Date   

Re: Free, accessible TV software

 

Well I wouldn't trust some of that software.

Try installing cyberlink media suite from win7 on your win10 system so your cd drive will work with the system, pritty quickly you will find that its not compatible though it will install, but on restart you won't have any cd driver access.

I had to reset the system to get cd driver access back, I was doing a reload of the workstation here a few months back and it kept happening, I tried 5 times, and each time had to reformat to get windows to work again.

After 10 resets and 5 more reformats I had to put the cds in the bin and just do without them.

On 8/2/2018 5:42 PM, Stephen wrote:
Screen reader wise, I don't think it's the card itself you need to worry about, but what you do need to be concerned about is the default software that comes with the card, in my case, it was a piece of software called ArcSoft Total media.  It does not work with screen readers at all.
Luckily, you can use your own DVR solution, such as NextPVR.
At 01:22 PM 8/2/2018, you wrote:
Hi what USB TV tuner card do you have and can you get cable TV on it as well?

Where can you purchase this TV tuner card that you have and how well does it work with Jaws or NVDA?




On 8/1/2018 8:01 PM, Stephen wrote:
I use a program called NextPVR with my USB TV tuner card.
It is very good, and it has a web interface that you can use to schedule your recordings, then you can use whatever media player you are comfortable with to play your recordings.
The setup process is very accessible.
At 04:38 AM 8/2/2018, you wrote:

Sorry this does not exist in WIN 10. I suggest a simple HD antenna on a good ole HD TV. I know there is a piece of Software called Chris TV, but don't know if it works with NVDA or how it works in general. Do a web search on said software.
Sent from <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>Mail for Windows 10


----------
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of Walker, Michael E <michael.e.walker3@boeing.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 1, 2018 2:31:08 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Free, accessible TV software

Does Windows 10 not have Windows Media Center? Have you tried going to the start menu and typing Windows Media Center into the search? Maybe they call it something different in Windows 10, or have a replacement program built in for it. If you are still not sure what to do, try a Google search for Windows 10 Media Center, and it should tell you what is the new toy on the market. Sorry, I do not keep up with this stuff adequately. I just look at what I need, and learn about a new app, as I go along. I mostly use iTunes, e-mail, and the web.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [<mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of bob jutzi
Sent: Wednesday, August 1, 2018 1:26 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Free, accessible TV software

Sorry, I should have indicated TV Tuning software for use with a TV tuner adapter such as can be done using Windows Media Center under Windows 7.

On 8/1/2018 2:19 PM, Walker, Michael E wrote:
Could you provide more context on what you mean by watching TV? I
typically just go to Netflix.com in Firefox, log in, search for the
movie I want, and add it to my list, or play. You should see if what
is built into Windows 10 will work, if you need something else.
Going
back to Windows 7 to watch TV is not acceptable. That tells people
developing for Windows 10 that it is okay for their software to
be inaccessible.

Mike

*From:*nvda@nvda.groups.io
[<mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] *On Behalf Of
*bob jutzi
*Sent:* Wednesday, August 1, 2018 12:56 PM
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io
*Subject:* [nvda] Free, accessible TV software

Anyone know of Win10 software for watching TV which works with NVDA?

If needed, I could revert back to Windows7 on my other system but if
possible, want this as a last resort.







--

Casey





Re: NVDA doesn't alt tab anymore, why?

Lisa P Geibel
 

Hi,

Sorry for cluttering the list with that question. I had just woken up and was very startled as life without alt tabbing would be horrid, but PTL, a restart fixed it all. Thanks and sorry again.


Re: NVDA doesn't alt tab anymore, why?

Chris
 

If you get an oddity like this , the first thing to try is a restart of windows to see if this fixes the issue, it is unlikely to be anything to do with nvda

 

 

From: Lisa P Geibel
Sent: 02 August 2018 06:44
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA doesn't alt tab anymore, why?

 

Hi,

 

Disturbingly, I woke this morning to discover that I can no longer alt

tab to get from window to window on the computer. Did something happen

or has anyone else experienced this? Any help would be greatly

appreciated. We're using the latest NVDA build along with the latest

Windows 10 build on a Lenovo computer if any of that helps.

 

 

 

 


NVDA doesn't alt tab anymore, why?

Lisa P Geibel
 

Hi,

Disturbingly, I woke this morning to discover that I can no longer alt tab to get from window to window on the computer. Did something happen or has anyone else experienced this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. We're using the latest NVDA build along with the latest Windows 10 build on a Lenovo computer if any of that helps.


Re: Free, accessible TV software

Stephen
 

Screen reader wise, I don't think it's the card itself you need to worry about, but what you do need to be concerned about is the default software that comes with the card, in my case, it was a piece of software called ArcSoft Total media. It does not work with screen readers at all.
Luckily, you can use your own DVR solution, such as NextPVR.

At 01:22 PM 8/2/2018, you wrote:
Hi what USB TV tuner card do you have and can you get cable TV on it as well?

Where can you purchase this TV tuner card that you have and how well does it work with Jaws or NVDA?




On 8/1/2018 8:01 PM, Stephen wrote:
I use a program called NextPVR with my USB TV tuner card.
It is very good, and it has a web interface that you can use to schedule your recordings, then you can use whatever media player you are comfortable with to play your recordings.
The setup process is very accessible.
At 04:38 AM 8/2/2018, you wrote:

Sorry this does not exist in WIN 10. I suggest a simple HD antenna on a good ole HD TV. I know there is a piece of Software called Chris TV, but don't know if it works with NVDA or how it works in general. Do a web search on said software.
Sent from <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>Mail for Windows 10


----------
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of Walker, Michael E <michael.e.walker3@boeing.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 1, 2018 2:31:08 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Free, accessible TV software

Does Windows 10 not have Windows Media Center? Have you tried going to the start menu and typing Windows Media Center into the search? Maybe they call it something different in Windows 10, or have a replacement program built in for it. If you are still not sure what to do, try a Google search for Windows 10 Media Center, and it should tell you what is the new toy on the market. Sorry, I do not keep up with this stuff adequately. I just look at what I need, and learn about a new app, as I go along. I mostly use iTunes, e-mail, and the web.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [<mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of bob jutzi
Sent: Wednesday, August 1, 2018 1:26 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Free, accessible TV software

Sorry, I should have indicated TV Tuning software for use with a TV tuner adapter such as can be done using Windows Media Center under Windows 7.

On 8/1/2018 2:19 PM, Walker, Michael E wrote:
Could you provide more context on what you mean by watching TV? I
typically just go to Netflix.com in Firefox, log in, search for the
movie I want, and add it to my list, or play. You should see if what
is built into Windows 10 will work, if you need something else. Going
back to Windows 7 to watch TV is not acceptable. That tells people
developing for Windows 10 that it is okay for their software to
be inaccessible.

Mike

*From:*nvda@nvda.groups.io
[<mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] *On Behalf Of
*bob jutzi
*Sent:* Wednesday, August 1, 2018 12:56 PM
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io
*Subject:* [nvda] Free, accessible TV software

Anyone know of Win10 software for watching TV which works with NVDA?

If needed, I could revert back to Windows7 on my other system but if
possible, want this as a last resort.







--

Casey



Re: Free, accessible TV software

Stephen
 

I think any digital TV USB card will work with it, but for the record, I'm using a Kaiser baas TV stick.
I know next to nothing about cable TV though, sorry.

At 11:06 AM 8/2/2018, you wrote:
what usb tv card u using?


On 8/1/2018 6:01 PM, Stephen wrote:
I use a program called NextPVR with my USB TV tuner card.
It is very good, and it has a web interface that you can use to schedule your recordings, then you can use whatever media player you are comfortable with to play your recordings.
The setup process is very accessible.
At 04:38 AM 8/2/2018, you wrote:

Sorry this does not exist in WIN 10. I suggest a simple HD antenna on a good ole HD TV. I know there is a piece of Software called Chris TV, but don't know if it works with NVDA or how it works in general. Do a web search on said software.
Sent from <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>Mail for Windows 10


----------
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of Walker, Michael E <michael.e.walker3@boeing.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 1, 2018 2:31:08 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Free, accessible TV software

Does Windows 10 not have Windows Media Center? Have you tried going to the start menu and typing Windows Media Center into the search? Maybe they call it something different in Windows 10, or have a replacement program built in for it. If you are still not sure what to do, try a Google search for Windows 10 Media Center, and it should tell you what is the new toy on the market. Sorry, I do not keep up with this stuff adequately. I just look at what I need, and learn about a new app, as I go along. I mostly use iTunes, e-mail, and the web.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [<mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of bob jutzi
Sent: Wednesday, August 1, 2018 1:26 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Free, accessible TV software

Sorry, I should have indicated TV Tuning software for use with a TV tuner adapter such as can be done using Windows Media Center under Windows 7.

On 8/1/2018 2:19 PM, Walker, Michael E wrote:
Could you provide more context on what you mean by watching TV? I
typically just go to Netflix.com in Firefox, log in, search for the
movie I want, and add it to my list, or play. You should see if what
is built into Windows 10 will work, if you need something else. Going
back to Windows 7 to watch TV is not acceptable. That tells people
developing for Windows 10 that it is okay for their software to
be inaccessible.

Mike

*From:*nvda@nvda.groups.io
[<mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] *On Behalf Of
*bob jutzi
*Sent:* Wednesday, August 1, 2018 12:56 PM
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io
*Subject:* [nvda] Free, accessible TV software

Anyone know of Win10 software for watching TV which works with NVDA?

If needed, I could revert back to Windows7 on my other system but if
possible, want this as a last resort.







--
check out my song on youtube
https://youtu.be/YeWgx2LRu7Y



Re: Trouble with Weather Add-in

Debra Gardner
 

   I realize that I have another problem.  I uninstalled and earlier version  of Weather plus and now don't know for the life of me how to install weather plus 4.7.  It says to look for a package that has NVDA on it, but I can't find anything.  I downloaded and unzipped it and I can't find any package saying it and NVDa-addon  I read how to install the addon butfirst you have to find it!
 
 

Sent: Wednesday, August 1, 2018 5:32 PM
Subject: [nvda] Trouble with Weather Add-in

        
    Hi:
 
For a number of years now, I have been having trouble with the weather Add-in.  It tells me that I am not on line, therefore it cannot look up my Zip Code.  I am using Windows 10 64-bitg.  I think I first got it to work when I was using either windows 7 or 8, but haven't gotten it to work since Windows 10.  Any ideas.  I'm using the latest version.  I don't know why it would think I am not online.
 


nvda] Vocalizer expressive for NVDA and app store

Chris Shook <chris0309@...>
 

Hi,
I've heard a rumor that NVDA is now on the Microsoft store. Is this true?
ALso, has Tifloteknia come out with the new Vocalizer voices yet?
Thanks
Chris


Re: nvda and microsoft word

 

I found a faster way of doing this is to hit F6 and cycle through until it mentions protected view… And then choose unprotect.

Melissa

On Aug 1, 2018, at 5:30 PM, Abbie Taylor <abbietaylor945@...> wrote:

I'm not sure how you're un-protecting the document, but whenever I get one of those protected documents in Microsoft Word, I press Control plus S. I then get a dialog telling me that I need to enable saving. I press Tab until I get to the button for that option and press Enter. Then, the document works as it should. You might try this. Good luck.


Re: Free, accessible TV software

Casey <cwollner@...>
 

Hi what USB TV tuner card do you have and can you get cable TV on it as well?

Where can you purchase this TV tuner card that you have and how well does it work with Jaws or NVDA?

On 8/1/2018 8:01 PM, Stephen wrote:
I use a program called NextPVR with my USB TV tuner card.
It is very good, and it has a web interface that you can use to schedule your recordings, then you can use whatever media player you are comfortable with to play your recordings.
The setup process is very accessible.
At 04:38 AM 8/2/2018, you wrote:

Sorry this does not exist in WIN 10. I suggest a simple HD antenna on a good ole HD TV. I know there is a piece of Software called Chris TV, but don't know if it works with NVDA or how it works in general. Do a web search on said software.
Sent from <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>Mail for Windows 10


----------
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of Walker, Michael E <michael.e.walker3@boeing.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 1, 2018 2:31:08 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Free, accessible TV software

Does Windows 10 not have Windows Media Center? Have you tried going to the start menu and typing Windows Media Center into the search? Maybe they call it something different in Windows 10, or have a replacement program built in for it. If you are still not sure what to do, try a Google search for Windows 10 Media Center, and it should tell you what is the new toy on the market. Sorry, I do not keep up with this stuff adequately. I just look at what I need, and learn about a new app, as I go along. I mostly use iTunes, e-mail, and the web.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [<mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of bob jutzi
Sent: Wednesday, August 1, 2018 1:26 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Free, accessible TV software

Sorry, I should have indicated TV Tuning software for use with a TV tuner adapter such as can be done using Windows Media Center under Windows 7.

On 8/1/2018 2:19 PM, Walker, Michael E wrote:
Could you provide more context on what you mean by watching TV? I
typically just go to Netflix.com in Firefox, log in, search for the
movie I want, and add it to my list, or play. You should see if what
is built into Windows 10 will work, if you need something else. Going
back to Windows 7 to watch TV is not acceptable. That tells people
developing for Windows 10 that it is okay for their software to be
inaccessible.

Mike

*From:*nvda@nvda.groups.io
[<mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] *On Behalf Of
*bob jutzi
*Sent:* Wednesday, August 1, 2018 12:56 PM
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io
*Subject:* [nvda] Free, accessible TV software

Anyone know of Win10 software for watching TV which works with NVDA?

If needed, I could revert back to Windows7 on my other system but if
possible, want this as a last resort.









--

Casey


Re: nvda and microsoft word

Lisa-Maree
 

Hi,
Thanks for all the replies, ideas and help.

I have windows 10 on both my laptop and desktop, with NVDA 2018.2.1 and word 2013.

This is what I have achieved so far.

Firstly, this is an assessment work book for my course, which you have to fill in to have your assessment done, so you have edit boxes and some combo boxes. So far I have managed to get the document to read fairly well on my laptop, but not my desktop, which is just weird since they both run the same setup. In reading mode of word I can read the document and it will show me the edit boxes and combo boxes, some of which are set out in tables. To fill them in I need to put word into print layout view in order to write in edit boxes, or choose combo box type answers. A little fiddly, but probably not impossible :). In prin layout mode it will default to reading the edit or combo box, so using the key combination to read tables is how you read the label for each thing. Ok, so it's not perfect, and probably should read better, but the fact that it does read, and can be used is definitely a plus :).

On the desktop, the edit boxes and combo boxes do not speak, but there is NVDA plus H which will give focus to those boxes, and tell you to type here. Work arounds yes, and if anyone has any more ideas tips or suggestions on this, I know it's a little complicated, please let me know. I'm sure there's something I probably haven't tried yet :).

Lisa-Maree

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Cearbhall O'Meadhra
Sent: Wednesday, 1 August 2018 12:00 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] nvda and microsoft word

Hi Lisa,

I would like to try to help with this, if I can!

Can you say what version of Word you are using, What version of Windows and the version of NVDA that you are using? This will set the grounds for investigation

I use Word 2016 with the latest NVDA (version 2018.2.1) and windows 10.

I often get word files as attachments to emails and Windows always puts them into protected mode (this is the default action). When I unprotect them, I can read them fine. That is why I would ask you to describe your actions step by step from the point of opening the word file, how you unprotect it. Tell us what you expect to find in the document and what you are not hearing after that.


All the best,

Cearbhall

m +353 (0)833323487 Ph: _353 (0)1-2864623 e: cearbhall.omeadhra@blbc.ie


-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Lisa-Maree
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2018 1:30 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] nvda and microsoft word

Hello,
I have a Microsoft word issue I could do with some ideas on if anyone has any.

I have a document I can read fine with NVDA in protected view mode, but when I take protected view mode off to edit it, NVDA stops being able to read it properly. Run out of things to try.

Any ideas? [smile].

Lisa-Maree


Re: Free, accessible TV software

 

what usb tv card u using?

On 8/1/2018 6:01 PM, Stephen wrote:
I use a program called NextPVR with my USB TV tuner card.
It is very good, and it has a web interface that you can use to schedule your recordings, then you can use whatever media player you are comfortable with to play your recordings.
The setup process is very accessible.
At 04:38 AM 8/2/2018, you wrote:

Sorry this does not exist in WIN 10. I suggest a simple HD antenna on a good ole HD TV. I know there is a piece of Software called Chris TV, but don't know if it works with NVDA or how it works in general. Do a web search on said software.
Sent from <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>Mail for Windows 10


----------
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of Walker, Michael E <michael.e.walker3@boeing.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 1, 2018 2:31:08 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Free, accessible TV software

Does Windows 10 not have Windows Media Center? Have you tried going to the start menu and typing Windows Media Center into the search? Maybe they call it something different in Windows 10, or have a replacement program built in for it. If you are still not sure what to do, try a Google search for Windows 10 Media Center, and it should tell you what is the new toy on the market. Sorry, I do not keep up with this stuff adequately. I just look at what I need, and learn about a new app, as I go along. I mostly use iTunes, e-mail, and the web.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [<mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of bob jutzi
Sent: Wednesday, August 1, 2018 1:26 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Free, accessible TV software

Sorry, I should have indicated TV Tuning software for use with a TV tuner adapter such as can be done using Windows Media Center under Windows 7.

On 8/1/2018 2:19 PM, Walker, Michael E wrote:
Could you provide more context on what you mean by watching TV? I
typically just go to Netflix.com in Firefox, log in, search for the
movie I want, and add it to my list, or play. You should see if what
is built into Windows 10 will work, if you need something else. Going
back to Windows 7 to watch TV is not acceptable. That tells people
developing for Windows 10 that it is okay for their software to be
inaccessible.

Mike

*From:*nvda@nvda.groups.io
[<mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] *On Behalf Of
*bob jutzi
*Sent:* Wednesday, August 1, 2018 12:56 PM
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io
*Subject:* [nvda] Free, accessible TV software

Anyone know of Win10 software for watching TV which works with NVDA?

If needed, I could revert back to Windows7 on my other system but if
possible, want this as a last resort.









--
check out my song on youtube
https://youtu.be/YeWgx2LRu7Y


Re: Free, accessible TV software

Stephen
 

I use a program called NextPVR with my USB TV tuner card.
It is very good, and it has a web interface that you can use to schedule your recordings, then you can use whatever media player you are comfortable with to play your recordings.
The setup process is very accessible.

At 04:38 AM 8/2/2018, you wrote:

Sorry this does not exist in WIN 10. I suggest a simple HD antenna on a good ole HD TV. I know there is a piece of Software called Chris TV, but don't know if it works with NVDA or how it works in general. Do a web search on said software.
Sent from <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>Mail for Windows 10


----------
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of Walker, Michael E <michael.e.walker3@boeing.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 1, 2018 2:31:08 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Free, accessible TV software

Does Windows 10 not have Windows Media Center? Have you tried going to the start menu and typing Windows Media Center into the search? Maybe they call it something different in Windows 10, or have a replacement program built in for it. If you are still not sure what to do, try a Google search for Windows 10 Media Center, and it should tell you what is the new toy on the market. Sorry, I do not keep up with this stuff adequately. I just look at what I need, and learn about a new app, as I go along. I mostly use iTunes, e-mail, and the web.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [<mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of bob jutzi
Sent: Wednesday, August 1, 2018 1:26 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Free, accessible TV software

Sorry, I should have indicated TV Tuning software for use with a TV tuner adapter such as can be done using Windows Media Center under Windows 7.

On 8/1/2018 2:19 PM, Walker, Michael E wrote:
Could you provide more context on what you mean by watching TV? I
typically just go to Netflix.com in Firefox, log in, search for the
movie I want, and add it to my list, or play. You should see if what
is built into Windows 10 will work, if you need something else. Going
back to Windows 7 to watch TV is not acceptable. That tells people
developing for Windows 10 that it is okay for their software to
be inaccessible.

Mike

*From:*nvda@nvda.groups.io
[<mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] *On Behalf Of
*bob jutzi
*Sent:* Wednesday, August 1, 2018 12:56 PM
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io
*Subject:* [nvda] Free, accessible TV software

Anyone know of Win10 software for watching TV which works with NVDA?

If needed, I could revert back to Windows7 on my other system but if
possible, want this as a last resort.








Re: nvda and resilio sync

Sarah k Alawami
 

Preview builds of safari exist. Google for that. Actually rezilio is not accessible with mac os at all, nothing reads and the html area doesn’t work at all. I remember having the same experience on windows as well, but that was with the free plan for both machines. Ill have to try this again.

On 1 Aug 2018, at 13:13, Walker, Michael E wrote:

Then you may just need to use Safari for Rezillio, and Chrome for your other browsing. VoiceOver is most optimized for Safari, as VoiceOver and Safari are developed by Apple.

Preview builds of what?

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sarah k Alawami
Sent: Wednesday, August 1, 2018 3:11 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] nvda and resilio sync

I use the preview builds so yeah. And some sites like reddit go busy

There is no way to set up rezillio as a service in mac os by the way.
You get stuck with an inaccessibe html page you can’t even access to add folders etc. I don’t know how to set it up as a service on windows but yeah that was the advice I got from someone soemwhare lol!

On 1 Aug 2018, at 12:14, Walker, Michael E wrote:

I understand that you prefer Chrome, but we sometimes have to switch
browsers for certain services. I am not sure of the answer of setting
this up as a service. If that does not work for you, you might need to
use Safari for it. What issues are you having in Safari?

You might also check if there is a VoiceOver mailing list that would
be better suited for this topic. I mean better suited as in you may be
able to expand to a larger audience of just VoiceOver users, as you
are asking about Mac.

Good luck!
Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Sarah k Alawami
Sent: Wednesday, August 1, 2018 2:11 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] nvda and resilio sync

I just prefer chrome and safari right now has issues. Anywy, is there
a way to get rezilio sync working on mac this way I can use it on both
mac and windows and just sync stuff I need from one machine to another
when I need to. I heard you can set it up as a service and getit out
of the way but this is all new to me.

On 1 Aug 2018, at 12:03, Walker, Michael E wrote:

Sarah, why not use Safari instead of Chrome?

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Sarah k Alawami
Sent: Wednesday, August 1, 2018 2:02 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] nvda and resilio sync

Wish that rezilio sync were accessible for mac os, but the author
does not want to do this even though he nows that we have isues. If
the interface were accessible wiht chrome I would use it but sadly I
don’
think it will be.

RIP

On 1 Aug 2018, at 11:28, Tyler Wood wrote:

This is way way way way and about 10 more ways overcomplicating your
case.


1. firefox, open your sync interface.

2. FInd folder you want removed. Hit capslock shift m on it.

3. BOttom of the screen with control end, you'll find a remove link.
Click it.


All done.

No need to rebuild databases, remove indexes. That just hurts more
than helps in long term.

The only thing I do is remove the .zip and .log files in the appdata
folder.




On 01-Aug-2018 1:24 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
Hi.

Is there a way for us blinks to disconnect and remove folders.

I have had one that hasn't downloaded much over ages due to slow
connection and download rate with users, etc.

Well suddenly it seems bt sync seems to be stuck trying to sync it,
and not doing so unless its indexes are dammaged, I have killed the
indexes but to be honest, if I could remove it from my sync that
would be fine, its not an important folder and I can probably gleem
it from somewhere else, then again, I may just get rid of it
totally its not like something I need, there are other folders I
could just munge at this point.

However right now I need to rebuild my entire sync database.

I'd leave syncing completely and if it were not for ultrabit I'd do
just that.

reality is though that because I am going to be replacing this box
sometimes this year and just want to keep it going, the easiest way
out of this, is to delete my sync profile, uninstall resilio sync
and leave it at that.

I will retry today but if it doesn't work, I am going to probably
temperarily stop syncing my files at least for now.
















Trouble with Weather Add-in

Debra Gardner
 

        
    Hi:
 
For a number of years now, I have been having trouble with the weather Add-in.  It tells me that I am not on line, therefore it cannot look up my Zip Code.  I am using Windows 10 64-bitg.  I think I first got it to work when I was using either windows 7 or 8, but haven't gotten it to work since Windows 10.  Any ideas.  I'm using the latest version.  I don't know why it would think I am not online.
 


Re: nvda and microsoft word

Abbie Taylor <abbietaylor945@...>
 

I'm not sure how you're un-protecting the document, but whenever I get one of those protected documents in Microsoft Word, I press Control plus S. I then get a dialog telling me that I need to enable saving. I press Tab until I get to the button for that option and press Enter. Then, the document works as it should. You might try this. Good luck.


NVDA Tech Support: part 3 and complete set now available

 

Hi all,

 

The third part of NVDA Tech Support: An Introduction is now available:

https://www.josephsl.net/files/NVDATechSupportWebinar3.mp3

 

This part talks about recognizing and troubleshooting common problems users may encounter as they use NVDA.

 

Also, the complete set of this webinar series is now available:

https://www.josephsl.net/files/NVDATechSupport.zip

 

Enjoy.

Cheers,

Joseph


Re: nvda and resilio sync

 

I can confirm that, it worked for me first time, but after that it didn't.

Thats not a problem, there is 1 more small sounds folder which is small that I could do without but I think its only 1gb in size and is fine.

Most of the folders on bt sync are small, bar a tv folder and the chips folder which is getting bigger and bigger.

My 600gb drive is getting fuller and fuller, but I don't want to kill ultrabit, the stuff in there is good, it also gets me into getting more stuff outside the folder like actual tunes in normal cd quality formats.

On 8/2/2018 9:00 AM, Sharni-Lee Ward wrote:
An NVDA command that doesn't always work. I sometimes have issues
rerouting the mouse this way on Tumblr and Hiveword. There have probably
been other places too but those two sites are the ones I remember off
the top of my head.


On 2/08/2018 6:53 AM, Tyler Wood wrote:
Hi,

That's an NVDA shortcut to root the mouse pointer to your cursor.



On 01-Aug-2018 3:46 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
aah ok, never used that comand, are there other resilio shortcuts?




On 8/2/2018 6:28 AM, Tyler Wood wrote:
This is way way way way and about 10 more ways overcomplicating your
case.


1. firefox, open your sync interface.

2. FInd folder you want removed. Hit capslock shift m on it.

3. BOttom of the screen with control end, you'll find a remove link.
Click it.


All done.

No need to rebuild databases, remove indexes. That just hurts more
than helps in long term.

The only thing I do is remove the .zip and .log files in the appdata
folder.




On 01-Aug-2018 1:24 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
Hi.

Is there a way for us blinks to disconnect and remove folders.

I have had one that hasn't downloaded much over ages due to slow
connection and download rate with users, etc.

Well suddenly it seems bt sync seems to be stuck trying to sync it,
and not doing so unless its indexes are dammaged, I have killed the
indexes but to be honest, if I could remove it from my sync that
would be fine, its not an important folder and I can probably gleem
it from somewhere else, then again, I may just get rid of it
totally its not like something I need, there are other folders I
could just munge at this point.

However right now I need to rebuild my entire sync database.

I'd leave syncing completely and if it were not for ultrabit I'd do
just that.

reality is though that because I am going to be replacing this box
sometimes this year and just want to keep it going, the easiest way
out of this, is to delete my sync profile, uninstall resilio sync
and leave it at that.

I will retry today but if it doesn't work, I am going to probably
temperarily stop syncing my files at least for now.






.



Re: nvda and resilio sync

 

AAh I havn'

't used the mouse cursor shortcut.

I was able to manage to remove the folder I want to get rid of.

Interestingly enough I didn't manage to do it on subsiquent attempts but the folder  that was getting stuck is no longer there.

Sadly it appears sync service simply can not close when trying to stop it from the services console, it just doesn't do it although there is no error at all and I have to end it on task manager after that to close it.

Still at least I have managed to get rid of something I no longer want.

On 8/2/2018 8:53 AM, Tyler Wood wrote:
Hi,

That's an NVDA shortcut to root the mouse pointer to your cursor.



On 01-Aug-2018 3:46 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
aah ok, never used that comand, are there other resilio shortcuts?




On 8/2/2018 6:28 AM, Tyler Wood wrote:
This is way way way way and about 10 more ways overcomplicating your case.


1. firefox, open your sync interface.

2. FInd folder you want removed. Hit capslock shift m on it.

3. BOttom of the screen with control end, you'll find a remove link. Click it.


All done.

No need to rebuild databases, remove indexes. That just hurts more than helps in long term.

The only thing I do is remove the .zip and .log files in the appdata folder.




On 01-Aug-2018 1:24 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
Hi.

Is there a way for us blinks to disconnect and remove folders.

I have had one that hasn't downloaded much over ages due to slow connection and download rate with users, etc.

Well suddenly it seems bt sync seems to be stuck trying to sync it, and not doing so unless its indexes are dammaged, I have killed the indexes but to be honest, if I could remove it from my sync that would be fine, its not an important folder and I can probably gleem it from somewhere else, then again, I may just get rid of it totally its not like something I need, there are other folders I could just munge at this point.

However right now I need to rebuild my entire sync database.

I'd leave syncing completely and if it were not for ultrabit I'd do just that.

reality is though that because I am going to be replacing this box sometimes this year and just want to keep it going, the easiest way out of this, is to delete my sync profile, uninstall resilio sync and leave it at that.

I will retry today but if it doesn't work, I am going to probably temperarily stop syncing my files at least for now.







.




.


Re: nvda and resilio sync

Sharni-Lee Ward
 

An NVDA command that doesn't always work. I sometimes have issues
rerouting the mouse this way on Tumblr and Hiveword. There have probably
been other places too but those two sites are the ones I remember off
the top of my head.

On 2/08/2018 6:53 AM, Tyler Wood wrote:
Hi,

That's an NVDA shortcut to root the mouse pointer to your cursor.



On 01-Aug-2018 3:46 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
aah ok, never used that comand, are there other resilio shortcuts?




On 8/2/2018 6:28 AM, Tyler Wood wrote:
This is way way way way and about 10 more ways overcomplicating your
case.


1. firefox, open your sync interface.

2. FInd folder you want removed. Hit capslock shift m on it.

3. BOttom of the screen with control end, you'll find a remove link.
Click it.


All done.

No need to rebuild databases, remove indexes. That just hurts more
than helps in long term.

The only thing I do is remove the .zip and .log files in the appdata
folder.




On 01-Aug-2018 1:24 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
Hi.

Is there a way for us blinks to disconnect and remove folders.

I have had one that hasn't downloaded much over ages due to slow
connection and download rate with users, etc.

Well suddenly it seems bt sync seems to be stuck trying to sync it,
and not doing so unless its indexes are dammaged, I have killed the
indexes but to be honest, if I could remove it from my sync that
would be fine, its not an important folder and I can probably gleem
it from somewhere else, then again, I may just get rid of it
totally its not like something I need, there are other folders I
could just munge at this point.

However right now I need to rebuild my entire sync database.

I'd leave syncing completely and if it were not for ultrabit I'd do
just that.

reality is though that because I am going to be replacing this box
sometimes this year and just want to keep it going, the easiest way
out of this, is to delete my sync profile, uninstall resilio sync
and leave it at that.

I will retry today but if it doesn't work, I am going to probably
temperarily stop syncing my files at least for now.







.