Date   

Re: ++OFFTOPIC++ How to unsubscribe?

Gene
 

Did you get a welcome message when you subscribed?  You should usually get a message when you join lists with information such as how to unsubscribe.  You should keep such messages from every list that sends you one.  Also, most lists have information at the bottom of every message you receive with links for unsubscribing and often for doing other things such as going no mail as well.
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2018 6:44 PM
Subject: [nvda] ++OFFTOPIC++ How to unsubscribe?

Hello guys,
First, let me excuse by the offtopics. This is the second that I post,
but I swear it will be the last time.
Some days ago someone sent an email telling how to subscribe to the list
Blind-X. Well, I did it, because I was interested in the list, obviously.
The problem is: I'm there for 1 day and I have a feeling that I won't be
able to read all of these emails.
So, my question: how I unsubscribe it?
I tried to follow the steps received by the listserv,but had no results.

Again, sorry for the offtopic and thanks in advance.

Marcio



++OFFTOPIC++ How to unsubscribe?

 

Hello guys,
First, let me excuse by the offtopics. This is the second that I post, but I swear it will be the last time.
Some days ago someone sent an email telling how to subscribe to the list Blind-X. Well, I did it, because I was interested in the list, obviously.
The problem is: I'm there for 1 day and I have a feeling that I won't be able to read all of these emails.
So, my question: how I unsubscribe it?
I tried to follow the steps received by the listserv,but had no results.

Again, sorry for the offtopic and thanks in advance.

Marcio


Re: Inquiry about release date of nvda2018.2.

Quentin Christensen
 

Are you sure Symantec thinks it is a virus, and if so, which one?  Symantec is listing the file as clean on VirusTotal, so I'm not sure whether it is using a newer or older version than yours.

I know Windows Defender will recommend blocking downloadable executables which haven't been downloaded many times - you often notice this if you are one of the first to download a new build of NVDA for instance.  Could Symantec be doing something similar?

I just got Virus Total to rescan the file and I notice now that Anity is also coming up clean - I wrote to them last night to report the false positive.


Kind regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 11:23 PM, Michael Chopra <michaelchopra38@...> wrote:
 Hi. It’s definitely Rc 3.
Thanks.
From Michael.  


From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of Quentin Christensen <quentin@...>
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2018 10:00:16 PM

To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Inquiry about release date of nvda2018.2.
 
Hi Michael,

Was it RC1 or 2 then?  As I'm not seeing it with RC3?

The way AV programs work, or one way at least, is they look for "signatures" of known viruses.  Each virus tends to have a group of bytes that distinguishes it from other programs - in the same way, if you wanted, you could probably go through a library and pick say the first sentence out of each book.  You could then bring in a new book without a cover, compare the first sentence against your list of known sentences, and decide whether it matched anything you'd seen before.

Occasionally you might get two books that have the same first sentence, and so one might be misidentified as the other.  It basically works exactly the same way with viruses.  Because it is just a string of characters, they could appear in other programs, and occasionally do, that is how false positives occur.

So, when we built rc2 (or 1?) it just happened that the exact sequence of characters appeared in our setup file as must appear in some virus.  It's something that Symantec have to update in their database, and once I know which build I can let them know - they have a set process for letting them know about false positives.  They'll then double check our file, confirm with what else they know about that virus that it definitely is a false positive and then update their definition list, and that will go out the next time they send out an update (usually in a day or so).

For now, RC3 seems ok so you should be able to download and run that if needed.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 7:17 PM, Michael Chopra <michaelchopra38@...> wrote:
 Hi. As far as I understand, it is flagging the release candidate versions. I am not sure about the snapshot builds, as I have not downloaded any of them.  With this issue, is it something that you have to sort out or is it for Symantec?
Thanks.
From Michael.  


From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of Quentin Christensen <quentin@...>
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2018 8:53:11 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Subject: Re: [nvda] Inquiry about release date of nvda2018.2.
 
Hi Michael,

No problem at all, we're transparent here.  Thanks for the heads-up!  Can you advise which version is being flagged?  Is it 2018.1.1 (on the main download page), NVDA 2018.2rc3 (the current release candidate) or one of the snapshot or other builds?

I just ran a couple of builds through VirusTotal: https://www.virustotal.com/en/ - they run any file or site you specify through many of the reputable and unknown AV scanners and tell you what comes back positive

RC3 is being flagged by something called  "Antiy-AVL" that I've never heard of, as "Trojan/Win32.AGeneric".  If I can figure out who they are, I'll write to them.

Symantec is happy with the RC as far as I can see.

NVDA 2018.1.1 is coming up clean on everything.

I tried nvda_snapshot_next-15180,4479f3ab.exe which I had lying around from the 7th of June and it came back clean.

As Brian noted, one AV or another will flag programs from time to time.  The easiest way to allay any fears is to check whether other reputable AV programs which also detect whatever it was also detect it.  In the case of Trojan/Win32.AGeneric, it's a bit hard, as it's simply claiming it looks like a generic trojan, without actually have the "signature" of any known virus.

On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 6:13 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
This sort of thing seems to occur with many pieces of software from time to time though. I would hope that feedback to the company would immediately prompt them to put in an exception for it. There was a similar issue over a password manager a while back I seem to remember.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Chopra" <michaelchopra38@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2018 5:37 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Inquiry about release date of nvda2018.2.


Hi Quentin and all. Are you aware that NVDA is being treated as a virus
by Symantec endpoint protection? It just deletes the file and does not
let me do anything with it. It's probably not the best place to bring
this up, but I thought I would let you know.

Thanks.

From Michael.


On 12/06/18 16:30, Quentin Christensen wrote:
We released NVDA 2018.2rc3 the other day:
https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2018-2rc3-released/

So, the final version should be out within a week or so, unless
anything big is found.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 1:26 PM, Angaragerdene
<b.angaragerdene@... <mailto:b.angaragerdene@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Hi guys:
    Is there any set date for nvda 2018.2 to release? Couldn't find
    it anywhere.






--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Official NVDA Training modules and expert certification now available:
http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

www.nvaccess.org <http://www.nvaccess.org/>
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess













--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Official NVDA Training modules and expert certification now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess 
Twitter: @NVAccess 




--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Official NVDA Training modules and expert certification now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess 
Twitter: @NVAccess 




--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Official NVDA Training modules and expert certification now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess 
Twitter: @NVAccess 


Re: how can i set nvda that never announce graphic graphic out of graphic?

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>
 

Plus it could have a strange side effect like in a document the word not be spoken. But on the web say if done you will not hear the word graphic spoken  but i guess this is what some want.


Gene nz



On 6/13/2018 5:49 AM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

Hi, Anthony,


I'm not the one who's asking about turning off graphic. I think what you have to do is when you go to replace a word, you don't type anything in the replacement field. I think thart's how you turn it off but I don't mind having it on in case there is a real graphic.


Rosemarie




On 6/12/2018 2:18 AM, anthony borg wrote:

Hi rosemarie

What did you do to turn off graphic please?

Thanks in advance

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Rosemarie Chavarria
Sent: 12 June 2018 02:54
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] how can i set nvda that never announce graphic graphic out of graphic?

 

I stand corrected. It's been awhile since I used the speech dictionary.

 

 

 

On 6/11/2018 1:35 PM, Gene wrote:

You write the word in the field for the actual word or whatever it is.  In the pronounced as field, type a space.

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Monday, June 11, 2018 2:48 PM

Subject: Re: [nvda] how can i set nvda that never announce graphic graphic out of graphic?

 

I believe you justhit the space bar on the place where you'd normally
replace a word. I could be wrong so maybe Gene or someone else can jump
in here and correct me.


Rosemarie



On 6/11/2018 12:44 PM, zahra wrote:
> unfortunately i did not understand!
> what should i write in the first edit box and which one in the second edit box?
>
> On 6/12/18, Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@...> wrote:
>> It has tpo be done in the speech dictionary. In the field where you'd
>> normally type a word to replace another one, you just type a space.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> On 6/11/2018 5:32 AM, anthony borg wrote:
>>> Can you explain how to do that please gene?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance
>>>
>>> *From:*nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] *On Behalf Of
>>> *Gene
>>> *Sent:* 11 June 2018 11:23
>>> *To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io
>>> *Subject:* Re: [nvda] how can i set nvda that never announce graphic
>>> graphic out of graphic?
>>>
>>> Try using the speech dictionary to stop graphic from being spoken.  I
>>> suspect it will work.
>>>
>>> Gene
>>>
>>> ----- Origiinal Message -----
>>>
>>> *From:*Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
>>> <mailto:bglists@...>
>>>
>>> *Sent:*Monday, June 11, 2018 2:03 AM
>>>
>>> *To:*nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
>>>
>>> *Subject:*Re: [nvda] how can i set nvda that never announce graphic
>>> graphic out of graphic?
>>>
>>> actually,  none of the three format announcing  property sheets seems to
>>> have a way of selectable just stopping the announcement of the object
>>> type
>>> if its a graphics. Sure you can turn off object type announcements but
>>> this
>>> one supposes then leaves you a little in the dark about everything
>>> else. I
>>> think, personally, I've come to live with this, making sure that when
>>> I hear
>>> the word start to be spoken I go away or hit control to shut it up.
>>> It is giving valuable info of course and its a sad fact of our lives that
>>> telling us what is on the screen to help us understand layout is one
>>> of the
>>> problems. While its telling us about buttons and their state ie
>>> pressed or
>>> not it also tells us if the bit we are on is a graphic and even a graphic
>>> button indeed.
>>> Brian
>>>
>>> bglists@... <mailto:bglists@...>
>>> Sent via blueyonder.
>>> Please address personal E-mail to:-
>>> briang1@... <mailto:briang1@...>, putting
>>> 'Brian Gaff'
>>> in the display name field.
>>> ----- Original Message -----
>>> From: "Rui Fontes" <rui.fontes@...
>>> <mailto:rui.fontes@...>>
>>> To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>>
>>> Sent: Sunday, June 10, 2018 3:10 PM
>>> Subject: Re: [nvda] how can i set nvda that never announce graphic
>>> graphic
>>> out of graphic?
>>>
>>>
>>>> Sorry! It is on Document formating...
>>>>
>>>> Rui
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Às 15:02 de 10/06/2018, zahra escreveu:
>>>>> which item in brows mode should i change that not hear graphic
>>>>> anymore?
>>>>> i did not find in brows mode or in other preferences one option
>>>>> related to graphic, so i decided to ask here.
>>>>>
>>>>> On 6/10/18, Rui Fontes <rui.fontes@...
>>> <mailto:rui.fontes@...>> wrote:
>>>>>> NVDA menu, Preferences, Browse mode...
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Rui
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Às 14:44 de 10/06/2018, zahra escreveu:
>>>>>>> hello every one.
>>>>>>> like gene, recently i changed my mind and decided to give chrome
>>> a try.
>>>>>>> it is very greater than firefox in stability, speed, and handling
>>>>>>> big
>>>>>>> and dynamic web pages like quora which i subscribed and answered
>>>>>>> hundreds of questions.
>>>>>>> however, when nvda sees a title or the name of one person, first
>>>>>>> says
>>>>>>> graphic, graphic and when i navigate by word nvda says graphic
>>> and out
>>>>>>> of graphic!
>>>>>>> i dont want to hear graphic at all!
>>>>>>> what should i do in nvda to achieve this?
>>>>>>> it even says
>>>>>>> graphic sometimes both before and after the names!
>>>>>>> for example: graphic zahra, zahra graphic.
>>>>>>> i realy hate hearing anything except the content that i read or want
>>>>>>> to interact with.
>>>>>>> thanks so much for any help, God bless all!
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>


 




Re: list of accessibility tools when win 10 newest update boots

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>
 

Hi


I found this that might help the first option looks easier and a link to this page is https://forum.thewindowsclub.com/windows-customization/29982-disable-remove-ease-access-button-logon-screen.html

it did not mention a windows version so am guessing it should work.


I did read a thread that on hp machines this comes up at log on.


I wonder if you have your computer boot straight into windows if it would still come up? I do not think so or would you rather not as you would rather log on into windows?


Gene nz



On 6/13/2018 6:50 AM, Dan Beaver wrote:

I have been seeing this since the big spring update happened.  Almost every time it boots this dialog with a list of tools like narrator, magnifier, on-screen keyboards and the like shows up before the logon screen is displayed. 


I have dug around my system and can't find a way to stop this.



any ideas?  I don't want to use any of those tools and would like not to see this dialog.


Thanks.


Dan Beaver



Re: list of accessibility tools when win 10 newest update boots

Chris
 

Do you have fast start-up enabled?

Or you could try a restart, rather than a shutdown , see if that clears it

Unless you have something in settings > apps > start-up that’s opening the dialog

 

 

From: Dan Beaver
Sent: 12 June 2018 21:04
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] list of accessibility tools when win 10 newest update boots

 

Thanks Ron but I already did that and the wizard is still coming up.

 

Dan Beaver

 

On 6/12/2018 4:00 PM, Ron Canazzi wrote:

Hi Dan,

 

If you open the start menu and search for accessibility, then when the results come up, find narrator and highlight it then use the tab key, there are a bunch of settings available.  One of them says use Narrator before sign in.  If this is checked, uncheck it and see if the accessibility wizard does not launch before sign in.

 

 

On 6/12/2018 2:50 PM, Dan Beaver wrote:

I have been seeing this since the big spring update happened.  Almost every time it boots this dialog with a list of tools like narrator, magnifier, on-screen keyboards and the like shows up before the logon screen is displayed. 

 

I have dug around my system and can't find a way to stop this.

 

 

any ideas?  I don't want to use any of those tools and would like not to see this dialog.

 

Thanks.

 

Dan Beaver



-- 
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"

 

 


Re: list of accessibility tools when win 10 newest update boots

Dan Beaver
 

Thanks Ron but I already did that and the wizard is still coming up.


Dan Beaver


On 6/12/2018 4:00 PM, Ron Canazzi wrote:

Hi Dan,


If you open the start menu and search for accessibility, then when the results come up, find narrator and highlight it then use the tab key, there are a bunch of settings available.  One of them says use Narrator before sign in.  If this is checked, uncheck it and see if the accessibility wizard does not launch before sign in.



On 6/12/2018 2:50 PM, Dan Beaver wrote:

I have been seeing this since the big spring update happened.  Almost every time it boots this dialog with a list of tools like narrator, magnifier, on-screen keyboards and the like shows up before the logon screen is displayed. 


I have dug around my system and can't find a way to stop this.



any ideas?  I don't want to use any of those tools and would like not to see this dialog.


Thanks.


Dan Beaver


-- 
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"


Re: list of accessibility tools when win 10 newest update boots

Ron Canazzi
 

Hi Dan,


If you open the start menu and search for accessibility, then when the results come up, find narrator and highlight it then use the tab key, there are a bunch of settings available.  One of them says use Narrator before sign in.  If this is checked, uncheck it and see if the accessibility wizard does not launch before sign in.



On 6/12/2018 2:50 PM, Dan Beaver wrote:

I have been seeing this since the big spring update happened.  Almost every time it boots this dialog with a list of tools like narrator, magnifier, on-screen keyboards and the like shows up before the logon screen is displayed. 


I have dug around my system and can't find a way to stop this.



any ideas?  I don't want to use any of those tools and would like not to see this dialog.


Thanks.


Dan Beaver


-- 
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"


Re: list of accessibility tools when win 10 newest update boots

Sarah k Alawami
 

Or get rid of the windows 10 log screen completely. Do it through yoru  admin pannel or the registry. You have to google how to do this as I forgot how but a simple google should do the trick.

Take care

On Jun 12, 2018, at 12:02 PM, Dan Beaver <dbeaver888@...> wrote:

Yeah, but that doesn't stop it from happening.


Dan Beaver


On 6/12/2018 2:55 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,

Press Escape when this happens, and you’ll be directed to the sign-in screen.

Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dan Beaver
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2018 11:50 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] list of accessibility tools when win 10 newest update boots

 

I have been seeing this since the big spring update happened.  Almost every time it boots this dialog with a list of tools like narrator, magnifier, on-screen keyboards and the like shows up before the logon screen is displayed. 

 

I have dug around my system and can't find a way to stop this.

 
 

any ideas?  I don't want to use any of those tools and would like not to see this dialog.

 

Thanks.

 

Dan Beaver




Re: list of accessibility tools when win 10 newest update boots

Dan Beaver
 

Yeah, but that doesn't stop it from happening.


Dan Beaver


On 6/12/2018 2:55 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,

Press Escape when this happens, and you’ll be directed to the sign-in screen.

Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dan Beaver
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2018 11:50 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] list of accessibility tools when win 10 newest update boots

 

I have been seeing this since the big spring update happened.  Almost every time it boots this dialog with a list of tools like narrator, magnifier, on-screen keyboards and the like shows up before the logon screen is displayed. 

 

I have dug around my system and can't find a way to stop this.

 

 

any ideas?  I don't want to use any of those tools and would like not to see this dialog.

 

Thanks.

 

Dan Beaver



Re: list of accessibility tools when win 10 newest update boots

 

Hi,

Press Escape when this happens, and you’ll be directed to the sign-in screen.

Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dan Beaver
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2018 11:50 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] list of accessibility tools when win 10 newest update boots

 

I have been seeing this since the big spring update happened.  Almost every time it boots this dialog with a list of tools like narrator, magnifier, on-screen keyboards and the like shows up before the logon screen is displayed. 

 

I have dug around my system and can't find a way to stop this.

 

 

any ideas?  I don't want to use any of those tools and would like not to see this dialog.

 

Thanks.

 

Dan Beaver


list of accessibility tools when win 10 newest update boots

Dan Beaver
 

I have been seeing this since the big spring update happened.  Almost every time it boots this dialog with a list of tools like narrator, magnifier, on-screen keyboards and the like shows up before the logon screen is displayed. 


I have dug around my system and can't find a way to stop this.



any ideas?  I don't want to use any of those tools and would like not to see this dialog.


Thanks.


Dan Beaver


Re: better notepad works great with NVDA!

JM Casey <crystallogic@...>
 

Notepad ++ in particular has been around for quite a long time, though. Not sure about these other notepad alternatives. You could check
http://www.oldversion.com/

They have everything. You'll likely be able to find a version that supported XP.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jaffar Sidek
Sent: June 12, 2018 7:02 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] better notepad works great with NVDA!

Hi. I am afraid there is no solution for this. The developers of the program specifically targetted the newer windows Operating systems and did not provide any support for the older versions of windows. It is possible to provide support for xp, but you need to download the windows xp build tools when you are developing the program and create the version specifically for xp users, and they did not do that. Because
Notepad++ is an open source program, it would be possible to grab the
source code and tweak it to target xp users, but i do believe some of the code has to be rewritten for that to happen and it will take a great deal of time. Cheers!


On 6/12/2018 4:12 PM, zahra wrote:
hi again.
thanks for your guide, in the compatibility mode, i selected windows
98 and recieved the same error again.
is there any solution?
by the way, does this program support export as html?
i tried SciTe as mentioned in other post and it was the only program
which had this capability!

On 6/12/18, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
<bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
Yes I know how can it know about newer windows. it has not got a time
machine.
I'm actually very surprised some hackers have not actually got into
XP and

added some new routines that emulate the new operating systems ones
to make

it still work. I guess there is not really a call for it most of the time.
I just think that by now even in hard to get at countries, there
should be

windows 7 machines being pensioned off that can be reformatted and
used perfectly acceptably.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "zahra" <nasrinkhaksar3@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, June 11, 2018 8:32 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] better notepad works great with NVDA!


hi.
thanks so much for advicing about compatibility mode, i appreciate you.
but unfortunately it did not work!
because i only had windows 95, 98 nt4 and 2000 in the list.

On 6/11/18, Ervin, Glenn <glenn.ervin@nebraska.gov> wrote:
Maybe try running the Windows compatibility on it.
Go to the .EXE file in question, and tap the applications key, and
up arrow to properties.
Control + tab to the compatibility tab and make necessary changes.
Glenn

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of zahra
Sent: Monday, June 11, 2018 2:04 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] better notepad works great with NVDA!

i downloaded and installed it, but unfortunately does not support
windows xp!
i installed it easily, but when i launched it, i recieved this error.

C:\Program Files\Notepad3\Notepad3.exe is not a valid Win32 application.
does it mean that this program does not support windows xp?

On 6/11/18, zahra <nasrinkhaksar3@gmail.com> wrote:
hi.
does it support unicode?
because i read my farsi documents in utf8 also, does it support
windows xp?
thanks for your introducing this software.

On 6/11/18, Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
I found something better than notepad2. It is called notepad3!
You can get it here. Its free.

https://www.rizonesoft.com/downloads/notepad3/

works good with NVDA. And during install you can tell it to
replace the standard windows 7 8 or 10 notepad. You do not have
to be a programmer to use it. But you can use it for programming if you wish.
It has blank line removal and all kinds of neat things on its
menu bar.





Sent from Mail for Windows 10




--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens with all they contain in order
that I may disobey God by depriving an ant from the husk of a
grain of barley, I would not do it.
imam ali



--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley, I would not do it.
imam ali






--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali





Re: [nova] how to get your web site

Rosemarie Chavarria
 

Hi, Anthony,


Try it with either firefox or internet explorer and let us know if that works.


Rosemarie

On 6/12/2018 12:34 AM, Anthony Bernard via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi Rosemary,
Thanks much for the link. But I cannot access it. Whenever I tried to access it via Chrome I receive a 'Chrome Error Message."
Sincerely, Anthony Bernard


-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Rosemarie Chavarria
Sent: 09 June 2018 00:12
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] how to get your web site

Hi, Anthony,


The site is www.accessibilitycentral.net.


Hope this helps.


Rosemarie


On 6/8/2018 11:30 AM, anthony borg wrote:
Hi gene
I wish to access your private website to look for some tutorials.
Is it possible to send me the link please?
Thanks in advance
Anthony

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene New Zealand
Sent: 06 June 2018 22:49
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: how to get your web site

Are you sure.


I have no problems with either 3 of the versions you just need to learn new tricks unless programs are totally not accessible but these are useable.


Gene nz



On 6/7/2018 7:31 AM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
Hi all of you.

Pulling out of nvda skype group now because of 1, skypes uncertain
future and 2. the fact I hardly contribute to it, I will shift all my
conversational contributions to this list from now on if I havn't
allready.

I will still use skype classic for family, but due to things as they
stand I may have to remove skype from my contact and other info, it
will be email for internationals only, skype if they need, but I will
no longer advertise.

Microsoft has lost another user, skype classic interface is easy to
understand, the new one I just don't care for.

Its a pitty its got to end this way but I may as well cut my losses
right now rather than having to bother with things going bang.

I will have to either search for another solution or start paying high
charges for international calls because skype new versions are
inaccessible.

Way to go ms.

Can't skype classic just be pulled from the update loop and still be
kept active?











---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com



Re: how can i set nvda that never announce graphic graphic out of graphic?

Rosemarie Chavarria
 

Hi, Anthony,


I'm not the one who's asking about turning off graphic. I think what you have to do is when you go to replace a word, you don't type anything in the replacement field. I think thart's how you turn it off but I don't mind having it on in case there is a real graphic.


Rosemarie




On 6/12/2018 2:18 AM, anthony borg wrote:

Hi rosemarie

What did you do to turn off graphic please?

Thanks in advance

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Rosemarie Chavarria
Sent: 12 June 2018 02:54
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] how can i set nvda that never announce graphic graphic out of graphic?

 

I stand corrected. It's been awhile since I used the speech dictionary.

 

 

 

On 6/11/2018 1:35 PM, Gene wrote:

You write the word in the field for the actual word or whatever it is.  In the pronounced as field, type a space.

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Monday, June 11, 2018 2:48 PM

Subject: Re: [nvda] how can i set nvda that never announce graphic graphic out of graphic?

 

I believe you justhit the space bar on the place where you'd normally
replace a word. I could be wrong so maybe Gene or someone else can jump
in here and correct me.


Rosemarie



On 6/11/2018 12:44 PM, zahra wrote:
> unfortunately i did not understand!
> what should i write in the first edit box and which one in the second edit box?
>
> On 6/12/18, Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@...> wrote:
>> It has tpo be done in the speech dictionary. In the field where you'd
>> normally type a word to replace another one, you just type a space.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> On 6/11/2018 5:32 AM, anthony borg wrote:
>>> Can you explain how to do that please gene?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance
>>>
>>> *From:*nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] *On Behalf Of
>>> *Gene
>>> *Sent:* 11 June 2018 11:23
>>> *To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io
>>> *Subject:* Re: [nvda] how can i set nvda that never announce graphic
>>> graphic out of graphic?
>>>
>>> Try using the speech dictionary to stop graphic from being spoken.  I
>>> suspect it will work.
>>>
>>> Gene
>>>
>>> ----- Origiinal Message -----
>>>
>>> *From:*Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
>>> <mailto:bglists@...>
>>>
>>> *Sent:*Monday, June 11, 2018 2:03 AM
>>>
>>> *To:*nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
>>>
>>> *Subject:*Re: [nvda] how can i set nvda that never announce graphic
>>> graphic out of graphic?
>>>
>>> actually,  none of the three format announcing  property sheets seems to
>>> have a way of selectable just stopping the announcement of the object
>>> type
>>> if its a graphics. Sure you can turn off object type announcements but
>>> this
>>> one supposes then leaves you a little in the dark about everything
>>> else. I
>>> think, personally, I've come to live with this, making sure that when
>>> I hear
>>> the word start to be spoken I go away or hit control to shut it up.
>>> It is giving valuable info of course and its a sad fact of our lives that
>>> telling us what is on the screen to help us understand layout is one
>>> of the
>>> problems. While its telling us about buttons and their state ie
>>> pressed or
>>> not it also tells us if the bit we are on is a graphic and even a graphic
>>> button indeed.
>>> Brian
>>>
>>> bglists@... <mailto:bglists@...>
>>> Sent via blueyonder.
>>> Please address personal E-mail to:-
>>> briang1@... <mailto:briang1@...>, putting
>>> 'Brian Gaff'
>>> in the display name field.
>>> ----- Original Message -----
>>> From: "Rui Fontes" <rui.fontes@...
>>> <mailto:rui.fontes@...>>
>>> To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>>
>>> Sent: Sunday, June 10, 2018 3:10 PM
>>> Subject: Re: [nvda] how can i set nvda that never announce graphic
>>> graphic
>>> out of graphic?
>>>
>>>
>>>> Sorry! It is on Document formating...
>>>>
>>>> Rui
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Às 15:02 de 10/06/2018, zahra escreveu:
>>>>> which item in brows mode should i change that not hear graphic
>>>>> anymore?
>>>>> i did not find in brows mode or in other preferences one option
>>>>> related to graphic, so i decided to ask here.
>>>>>
>>>>> On 6/10/18, Rui Fontes <rui.fontes@...
>>> <mailto:rui.fontes@...>> wrote:
>>>>>> NVDA menu, Preferences, Browse mode...
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Rui
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Às 14:44 de 10/06/2018, zahra escreveu:
>>>>>>> hello every one.
>>>>>>> like gene, recently i changed my mind and decided to give chrome
>>> a try.
>>>>>>> it is very greater than firefox in stability, speed, and handling
>>>>>>> big
>>>>>>> and dynamic web pages like quora which i subscribed and answered
>>>>>>> hundreds of questions.
>>>>>>> however, when nvda sees a title or the name of one person, first
>>>>>>> says
>>>>>>> graphic, graphic and when i navigate by word nvda says graphic
>>> and out
>>>>>>> of graphic!
>>>>>>> i dont want to hear graphic at all!
>>>>>>> what should i do in nvda to achieve this?
>>>>>>> it even says
>>>>>>> graphic sometimes both before and after the names!
>>>>>>> for example: graphic zahra, zahra graphic.
>>>>>>> i realy hate hearing anything except the content that i read or want
>>>>>>> to interact with.
>>>>>>> thanks so much for any help, God bless all!
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>


 



Re: Any one using microsoft visio?

Walker, Michael E
 

I am anxious to learn the answer on this one also. I ended up being exempt from Visio stuff, but if someone has figured out how to overcome its obstacles, it would be great to hear how.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of erik burggraaf
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2018 12:04 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Any one using microsoft visio?

Hi all, This coming semester I will have to use microsoft visio and the unified modeling language version three to build charts and diagrams. Any one have tips and experience to share?

Best,

Erik


Any one using microsoft visio?

erik burggraaf <erik@...>
 

Hi all, This coming semester I will have to use microsoft visio and the unified modeling language version three to build charts and diagrams. Any one have tips and experience to share?

Best,

Erik


Re: [nova] how to get your web site

 

And just so it's in this topic in direct click-through format:   http://accessibilitycentral.net/ 

Just copied directly out of my Chrome address bar while sitting on the page.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134  

     Explanations exist; they have existed for all time; there is always a well-known solution to every human problem — neat, plausible, and wrong.

          ~ H.L. Mencken, AKA The Sage of Baltimore

 

 


Re: [nova] how to get your web site

Gene
 

How are you following the link?  Are you pressing enter on it or copying and pasting it into the browser?  What is the error message? 
 
If you are copying and pasting, are you removing or not including the period at the end of the link?  It's the end of a sentence.
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2018 2:34 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] [nova] how to get your web site

Hi Rosemary,
Thanks much for the link.  But I cannot access it.  Whenever I tried to access it via Chrome I receive a 'Chrome Error Message."
Sincerely, Anthony Bernard


-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Rosemarie Chavarria
Sent: 09 June 2018 00:12
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] how to get your web site

Hi, Anthony,


The site is www.accessibilitycentral.net.


Hope this helps.


Rosemarie


On 6/8/2018 11:30 AM, anthony borg wrote:
> Hi gene
> I wish to access your private website to look for some tutorials.
> Is it possible to send me the link please?
> Thanks in advance
> Anthony
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene New Zealand
> Sent: 06 June 2018 22:49
> To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
> Subject: how to get your web site
>
> Are you sure.
>
>
> I have no problems with either 3 of the versions you just need to learn new tricks unless programs are totally not accessible but these are useable.
>
>
> Gene nz
>
>
>
> On 6/7/2018 7:31 AM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
>> Hi all of you.
>>
>> Pulling out of nvda skype group now because of 1, skypes uncertain
>> future and 2.  the fact I hardly contribute to it, I will shift all my
>> conversational contributions to this list from now on if I havn't
>> allready.
>>
>> I will still use skype classic for family, but due to things as they
>> stand I may have to remove skype from my contact and other info, it
>> will be email for internationals only, skype if they need, but I will
>> no longer advertise.
>>
>> Microsoft has lost another user, skype classic interface is easy to
>> understand, the new one I just don't care for.
>>
>> Its a pitty its got to end this way but I may as well cut my losses
>> right now rather than having to bother with things going bang.
>>
>> I will have to either search for another solution or start paying high
>> charges for international calls because skype new versions are
>> inaccessible.
>>
>> Way to go ms.
>>
>> Can't skype classic just be pulled from the update loop and still be
>> kept active?
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>





---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com





Re: sharing the Ed Sharp git hub

Damien Garwood <damien@...>
 

Hi,
Aha. What about the two EdSharps then?
Cheers,
Damien.

On 12/06/2018 03:11 PM, Dang Manh Cuong wrote:
Hi
EdSharp is the developing project, the features are similar to TextPal, a retired project.
Cuong.
----------------
Dang Manh Cuong
The Assistive technology specialist
Sao Mai Vocational and assistive center for the blind
52/22 Huynh Thien Loc St., Hoa Thanh ward, Tan Phu dist., HCM, Vietnam.
Tel: +8428 7302-4488
E-mail: vanphong@trungtamsaomai.org; congnghe@trungtamsaomai.org
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/saomaicenterfortheblind
Website: http://www.trungtamsaomai.org; http://www.saomaicenter.org Mobile / Zalo: +84 902-572-300
E-mail: dangmanhcuong@gmail.com; cuong@trungtamsaomai.org
Skype name: dangmanhcuong
facebook: http://facebook.com/dangmanhcuong
Twitter: @ManhCuongTech
----- Original Message ----- From: "Damien Garwood" <damien@dcpendleton.plus.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2018 8:36 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] sharing the Ed Sharp git hub

Hi,
In which case, which is the latest, and/or official, version?
What I have is
https://github.com/jamalmazrui/EdSharp
There is also
https://github.com/jamalmazrui/TextPal
which was another text editor.
Cheers,
Damien.

On 12/06/2018 02:30 PM, Robert Kingett wrote:
I came across this the other day. I'm sure a developer here could utilize this link, so share widely. It's a text editor with special screen reader features. It even has OCR.


https://github.com/EmpowermentZone/EdSharp


---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com