Date   

Re: Release of add-on applicationDictionary

 

Hi,

There were discussions on GitHub about it and there was a talk about producing a pull request for inclusion in NVDA. At the moment NVDA developers are focusing on pull request backlog.

Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sarah k Alawami
Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2020 2:58 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Release of add-on applicationDictionary

 

Wo! Can this be looked into for adding into nvda's core? That I thik woudl be very handy, and would be better than other solutions out there now.

Take care

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on [twitch.](http://twitch.tv/ke7zum] Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page YOu will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 29 Apr 2020, at 12:27, Rui Fontes wrote:

Hello friends!

 

Application Dictionary
Informations
• Authors: Ricardo M. Leonarczyk and Rui Fontes
• Version: 1.3
• Download stable version
• Compatibility: NVDA: 2019.1 to 2020.1

 

Usage

This simple add-on makes possible to create application-specific dictionaries for NVDA.
To use the add-on, just go to the application for wich you want a dictionary for, and press NVDA+shift+p. The normal NVDA dictionary dialog will open for you to add entries valid only for the active application (the application name should appear in the dialog title). The default add-on shortcut can be changed through NVDA's input gestures dialog: under configuration node, expand the node that says "Shows the application-specific dictionary dialog".
Command

"NVDA+Shift+p": Shows the application-specific dictionary dialog

 

Rui Fontes and Ricardo M. Leonarczyk


Re: Release of add-on applicationDictionary

Sarah k Alawami
 

Wo! Can this be looked into for adding into nvda's core? That I thik woudl be very handy, and would be better than other solutions out there now.

Take care

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on [twitch.](http://twitch.tv/ke7zum] Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page YOu will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 29 Apr 2020, at 12:27, Rui Fontes wrote:

Hello friends!


Application Dictionary
Informations
• Authors: Ricardo M. Leonarczyk and Rui Fontes
• Version: 1.3
• Download stable version
• Compatibility: NVDA: 2019.1 to 2020.1


Usage

This simple add-on makes possible to create application-specific dictionaries for NVDA.
To use the add-on, just go to the application for wich you want a dictionary for, and press NVDA+shift+p. The normal NVDA dictionary dialog will open for you to add entries valid only for the active application (the application name should appear in the dialog title). The default add-on shortcut can be changed through NVDA's input gestures dialog: under configuration node, expand the node that says "Shows the application-specific dictionary dialog".
Command

"NVDA+Shift+p": Shows the application-specific dictionary dialog


Rui Fontes and Ricardo M. Leonarczyk


Windows OneCore voices

Chris Mullins
 

Hi

I was a bit puzzled after reading that OneCore voices would have the rate boost feature added in the forthcoming new release of NVDA.  I’m using OneCore with 2019.1 and it already has rate boost.  Whilst checking out the different OneCore voices in the synth ring, I noticed that Mark, and Zira voices seem to work OKK but Hazel, Susan, David and George all had the same deep male voice.  This was the same in the Voice dialog after NVDA+Control+v was pressed.  Is this a known problem?

 

Cheers

Chris       

 


Release of add-on applicationDictionary

Rui Fontes
 

Hello friends!


Application Dictionary
Informations
• Authors: Ricardo M. Leonarczyk and Rui Fontes
• Version: 1.3
• Download stable version
• Compatibility: NVDA: 2019.1 to 2020.1


Usage

This simple add-on makes possible to create application-specific dictionaries for NVDA.
To use the add-on, just go to the application for wich you want a dictionary for, and press NVDA+shift+p. The normal NVDA dictionary dialog will open for you to add entries valid only for the active application (the application name should appear in the dialog title). The default add-on shortcut can be changed through NVDA's input gestures dialog: under configuration node, expand the node that says "Shows the application-specific dictionary dialog".
Command

"NVDA+Shift+p": Shows the application-specific dictionary dialog


Rui Fontes and Ricardo M. Leonarczyk


locked Re: News – NV Access - NVDA 2019.2RC2 Released #nvaccessnewsfeed

molly the blind tech lover
 

Me too

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rosemarie Chavarria
Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2020 12:23 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] News – NV Access - NVDA 2019.2RC2 Released #NVAccessNewsFeed

I got 2020.1 RC when I went to the NVDA menu and checked for updates.



On 4/29/2020 9:19 AM, David Csercsics wrote:

On 2020-04-29 12:12, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

Hi, Brian,


You're right. It's probably just a snafoo but hopefully it'll get
straightened out.


On the website under latest news, it shows 2020.1rc1 which is the same
file name that you get when you click the link. So it looks like it's
just the email announcement generator, or they corrected it already.





locked Re: News – NV Access - NVDA 2019.2RC2 Released #nvaccessnewsfeed

Rosemarie Chavarria
 

I got 2020.1 RC when I went to the NVDA menu and checked for updates.

On 4/29/2020 9:19 AM, David Csercsics wrote:

On 2020-04-29 12:12, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

Hi, Brian,


You're right. It's probably just a snafoo but hopefully it'll get straightened out.


On the website under latest news, it shows 2020.1rc1 which is the same file name that you get when you click the link. So it looks like it's just the email announcement generator, or they corrected it already.




locked Re: News – NV Access - NVDA 2019.2RC2 Released #nvaccessnewsfeed

Dan Beaver
 

Actually, I downloaded the .exe from the link in the notice and got the wrong file too.  I then went to the website via the help and it shows the correct file there.  I suspect it is simply someone included the wrong file name and link to the wrong file in the notice.


It works well so far.


Dan Beaver

On 4/29/2020 12:09 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
Rosemarie,

              I have sent a message directly to NVAccess about this.  I suspect this is just a complete snafu as far as what someone did with naming, and that took all the way down the line, even to the name of the executable.

              If it were actually the 2019.2 executable, not the 2020.1RC1, it shouldn't even install over 2019.3.1 if that's what had been on someone's system.

              In any case, whatever is going on, it needs to be corrected so that, as the old saying goes, "The carpet matches the drapes."
-

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

Science has become just another voice in the room; it has lost its platform.  Now, you simply declare your own truth.

      ~ Dr. Paul A. Offit, in New York Times article, How Anti-Vaccine Sentiment Took Hold in the United States, September 23, 2019

 

 

-- 
Dan Beaver (KA4DAN)


locked Re: News – NV Access - NVDA 2019.2RC2 Released #nvaccessnewsfeed

David Csercsics
 

On 2020-04-29 12:12, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

Hi, Brian,


You're right. It's probably just a snafoo but hopefully it'll get straightened out.


On the website under latest news, it shows 2020.1rc1 which is the same file name that you get when you click the link. So it looks like it's just the email announcement generator, or they corrected it already.


locked Re: News – NV Access - NVDA 2019.2RC2 Released #nvaccessnewsfeed

Rosemarie Chavarria
 

Hi, Brian,


You're right. It's probably just a snafoo but hopefully it'll get straightened out.


Rosemarie



On 4/29/2020 9:09 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
Rosemarie,

              I have sent a message directly to NVAccess about this.  I suspect this is just a complete snafu as far as what someone did with naming, and that took all the way down the line, even to the name of the executable.

              If it were actually the 2019.2 executable, not the 2020.1RC1, it shouldn't even install over 2019.3.1 if that's what had been on someone's system.

              In any case, whatever is going on, it needs to be corrected so that, as the old saying goes, "The carpet matches the drapes."
-

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

Science has become just another voice in the room; it has lost its platform.  Now, you simply declare your own truth.

      ~ Dr. Paul A. Offit, in New York Times article, How Anti-Vaccine Sentiment Took Hold in the United States, September 23, 2019

 

 


locked Re: News – NV Access - NVDA 2019.2RC2 Released #nvaccessnewsfeed

 

Rosemarie,

              I have sent a message directly to NVAccess about this.  I suspect this is just a complete snafu as far as what someone did with naming, and that took all the way down the line, even to the name of the executable.

              If it were actually the 2019.2 executable, not the 2020.1RC1, it shouldn't even install over 2019.3.1 if that's what had been on someone's system.

              In any case, whatever is going on, it needs to be corrected so that, as the old saying goes, "The carpet matches the drapes."
-

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

Science has become just another voice in the room; it has lost its platform.  Now, you simply declare your own truth.

      ~ Dr. Paul A. Offit, in New York Times article, How Anti-Vaccine Sentiment Took Hold in the United States, September 23, 2019

 

 


locked Re: News – NV Access - NVDA 2019.2RC2 Released #nvaccessnewsfeed

Rosemarie Chavarria
 

Hi, Brian,


I was able to get the proper update. I don't know what could be going on but I got the proper update on my system.


Rosemarie



On 4/29/2020 8:37 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
Something odd is going on here, and I suspect it is an issue with the name used.

But, since I did download, even the EXE file is named 2019.2.rc2.exe, so it could be that there was an accident in resending of an old announcement.  But this did come from the NVAccess RSS feed.

Clarification will very likely be forthcoming shortly.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

Science has become just another voice in the room; it has lost its platform.  Now, you simply declare your own truth.

      ~ Dr. Paul A. Offit, in New York Times article, How Anti-Vaccine Sentiment Took Hold in the United States, September 23, 2019

 

 


locked Re: News – NV Access - NVDA 2019.2RC2 Released #nvaccessnewsfeed

 

Something odd is going on here, and I suspect it is an issue with the name used.

But, since I did download, even the EXE file is named 2019.2.rc2.exe, so it could be that there was an accident in resending of an old announcement.  But this did come from the NVAccess RSS feed.

Clarification will very likely be forthcoming shortly.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

Science has become just another voice in the room; it has lost its platform.  Now, you simply declare your own truth.

      ~ Dr. Paul A. Offit, in New York Times article, How Anti-Vaccine Sentiment Took Hold in the United States, September 23, 2019

 

 


locked Re: News – NV Access - NVDA 2019.2RC2 Released #nvaccessnewsfeed

Rosemarie Chavarria
 

I think he meant 2020.1 RC.



On 4/29/2020 8:23 AM, Bobby Vinton wrote:

Do you mean nvda 2019.3 or your going backwords?

On 4/29/2020 11:14 AM, nvda@nvda.groups.io Integration wrote:

NVDA 2019.2RC2 Released

By NV Access

Release Candidate 2 (RC2) of NVDA 2019.2 is now available for download and testing. We encourage all users to download this RC and provide feedback. This is a release candidate for NVDA 2019.2. Unless any critical bugs are found, this will be identical to the final 2019.2 release.

Highlights of this release include auto detection of Freedom Scientific braille displays, an experimental setting in the Advanced panel to stop browse mode from automatically moving focus (which may provide performance improvements), a rate boost option for the Windows OneCore synthesizer to achieve very fast rates, and many other bug fixes.

Changes from RC1:

This Release Candidate reverts the search history in the NVDA find dialog feature which made the find dialog unusable for those using IME (input method editor).

Download NVDA 2019.2RC2

What’s new in this release of NVDA

Please report any issues on GitHub


locked Re: News – NV Access - NVDA 2019.2RC2 Released #nvaccessnewsfeed

Bobby Vinton
 

Do you mean nvda 2019.3 or your going backwords?

On 4/29/2020 11:14 AM, nvda@nvda.groups.io Integration wrote:

NVDA 2019.2RC2 Released

By NV Access

Release Candidate 2 (RC2) of NVDA 2019.2 is now available for download and testing. We encourage all users to download this RC and provide feedback. This is a release candidate for NVDA 2019.2. Unless any critical bugs are found, this will be identical to the final 2019.2 release.

Highlights of this release include auto detection of Freedom Scientific braille displays, an experimental setting in the Advanced panel to stop browse mode from automatically moving focus (which may provide performance improvements), a rate boost option for the Windows OneCore synthesizer to achieve very fast rates, and many other bug fixes.

Changes from RC1:

This Release Candidate reverts the search history in the NVDA find dialog feature which made the find dialog unusable for those using IME (input method editor).

Download NVDA 2019.2RC2

What’s new in this release of NVDA

Please report any issues on GitHub


locked News – NV Access - NVDA 2019.2RC2 Released #nvaccessnewsfeed

nvda@nvda.groups.io Integration <nvda@...>
 

NVDA 2019.2RC2 Released

By NV Access

Release Candidate 2 (RC2) of NVDA 2019.2 is now available for download and testing. We encourage all users to download this RC and provide feedback. This is a release candidate for NVDA 2019.2. Unless any critical bugs are found, this will be identical to the final 2019.2 release.

Highlights of this release include auto detection of Freedom Scientific braille displays, an experimental setting in the Advanced panel to stop browse mode from automatically moving focus (which may provide performance improvements), a rate boost option for the Windows OneCore synthesizer to achieve very fast rates, and many other bug fixes.

Changes from RC1:

This Release Candidate reverts the search history in the NVDA find dialog feature which made the find dialog unusable for those using IME (input method editor).

Download NVDA 2019.2RC2

What’s new in this release of NVDA

Please report any issues on GitHub


Re: Punctuation and Symbols

Pele West
 

Hi tyler

Thanks. I had not realised how the symbols were displayed. All sorted
now.

Did anyone see my message about programming NVDA to make the modifier
keys on the Braille Sense U2 QWERTY work when I connect it to a laptop?
I assume it can't be done.

pele


Re: Outlook 2019 Issue

Quentin Christensen
 

I have seen reports of issues like this from a couple of people, but haven't managed to pin down what is causing it and why it only affects some users.

Several things to try / check:

- Set NVDA's log level to debug (NVDA+control+g, then tab to log level, arrows to set it and enter), then NVDA+control+c to save settings.
- Restart NVDA with add-ons disabled (NVDA+Q then down arrow to that option and enter)
- Recreate the issue
- If you have to restart the computer, then in your %temp% folder should be nvda.log (the log for the currently running or most recent instance of NVDA) and nvda-old.log (the log for the time before that) so you should have a copy of the log from that instance still.  If you could please send that to me at info@... with some details on what has happened.

Also, what language are you using?  (Shouldn't make a difference, but that could be why it affects some users and not others).
And, what build of Office (if you go to file - account - about Word it should give you the exact number, not just Office 2019).

Kind regards

Quentin.


On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 2:52 AM Christopher Gray <chris@...> wrote:

Hi:

 

I am using Outlook 2019 with NVDA.  Often, if I am typing a message, my computer locks up.  The only thing I can do is ctrl_alt_del arrow to the Power Button and either restart or shutdown.  Is it possible this has to do with an interaction with NVDA and Outlook 2019.  It happens so often that I am forced to write messages in Notepad, Select All, and paste the message into an Outlook message.  This never locks up.

 

Chris



--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager


NVDA add-on: Developer toolkit tutorials and guides

Andy B.
 

Developer toolkit is an NVDA add-on that assists blind and visually impaired software/web developers create appealing user interfaces and web pages. It does this through analyzing the accessibility tree provided by browsers and other software conforming to the UIA specifications set out by Microsoft or the legacy IAccessible2 interfaces, also provided by Microsoft.

Once Developer toolkit 20.03 is released, it will be stable enough for general production use. In which formats would you like to see the tutorials or guides produced? For example, Word, PDF, HTML, screen casts/YouTube videos, or audio files? What type of user interfaces would you like to create or get a tutorial/guide on how to create? Send your submissions to ajborka@... and I will start looking into the process once DTK 20.03 is released.

 

 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 


Re: Converting JAWS Dictionaries

 

I could still use some additional test cases - JAWS dictionaries that I can convert.   If anyone has a JDF file, preferably one that is either in English or where the JAWS language is "any" that they'd like converted, send me the JDF file using the Reply to Sender link at the bottom of this message.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

Science has become just another voice in the room; it has lost its platform.  Now, you simply declare your own truth.

      ~ Dr. Paul A. Offit, in New York Times article, How Anti-Vaccine Sentiment Took Hold in the United States, September 23, 2019

 

 


Re: Outlook 2019 Issue

Hareth
 

Couldn't replicate your issue.
Using office outlook 2019
With NVDA2020.1beta1, And Jaws-2020
I hope this would clear some with you.
Try to use NVDA with addons turned off.
Or update your NVDA to the beta release.
TC

On 4/28/20, Christopher Gray <chris@...> wrote:
Hi:

I am using Outlook 2019 with NVDA. Often, if I am typing a message, my
computer locks up. The only thing I can do is ctrl_alt_del arrow to the
Power Button and either restart or shutdown. Is it possible this has to do
with an interaction with NVDA and Outlook 2019. It happens so often that I
am forced to write messages in Notepad, Select All, and paste the message
into an Outlook message. This never locks up.

Chris