Date   

Re: Downloading Re: [nvda] Blindspot may need to close because of Spotify's changing API.

Tyler Wood
 

On 03-Apr-2018 2:29 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
No, these are drm tracks. There are ways to get them to non drm but I will not discuss that here, I will get kicked. You might want to google for that in this case.

Take care

On Apr 3, 2018, at 12:26 PM, Gerardo Corripio <gera1027@gmail.com> wrote:

Wow that's interesting! I'm wit Spotify Premium, but I take it the app is only for Windows10? I'm on 7. When you say download, can you transfer them onto an mP3 player for instance to play outside of Spotify?


El 03/04/2018 a las 01:39 p.m., Tyler Wood escribió:
Hi,

I use the regular spotify program for pre windows 10 devices.

The windows 10 app is usable, but you can't up or down arrow because of the store app designs and need to use object nav or tab. Apart from that, though, the layout is exactly the same and you can even find local playlists from iTunes and windows media player to import into spotify.


I also want to say that with a premium account downloading songs to your computer is possible, too.

Hope that helps some


On 03-Apr-2018 1:27 PM, Gerardo Corripio wrote:
Which page do you use for this? because I've two which is the regular Spotify page, and also play.spotify.com which is a web-based player.


El 03/04/2018 a las 01:10 p.m., Tyler Wood escribió:
Hi,

Again, I'm confused.

What part of spotify's web interface is inaccessible?

Everyone keeps saying that so I must be missing something. I see all of the controls, songs, ability to remote control other devices.

Seriously, help me out here guys. I can right click on a song and add it to my playlist and it's no better or worse than any other web interface I've used. The results for said right click show up at the bottom of the screen, just like they do with something like resilio.

Spotify has always been accessible on devices since I've been using it, including mobile, at least since 2013.



On 03-Apr-2018 8:53 AM, Gerardo Corripio wrote:
Also I think i heard somewhere that Google Play music, has a Windows program that allows you to listen online, and/or download your music onto the computer, especially good for folks like my Dad because of generational things, he wants for music to be available on his mP3 Sansa player, USB and other media he can listen to wihtout depending of an app and a SmartPHone.
El 02/04/2018 a las 11:43 a.m., Perry Simm via Groups.Io escribió:
Hello,
as far as an accessible web interface is concerned, I can recommend Google Play Music. It uses headings, has keyboard shortcuts, all buttons have reasonable descriptions, and if used with Chrome it doesn't even require the security risk called Flash. It's an accessibility success story too few people know about, in sharp contrast to Spotify which, in my opinion, never really cared.
Cheers Perry


​Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.​

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐

On April 2, 2018 3:28 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

No connection whatsoever with this, but in this age of inclusively, should

not a company now about to or is listed not be actually trying to increase

their electronic footfall, rather than chucking people off who are blind.

its probably against the law in many countries, but as we often see, if you

are a powerful entity, you can do what you like. Some companies consider

social responsibility to be cheap to comply with and gives them brownie

points, while others carry on as if they were in a time 40 years ago.

I'll say no more but I had thought with flash being discontinued the age

of inaccessible web content was over.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk

Sent via blueyonder.

Please address personal E-mail to:-

briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'

in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----

From: "Robert Kingett" kingettr@gmail.com

To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Sent: Monday, April 02, 2018 2:46 PM

Subject: [nvda] Blindspot may need to close because of Spotify's changing

API.

Per Spotify's new API requirements,

meaning, they are killing off one in favor of the other, in this case,

web... means that accessible apps like BlindSpot may not work anymore. It

is a huge shame, but not at all shocking. The Git link is below to the

thread.

Before anybody asks, because I know many will, and not bother looking it

up, blindspot is an accessible, windowless, alternative application to

Spotify that works using the keyboard only, and is only on Windows. The

issue thread is below.

https://github.com/craigbrett17/blindspot/issues/38


--
Gera
Enviado desde Thunderbird




Re: Downloading Re: [nvda] Blindspot may need to close because of Spotify's changing API.

Tyler Wood
 

On 03-Apr-2018 2:26 PM, Gerardo Corripio wrote:
Wow that's interesting! I'm wit Spotify Premium, but I take it the app is only for Windows10? I'm on 7. When you say download, can you transfer them onto an mP3 player for instance to play outside of Spotify?


El 03/04/2018 a las 01:39 p.m., Tyler Wood escribió:
Hi,

I use the regular spotify program for pre windows 10 devices.

The windows 10 app is usable, but you can't up or down arrow because of the store app designs and need to use object nav or tab. Apart from that, though, the layout is exactly the same and you can even find local playlists from iTunes and windows media player to import into spotify.


I also want to say that with a premium account downloading songs to your computer is possible, too.

Hope that helps some


On 03-Apr-2018 1:27 PM, Gerardo Corripio wrote:
Which page do you use for this? because I've two which is the regular Spotify page, and also play.spotify.com which is a web-based player.


El 03/04/2018 a las 01:10 p.m., Tyler Wood escribió:
Hi,

Again, I'm confused.

What part of spotify's web interface is inaccessible?

Everyone keeps saying that so I must be missing something. I see all of the controls, songs, ability to remote control other devices.

Seriously, help me out here guys. I can right click on a song and add it to my playlist and it's no better or worse than any other web interface I've used. The results for said right click show up at the bottom of the screen, just like they do with something like resilio.

Spotify has always been accessible on devices since I've been using it, including mobile, at least since 2013.



On 03-Apr-2018 8:53 AM, Gerardo Corripio wrote:
Also I think i heard somewhere that Google Play music, has a Windows program that allows you to listen online, and/or download your music onto the computer, especially good for folks like my Dad because of generational things, he wants for music to be available on his mP3 Sansa player, USB and other media he can listen to wihtout depending of an app and a SmartPHone.
El 02/04/2018 a las 11:43 a.m., Perry Simm via Groups.Io escribió:
Hello,
as far as an accessible web interface is concerned, I can recommend Google Play Music. It uses headings, has keyboard shortcuts, all buttons have reasonable descriptions, and if used with Chrome it doesn't even require the security risk called Flash. It's an accessibility success story too few people know about, in sharp contrast to Spotify which, in my opinion, never really cared.
Cheers Perry


​Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.​

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐

On April 2, 2018 3:28 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

No connection whatsoever with this, but in this age of inclusively, should

not a company now about to or is listed not be actually trying to increase

their electronic footfall, rather than chucking people off who are blind.

its probably against the law in many countries, but as we often see, if you

are a powerful entity, you can do what you like. Some companies consider

social responsibility to be cheap to comply with and gives them brownie

points, while others carry on as if they were in a time 40 years ago.

I'll say no more but I had thought with flash being discontinued the age

of inaccessible web content was over.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk

Sent via blueyonder.

Please address personal E-mail to:-

briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'

in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----

From: "Robert Kingett" kingettr@gmail.com

To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Sent: Monday, April 02, 2018 2:46 PM

Subject: [nvda] Blindspot may need to close because of Spotify's changing

API.

Per Spotify's new API requirements,

meaning, they are killing off one in favor of the other, in this case,

web... means that accessible apps like BlindSpot may not work anymore. It

is a huge shame, but not at all shocking. The Git link is below to the

thread.

Before anybody asks, because I know many will, and not bother looking it

up, blindspot is an accessible, windowless, alternative application to

Spotify that works using the keyboard only, and is only on Windows. The

issue thread is below.

https://github.com/craigbrett17/blindspot/issues/38







Re: Circomplex in Thunderbird

Kevin Cussick
 

Nope nothing here.

On 03/04/2018 02:31, Ron Canazzi wrote:
I am not experiencing this on my system.
On 4/2/2018 9:08 PM, Robert Mendoza wrote:
Not sure if anyone here noticed when reading mail in Thunderbird when scrolling down and heard of circomplex.  I am currently using NVDA version 2018.1.1 , I appreciate if you could shed your thoughts here. Thanks.


Seeking tips to work wit Spotify's app with NVDA

Gerardo Corripio
 

I wonder how can you guys say that the Spotify app itself is accessible? Let's take an example of wanting to open up a playlist, right? All I see when navegating with NVDA is something clikc and as hard as I press Enter, or space nothing happens! I went into NVDA's Links list, and can you believe that the links that should show to open playlists and like NVDA doesn't see them? So if you guys could put out an audio demo of how it's upposed to be accessible? or maybe the app needs updating?I?m using Spotify version 1.0.65 if this makes a difference. If updating is the key, how would I go about doing this? I see no menu bar, thus no update option within the program. So thanks for any tips.

--
Gera
Enviado desde Thunderbird


Re: Downloading Re: [nvda] Blindspot may need to close because of Spotify's changing API.

Gerardo Corripio
 

Wow and what's the process then to try it out?

El 03/04/2018 a las 02:41 p.m., The Wolf escribió:
as far as I know it is for both apps

I could be wrong on this if I am can some one correct me.

hth

Hank


On 4/3/2018 12:32 PM, Gerardo Corripio wrote:
OH OK thanks for the info. But I still wonder is downloading of tracks only for the Windows10 app, and not for Windows7 like I have?


El 03/04/2018 a las 02:29 p.m., Sarah k Alawami escribió:
No, these are drm tracks. There are ways to get them to non drm but I will not discuss that here, I will get  kicked. You might want to google for that in this case.

Take care

On Apr 3, 2018, at 12:26 PM, Gerardo Corripio <gera1027@gmail.com> wrote:

Wow that's interesting! I'm wit Spotify Premium, but I take it the app is only for Windows10? I'm on 7. When you say download, can you transfer them onto an mP3 player for instance to play outside of Spotify?


El 03/04/2018 a las 01:39 p.m., Tyler Wood escribió:
Hi,

I use the regular spotify program for pre windows 10 devices.

The windows 10 app is usable, but you can't up or down arrow because of the store app designs and need to use object nav or tab. Apart from that, though, the layout is exactly the same and you can even find local playlists from iTunes and windows media player to import into spotify.


I also want to say that with a premium account downloading songs to your computer is possible, too.

Hope that helps some


On 03-Apr-2018 1:27 PM, Gerardo Corripio wrote:
Which page do you use for this? because I've two which is the regular Spotify page, and also play.spotify.com which is a web-based player.


El 03/04/2018 a las 01:10 p.m., Tyler Wood escribió:
Hi,

Again, I'm confused.

What part of spotify's web interface is inaccessible?

Everyone keeps saying that so I must be missing something. I see all of the controls, songs, ability to remote control other devices.

Seriously, help me out here guys. I can right click on a song and add it to my playlist and it's no better or worse than any other web interface I've used. The results for said right click show up at the bottom of the screen, just like they do with something like resilio.

Spotify has always been accessible on devices since I've been using it, including mobile, at least since 2013.



On 03-Apr-2018 8:53 AM, Gerardo Corripio wrote:
Also I think i heard somewhere that Google Play music, has a Windows program that allows you to listen online, and/or download your music onto the computer, especially good for folks like my Dad because of generational things, he wants for music to be available on his mP3 Sansa player, USB and other media he can listen to wihtout depending of an app and a SmartPHone.
El 02/04/2018 a las 11:43 a.m., Perry Simm via Groups.Io escribió:
Hello,
as far as an accessible web interface is concerned, I can recommend Google Play Music. It uses headings, has keyboard shortcuts, all buttons have reasonable descriptions, and if used with Chrome it doesn't even require the security risk called Flash. It's an accessibility success story too few people know about, in sharp contrast to Spotify which, in my opinion, never really cared.
Cheers Perry


​Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.​

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐

On April 2, 2018 3:28 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

No connection whatsoever with this, but in this age of inclusively, should

not a company now about to or is listed not be actually trying to increase

their electronic footfall, rather than chucking people off who are blind.

its probably against the law in many countries, but as we often see, if you

are a powerful entity, you can do what you like. Some companies consider

social responsibility to be cheap to comply with and gives them brownie

points, while others carry on as if they were in a time 40 years ago.

I'll say no more but I had thought with flash being discontinued the age

of inaccessible web content was over.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk

Sent via blueyonder.

Please address personal E-mail to:-

briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'

in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----

From: "Robert Kingett" kingettr@gmail.com

To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Sent: Monday, April 02, 2018 2:46 PM

Subject: [nvda] Blindspot may need to close because of Spotify's changing

API.

Per Spotify's new API requirements,

meaning, they are killing off one in favor of the other, in this case,

web... means that accessible apps like BlindSpot may not work anymore. It

is a huge shame, but not at all shocking. The Git link is below to the

thread.

Before anybody asks, because I know many will, and not bother looking it

up, blindspot is an accessible, windowless, alternative application to

Spotify that works using the keyboard only, and is only on Windows. The

issue thread is below.

https://github.com/craigbrett17/blindspot/issues/38


--
Gera
Enviado desde Thunderbird




--
Gera
Enviado desde Thunderbird


Re: Downloading Re: [nvda] Blindspot may need to close because of Spotify's changing API.

 

as far as I know it is for both apps

I could be wrong on this if I am can some one correct me.

hth

Hank

On 4/3/2018 12:32 PM, Gerardo Corripio wrote:
OH OK thanks for the info. But I still wonder is downloading of tracks only for the Windows10 app, and not for Windows7 like I have?


El 03/04/2018 a las 02:29 p.m., Sarah k Alawami escribió:
No, these are drm tracks. There are ways to get them to non drm but I will not discuss that here, I will get  kicked. You might want to google for that in this case.

Take care

On Apr 3, 2018, at 12:26 PM, Gerardo Corripio <gera1027@gmail.com> wrote:

Wow that's interesting! I'm wit Spotify Premium, but I take it the app is only for Windows10? I'm on 7. When you say download, can you transfer them onto an mP3 player for instance to play outside of Spotify?


El 03/04/2018 a las 01:39 p.m., Tyler Wood escribió:
Hi,

I use the regular spotify program for pre windows 10 devices.

The windows 10 app is usable, but you can't up or down arrow because of the store app designs and need to use object nav or tab. Apart from that, though, the layout is exactly the same and you can even find local playlists from iTunes and windows media player to import into spotify.


I also want to say that with a premium account downloading songs to your computer is possible, too.

Hope that helps some


On 03-Apr-2018 1:27 PM, Gerardo Corripio wrote:
Which page do you use for this? because I've two which is the regular Spotify page, and also play.spotify.com which is a web-based player.


El 03/04/2018 a las 01:10 p.m., Tyler Wood escribió:
Hi,

Again, I'm confused.

What part of spotify's web interface is inaccessible?

Everyone keeps saying that so I must be missing something. I see all of the controls, songs, ability to remote control other devices.

Seriously, help me out here guys. I can right click on a song and add it to my playlist and it's no better or worse than any other web interface I've used. The results for said right click show up at the bottom of the screen, just like they do with something like resilio.

Spotify has always been accessible on devices since I've been using it, including mobile, at least since 2013.



On 03-Apr-2018 8:53 AM, Gerardo Corripio wrote:
Also I think i heard somewhere that Google Play music, has a Windows program that allows you to listen online, and/or download your music onto the computer, especially good for folks like my Dad because of generational things, he wants for music to be available on his mP3 Sansa player, USB and other media he can listen to wihtout depending of an app and a SmartPHone.
El 02/04/2018 a las 11:43 a.m., Perry Simm via Groups.Io escribió:
Hello,
as far as an accessible web interface is concerned, I can recommend Google Play Music. It uses headings, has keyboard shortcuts, all buttons have reasonable descriptions, and if used with Chrome it doesn't even require the security risk called Flash. It's an accessibility success story too few people know about, in sharp contrast to Spotify which, in my opinion, never really cared.
Cheers Perry


​Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.​

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐

On April 2, 2018 3:28 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

No connection whatsoever with this, but in this age of inclusively, should

not a company now about to or is listed not be actually trying to increase

their electronic footfall, rather than chucking people off who are blind.

its probably against the law in many countries, but as we often see, if you

are a powerful entity, you can do what you like. Some companies consider

social responsibility to be cheap to comply with and gives them brownie

points, while others carry on as if they were in a time 40 years ago.

I'll say no more but I had thought with flash being discontinued the age

of inaccessible web content was over.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk

Sent via blueyonder.

Please address personal E-mail to:-

briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'

in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----

From: "Robert Kingett" kingettr@gmail.com

To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Sent: Monday, April 02, 2018 2:46 PM

Subject: [nvda] Blindspot may need to close because of Spotify's changing

API.

Per Spotify's new API requirements,

meaning, they are killing off one in favor of the other, in this case,

web... means that accessible apps like BlindSpot may not work anymore. It

is a huge shame, but not at all shocking. The Git link is below to the

thread.

Before anybody asks, because I know many will, and not bother looking it

up, blindspot is an accessible, windowless, alternative application to

Spotify that works using the keyboard only, and is only on Windows. The

issue thread is below.

https://github.com/craigbrett17/blindspot/issues/38


--
Gera
Enviado desde Thunderbird




--
check out my song on youtube
https://youtu.be/YeWgx2LRu7Y


Re: Downloading Re: [nvda] Blindspot may need to close because of Spotify's changing API.

 

no there is a app for regular windows as well as windows10

On 4/3/2018 12:26 PM, Gerardo Corripio wrote:
Wow that's interesting! I'm wit Spotify Premium, but I take it the app is only for Windows10? I'm on 7. When you say download, can you transfer them onto an mP3 player for instance to play outside of Spotify?


El 03/04/2018 a las 01:39 p.m., Tyler Wood escribió:
Hi,

I use the regular spotify program for pre windows 10 devices.

The windows 10 app is usable, but you can't up or down arrow because of the store app designs and need to use object nav or tab. Apart from that, though, the layout is exactly the same and you can even find local playlists from iTunes and windows media player to import into spotify.


I also want to say that with a premium account downloading songs to your computer is possible, too.

Hope that helps some


On 03-Apr-2018 1:27 PM, Gerardo Corripio wrote:
Which page do you use for this? because I've two which is the regular Spotify page, and also play.spotify.com which is a web-based player.


El 03/04/2018 a las 01:10 p.m., Tyler Wood escribió:
Hi,

Again, I'm confused.

What part of spotify's web interface is inaccessible?

Everyone keeps saying that so I must be missing something. I see all of the controls, songs, ability to remote control other devices.

Seriously, help me out here guys. I can right click on a song and add it to my playlist and it's no better or worse than any other web interface I've used. The results for said right click show up at the bottom of the screen, just like they do with something like resilio.

Spotify has always been accessible on devices since I've been using it, including mobile, at least since 2013.



On 03-Apr-2018 8:53 AM, Gerardo Corripio wrote:
Also I think i heard somewhere that Google Play music, has a Windows program that allows you to listen online, and/or download your music onto the computer, especially good for folks like my Dad because of generational things, he wants for music to be available on his mP3 Sansa player, USB and other media he can listen to wihtout depending of an app and a SmartPHone.
El 02/04/2018 a las 11:43 a.m., Perry Simm via Groups.Io escribió:
Hello,
as far as an accessible web interface is concerned, I can recommend Google Play Music. It uses headings, has keyboard shortcuts, all buttons have reasonable descriptions, and if used with Chrome it doesn't even require the security risk called Flash. It's an accessibility success story too few people know about, in sharp contrast to Spotify which, in my opinion, never really cared.
Cheers Perry


​Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.​

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐

On April 2, 2018 3:28 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

No connection whatsoever with this, but in this age of inclusively, should

not a company now about to or is listed not be actually trying to increase

their electronic footfall, rather than chucking people off who are blind.

its probably against the law in many countries, but as we often see, if you

are a powerful entity, you can do what you like. Some companies consider

social responsibility to be cheap to comply with and gives them brownie

points, while others carry on as if they were in a time 40 years ago.

I'll say no more but I had thought with flash being discontinued the age

of inaccessible web content was over.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk

Sent via blueyonder.

Please address personal E-mail to:-

briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'

in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----

From: "Robert Kingett" kingettr@gmail.com

To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Sent: Monday, April 02, 2018 2:46 PM

Subject: [nvda] Blindspot may need to close because of Spotify's changing

API.

Per Spotify's new API requirements,

meaning, they are killing off one in favor of the other, in this case,

web... means that accessible apps like BlindSpot may not work anymore. It

is a huge shame, but not at all shocking. The Git link is below to the

thread.

Before anybody asks, because I know many will, and not bother looking it

up, blindspot is an accessible, windowless, alternative application to

Spotify that works using the keyboard only, and is only on Windows. The

issue thread is below.

https://github.com/craigbrett17/blindspot/issues/38






--
check out my song on youtube
https://youtu.be/YeWgx2LRu7Y


Re: Downloading Re: [nvda] Blindspot may need to close because of Spotify's changing API.

Gerardo Corripio
 

OH OK thanks for the info. But I still wonder is downloading of tracks only for the Windows10 app, and not for Windows7 like I have?

El 03/04/2018 a las 02:29 p.m., Sarah k Alawami escribió:
No, these are drm tracks. There are ways to get them to non drm but I will not discuss that here, I will get kicked. You might want to google for that in this case.

Take care

On Apr 3, 2018, at 12:26 PM, Gerardo Corripio <gera1027@gmail.com> wrote:

Wow that's interesting! I'm wit Spotify Premium, but I take it the app is only for Windows10? I'm on 7. When you say download, can you transfer them onto an mP3 player for instance to play outside of Spotify?


El 03/04/2018 a las 01:39 p.m., Tyler Wood escribió:
Hi,

I use the regular spotify program for pre windows 10 devices.

The windows 10 app is usable, but you can't up or down arrow because of the store app designs and need to use object nav or tab. Apart from that, though, the layout is exactly the same and you can even find local playlists from iTunes and windows media player to import into spotify.


I also want to say that with a premium account downloading songs to your computer is possible, too.

Hope that helps some


On 03-Apr-2018 1:27 PM, Gerardo Corripio wrote:
Which page do you use for this? because I've two which is the regular Spotify page, and also play.spotify.com which is a web-based player.


El 03/04/2018 a las 01:10 p.m., Tyler Wood escribió:
Hi,

Again, I'm confused.

What part of spotify's web interface is inaccessible?

Everyone keeps saying that so I must be missing something. I see all of the controls, songs, ability to remote control other devices.

Seriously, help me out here guys. I can right click on a song and add it to my playlist and it's no better or worse than any other web interface I've used. The results for said right click show up at the bottom of the screen, just like they do with something like resilio.

Spotify has always been accessible on devices since I've been using it, including mobile, at least since 2013.



On 03-Apr-2018 8:53 AM, Gerardo Corripio wrote:
Also I think i heard somewhere that Google Play music, has a Windows program that allows you to listen online, and/or download your music onto the computer, especially good for folks like my Dad because of generational things, he wants for music to be available on his mP3 Sansa player, USB and other media he can listen to wihtout depending of an app and a SmartPHone.
El 02/04/2018 a las 11:43 a.m., Perry Simm via Groups.Io escribió:
Hello,
as far as an accessible web interface is concerned, I can recommend Google Play Music. It uses headings, has keyboard shortcuts, all buttons have reasonable descriptions, and if used with Chrome it doesn't even require the security risk called Flash. It's an accessibility success story too few people know about, in sharp contrast to Spotify which, in my opinion, never really cared.
Cheers Perry


​Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.​

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐

On April 2, 2018 3:28 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

No connection whatsoever with this, but in this age of inclusively, should

not a company now about to or is listed not be actually trying to increase

their electronic footfall, rather than chucking people off who are blind.

its probably against the law in many countries, but as we often see, if you

are a powerful entity, you can do what you like. Some companies consider

social responsibility to be cheap to comply with and gives them brownie

points, while others carry on as if they were in a time 40 years ago.

I'll say no more but I had thought with flash being discontinued the age

of inaccessible web content was over.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk

Sent via blueyonder.

Please address personal E-mail to:-

briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'

in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----

From: "Robert Kingett" kingettr@gmail.com

To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Sent: Monday, April 02, 2018 2:46 PM

Subject: [nvda] Blindspot may need to close because of Spotify's changing

API.

Per Spotify's new API requirements,

meaning, they are killing off one in favor of the other, in this case,

web... means that accessible apps like BlindSpot may not work anymore. It

is a huge shame, but not at all shocking. The Git link is below to the

thread.

Before anybody asks, because I know many will, and not bother looking it

up, blindspot is an accessible, windowless, alternative application to

Spotify that works using the keyboard only, and is only on Windows. The

issue thread is below.

https://github.com/craigbrett17/blindspot/issues/38


--
Gera
Enviado desde Thunderbird



--
Gera
Enviado desde Thunderbird


Re: Downloading Re: [nvda] Blindspot may need to close because of Spotify's changing API.

Sarah k Alawami
 

No, these are drm tracks. There are ways to get them to non drm but I will not discuss that here, I will get kicked. You might want to google for that in this case.

Take care

On Apr 3, 2018, at 12:26 PM, Gerardo Corripio <gera1027@gmail.com> wrote:

Wow that's interesting! I'm wit Spotify Premium, but I take it the app is only for Windows10? I'm on 7. When you say download, can you transfer them onto an mP3 player for instance to play outside of Spotify?


El 03/04/2018 a las 01:39 p.m., Tyler Wood escribió:
Hi,

I use the regular spotify program for pre windows 10 devices.

The windows 10 app is usable, but you can't up or down arrow because of the store app designs and need to use object nav or tab. Apart from that, though, the layout is exactly the same and you can even find local playlists from iTunes and windows media player to import into spotify.


I also want to say that with a premium account downloading songs to your computer is possible, too.

Hope that helps some


On 03-Apr-2018 1:27 PM, Gerardo Corripio wrote:
Which page do you use for this? because I've two which is the regular Spotify page, and also play.spotify.com which is a web-based player.


El 03/04/2018 a las 01:10 p.m., Tyler Wood escribió:
Hi,

Again, I'm confused.

What part of spotify's web interface is inaccessible?

Everyone keeps saying that so I must be missing something. I see all of the controls, songs, ability to remote control other devices.

Seriously, help me out here guys. I can right click on a song and add it to my playlist and it's no better or worse than any other web interface I've used. The results for said right click show up at the bottom of the screen, just like they do with something like resilio.

Spotify has always been accessible on devices since I've been using it, including mobile, at least since 2013.



On 03-Apr-2018 8:53 AM, Gerardo Corripio wrote:
Also I think i heard somewhere that Google Play music, has a Windows program that allows you to listen online, and/or download your music onto the computer, especially good for folks like my Dad because of generational things, he wants for music to be available on his mP3 Sansa player, USB and other media he can listen to wihtout depending of an app and a SmartPHone.
El 02/04/2018 a las 11:43 a.m., Perry Simm via Groups.Io escribió:
Hello,
as far as an accessible web interface is concerned, I can recommend Google Play Music. It uses headings, has keyboard shortcuts, all buttons have reasonable descriptions, and if used with Chrome it doesn't even require the security risk called Flash. It's an accessibility success story too few people know about, in sharp contrast to Spotify which, in my opinion, never really cared.
Cheers Perry


​Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.​

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐

On April 2, 2018 3:28 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

No connection whatsoever with this, but in this age of inclusively, should

not a company now about to or is listed not be actually trying to increase

their electronic footfall, rather than chucking people off who are blind.

its probably against the law in many countries, but as we often see, if you

are a powerful entity, you can do what you like. Some companies consider

social responsibility to be cheap to comply with and gives them brownie

points, while others carry on as if they were in a time 40 years ago.

I'll say no more but I had thought with flash being discontinued the age

of inaccessible web content was over.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk

Sent via blueyonder.

Please address personal E-mail to:-

briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'

in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----

From: "Robert Kingett" kingettr@gmail.com

To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Sent: Monday, April 02, 2018 2:46 PM

Subject: [nvda] Blindspot may need to close because of Spotify's changing

API.

Per Spotify's new API requirements,

meaning, they are killing off one in favor of the other, in this case,

web... means that accessible apps like BlindSpot may not work anymore. It

is a huge shame, but not at all shocking. The Git link is below to the

thread.

Before anybody asks, because I know many will, and not bother looking it

up, blindspot is an accessible, windowless, alternative application to

Spotify that works using the keyboard only, and is only on Windows. The

issue thread is below.

https://github.com/craigbrett17/blindspot/issues/38





--
Gera
Enviado desde Thunderbird




Re: Blindspot may need to close because of Spotify's changing API.

Gerardo Corripio
 

Yes please please! and if when downloaded, can they only be played on Spotify, or can they be transfered to other players like a Victor Reader Stream, for instance?

El 03/04/2018 a las 01:57 p.m., The Wolf escribió:
can you tell me how to download songs with spotify? I could never figure this out

I am on the payed plan


On 4/3/2018 11:39 AM, Tyler Wood wrote:
Hi,

I use the regular spotify program for pre windows 10 devices.

The windows 10 app is usable, but you can't up or down arrow because of the store app designs and need to use object nav or tab. Apart from that, though, the layout is exactly the same and you can even find local playlists from iTunes and windows media player to import into spotify.


I also want to say that with a premium account downloading songs to your computer is possible, too.

Hope that helps some


On 03-Apr-2018 1:27 PM, Gerardo Corripio wrote:
Which page do you use for this? because I've two which is the regular Spotify page, and also play.spotify.com which is a web-based player.


El 03/04/2018 a las 01:10 p.m., Tyler Wood escribió:
Hi,

Again, I'm confused.

What part of spotify's web interface is inaccessible?

Everyone keeps saying that so I must be missing something. I see all of the controls, songs, ability to remote control other devices.

Seriously, help me out here guys. I can right click on a song and add it to my playlist and it's no better or worse than any other web interface I've used. The results for said right click show up at the bottom of the screen, just like they do with something like resilio.

Spotify has always been accessible on devices since I've been using it, including mobile, at least since 2013.



On 03-Apr-2018 8:53 AM, Gerardo Corripio wrote:
Also I think i heard somewhere that Google Play music, has a Windows program that allows you to listen online, and/or download your music onto the computer, especially good for folks like my Dad because of generational things, he wants for music to be available on his mP3 Sansa player, USB and other media he can listen to wihtout depending of an app and a SmartPHone.
El 02/04/2018 a las 11:43 a.m., Perry Simm via Groups.Io escribió:
Hello,
as far as an accessible web interface is concerned, I can recommend Google Play Music. It uses headings, has keyboard shortcuts, all buttons have reasonable descriptions, and if used with Chrome it doesn't even require the security risk called Flash. It's an accessibility success story too few people know about, in sharp contrast to Spotify which, in my opinion, never really cared.
Cheers Perry


​Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.​

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐

On April 2, 2018 3:28 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

No connection whatsoever with this, but in this age of inclusively, should

not a company now about to or is listed not be actually trying to increase

their electronic footfall, rather than chucking people off who are blind.

its probably against the law in many countries, but as we often see, if you

are a powerful entity, you can do what you like. Some companies consider

social responsibility to be cheap to comply with and gives them brownie

points, while others carry on as if they were in a time 40 years ago.

I'll say no more but I had thought with flash being discontinued the age

of inaccessible web content was over.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk

Sent via blueyonder.

Please address personal E-mail to:-

briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'

in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----

From: "Robert Kingett" kingettr@gmail.com

To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Sent: Monday, April 02, 2018 2:46 PM

Subject: [nvda] Blindspot may need to close because of Spotify's changing

API.

Per Spotify's new API requirements,

meaning, they are killing off one in favor of the other, in this case,

web... means that accessible apps like BlindSpot may not work anymore. It

is a huge shame, but not at all shocking. The Git link is below to the

thread.

Before anybody asks, because I know many will, and not bother looking it

up, blindspot is an accessible, windowless, alternative application to

Spotify that works using the keyboard only, and is only on Windows. The

issue thread is below.

https://github.com/craigbrett17/blindspot/issues/38







--
Gera
Enviado desde Thunderbird


Re: Blindspot may need to close because of Spotify's changing API.

Gene
 

How are you using it?  Are you using the desktop computer program     or the web interface with a computer or an appwith a device?  My impression is that accessibility differs considerably, depending on what interface you are using.
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
From: Tyler Wood
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2018 1:10 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Blindspot may need to close because of Spotify's changing API.

Hi,

Again, I'm confused.

What part of spotify's web interface is inaccessible?

Everyone keeps saying that so I must be missing something. I see all of
the controls, songs, ability to remote control other devices.

Seriously, help me out here guys. I can right click on a song and add it
to my playlist and it's no better or worse than any other web interface
I've used. The results for said right click show up at the bottom of the
screen, just like they do with something like resilio.

Spotify has always been accessible on devices since I've been using it,
including mobile, at least since 2013.



On 03-Apr-2018 8:53 AM, Gerardo Corripio wrote:
> Also I think i heard somewhere that Google Play music, has a Windows
> program that allows you to listen online, and/or download your music
> onto the computer, especially good for folks like my Dad because of
> generational things, he wants for music to be available on his mP3
> Sansa player, USB and other media he can listen to wihtout depending
> of an app and a SmartPHone.
> El 02/04/2018 a las 11:43 a.m., Perry Simm via Groups.Io escribió:
>> Hello,
>> as far as an accessible web interface is concerned, I can recommend
>> Google Play Music. It uses headings, has keyboard shortcuts, all
>> buttons have reasonable descriptions, and if used with Chrome it
>> doesn't even require the security risk called Flash. It's an
>> accessibility success story too few people know about, in sharp
>> contrast to Spotify which, in my opinion, never really cared.
>> Cheers Perry
>>
>>
>> ​Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.​
>>
>> ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
>>
>> On April 2, 2018 3:28 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
>> <bglists@...> wrote:
>>
>>> No connection whatsoever with this, but in this age of inclusively,
>>> should
>>>
>>> not a company now about to or is listed not be actually trying to
>>> increase
>>>
>>> their electronic footfall, rather than chucking people off who are
>>> blind.
>>>
>>> its probably against the law in many countries, but as we often see,
>>> if you
>>>
>>> are a powerful entity, you can do what you like. Some companies
>>> consider
>>>
>>> social responsibility to be cheap to comply with and gives them brownie
>>>
>>> points, while others carry on as if they were in a time 40 years ago.
>>>
>>> I'll say no more but I had thought with flash being discontinued the
>>> age
>>>
>>> of inaccessible web content was over.
>>>
>>> Brian
>>>
>>> bglists@...
>>>
>>> Sent via blueyonder.
>>>
>>> Please address personal E-mail to:-
>>>
>>> briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
>>>
>>> in the display name field.
>>>
>>> ----- Original Message -----
>>>
>>> From: "Robert Kingett" kingettr@...
>>>
>>> To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
>>>
>>> Sent: Monday, April 02, 2018 2:46 PM
>>>
>>> Subject: [nvda] Blindspot may need to close because of Spotify's
>>> changing
>>>
>>> API.
>>>
>>>> Per Spotify's new API requirements,
>>>>
>>>> meaning, they are killing off one in favor of the other, in this case,
>>>>
>>>> web... means that accessible apps like BlindSpot may not work
>>>> anymore. It
>>>>
>>>> is a huge shame, but not at all shocking. The Git link is below to the
>>>>
>>>> thread.
>>>>
>>>> Before anybody asks, because I know many will, and not bother
>>>> looking it
>>>>
>>>> up, blindspot is an accessible, windowless, alternative application to
>>>>
>>>> Spotify that works using the keyboard only, and is only on Windows.
>>>> The
>>>>
>>>> issue thread is below.
>>>>
>>>> https://github.com/craigbrett17/blindspot/issues/38
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>




Downloading Re: [nvda] Blindspot may need to close because of Spotify's changing API.

Gerardo Corripio
 

Wow that's interesting! I'm wit Spotify Premium, but I take it the app is only for Windows10? I'm on 7. When you say download, can you transfer them onto an mP3 player for instance to play outside of Spotify?

El 03/04/2018 a las 01:39 p.m., Tyler Wood escribió:
Hi,

I use the regular spotify program for pre windows 10 devices.

The windows 10 app is usable, but you can't up or down arrow because of the store app designs and need to use object nav or tab. Apart from that, though, the layout is exactly the same and you can even find local playlists from iTunes and windows media player to import into spotify.


I also want to say that with a premium account downloading songs to your computer is possible, too.

Hope that helps some


On 03-Apr-2018 1:27 PM, Gerardo Corripio wrote:
Which page do you use for this? because I've two which is the regular Spotify page, and also play.spotify.com which is a web-based player.


El 03/04/2018 a las 01:10 p.m., Tyler Wood escribió:
Hi,

Again, I'm confused.

What part of spotify's web interface is inaccessible?

Everyone keeps saying that so I must be missing something. I see all of the controls, songs, ability to remote control other devices.

Seriously, help me out here guys. I can right click on a song and add it to my playlist and it's no better or worse than any other web interface I've used. The results for said right click show up at the bottom of the screen, just like they do with something like resilio.

Spotify has always been accessible on devices since I've been using it, including mobile, at least since 2013.



On 03-Apr-2018 8:53 AM, Gerardo Corripio wrote:
Also I think i heard somewhere that Google Play music, has a Windows program that allows you to listen online, and/or download your music onto the computer, especially good for folks like my Dad because of generational things, he wants for music to be available on his mP3 Sansa player, USB and other media he can listen to wihtout depending of an app and a SmartPHone.
El 02/04/2018 a las 11:43 a.m., Perry Simm via Groups.Io escribió:
Hello,
as far as an accessible web interface is concerned, I can recommend Google Play Music. It uses headings, has keyboard shortcuts, all buttons have reasonable descriptions, and if used with Chrome it doesn't even require the security risk called Flash. It's an accessibility success story too few people know about, in sharp contrast to Spotify which, in my opinion, never really cared.
Cheers Perry


​Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.​

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐

On April 2, 2018 3:28 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

No connection whatsoever with this, but in this age of inclusively, should

not a company now about to or is listed not be actually trying to increase

their electronic footfall, rather than chucking people off who are blind.

its probably against the law in many countries, but as we often see, if you

are a powerful entity, you can do what you like. Some companies consider

social responsibility to be cheap to comply with and gives them brownie

points, while others carry on as if they were in a time 40 years ago.

I'll say no more but I had thought with flash being discontinued the age

of inaccessible web content was over.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk

Sent via blueyonder.

Please address personal E-mail to:-

briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'

in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----

From: "Robert Kingett" kingettr@gmail.com

To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Sent: Monday, April 02, 2018 2:46 PM

Subject: [nvda] Blindspot may need to close because of Spotify's changing

API.

Per Spotify's new API requirements,

meaning, they are killing off one in favor of the other, in this case,

web... means that accessible apps like BlindSpot may not work anymore. It

is a huge shame, but not at all shocking. The Git link is below to the

thread.

Before anybody asks, because I know many will, and not bother looking it

up, blindspot is an accessible, windowless, alternative application to

Spotify that works using the keyboard only, and is only on Windows. The

issue thread is below.

https://github.com/craigbrett17/blindspot/issues/38





--
Gera
Enviado desde Thunderbird


Re: Blindspot may need to close because of Spotify's changing API.

 

can you tell me how to download songs with spotify? I could never figure this out

I am on the payed plan

On 4/3/2018 11:39 AM, Tyler Wood wrote:
Hi,

I use the regular spotify program for pre windows 10 devices.

The windows 10 app is usable, but you can't up or down arrow because of the store app designs and need to use object nav or tab. Apart from that, though, the layout is exactly the same and you can even find local playlists from iTunes and windows media player to import into spotify.


I also want to say that with a premium account downloading songs to your computer is possible, too.

Hope that helps some


On 03-Apr-2018 1:27 PM, Gerardo Corripio wrote:
Which page do you use for this? because I've two which is the regular Spotify page, and also play.spotify.com which is a web-based player.


El 03/04/2018 a las 01:10 p.m., Tyler Wood escribió:
Hi,

Again, I'm confused.

What part of spotify's web interface is inaccessible?

Everyone keeps saying that so I must be missing something. I see all of the controls, songs, ability to remote control other devices.

Seriously, help me out here guys. I can right click on a song and add it to my playlist and it's no better or worse than any other web interface I've used. The results for said right click show up at the bottom of the screen, just like they do with something like resilio.

Spotify has always been accessible on devices since I've been using it, including mobile, at least since 2013.



On 03-Apr-2018 8:53 AM, Gerardo Corripio wrote:
Also I think i heard somewhere that Google Play music, has a Windows program that allows you to listen online, and/or download your music onto the computer, especially good for folks like my Dad because of generational things, he wants for music to be available on his mP3 Sansa player, USB and other media he can listen to wihtout depending of an app and a SmartPHone.
El 02/04/2018 a las 11:43 a.m., Perry Simm via Groups.Io escribió:
Hello,
as far as an accessible web interface is concerned, I can recommend Google Play Music. It uses headings, has keyboard shortcuts, all buttons have reasonable descriptions, and if used with Chrome it doesn't even require the security risk called Flash. It's an accessibility success story too few people know about, in sharp contrast to Spotify which, in my opinion, never really cared.
Cheers Perry


​Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.​

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐

On April 2, 2018 3:28 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

No connection whatsoever with this, but in this age of inclusively, should

not a company now about to or is listed not be actually trying to increase

their electronic footfall, rather than chucking people off who are blind.

its probably against the law in many countries, but as we often see, if you

are a powerful entity, you can do what you like. Some companies consider

social responsibility to be cheap to comply with and gives them brownie

points, while others carry on as if they were in a time 40 years ago.

I'll say no more but I had thought with flash being discontinued the age

of inaccessible web content was over.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk

Sent via blueyonder.

Please address personal E-mail to:-

briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'

in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----

From: "Robert Kingett" kingettr@gmail.com

To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Sent: Monday, April 02, 2018 2:46 PM

Subject: [nvda] Blindspot may need to close because of Spotify's changing

API.

Per Spotify's new API requirements,

meaning, they are killing off one in favor of the other, in this case,

web... means that accessible apps like BlindSpot may not work anymore. It

is a huge shame, but not at all shocking. The Git link is below to the

thread.

Before anybody asks, because I know many will, and not bother looking it

up, blindspot is an accessible, windowless, alternative application to

Spotify that works using the keyboard only, and is only on Windows. The

issue thread is below.

https://github.com/craigbrett17/blindspot/issues/38






--
check out my song on youtube
https://youtu.be/YeWgx2LRu7Y


Re: Blindspot may need to close because of Spotify's changing API.

Tyler Wood
 

Hi,

I use the regular spotify program for pre windows 10 devices.

The windows 10 app is usable, but you can't up or down arrow because of the store app designs and need to use object nav or tab. Apart from that, though, the layout is exactly the same and you can even find local playlists from iTunes and windows media player to import into spotify.


I also want to say that with a premium account downloading songs to your computer is possible, too.

Hope that helps some

On 03-Apr-2018 1:27 PM, Gerardo Corripio wrote:
Which page do you use for this? because I've two which is the regular Spotify page, and also play.spotify.com which is a web-based player.


El 03/04/2018 a las 01:10 p.m., Tyler Wood escribió:
Hi,

Again, I'm confused.

What part of spotify's web interface is inaccessible?

Everyone keeps saying that so I must be missing something. I see all of the controls, songs, ability to remote control other devices.

Seriously, help me out here guys. I can right click on a song and add it to my playlist and it's no better or worse than any other web interface I've used. The results for said right click show up at the bottom of the screen, just like they do with something like resilio.

Spotify has always been accessible on devices since I've been using it, including mobile, at least since 2013.



On 03-Apr-2018 8:53 AM, Gerardo Corripio wrote:
Also I think i heard somewhere that Google Play music, has a Windows program that allows you to listen online, and/or download your music onto the computer, especially good for folks like my Dad because of generational things, he wants for music to be available on his mP3 Sansa player, USB and other media he can listen to wihtout depending of an app and a SmartPHone.
El 02/04/2018 a las 11:43 a.m., Perry Simm via Groups.Io escribió:
Hello,
as far as an accessible web interface is concerned, I can recommend Google Play Music. It uses headings, has keyboard shortcuts, all buttons have reasonable descriptions, and if used with Chrome it doesn't even require the security risk called Flash. It's an accessibility success story too few people know about, in sharp contrast to Spotify which, in my opinion, never really cared.
Cheers Perry


​Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.​

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐

On April 2, 2018 3:28 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

No connection whatsoever with this, but in this age of inclusively, should

not a company now about to or is listed not be actually trying to increase

their electronic footfall, rather than chucking people off who are blind.

its probably against the law in many countries, but as we often see, if you

are a powerful entity, you can do what you like. Some companies consider

social responsibility to be cheap to comply with and gives them brownie

points, while others carry on as if they were in a time 40 years ago.

I'll say no more but I had thought with flash being discontinued the age

of inaccessible web content was over.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk

Sent via blueyonder.

Please address personal E-mail to:-

briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'

in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----

From: "Robert Kingett" kingettr@gmail.com

To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Sent: Monday, April 02, 2018 2:46 PM

Subject: [nvda] Blindspot may need to close because of Spotify's changing

API.

Per Spotify's new API requirements,

meaning, they are killing off one in favor of the other, in this case,

web... means that accessible apps like BlindSpot may not work anymore. It

is a huge shame, but not at all shocking. The Git link is below to the

thread.

Before anybody asks, because I know many will, and not bother looking it

up, blindspot is an accessible, windowless, alternative application to

Spotify that works using the keyboard only, and is only on Windows. The

issue thread is below.

https://github.com/craigbrett17/blindspot/issues/38





Re: Blindspot may need to close because of Spotify's changing API.

Gerardo Corripio
 

Which page do you use for this? because I've two which is the regular Spotify page, and also play.spotify.com which is a web-based player.

El 03/04/2018 a las 01:10 p.m., Tyler Wood escribió:
Hi,

Again, I'm confused.

What part of spotify's web interface is inaccessible?

Everyone keeps saying that so I must be missing something. I see all of the controls, songs, ability to remote control other devices.

Seriously, help me out here guys. I can right click on a song and add it to my playlist and it's no better or worse than any other web interface I've used. The results for said right click show up at the bottom of the screen, just like they do with something like resilio.

Spotify has always been accessible on devices since I've been using it, including mobile, at least since 2013.



On 03-Apr-2018 8:53 AM, Gerardo Corripio wrote:
Also I think i heard somewhere that Google Play music, has a Windows program that allows you to listen online, and/or download your music onto the computer, especially good for folks like my Dad because of generational things, he wants for music to be available on his mP3 Sansa player, USB and other media he can listen to wihtout depending of an app and a SmartPHone.
El 02/04/2018 a las 11:43 a.m., Perry Simm via Groups.Io escribió:
Hello,
as far as an accessible web interface is concerned, I can recommend Google Play Music. It uses headings, has keyboard shortcuts, all buttons have reasonable descriptions, and if used with Chrome it doesn't even require the security risk called Flash. It's an accessibility success story too few people know about, in sharp contrast to Spotify which, in my opinion, never really cared.
Cheers Perry


​Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.​

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐

On April 2, 2018 3:28 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

No connection whatsoever with this, but in this age of inclusively, should

not a company now about to or is listed not be actually trying to increase

their electronic footfall, rather than chucking people off who are blind.

its probably against the law in many countries, but as we often see, if you

are a powerful entity, you can do what you like. Some companies consider

social responsibility to be cheap to comply with and gives them brownie

points, while others carry on as if they were in a time 40 years ago.

I'll say no more but I had thought with flash being discontinued the age

of inaccessible web content was over.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk

Sent via blueyonder.

Please address personal E-mail to:-

briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'

in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----

From: "Robert Kingett" kingettr@gmail.com

To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Sent: Monday, April 02, 2018 2:46 PM

Subject: [nvda] Blindspot may need to close because of Spotify's changing

API.

Per Spotify's new API requirements,

meaning, they are killing off one in favor of the other, in this case,

web... means that accessible apps like BlindSpot may not work anymore. It

is a huge shame, but not at all shocking. The Git link is below to the

thread.

Before anybody asks, because I know many will, and not bother looking it

up, blindspot is an accessible, windowless, alternative application to

Spotify that works using the keyboard only, and is only on Windows. The

issue thread is below.

https://github.com/craigbrett17/blindspot/issues/38



--
Gera
Enviado desde Thunderbird


Re: Blindspot may need to close because of Spotify's changing API.

Tyler Wood
 

Hi,

Again, I'm confused.

What part of spotify's web interface is inaccessible?

Everyone keeps saying that so I must be missing something. I see all of the controls, songs, ability to remote control other devices.

Seriously, help me out here guys. I can right click on a song and add it to my playlist and it's no better or worse than any other web interface I've used. The results for said right click show up at the bottom of the screen, just like they do with something like resilio.

Spotify has always been accessible on devices since I've been using it, including mobile, at least since 2013.

On 03-Apr-2018 8:53 AM, Gerardo Corripio wrote:
Also I think i heard somewhere that Google Play music, has a Windows program that allows you to listen online, and/or download your music onto the computer, especially good for folks like my Dad because of generational things, he wants for music to be available on his mP3 Sansa player, USB and other media he can listen to wihtout depending of an app and a SmartPHone.
El 02/04/2018 a las 11:43 a.m., Perry Simm via Groups.Io escribió:
Hello,
as far as an accessible web interface is concerned, I can recommend Google Play Music. It uses headings, has keyboard shortcuts, all buttons have reasonable descriptions, and if used with Chrome it doesn't even require the security risk called Flash. It's an accessibility success story too few people know about, in sharp contrast to Spotify which, in my opinion, never really cared.
Cheers Perry


​Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.​

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐

On April 2, 2018 3:28 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

No connection whatsoever with this, but in this age of inclusively, should

not a company now about to or is listed not be actually trying to increase

their electronic footfall, rather than chucking people off who are blind.

its probably against the law in many countries, but as we often see, if you

are a powerful entity, you can do what you like. Some companies consider

social responsibility to be cheap to comply with and gives them brownie

points, while others carry on as if they were in a time 40 years ago.

I'll say no more but I had thought with flash being discontinued the age

of inaccessible web content was over.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk

Sent via blueyonder.

Please address personal E-mail to:-

briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'

in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----

From: "Robert Kingett" kingettr@gmail.com

To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Sent: Monday, April 02, 2018 2:46 PM

Subject: [nvda] Blindspot may need to close because of Spotify's changing

API.

Per Spotify's new API requirements,

meaning, they are killing off one in favor of the other, in this case,

web... means that accessible apps like BlindSpot may not work anymore. It

is a huge shame, but not at all shocking. The Git link is below to the

thread.

Before anybody asks, because I know many will, and not bother looking it

up, blindspot is an accessible, windowless, alternative application to

Spotify that works using the keyboard only, and is only on Windows. The

issue thread is below.

https://github.com/craigbrett17/blindspot/issues/38



Re: A weird problem with NVDA and Windows 10

 

I've already tried it, but as I said, I really can't send any command to my computerwhen it happens. :(

Em 03/04/2018 02:27, Jacob Kruger escreveu:

Sounds to me like could be screen lock/suspension - try hitting ctrl + alt + delete when the computer seems to have gone to sleep?


And, make sure that NVDA is set to be on at windows logon, etc., even if your computer normally logs in automatically.


Stay well


Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
"Resistance is futile, but, acceptance is versatile..."
On 2018/04/03 00:03, Ervin, Glenn wrote:

If there is no problem without NVDA, then NVDA is the problem.

So I would reinstall NVDA.

But you might do that after a checkdisk anyway.

To check a disk, go to computer on the desktop, or whatever it’s called in windows 10, (This PC I think).

Move to your main drive and press alt + enter.

Control + tab to tools.

Tab down to drive check.

Make sure both items are checked and space bar on start or okay.

It will only check the drive after you restart, and it will take longer than usual to restart, because it will be checking the drive.

Glenn

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of marcio via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2018 4:58 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] A weird problem with NVDA and Windows 10

 

Yes, I tried it without NVDA and that's ok. No problem using my computer.

About CHKDSK, how I can proceed to use it?

Em 02/04/2018 18:50, Ervin, Glenn escreveu:

Have you tried it without NVDA running?
It sounds more like an operating system problem, and not NVDA.
I would recommend unloading NVDA and load Narrator and see if it still happens.
If it only happens with NVDA, you could reinstall it.
If it does not happen with Narrator, I would try a chkdsk in tools of the drive properties.
HTH.
Glenn
 
-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of marcio via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2018 4:24 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] A weird problem with NVDA and Windows 10
 
Hi guys,
My NVDA is having a strange and very annoying problem.
It happens that when I stay too much time far from my computer, when I come back my screen is totally frozen and there's nothing I can do about. Mouse and keyboard aparently don't receive my commands, my computer just stays there, out of any action.
The only thing I can do, obviously, is to manually restart it and then all seems to back to normality.
How I can resolve this problem? I'll really appreciate if there's a solution for my cyber nightmare haha
 
Cheers
Marcio
 
 
 
 
 
 

 




Re: A weird problem with NVDA and Windows 10

 

I'll try to change my power settings. Thanks for the sugestion :)

Em 03/04/2018 00:59, Gene escreveu:

I don't see how this has anything to do with a disk problem.  Something happens if the computer is not used for a certain period of time.  Check the power settings in the computer.  Is it set to always on?  Is anything specified to happen after a certain period of time such as that the hard drive will stop or something else will stop or that the computer will go into stand by or sleep?  Dis problems cause data to not be properly written to disk and to be lost or corrupted or cause data not to be properly read from the disk and to be corrupted or lost in that way.  This sounds like a power management problem.  Make sure the always on setting is being used.  If it is being used now, the problem needs more investigation.  If it isn't being used now, use it and see what happens.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2018 4:50 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] A weird problem with NVDA and Windows 10

Have you tried it without NVDA running?
It sounds more like an operating system problem, and not NVDA.
I would recommend unloading NVDA and load Narrator and see if it still happens.
If it only happens with NVDA, you could reinstall it.
If it does not happen with Narrator, I would try a chkdsk in tools of the drive properties.
HTH.
Glenn

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of marcio via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2018 4:24 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] A weird problem with NVDA and Windows 10

Hi guys,
My NVDA is having a strange and very annoying problem.
It happens that when I stay too much time far from my computer, when I come back my screen is totally frozen and there's nothing I can do about. Mouse and keyboard aparently don't receive my commands, my computer just stays there, out of any action.
The only thing I can do, obviously, is to manually restart it and then all seems to back to normality.
How I can resolve this problem? I'll really appreciate if there's a solution for my cyber nightmare haha

Cheers
Marcio








Re: A weird problem with NVDA and Windows 10

Gene
 

This isn't related to a boot up.  And after Windows loads, programs and services that load automatically aren't necessarily loaded in the same order. 
 
If there is so little RAM that Windows itself is being written to the swap file, then the computer would function very slowly and I very much doubt that there is that little RAM.  I suspect that you would have to have two or 3 GB of RAM in a 64 bit system to have Windows itself written to RAM.  And nothing about the bad sector hypothesis accounts for the problem occurring evidently, only after a period of inactivity.  If a bad sector were being written to during boot up, the problem would occur at the time of boot up.  Something wouldn't function properly or freeze or some error would occur.  This problem occurs after a certain period of inactivity.
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2018 11:45 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] A weird problem with NVDA and Windows 10

If Marcio is not writing anything new to the computer, then the temp file would be written on the same bad sector with each reboot.

So a disk check could fix a spot where the temp file keeps getting written to.

Or, if NVDA has a corrupt file, from a bad sector, it would be a good idea before reinstalling NVDA to do a disk check.

Glenn

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2018 11:41 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] A weird problem with NVDA and Windows 10

 

We don't know how much ram is in the machine nor if any of it is being used.  I doubt that what you are describing would be caused by the swap file.  If it were, then why does the problem only occur after inactivity.  the swap file, if too much information is being exchanged to be held in RAM, wouldn't just be written to after a certain period of inactivity. 

 

Also, the information being stored in the swap file would change over time and the same symptom wouldn't be the only one.  In this case, the only symptom reported is an inability to use the computer after a period of inactivity.

 

This sounds as though something is occurring after that time.  I don't know what nor do I know what is going on that the problem appears not to be present when NVDA is not used.  Whatever the problem, I consider disk problems to be the least likely.

 

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

From: Ervin, Glenn

Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2018 9:36 AM

Subject: Re: [nvda] A weird problem with NVDA and Windows 10

 

Gene,

A corrupt part of the disk can cause problems with a particular file that can be causing a problem like this.

Perhaps the swap file is writing to a bad sector.

Glenn

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2018 11:09 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] A weird problem with NVDA and Windows 10

 

I see that not using NVDA causes the problem not to happen so that part is solved.  I don't see how this is a disk problem.  I think the relevant part of the NVDA log needs to be sent to the list so people who know enough technically can see what might be happening.  Others on the list can tell you how to submit the log. 

 

What is NVDA doing or what isn't working properly after a time of not being used?  Of course, I may be wrong but I am more than skeptical that a hard drive problem has anything to do with the problem. 

 

I still think the power settings should be checked.  I don't know how likely this is, but it still could be that something, the hard drive, the monitor, something, is turning off and can't turn on properly if NVDA is running.  It may be that the computer is going into something like sleep or standbye and isn't turning on properly when NVDA is running.  Or perhaps keyboard input isn't being properly received when this happens when NVDA is running.  I think the hard drive is the least of the possibilities.

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Monday, April 02, 2018 4:57 PM

Subject: Re: [nvda] A weird problem with NVDA and Windows 10

 

Yes, I tried it without NVDA and that's ok. No problem using my computer.

About CHKDSK, how I can proceed to use it?

Em 02/04/2018 18:50, Ervin, Glenn escreveu:

Have you tried it without NVDA running?
It sounds more like an operating system problem, and not NVDA.
I would recommend unloading NVDA and load Narrator and see if it still happens.
If it only happens with NVDA, you could reinstall it.
If it does not happen with Narrator, I would try a chkdsk in tools of the drive properties.
HTH.
Glenn
 
-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of marcio via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2018 4:24 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] A weird problem with NVDA and Windows 10
 
Hi guys,
My NVDA is having a strange and very annoying problem.
It happens that when I stay too much time far from my computer, when I come back my screen is totally frozen and there's nothing I can do about. Mouse and keyboard aparently don't receive my commands, my computer just stays there, out of any action.
The only thing I can do, obviously, is to manually restart it and then all seems to back to normality.
How I can resolve this problem? I'll really appreciate if there's a solution for my cyber nightmare haha
 
Cheers
Marcio
 
 
 
 
 
 

 


Re: A weird problem with NVDA and Windows 10

 

Hi,

I sincerely beg to differ: without knowing how long Marcio had his computer, we won’t know if disk issues are to blame. Rather, I’m thinking he got into lock screen somehow.

Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ervin, Glenn
Sent: Tuesday, April 3, 2018 9:45 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] A weird problem with NVDA and Windows 10

 

If Marcio is not writing anything new to the computer, then the temp file would be written on the same bad sector with each reboot.

So a disk check could fix a spot where the temp file keeps getting written to.

Or, if NVDA has a corrupt file, from a bad sector, it would be a good idea before reinstalling NVDA to do a disk check.

Glenn

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2018 11:41 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] A weird problem with NVDA and Windows 10

 

We don't know how much ram is in the machine nor if any of it is being used.  I doubt that what you are describing would be caused by the swap file.  If it were, then why does the problem only occur after inactivity.  the swap file, if too much information is being exchanged to be held in RAM, wouldn't just be written to after a certain period of inactivity. 

 

Also, the information being stored in the swap file would change over time and the same symptom wouldn't be the only one.  In this case, the only symptom reported is an inability to use the computer after a period of inactivity.

 

This sounds as though something is occurring after that time.  I don't know what nor do I know what is going on that the problem appears not to be present when NVDA is not used.  Whatever the problem, I consider disk problems to be the least likely.

 

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2018 9:36 AM

Subject: Re: [nvda] A weird problem with NVDA and Windows 10

 

Gene,

A corrupt part of the disk can cause problems with a particular file that can be causing a problem like this.

Perhaps the swap file is writing to a bad sector.

Glenn

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2018 11:09 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] A weird problem with NVDA and Windows 10

 

I see that not using NVDA causes the problem not to happen so that part is solved.  I don't see how this is a disk problem.  I think the relevant part of the NVDA log needs to be sent to the list so people who know enough technically can see what might be happening.  Others on the list can tell you how to submit the log. 

 

What is NVDA doing or what isn't working properly after a time of not being used?  Of course, I may be wrong but I am more than skeptical that a hard drive problem has anything to do with the problem. 

 

I still think the power settings should be checked.  I don't know how likely this is, but it still could be that something, the hard drive, the monitor, something, is turning off and can't turn on properly if NVDA is running.  It may be that the computer is going into something like sleep or standbye and isn't turning on properly when NVDA is running.  Or perhaps keyboard input isn't being properly received when this happens when NVDA is running.  I think the hard drive is the least of the possibilities.

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Monday, April 02, 2018 4:57 PM

Subject: Re: [nvda] A weird problem with NVDA and Windows 10

 

Yes, I tried it without NVDA and that's ok. No problem using my computer.

About CHKDSK, how I can proceed to use it?

Em 02/04/2018 18:50, Ervin, Glenn escreveu:

Have you tried it without NVDA running?
It sounds more like an operating system problem, and not NVDA.
I would recommend unloading NVDA and load Narrator and see if it still happens.
If it only happens with NVDA, you could reinstall it.
If it does not happen with Narrator, I would try a chkdsk in tools of the drive properties.
HTH.
Glenn
 
-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of marcio via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2018 4:24 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] A weird problem with NVDA and Windows 10
 
Hi guys,
My NVDA is having a strange and very annoying problem.
It happens that when I stay too much time far from my computer, when I come back my screen is totally frozen and there's nothing I can do about. Mouse and keyboard aparently don't receive my commands, my computer just stays there, out of any action.
The only thing I can do, obviously, is to manually restart it and then all seems to back to normality.
How I can resolve this problem? I'll really appreciate if there's a solution for my cyber nightmare haha
 
Cheers
Marcio