Date   

Re: subject keeps repeating when I hit enter on a message in thunderbird

Rosemarie Chavarria
 

I have thunderbird set to a new tab and it's working great now.

On 2/23/2019 11:42 AM, Travis Siegel wrote:
I really think this has to do with cpu usage, not anything to do with thunderbird itself.  I don't have this problem 99 percent of the time.  I have my messages opening in a separate tab, and when I press enter on a message, it opens a new tab, reads the message just fine with no repeating, and I can then press control-W to close the message, delete to remove it, or use my arrow keys to move to a web link if needed so I can click on it to open the page in chrome.

Very occasionally I get repeating, and it's almost always when my machine is doing other things and eating a lot of CPU.  Otherwise, there is no repeating of anything for me, and never has been with any version of thunderbird I've used.

On 2/22/2019 11:50 PM, Tyler Spivey wrote:
No. you'll just have to get used to it. This is part of the efficiency loss of being blind. I get it four times.
You can avoid it somewhat by starting to navigate as soon as it starts to read.

On 2/22/2019 8:23 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:
Hi, everyone,


I have thunderbird set to open messages in a new tab but when I hit enter on a message, the subject keeps repeating before the message is read out. Isthere a setting I might need to change in thunderbird?


Thanks in advance.


Rosemarie










Re: subject keeps repeating when I hit enter on a message in thunderbird

Rosemarie Chavarria
 

Oh wow. I'll give that a shot.



On 2/23/2019 11:46 AM, Travis Siegel wrote:

No helping is necessary in thunderbird.  I press enter on a message, it opens, reads the message with no intervention from me, and I can then delete the message, and it moves on to the next one.  I don't have to remove my finger from the delete button for most of my messages, and the only time I do move my finger is when I want to keep a message, I then press control-w to close the message, arrow down to go to the next one, and press enter and start the process again.  No repeating, no manual intervnetion, and no need to stop reading or start reading of any kind, it's all automatic, and it only reads what it should.

On 2/23/2019 3:27 AM, Gene wrote:
I don't know what you mean by starting to navigate.  Just issue the read to end command.  the same when doing a search in a browser using the screen-reader search.  If you issue read current line immediately when you hear speech after initiating a search, the extraneous material will stop being read and the intended material will be heard. 
 
You have to help screen-readers along at times, given the complex environments in which they work and their complexity and given that they are working in a visually oriented interface.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: Tyler Spivey
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2019 10:50 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] subject keeps repeating when I hit enter on a message in thunderbird

No. you'll just have to get used to it. This is part of the efficiency
loss of being blind. I get it four times.
You can avoid it somewhat by starting to navigate as soon as it starts
to read.

On 2/22/2019 8:23 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:
> Hi, everyone,
>
>
> I have thunderbird set to open messages in a new tab but when I hit
> enter on a message, the subject keeps repeating before the message is
> read out. Isthere a setting I might need to change in thunderbird?
>
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
>
> Rosemarie
>
>
>
>
>
>




Virus-free. www.avast.com


Re: subject keeps repeating when I hit enter on a message in thunderbird

Rosemarie Chavarria
 

The subject isn't repeating anymore. I have thunderbird set to a new tab and it's working fine now.

On 2/23/2019 2:06 PM, Kevin Cussick via Groups.Io wrote:
Just hit up arrow once and it should just read.

On 23/02/2019 06:12, Annette Moore wrote:
yay! Glad the subject isn't repeating like a broken record for you now. (Grin).

Annette

On 2/22/2019 11:53 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

I have it set to a new tab and now the subject line isn't repeating anymore. I did turn off the message pane and that might have helped.



On 2/22/2019 9:23 PM, Annette Moore wrote:

Ok, when I opened a message in a new window, it did repeat the subject here about three times. Opening the message in a new tab didn't have that result.

Annette

On 2/22/2019 11:15 PM, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:

Hi


No


In my case i use thunder bird and open it in a new window as soon as it opens so it does not repeat the subject line i use the desktop command nvda key + down arrow key for it to start reading the email.  So it is not repeated. If i remember right the command for a lap top user is nvda key + a? I would have to check.

Gene nz


On 23/02/2019 5:23 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:
Hi, everyone,


I have thunderbird set to open messages in a new tab but when I hit enter on a message, the subject keeps repeating before the message is read out. Isthere a setting I might need to change in thunderbird?


Thanks in advance.


Rosemarie





--
Image NVDA certified expert
Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net

Regardless of where you are in New Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can use a copy of the NVDA screen reader on one of their computers. To find out which location (or locations) are nearest to you please visit http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries (Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa). To find out which software is installed on the APNK network please visit the following linkhttp://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.info/faq/software To find out how to use NVDA on APNK computers please visit the following linkhttp://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.info/faq/nvda

To find out which software is available on the Christchurch City Library network, and how to start the NVDA screen reader, please go to the following links. Software available https://my.christchurchcitylibraries.com/faq/computers/#faq_5884How to start the NVDA screen reader on Christchurch City Library computers https://my.christchurchcitylibraries.com/faqs/what-screen-reader-software-is-available/

To find an NVDA certified expert near you, please visit the following link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The certification page contains the official list of NVDA certified individuals from around the world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert exam.


Emailing: NVDA Excel losing focus.log

Cearbhall O'Meadhra
 

Quentin,

I wonder if you can help me with this problem?

I am running Windows 10, Office 365, and the latest NVDA. I am working on an
Excel worksheet where I have three panels of data that must correlate in
various ways. One of the tasks is to compare the contents of cells in
columns "K", "Z" and "AK for the same row.

When I press F5 to go to, say, K19, NVDA echoes the contents of the cell
perfectly and I can review the data under the numpad key 5 .
I then press F5 again and type in AK19 and press enter to reach that cell.
NVDA does not call out the contents of the cell but focusses on the top of
the screen and will not be moved for love or money!
I then press alt+tab to swap out of Excel elsewhere and press alt+tab again
to get back into excel. Now NVDA reports the contents of the cell and I can
review the contents under the numpad 5 key.
Pressing F5 again, brings me back to the K19 cell and this time NVDA does
not focus on the cell and so I must switch away and back again with alt+tab
to read the cell contents.

This is the repeated pattern. Occasionally, NVDA does echo the target cell
on landing but more often than not, it does not do so.

I have attached the log file but all I can see in it are errors and no sign
of my keystrokes.

I tried these steps with JAWS and each cell is echoed perfectly. I take it,
then, that Windows is working perfectly.
Is this a known bug in NVDA?
Is there an options setting that I should set?

All advice welcome!

All the best,

Cearbhall

m +353 (0)833323487 Ph: _353 (0)1-2864623 e: cearbhall.omeadhra@blbc.ie


Re: research study from Microsoft India

Sile
 

Hi


Yes, this is legit - I have a student who knows this team,


--Sile

On 2/23/2019 2:43 PM, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:
Hi


How can you tell if it is legit as in it is a real study by the real people?


I have not checked out the documentation etc but some one else asked the question on another list.


Gene nz

?

On 24/02/2019 3:37 AM, Adriani Botez wrote:
Hello all,

I got this Info on Fb. It seems to be a very interesting study.

Best
Adriani


Seeking your participation for a study “Understanding computational journeys of people with visual impairments” conducted by Microsoft Research India Dear all, I am a research fellow at Microsoft Research India. I am part of a research group that aims to create the right tools, technologies and support for children with visual impairment to pursue computing as a career. We are aware that there are numerous challenges in pursuing such a path. In order to move forward we want to understand the unique experiences of individuals like you who have managed to overcome these barriers and to extract best practices based on such experiences. This study is divided into two parts, the first part captures your background through a survey (20-30 mins), while the second part delves into the depth of your experiences of your computational journey through an online/offline semi-structured interview (45-60 mins). Based on the response to your survey and interest to participate in the second part of the study, the research team will contact you after completion of the first part. Upon full completion of the second part of the study i.e. the online/offline interviews, you will receive an Amazon gift card of 25 US Dollars as a token of appreciation for your time and effort. Additionally, if the interviews are conducted offline (at place of your convenience), accommodation and travel will be arranged by Microsoft or will be reimbursed. We invite you to participate in the first part of the study by taking part in an online survey. We are excited to hear your story so that we can better design solutions to create opportunities for many others to follow your path. Before you give consent for your participation in the study, please carefully go through the consent form attached with this email. Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iiEzp01iqHsIcPFZFMQmDK60aQI2cwIj/view?usp=sharing In case you have any questions about the consent form, please email Vidhya Y, at t-vidy@microsoft.com<mailto:t-vidy@microsoft.com>. Should you have any questions concerning the project, please contact Manohar Swaminathan (swmanoh@microsoft.com<mailto:swmanoh@microsoft.com>). To convey your consent to participate in this study, please fill inn your name in the consent form and send it to Vidya Y via email. Once we receive your consent, link to the survey will be sent out via email. We have made sure that the survey form is accessible for screen readers. We also request you to kindly share this email with your contacts who are in the computing field(includes all fields involving the usage of computers for work/study) and have visual impairment. Thank you for your time. Warm regards, Vidhya Research Fellow, Microsoft Research India Bangalore, India

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

--
[Image NVDA certified expert]
Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net

Regardless of where you are in New Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can use a copy of the NVDA screen reader on one of their computers. To find out which location (or locations) are nearest to you please visit http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries (Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa). To find out which software is installed on the APNK network please visit the following link http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.info/faq/software To find out how to use NVDA on APNK computers please visit the following link http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.info/faq/nvda

To find out which software is available on the Christchurch City Library network, and how to start the NVDA screen reader, please go to the following links. Software available https://my.christchurchcitylibraries.com/faq/computers/#faq_5884 How to start the NVDA screen reader on Christchurch City Library computers https://my.christchurchcitylibraries.com/faqs/what-screen-reader-software-is-available/

To find an NVDA certified expert near you, please visit the following link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The certification page contains the official list of NVDA certified individuals from around the world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert exam.



Re: subject keeps repeating when I hit enter on a message in thunderbird

Kevin Cussick
 

Just hit up arrow once and it should just read.

On 23/02/2019 06:12, Annette Moore wrote:
yay! Glad the subject isn't repeating like a broken record for you now. (Grin).
Annette
On 2/22/2019 11:53 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

I have it set to a new tab and now the subject line isn't repeating anymore. I did turn off the message pane and that might have helped.



On 2/22/2019 9:23 PM, Annette Moore wrote:

Ok, when I opened a message in a new window, it did repeat the subject here about three times. Opening the message in a new tab didn't have that result.

Annette

On 2/22/2019 11:15 PM, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:

Hi


No


In my case i use thunder bird and open it in a new window as soon as it opens so it does not repeat the subject line i use the desktop command nvda key + down arrow key for it to start reading the email.  So it is not repeated. If i remember right the command for a lap top user is nvda key + a? I would have to check.

Gene nz


On 23/02/2019 5:23 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:
Hi, everyone,


I have thunderbird set to open messages in a new tab but when I hit enter on a message, the subject keeps repeating before the message is read out. Isthere a setting I might need to change in thunderbird?


Thanks in advance.


Rosemarie





--
Image NVDA certified expert
Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net

Regardless of where you are in New Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can use a copy of the NVDA screen reader on one of their computers. To find out which location (or locations) are nearest to you please visit http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries (Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa). To find out which software is installed on the APNK network please visit the following linkhttp://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.info/faq/software To find out how to use NVDA on APNK computers please visit the following linkhttp://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.info/faq/nvda

To find out which software is available on the Christchurch City Library network, and how to start the NVDA screen reader, please go to the following links. Software available https://my.christchurchcitylibraries.com/faq/computers/#faq_5884How to start the NVDA screen reader on Christchurch City Library computers https://my.christchurchcitylibraries.com/faqs/what-screen-reader-software-is-available/

To find an NVDA certified expert near you, please visit the following link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The certification page contains the official list of NVDA certified individuals from around the world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert exam.


Re: Dragon UI hanging with NVDA

Sarah k Alawami
 

Good good, at least progress is being made finally in regard to that.

Take care

On 23 Feb 2019, at 13:18, rwlord@... wrote:

Yes, I have an open case with Nuance Support. I will update the group with their response, if any.


Re: Telegram

Sarah k Alawami
 

Well, that, and no one I know of in the usa uses telegram anyway. so for me I'm not missing out. What's app for me, my family and my usa and canada peoples are more popular.

Take care

On 23 Feb 2019, at 11:38, Tyler Wood wrote:

Hi,

Missing out, then.


That's like saying you won't buy an app on a computer because it's not in the windows or mac app store. It is just sillyness.


I wish more apps did that. Google and apple love to snatch money away from developers.


On 2019-02-23 10:24 a.m., Sarah k Alawami wrote:

I will never use that program because you don't buy it from the the play store, hence I don't trust the devs. They did give a reason as to why they cannot put it in the play store but I have now forgotten it.

Take care

On 23 Feb 2019, at 4:58, Mallard wrote:

Hello there,


Yes, I use Telelight in Android, which is a great app developed by people at the University of Tabriz, in Iran.


I'll never be grateful enough to those devs for giving such a great solution, while the devs of the actual Telegram app treated our requests for accessibility with contempt, to say the least...


They actually replied to me using very strong language when I first contacted them at the end of 2013, when the app had just been released... Never seen anything like that!


The website is ok with NVDA as well, as far as I could see, but I haven't gone into that too much, having a very good solution on my phone.


Ciao,

Ollie




Il 23/02/2019 08:12, Kwork ha scritto:

Thank you very much!

That seems to work. Better than the desktop application anyway. 😊

Travis

On 2/22/2019 10:47 PM, Tyler Wood wrote:

Hi,

The website is.

web.telegram.org


On Android, if you use that, there is an app called Teleight that is also 100% accessible.


hope that helps


On 2019-02-22 11:19 p.m., Kwork wrote:

I've been hearing about a social platform called Telegram. Has anyone used it here, and is it at all accessible with NVDA? Thanks.

Travis




Re: no pop up announcements

 

Possibly. We'll need to wait for him to get back with the answer :)
By the way, hey Robert, tell us. What's the end of the story?
Em 23/02/2019 12:30, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io escreveu:

Has he left screen navigation on rather than global?
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "marcio via Groups.Io" <marcinhorj21@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2019 11:41 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] no pop up announcements


On my side I was able to create a new table of Monopoly and also other
games and NVDA told me everything I needed to know to set the table
properly according to my likes.
Have you tried restarting Playroom? If so, and if it doesn't get things
back to normality, how about restarting NVDA itself?
If it's still showing no results, how about restarting with add-ons
disabled?
I'd suggest that you'd be using the client minimized, however I did it
and even so NVDA reads all correctly.

Cheers,
Marcio
Follow or add me on Facebook <https://facebook.com/firirinfonfon>

Em 23/02/2019 08:36, Robert Doc Wright godfearer escreveu:

If you have QuintC’s playroom just go through the steps of creating a
game. For example when creating a monopoly game it normally asks if
you wish to use the default options. For me I only hear ‘yes’. I have
to move to the history window to find out what I am yessing to.

*From:*nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> *On Behalf Of *marcio
via Groups.Io
*Sent:* Saturday, February 23, 2019 4:14 AM
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io
*Subject:* Re: [nvda] no pop up announcements

Could you give more instructions to reproduce this behavior?
I'd like to play with it and see what I can get so we can find out
what at least should be causes for the problem, but there's no steps
for me to follow :(


Cheers,
Marcio
Follow or add me on Facebook <https://facebook.com/firirinfonfon>

Em 23/02/2019 07:51, Robert Doc Wright godfearer escreveu:

    When in quentinC playroom it is not announceing the game options
    when creating a new game. It use to do this. It is only announcing
    the answer choices.














Re: Dragon UI hanging with NVDA

rwlord@...
 

This may be an old fixed bug returning. I have been using this configuration without incident since 2017.


Re: Dragon UI hanging with NVDA

rwlord@...
 

Yes, I have an open case with Nuance Support. I will update the group with their response, if any.


Re: research study from Microsoft India

 

I am not sure you just have to trust that things will be ok, its unlikely it will be not.



On 24/02/2019 8:43 AM, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:

Hi


How can you tell if it is legit as in it is a real study by the real people?


I have not checked out the documentation etc but some one else asked the question on another list.


Gene nz

?

On 24/02/2019 3:37 AM, Adriani Botez wrote:
Hello all,

I got this Info on Fb. It seems to be a very interesting study.

Best
Adriani

Seeking your participation for a study “Understanding computational  journeys of people with visual impairments” conducted by Microsoft  Research India  Dear all,  I am a research fellow at Microsoft Research India. I am part of a  research group that aims to create the right tools, technologies and  support for children with visual impairment to pursue computing as a  career. We are aware that there are numerous challenges in pursuing  such a path. In order to move forward we want to understand the unique  experiences of individuals like you who have managed to overcome these  barriers and to extract best practices based on such experiences.  This study is divided into two parts, the first part captures your  background through a survey (20-30 mins), while the second part delves  into the depth of your experiences of your computational journey  through an online/offline semi-structured interview (45-60 mins).  Based on the response to your survey and interest to participate in  the second part of the study, the research team will contact you after  completion of the first part. Upon full completion of the second part  of the study i.e. the online/offline interviews, you will receive an  Amazon gift card of 25 US Dollars as a token of appreciation for your  time and effort. Additionally, if the interviews are conducted offline  (at place of your convenience), accommodation and travel will be  arranged by Microsoft or will be reimbursed.  We invite you to participate in the first part of the study by taking  part in an online survey. We are excited to hear your story so that we  can better design solutions to create opportunities for many others to  follow your path. Before you give consent for your participation in  the study, please carefully go through the consent form attached with  this email. Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iiEzp01iqHsIcPFZFMQmDK60aQI2cwIj/view?usp=sharing  In case you have any questions about the consent form,  please email Vidhya Y, at t-vidy@.... Should you have any  questions concerning the project, please contact Manohar Swaminathan  (swmanoh@...). To convey your consent to participate in this  study, please fill inn your name in the consent form and send it to  Vidya Y via email. Once we receive your consent, link to the survey  will be sent out via email. We have made sure that the survey form is  accessible for screen readers. We also request you to kindly share  this email with your contacts who are in the computing field(includes  all fields involving the usage of computers for work/study) and have  visual impairment. Thank you for your time.  Warm regards,  Vidhya  Research Fellow, Microsoft Research India  Bangalore, India


Von meinem iPhone gesendet
--
Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net
 
Regardless of where you are in New Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can use a copy of the NVDA screen reader on one of their computers. To find out which location (or locations) are nearest to you please visit http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries (Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa).
To find out which software is installed on the APNK network please visit the following link http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.info/faq/software To find out how to use NVDA on APNK computers please visit the following link http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.info/faq/nvda
 

To find out which software is available on the Christchurch City Library network, and how to start the NVDA screen reader, please go to the following links. Software available  https://my.christchurchcitylibraries.com/faq/computers/#faq_5884  How to start the NVDA screen reader on Christchurch City Library computers  https://my.christchurchcitylibraries.com/faqs/what-screen-reader-software-is-available/
 
To find an NVDA certified expert near you, please visit the following link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The certification page contains the official list of NVDA certified individuals from around the world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert exam.


Re: subject keeps repeating when I hit enter on a message in thunderbird

Gene
 

You are generalizing from your experience, evidently on one computer.  It's nice you don't have to issue one extra command.  But when four or five people say they have the subject line announced when they open a message, it is not very likely that all these people have abnormally slow processors.  Or, let's say that a very fast processor does eliminate the problem.  Clearly, the majority of users don't need and won't have such a processor.  Does your computer have a gaming speed processor, or close to it?
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2019 1:46 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] subject keeps repeating when I hit enter on a message in thunderbird

No helping is necessary in thunderbird.  I press enter on a message, it opens, reads the message with no intervention from me, and I can then delete the message, and it moves on to the next one.  I don't have to remove my finger from the delete button for most of my messages, and the only time I do move my finger is when I want to keep a message, I then press control-w to close the message, arrow down to go to the next one, and press enter and start the process again.  No repeating, no manual intervnetion, and no need to stop reading or start reading of any kind, it's all automatic, and it only reads what it should.

On 2/23/2019 3:27 AM, Gene wrote:
I don't know what you mean by starting to navigate.  Just issue the read to end command.  the same when doing a search in a browser using the screen-reader search.  If you issue read current line immediately when you hear speech after initiating a search, the extraneous material will stop being read and the intended material will be heard. 
 
You have to help screen-readers along at times, given the complex environments in which they work and their complexity and given that they are working in a visually oriented interface.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: Tyler Spivey
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2019 10:50 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] subject keeps repeating when I hit enter on a message in thunderbird

No. you'll just have to get used to it. This is part of the efficiency
loss of being blind. I get it four times.
You can avoid it somewhat by starting to navigate as soon as it starts
to read.

On 2/22/2019 8:23 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:
> Hi, everyone,
>
>
> I have thunderbird set to open messages in a new tab but when I hit
> enter on a message, the subject keeps repeating before the message is
> read out. Isthere a setting I might need to change in thunderbird?
>
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
>
> Rosemarie
>
>
>
>
>
>




Virus-free. www.avast.com


Re: Question on Chrome, Re: [nvda] Can we pass graphics while navigating web pages using NVDA?

Gene
 

Or you can open the Chrome menu with one command, alt f.
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2019 1:10 PM
Subject: Re: Question on Chrome, Re: [nvda] Can we pass graphics while navigating web pages using NVDA?

The "three dots" menu is the Chrome Menu button, hit ALT and you have focus on it.  Hit either Enter or Down Arrow and it opens.

If you ever hear the description of either the "three dots" or "hamburger stack" menu or menu key, you can be virtually certain it's the browser's main menu key and that ALT will throw focus to it.  In the case of Firefox, though, ALT still brings up the old menu structure, which gives you access via a different route to all of the things that the Firefox main menu key (hamburger stack type, in this case) does.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763  

A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

 

 


Re: Telegram

Jackie
 

Maybe, Tyler, but the other side of the coin is that you're at least a
little more likely to get a vetted app from these app stores.

On 2/23/19, Tyler Wood <tcwood12@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

Missing out, then.


That's like saying you won't buy an app on a computer because it's not
in the windows or mac app store. It is just sillyness.


I wish more apps did that. Google and apple love to snatch money away
from developers.


On 2019-02-23 10:24 a.m., Sarah k Alawami wrote:

I will never use that program because you don't buy it from the the
play store, hence I don't trust the devs. They did give a reason as to
why they cannot put it in the play store but I have now forgotten it.

Take care

On 23 Feb 2019, at 4:58, Mallard wrote:

Hello there,


Yes, I use Telelight in Android, which is a great app developed by
people at the University of Tabriz, in Iran.


I'll never be grateful enough to those devs for giving such a
great solution, while the devs of the actual Telegram app treated
our requests for accessibility with contempt, to say the least...


They actually replied to me using very strong language when I
first contacted them at the end of 2013, when the app had just
been released... Never seen anything like that!


The website is ok with NVDA as well, as far as I could see, but I
haven't gone into that too much, having a very good solution on my
phone.


Ciao,

Ollie




Il 23/02/2019 08:12, Kwork ha scritto:

Thank you very much!

That seems to work. Better than the desktop application anyway.
😊

Travis

On 2/22/2019 10:47 PM, Tyler Wood wrote:

Hi,

The website is.

web.telegram.org


On Android, if you use that, there is an app called
Teleight that is also 100% accessible.


hope that helps


On 2019-02-22 11:19 p.m., Kwork wrote:

I've been hearing about a social platform called
Telegram. Has anyone used it here, and is it at all
accessible with NVDA? Thanks.

Travis





--
Subscribe to a WordPress for Newbies Mailing List by sending a message to:
wp4newbs-request@freelists.org with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by
visiting the list page at http://www.freelists.org/list/wp4newbs
& check out my sites at www.brighter-vision.com & www.mysitesbeenhacked.com


Re: Telegram

Lenron
 

I completely agree with you on this Tyler.

On 2/23/19, Tyler Wood <tcwood12@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

Missing out, then.


That's like saying you won't buy an app on a computer because it's not
in the windows or mac app store. It is just sillyness.


I wish more apps did that. Google and apple love to snatch money away
from developers.


On 2019-02-23 10:24 a.m., Sarah k Alawami wrote:

I will never use that program because you don't buy it from the the
play store, hence I don't trust the devs. They did give a reason as to
why they cannot put it in the play store but I have now forgotten it.

Take care

On 23 Feb 2019, at 4:58, Mallard wrote:

Hello there,


Yes, I use Telelight in Android, which is a great app developed by
people at the University of Tabriz, in Iran.


I'll never be grateful enough to those devs for giving such a
great solution, while the devs of the actual Telegram app treated
our requests for accessibility with contempt, to say the least...


They actually replied to me using very strong language when I
first contacted them at the end of 2013, when the app had just
been released... Never seen anything like that!


The website is ok with NVDA as well, as far as I could see, but I
haven't gone into that too much, having a very good solution on my
phone.


Ciao,

Ollie




Il 23/02/2019 08:12, Kwork ha scritto:

Thank you very much!

That seems to work. Better than the desktop application anyway.
😊

Travis

On 2/22/2019 10:47 PM, Tyler Wood wrote:

Hi,

The website is.

web.telegram.org


On Android, if you use that, there is an app called
Teleight that is also 100% accessible.


hope that helps


On 2019-02-22 11:19 p.m., Kwork wrote:

I've been hearing about a social platform called
Telegram. Has anyone used it here, and is it at all
accessible with NVDA? Thanks.

Travis





--
Lenron Brown
Cell: 985-271-2832
Skype: ron.brown762


Re: subject keeps repeating when I hit enter on a message in thunderbird

Travis Siegel <tsiegel@...>
 

No helping is necessary in thunderbird.  I press enter on a message, it opens, reads the message with no intervention from me, and I can then delete the message, and it moves on to the next one.  I don't have to remove my finger from the delete button for most of my messages, and the only time I do move my finger is when I want to keep a message, I then press control-w to close the message, arrow down to go to the next one, and press enter and start the process again.  No repeating, no manual intervnetion, and no need to stop reading or start reading of any kind, it's all automatic, and it only reads what it should.

On 2/23/2019 3:27 AM, Gene wrote:
I don't know what you mean by starting to navigate.  Just issue the read to end command.  the same when doing a search in a browser using the screen-reader search.  If you issue read current line immediately when you hear speech after initiating a search, the extraneous material will stop being read and the intended material will be heard. 
 
You have to help screen-readers along at times, given the complex environments in which they work and their complexity and given that they are working in a visually oriented interface.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: Tyler Spivey
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2019 10:50 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] subject keeps repeating when I hit enter on a message in thunderbird

No. you'll just have to get used to it. This is part of the efficiency
loss of being blind. I get it four times.
You can avoid it somewhat by starting to navigate as soon as it starts
to read.

On 2/22/2019 8:23 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:
> Hi, everyone,
>
>
> I have thunderbird set to open messages in a new tab but when I hit
> enter on a message, the subject keeps repeating before the message is
> read out. Isthere a setting I might need to change in thunderbird?
>
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
>
> Rosemarie
>
>
>
>
>
>




Virus-free. www.avast.com


Re: research study from Microsoft India

hurrikennyandopo ...
 

Hi


How can you tell if it is legit as in it is a real study by the real people?


I have not checked out the documentation etc but some one else asked the question on another list.


Gene nz

?

On 24/02/2019 3:37 AM, Adriani Botez wrote:
Hello all,

I got this Info on Fb. It seems to be a very interesting study.

Best
Adriani

Seeking your participation for a study “Understanding computational  journeys of people with visual impairments” conducted by Microsoft  Research India  Dear all,  I am a research fellow at Microsoft Research India. I am part of a  research group that aims to create the right tools, technologies and  support for children with visual impairment to pursue computing as a  career. We are aware that there are numerous challenges in pursuing  such a path. In order to move forward we want to understand the unique  experiences of individuals like you who have managed to overcome these  barriers and to extract best practices based on such experiences.  This study is divided into two parts, the first part captures your  background through a survey (20-30 mins), while the second part delves  into the depth of your experiences of your computational journey  through an online/offline semi-structured interview (45-60 mins).  Based on the response to your survey and interest to participate in  the second part of the study, the research team will contact you after  completion of the first part. Upon full completion of the second part  of the study i.e. the online/offline interviews, you will receive an  Amazon gift card of 25 US Dollars as a token of appreciation for your  time and effort. Additionally, if the interviews are conducted offline  (at place of your convenience), accommodation and travel will be  arranged by Microsoft or will be reimbursed.  We invite you to participate in the first part of the study by taking  part in an online survey. We are excited to hear your story so that we  can better design solutions to create opportunities for many others to  follow your path. Before you give consent for your participation in  the study, please carefully go through the consent form attached with  this email. Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iiEzp01iqHsIcPFZFMQmDK60aQI2cwIj/view?usp=sharing  In case you have any questions about the consent form,  please email Vidhya Y, at t-vidy@.... Should you have any  questions concerning the project, please contact Manohar Swaminathan  (swmanoh@...). To convey your consent to participate in this  study, please fill inn your name in the consent form and send it to  Vidya Y via email. Once we receive your consent, link to the survey  will be sent out via email. We have made sure that the survey form is  accessible for screen readers. We also request you to kindly share  this email with your contacts who are in the computing field(includes  all fields involving the usage of computers for work/study) and have  visual impairment. Thank you for your time.  Warm regards,  Vidhya  Research Fellow, Microsoft Research India  Bangalore, India


Von meinem iPhone gesendet
--
Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net
 
Regardless of where you are in New Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can use a copy of the NVDA screen reader on one of their computers. To find out which location (or locations) are nearest to you please visit http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries (Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa).
To find out which software is installed on the APNK network please visit the following link http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.info/faq/software To find out how to use NVDA on APNK computers please visit the following link http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.info/faq/nvda
 

To find out which software is available on the Christchurch City Library network, and how to start the NVDA screen reader, please go to the following links. Software available  https://my.christchurchcitylibraries.com/faq/computers/#faq_5884  How to start the NVDA screen reader on Christchurch City Library computers  https://my.christchurchcitylibraries.com/faqs/what-screen-reader-software-is-available/
 
To find an NVDA certified expert near you, please visit the following link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The certification page contains the official list of NVDA certified individuals from around the world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert exam.


Re: subject keeps repeating when I hit enter on a message in thunderbird

Travis Siegel <tsiegel@...>
 

I really think this has to do with cpu usage, not anything to do with thunderbird itself.  I don't have this problem 99 percent of the time.  I have my messages opening in a separate tab, and when I press enter on a message, it opens a new tab, reads the message just fine with no repeating, and I can then press control-W to close the message, delete to remove it, or use my arrow keys to move to a web link if needed so I can click on it to open the page in chrome.

Very occasionally I get repeating, and it's almost always when my machine is doing other things and eating a lot of CPU.  Otherwise, there is no repeating of anything for me, and never has been with any version of thunderbird I've used.

On 2/22/2019 11:50 PM, Tyler Spivey wrote:
No. you'll just have to get used to it. This is part of the efficiency loss of being blind. I get it four times.
You can avoid it somewhat by starting to navigate as soon as it starts to read.

On 2/22/2019 8:23 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:
Hi, everyone,


I have thunderbird set to open messages in a new tab but when I hit enter on a message, the subject keeps repeating before the message is read out. Isthere a setting I might need to change in thunderbird?


Thanks in advance.


Rosemarie








Re: Telegram

Tyler Wood
 

Hi,

Missing out, then.


That's like saying you won't buy an app on a computer because it's not in the windows or mac app store. It is just sillyness.


I wish more apps did that. Google and apple love to snatch money away from developers.


On 2019-02-23 10:24 a.m., Sarah k Alawami wrote:

I will never use that program because you don't buy it from the the play store, hence I don't trust the devs. They did give a reason as to why they cannot put it in the play store but I have now forgotten it.

Take care

On 23 Feb 2019, at 4:58, Mallard wrote:

Hello there,


Yes, I use Telelight in Android, which is a great app developed by people at the University of Tabriz, in Iran.


I'll never be grateful enough to those devs for giving such a great solution, while the devs of the actual Telegram app treated our requests for accessibility with contempt, to say the least...


They actually replied to me using very strong language when I first contacted them at the end of 2013, when the app had just been released... Never seen anything like that!


The website is ok with NVDA as well, as far as I could see, but I haven't gone into that too much, having a very good solution on my phone.


Ciao,

Ollie




Il 23/02/2019 08:12, Kwork ha scritto:

Thank you very much!

That seems to work. Better than the desktop application anyway. 😊

Travis

On 2/22/2019 10:47 PM, Tyler Wood wrote:

Hi,

The website is.

web.telegram.org


On Android, if you use that, there is an app called Teleight that is also 100% accessible.


hope that helps


On 2019-02-22 11:19 p.m., Kwork wrote:

I've been hearing about a social platform called Telegram. Has anyone used it here, and is it at all accessible with NVDA? Thanks.

Travis