Date   

How can i read a full text with NVDA?

dario7b6@...
 

Hi, how can i read a full text of a notepad for example? I tried but i couldnt because maybe  my keyboard does not have the key insert. Please can you help me how can i read it without habing the key insert?


Re: Disable or uninstall hp protect tools

Gene
 

Also, it occurred to me that you might get more results for your version of Windows if you specify Windows 10 in the search, for example, uninstall HP Protect Tools Windows 10.
 
Genee

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 12:40 AM
Subject: [nvda] Disable or uninstall hp protect tools

Hi.
Sorry if this has been discussed before.
I am looking for an accessible way to disable or uninstall hp protect tools. 

I am on windows 10 version 1809 and I am using a desk top hp computer at work.
I tried uninstalling hp protect tools from programs and features, but it says that I have to uninstall first hp device manager or something like that.
I didn't find anything to do with hp and device manager in programs and features.

Thanks
Nikos


Re: Disable or uninstall hp protect tools

Gene
 

I don't know if you will get much information about how this is done on the list.  If you do an Internet search for a phrase like uninstall HP protect tools, you will see a lot of results discussing how this is done.  You can see if any apply or appear to be helpful.  There is evidently a way to contact HP Support about this.  I saw that possibility mentioned in the result I looked at.  also, it looked to me as though the procedure might differ or involve more if you have a certain version installed. 
 
You said this is at work.  Why would a job allow you to make such a modification to a work computer?  Will your work allow you to use another antivirus program?
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 12:40 AM
Subject: [nvda] Disable or uninstall hp protect tools

Hi.
Sorry if this has been discussed before.
I am looking for an accessible way to disable or uninstall hp protect tools. 

I am on windows 10 version 1809 and I am using a desk top hp computer at work.
I tried uninstalling hp protect tools from programs and features, but it says that I have to uninstall first hp device manager or something like that.
I didn't find anything to do with hp and device manager in programs and features.

Thanks
Nikos


Disable or uninstall hp protect tools

 

Hi.
Sorry if this has been discussed before.
I am looking for an accessible way to disable or uninstall hp protect tools. 

I am on windows 10 version 1809 and I am using a desk top hp computer at work.
I tried uninstalling hp protect tools from programs and features, but it says that I have to uninstall first hp device manager or something like that.
I didn't find anything to do with hp and device manager in programs and features.

Thanks
Nikos


Re: discord accessibility

Sarah k Alawami
 

Actualy, I use it for just general chatter on my servers and support with some video software I'm playing with so no it is not just for gaming. I also have used it to get tech support on some products I have used in the past.

Take care

On 29 Oct 2018, at 17:39, Mr. Wong Chi Wai, William wrote:

well, discord is mainly a platform for gamer, isn't it? It seemed not a platform that will pay much attention to accessibility.


Robert Kingett 於 29/10/2018 23:04 寫道:

You have a point, poster #3. I've been trying to get the developers to at least post accessibility updates, challenges, and the like, but things are moving sooooo slowly and, in some cases, not at all. It's a shame because while Slack is starting to become very accessible, everybody is moving onto Discord. Sigh. I love the idea of discord. I'm limited to slack though. Despite what many believe, many people still IM and email from a desktop.



Re: discord accessibility

Hope Williamson <isepic@...>
 

OK will try that, thanks!


Re: Phonetic spelling

 

thanks gene for your help, i did not numpad keys can spell word or
character rather than entire line.
God bless you!

On 10/30/18, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
Janet and all

Numpad 8 pressed three times will spell every word in the current line. if
you just want to spell the word you are on, use numpad 5 pressed three
times. For the current character, use numpad 2 three times. do you know
the review keys so you can move using the numpad without moving the cursor
if that's what you want to do?

Gene
----- Original Message -----

From: zahra
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2018 12:52 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Phonetic spelling


hello.
on the contrary, i hate this feature.
its annoying if i press insert up arrow more than twice accidentaly.
its on by default since nvda 2017.2 and unfortunately there is no any
option to disable it.
just press nvda up arrow three times to make this feature work.

On 10/29/18, Janet Brandly <jbrandly@...> wrote:
Hello,
How can I turn on phonetic spelling in NVDA? I’m learning Spanish and
need
to see the spelling of the words. It’s sometimes difficult to determine
the
right vowel as the sounds can be very similar.
Thanks,
Jan




--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali





--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali


Re: off topic, who can help me for buying mobile phone with android operating system?

 

hi erik.
thanks extremely for your help, i am myself a little busy these days
and try to contact you next week or two weeks later by the grace of
God.
thanks extremely again and God bless you!

On 10/30/18, zahra <nasrinkhaksar3@...> wrote:
hi thanks so much for your advie.
about phone support, i cant get it in iran.
but i try other method.
thanks for your help, God bless you all.

On 10/30/18, Brian Vogel <@britechguy> wrote:
Blind Phones Groups.io Main Page:  https://groups.io/g/blindphones

e-mail addresses for the group are on that page.

--

Brian *-* Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763

*The terrible state of public education has paid huge dividends in
ignorance.  Huge.  We now have a country that can be told blatant lies —
easily checkable, blatant lies — and I’m not talking about the covert
workings of the CIA. When we have a terrorist attack, on September 11,
2001
with 19 men — 15 of them are Saudis — and five minutes later the whole
country thinks they’re from Iraq — how can you have faith in the public?
This is an easily checkable fact. The whole country is like the O.J.
Simpson
jurors.*

      ~ Fran Lebowitz in Ruminator Magazine interview with Susannah
McNeely
(Aug/Sept 2005)




--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali



--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali


Re: off topic, who can help me for buying mobile phone with android operating system?

 

hi thanks so much for your advie.
about phone support, i cant get it in iran.
but i try other method.
thanks for your help, God bless you all.

On 10/30/18, Brian Vogel <@britechguy> wrote:
Blind Phones Groups.io Main Page:  https://groups.io/g/blindphones

e-mail addresses for the group are on that page.

--

Brian *-* Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763

*The terrible state of public education has paid huge dividends in
ignorance.  Huge.  We now have a country that can be told blatant lies —
easily checkable, blatant lies — and I’m not talking about the covert
workings of the CIA. When we have a terrorist attack, on September 11, 2001
with 19 men — 15 of them are Saudis — and five minutes later the whole
country thinks they’re from Iraq — how can you have faith in the public?
This is an easily checkable fact. The whole country is like the O.J. Simpson
jurors.*

      ~ Fran Lebowitz in Ruminator Magazine interview with Susannah McNeely
(Aug/Sept 2005)



--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali


Re: discord accessibility

Tyler Wood
 

Hi,

This can be done from within the discord client under I believe chat settings.

There is an option in there to read incoming chats using TTS as well as an option to select what channels get read. For instance, you can only have it set to read the currently displaying channel, which is what I have it set to.


I know that isn't optimal but it also shows up in action center when a message is sent, just like other options like zoom.


hope that helps


On 2018-10-29 8:37 PM, Travis Siegel wrote:

I have no problem with discord either the web site or the application.  Admittedly, it takes a bit of NVDA cursor manipulation to get the chat info properly, but it does work.  Sure, it'd be nice to have the speech automatically read new text as it comes in, but it's still usable as is.


On 10/29/2018 8:43 PM, Tyler Wood wrote:

Hi,

I'm using discord reasonably enough. It does take some doing, but for what I do it's usable. Granted what I do is not all that much - I voice chat and text chat.


That being said, discord is *finally* taking accessibility seriously. Whether or not it's too late remains to be seen but recently, the mute and deafen buttons have finally gotten labeled, for instance.


Run the discord canary windows builds over at

https://discordapp.com/api/download/canary?platform=win


You'll get updates daily and, despite the slow progress of accessibility improving, it very slowly is.


Hope that helps a little.


On 2018-10-29 7:39 PM, Mr. Wong Chi Wai, William wrote:
well, discord is mainly a platform for gamer, isn't it? It seemed not a platform that will pay much attention to accessibility.


Robert Kingett 於 29/10/2018 23:04 寫道:

You have a point, poster #3. I've been trying to get the developers to at least post accessibility updates, challenges, and the like, but things are moving sooooo slowly and, in some cases, not at all. It's a shame because while Slack is starting to become very accessible, everybody is moving onto Discord. Sigh. I love the idea of discord. I'm limited to slack though. Despite what many believe, many people still IM and email from a desktop.





Virus-free. www.avast.com


Re: discord accessibility

Hope Williamson <isepic@...>
 

Well that’s good to hear! I’ll go and join my server then!


Re: off topic, who can help me for buying mobile phone with android operating system?

 

Blind Phones Groups.io Main Page:  https://groups.io/g/blindphones 

e-mail addresses for the group are on that page.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763  

The terrible state of public education has paid huge dividends in ignorance.  Huge.  We now have a country that can be told blatant lies — easily checkable, blatant lies — and I’m not talking about the covert workings of the CIA. When we have a terrorist attack, on September 11, 2001 with 19 men — 15 of them are Saudis — and five minutes later the whole country thinks they’re from Iraq — how can you have faith in the public? This is an easily checkable fact. The whole country is like the O.J. Simpson jurors.

      ~ Fran Lebowitz in Ruminator Magazine interview with Susannah McNeely (Aug/Sept 2005)

 

 


Re: off topic, who can help me for buying mobile phone withandroid operating system?

Lino Morales
 

Also Jonathan Mosen runs the Blind Phones list. Its on groups.io, but I don’t have the URL I’m sure that INFO is on his site at:

www.mosen.org/

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Rosemarie Chavarria
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2018 9:53 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] off topic, who can help me for buying mobile phone withandroid operating system?

 

Hi,

 

You might want to ask on a telephone list. I know there's a verizons phone list but I forgot the subscription address. You'd probably get better help there.

 

Rosemarie

 

 

 

-----Original Message-----

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of zahra

Sent: Monday, October 29, 2018 3:04 AM

To: nvda@groups.io

Subject: [nvda] off topic, who can help me for buying mobile phone with android operating system?

 

hello every one.

i wish to buy android phone and in general, i really hate social medias and internet programs except firefox!

i need someone who used different versions of firefox, (firefox 56 and earlier with firefox quantum and recent versions of firefox), help me.

what should i do?

i have some questions and specially i need some help from one expert person in android and using firefox.

i really appreciate any help, God bless you all!

 

--

By God,

were I given all the seven heavens

with all they contain

in order that

I may disobey God

by depriving an ant

from the husk of a grain of barley,

I would not do it.

imam ali

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Re: off topic, who can help me for buying mobile phone with android operating system?

Rosemarie Chavarria
 

Hi,

You might want to ask on a telephone list. I know there's a verizons phone list but I forgot the subscription address. You'd probably get better help there.

Rosemarie

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of zahra
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2018 3:04 AM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: [nvda] off topic, who can help me for buying mobile phone with android operating system?

hello every one.
i wish to buy android phone and in general, i really hate social medias and internet programs except firefox!
i need someone who used different versions of firefox, (firefox 56 and earlier with firefox quantum and recent versions of firefox), help me.
what should i do?
i have some questions and specially i need some help from one expert person in android and using firefox.
i really appreciate any help, God bless you all!

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali


Re: discord accessibility

Travis Siegel <tsiegel@...>
 

I have no problem with discord either the web site or the application.  Admittedly, it takes a bit of NVDA cursor manipulation to get the chat info properly, but it does work.  Sure, it'd be nice to have the speech automatically read new text as it comes in, but it's still usable as is.


On 10/29/2018 8:43 PM, Tyler Wood wrote:

Hi,

I'm using discord reasonably enough. It does take some doing, but for what I do it's usable. Granted what I do is not all that much - I voice chat and text chat.


That being said, discord is *finally* taking accessibility seriously. Whether or not it's too late remains to be seen but recently, the mute and deafen buttons have finally gotten labeled, for instance.


Run the discord canary windows builds over at

https://discordapp.com/api/download/canary?platform=win


You'll get updates daily and, despite the slow progress of accessibility improving, it very slowly is.


Hope that helps a little.


On 2018-10-29 7:39 PM, Mr. Wong Chi Wai, William wrote:
well, discord is mainly a platform for gamer, isn't it? It seemed not a platform that will pay much attention to accessibility.


Robert Kingett 於 29/10/2018 23:04 寫道:

You have a point, poster #3. I've been trying to get the developers to at least post accessibility updates, challenges, and the like, but things are moving sooooo slowly and, in some cases, not at all. It's a shame because while Slack is starting to become very accessible, everybody is moving onto Discord. Sigh. I love the idea of discord. I'm limited to slack though. Despite what many believe, many people still IM and email from a desktop.





Virus-free. www.avast.com


Re: NVDA and task manager

Travis Siegel <tsiegel@...>
 

It doesn't matter.  If the task ended or not makes no difference to you as a user, because you can't press end task a second time.  After pressing end task, the task either goes away immediately, in which case, you're dropped back on the list of tasks, or it doesn't, and you're left on the end task column.  Tabbing back to the task list may or may not show the task still, but it's immaterial, because clicking end task on it a second time simply gives an error, because the task manager has already scheduled the program for ending, so you don't need to worry about it, just move on to the next program you'd like to end.


On 10/29/2018 9:16 PM, Gene wrote:
If you have to tab back, how do you know the task has been ended.  You may be in the dialog because the task hasn't ended yet.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2018 7:41 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and task manager

The behavior of task manager is highly dependent on how busy your machine is at the time you end the task.  I've discovered that if the machine is running well, then  pressing alt-E for end task does indeed move you to the next task in the list, because it removes the one you're on.  However, if the machine is busy, then end task leaves the NVDA cursor on the end task column, and you need to tab 2 or 3 times to get back to the list of processes.  I'm guessing this is because whatever event NVDA triggers after pressing end task doesn't fire when the cpu is heavily loaded.  However, simply tabbing back to the correct column allows you to continue along as if it did operate properly.


On 10/29/2018 5:40 PM, Gene wrote:
It isn't clear to me what is happening.  When you press the end task button, the end task dialog comes up and asks if you are sure.  When you answer yes, that dialog closes and the task ends.  When do you see the dialog and if you respond, what happens?
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2018 8:40 AM
To: NVDA
Subject: [nvda] NVDA and task manager

before moving to NVDA 20183.x If I deleted a task in task manager it would move me to the next task in line. Now when I delete a task focus moves to the "end task" dialog instead of staying in the list of tasks.


Virus-free. www.avast.com


Re: NVDA and task manager

Gene
 

If you have to tab back, how do you know the task has been ended.  You may be in the dialog because the task hasn't ended yet.
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2018 7:41 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and task manager

The behavior of task manager is highly dependent on how busy your machine is at the time you end the task.  I've discovered that if the machine is running well, then  pressing alt-E for end task does indeed move you to the next task in the list, because it removes the one you're on.  However, if the machine is busy, then end task leaves the NVDA cursor on the end task column, and you need to tab 2 or 3 times to get back to the list of processes.  I'm guessing this is because whatever event NVDA triggers after pressing end task doesn't fire when the cpu is heavily loaded.  However, simply tabbing back to the correct column allows you to continue along as if it did operate properly.


On 10/29/2018 5:40 PM, Gene wrote:
It isn't clear to me what is happening.  When you press the end task button, the end task dialog comes up and asks if you are sure.  When you answer yes, that dialog closes and the task ends.  When do you see the dialog and if you respond, what happens?
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2018 8:40 AM
To: NVDA
Subject: [nvda] NVDA and task manager

before moving to NVDA 20183.x If I deleted a task in task manager it would move me to the next task in line. Now when I delete a task focus moves to the "end task" dialog instead of staying in the list of tasks.


Virus-free. www.avast.com


Re: discord accessibility

Hope Williamson <isepic@...>
 

Discord is a chat platform that can be used for gaming chat, but it can also be used for many other things. I know I myself have a server I’d like to join, but not until they make the improvements to the web interface as I’m really tired of installing clients for things lol.


Re: discord accessibility

Tyler Wood
 

Hi,

I'm using discord reasonably enough. It does take some doing, but for what I do it's usable. Granted what I do is not all that much - I voice chat and text chat.


That being said, discord is *finally* taking accessibility seriously. Whether or not it's too late remains to be seen but recently, the mute and deafen buttons have finally gotten labeled, for instance.


Run the discord canary windows builds over at

https://discordapp.com/api/download/canary?platform=win


You'll get updates daily and, despite the slow progress of accessibility improving, it very slowly is.


Hope that helps a little.


On 2018-10-29 7:39 PM, Mr. Wong Chi Wai, William wrote:
well, discord is mainly a platform for gamer, isn't it? It seemed not a platform that will pay much attention to accessibility.


Robert Kingett 於 29/10/2018 23:04 寫道:

You have a point, poster #3. I've been trying to get the developers to at least post accessibility updates, challenges, and the like, but things are moving sooooo slowly and, in some cases, not at all. It's a shame because while Slack is starting to become very accessible, everybody is moving onto Discord. Sigh. I love the idea of discord. I'm limited to slack though. Despite what many believe, many people still IM and email from a desktop.




Re: NVDA and task manager

Travis Siegel <tsiegel@...>
 

The behavior of task manager is highly dependent on how busy your machine is at the time you end the task.  I've discovered that if the machine is running well, then  pressing alt-E for end task does indeed move you to the next task in the list, because it removes the one you're on.  However, if the machine is busy, then end task leaves the NVDA cursor on the end task column, and you need to tab 2 or 3 times to get back to the list of processes.  I'm guessing this is because whatever event NVDA triggers after pressing end task doesn't fire when the cpu is heavily loaded.  However, simply tabbing back to the correct column allows you to continue along as if it did operate properly.


On 10/29/2018 5:40 PM, Gene wrote:
It isn't clear to me what is happening.  When you press the end task button, the end task dialog comes up and asks if you are sure.  When you answer yes, that dialog closes and the task ends.  When do you see the dialog and if you respond, what happens?
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2018 8:40 AM
To: NVDA
Subject: [nvda] NVDA and task manager

before moving to NVDA 20183.x If I deleted a task in task manager it would move me to the next task in line. Now when I delete a task focus moves to the "end task" dialog instead of staying in the list of tasks.


Virus-free. www.avast.com