Date   

Re: Other tool for solving the Verification Image

Robert Mendoza
 

I tried it but no luck. However, someone here mentioned before the other tool they used I forgot the name of it and lost of my thread in my archive.

Robert Mendoza
On 3/13/2018 5:50 PM, Chris via Groups.Io wrote:

Have you tried webbissum on the Firefox esr?

As far as i know it should still work

 

Unless things have changed since the last time i used it

 

 

From: Robert Mendoza
Sent: 13 March 2018 09:38
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Other tool for solving the Verification Image

 

Yes, the audio sometimes hardly to understand.

 

 

Robert Mendoza

 

On 3/13/2018 4:51 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:

> I'm assuming there is not usable audio version on the site you want to

> use.

> Brian

> bglists@...

> Sent via blueyonder.

> Please address personal E-mail to:-

> briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

> in the display name field.

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Mendoza"

> <lowvisiontek@...>

> To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>

> Sent: Monday, March 12, 2018 11:55 PM

> Subject: [nvda] Other tool for solving the Verification Image

>> I know this has been posted before but could not retrieve the email

>> about the extension or addons for Firefox that is similar with

>> webvism. I appreciate if you could share it again here some

>> alternative option that I could use with on the Firefox ESR to solve

>> the capture or verification image.

>> 

>> 

>> --

>> Robert Mendoza

>> 

>> 

>> 

>> 

>

 

 

 

 



Re: Other tool for solving the Verification Image

Chris
 

Have you tried webbissum on the Firefox esr?

As far as i know it should still work

 

Unless things have changed since the last time i used it

 

 

From: Robert Mendoza
Sent: 13 March 2018 09:38
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Other tool for solving the Verification Image

 

Yes, the audio sometimes hardly to understand.

 

 

Robert Mendoza

 

On 3/13/2018 4:51 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:

> I'm assuming there is not usable audio version on the site you want to

> use.

> Brian

> bglists@...

> Sent via blueyonder.

> Please address personal E-mail to:-

> briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

> in the display name field.

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Mendoza"

> <lowvisiontek@...>

> To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>

> Sent: Monday, March 12, 2018 11:55 PM

> Subject: [nvda] Other tool for solving the Verification Image

>> I know this has been posted before but could not retrieve the email

>> about the extension or addons for Firefox that is similar with

>> webvism. I appreciate if you could share it again here some

>> alternative option that I could use with on the Firefox ESR to solve

>> the capture or verification image.

>> 

>> 

>> --

>> Robert Mendoza

>> 

>> 

>> 

>> 

>

 

 

 

 


Re: Other tool for solving the Verification Image

Robert Mendoza
 

Yes, the audio sometimes hardly to understand.


Robert Mendoza

On 3/13/2018 4:51 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
I'm assuming there is not usable audio version on the site you want to use.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Mendoza" <lowvisiontek@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2018 11:55 PM
Subject: [nvda] Other tool for solving the Verification Image


I know this has been posted before but could not retrieve the email about the extension or addons for Firefox that is similar with webvism. I appreciate if you could share it again here some alternative option that I could use with on the Firefox ESR to solve the capture or verification image.


--
Robert Mendoza





Re: IMPORTANT COMMUNITY ADVISORY: NVDA next snapshots will include wxPython 4.0.1

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

On the other hand from experimenting this seems to be the true case for all portable versions, but I don't recall remembering it had changed, so maybe its a 'feature' instead this lack of tray icon.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joseph Lee" <joseph.lee22590@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2018 5:12 AM
Subject: [nvda] IMPORTANT COMMUNITY ADVISORY: NVDA next snapshots will include wxPython 4.0.1


Hi NVDA community,



The following is considered important due to massive impact it'll have:



For those following the GitHub issue:

https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/7104



wxPython 4 came out in February 2018 (subsequently updated to 4.0.1 a few
days later). As this is a necessary milestone on our preparation to move to
Python 3, wxPython 4 watchers (including NV Access, I, Leonard de Ruijter
and others) felt it would be good to let the community test wxPython 4
integration for a while. As the chief investigator for wxPython 4 migration,
I'm happy to announce that, as of today, NVDA next branch snapshots will
include wxPython 4. However, this means it'll have issues, the biggest one
being outdated add-ons (unfortunately, NVDA Remote Support add-on is one of
those add-ons that won't work under wxPython 4 due to calls to deprecated
methods). If you run into other issues or bugs, please let me and other
develoeprs know ASAP via GitHUb or email.



notes for community:



* For NVDA Core developers: if you are working on any sort of GUI
work, please test wxPython 4 migration via a private branch or two. This is
especially the case for me and Leonard as we are both working on GUI edits
(Leonard's work on multi-page settings dialog and my work on add-on update
client interface).
* For add-on writers: please update your add-ons as soon as possible.
When updating your add-ons, please try using code paths that'll work on both
wxPython 3 (Classic) and wxPython 4 (Phoenix) to maximize compatibility).
* For users: as noted above, please report any bugs with wxPython 4
integration via GitHub or email as soon as you run across them.
* For Python 3 researchers: I advise pausing our research for a little
while until wxPython 4 lands on NVDA master snapshots.



Thank you.

Cheers,

Joseph


Re: IMPORTANT COMMUNITY ADVISORY: NVDA next snapshots will include wxPython 4.0.1

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

Hi Joseph,
Does no icon in the tray when the an nvda portable version you just created runs count as an issue?

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joseph Lee" <joseph.lee22590@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2018 5:12 AM
Subject: [nvda] IMPORTANT COMMUNITY ADVISORY: NVDA next snapshots will include wxPython 4.0.1


Hi NVDA community,



The following is considered important due to massive impact it'll have:



For those following the GitHub issue:

https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/7104



wxPython 4 came out in February 2018 (subsequently updated to 4.0.1 a few
days later). As this is a necessary milestone on our preparation to move to
Python 3, wxPython 4 watchers (including NV Access, I, Leonard de Ruijter
and others) felt it would be good to let the community test wxPython 4
integration for a while. As the chief investigator for wxPython 4 migration,
I'm happy to announce that, as of today, NVDA next branch snapshots will
include wxPython 4. However, this means it'll have issues, the biggest one
being outdated add-ons (unfortunately, NVDA Remote Support add-on is one of
those add-ons that won't work under wxPython 4 due to calls to deprecated
methods). If you run into other issues or bugs, please let me and other
develoeprs know ASAP via GitHUb or email.



notes for community:



* For NVDA Core developers: if you are working on any sort of GUI
work, please test wxPython 4 migration via a private branch or two. This is
especially the case for me and Leonard as we are both working on GUI edits
(Leonard's work on multi-page settings dialog and my work on add-on update
client interface).
* For add-on writers: please update your add-ons as soon as possible.
When updating your add-ons, please try using code paths that'll work on both
wxPython 3 (Classic) and wxPython 4 (Phoenix) to maximize compatibility).
* For users: as noted above, please report any bugs with wxPython 4
integration via GitHub or email as soon as you run across them.
* For Python 3 researchers: I advise pausing our research for a little
while until wxPython 4 lands on NVDA master snapshots.



Thank you.

Cheers,

Joseph


Re: IMPORTANT COMMUNITY ADVISORY: NVDA next snapshots will include wxPython 4.0.1

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

Is there perhaps a particular issue for these that people can use to report any issues? If not I can see it all getting very fragmented. Not that I've tried it yet, but I do have next on here on windows 7 and have not yet seen your latest update. Its only a portable version so I use Master for normal use.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joseph Lee" <joseph.lee22590@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2018 5:12 AM
Subject: [nvda] IMPORTANT COMMUNITY ADVISORY: NVDA next snapshots will include wxPython 4.0.1


Hi NVDA community,



The following is considered important due to massive impact it'll have:



For those following the GitHub issue:

https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/7104



wxPython 4 came out in February 2018 (subsequently updated to 4.0.1 a few
days later). As this is a necessary milestone on our preparation to move to
Python 3, wxPython 4 watchers (including NV Access, I, Leonard de Ruijter
and others) felt it would be good to let the community test wxPython 4
integration for a while. As the chief investigator for wxPython 4 migration,
I'm happy to announce that, as of today, NVDA next branch snapshots will
include wxPython 4. However, this means it'll have issues, the biggest one
being outdated add-ons (unfortunately, NVDA Remote Support add-on is one of
those add-ons that won't work under wxPython 4 due to calls to deprecated
methods). If you run into other issues or bugs, please let me and other
develoeprs know ASAP via GitHUb or email.



notes for community:



* For NVDA Core developers: if you are working on any sort of GUI
work, please test wxPython 4 migration via a private branch or two. This is
especially the case for me and Leonard as we are both working on GUI edits
(Leonard's work on multi-page settings dialog and my work on add-on update
client interface).
* For add-on writers: please update your add-ons as soon as possible.
When updating your add-ons, please try using code paths that'll work on both
wxPython 3 (Classic) and wxPython 4 (Phoenix) to maximize compatibility).
* For users: as noted above, please report any bugs with wxPython 4
integration via GitHub or email as soon as you run across them.
* For Python 3 researchers: I advise pausing our research for a little
while until wxPython 4 lands on NVDA master snapshots.



Thank you.

Cheers,

Joseph


Re: NVDA lags in thunderbird

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

I'm assuming this is not the checkbox issue mentioned earlier in this list for another lag issue?
As I said at the time the only place I see this is in the alexa app on the pc in firefosx.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rosemarie Chavarria" <knitqueen2007@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2018 1:08 AM
Subject: [nvda] NVDA lags in thunderbird


Hi, everyone,


I'm trying thunderbird and when I type messages, NVDA lags. I'm not typing fast either so why is this happening?


Thanks for your help in advance.


Rosemarie





Re: using WhatsApp with latest version of NVDA

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

Whats app, not whats up, though I'm tempted to say, whats up with whats app!
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kevin" <kleeva5@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2018 1:27 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] using WhatsApp with latest version of NVDA


What is what’s up?

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

From: Jessica D
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2018 5:33 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] using WhatsApp with latest version of NVDA

Hi,
I used the QR code presented on the screen, and made the page full-screen for easier visibility.

Thanks,
Jessica


Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Governor staten
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2018 8:31 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] using WhatsApp with latest version of NVDA

How'd you get it up and running to begin with?




On 3/12/2018 8:25 PM, Jessica D wrote:
Hi,
I’ve just installed WhatsApp on my computer,
I need advice on what the best way is to navigate and manage conversations?

Thanks,
Jessica

Sent from Mail for Windows 10


Re: Other tool for solving the Verification Image

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

I'm assuming there is not usable audio version on the site you want to use.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Mendoza" <lowvisiontek@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2018 11:55 PM
Subject: [nvda] Other tool for solving the Verification Image


I know this has been posted before but could not retrieve the email about the extension or addons for Firefox that is similar with webvism. I appreciate if you could share it again here some alternative option that I could use with on the Firefox ESR to solve the capture or verification image.


--
Robert Mendoza



IMPORTANT COMMUNITY ADVISORY: NVDA next snapshots will include wxPython 4.0.1

 

Hi NVDA community,

 

The following is considered important due to massive impact it’ll have:

 

For those following the GitHub issue:

https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/7104

 

wxPython 4 came out in February 2018 (subsequently updated to 4.0.1 a few days later). As this is a necessary milestone on our preparation to move to Python 3, wxPython 4 watchers (including NV Access, I, Leonard de Ruijter and others) felt it would be good to let the community test wxPython 4 integration for a while. As the chief investigator for wxPython 4 migration, I’m happy to announce that, as of today, NVDA next branch snapshots will include wxPython 4. However, this means it’ll have issues, the biggest one being outdated add-ons (unfortunately, NVDA Remote Support add-on is one of those add-ons that won’t work under wxPython 4 due to calls to deprecated methods). If you run into other issues or bugs, please let me and other develoeprs know ASAP via GitHUb or email.

 

notes for community:

 

  • For NVDA Core developers: if you are working on any sort of GUI work, please test wxPython 4 migration via a private branch or two. This is especially the case for me and Leonard as we are both working on GUI edits (Leonard’s work on multi-page settings dialog and my work on add-on update client interface).
  • For add-on writers: please update your add-ons as soon as possible. When updating your add-ons, please try using code paths that’ll work on both wxPython 3 (Classic) and wxPython 4 (Phoenix) to maximize compatibility).
  • For users: as noted above, please report any bugs with wxPython 4 integration via GitHub or email as soon as you run across them.
  • For Python 3 researchers: I advise pausing our research for a little while until wxPython 4 lands on NVDA master snapshots.

 

Thank you.

Cheers,

Joseph


Re: using WhatsApp with latest version of NVDA

Daniel Wolak
 

Hi,

Not that this helps with your problem, but if you can I'd highly recommend using the smartphone app(I'm using the ios app myself). I'm not sure of the accessibility of the windows application, but can confirm that the ios app is if not 100 then 95% accessible with voiceover. I can't comment on android though.

HTH,


Daniel


On 13/03/2018 00:25, Jessica D wrote:

Hi,

I’ve just installed WhatsApp on my computer,

I need advice on what the best way is to navigate and manage conversations?

 

Thanks,

Jessica

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 



Re: Registry fixing tool in nvda

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>
 

Hi Adriani

Hopefully the snapshot fixes her problem. I am guessing hopefully she will let me ring her hopefully to a home number and guide her through the steps to get the snap shot etc and where to go in the menu etc.

Do you know if there is any more they need to do for that side of it or is it ready to go?.

Guess i will know when i get more feed back after she trys it out.

Gene nz

On 3/13/2018 2:55 PM, Adriani Botez wrote:
Yes Gene this should solve it.


Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 12.03.2018 um 23:36 schrieb Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>:

Hi


Will yesterdays snapshot be able to fix what is in the ticket below.

I asked Brian but because he is say 12 hours behind us I might not know for a while.


NVDA stops reading webpages in all browser - saying "unknown" or "pane" (#2807)

The above is the ticket number.


If this is the case i know of a person who has contacted me with the what is described in the ticket. I am sure also she is using windows 10 but could get more info from her if needed.



I am hoping the next snapshot where the tool is under the tools menu might fix the problem or am i wrong?


She needs a way to register those files that are broken where it says unknown or pane.




Gene nz



On 3/13/2018 10:36 AM, Adriani Botez wrote:

This registry tool in NVDA only registers the required dlls for the accessibility API to comunicate properly with NVDA. You will not be able to edit your registry with it.

 

You can use CCleaner for that purpose.

 

Best

Adriani

 

 

Von: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> Im Auftrag von ely.r@...
Gesendet: Montag, 12. März 2018 22:33
An: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Betreff: Re: [nvda] Registry fixing tool in nvda

 

Question from a long time Window Eyes user. At present Windows can’t update to the latest version as it thinks there is an incompatible program installed on my computer. That program is Window Eyes. I have correctly uninstalled WE and have done multiple searches to try and find remnants. My best guess is that it is lurking still in my registry. I am not foolish enough to try editing my registry, and Leary of using any of the “registry cleaners.” Any chance that this addon would find such a lingering registry entry. When I read “other programs” I assume other access software. I am not having the issues described in this thread, but. . . .

Any advice out there?

Rick

 

Dr. Rick Ely

TVI, Vision Consultant

451 Rocky Hill Road

Florence, MA 01062

&413()  727-3038

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene New Zealand
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2018 3:53 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Registry fixing tool in nvda

 

Hi

 

Just had a quick look is this a snapshot to fix the unknown and pane problems that some people have had in the past? if it is and it works it would be far easier than the other way which i have been posting from time to time.

 

Gene nz

 

 

On 3/13/2018 12:10 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:

I know a number of people here have had serious issues with browsers not reading word not working right with nvda and other associated problems.
For some time now this has been known to be due to  registry issues due to uninstallers of other software not correctly registering important files. The latest next snapshot has a tool to fix this, rather predictably in its tool menu, so if you are having such issues, it may well be a good idea to try this version of nvda and use the tool.
it should do no harm, but do remember that next snaps are bleeding edge code and will need to be used with caution. Always back up your previous version and set a restore point before doing any work on registry files. Note the account that its used on has to have admin access or it won't work.

Here is what the  entry says.

commit 8793a65c7aa65949a9043aafc932627ff158c90a
Author: Michael Curran <mick@...>
Date: Thu 08 Mar 2018 09:41:04 +1000
Installer: re-register some common COM interfaces which commonly get broken by bad uninstallers.
Raw diff
commit d3a9795e75cdbe9241d11eecb9a98fbe774a17f7
Author: Michael Curran <mick@...>
Date: Mon 12 Mar 2018 12:06:37 +1000
COMRegistrationFixes tool: add a backslash to the systemDrive. Also deremove some unused functions.
Raw diff
commit 3a5abd72a307fbe02779111dfee3bc5f5371345d
Author: Michael Curran <mick@...>
Date: Mon 12 Mar 2018 12:07:19 +1000
Add the COM Registrations Fixing tool to NVDA's Tools menu.
Raw diff
commit e1d79784de5f0b77343992e61b1fb811a9dc826e
Author: Michael Curran <mick@...>
Date: Mon 12 Mar 2018 15:43:05 +1000
Add a warning dialog to the COM Registration Fixing tool when run manually from the Tools menu.
Raw diff
commit 7c2e945533f7386b4b3142281e23009997f5d801
Author: Michael Curran <mick@...>
Date: Mon 12 Mar 2018 17:44:10 +1000
Add copyright header
Raw diff
commit 877362bde2e108fae69c067cb26bdd797843caa8
Author: Michael Curran <mick@...>
Date: Mon 12 Mar 2018 17:48:11 +1000
Add a module docstring
Raw diff
commit e550d32924b55272e05254eada58c9bb04fd1ae7
Author: Michael Curran <mick@...>
Date: Mon 12 Mar 2018 17:55:53 +1000
Incubates #8075
Raw diff

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

 

--

Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net Regardless of where you are in New Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can use a copy of the NVDA screen reader on one of their computers. To find out which locations (or location) is near to you please visit http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries (Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa). To find an NVDA certified expert near you, please visit the following link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The certification page contains the official list of NVDA certified individuals from around the world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert exam.


--
Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net Regardless of where you are in New Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can use a copy of the NVDA screen reader on one of their computers. To find out which locations (or location) is near to you please visit http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries (Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa). To find an NVDA certified expert near you, please visit the following link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The certification page contains the official list of NVDA certified individuals from around the world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert exam.

--
Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net Regardless of where you are in New Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can use a copy of the NVDA screen reader on one of their computers. To find out which locations (or location) is near to you please visit http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries (Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa). To find an NVDA certified expert near you, please visit the following link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The certification page contains the official list of NVDA certified individuals from around the world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert exam.


Re: Registry fixing tool in nvda

Adriani Botez
 

Yes Gene this should solve it.


Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 12.03.2018 um 23:36 schrieb Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>:

Hi


Will yesterdays snapshot be able to fix what is in the ticket below.

I asked Brian but because he is say 12 hours behind us I might not know for a while.


NVDA stops reading webpages in all browser - saying "unknown" or "pane" (#2807)

The above is the ticket number.


If this is the case i know of a person who has contacted me with the what is described in the ticket. I am sure also she is using windows 10 but could get more info from her if needed.



I am hoping the next snapshot where the tool is under the tools menu might fix the problem or am i wrong?


She needs a way to register those files that are broken where it says unknown or pane.




Gene nz



On 3/13/2018 10:36 AM, Adriani Botez wrote:

This registry tool in NVDA only registers the required dlls for the accessibility API to comunicate properly with NVDA. You will not be able to edit your registry with it.

 

You can use CCleaner for that purpose.

 

Best

Adriani

 

 

Von: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> Im Auftrag von ely.r@...
Gesendet: Montag, 12. März 2018 22:33
An: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Betreff: Re: [nvda] Registry fixing tool in nvda

 

Question from a long time Window Eyes user. At present Windows can’t update to the latest version as it thinks there is an incompatible program installed on my computer. That program is Window Eyes. I have correctly uninstalled WE and have done multiple searches to try and find remnants. My best guess is that it is lurking still in my registry. I am not foolish enough to try editing my registry, and Leary of using any of the “registry cleaners.” Any chance that this addon would find such a lingering registry entry. When I read “other programs” I assume other access software. I am not having the issues described in this thread, but. . . .

Any advice out there?

Rick

 

Dr. Rick Ely

TVI, Vision Consultant

451 Rocky Hill Road

Florence, MA 01062

&413()  727-3038

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene New Zealand
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2018 3:53 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Registry fixing tool in nvda

 

Hi

 

Just had a quick look is this a snapshot to fix the unknown and pane problems that some people have had in the past? if it is and it works it would be far easier than the other way which i have been posting from time to time.

 

Gene nz

 

 

On 3/13/2018 12:10 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:

I know a number of people here have had serious issues with browsers not reading word not working right with nvda and other associated problems.
For some time now this has been known to be due to  registry issues due to uninstallers of other software not correctly registering important files. The latest next snapshot has a tool to fix this, rather predictably in its tool menu, so if you are having such issues, it may well be a good idea to try this version of nvda and use the tool.
it should do no harm, but do remember that next snaps are bleeding edge code and will need to be used with caution. Always back up your previous version and set a restore point before doing any work on registry files. Note the account that its used on has to have admin access or it won't work.

Here is what the  entry says.

commit 8793a65c7aa65949a9043aafc932627ff158c90a
Author: Michael Curran <mick@...>
Date: Thu 08 Mar 2018 09:41:04 +1000
Installer: re-register some common COM interfaces which commonly get broken by bad uninstallers.
Raw diff
commit d3a9795e75cdbe9241d11eecb9a98fbe774a17f7
Author: Michael Curran <mick@...>
Date: Mon 12 Mar 2018 12:06:37 +1000
COMRegistrationFixes tool: add a backslash to the systemDrive. Also deremove some unused functions.
Raw diff
commit 3a5abd72a307fbe02779111dfee3bc5f5371345d
Author: Michael Curran <mick@...>
Date: Mon 12 Mar 2018 12:07:19 +1000
Add the COM Registrations Fixing tool to NVDA's Tools menu.
Raw diff
commit e1d79784de5f0b77343992e61b1fb811a9dc826e
Author: Michael Curran <mick@...>
Date: Mon 12 Mar 2018 15:43:05 +1000
Add a warning dialog to the COM Registration Fixing tool when run manually from the Tools menu.
Raw diff
commit 7c2e945533f7386b4b3142281e23009997f5d801
Author: Michael Curran <mick@...>
Date: Mon 12 Mar 2018 17:44:10 +1000
Add copyright header
Raw diff
commit 877362bde2e108fae69c067cb26bdd797843caa8
Author: Michael Curran <mick@...>
Date: Mon 12 Mar 2018 17:48:11 +1000
Add a module docstring
Raw diff
commit e550d32924b55272e05254eada58c9bb04fd1ae7
Author: Michael Curran <mick@...>
Date: Mon 12 Mar 2018 17:55:53 +1000
Incubates #8075
Raw diff

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

 

--

Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net Regardless of where you are in New Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can use a copy of the NVDA screen reader on one of their computers. To find out which locations (or location) is near to you please visit http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries (Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa). To find an NVDA certified expert near you, please visit the following link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The certification page contains the official list of NVDA certified individuals from around the world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert exam.


--
Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net Regardless of where you are in New Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can use a copy of the NVDA screen reader on one of their computers. To find out which locations (or location) is near to you please visit http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries (Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa). To find an NVDA certified expert near you, please visit the following link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The certification page contains the official list of NVDA certified individuals from around the world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert exam.


Re: using WhatsApp with latest version of NVDA

Kevin <kleeva5@...>
 

What is what’s up?

 

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

 

From: Jessica D
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2018 5:33 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] using WhatsApp with latest version of NVDA

 

              Hi,

I used the QR code presented on the screen, and made the page full-screen for easier visibility.

 

Thanks,

Jessica

 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Governor staten
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2018 8:31 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] using WhatsApp with latest version of NVDA

 

How'd you get it up and running to begin with?

 

 

 

On 3/12/2018 8:25 PM, Jessica D wrote:

Hi,

I’ve just installed WhatsApp on my computer,

I need advice on what the best way is to navigate and manage conversations?

 

Thanks,

Jessica

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

 

 


Re: using WhatsApp with latest version of NVDA

 

there is a notice on there page that the add on will be no longer developed

On 3/12/2018 5:54 PM, Aravind R wrote:
use f123 add on for google chrome. you can navigate each conversation as heading

On 3/13/18, Governor staten <govsta@gmail.com> wrote:
This app needs some accessibility love, I'd say. All you hear is
"section" when you tab over anything.



------------------------------------------------------------------------


On 3/12/2018 8:33 PM, Jessica D wrote:
              Hi,

I used the QR code presented on the screen, and made the page
full-screen for easier visibility.

Thanks,

Jessica

Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for
Windows 10

*From: *Governor staten <mailto:govsta@gmail.com>
*Sent: *Monday, March 12, 2018 8:31 PM
*To: *nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
*Subject: *Re: [nvda] using WhatsApp with latest version of NVDA

How'd you get it up and running to begin with?

On 3/12/2018 8:25 PM, Jessica D wrote:

Hi,

I’ve just installed WhatsApp on my computer,

I need advice on what the best way is to navigate and manage
conversations?

Thanks,

Jessica

Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>
for Windows 10


NVDA lags in thunderbird

Rosemarie Chavarria
 

Hi, everyone,


I'm trying thunderbird and when I type messages, NVDA lags. I'm not typing fast either so why is this happening?


Thanks for your help in advance.


Rosemarie


Re: using WhatsApp with latest version of NVDA

Aravind R
 

use f123 add on for google chrome. you can navigate each conversation as heading

On 3/13/18, Governor staten <govsta@gmail.com> wrote:
This app needs some accessibility love, I'd say. All you hear is
"section" when you tab over anything.



------------------------------------------------------------------------


On 3/12/2018 8:33 PM, Jessica D wrote:

              Hi,

I used the QR code presented on the screen, and made the page
full-screen for easier visibility.

Thanks,

Jessica

Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for
Windows 10

*From: *Governor staten <mailto:govsta@gmail.com>
*Sent: *Monday, March 12, 2018 8:31 PM
*To: *nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
*Subject: *Re: [nvda] using WhatsApp with latest version of NVDA

How'd you get it up and running to begin with?

On 3/12/2018 8:25 PM, Jessica D wrote:

Hi,

I’ve just installed WhatsApp on my computer,

I need advice on what the best way is to navigate and manage
conversations?

Thanks,

Jessica

Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>
for Windows 10

--
nothing is difficult unless you make it appear so.

r. aravind,

Assistant manager
Department of sales
bank of baroda specialised mortgage store, Chennai.
mobile no: +91 9940369593, 9710945613.
email id : aravind_069@yahoo.com, aravind.andhrabank@gmail.com.


Re: using WhatsApp with latest version of NVDA

 

This app needs some accessibility love, I'd say. All you hear is "section" when you tab over anything.





On 3/12/2018 8:33 PM, Jessica D wrote:

              Hi,

I used the QR code presented on the screen, and made the page full-screen for easier visibility.

 

Thanks,

Jessica

 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Governor staten
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2018 8:31 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] using WhatsApp with latest version of NVDA

 

How'd you get it up and running to begin with?

 

 

 

On 3/12/2018 8:25 PM, Jessica D wrote:

Hi,

I’ve just installed WhatsApp on my computer,

I need advice on what the best way is to navigate and manage conversations?

 

Thanks,

Jessica

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

 


Re: using WhatsApp with latest version of NVDA

Jessica D <jldail13@...>
 

              Hi,

I used the QR code presented on the screen, and made the page full-screen for easier visibility.

 

Thanks,

Jessica

 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Governor staten
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2018 8:31 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] using WhatsApp with latest version of NVDA

 

How'd you get it up and running to begin with?

 

 

 

On 3/12/2018 8:25 PM, Jessica D wrote:

Hi,

I’ve just installed WhatsApp on my computer,

I need advice on what the best way is to navigate and manage conversations?

 

Thanks,

Jessica

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

 


Re: using WhatsApp with latest version of NVDA

 

How'd you get it up and running to begin with?





On 3/12/2018 8:25 PM, Jessica D wrote:

Hi,

I’ve just installed WhatsApp on my computer,

I need advice on what the best way is to navigate and manage conversations?

 

Thanks,

Jessica

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10