon cloud storage service just
the same as a physical one can?

All the "send to my Kindle" button does it to put the item into your cloud
storage account, for the eBook device (real or virtual) to download next
time it syncs.

Antony.

On Friday 17 August 2018 at 10:53:43, Brian's Mail list account via
Groups.Io

wrote:
A lot of people only have a virtual Kindle though, so that would not seem
logical, how would it know where to send it. I am hearing this issue
might be wider than just books to the kindle though, even normal
purchases might be affected. My guess is that something is screwed in
the page mark up for landmarks and headings.

Brian

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gene" <gsasner@ripco.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2018 1:03 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Am Able to Reproduce Issue with Purchasing Kindle
Books


I almost never purchase anything from Amazon but there is a button when
you purchase a Kindle version of a book that says somethin like send to
my Kindle. I don't know if this will do what people want. But those
interested can try the button and see what happens.

Gene
----- Original Message -----

From: Abbie Taylor
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2018 6:55 PM
To: NVDA List
Subject: [nvda] Am Able to Reproduce Issue with Purchasing Kindle Books


A while back, someone posted here that they were having trouble
purchasing Kindle books on the Amazon site with NVDA. I just tried to
purchase a book, and I couldn't find either the buy with one click
button or the add to cart button. After trying this with both Firefox
and Chrome with similar results, I called their disability hot line. The
representative I talked to was able to add the book to my cart, and I
was able to purchase it that way. I explained to her that others with
visual impairments who use screen reading software are also having
difficulty, and she said she would pass it along. Will just have to see
what happens.
--
"The tofu battle I saw last weekend was quite brutal."

- Marija Danute Brigita Kuncaitis

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.


Re: Am Able to Reproduce Issue with Purchasing Kindle Books

Gene
 

What is meant by "virtual kindle?" Is the Kindle app being referred to?
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2018 4:00 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Am Able to Reproduce Issue with Purchasing Kindle Books

Surely a virtual Kindle can log on to the Amazon cloud storage service just
the same as a physical one can?

All the "send to my Kindle" button does it to put the item into your cloud
storage account, for the eBook device (real or virtual) to download next time
it syncs.

Antony.

On Friday 17 August 2018 at 10:53:43, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
wrote:

> A lot of people only have a virtual Kindle though, so that would not seem
> logical, how would it know where to send it. I am hearing this issue might
> be wider than just books to the kindle though, even normal purchases might
> be affected. My guess is that something is screwed in the page mark up for
> landmarks and headings.
>  Brian
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Gene" <gsasner@...>
> To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
> Sent: Friday, August 17, 2018 1:03 AM
> Subject: Re: [nvda] Am Able to Reproduce Issue with Purchasing Kindle Books
>
>
> I almost never purchase anything from Amazon but there is a button when you
> purchase a Kindle version of a book that says somethin like send to my
> Kindle.  I don't know if this will do what people want.  But those
> interested can try the button and see what happens.
>
> Gene
> ----- Original Message -----
>
> From: Abbie Taylor
> Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2018 6:55 PM
> To: NVDA List
> Subject: [nvda] Am Able to Reproduce Issue with Purchasing Kindle Books
>
>
> A while back, someone posted here that they were having trouble
> purchasing Kindle books on the Amazon site with NVDA. I just tried to
> purchase a book, and I couldn't find either the buy with one click
> button or the add to cart button. After trying this with both Firefox
> and Chrome with similar results, I called their disability hot line. The
> representative I talked to was able to add the book to my cart, and I
> was able to purchase it that way. I explained to her that others with
> visual impairments who use screen reading software are also having
> difficulty, and she said she would pass it along. Will just have to see
> what happens.

--
#define SIX 1+5
#define NINE 8+1

int main() {
    printf("%d\n", SIX * NINE);
}
- thanks to ECB for bringing this to my attention

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.



Re: Am Able to Reproduce Issue with Purchasing Kindle Books

Gene
 

It would appear to be a problem with the page.  I didn't know if the system had been changed so you had to use the button but at the same time, I didn't see how such a change would accommodate those who don't have physical Kindles.  I tried looking up a print book and I did see an add to cart button.  As I said, I almost never purchase from Amazon so those who do may comment further.  At this point, the problem could be more general or not. 
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2018 3:53 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Am Able to Reproduce Issue with Purchasing Kindle Books

A lot of people only have a virtual Kindle though, so that would not seem
logical, how would it know where to send it. I am hearing this issue might
be wider than just books to the kindle though, even normal purchases might
be affected. My guess is that something is screwed in the page mark up for
landmarks and headings.
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Gene" <gsasner@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2018 1:03 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Am Able to Reproduce Issue with Purchasing Kindle Books


I almost never purchase anything from Amazon but there is a button when you
purchase a Kindle version of a book that says somethin like send to my
Kindle.  I don't know if this will do what people want.  But those
interested can try the button and see what happens.

Gene
----- Original Message -----

From: Abbie Taylor
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2018 6:55 PM
To: NVDA List
Subject: [nvda] Am Able to Reproduce Issue with Purchasing Kindle Books


A while back, someone posted here that they were having trouble
purchasing Kindle books on the Amazon site with NVDA. I just tried to
purchase a book, and I couldn't find either the buy with one click
button or the add to cart button. After trying this with both Firefox
and Chrome with similar results, I called their disability hot line. The
representative I talked to was able to add the book to my cart, and I
was able to purchase it that way. I explained to her that others with
visual impairments who use screen reading software are also having
difficulty, and she said she would pass it along. Will just have to see
what happens.


--
Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author http://abbiescorner.wordpress.com
http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com abbietaylor945@... Order my new
memoir at http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com/memoir.htm


--
Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author
http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com
http://abbiescorner.wordpress.com
abbietaylor945@...









Re: Mozilla fire fox crashes with nvda 2018.3 beta 3

 

hi.
i explaned how to disable multiprocess of firefox.
can you please try it and give me the result?
thanks.

On 8/17/18, hurrikennyandopo ... <hurrikennyandopo@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi guys


I downloaded the nvda 2018.3 beta 3 release made sure every thing was
cleared in the portable version then installed the new 2018.3 beta 3
release into that folder.


The same problem still is there when you go either to open say the user
guide etc through mozilla fire fox you hear a ding then fire fox crashes.


I also thought i would open it normally from the desk top and the same
thing happens it goes to open up then the browser crashes.


The alfa version does not do this and nor does the stable version of
nvda 2018.2.1 it just opens normally.


There is no add ons in nvda for the beta version and i do not think any
ting in mozilla fire fox is doing it either.


has any body got any ideas if i can not get into the browser.


I tried it with google chrome no problems there when opening a web site
only in mozilla fire fox.

It looks as though edge will open correctly as well.


The only ting i have not done is installed the beta over the stable
version not sure if it would fix it or still do the same.


I did post a debug in last night but can open the beta version of nvda
go into those browsers and show that 2 work correctly but not mozilla
fire fox.

Not sure if this would show any more to a developer.


any other ideas to try?



Gene nz

On 8/17/2018 3:48 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
How do you do this.

Multiprocessing is actually a good idea if your system is powerfull
enough.

Waterfox can do it if you check a box.



On 8/17/2018 3:36 PM, zahra wrote:
hi.
i never used beta versions of nvda, but i found a solution for
stopping crashing for newer versions of firefox, (firefox quantum).
the solution is disabling multiprocess in firefox.
if someone wish to do this, because of crashing or slowness of the
system, and someone has not powerful system to handel multiprocess
without problem, let me know and i explane how to disable this
horrible feature of firefox quantum!

On 8/17/18, hurrikennyandopo ... <hurrikennyandopo@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi


If you are referring to nvda in the beta version there is no add
ons. if
it is the browser it is the same add ons that are used with the alfa
and
stable version and it or those versions do not have the problem only
the
beta. It is sorta randam but seems if you use the alfa first then turn
it off then start the beta it will happen then at times.


Gene nz



On 8/16/2018 9:12 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Do you use any add ons?
Try disabling them all and then turn them on one at a time if it fixes
it.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "hurrikennyandopo ..."
<hurrikennyandopo@hotmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2018 9:35 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Mozilla fire fox crashes with nvda 2018.3 beta 2


It seems to happen if i use the alfa snap shot first say to update
then
after i turn it off then check with the beta version it seems to
crash
but not all the time some times it will just give the message no
updates
then you can close it then other times the browser crashes.

this is only with nvda 2018.3 beta 2 not the alfa snap shot.


Gene nz



On 8/16/2018 8:24 PM, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:
Hi guys


I do not get this problem with the alfa snapshot when i go to do the
following. help then check for update.

it will download the alfa snap shot then let me set it up.


when i go to do the same with the nvda 2018.3 beta 2 snap shot it
goes
to open the browser then crashes and then i get the following.


I thought it might of been a corrupted beta etc so totally
removed it
all settings etc then reinstalled it. Even done this with a new
fresh
copy as well.


INFO - __main__ (20:09:35.987):
Starting NVDA
INFO - core.main (20:09:36.563):
Config dir: C:\nvda beta snapshots\userConfig
INFO - config.ConfigManager._loadConfig (20:09:36.565):
Loading config: .\userConfig\nvda.ini
INFO - core.main (20:09:36.717):
NVDA version 2018.3beta2
INFO - core.main (20:09:36.717):
Using Windows version 10.0.17134 workstation
INFO - core.main (20:09:36.719):
Using Python version 2.7.15 (v2.7.15:ca079a3ea3, Apr 30 2018,
16:22:17)
[MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)]
INFO - core.main (20:09:36.719):
Using comtypes version 1.1.3
INFO - synthDriverHandler.setSynth (20:09:38.078):
Loaded synthDriver oneCore
INFO - core.main (20:09:38.079):
Using wx version 3.0.2.0 msw (classic)
INFO - brailleInput.initialize (20:09:38.085):
Braille input initialized
INFO - braille.initialize (20:09:38.085):
Using liblouis version 3.6.0
INFO - braille.BrailleHandler.setDisplayByName (20:09:38.088):
Loaded braille display driver noBraille, current display has 0
cells.
INFO - _UIAHandler.UIAHandler.MTAThreadFunc (20:09:38.415):
UIAutomation: IUIAutomation5
INFO - core.main (20:09:38.915):
NVDA initialized
INFO - updateCheck.AutoUpdateChecker._started (20:09:38.993):
Performing automatic update check
ERROR - virtualBuffers.VirtualBuffer._loadBuffer (20:10:21.470):
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "virtualBuffers\__init__.pyo", line 417, in _loadBuffer
WindowsError: [Error 1726] The remote procedure call failed
ERROR - virtualBuffers.VirtualBuffer._loadBuffer (20:11:19.418):
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "virtualBuffers\__init__.pyo", line 417, in _loadBuffer
WindowsError: [Error 1726] The remote procedure call failed
INFO - globalCommands.GlobalCommands.script_navigatorObject_devInfo
(20:12:05.006):
Developer info for navigator object:
name: u'Tell Mozilla about this crash so they can fix it'
role: ROLE_CHECKBOX
states: STATE_CHECKED, STATE_FOCUSABLE, STATE_FOCUSED
isFocusable: True
hasFocus: True
Python object: <NVDAObjects.IAccessible.IAccessible object at
0x035D3450>
Python class mro: (<class 'NVDAObjects.IAccessible.IAccessible'>,
<class
'NVDAObjects.window.Window'>, <class 'NVDAObjects.NVDAObject'>,
<class
'documentBase.TextContainerObject'>, <class
'baseObject.ScriptableObject'>, <class
'baseObject.AutoPropertyObject'>,
<type 'object'>)
description: None
location: (477, 450, 355, 16)
value: None
appModule: <'appModuleHandler' (appName u'crashreporter', process ID
9028) at address 5872650>
appModule.productName: u'Firefox'
appModule.productVersion: u'61.0.2'
TextInfo: <class 'NVDAObjects.NVDAObjectTextInfo'>
windowHandle: 263040
windowClassName: u'Button'
windowControlID: 1007
windowStyle: 1342242819
windowThreadID: 6616
windowText: u'Tell Mozilla about this crash so they can fix it'
displayText: u'Tell Mozilla about this crash so they can fix it'
IAccessibleObject: <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x754280 at 583df30>
IAccessibleChildID: 0
IAccessible event parameters: windowHandle=263040, objectID=-4,
childID=0
IAccessible accName: u'Tell Mozilla about this crash so they can fix
it'
IAccessible accRole: ROLE_SYSTEM_CHECKBUTTON
IAccessible accState: STATE_SYSTEM_CHECKED, STATE_SYSTEM_FOCUSED,
STATE_SYSTEM_FOCUSABLE, STATE_SYSTEM_VALID (1048596)
IAccessible accDescription: None
IAccessible accValue: None




n












--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali


Re: One new add-on, one updated add-on: Input Lock 1.4 (new), Add-on Updater (proof of concept updated) #addonrelease

Clare Page <clare.page@...>
 

Hi!

I am pleased to report that, after I installed the latest snapshot of the Add-On Updater, the settings for this add-on appear in my NVDA preferences again, and I can also check for add-on updates manually from the Tools menu as I did before that option temporarily disappeared.

Many thanks for your work on this excellent add-on, Joseph! And thanks to all add-on developers for their work to make NVDA do even more than it can on its own.

Bye for now!

From Clare

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Joseph Lee
Sent: jeudi 16 août 2018 19:00
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] One new add-on, one updated add-on: Input Lock 1.4 (new), Add-on Updater (proof of concept updated) #AddonRelease

 

Hi all,

 

Please join me in welcoming one new add-on and one updated add-on to the stage:

 

  • Input Lock (new by Jose Manuel Delicado): lock keyboards, mouse and touchscreens from accidental input. Add-ons website entry: https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/inputLock.en.html
  • Add-on Updater (proof of concept updated): August 16th snapshot attempts at detecting end of file error as reported by some users, also adds Input Lock to list of add-ons eligible for update checks. Also, for those using latest NVDA alpha snapshots, this add-on will try to use checkable list box control that ships with NVDA.

 

Cheers,

Joseph


Re: Mozilla fire fox crashes with nvda 2018.3 beta 2

 

hi all.
in the address bar of firefox, type about:config
then confirm the message that requests you that you should continue
only if you are careful and aware of what you are doing.
then in the searchbar of about:config
just type autostart and press tab to see the results.
then find the item browser.tabs.remote.autostart and press enter on it
to make it false.
then restart firefox and firefox works for you like none quantum
versions of firefox very fast and responsive without crashing in using
with nvda!
i tried it with windows seven and firefox 61
hope that helps you, God bless you!

On 8/17/18, Bobby Vinton <vinton.bobby5277@gmail.com> wrote:
Well can you please let me know because I only have 3 gigs of ram and a
120 ssd drive

On 8/17/2018 12:29 AM, The Wolf wrote:
how can I turn off the multi process feature?


On 8/16/2018 8:36 PM, zahra wrote:
hi.
i never used beta versions of nvda, but i found a solution for
stopping crashing for newer versions of firefox, (firefox quantum).
the solution is disabling multiprocess in firefox.
if someone wish to do this, because of crashing or slowness of the
system, and someone has not powerful system to handel multiprocess
without problem, let me know and i explane how to disable this
horrible feature of firefox quantum!

On 8/17/18, hurrikennyandopo ... <hurrikennyandopo@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi


If you are referring to nvda in the beta version there is no add
ons. if
it is the browser it is the same add ons that are used with the alfa
and
stable version and it or those versions do not have the problem only
the
beta. It is sorta randam but seems if you use the alfa first then turn
it off then start the beta it will happen then at times.


Gene nz



On 8/16/2018 9:12 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Do you use any add ons?
Try disabling them all and then turn them on one at a time if it fixes
it.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "hurrikennyandopo ..."
<hurrikennyandopo@hotmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2018 9:35 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Mozilla fire fox crashes with nvda 2018.3 beta 2


It seems to happen if i use the alfa snap shot first say to update
then
after i turn it off then check with the beta version it seems to
crash
but not all the time some times it will just give the message no
updates
then you can close it then other times the browser crashes.

this is only with nvda 2018.3 beta 2 not the alfa snap shot.


Gene nz



On 8/16/2018 8:24 PM, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:
Hi guys


I do not get this problem with the alfa snapshot when i go to do the
following. help then check for update.

it will download the alfa snap shot then let me set it up.


when i go to do the same with the nvda 2018.3 beta 2 snap shot it
goes
to open the browser then crashes and then i get the following.


I thought it might of been a corrupted beta etc so totally
removed it
all settings etc then reinstalled it. Even done this with a new
fresh
copy as well.


INFO - __main__ (20:09:35.987):
Starting NVDA
INFO - core.main (20:09:36.563):
Config dir: C:\nvda beta snapshots\userConfig
INFO - config.ConfigManager._loadConfig (20:09:36.565):
Loading config: .\userConfig\nvda.ini
INFO - core.main (20:09:36.717):
NVDA version 2018.3beta2
INFO - core.main (20:09:36.717):
Using Windows version 10.0.17134 workstation
INFO - core.main (20:09:36.719):
Using Python version 2.7.15 (v2.7.15:ca079a3ea3, Apr 30 2018,
16:22:17)
[MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)]
INFO - core.main (20:09:36.719):
Using comtypes version 1.1.3
INFO - synthDriverHandler.setSynth (20:09:38.078):
Loaded synthDriver oneCore
INFO - core.main (20:09:38.079):
Using wx version 3.0.2.0 msw (classic)
INFO - brailleInput.initialize (20:09:38.085):
Braille input initialized
INFO - braille.initialize (20:09:38.085):
Using liblouis version 3.6.0
INFO - braille.BrailleHandler.setDisplayByName (20:09:38.088):
Loaded braille display driver noBraille, current display has 0
cells.
INFO - _UIAHandler.UIAHandler.MTAThreadFunc (20:09:38.415):
UIAutomation: IUIAutomation5
INFO - core.main (20:09:38.915):
NVDA initialized
INFO - updateCheck.AutoUpdateChecker._started (20:09:38.993):
Performing automatic update check
ERROR - virtualBuffers.VirtualBuffer._loadBuffer (20:10:21.470):
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "virtualBuffers\__init__.pyo", line 417, in _loadBuffer
WindowsError: [Error 1726] The remote procedure call failed
ERROR - virtualBuffers.VirtualBuffer._loadBuffer (20:11:19.418):
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "virtualBuffers\__init__.pyo", line 417, in _loadBuffer
WindowsError: [Error 1726] The remote procedure call failed
INFO - globalCommands.GlobalCommands.script_navigatorObject_devInfo
(20:12:05.006):
Developer info for navigator object:
name: u'Tell Mozilla about this crash so they can fix it'
role: ROLE_CHECKBOX
states: STATE_CHECKED, STATE_FOCUSABLE, STATE_FOCUSED
isFocusable: True
hasFocus: True
Python object: <NVDAObjects.IAccessible.IAccessible object at
0x035D3450>
Python class mro: (<class 'NVDAObjects.IAccessible.IAccessible'>,
<class
'NVDAObjects.window.Window'>, <class 'NVDAObjects.NVDAObject'>,
<class
'documentBase.TextContainerObject'>, <class
'baseObject.ScriptableObject'>, <class
'baseObject.AutoPropertyObject'>,
<type 'object'>)
description: None
location: (477, 450, 355, 16)
value: None
appModule: <'appModuleHandler' (appName u'crashreporter', process ID
9028) at address 5872650>
appModule.productName: u'Firefox'
appModule.productVersion: u'61.0.2'
TextInfo: <class 'NVDAObjects.NVDAObjectTextInfo'>
windowHandle: 263040
windowClassName: u'Button'
windowControlID: 1007
windowStyle: 1342242819
windowThreadID: 6616
windowText: u'Tell Mozilla about this crash so they can fix it'
displayText: u'Tell Mozilla about this crash so they can fix it'
IAccessibleObject: <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x754280 at 583df30>
IAccessibleChildID: 0
IAccessible event parameters: windowHandle=263040, objectID=-4,
childID=0
IAccessible accName: u'Tell Mozilla about this crash so they can fix
it'
IAccessible accRole: ROLE_SYSTEM_CHECKBUTTON
IAccessible accState: STATE_SYSTEM_CHECKED, STATE_SYSTEM_FOCUSED,
STATE_SYSTEM_FOCUSABLE, STATE_SYSTEM_VALID (1048596)
IAccessible accDescription: None
IAccessible accValue: None




n










--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali


The error sound

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

"C:\Program Files (x86)\NVDA\waves\error.wav"

This is where the error file sound is in an installed version of nvda.
it is relatively easy to rename this file to, say error1.wav and add your own file here as error.wav.
Indeed you can use a sound editor to make it quieter then copy it back if you like. However, keep a copy of your altered error.wav as every time you update the snapshot it will put it back to default.
So go ahead, the world is your lobster!
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.


Re: nvda_snapshot_alpha or beta

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

The point is though, if you use snaps, then you need to ask yourselves why? Ideally to find problems and report them.
if this is not what you want to do then fine, use the stable. if on the other hand you do need a new feature now, I'm sure one might be able to find a work around for the ding, but I tend to just ignore it if its in a context I've had for ages and reported already, and its been declared benign.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kwork" <istherelife@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2018 5:23 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] nvda_snapshot_alpha or beta


That ding drives me crazy, and is actually a reason I quit using betas. Having to wait just a bit longer for a new or fixed feature for me is a fair trade off for not having to deal with unquenchable dings. If there was an on/off checkbox, that would become moot. Personal preference only
Travis
----- Original Message -----
From: Quentin Christensen
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2018 8:04 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] nvda_snapshot_alpha or beta


Hi Don,


As Joseph mentioned, the "ding" indicates that NVDA encountered an error which it wrote to its log. It doesn't necessarily mean that you can't do whatever you were trying to do - often NVDA itself hits the error, then used a workaround, so from a user point of view, everything may still work normally. The only difference is that in the alpha and beta builds, you get a ding, whereas in the stable release you don't and the error just writes quietly to the log.


The idea is that developers can use it to find when errors are being generated when they are working on something.


There is currently no setting to disable this, however if you are encountering a particular error that you can share how to replicate, do please report it so that we can endeavour to resolve it.


Kind regards


Quentin.


On Fri, Aug 17, 2018 at 12:17 PM, Don H <lmddh50@adams.net> wrote:

Don't know when there is a bug in the alpha or beta versions of NVDA. When running either the Alpha or Beta versions I get a lot of error dings as I call them when browsing using Google Chrome. For example every time i get to a edit box I get the error ding. Sometimes just opening a web site gives me a ding. Is there some reasoning behind such dings?










--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager


Official NVDA Training modules and expert certification now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/


www.nvaccess.org

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess


Re: nvda_snapshot_alpha or beta

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

What about shoving a silent wav into the folder called the error.wav?
Ok not a good idea as you really do want to report errors, but I was just mentioning a possible work around. In the dev list the other day, in response to Micks question about errors in edit boxes I published some log fragments showing the errors generated in the beta branch during explorer file search. I have seen no reply, but since nothing bad actually happened I'd suggest that the errors are mostly benign, but could be a good way to track down some based on them which might be more serious.


I think people should perhaps think this way.
Did these errors cause a real issue?
If yes then go to gather and start a new issue. If its just another version of an existing one, somebody will come along and see that and probably add it to the old issue and close the new one.
If it does not give any problems to the usage, then it can be just ignored. it can as the poster said, though be annoying if every keystroke generates the noise.
This also happens in Word sometimes, mainly spellchecking, but the error is quite obviously merely the triggering of the error that does not matter at all.
If you really do want to help find bugs then you do need to live with errors. maybe the error sound could be a little quieter?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joseph Lee" <joseph.lee22590@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2018 3:18 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] nvda_snapshot_alpha or beta


Hi,
This "ding" sound indicates an error that NVDA has encountered. You can't really turn this off in development snapshots (alpha and beta).
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Don H
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2018 7:17 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] nvda_snapshot_alpha or beta

Don't know when there is a bug in the alpha or beta versions of NVDA.
When running either the Alpha or Beta versions I get a lot of error dings as I call them when browsing using Google Chrome. For example every time i get to a edit box I get the error ding. Sometimes just opening a web site gives me a ding. Is there some reasoning behind such dings?


Re: Am Able to Reproduce Issue with Purchasing Kindle Books

Antony Stone
 

Surely a virtual Kindle can log on to the Amazon cloud storage service just
the same as a physical one can?

All the "send to my Kindle" button does it to put the item into your cloud
storage account, for the eBook device (real or virtual) to download next time
it syncs.

Antony.

On Friday 17 August 2018 at 10:53:43, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
wrote:

A lot of people only have a virtual Kindle though, so that would not seem
logical, how would it know where to send it. I am hearing this issue might
be wider than just books to the kindle though, even normal purchases might
be affected. My guess is that something is screwed in the page mark up for
landmarks and headings.
Brian

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gene" <gsasner@ripco.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2018 1:03 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Am Able to Reproduce Issue with Purchasing Kindle Books


I almost never purchase anything from Amazon but there is a button when you
purchase a Kindle version of a book that says somethin like send to my
Kindle. I don't know if this will do what people want. But those
interested can try the button and see what happens.

Gene
----- Original Message -----

From: Abbie Taylor
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2018 6:55 PM
To: NVDA List
Subject: [nvda] Am Able to Reproduce Issue with Purchasing Kindle Books


A while back, someone posted here that they were having trouble
purchasing Kindle books on the Amazon site with NVDA. I just tried to
purchase a book, and I couldn't find either the buy with one click
button or the add to cart button. After trying this with both Firefox
and Chrome with similar results, I called their disability hot line. The
representative I talked to was able to add the book to my cart, and I
was able to purchase it that way. I explained to her that others with
visual impairments who use screen reading software are also having
difficulty, and she said she would pass it along. Will just have to see
what happens.
--
#define SIX 1+5
#define NINE 8+1

int main() {
printf("%d\n", SIX * NINE);
}
- thanks to ECB for bringing this to my attention

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.