Date   

Re: Getting to chat messages during a call in Skype for Windows 10.

Ervin, Glenn
 

I figured NVDA does place markers, or by a different name.
Maybe not?
Glenn

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Felix G.
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2018 10:22 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Getting to chat messages during a call in Skype for Windows 10.

Hi!
Place markers? Which add-on are you referring to?
Best,
Felix
Am Di., 11. Sep. 2018 um 17:07 Uhr schrieb Ervin, Glenn
<glenn.ervin@nebraska.gov>:

I don't think you have to tab to everything if you know the layout.
You can put place markers to the spots you use a lot, and press K to jump from one to the other.
If it is an edit field, you can press the letter E and you can search for part of a word on a page to go right to it.
And you can list links to arrow through links.
I have to do all this stuff in my work software.
Glenn


-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Felix G.
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2018 1:14 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Getting to chat messages during a call in Skype for Windows 10.

I wonder why so many developers think tabbing around is our favorite mode of navigation. It's good for familiarizing ourselves with something, but as the only way of getting around it's inefficient. For any sighted dev lurking here, it's like having to click every button in between where focus is and where you'd like it to be. You would start hating it after some time. ;) Best, Felix Am Di., 11. Sep. 2018 um 02:11 Uhr schrieb John Isige <gwynn@tds.net>:

Oh huh! Maybe I'll try that then. If you figure it out that would be
great but I kind of started using the app because I didn't think you
could use the desktop version after 7. The other big thing I don't
like about the app is that if I don't get to the notifications in
time, like if I'm away from the computer, it leaves this window up
that just says "new notification" and I can't get rid of it. So it
kind of messes with switching apps and stuff, or if I close an app
instead of going right to the desktop I have to hit win-m because
I'm in the new notification window. Other than that it doesn't seem
too bad, I have to open it if I want to write longer messages but
I've been dealing with that OK. Being able to write shorter messages
right from the notification is kind of handy really.


On 9/10/2018 17:42, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:
Hi


Ok i have both on this computer but only using the skype 8.2
version which is the desk top version. I will log out of that one
and have a look back in the other one to see.


Gene nz



On 11/09/2018 10:37 AM, John Isige wrote:
"Please note, this is Skype for Windows 10, not Skype 8." So
yeah, not Skype 8.2, but the app version for Windows 10. I'm
pretty sure Windows
10 won't let you run the not app version, at least the last time
I tried downloading and installing 8, it told me I'd have a
better experience if I installed from the Microsoft store and
gave me an OK button, and that's it. I could go back to 7 since
they seem to be keeping it around, but I'm really trying to get
used to whatever Microsoft wants me to use so I don't have to
worry so much about what's maybe being killed when and then oh no
it turns out that was wrong and so on.


On 9/10/2018 17:28, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:
hi


Is it the app version which is on windows 10? or the skype 8.2
desktop version?


Gene nz



On 11/09/2018 10:04 AM, John Isige wrote:
Hey all. Ran into something today for the first time. I was in
a call with somebody and wanted to send them a link in a chat.
Skype kept telling me that call controls were shown. There was
an option to hide the chat, but no way that I could tell to get
into the area where I could type a message. Tabbing through the
buttons there was an area where NVDA read nothing and I thought
that might be it, but it turned out not to be. So how do I get
to where I can type/send a link in a chat to the person I'm in
a call with? I checked the hotkeys and I don't see anything that immediately jumps out at me as relevant.
Please note, this is Skype for Windows 10, not Skype 8.


Funnily enough I was trying to send them a link to the NVDA
basic training. I ended up emailing them instead which was good
because I sent them a bunch of other links too. Still, I'd like
to know how to be able to do that when in a call. I assume it's possible.
There are also other functions, e.g. sending a file, that I
couldn't get to either, e.g. with tab. The set of controls on
the screen was pretty limited.












Re: We have Reached a Milestone

Antony Stone
 

One thing I would greatly appreciate is that if people to see an email they
feel they have a reply to, please read the following messages which have
already been posted in the thread to find out whether someone else has already
said it, and if so, avoid the duplication.

I do know that some people seem to have problems with emails appearing out of
sequence or with significant delays, so they don't necessarily know that
something has already been said, but I really don't think that can explain the
number of times this problem crops up.

Basically, please only post a reply if you can *add* something useful to the
discussion.

Thanks,


Antony.

On Tuesday 11 September 2018 at 16:20:40, Davy Cuppens wrote:

Yes Brian there is sometimes too much traffic here, therefore could you all
just cluster mails and not respond on every single mail sometimes.
Regards
Davy

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
From: Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2018 3:37 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] We have Reached a Milestone

Yes what you need to make sure is that the milestone does not become a
millstone around your neck as the saying goes!
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Nimer Jaber" <nimerjaber1@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2018 3:57 AM
Subject: [nvda] We have Reached a Milestone

Hello everyone,

Just writing to thank everyone on this list for making it what it is and
has been. We have now reached 1000 users earlier this week, and that is
excellent. Let's continue to make this list a welcoming home for NVDA
questions for a long time to come.

Thanks.

Nimer Jaber
--
Warum können Seeräuber nicht den Umfang eines Kreises berechnen?
Weil sie Piraten...


Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.


Re: Getting to chat messages during a call in Skype for Windows 10.

Felix G.
 

Hi!
Place markers? Which add-on are you referring to?
Best,
Felix
Am Di., 11. Sep. 2018 um 17:07 Uhr schrieb Ervin, Glenn
<glenn.ervin@nebraska.gov>:


I don't think you have to tab to everything if you know the layout.
You can put place markers to the spots you use a lot, and press K to jump from one to the other.
If it is an edit field, you can press the letter E and you can search for part of a word on a page to go right to it.
And you can list links to arrow through links.
I have to do all this stuff in my work software.
Glenn


-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Felix G.
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2018 1:14 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Getting to chat messages during a call in Skype for Windows 10.

I wonder why so many developers think tabbing around is our favorite mode of navigation. It's good for familiarizing ourselves with something, but as the only way of getting around it's inefficient. For any sighted dev lurking here, it's like having to click every button in between where focus is and where you'd like it to be. You would start hating it after some time. ;) Best, Felix Am Di., 11. Sep. 2018 um 02:11 Uhr schrieb John Isige <gwynn@tds.net>:

Oh huh! Maybe I'll try that then. If you figure it out that would be
great but I kind of started using the app because I didn't think you
could use the desktop version after 7. The other big thing I don't
like about the app is that if I don't get to the notifications in
time, like if I'm away from the computer, it leaves this window up
that just says "new notification" and I can't get rid of it. So it
kind of messes with switching apps and stuff, or if I close an app
instead of going right to the desktop I have to hit win-m because I'm
in the new notification window. Other than that it doesn't seem too
bad, I have to open it if I want to write longer messages but I've
been dealing with that OK. Being able to write shorter messages right
from the notification is kind of handy really.


On 9/10/2018 17:42, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:
Hi


Ok i have both on this computer but only using the skype 8.2 version
which is the desk top version. I will log out of that one and have a
look back in the other one to see.


Gene nz



On 11/09/2018 10:37 AM, John Isige wrote:
"Please note, this is Skype for Windows 10, not Skype 8." So yeah,
not Skype 8.2, but the app version for Windows 10. I'm pretty sure
Windows
10 won't let you run the not app version, at least the last time I
tried downloading and installing 8, it told me I'd have a better
experience if I installed from the Microsoft store and gave me an
OK button, and that's it. I could go back to 7 since they seem to
be keeping it around, but I'm really trying to get used to whatever
Microsoft wants me to use so I don't have to worry so much about
what's maybe being killed when and then oh no it turns out that was
wrong and so on.


On 9/10/2018 17:28, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:
hi


Is it the app version which is on windows 10? or the skype 8.2
desktop version?


Gene nz



On 11/09/2018 10:04 AM, John Isige wrote:
Hey all. Ran into something today for the first time. I was in a
call with somebody and wanted to send them a link in a chat.
Skype kept telling me that call controls were shown. There was an
option to hide the chat, but no way that I could tell to get into
the area where I could type a message. Tabbing through the
buttons there was an area where NVDA read nothing and I thought
that might be it, but it turned out not to be. So how do I get to
where I can type/send a link in a chat to the person I'm in a
call with? I checked the hotkeys and I don't see anything that immediately jumps out at me as relevant.
Please note, this is Skype for Windows 10, not Skype 8.


Funnily enough I was trying to send them a link to the NVDA basic
training. I ended up emailing them instead which was good because
I sent them a bunch of other links too. Still, I'd like to know
how to be able to do that when in a call. I assume it's possible.
There are also other functions, e.g. sending a file, that I
couldn't get to either, e.g. with tab. The set of controls on the
screen was pretty limited.












Re: A security change in Chrome you would be wise to correct

Ervin, Glenn
 

With regards to Chrome,

Has anyone else had ads popping up when Chrome is open?

After I close Chrome, I have to bring up the task manager and close several more instances of it to keep the pop-up ads from happening.

Chrome loads itself with multiple instances for more stability, each instance for a different process.

But I have gone through settings and seemingly turned off anything related to pop-ups and notifications, and it still happens.

Thanks.

Glenn

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2018 10:01 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] A security change in Chrome you would be wise to correct

 

Given the increasing popularity of Chrome among blind users, this article from Kim Komando is important.  The Chrome designers are implementing a change which is very bad for security, dumbing down the product for asthetics.  Let's hope the protests from security experts and others cause them to remember that they are not supposed to do harm, as part of their founding principles.

 

See this article:

 

Gene


Re: Getting to chat messages during a call in Skype for Windows 10.

Ervin, Glenn
 

I don't think you have to tab to everything if you know the layout.
You can put place markers to the spots you use a lot, and press K to jump from one to the other.
If it is an edit field, you can press the letter E and you can search for part of a word on a page to go right to it.
And you can list links to arrow through links.
I have to do all this stuff in my work software.
Glenn

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Felix G.
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2018 1:14 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Getting to chat messages during a call in Skype for Windows 10.

I wonder why so many developers think tabbing around is our favorite mode of navigation. It's good for familiarizing ourselves with something, but as the only way of getting around it's inefficient. For any sighted dev lurking here, it's like having to click every button in between where focus is and where you'd like it to be. You would start hating it after some time. ;) Best, Felix Am Di., 11. Sep. 2018 um 02:11 Uhr schrieb John Isige <gwynn@tds.net>:

Oh huh! Maybe I'll try that then. If you figure it out that would be
great but I kind of started using the app because I didn't think you
could use the desktop version after 7. The other big thing I don't
like about the app is that if I don't get to the notifications in
time, like if I'm away from the computer, it leaves this window up
that just says "new notification" and I can't get rid of it. So it
kind of messes with switching apps and stuff, or if I close an app
instead of going right to the desktop I have to hit win-m because I'm
in the new notification window. Other than that it doesn't seem too
bad, I have to open it if I want to write longer messages but I've
been dealing with that OK. Being able to write shorter messages right
from the notification is kind of handy really.


On 9/10/2018 17:42, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:
Hi


Ok i have both on this computer but only using the skype 8.2 version
which is the desk top version. I will log out of that one and have a
look back in the other one to see.


Gene nz



On 11/09/2018 10:37 AM, John Isige wrote:
"Please note, this is Skype for Windows 10, not Skype 8." So yeah,
not Skype 8.2, but the app version for Windows 10. I'm pretty sure
Windows
10 won't let you run the not app version, at least the last time I
tried downloading and installing 8, it told me I'd have a better
experience if I installed from the Microsoft store and gave me an
OK button, and that's it. I could go back to 7 since they seem to
be keeping it around, but I'm really trying to get used to whatever
Microsoft wants me to use so I don't have to worry so much about
what's maybe being killed when and then oh no it turns out that was
wrong and so on.


On 9/10/2018 17:28, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:
hi


Is it the app version which is on windows 10? or the skype 8.2
desktop version?


Gene nz



On 11/09/2018 10:04 AM, John Isige wrote:
Hey all. Ran into something today for the first time. I was in a
call with somebody and wanted to send them a link in a chat.
Skype kept telling me that call controls were shown. There was an
option to hide the chat, but no way that I could tell to get into
the area where I could type a message. Tabbing through the
buttons there was an area where NVDA read nothing and I thought
that might be it, but it turned out not to be. So how do I get to
where I can type/send a link in a chat to the person I'm in a
call with? I checked the hotkeys and I don't see anything that immediately jumps out at me as relevant.
Please note, this is Skype for Windows 10, not Skype 8.


Funnily enough I was trying to send them a link to the NVDA basic
training. I ended up emailing them instead which was good because
I sent them a bunch of other links too. Still, I'd like to know
how to be able to do that when in a call. I assume it's possible.
There are also other functions, e.g. sending a file, that I
couldn't get to either, e.g. with tab. The set of controls on the
screen was pretty limited.








A security change in Chrome you would be wise to correct

Gene
 

Given the increasing popularity of Chrome among blind users, this article from Kim Komando is important.  The Chrome designers are implementing a change which is very bad for security, dumbing down the product for asthetics.  Let's hope the protests from security experts and others cause them to remember that they are not supposed to do harm, as part of their founding principles.
 
See this article:
 
Gene


Re: We have Reached a Milestone

Davy Cuppens
 

Yes Brian there is sometimes too much traffic here, therefore could you all just cluster mails and not respond on every single mail sometimes.
Regards
Davy

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
From: Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2018 3:37 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] We have Reached a Milestone

Yes what you need to make sure is that the milestone does not become a
millstone around your neck as the saying goes!
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Nimer Jaber" <nimerjaber1@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2018 3:57 AM
Subject: [nvda] We have Reached a Milestone


Hello everyone,

Just writing to thank everyone on this list for making it what it is and
has been. We have now reached 1000 users earlier this week, and that is
excellent. Let's continue to make this list a welcoming home for NVDA
questions for a long time to come.

Thanks.

Nimer Jaber

--
Cordially,

Nimer Jaber

Please take the time to read this signature completely as it contains
some information about the email you have just read and all
attachments contained within as well as some valuable resources and
methods for contacting me if you have any questions or wish to talk.

The message above is intended for the recipient to whom it was
addressed. If you believe that you are not the intended recipient,
please notify me via reply email and destroy all copies of this
correspondence. Action taken as a result of this email or its contents
by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) may result in civil or
criminal charges. I have checked this email and all corresponding
attachments for security threats. However, security of your machine is
up to you. Thanks.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

To find out about a free and versatile screen reader for windows XP
and above, please click here:
http://www.nvda-project.org

You can follow @nimerjaber on Twitter for the latest technology news.

To contact me, you can reply to this email or you may call me at (218)
(693-9271) and I will do my best to respond to you promptly. Thank
you, and have a great day!




Fw: [Nvda-devel] How the branches work at new version time and after

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

Thought this might be handy for new folk.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Curran" <mick@nvaccess.org>
To: "NVDA screen reader development" <nvda-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
Cc: "Brian's Mail list account BY" <bglists@blueyonder.co.uk>
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2018 10:06 PM
Subject: Re: [Nvda-devel] How the branches work at new version time and after


Beta goes to rc and then to stable.

Once a beta comes out for 2018.4, users will need to manually download the new beta.


Mick


On 11/09/2018 5:49 am, Brian's Mail list account BY via Nvda-devel wrote:
OK seen the bit about the RC early this morning and updated my RC portable, but later in the day, the installed beta version also updated to the rc version.
Is this what is supposed to happen?
Question, so what happens when the stable version immerge, does the beta version update to the stable or carry on as the beta and the stable has to be downloaded or updated via the current stable portable or installed version?

Did that question make sense?

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.


_______________________________________________
Nvda-devel mailing list
Nvda-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/nvda-devel


Re: We have Reached a Milestone

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

Yes what you need to make sure is that the milestone does not become a millstone around your neck as the saying goes!
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nimer Jaber" <nimerjaber1@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2018 3:57 AM
Subject: [nvda] We have Reached a Milestone


Hello everyone,

Just writing to thank everyone on this list for making it what it is and
has been. We have now reached 1000 users earlier this week, and that is
excellent. Let's continue to make this list a welcoming home for NVDA
questions for a long time to come.

Thanks.

Nimer Jaber

--
Cordially,

Nimer Jaber

Please take the time to read this signature completely as it contains
some information about the email you have just read and all
attachments contained within as well as some valuable resources and
methods for contacting me if you have any questions or wish to talk.

The message above is intended for the recipient to whom it was
addressed. If you believe that you are not the intended recipient,
please notify me via reply email and destroy all copies of this
correspondence. Action taken as a result of this email or its contents
by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) may result in civil or
criminal charges. I have checked this email and all corresponding
attachments for security threats. However, security of your machine is
up to you. Thanks.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

To find out about a free and versatile screen reader for windows XP
and above, please click here:
http://www.nvda-project.org

You can follow @nimerjaber on Twitter for the latest technology news.

To contact me, you can reply to this email or you may call me at (218)
(693-9271) and I will do my best to respond to you promptly. Thank
you, and have a great day!



Re: Brian - Portable copy of NVDA not working on laptop

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

Yes I believe though that unmuting audio is going to appear in an add on, but sadly if some burke has disabled the task that will not work at all!
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ervin, Glenn" <glenn.ervin@nebraska.gov>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2018 9:09 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Brian - Portable copy of NVDA not working on laptop


It would be nice for Windows 10 users if they could ask Cortana to turn on the audio.
Glenn

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2018 3:02 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Brian - Portable copy of NVDA not working on laptop

Normally this is turned of in task manager or maybe if troubleshooting a driver issue.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jackie" <abletec@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2018 8:58 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Brian - Portable copy of NVDA not working on laptop


Nancy, just curious--How did you disable the system audio?

On 9/10/18, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
<bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
What a plonker as we would say over here. That is a silly way to do it.

It will need re enabling then a system restart, but as you say its an
issue.

I do not suppose you have a smart phone with be my eyes on it do you?
Obviously the well heeled person can call aira and get a paid person to
look as you are looking. Its better than nothing.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Nancy Shackelford" <n.k.nancelady@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2018 11:09 AM
Subject: [nvda] Brian - Portable copy of NVDA not working on laptop


I wish it were as simple as this, but I'm glad to know this about a
keyboard such as yours. Some dummy (who shall remain nameless) turned
off the Toshiba audio, thinking it could just be re-enabled the same
way, but this didn't work. I finally figured out that the Windows
audio service must've been disabled at the point of disabling the
Toshiba audio, so things should work again when I get someone to go in
and enable that and check in the start page to be sure the other audio
stuff is enabled.

Thanks to everyone,

Nance

On 9/10/18, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
<bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
Thing is as I said at the start, if this is a simple as a turned off or
muted sound it could be that if your keyboard has 'extra' keys, one of
those

is a mute unmute toggle.It most certainly is on this logitech wireless
keyboard which had be going for a while when the keyboard fell on the
floor

and turned the sound off!
Brian
--
Nancy Shackelford --Walk On Faith And Trust In Love - Michael Reid--






--
Remember! Friends Help Friends Be Cybersafe
Jackie McBride
Helping Cybercrime Victims 1 Person at a Time
https://brighter-vision.com








Re: Brian - Portable copy of NVDA not working on laptop

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

Yes I've got to do likewise, there are now a bewildering number of options which all claim to be the one for the blind, including a neat one with a keypad and a touch screen. However there do seem to be a lot of lists for mobile phones so I won't take up time here talking about them all.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nancy Shackelford" <n.k.nancelady@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2018 9:02 AM
Subject: [nvda] Brian - Portable copy of NVDA not working on laptop


I have a sighted friend who I'm sure can help me. I can give her
instructions on where to go and what to do. She's pretty good at
following instructions, so I think this will be successful. No, no
smart phone, only computer. I need to take the plunge and get some
type of cell phone.

Nance

On 9/10/18, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
<bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
What a plonker as we would say over here. That is a silly way to do it.

It will need re enabling then a system restart, but as you say its an issue.

I do not suppose you have a smart phone with be my eyes on it do you?
Obviously the well heeled person can call aira and get a paid person to
look as you are looking. Its better than nothing.
Brian
--
Nancy Shackelford --Walk On Faith And Trust In Love - Michael Reid--


Re: Getting to chat messages during a call in Skype for Windows 10.

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

And yet they are saying they are not stopping supporting it in a press release some days back. Do the left and right hand know what they are doing I wonder.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shaun Everiss" <sm.everiss@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2018 11:19 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Getting to chat messages during a call in Skype for Windows 10.


To be honest as part of a possible job I tried to get my head around the skype 8 interface, but I never know where I am and to be honest its a large kludge of buttons.

I really think microsoft just needs to have a way we can use the skype classic interface in skype 8 to be honest either that or just leave 7 always up.

The download link for 7 has gone from their website but oh well.



On 9/11/2018 10:04 AM, John Isige wrote:
Hey all. Ran into something today for the first time. I was in a call with somebody and wanted to send them a link in a chat. Skype kept telling me that call controls were shown. There was an option to hide the chat, but no way that I could tell to get into the area where I could type a message. Tabbing through the buttons there was an area where NVDA read nothing and I thought that might be it, but it turned out not to be. So how do I get to where I can type/send a link in a chat to the person I'm in a call with? I checked the hotkeys and I don't see anything that immediately jumps out at me as relevant. Please note, this is Skype for Windows 10, not Skype 8.


Funnily enough I was trying to send them a link to the NVDA basic training. I ended up emailing them instead which was good because I sent them a bunch of other links too. Still, I'd like to know how to be able to do that when in a call. I assume it's possible. There are also other functions, e.g. sending a file, that I couldn't get to either, e.g. with tab. The set of controls on the screen was pretty limited.




Re: NVDA’s compatibility with the Braille Me Braille display from NBP?

Sarah k Alawami
 

No it has not. The orbit is still around.

On September 10, 2018 13:06:59 "Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io" <bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

I assume you are saying that the orbit has been withdrawn again as I recall
several uk people had ordered one but seen nothing.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Christo de Klerk" <christodeklerk@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2018 1:13 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA’s compatibility with the Braille Me Braille display
from NBP?


I think that if you look at it now, you will find that a huge amount of
work has been done on it. We started importing and distributing them
here in South Africa recently and people are very happy with the machine.

Remember that the Orbit itself went through a disastrous launch and was
withdrawn from the market for months. These teething problems happen
with new stuff.

But to return on topic, the add-on for NVDA provided by Innovision makes
the device quite compatible with NVDA and I believe that will be
improved further with time. Innovision is very responsive to suggestions.

Regards

Christo


On 2018/09/10 01:39 PM, Josh Kennedy wrote:
yes, the braille me from nbp is the exact same thing as the braille me
from innovision in India. When I bought mine, the dot quality was not
that good. and when you would shake it, it would sound like you are
shaking a box of hard candy or a box of marbles. The dots would not go
all the way down, and it felt like reading a mix of good braille and
badly erased braille. Unless this has changed? Also, some characters
that show up in braille or brf files and brl files from some braille
translation software would not even display on the braille me.






Re: Getting to chat messages during a call in Skype forWindows 10.

Sarah k Alawami
 

Aggreed  I do just that.

On September 11, 2018 01:40:17 "David Moore" <jesusloves1966@...> wrote:

Just keep NVDA in Brows mode, and use all of the navigation commands like on a web site!

I love Skype 8 for that reason.

It is much easier than tabbing in the Win10 app!

David Moore

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Lenron
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2018 4:19 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Getting to chat messages during a call in Skype forWindows 10.

 

It's not as bad as it seems. I use it pretty well hear the only thing

I am not a fan of is having to pull up the chat when in a call but it

can be done.

 

On 9/11/18, Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@...> wrote:

> Hmmm its quite confusing to me, I will look at it again then.

> On 9/11/2018 6:40 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

>> it's actually very easy to get to chat messages in Skype and

>> everything else. Use your quickness Keith such as S4 forms E4 edit

>> Boxes Etc. I can get around faster than I could ever with Skype 7. It

>> is a breeze and I've been using it for a job that uses Skype, in fact

>> I just talked to classes this week using Skype 8 for Windows. I've

>> been using the last client now for about 6 months and love it.

>> 

>> 

>> On September 10, 2018 23:14:29 "Felix G."

>> <constantlyvariable@...> wrote:

>> 

>>> I wonder why so many developers think tabbing around is our favorite

>>> mode of navigation. It's good for familiarizing ourselves with

>>> something, but as the only way of getting around it's inefficient. For

>>> any sighted dev lurking here, it's like having to click every button

>>> in between where focus is and where you'd like it to be. You would

>>> start hating it after some time. ;)

>>> Best,

>>> Felix

>>> Am Di., 11. Sep. 2018 um 02:11 Uhr schrieb John Isige <gwynn@...>:

>>>> 

>>>> Oh huh! Maybe I'll try that then. If you figure it out that would be

>>>> great but I kind of started using the app because I didn't think you

>>>> could use the desktop version after 7. The other big thing I don't like

>>>> about the app is that if I don't get to the notifications in time, like

>>>> if I'm away from the computer, it leaves this window up that just says

>>>> "new notification" and I can't get rid of it. So it kind of messes with

>>>> switching apps and stuff, or if I close an app instead of going

>>>> right to

>>>> the desktop I have to hit win-m because I'm in the new notification

>>>> window. Other than that it doesn't seem too bad, I have to open it if I

>>>> want to write longer messages but I've been dealing with that OK. Being

>>>> able to write shorter messages right from the notification is kind of

>>>> handy really.

>>>> 

>>>> 

>>>> On 9/10/2018 17:42, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:

>>>> > Hi

>>>> >

>>>> >

>>>> > Ok i have both on this computer but only using the skype 8.2 version

>>>> > which is the desk top version. I will log out of that one and have a

>>>> > look back in the other one to see.

>>>> >

>>>> >

>>>> > Gene nz

>>>> >

>>>> >

>>>> >

>>>> > On 11/09/2018 10:37 AM, John Isige wrote:

>>>> >> "Please note, this is Skype for Windows 10, not Skype 8." So

>>>> yeah, not

>>>> >> Skype 8.2, but the app version for Windows 10. I'm pretty sure

>>>> Windows

>>>> >> 10 won't let you run the not app version, at least the last time I

>>>> >> tried downloading and installing 8, it told me I'd have a better

>>>> >> experience if I installed from the Microsoft store and gave me an OK

>>>> >> button, and that's it. I could go back to 7 since they seem to be

>>>> >> keeping it around, but I'm really trying to get used to whatever

>>>> >> Microsoft wants me to use so I don't have to worry so much about

>>>> >> what's maybe being killed when and then oh no it turns out that was

>>>> >> wrong and so on.

>>>> >>

>>>> >>

>>>> >> On 9/10/2018 17:28, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:

>>>> >>> hi

>>>> >>>

>>>> >>>

>>>> >>> Is it the app version which is on windows 10? or the skype 8.2

>>>> desktop

>>>> >>> version?

>>>> >>>

>>>> >>>

>>>> >>> Gene nz

>>>> >>>

>>>> >>>

>>>> >>>

>>>> >>> On 11/09/2018 10:04 AM, John Isige wrote:

>>>> >>>> Hey all. Ran into something today for the first time. I was in

>>>> a call

>>>> >>>> with somebody and wanted to send them a link in a chat. Skype kept

>>>> >>>> telling me that call controls were shown. There was an option

>>>> to hide

>>>> >>>> the chat, but no way that I could tell to get into the area

>>>> where I

>>>> >>>> could type a message. Tabbing through the buttons there was an

>>>> area

>>>> >>>> where NVDA read nothing and I thought that might be it, but it

>>>> turned

>>>> >>>> out not to be. So how do I get to where I can type/send a link

>>>> in a

>>>> >>>> chat to the person I'm in a call with? I checked the hotkeys and I

>>>> >>>> don't see anything that immediately jumps out at me as relevant.

>>>> >>>> Please note, this is Skype for Windows 10, not Skype 8.

>>>> >>>>

>>>> >>>>

>>>> >>>> Funnily enough I was trying to send them a link to the NVDA basic

>>>> >>>> training. I ended up emailing them instead which was good

>>>> because I

>>>> >>>> sent them a bunch of other links too. Still, I'd like to know

>>>> how to

>>>> >>>> be able to do that when in a call. I assume it's possible.

>>>> There are

>>>> >>>> also other functions, e.g. sending a file, that I couldn't get to

>>>> >>>> either, e.g. with tab. The set of controls on the screen was

>>>> pretty

>>>> >>>> limited.

>>>> >>>>

>>>> >>>>

>>>> >>>>

>>>> >>>>

>>>> >>>

>>>> >>>

>>>> >>

>>>> >>

>>>> >>

>>>> >

>>>> >

>>>> >

>>>> 

>>>> 

>>>> 

>>>> 

>>> 

>>> 

>>> 

>> 

>> 

>> 

>> 

>> 

>> 

>

 

 

--

Lenron Brown

Cell: 985-271-2832

Skype: ron.brown762

 

 

 


Re: Getting to chat messages during a call in Skype forWindows 10.

 

Hmmm well before I try doing a job with it I will try to get used to this web skype interface.

On 9/11/2018 8:37 PM, David Moore wrote:
I really like Skype 8 for the same reason, because you can use all of the web navigation commands just like you are on a web site.
With Skype 8, you press E for edit, and you can type a message.
Press many other letters, and you can navigate around.
Do not turn off the virtual PC cursor. That is why you have to tab around.
If you leave the virtual PC cursor on, you can navigate just like on a web site.
David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Lenron
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2018 4:19 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Getting to chat messages during a call in Skype forWindows 10.

It's not as bad as it seems. I use it pretty well hear the only thing
I am not a fan of is having to pull up the chat when in a call but it
can be done.

On 9/11/18, Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@gmail.com> wrote:
Hmmm its quite confusing to me, I will look at it again then.



On 9/11/2018 6:40 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
it's actually very easy to get to chat messages in Skype and
everything else. Use your quickness Keith such as S4 forms E4 edit
Boxes Etc. I can get around faster than I could ever with Skype 7. It
is a breeze and I've been using it for a job that uses Skype, in fact
I just talked to classes this week using Skype 8 for Windows. I've
been using the last client now for about 6 months and love it.


On September 10, 2018 23:14:29 "Felix G."
<constantlyvariable@gmail.com> wrote:

I wonder why so many developers think tabbing around is our favorite
mode of navigation. It's good for familiarizing ourselves with
something, but as the only way of getting around it's inefficient. For
any sighted dev lurking here, it's like having to click every button
in between where focus is and where you'd like it to be. You would
start hating it after some time. ;)
Best,
Felix
Am Di., 11. Sep. 2018 um 02:11 Uhr schrieb John Isige <gwynn@tds.net>:
Oh huh! Maybe I'll try that then. If you figure it out that would be
great but I kind of started using the app because I didn't think you
could use the desktop version after 7. The other big thing I don't like
about the app is that if I don't get to the notifications in time, like
if I'm away from the computer, it leaves this window up that just says
"new notification" and I can't get rid of it. So it kind of messes with
switching apps and stuff, or if I close an app instead of going
right to
the desktop I have to hit win-m because I'm in the new notification
window. Other than that it doesn't seem too bad, I have to open it if I
want to write longer messages but I've been dealing with that OK. Being
able to write shorter messages right from the notification is kind of
handy really.


On 9/10/2018 17:42, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:
Hi


Ok i have both on this computer but only using the skype 8.2 version
which is the desk top version. I will log out of that one and have a
look back in the other one to see.


Gene nz



On 11/09/2018 10:37 AM, John Isige wrote:
"Please note, this is Skype for Windows 10, not Skype 8." So
yeah, not
Skype 8.2, but the app version for Windows 10. I'm pretty sure
Windows
10 won't let you run the not app version, at least the last time I
tried downloading and installing 8, it told me I'd have a better
experience if I installed from the Microsoft store and gave me an OK
button, and that's it. I could go back to 7 since they seem to be
keeping it around, but I'm really trying to get used to whatever
Microsoft wants me to use so I don't have to worry so much about
what's maybe being killed when and then oh no it turns out that was
wrong and so on.


On 9/10/2018 17:28, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:
hi


Is it the app version which is on windows 10? or the skype 8.2
desktop
version?


Gene nz



On 11/09/2018 10:04 AM, John Isige wrote:
Hey all. Ran into something today for the first time. I was in
a call
with somebody and wanted to send them a link in a chat. Skype kept
telling me that call controls were shown. There was an option
to hide
the chat, but no way that I could tell to get into the area
where I
could type a message. Tabbing through the buttons there was an
area
where NVDA read nothing and I thought that might be it, but it
turned
out not to be. So how do I get to where I can type/send a link
in a
chat to the person I'm in a call with? I checked the hotkeys and I
don't see anything that immediately jumps out at me as relevant.
Please note, this is Skype for Windows 10, not Skype 8.


Funnily enough I was trying to send them a link to the NVDA basic
training. I ended up emailing them instead which was good
because I
sent them a bunch of other links too. Still, I'd like to know
how to
be able to do that when in a call. I assume it's possible.
There are
also other functions, e.g. sending a file, that I couldn't get to
either, e.g. with tab. The set of controls on the screen was
pretty
limited.









Re: Getting to chat messages during a call in Skype forWindows 10.

David Moore
 

Just keep NVDA in Brows mode, and use all of the navigation commands like on a web site!

I love Skype 8 for that reason.

It is much easier than tabbing in the Win10 app!

David Moore

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Lenron
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2018 4:19 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Getting to chat messages during a call in Skype forWindows 10.

 

It's not as bad as it seems. I use it pretty well hear the only thing

I am not a fan of is having to pull up the chat when in a call but it

can be done.

 

On 9/11/18, Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@...> wrote:

> Hmmm its quite confusing to me, I will look at it again then.

> On 9/11/2018 6:40 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

>> it's actually very easy to get to chat messages in Skype and

>> everything else. Use your quickness Keith such as S4 forms E4 edit

>> Boxes Etc. I can get around faster than I could ever with Skype 7. It

>> is a breeze and I've been using it for a job that uses Skype, in fact

>> I just talked to classes this week using Skype 8 for Windows. I've

>> been using the last client now for about 6 months and love it.

>> 

>> 

>> On September 10, 2018 23:14:29 "Felix G."

>> <constantlyvariable@...> wrote:

>> 

>>> I wonder why so many developers think tabbing around is our favorite

>>> mode of navigation. It's good for familiarizing ourselves with

>>> something, but as the only way of getting around it's inefficient. For

>>> any sighted dev lurking here, it's like having to click every button

>>> in between where focus is and where you'd like it to be. You would

>>> start hating it after some time. ;)

>>> Best,

>>> Felix

>>> Am Di., 11. Sep. 2018 um 02:11 Uhr schrieb John Isige <gwynn@...>:

>>>> 

>>>> Oh huh! Maybe I'll try that then. If you figure it out that would be

>>>> great but I kind of started using the app because I didn't think you

>>>> could use the desktop version after 7. The other big thing I don't like

>>>> about the app is that if I don't get to the notifications in time, like

>>>> if I'm away from the computer, it leaves this window up that just says

>>>> "new notification" and I can't get rid of it. So it kind of messes with

>>>> switching apps and stuff, or if I close an app instead of going

>>>> right to

>>>> the desktop I have to hit win-m because I'm in the new notification

>>>> window. Other than that it doesn't seem too bad, I have to open it if I

>>>> want to write longer messages but I've been dealing with that OK. Being

>>>> able to write shorter messages right from the notification is kind of

>>>> handy really.

>>>> 

>>>> 

>>>> On 9/10/2018 17:42, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:

>>>> > Hi

>>>> >

>>>> >

>>>> > Ok i have both on this computer but only using the skype 8.2 version

>>>> > which is the desk top version. I will log out of that one and have a

>>>> > look back in the other one to see.

>>>> >

>>>> >

>>>> > Gene nz

>>>> >

>>>> >

>>>> >

>>>> > On 11/09/2018 10:37 AM, John Isige wrote:

>>>> >> "Please note, this is Skype for Windows 10, not Skype 8." So

>>>> yeah, not

>>>> >> Skype 8.2, but the app version for Windows 10. I'm pretty sure

>>>> Windows

>>>> >> 10 won't let you run the not app version, at least the last time I

>>>> >> tried downloading and installing 8, it told me I'd have a better

>>>> >> experience if I installed from the Microsoft store and gave me an OK

>>>> >> button, and that's it. I could go back to 7 since they seem to be

>>>> >> keeping it around, but I'm really trying to get used to whatever

>>>> >> Microsoft wants me to use so I don't have to worry so much about

>>>> >> what's maybe being killed when and then oh no it turns out that was

>>>> >> wrong and so on.

>>>> >>

>>>> >>

>>>> >> On 9/10/2018 17:28, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:

>>>> >>> hi

>>>> >>>

>>>> >>>

>>>> >>> Is it the app version which is on windows 10? or the skype 8.2

>>>> desktop

>>>> >>> version?

>>>> >>>

>>>> >>>

>>>> >>> Gene nz

>>>> >>>

>>>> >>>

>>>> >>>

>>>> >>> On 11/09/2018 10:04 AM, John Isige wrote:

>>>> >>>> Hey all. Ran into something today for the first time. I was in

>>>> a call

>>>> >>>> with somebody and wanted to send them a link in a chat. Skype kept

>>>> >>>> telling me that call controls were shown. There was an option

>>>> to hide

>>>> >>>> the chat, but no way that I could tell to get into the area

>>>> where I

>>>> >>>> could type a message. Tabbing through the buttons there was an

>>>> area

>>>> >>>> where NVDA read nothing and I thought that might be it, but it

>>>> turned

>>>> >>>> out not to be. So how do I get to where I can type/send a link

>>>> in a

>>>> >>>> chat to the person I'm in a call with? I checked the hotkeys and I

>>>> >>>> don't see anything that immediately jumps out at me as relevant.

>>>> >>>> Please note, this is Skype for Windows 10, not Skype 8.

>>>> >>>>

>>>> >>>>

>>>> >>>> Funnily enough I was trying to send them a link to the NVDA basic

>>>> >>>> training. I ended up emailing them instead which was good

>>>> because I

>>>> >>>> sent them a bunch of other links too. Still, I'd like to know

>>>> how to

>>>> >>>> be able to do that when in a call. I assume it's possible.

>>>> There are

>>>> >>>> also other functions, e.g. sending a file, that I couldn't get to

>>>> >>>> either, e.g. with tab. The set of controls on the screen was

>>>> pretty

>>>> >>>> limited.

>>>> >>>>

>>>> >>>>

>>>> >>>>

>>>> >>>>

>>>> >>>

>>>> >>>

>>>> >>

>>>> >>

>>>> >>

>>>> >

>>>> >

>>>> >

>>>> 

>>>> 

>>>> 

>>>> 

>>> 

>>> 

>>> 

>> 

>> 

>> 

>> 

>> 

>> 

>

 

 

--

Lenron Brown

Cell: 985-271-2832

Skype: ron.brown762

 

 

 


Re: Getting to chat messages during a call in Skype forWindows 10.

David Moore
 

I really like Skype 8 for the same reason, because you can use all of the web navigation commands just like you are on a web site.

With Skype 8, you press E for edit, and you can type a message.

Press many other letters, and you can navigate around.

Do not turn off the virtual PC cursor. That is why you have to tab around.

If you leave the virtual PC cursor on, you can navigate just like on a web site.

David Moore

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Lenron
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2018 4:19 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Getting to chat messages during a call in Skype forWindows 10.

 

It's not as bad as it seems. I use it pretty well hear the only thing

I am not a fan of is having to pull up the chat when in a call but it

can be done.

 

On 9/11/18, Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@...> wrote:

> Hmmm its quite confusing to me, I will look at it again then.

> On 9/11/2018 6:40 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

>> it's actually very easy to get to chat messages in Skype and

>> everything else. Use your quickness Keith such as S4 forms E4 edit

>> Boxes Etc. I can get around faster than I could ever with Skype 7. It

>> is a breeze and I've been using it for a job that uses Skype, in fact

>> I just talked to classes this week using Skype 8 for Windows. I've

>> been using the last client now for about 6 months and love it.

>> 

>> 

>> On September 10, 2018 23:14:29 "Felix G."

>> <constantlyvariable@...> wrote:

>> 

>>> I wonder why so many developers think tabbing around is our favorite

>>> mode of navigation. It's good for familiarizing ourselves with

>>> something, but as the only way of getting around it's inefficient. For

>>> any sighted dev lurking here, it's like having to click every button

>>> in between where focus is and where you'd like it to be. You would

>>> start hating it after some time. ;)

>>> Best,

>>> Felix

>>> Am Di., 11. Sep. 2018 um 02:11 Uhr schrieb John Isige <gwynn@...>:

>>>> 

>>>> Oh huh! Maybe I'll try that then. If you figure it out that would be

>>>> great but I kind of started using the app because I didn't think you

>>>> could use the desktop version after 7. The other big thing I don't like

>>>> about the app is that if I don't get to the notifications in time, like

>>>> if I'm away from the computer, it leaves this window up that just says

>>>> "new notification" and I can't get rid of it. So it kind of messes with

>>>> switching apps and stuff, or if I close an app instead of going

>>>> right to

>>>> the desktop I have to hit win-m because I'm in the new notification

>>>> window. Other than that it doesn't seem too bad, I have to open it if I

>>>> want to write longer messages but I've been dealing with that OK. Being

>>>> able to write shorter messages right from the notification is kind of

>>>> handy really.

>>>> 

>>>> 

>>>> On 9/10/2018 17:42, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:

>>>> > Hi

>>>> >

>>>> >

>>>> > Ok i have both on this computer but only using the skype 8.2 version

>>>> > which is the desk top version. I will log out of that one and have a

>>>> > look back in the other one to see.

>>>> >

>>>> >

>>>> > Gene nz

>>>> >

>>>> >

>>>> >

>>>> > On 11/09/2018 10:37 AM, John Isige wrote:

>>>> >> "Please note, this is Skype for Windows 10, not Skype 8." So

>>>> yeah, not

>>>> >> Skype 8.2, but the app version for Windows 10. I'm pretty sure

>>>> Windows

>>>> >> 10 won't let you run the not app version, at least the last time I

>>>> >> tried downloading and installing 8, it told me I'd have a better

>>>> >> experience if I installed from the Microsoft store and gave me an OK

>>>> >> button, and that's it. I could go back to 7 since they seem to be

>>>> >> keeping it around, but I'm really trying to get used to whatever

>>>> >> Microsoft wants me to use so I don't have to worry so much about

>>>> >> what's maybe being killed when and then oh no it turns out that was

>>>> >> wrong and so on.

>>>> >>

>>>> >>

>>>> >> On 9/10/2018 17:28, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:

>>>> >>> hi

>>>> >>>

>>>> >>>

>>>> >>> Is it the app version which is on windows 10? or the skype 8.2

>>>> desktop

>>>> >>> version?

>>>> >>>

>>>> >>>

>>>> >>> Gene nz

>>>> >>>

>>>> >>>

>>>> >>>

>>>> >>> On 11/09/2018 10:04 AM, John Isige wrote:

>>>> >>>> Hey all. Ran into something today for the first time. I was in

>>>> a call

>>>> >>>> with somebody and wanted to send them a link in a chat. Skype kept

>>>> >>>> telling me that call controls were shown. There was an option

>>>> to hide

>>>> >>>> the chat, but no way that I could tell to get into the area

>>>> where I

>>>> >>>> could type a message. Tabbing through the buttons there was an

>>>> area

>>>> >>>> where NVDA read nothing and I thought that might be it, but it

>>>> turned

>>>> >>>> out not to be. So how do I get to where I can type/send a link

>>>> in a

>>>> >>>> chat to the person I'm in a call with? I checked the hotkeys and I

>>>> >>>> don't see anything that immediately jumps out at me as relevant.

>>>> >>>> Please note, this is Skype for Windows 10, not Skype 8.

>>>> >>>>

>>>> >>>>

>>>> >>>> Funnily enough I was trying to send them a link to the NVDA basic

>>>> >>>> training. I ended up emailing them instead which was good

>>>> because I

>>>> >>>> sent them a bunch of other links too. Still, I'd like to know

>>>> how to

>>>> >>>> be able to do that when in a call. I assume it's possible.

>>>> There are

>>>> >>>> also other functions, e.g. sending a file, that I couldn't get to

>>>> >>>> either, e.g. with tab. The set of controls on the screen was

>>>> pretty

>>>> >>>> limited.

>>>> >>>>

>>>> >>>>

>>>> >>>>

>>>> >>>>

>>>> >>>

>>>> >>>

>>>> >>

>>>> >>

>>>> >>

>>>> >

>>>> >

>>>> >

>>>> 

>>>> 

>>>> 

>>>> 

>>> 

>>> 

>>> 

>> 

>> 

>> 

>> 

>> 

>> 

>

 

 

--

Lenron Brown

Cell: 985-271-2832

Skype: ron.brown762

 

 

 


Re: Getting to chat messages during a call in Skype for Windows 10.

Lenron
 

It's not as bad as it seems. I use it pretty well hear the only thing
I am not a fan of is having to pull up the chat when in a call but it
can be done.

On 9/11/18, Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@gmail.com> wrote:
Hmmm its quite confusing to me, I will look at it again then.



On 9/11/2018 6:40 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
it's actually very easy to get to chat messages in Skype and
everything else. Use your quickness Keith such as S4 forms E4 edit
Boxes Etc. I can get around faster than I could ever with Skype 7. It
is a breeze and I've been using it for a job that uses Skype, in fact
I just talked to classes this week using Skype 8 for Windows. I've
been using the last client now for about 6 months and love it.


On September 10, 2018 23:14:29 "Felix G."
<constantlyvariable@gmail.com> wrote:

I wonder why so many developers think tabbing around is our favorite
mode of navigation. It's good for familiarizing ourselves with
something, but as the only way of getting around it's inefficient. For
any sighted dev lurking here, it's like having to click every button
in between where focus is and where you'd like it to be. You would
start hating it after some time. ;)
Best,
Felix
Am Di., 11. Sep. 2018 um 02:11 Uhr schrieb John Isige <gwynn@tds.net>:

Oh huh! Maybe I'll try that then. If you figure it out that would be
great but I kind of started using the app because I didn't think you
could use the desktop version after 7. The other big thing I don't like
about the app is that if I don't get to the notifications in time, like
if I'm away from the computer, it leaves this window up that just says
"new notification" and I can't get rid of it. So it kind of messes with
switching apps and stuff, or if I close an app instead of going
right to
the desktop I have to hit win-m because I'm in the new notification
window. Other than that it doesn't seem too bad, I have to open it if I
want to write longer messages but I've been dealing with that OK. Being
able to write shorter messages right from the notification is kind of
handy really.


On 9/10/2018 17:42, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:
Hi


Ok i have both on this computer but only using the skype 8.2 version
which is the desk top version. I will log out of that one and have a
look back in the other one to see.


Gene nz



On 11/09/2018 10:37 AM, John Isige wrote:
"Please note, this is Skype for Windows 10, not Skype 8." So
yeah, not
Skype 8.2, but the app version for Windows 10. I'm pretty sure
Windows
10 won't let you run the not app version, at least the last time I
tried downloading and installing 8, it told me I'd have a better
experience if I installed from the Microsoft store and gave me an OK
button, and that's it. I could go back to 7 since they seem to be
keeping it around, but I'm really trying to get used to whatever
Microsoft wants me to use so I don't have to worry so much about
what's maybe being killed when and then oh no it turns out that was
wrong and so on.


On 9/10/2018 17:28, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:
hi


Is it the app version which is on windows 10? or the skype 8.2
desktop
version?


Gene nz



On 11/09/2018 10:04 AM, John Isige wrote:
Hey all. Ran into something today for the first time. I was in
a call
with somebody and wanted to send them a link in a chat. Skype kept
telling me that call controls were shown. There was an option
to hide
the chat, but no way that I could tell to get into the area
where I
could type a message. Tabbing through the buttons there was an
area
where NVDA read nothing and I thought that might be it, but it
turned
out not to be. So how do I get to where I can type/send a link
in a
chat to the person I'm in a call with? I checked the hotkeys and I
don't see anything that immediately jumps out at me as relevant.
Please note, this is Skype for Windows 10, not Skype 8.


Funnily enough I was trying to send them a link to the NVDA basic
training. I ended up emailing them instead which was good
because I
sent them a bunch of other links too. Still, I'd like to know
how to
be able to do that when in a call. I assume it's possible.
There are
also other functions, e.g. sending a file, that I couldn't get to
either, e.g. with tab. The set of controls on the screen was
pretty
limited.














--
Lenron Brown
Cell: 985-271-2832
Skype: ron.brown762


Brian - Portable copy of NVDA not working on laptop

Nancy Shackelford
 

I have a sighted friend who I'm sure can help me. I can give her
instructions on where to go and what to do. She's pretty good at
following instructions, so I think this will be successful. No, no
smart phone, only computer. I need to take the plunge and get some
type of cell phone.

Nance

On 9/10/18, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
<bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
What a plonker as we would say over here. That is a silly way to do it.

It will need re enabling then a system restart, but as you say its an issue.

I do not suppose you have a smart phone with be my eyes on it do you?
Obviously the well heeled person can call aira and get a paid person to
look as you are looking. Its better than nothing.
Brian
--
Nancy Shackelford --Walk On Faith And Trust In Love - Michael Reid--


Re: Getting to chat messages during a call in Skype for Windows 10.

 

Hmmm its quite confusing to me, I will look at it again then.

On 9/11/2018 6:40 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
it's actually very easy to get to chat messages in Skype and everything else. Use your quickness Keith such as S4 forms E4 edit Boxes Etc. I can get around faster than I could ever with Skype 7. It is a breeze and I've been using it for a job that uses Skype, in fact I just talked to classes this week using Skype 8 for Windows. I've been using the last client now for about 6 months and love it.


On September 10, 2018 23:14:29 "Felix G." <constantlyvariable@gmail.com> wrote:

I wonder why so many developers think tabbing around is our favorite
mode of navigation. It's good for familiarizing ourselves with
something, but as the only way of getting around it's inefficient. For
any sighted dev lurking here, it's like having to click every button
in between where focus is and where you'd like it to be. You would
start hating it after some time. ;)
Best,
Felix
Am Di., 11. Sep. 2018 um 02:11 Uhr schrieb John Isige <gwynn@tds.net>:

Oh huh! Maybe I'll try that then. If you figure it out that would be
great but I kind of started using the app because I didn't think you
could use the desktop version after 7. The other big thing I don't like
about the app is that if I don't get to the notifications in time, like
if I'm away from the computer, it leaves this window up that just says
"new notification" and I can't get rid of it. So it kind of messes with
switching apps and stuff, or if I close an app instead of going right to
the desktop I have to hit win-m because I'm in the new notification
window. Other than that it doesn't seem too bad, I have to open it if I
want to write longer messages but I've been dealing with that OK. Being
able to write shorter messages right from the notification is kind of
handy really.


On 9/10/2018 17:42, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:
Hi


Ok i have both on this computer but only using the skype 8.2 version
which is the desk top version. I will log out of that one and have a
look back in the other one to see.


Gene nz



On 11/09/2018 10:37 AM, John Isige wrote:
"Please note, this is Skype for Windows 10, not Skype 8." So
yeah, not
Skype 8.2, but the app version for Windows 10. I'm pretty sure
Windows
10 won't let you run the not app version, at least the last time I
tried downloading and installing 8, it told me I'd have a better
experience if I installed from the Microsoft store and gave me an OK
button, and that's it. I could go back to 7 since they seem to be
keeping it around, but I'm really trying to get used to whatever
Microsoft wants me to use so I don't have to worry so much about
what's maybe being killed when and then oh no it turns out that was
wrong and so on.


On 9/10/2018 17:28, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:
hi


Is it the app version which is on windows 10? or the skype 8.2
desktop
version?


Gene nz



On 11/09/2018 10:04 AM, John Isige wrote:
Hey all. Ran into something today for the first time. I was in
a call
with somebody and wanted to send them a link in a chat. Skype kept
telling me that call controls were shown. There was an option
to hide
the chat, but no way that I could tell to get into the area
where I
could type a message. Tabbing through the buttons there was an
area
where NVDA read nothing and I thought that might be it, but it
turned
out not to be. So how do I get to where I can type/send a link
in a
chat to the person I'm in a call with? I checked the hotkeys and I
don't see anything that immediately jumps out at me as relevant.
Please note, this is Skype for Windows 10, not Skype 8.


Funnily enough I was trying to send them a link to the NVDA basic
training. I ended up emailing them instead which was good
because I
sent them a bunch of other links too. Still, I'd like to know
how to
be able to do that when in a call. I assume it's possible.
There are
also other functions, e.g. sending a file, that I couldn't get to
either, e.g. with tab. The set of controls on the screen was
pretty
limited.