Date   
Important notice on Joseph Lee's add-ons: NVDACon 2019 announcements, NVDA 2019.3 compatibility and add-on updates

 

Dear NVDA community,

 

First, thank you to everyone who came to NVDACon 2019. A special thank you to everyone who showed up to an informal add-on users meeting for my add-ons.

 

As part of the user meeting, a number of important announcements were made, including:

 

  • NVDA 2019.3 compatibility: almost all of my add-ons are compatible – the lone exception is Screen Curtain, as the functionality is now part of NVDA 2019.3. This add-on will be no more the day NVDA 2019.3 stable version is released to the public.
  • Add-on update releases: in the next few weeks, various add-ons will be updated to require NVDA 2019.3. This will be done in waves: starting with development snapshots for StationPlaylist and Windows 10 App Essentials on November 19, followed by more add-ons once NVDA 2019.3 stable version is released, ending with Add-on Updater in February 2020.
  • No going back after installing Python 3 strict add-ons: after installing any add-on that requires NVDA 2019.3 (from my collection), there is no going back. In particular, StationPlaylist add-on uses parts of Python 3 that isn’t backwards compatible, so going back to an earlier version will not be possible (nor recommended).
  • Several add-ons are leaving my nest: by February 1, 2020, I’ll be handing over the following add-ons to the community for further maintenance: Easy Table Navigator, Golden Cursor, ObjPad, SystrayList. For Golden Cursor and SystrayList, version 4.0 is on its way, requiring NVDA 2019.3.
  • Windows 10 App Essentials and October 2018 Update: the last Windows 10 App Essentials release to support Windows 10 October 2018 Update (Version 1809) will be 20.01.x.

 

Special notice for StationPlaylist and Windows 10 App Essentials snapshot users: if you are using NVDA 2019.2.1 or earlier, you would have received a notice about requiring NVDA 2019.3 from November 20, 2019 onwards. This will indeed happen – a snapshot destined for November 19th will require NVDA 2019.3 in any form, which will be enforced on November 20, 2019.

 

Thank you.

Cheers,

Joseph

Re: NVDA: QUESTION

Quentin Christensen
 

Hi Kevin,

The address for In-Process is: https://www.nvaccess.org/category/in-process/

Kind regards
Quentin.

On Sat, Nov 16, 2019 at 8:57 AM Kevin Cussick via Groups.Io <the.big.white.shepherd=googlemail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Quentin,   sorry I deleted the wrong email,   can yo send the url for
the nvda in process again? sorry.

On 15/11/2019 07:50, Quentin Christensen wrote:
> Thanks Christo!
>
> We really appreciate the kind words!
>
> You have a great weekend too, and if you're free, feel free to tune in
> to some of NVDACon: https://www.nvdacon.org/
>
> Kind regards
>
> Quentin.
>
> On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 6:46 PM Christo Vorster
> <christo.vorster.klavierstem@...
> <mailto:christo.vorster.klavierstem@...>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Quentin____
>
>     __ __
>
>     Thanks for the explanation. I must admit, I always was, and still is
>     amazed tha the developers are able to update NVDA so frequently.
>     Yes, you are correct that whe all would prefer a stable release.____
>
>     __ __
>
>     I can just repeat, thanks for the stunning work, you, and everybody
>     involved in developing NVDA are doing. I’m sure I speak on behalf of
>     all the users, you gave us the best possible alternative to
>     affordable speech available. I am of the opinion that NVDA is
>     probably the best speech package available.____
>
>     __ __
>
>     Thanks again, and have a nice day____
>
>     __ __
>
>     *From:*nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
>     [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>] *On Behalf
>     Of *Quentin Christensen
>     *Sent:* Friday, 15 November 2019 09:29
>     *To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
>     *Subject:* Re: [nvda] NVDA: QUESTION____
>
>     __ __
>
>     You haven't missed anything Christo, and yes we'd normally have the
>     third release out by now and be working on the 4th.  We're making a
>     couple of big changes under the hood for 2019.3 - they shouldn't be
>     too obvious when running NVDA, but they are key to future works:____
>
>     - Speech Refactor will make it easier to update speech in future (eg
>     to add earcons or reorder speech)____
>
>     - Moving to Python 3 is crucial, as Python 2 is about to reach
>     end-of-life and will no longer be supported from early next year.
>     Also, people who have learnt to code Python in recent years will
>     have learnt Python 3 so this will make it easier for them to get
>     involved with NVDA.____
>
>     __ __
>
>     These changes have necessitated updates to many add-ons, and to
>     ensure that users are not left without working add-ons, we are not
>     rushing NVDA 2019.3 but have been working with add-on developers to
>     ensure everything transitions as smoothly as possible for everyone
>     once NVDA 2019.3 does come out.____
>
>     __ __
>
>     If you're curious about your favourite add-ons, you can view this
>     list compiled by Joseph Lee (Thanks Joseph!) on the Add-ons site:
>     https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/nvdapy3.en.html____
>
>     __ __
>
>     You can also download the latest NVDA Alpha snapshots from
>     https://www.nvaccess.org/files/nvda/snapshots/ to try them out.____
>
>     __ __
>
>     At this stage, we're expecting NVDA 2019.3, when it comes out, will
>     be the last release this year.  We know everyone likes a new
>     release, but we're sure you like a stable release more so that's
>     what we're determined to bring you :)____
>
>     __ __
>
>     Regards____
>
>     __ __
>
>     Quentin.____
>
>     __ __
>
>     On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 5:10 PM Christo Vorster
>     <christo.vorster.klavierstem@...
>     <mailto:christo.vorster.klavierstem@...>> wrote:____
>
>         Hi Group____
>
>         ____
>
>         I have missed quite a lot of messages, thus the following
>         question____
>
>         ____
>
>         Currently I have version 2019.2.1 running. I got used to the
>         fact that, by this time of the year, version .3 was out and we
>         were awaiting version .4. I am just curious regarding what is
>         the situation.____
>
>         ____
>
>         I don’t have a problem with 2019.2.1, but am just curious.____
>
>         ____
>
>         Thanks for the stunning work you all are doing.____
>
>         ____
>
>         Regards____
>
>         ____
>
>         Christo Vorster (Worcester, South Africa)____
>
>
>     ____
>
>     __ __
>
>     -- ____
>
>     Quentin Christensen
>     Training and Support Manager____
>
>     __ __
>
>     Web: www.nvaccess.org <http://www.nvaccess.org/>____
>
>     Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/____
>
>     Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/____
>
>     User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda____
>
>     Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
>     Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>____
>
>     __
>
>
>
> --
> Quentin Christensen
> Training and Support Manager
>
> Web: www.nvaccess.org <http://www.nvaccess.org/>
> Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
> Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/
> User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
> Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
> Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>
>





--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Re: NVDA Announcing Highlighted Text in Microsoft Word #msftaccessibility

Quentin Christensen
 

Hi Justine,

This is a known issue - we have it listed on our GitHub issues page here: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/7396

At this stage, NVDA won't read the highlight normally.  NVDA does have an experimental advanced feature which will read it.  If you open NVDA's options.  Press NVDA+n to open the NVDA menu, then p for preferences and S for settings.  Press END to jump to the "Advanced" category.  TAB to the "I understand that changing these settings may cause NVDA to function incorrectly and check that, then tab to "Use UI Automation to access Microsoft Word document controls when available" and enable that.

This option uses a different method to get information about text in Microsoft Word.  It does note the highlight background colour correctly, however it may cuase other features not to work correctly.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Sat, Nov 16, 2019 at 7:59 AM <justinekylloe@...> wrote:
Hi all. 
My students and myself are running NVDA on a Lenovo Thinkpad and in NVDA preferences under document formatting and under font we have selected font attributes, emphasis, style, and color. When in Microsoft Word, it is not announcing when text is highlighted. Is this possible?

Thank you,
--
Justine K.
TVI/COMS



--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Re: How works the Windows 10 app essential?

 

Hi,
At least on older NVDA releases, Windows 10 App Essentials add-on will let
NVDA recognize more tooltips, more search fields, along with supporting
technologies from recent Windows 10 releases. In newer NVDA releases,
Windows 10 App Essentials is used to supplement NVDA by doing things such as
tracking UIA events for debugging purposes, announcing tile arrangements in
Action Center, announcing answers from Cortana in upcoming Cortana versions
and what not.
Typically when Microsoft introduces a new feature in Windows 10
(particularly if it is a user-visible change) via a Windows Insider Preview
build, Windows 10 App Essentials will try its best to support it first and
give users a chance to test-drive new Windows 10 features (i.e. I'm known
for staying up late into the night to "wrestle" with Windows 10 just to
improve usability of a feature if it doesn't work for users in the
beginning). As such, this add-on is very sensitive to changes in Windows 10
development, hence the reason for its existence.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Csercsics
Sent: Sunday, November 17, 2019 1:05 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] How works the Windows 10 app essential?

I am not sure precisely what the differences are between NVDA with and
without Windows 10 essentials. I just install it because it supposedly helps
with things, but I don't really use any Windows 10 universal apps, or any of
the built-in apps, so I'm not sure it is helping much here.

Re: How works the Windows 10 app essential?

David Csercsics
 

I am not sure precisely what the differences are between NVDA with and without Windows 10 essentials. I just install it because it supposedly helps with things, but I don't really use any Windows 10 universal apps, or any of the built-in apps, so I'm not sure it is helping much here.

Re: How works the Windows 10 app essential?

Jarek.Krcmar
 

Thank you Sarah.

When I have received this computer in the year 2015, I have had installed Windows 10 and Windows Essentials.


Jarek
Dne 17.11.2019 v 18:40 Sarah k Alawami napsal(a):

No it is not necessary. You can use the main core of windows 10 with out the add on.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. This is also our libsyn page as well.

to subscribe to the feed click here

Our telegram channel is also a good place for an announce only in regard to podcasts, contests, etc.

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on youtube, twitch and mixer. Thanks Restream staff.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 16 Nov 2019, at 23:48, Jarek.Krcmar wrote:

Hi everyone,

I many times read in this product, but I don't know, how works Windows app essential.

I just have not Windows 10 app essentials, because I don't know, how it works.

You have spoken about Windows 10 app essential nvda addons.

Is necessary to have Windows 10 app Essential for the addon could work?

--
Jarek

Re: Keynote for NVDA

Gene
 

That doesn't tell you if you have copied files or cut them, only text.  And unless you know the number of characters to expect to hear announced, when there is more than a small amount of text on the clipboard, the function tells you the number of characters.  What if it is text you copied earlier because, for some reason, new text isn't copied?  This feature should be changed.  It should read anything, no matter how long.  The user can stop speech with control, as always.  The screen-reader shouldn't decide for the user what is too long to read from the clipboard.  That is a complete contradiction of the philosophy of NVDA and is not allowing the user to decide what to hear and what not.
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, November 17, 2019 1:59 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Keynote for NVDA

Hi sky


I have not used it for years.


Are you aware that if you say copy text to the clip board with ctrl + C you can use the nvda key + C to confirm it has been copied. It will either say what you have copied or say something like to much info to read out I just can not think what it says just now or there is no content on the clip board.


I wonder if it could say it audible so you know it has been copied but also have it so it could be turned off in the add on.


Usually the short cut key is what I use to confirm if needed.


Gene nz


On 17/11/2019 7:51 pm, Sky Mundell wrote:

Hello everybody and the NVDA Conference folks. Sky here. I wanted to let you guys know that I went on TeamTalk and listened to the keynote, and it was the greatest keynote I ever heard! I am also very happy that it is being sustainable for the future and so on and so forth. As an adaptive technology specialist training blind folks how to use screen reading software I can tell you folks that I defenatly do training on NVDA, and my clients enjoy it too!  however, I am finding a shortcoming with it that I think could be addressed in future versions, and I will list it below.

Often times when I train on NVDA, one of the first things I will do is I will download the clipboard speak add-on, so that the client knows when they have copied text to the clipboard. Is there any chance that this function could be put into the core? The reason is that it would save myself from having to add the function and it would also help some of my less technically minded clients. Because often times, as we all know, the less technically minded clients want things to be able to work straight out of the box, and they’re not going to fight with their screen reader just to get something to work. Thanks, Sky.

Re: Keynote for NVDA

 

Well I wish I could have participate but this is also why I don't skype or do oversease work on skype, or find it really hard to do active online game testing.

My timezone is just to oposite to work properly.

The only time it does work is late at night us time and that assumes I am even at home.

I have missed out on a lot of things simply because my zone is simply going the wrong direction.

Its also why from time to time, when a topic closes in another zone I have to catch up to it being closed and don't get my chance to put my bit in but oh well.

Half the world sleeps and the rest are up, at least someone is up at all times.

On 18/11/2019 2:35 am, Austin Pinto wrote:
for all who have missed any part of the conference. dont worry. it
will be uploaded under passed conferences at.
www.nvdacon.org

On 11/17/19, Monte Single <mrsingle@...> wrote:
Hi Ron,

In this case I think the subject line refers to the opening or focus of this
nvda convention and not a piece of software.

I’ve had egg on my face before, so I always have paper towel close to
hand!!



From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ron
Canazzi
Sent: November-17-19 7:00 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Keynote for NVDA



Hi Group,

I have not participated in the NVDA Conference and so I am ignorant of this
Keynote business. Are they incorporating Keynote Synthesizer into NVDA or
somehow making it usable with NVDA? Is this a free or paid product?

I used to like the way that synthesizer sounded. Any information on list
would be greatly appreciated.

On 11/17/2019 7:38 AM, molly the blind tech lover wrote:

Hi ☺

I watched the keynote too. It was amazing 😂 😂 😂 Thank you NV Access for
an amazing keynote. You guys are awesome ☺ And thank you for NVDA 😂



From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
<mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io> <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sky Mundell
Sent: Sunday, November 17, 2019 1:52 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Subject: [nvda] Keynote for NVDA



Hello everybody and the NVDA Conference folks. Sky here. I wanted to let you
guys know that I went on TeamTalk and listened to the keynote, and it was
the greatest keynote I ever heard! I am also very happy that it is being
sustainable for the future and so on and so forth. As an adaptive technology
specialist training blind folks how to use screen reading software I can
tell you folks that I defenatly do training on NVDA, and my clients enjoy it
too! however, I am finding a shortcoming with it that I think could be
addressed in future versions, and I will list it below.

Often times when I train on NVDA, one of the first things I will do is I
will download the clipboard speak add-on, so that the client knows when they
have copied text to the clipboard. Is there any chance that this function
could be put into the core? The reason is that it would save myself from
having to add the function and it would also help some of my less
technically minded clients. Because often times, as we all know, the less
technically minded clients want things to be able to work straight out of
the box, and they’re not going to fight with their screen reader just to get
something to work. Thanks, Sky.





--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"






Re: Keynote for NVDA

hurrikennyandopo ...
 

Hi sky


I have not used it for years.


Are you aware that if you say copy text to the clip board with ctrl + C you can use the nvda key + C to confirm it has been copied. It will either say what you have copied or say something like to much info to read out I just can not think what it says just now or there is no content on the clip board.


I wonder if it could say it audible so you know it has been copied but also have it so it could be turned off in the add on.


Usually the short cut key is what I use to confirm if needed.


Gene nz


On 17/11/2019 7:51 pm, Sky Mundell wrote:

Hello everybody and the NVDA Conference folks. Sky here. I wanted to let you guys know that I went on TeamTalk and listened to the keynote, and it was the greatest keynote I ever heard! I am also very happy that it is being sustainable for the future and so on and so forth. As an adaptive technology specialist training blind folks how to use screen reading software I can tell you folks that I defenatly do training on NVDA, and my clients enjoy it too!  however, I am finding a shortcoming with it that I think could be addressed in future versions, and I will list it below.

Often times when I train on NVDA, one of the first things I will do is I will download the clipboard speak add-on, so that the client knows when they have copied text to the clipboard. Is there any chance that this function could be put into the core? The reason is that it would save myself from having to add the function and it would also help some of my less technically minded clients. Because often times, as we all know, the less technically minded clients want things to be able to work straight out of the box, and they’re not going to fight with their screen reader just to get something to work. Thanks, Sky.

Re: How works the Windows 10 app essential?

Sarah k Alawami
 

Look on the official add ons page.

Take care

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. This is also our libsyn page as well.

to subscribe to the feed click here

Our telegram channel is also a good place for an announce only in regard to podcasts, contests, etc.

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on youtube, twitch and mixer. Thanks Restream staff.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 17 Nov 2019, at 8:39, Jarek.Krcmar wrote:

Hello Gera,

thank you for the message.

I would like to know, where is the Windows 10 app essentials to download.

Jarek

Dne 17.11.2019 v 15:45 Gerardo Corripio napsal(a):

Windows AddOn Essentials is the AddOn itself. I’d recommend you guys get it; it makes an experience in Windows10 with NVDA between night and day!

Gera
Enviado desde mi iPhone SE de Telcel

El 17 nov 2019, a la(s) 1:48 a. m., Jarek.Krcmar Jarek.Krcmar@... escribió:

Hi everyone,

I many times read in this product, but I don't know, how works Windows app essential.

I just have not Windows 10 app essentials, because I don't know, how it works.

You have spoken about Windows 10 app essential nvda addons.

Is necessary to have Windows 10 app Essential for the addon could work?

--
Jarek

Re: How works the Windows 10 app essential?

Sarah k Alawami
 

No it is not necessary. You can use the main core of windows 10 with out the add on.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. This is also our libsyn page as well.

to subscribe to the feed click here

Our telegram channel is also a good place for an announce only in regard to podcasts, contests, etc.

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on youtube, twitch and mixer. Thanks Restream staff.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 16 Nov 2019, at 23:48, Jarek.Krcmar wrote:

Hi everyone,

I many times read in this product, but I don't know, how works Windows app essential.

I just have not Windows 10 app essentials, because I don't know, how it works.

You have spoken about Windows 10 app essential nvda addons.

Is necessary to have Windows 10 app Essential for the addon could work?

--
Jarek

Re: How works the Windows 10 app essential?

Jarek.Krcmar
 

Gera,

I have installed Nvda add on Windows app Essentials.

I would like to know, how can use it. Does exist any abbreviation for starting of the add on?


Jarek

Dne 17.11.2019 v 18:08 Gerardo Corripio napsal(a):

Look for it by going to NVDA/Tools/ManageAddons; go into your addOns list, and alt+o which will take you to the AddOns download site, from which you can download the Windows10 Essentials. Good luck!

Gera
Enviado desde mi iPhone SE de Telcel

El 17 nov 2019, a la(s) 10:39 a. m., Jarek.Krcmar <Jarek.Krcmar@...> escribió:

Hello Gera,

thank you for the message.

I would like to know, where is the Windows 10 app essentials to download.

Jarek

Dne 17.11.2019 v 15:45 Gerardo Corripio napsal(a):
Windows AddOn Essentials is the AddOn itself. I’d recommend you guys get it; it makes an experience in Windows10 with NVDA between night and day!

Gera
Enviado desde mi iPhone SE de Telcel

El 17 nov 2019, a la(s) 1:48 a. m., Jarek.Krcmar <Jarek.Krcmar@...> escribió:

Hi everyone,

I many times read in this product, but I don't know, how works Windows app essential.

I just have not Windows 10 app essentials, because I don't know, how it works.

You have spoken about Windows 10 app essential nvda addons.

Is necessary to have Windows 10 app Essential for the addon could work?


--
Jarek



Re: How works the Windows 10 app essential?

Gerardo Corripio
 

Look for it by going to NVDA/Tools/ManageAddons; go into your addOns list, and alt+o which will take you to the AddOns download site, from which you can download the Windows10 Essentials. Good luck!

Gera
Enviado desde mi iPhone SE de Telcel

El 17 nov 2019, a la(s) 10:39 a. m., Jarek.Krcmar <Jarek.Krcmar@...> escribió:

Hello Gera,

thank you for the message.

I would like to know, where is the Windows 10 app essentials to download.

Jarek

Dne 17.11.2019 v 15:45 Gerardo Corripio napsal(a):
Windows AddOn Essentials is the AddOn itself. I’d recommend you guys get it; it makes an experience in Windows10 with NVDA between night and day!

Gera
Enviado desde mi iPhone SE de Telcel

El 17 nov 2019, a la(s) 1:48 a. m., Jarek.Krcmar <Jarek.Krcmar@...> escribió:

Hi everyone,

I many times read in this product, but I don't know, how works Windows app essential.

I just have not Windows 10 app essentials, because I don't know, how it works.

You have spoken about Windows 10 app essential nvda addons.

Is necessary to have Windows 10 app Essential for the addon could work?


--
Jarek




Re: Question re. add-on ClipSpeak (was: [nvda] Keynote for NVDA)

Gene
 

As far as I know, we are talking about the add-on that tries to determine when something is copied and pasted, not the one that just says something because you press a keyboard command.  Ive been using the add-on that monitors the clipboard since it came out, perhaps three years ago.  I have found it almost completely accurate.  It is far more accurate than not knowing if the command was carried out with no feedback.  I may have found it to be wrong perhaps five or ten times in all that time.  I don't consider that to be sufficient justification for not incorporating it into the core.  That's almost insignificant.  And if it has been wrong, it usually says no change.  At such times, when working with a document, you can tell if copying or cutting took place by looking at the document.  When working with files, you can simply perform the action again.  That's a lot more convenient than thinking you copied files to the clipboard, pasting them, and finding you just pasted all the same files you pasted immediately before.  And if it can be improved to make it even more accurate, that could be done while incorporating it. 
 
You don't expect absolute perfection everywhere and yet you wouldn't dream of not allowing the screen-reader to function in those cases.  I use a web site where a line of text is spoken by one combination of NVDA and a browser and not spoken when using another browser.  At times, one combination of NVDA and a web page will say one thing on a button and something else when using another browser.  They may mean the same thing, but even so, absolute perfection is not demanded. 
 
Sometimes, if you let perfection not allow the good or very good, you defeat yourself and are worse off.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----

From: Joseph Lee
Sent: Sunday, November 17, 2019 5:02 AM
Subject: Re: Question re. add-on ClipSpeak (was: [nvda] Keynote for NVDA)

Hi,

No, not ready for Python 3 just yet. Also note that not all clipboard operations will be announced – the add-on will tell you something was copied, but that doesn’t mean things will get copied in every situation.

Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Cordelia Scharpf
Sent: Sunday, November 17, 2019 2:59 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Question re. add-on ClipSpeak (was: [nvda] Keynote for NVDA)

 

Hi, Sky:

I second your request for incorporating the ClipSpeak add-on into the core of NVDA. Thanks for alerting me to it. This add-on is very useful, and its “actions” are also presented on Braille displays. Is it already compatible with Python 3?

 

Best,

Cordelia

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shaun Everiss
Sent: Sunday, November 17, 2019 11:37 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [Spam] Re: [nvda] Keynote for NVDA

 

It sounds like you guys are having a really cool time, sadly, the days the conference is on are my weekend.

And I can't sit in front of a device all day long so I will have to listen to recordings like allways.

 

 

On 17/11/2019 7:51 pm, Sky Mundell wrote:

Hello everybody and the NVDA Conference folks. Sky here. I wanted to let you guys know that I went on TeamTalk and listened to the keynote, and it was the greatest keynote I ever heard! I am also very happy that it is being sustainable for the future and so on and so forth. As an adaptive technology specialist training blind folks how to use screen reading software I can tell you folks that I defenatly do training on NVDA, and my clients enjoy it too!  however, I am finding a shortcoming with it that I think could be addressed in future versions, and I will list it below.

Often times when I train on NVDA, one of the first things I will do is I will download the clipboard speak add-on, so that the client knows when they have copied text to the clipboard. Is there any chance that this function could be put into the core? The reason is that it would save myself from having to add the function and it would also help some of my less technically minded clients. Because often times, as we all know, the less technically minded clients want things to be able to work straight out of the box, and they’re not going to fight with their screen reader just to get something to work. Thanks, Sky.

Re: How works the Windows 10 app essential?

Jarek.Krcmar
 

Hello Gera,

thank you for the message.

I would like to know, where is the Windows 10 app essentials to download.

Jarek

Dne 17.11.2019 v 15:45 Gerardo Corripio napsal(a):

Windows AddOn Essentials is the AddOn itself. I’d recommend you guys get it; it makes an experience in Windows10 with NVDA between night and day!

Gera
Enviado desde mi iPhone SE de Telcel

El 17 nov 2019, a la(s) 1:48 a. m., Jarek.Krcmar <Jarek.Krcmar@...> escribió:

Hi everyone,

I many times read in this product, but I don't know, how works Windows app essential.

I just have not Windows 10 app essentials, because I don't know, how it works.

You have spoken about Windows 10 app essential nvda addons.

Is necessary to have Windows 10 app Essential for the addon could work?


--
Jarek



Re: Keynote for NVDA

Ron Canazzi
 

OK, I understand now. 

As Snagglepuss used to say: "exit with egg on my face, stage right."


On 11/17/2019 8:08 AM, Monte Single wrote:

Hi Ron,

In this case I think the subject line refers to the opening or focus of this nvda convention and not a piece of software.

I’ve had egg on my face before, so I always have paper towel close to hand!!

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ron Canazzi
Sent: November-17-19 7:00 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Keynote for NVDA

 

Hi Group,

I have not participated in the NVDA Conference and so I am ignorant of this Keynote business.  Are they incorporating Keynote Synthesizer into NVDA or somehow making it usable with NVDA?  Is this a free or paid product?

I used to like the way that synthesizer sounded.  Any information on list would be greatly appreciated.

On 11/17/2019 7:38 AM, molly the blind tech lover wrote:

Hi

I watched the keynote too. It was amazing 😂 😂 😂 Thank you NV Access for an amazing keynote. You guys are awesome And thank you for NVDA 😂   

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sky Mundell
Sent: Sunday, November 17, 2019 1:52 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Keynote for NVDA

 

Hello everybody and the NVDA Conference folks. Sky here. I wanted to let you guys know that I went on TeamTalk and listened to the keynote, and it was the greatest keynote I ever heard! I am also very happy that it is being sustainable for the future and so on and so forth. As an adaptive technology specialist training blind folks how to use screen reading software I can tell you folks that I defenatly do training on NVDA, and my clients enjoy it too!  however, I am finding a shortcoming with it that I think could be addressed in future versions, and I will list it below.

Often times when I train on NVDA, one of the first things I will do is I will download the clipboard speak add-on, so that the client knows when they have copied text to the clipboard. Is there any chance that this function could be put into the core? The reason is that it would save myself from having to add the function and it would also help some of my less technically minded clients. Because often times, as we all know, the less technically minded clients want things to be able to work straight out of the box, and they’re not going to fight with their screen reader just to get something to work. Thanks, Sky.



-- 
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"

-- 
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"

Re: Keynote for NVDA

Jaffar Sidek
 

Hi.  As my time zone didn't coincide with some of the NVDA con events, and at other times which did coincide had been filled with family commitments, I wonder if there will be recordings made available for us whose time zones or otherwise personal commitmenst cannot fit us into the shedules?  Cheers and thanks.

On 11/17/2019 8:38 PM, molly the blind tech lover wrote:

Hi

I watched the keynote too. It was amazing 😂 😂 😂 Thank you NV Access for an amazing keynote. You guys are awesome ☺ And thank you for NVDA 😂   

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sky Mundell
Sent: Sunday, November 17, 2019 1:52 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Keynote for NVDA

 

Hello everybody and the NVDA Conference folks. Sky here. I wanted to let you guys know that I went on TeamTalk and listened to the keynote, and it was the greatest keynote I ever heard! I am also very happy that it is being sustainable for the future and so on and so forth. As an adaptive technology specialist training blind folks how to use screen reading software I can tell you folks that I defenatly do training on NVDA, and my clients enjoy it too!  however, I am finding a shortcoming with it that I think could be addressed in future versions, and I will list it below.

Often times when I train on NVDA, one of the first things I will do is I will download the clipboard speak add-on, so that the client knows when they have copied text to the clipboard. Is there any chance that this function could be put into the core? The reason is that it would save myself from having to add the function and it would also help some of my less technically minded clients. Because often times, as we all know, the less technically minded clients want things to be able to work straight out of the box, and they’re not going to fight with their screen reader just to get something to work. Thanks, Sky.

Re: How works the Windows 10 app essential?

Gerardo Corripio
 

Windows AddOn Essentials is the AddOn itself. I’d recommend you guys get it; it makes an experience in Windows10 with NVDA between night and day!

Gera
Enviado desde mi iPhone SE de Telcel

El 17 nov 2019, a la(s) 1:48 a. m., Jarek.Krcmar <Jarek.Krcmar@...> escribió:

Hi everyone,

I many times read in this product, but I don't know, how works Windows app essential.

I just have not Windows 10 app essentials, because I don't know, how it works.

You have spoken about Windows 10 app essential nvda addons.

Is necessary to have Windows 10 app Essential for the addon could work?


--
Jarek



Re: Keynote for NVDA

 

i attended the entire conference and it was fantastic.
can't wait for nvdacon 2020!

On 11/17/19, Austin Pinto <@austin> wrote:
for all who have missed any part of the conference. dont worry. it
will be uploaded under passed conferences at.
www.nvdacon.org

On 11/17/19, Monte Single <mrsingle@...> wrote:
Hi Ron,

In this case I think the subject line refers to the opening or focus of
this
nvda convention and not a piece of software.

I’ve had egg on my face before, so I always have paper towel close to
hand!!



From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ron
Canazzi
Sent: November-17-19 7:00 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Keynote for NVDA



Hi Group,

I have not participated in the NVDA Conference and so I am ignorant of
this
Keynote business. Are they incorporating Keynote Synthesizer into NVDA
or
somehow making it usable with NVDA? Is this a free or paid product?

I used to like the way that synthesizer sounded. Any information on list
would be greatly appreciated.

On 11/17/2019 7:38 AM, molly the blind tech lover wrote:

Hi ☺

I watched the keynote too. It was amazing 😂 😂 😂 Thank you NV Access
for
an amazing keynote. You guys are awesome ☺ And thank you for NVDA 😂



From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
<mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io> <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sky
Mundell
Sent: Sunday, November 17, 2019 1:52 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Subject: [nvda] Keynote for NVDA



Hello everybody and the NVDA Conference folks. Sky here. I wanted to let
you
guys know that I went on TeamTalk and listened to the keynote, and it was
the greatest keynote I ever heard! I am also very happy that it is being
sustainable for the future and so on and so forth. As an adaptive
technology
specialist training blind folks how to use screen reading software I can
tell you folks that I defenatly do training on NVDA, and my clients enjoy
it
too! however, I am finding a shortcoming with it that I think could be
addressed in future versions, and I will list it below.

Often times when I train on NVDA, one of the first things I will do is I
will download the clipboard speak add-on, so that the client knows when
they
have copied text to the clipboard. Is there any chance that this function
could be put into the core? The reason is that it would save myself from
having to add the function and it would also help some of my less
technically minded clients. Because often times, as we all know, the less
technically minded clients want things to be able to work straight out of
the box, and they’re not going to fight with their screen reader just to
get
something to work. Thanks, Sky.





--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"







--
search for me on facebook, google+, orkut..
@austin
follow me on twitter.
austinmpinto
contact me on skype.
austin.pinto3
--
search for me on facebook, google+, orkut..
@austin
follow me on twitter.
austinmpinto
contact me on skype.
austin.pinto3

Re: Keynote for NVDA

 

for all who have missed any part of the conference. dont worry. it
will be uploaded under passed conferences at.
www.nvdacon.org

On 11/17/19, Monte Single <mrsingle@...> wrote:
Hi Ron,

In this case I think the subject line refers to the opening or focus of this
nvda convention and not a piece of software.

I’ve had egg on my face before, so I always have paper towel close to
hand!!



From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ron
Canazzi
Sent: November-17-19 7:00 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Keynote for NVDA



Hi Group,

I have not participated in the NVDA Conference and so I am ignorant of this
Keynote business. Are they incorporating Keynote Synthesizer into NVDA or
somehow making it usable with NVDA? Is this a free or paid product?

I used to like the way that synthesizer sounded. Any information on list
would be greatly appreciated.

On 11/17/2019 7:38 AM, molly the blind tech lover wrote:

Hi ☺

I watched the keynote too. It was amazing 😂 😂 😂 Thank you NV Access for
an amazing keynote. You guys are awesome ☺ And thank you for NVDA 😂



From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
<mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io> <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sky Mundell
Sent: Sunday, November 17, 2019 1:52 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Subject: [nvda] Keynote for NVDA



Hello everybody and the NVDA Conference folks. Sky here. I wanted to let you
guys know that I went on TeamTalk and listened to the keynote, and it was
the greatest keynote I ever heard! I am also very happy that it is being
sustainable for the future and so on and so forth. As an adaptive technology
specialist training blind folks how to use screen reading software I can
tell you folks that I defenatly do training on NVDA, and my clients enjoy it
too! however, I am finding a shortcoming with it that I think could be
addressed in future versions, and I will list it below.

Often times when I train on NVDA, one of the first things I will do is I
will download the clipboard speak add-on, so that the client knows when they
have copied text to the clipboard. Is there any chance that this function
could be put into the core? The reason is that it would save myself from
having to add the function and it would also help some of my less
technically minded clients. Because often times, as we all know, the less
technically minded clients want things to be able to work straight out of
the box, and they’re not going to fight with their screen reader just to get
something to work. Thanks, Sky.





--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"






--
search for me on facebook, google+, orkut..
@austin
follow me on twitter.
austinmpinto
contact me on skype.
austin.pinto3