Date   

Re: Latest Firefox is extremely slow

Gene
 

I should add that I wasn't responding to Andy, although his post is below mine.  I was responding to Brian and Shaun, who have been unrelentingly critical of what Mozilla is doing.  We now have two posts today about significant improvements in version 58 of Firefox.
 
Gene 

----- Original Message -----
From: Gene
Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2018 4:24 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Latest Firefox is extremely slow

Amazing how a legitimate course of action by Mozilla generates such endless negative comments.  Also, what is going on is about much more than security.  Did anyone who is sending all these negative comments read the blog about this that reproduced a message from Mozilla about two months ago?  It explained in detail, that as web sites become increasingly interactive, the old ways of presenting web pages will be increasingly inadequate and that is one reason they are making the changes. 
 
The blog entry also said that it is the goal of Mozilla to restore speed to its previous level as work continues on the browser and we have seen a message today saying that speed is a good deal better in version 58. 
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: Andy
Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2018 3:20 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Latest Firefox is extremely slow

Or Google Chrome.

Andy

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shaun Everiss" <sm.everiss@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2018 2:42 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Latest Firefox is extremely slow


>I am done with mozilla..
>
> If they say that screen readers are the problem I will use water fox which
> as all the stuff I need.
>
> True it will eventually use outdated addons but so what.
>
> With this new processer bug fix, I suspect firefox will be even worse.
>
>
>
>
> On 4/01/2018 10:41 p.m., Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
>> Incidentally 57 latest still completely fails in my windows 7, so I'm
>> back on 52 esr. Maybe by the time they get to version 60 ythey might get
>> it torun on windows 7. Ahem.
>>
>> Brian
>>
>> bglists@...
>> Sent via blueyonder.
>> Please address personal email to:-
>> briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
>> in the display name field.
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ron Canazzi" <aa2vm@...>
>> To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
>> Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2018 6:09 AM
>> Subject: Re: [nvda] Latest Firefox is extremely slow
>>
>>
>>> Hi Group,
>>>
>>>
>>> I have the latest 57 version, I think its 5 or 6 as in 57.005 or 57.006
>>> and I don't see this sluggishness.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> On 1/4/2018 12:47 AM, Lino Morales wrote:
>>>> Yes. Run the version 52 ESR or simply wait till V 58 comes out.
>>>> Download 58 beta build 13 also if you'd like. That's what I'm running
>>>> now. Its not as slow as V577.3.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On 1/4/2018 12:34 AM, Edhoari Setiyoso wrote:
>>>>> Hi All,
>>>>>
>>>>> I tried Firefox for couple of weeks now and it feels so sluggish. I
>>>>> think it began with Firefox Quantum, Unfortunately the solution that I
>>>>> found in the mozilla forum is to prevent access for accessibility,
>>>>> effectively rendering it useless with NVDA. Does anyone here has
>>>>> another solution?
>>>>>
>>>>> Best Regards
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
>>> They ask: "How Happy are You?"
>>> I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>> .
>>
>
>
>
>




Re: Latest Firefox is extremely slow

Gene
 

Amazing how a legitimate course of action by Mozilla generates such endless negative comments.  Also, what is going on is about much more than security.  Did anyone who is sending all these negative comments read the blog about this that reproduced a message from Mozilla about two months ago?  It explained in detail, that as web sites become increasingly interactive, the old ways of presenting web pages will be increasingly inadequate and that is one reason they are making the changes. 
 
The blog entry also said that it is the goal of Mozilla to restore speed to its previous level as work continues on the browser and we have seen a message today saying that speed is a good deal better in version 58. 
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
From: Andy
Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2018 3:20 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Latest Firefox is extremely slow

Or Google Chrome.

Andy

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shaun Everiss" <sm.everiss@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2018 2:42 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Latest Firefox is extremely slow


>I am done with mozilla..
>
> If they say that screen readers are the problem I will use water fox which
> as all the stuff I need.
>
> True it will eventually use outdated addons but so what.
>
> With this new processer bug fix, I suspect firefox will be even worse.
>
>
>
>
> On 4/01/2018 10:41 p.m., Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
>> Incidentally 57 latest still completely fails in my windows 7, so I'm
>> back on 52 esr. Maybe by the time they get to version 60 ythey might get
>> it torun on windows 7. Ahem.
>>
>> Brian
>>
>> bglists@...
>> Sent via blueyonder.
>> Please address personal email to:-
>> briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
>> in the display name field.
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ron Canazzi" <aa2vm@...>
>> To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
>> Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2018 6:09 AM
>> Subject: Re: [nvda] Latest Firefox is extremely slow
>>
>>
>>> Hi Group,
>>>
>>>
>>> I have the latest 57 version, I think its 5 or 6 as in 57.005 or 57.006
>>> and I don't see this sluggishness.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> On 1/4/2018 12:47 AM, Lino Morales wrote:
>>>> Yes. Run the version 52 ESR or simply wait till V 58 comes out.
>>>> Download 58 beta build 13 also if you'd like. That's what I'm running
>>>> now. Its not as slow as V577.3.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On 1/4/2018 12:34 AM, Edhoari Setiyoso wrote:
>>>>> Hi All,
>>>>>
>>>>> I tried Firefox for couple of weeks now and it feels so sluggish. I
>>>>> think it began with Firefox Quantum, Unfortunately the solution that I
>>>>> found in the mozilla forum is to prevent access for accessibility,
>>>>> effectively rendering it useless with NVDA. Does anyone here has
>>>>> another solution?
>>>>>
>>>>> Best Regards
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
>>> They ask: "How Happy are You?"
>>> I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>> .
>>
>
>
>
>




Re: windows patch for intels

 

Could effect amds to.

Could effect video cards to.

I have just update the nvidia drivers on the vid cards on one of the systems I am working on, but I may have to get that machine back and get whatever is the latest driver for the card and hope.

On 5/01/2018 2:00 a.m., Josh Kennedy wrote:
Hi
I have an AMD a6 quad core processor. So I won’t be getting this patch then? Right? I got laptops with AMD processors because they cost a lot less than intel and they run just as good. Also AMD processors are used for xBox game consoles so I figure they must be very good.

Josh


Sent from Mail for Windows 10


Re: Latest Firefox is extremely slow

Lino Morales
 

I think I'm seeing signs to what's to come. I just installed the master snapshot of NVDA and wow baby! Works in 58 beta 14 which came out today.

On 1/4/2018 4:46 PM, Kevin Huber wrote:
Hi Andy:

This information might not help you much, but it might change your
attitude about Firefox.

The latest episode of the Eyes On Success podcast features an
interview with Jamy Teh, who, as you know, was one of the guys who
originated NVDA, and he now works at Mozilla. As he points out in the
interview, Firefox version 57 is not where they would like it to be,
but he promises that the next version, 58 will show a substantial
improvement in the performance of Firefox.
Kevin Huber


On 1/4/18, Andy <wq6r@socal.rr.com> wrote:
Or Google Chrome.

Andy

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shaun Everiss" <sm.everiss@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2018 2:42 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Latest Firefox is extremely slow


I am done with mozilla..

If they say that screen readers are the problem I will use water fox which

as all the stuff I need.

True it will eventually use outdated addons but so what.

With this new processer bug fix, I suspect firefox will be even worse.




On 4/01/2018 10:41 p.m., Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Incidentally 57 latest still completely fails in my windows 7, so I'm
back on 52 esr. Maybe by the time they get to version 60 ythey might get

it torun on windows 7. Ahem.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ron Canazzi" <aa2vm@roadrunner.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2018 6:09 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Latest Firefox is extremely slow


Hi Group,


I have the latest 57 version, I think its 5 or 6 as in 57.005 or 57.006

and I don't see this sluggishness.



On 1/4/2018 12:47 AM, Lino Morales wrote:
Yes. Run the version 52 ESR or simply wait till V 58 comes out.
Download 58 beta build 13 also if you'd like. That's what I'm running
now. Its not as slow as V577.3.


On 1/4/2018 12:34 AM, Edhoari Setiyoso wrote:
Hi All,

I tried Firefox for couple of weeks now and it feels so sluggish. I
think it began with Firefox Quantum, Unfortunately the solution that I

found in the mozilla forum is to prevent access for accessibility,
effectively rendering it useless with NVDA. Does anyone here has
another solution?

Best Regards

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"




.




Re: Latest Firefox is extremely slow

Kevin Huber
 

Hi Andy:

This information might not help you much, but it might change your
attitude about Firefox.

The latest episode of the Eyes On Success podcast features an
interview with Jamy Teh, who, as you know, was one of the guys who
originated NVDA, and he now works at Mozilla. As he points out in the
interview, Firefox version 57 is not where they would like it to be,
but he promises that the next version, 58 will show a substantial
improvement in the performance of Firefox.
Kevin Huber

On 1/4/18, Andy <wq6r@socal.rr.com> wrote:
Or Google Chrome.

Andy

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shaun Everiss" <sm.everiss@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2018 2:42 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Latest Firefox is extremely slow


I am done with mozilla..

If they say that screen readers are the problem I will use water fox which

as all the stuff I need.

True it will eventually use outdated addons but so what.

With this new processer bug fix, I suspect firefox will be even worse.




On 4/01/2018 10:41 p.m., Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Incidentally 57 latest still completely fails in my windows 7, so I'm
back on 52 esr. Maybe by the time they get to version 60 ythey might get

it torun on windows 7. Ahem.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ron Canazzi" <aa2vm@roadrunner.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2018 6:09 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Latest Firefox is extremely slow


Hi Group,


I have the latest 57 version, I think its 5 or 6 as in 57.005 or 57.006

and I don't see this sluggishness.



On 1/4/2018 12:47 AM, Lino Morales wrote:
Yes. Run the version 52 ESR or simply wait till V 58 comes out.
Download 58 beta build 13 also if you'd like. That's what I'm running
now. Its not as slow as V577.3.


On 1/4/2018 12:34 AM, Edhoari Setiyoso wrote:
Hi All,

I tried Firefox for couple of weeks now and it feels so sluggish. I
think it began with Firefox Quantum, Unfortunately the solution that I

found in the mozilla forum is to prevent access for accessibility,
effectively rendering it useless with NVDA. Does anyone here has
another solution?

Best Regards


--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"





.






Re: Error pressing windows key, windows7 pro, las nvda next

 

Hi,
Which branch is this?
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ângelo Abrantes
Sent: Thursday, January 4, 2018 1:14 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Error pressing windows key, windows7 pro, las nvda next

He,


When I press windows key, I get the folloing error, with the last NVDA next:


"Speaking [u'Menu Iniciar']
IO - speech.speak (21:12:00.042):
Speaking [u'Caixa de Pesquisa edi\xe7\xe3o Procurar programas e ficheiros'] ERROR - eventHandler.executeEvent (21:12:00.062):
error executing event: gainFocus on
<NVDAObjects.Dynamic_EditableTextWithoutAutoSelectDetectionUIA object at
0x05DFBEF0> with extra args of {}
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "eventHandler.pyc", line 152, in executeEvent
File "eventHandler.pyc", line 92, in __init__
File "eventHandler.pyc", line 100, in next
File
"C:\Users\Angelo\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\remote\globalPlugins\remoteClient\__init__.py",
line 410, in event_gainFocus
File "eventHandler.pyc", line 100, in next
File "appModules\explorer.pyc", line 280, in event_gainFocus
File "eventHandler.pyc", line 100, in next
File "NVDAObjects\__init__.pyc", line 951, in event_gainFocus
File "NVDAObjects\__init__.pyc", line 839, in reportFocus
File "speech.pyc", line 396, in speakObject
File "speech.pyc", line 752, in speakTextInfo
File "NVDAObjects\UIA\__init__.pyc", line 621, in getTextWithFields
File "NVDAObjects\UIA\__init__.pyc", line 611, in _getTextWithFieldsForUIARange
File "NVDAObjects\UIA\__init__.pyc", line 446, in _getTextWithFields_text
File "NVDAObjects\UIA\__init__.pyc", line 241, in _getFormatFieldAtRange
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'fetchAnnotationTypes' referenced before assignment "


Cheers.

Ângelo Abrantes


---
Este e-mail foi verificado em termos de vírus pelo software antivírus Avast.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus


Re: Latest Firefox is extremely slow

Andy
 

Or Google Chrome.

Andy

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shaun Everiss" <sm.everiss@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2018 2:42 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Latest Firefox is extremely slow


I am done with mozilla..

If they say that screen readers are the problem I will use water fox which as all the stuff I need.

True it will eventually use outdated addons but so what.

With this new processer bug fix, I suspect firefox will be even worse.




On 4/01/2018 10:41 p.m., Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Incidentally 57 latest still completely fails in my windows 7, so I'm back on 52 esr. Maybe by the time they get to version 60 ythey might get it torun on windows 7. Ahem.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ron Canazzi" <aa2vm@roadrunner.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2018 6:09 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Latest Firefox is extremely slow


Hi Group,


I have the latest 57 version, I think its 5 or 6 as in 57.005 or 57.006 and I don't see this sluggishness.



On 1/4/2018 12:47 AM, Lino Morales wrote:
Yes. Run the version 52 ESR or simply wait till V 58 comes out. Download 58 beta build 13 also if you'd like. That's what I'm running now. Its not as slow as V577.3.


On 1/4/2018 12:34 AM, Edhoari Setiyoso wrote:
Hi All,

I tried Firefox for couple of weeks now and it feels so sluggish. I think it began with Firefox Quantum, Unfortunately the solution that I found in the mozilla forum is to prevent access for accessibility, effectively rendering it useless with NVDA. Does anyone here has another solution?

Best Regards


--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"





.


Error pressing windows key, windows7 pro, las nvda next

Ângelo Abrantes
 

He,


When I press windows key, I get the folloing error, with the last NVDA next:


"Speaking [u'Menu Iniciar']
IO - speech.speak (21:12:00.042):
Speaking [u'Caixa de Pesquisa  edi\xe7\xe3o   Procurar programas e ficheiros']
ERROR - eventHandler.executeEvent (21:12:00.062):
error executing event: gainFocus on <NVDAObjects.Dynamic_EditableTextWithoutAutoSelectDetectionUIA object at 0x05DFBEF0> with extra args of {}
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "eventHandler.pyc", line 152, in executeEvent
  File "eventHandler.pyc", line 92, in __init__
  File "eventHandler.pyc", line 100, in next
  File "C:\Users\Angelo\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\remote\globalPlugins\remoteClient\__init__.py", line 410, in event_gainFocus
  File "eventHandler.pyc", line 100, in next
  File "appModules\explorer.pyc", line 280, in event_gainFocus
  File "eventHandler.pyc", line 100, in next
  File "NVDAObjects\__init__.pyc", line 951, in event_gainFocus
  File "NVDAObjects\__init__.pyc", line 839, in reportFocus
  File "speech.pyc", line 396, in speakObject
  File "speech.pyc", line 752, in speakTextInfo
  File "NVDAObjects\UIA\__init__.pyc", line 621, in getTextWithFields
  File "NVDAObjects\UIA\__init__.pyc", line 611, in _getTextWithFieldsForUIARange
  File "NVDAObjects\UIA\__init__.pyc", line 446, in _getTextWithFields_text
  File "NVDAObjects\UIA\__init__.pyc", line 241, in _getFormatFieldAtRange
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'fetchAnnotationTypes' referenced before assignment
"


Cheers.

Ângelo Abrantes


---
Este e-mail foi verificado em termos de vírus pelo software antivírus Avast.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus


Error instaling and launching the latest master

bob jutzi <jutzi1@...>
 

After installing the latest Master and launching it, the following error is displayed:
Error registering winevent hook.


Re: one core voices are too slow when I choose them with nvda

Sarah k Alawami
 

Yah I got it. setings with windows 8, then go right until you hear language and speech, hit enter. Now go to speech ad hit enter or space. Now go o the slider and adjust from there. It will also make your narrator speed up very fast if you are not careful so be aware of this.

On Jan 3, 2018, at 9:50 PM, Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

Hi,
I guess it is time to ask the wizard (Tyler Spivey) to help us.
Cheers,
Joseph
 
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sarah k Alawami
Sent: Wednesday, January 3, 2018 9:30 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] one core voices are too slow when I choose them with nvda
 
I don't know how well you will hear nvda  if at all but here is a sample of when I accidentally had it at 100 percent. I cannot get it to sound like this any longer. Sorry about the crppy audio. Let's just say I was having a bad day. It's attached to my google drive.
 
 


On Jan 3, 2018, at 9:17 PM, Sarah Alawami <marrie12@...> wrote:
 
Ah Ok. I'm no longer in the insider program so guess I'll have to wait for this one.

Take care and thanks.


On Jan 3, 2018, at 9:11 PM, Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

Hi,
Go to Settings/Ease of Access/Narrator and change the rate to above 80. At
the moment the overall rate is tied to that setting, but I'll ask around to
see if we can change that (requires Windows 10 Version 1709).
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io[mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sarah k
Alawami
Sent: Wednesday, January 3, 2018 8:54 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] one core voices are too slow when I choose them with nvda

Hello to all. This happens on the stable and next builds. I just reinstalled
windows on my computer and nvda as well. I made sure the system voice was at
Narrator is set to 70.  The one core voices for nvda are still way way way
too slow. I don't see the voice boost anywhere. How can I change this again'
I've actually forgotten how.

Take care all.




 



Re: Portable Document Format

MJW <matthewjwilliams101@...>
 

btw, I use QRead for reading PDF's Epubs, docx's, etc. It works
particularly well with pdf and epub.

On 04/01/2018, tonea.ctr.morrow@faa.gov <tonea.ctr.morrow@faa.gov> wrote:
One of the help files I make is a PDF. It has a lot of page references
created by Acrobat when it builds the PDF. How does NVDA read them?

For a reference icon directing the sighted user to page six, does NVDA say
(multiple choice):


A. Nothing

B. 6

C. Page 6

D. Reference Page 6

E. Something Else

I can create a sample page if anyone needs one. Just email me privately and
I'll send it to you since I can't send it to the list.

I've been so busy boning up on W3.WCAG 2.0 that I haven't done much with PDF
standards yet.

Thanks,

Tonea Morrow


Re: I'm dissappointed

Rosemarie Chavarria
 

Hi, Kevin,

I did do a forced shutdown before calling the microsoft disability line. That's great advice.

Rosemarie

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kevin Huber
Sent: Thursday, January 4, 2018 8:38 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] I'm dissappointed

Hi:

These scammers know that if they can get one out of ten or twenty, or even fifty, They can make a killing, so it is worth it to them.

If they are claiming to be Microsoft or some company like that and you are even a little suspicious, my advice would be to get rid of them by unplugging the computer or doing a forced shutdown, then call Microsoft Support themselves, tell them about what you just experienced and ask if they are aware of such a virus.
Kevin Huber

On 1/3/18, Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, Keven,

I had that happen to me not too long ago. I had to call the microsoft
disability line and the person there helped me get rid of that pop-up
window. Yes, some of these crooks do claim to be from microsoft. I
guess they have nothing better to do with their time except to scam
innocent victims.

Rosemarie

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Kevin Huber
Sent: Wednesday, January 3, 2018 1:21 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] I'm dissappointed

Hi Kendell:
I had this happen to me a few months ago. the voice told me that if I
wanted to stop that message from repeating over and over again, I had
to call the number on my screen. Since I could not shut down
properly, I did a forced shutdown. I was scared that somehow, my
computer had been hacked, but I was assured, by a friend of mine, who
is a retired IT person, that if I didn't call the number, nothing
could happen. But, wouldn't you know it, only a couple of weeks
later, a friend of mine had her computer hacked because she called the
number. She couldn't believe she'd been scammed since the message on
her screen said that it was from Microsoft, but I told her that some
of those crooks use the name of Microsoft to fool their victums into thinking they are legitimate.

Kevin Huber

On 12/28/17, coffeekingms@hotmail.com <coffeekingms@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi

I don’t know a lot about NVDA remote but in my experience, you have
to deliberately connect to a server, unless of course you select the
default which is to forward things through nvdaremove.com, which I
would not advise.
Not because t spivey and his other developer are not trustworthy but
because it’s an easy target for people who might try to crack the
site or get into remote sessions. Always set up a dedicated pc or at
least a pc that someone you know and trust owns that you can use for
stuff like that. I think it ultimately depends like someone else said
the quality of the person on the other end. I have had people from
other countries try to tell me my computer has reported to them, them
being a fake Microsoft, that it is sick with a virus and for just
$99.99 they can cure it. Clear scam but it can work on people. I’ve
seen it work. I don’t know if these will work anymore with the advent
of windows defender being built in, it might if the person on the
other end says the virus has disabled it. They’ve gotten quite
clever. I ran across a bot that used windows own built in voice to
give the standard you may have a virus prompt. That could lure people
into thinking it is legitimate. I didn’t fall for it because I don’t
use narrator’s default voice and speech settings, but someone who
uses the defaults could fall for it. This in windows 10, it used ms david for the prompt.

Thanks

Kendell Clark





Sent from my Vizio Ultrabook



________________________________
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of Jason
White via Groups.Io <jason=jasonjgw.net@groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, December 28, 2017 7:40:15 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] I'm dissappointed

I would argue that providing technical support is an under-valued
profession. I've encountered technical support staff who clearly
don't know enough to solve my problem, and if they did know,
unfortunately they would be in a "better" (more prestigious, more
highly paid, etc.) job elsewhere.

In the commercial hardware and software world, the usual solution is
to have multiple layers of technical support, so that the easy cases
can be dealt with at the lower levels and the harder cases escalated
upward. In my experience, this often doesn't work well if you have
one of the harder cases. I don't know whether anyone has developed a
model that works effectively and which can scale.

Community support (as with free and open-source software projects)
can be very effective in practice, as this and similar mailing lists
have shown over the years. The more that the user knows, of course,
the more benefits tend to be gained.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, December 28, 2017 3:32 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] I'm dissappointed

I'm keeping away from this subject in case anyone was wondering. I
help out people local to me. In the main its a voice call or a quick
visit in the main. Nine times out of ten its faulty training or lack
of training by others that are the issue.
Also however I have to give credit where it is due. A much maligned
company here in the UK for simply selling boxes, called PC World have
always gone the extra mile for most people who have encountered
problems due to their naivety or disability. They did a telephone
restore of a system for a friend of mine recently and managed to get
the screenreader working as well.
It really depends on the quality of the tech person obviously.

I myself have not used the remote system for nvda in anger and would
not feel happy about doing so without a lot of testing first, mainly
due to my own shortcomings.
Tech support is not easy. Its a bit like solving a criminal case.
You often get bad or no info about what happened and have to somehow
deduce the best way to proceed to preserve data etc.
So when people do say tech support is expensive, yes it is if its
any good.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Gene" <gsasner@ripco.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, December 28, 2017 2:33 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] I'm dissappointed


I'm not planning to offer such a service. I was saying that just
because NVDA is free, that that doesn't mean that technical support
should be assumed to be free. Some people may offer free support and
some may offer paid support. But unless this is discussed, people
may assume that everyone is discussing a free support system because
NVDA is free.

Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: Pascal Lambert
Sent: Thursday, December 28, 2017 8:19 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] I'm dissappointed


Hi All,

Gene’s offer is a sound one. I will be the first one to take
advantage of it. Please let me know when will you start offering
your service.

Blessings

Pascal



From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Gene
Sent: Thursday, December 28, 2017 9:09 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] I'm dissappointed



That's hardly the first suggestion on this list and I doubt on other
lists.
At times, this suggestion is made because people don't know the
answer or because some problems are difficult to solve by back and
forth messages by e-mail. Someone remoting into the computer may
solve some kinds of problems much faster and perhaps problems that
wouldn't be solved on lists either because of lack of knowledge or
the difficulty in solving some problems by exchanging messages.



But since peoples' experiences, as they report them, vary widely when
they call, evidently some techs are competent and some aren't, I
would caution people that it is better to ask about a problem here
first and, those who know enough, when they call the disability line,
should have the tech tell them what is going to be done so that if
something doesn't sound correct, it can be not approved.



But I was talking about technical support offered by the NVDA
community in some way, in my last message. I enjoy answering
questions and solving things on lists. If I had something like a
shift, where I received phone calls for a certain number of hours a
day, that would be more like a job and I might want to be paid for
it. Because of possible limitations in finances, I might not ask to
be paid nearly what my services would be worth, but I might still
want to be paid something, five or seven dollars an hour and that
would be a very cheap price, considering how much good technical
support is worth. That's not even minimum wage in the United States.



Gene

----- Original Message -----

From: Lino Morales

Sent: Thursday, December 28, 2017 6:48 AM

To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Subject: Re: [nvda] I'm dissappointed



I agree. Trying to trouble shoot things regardless of what screen
reader on any version of WIN is the NO.1 priority. The number one
song ahem suggestion as of late here and on the WIN 10 year has been
call the MS disability help desk. It seems like that’s the first
thing as of late that gets spouted off the mouth. This is my chief complaint.
Its getting old. That’s why their lists like this. Somebody is bound
to know the answers to XYZZ question.
Help desk or taking PC or laptop in to a local shop should be a last
resort.



Sent from Mail for Windows 10



From: Gene
Sent: Thursday, December 28, 2017 3:56 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] I'm dissappointed



Perhaps, but a fundamental question as barely been discussed, if at all.
NVDA is free. Does that mean services related to it should be free
and to what extent? If you are going to expect someone to do
something like a job, that is, sit around and wait for calls a
certain number of hours a day, some people might be willing to do
that. That doesn't mean that it is reasonable to assume that enough
people will be willing to do so to build a corps of enough people
around the world. Knowing how to teach and troubleshoot well are
valuable skills and, depending on the problems presented, the
solutions or what is taught may take time and effort. Why would
peoples' skills and knowledge be assumed to be available for free?
That devalues both. I enjoy writing instructions and helping with
problems on an e-mail list where I control what I write and how often
and when I look at list mail when I want.
Sitting Waiting for a phone to ring, being at the call of anyone who
decides to call at any time for a number of hours a day, is a lot
more like work, at least to me.



Gene

----- Original Message -----

From: brian

Sent: Wednesday, December 27, 2017 9:59 PM

To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Subject: Re: [nvda] I'm dissappointed



Why don't we use trained volunteers who would have to pass a
certification and let them wait by the phone or skype for tech support.
People who are advanced users of nvda could be people who could do this.
This would give blind people who don't have anything to do somthing
to do.

Brian Sackrider


On 12/23/2017 2:36 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
Hmmm how would one go about doing this.

Firstly you would need some way to handle this.

I guess if it was all done via skype it could be done but I
certainly do not have time to sit round on a waiting for calls on nvda.

For mail ie email we have this list for global support and the tech
lists at least in new zealand do handle nvda questions and issues if
they get posted there.

There is the blind organisation I am in and they have an
accessibility centre of sorts that covers all support I suspose nvda
to but who knows.

Its an organisation so like all of them they want you to use jaws
but who knows a lot of that has changed a lot.




On 24/12/2017 8:22 a.m., Rui Fontes wrote:
I think the better solution is each NVDA country community having
some kind of support center, by phone or by mail...

At least in Portugal we serve as a kind of support center for NVDA...
by phone, Skype or mail...

Regards,

Rui Fontes
Tiflotecnia, Lda.


Às 18:55 de 23/12/2017, Shaun Everiss escreveu:
Well nvda does not use a traditional support line, the email list
is support for most part.

I think there is a toll call service in australia that the devs
run which you can buy, all reader groups have a trained tech
support call centre, we have mike and maybe other devs doing
support but its not a full support group.

Being that this is opensource and not payed for like jaws I am not
sure how we can fix this shortfall.

Technically I guess we can have groups on skype and or whats app
for nvda support but you really need someone to pick up that phone
and dial support.

Here is the thing, a number of devs and a few are payed but most
of us are not.

Having used jaws, and dolphin products while I have needed support
for most of my comercial product use its never been that much and
email has been most of it but if I need a responce the phone is
always the best especially if the computer does not work right.




On 24/12/2017 4:43 a.m., susan@cantos.us wrote:
I am a teacher of students with visual impairments. One of my
students is learning to use a screen reader and I decided to
adopt NVDA. Tireless hours training have been spent training
myself through videos, websites, youtubes, etc. I started
training my student and implementing it with his school work. We
have found what works one day does not always work the next day.
What has been frustrating is how difficult it is to get tech
support for NVDA on the spot as we sometimes need in the educational setting.
We have very limited hours in a school day to complete our
training and work with students with visual impairments. Their
curriculum extends beyond the core curriculum as we all know and
efficiency with support is critical. I am starting to use JAWS
with my student and it has been seemless and working well. I
really want to adopt NVDA but it has been very frustrating. We
teach our students to brainstorm and contact tech support when
needed but NVDA does not make it easy for our students to do this.
Our students are the future of NVDA as future screen readers.
Thoughts?




.


.






















Portable Document Format

tonea.ctr.morrow@...
 

One of the help files I make is a PDF.  It has a lot of page references created by Acrobat when it builds the PDF. How does NVDA read them?

 

For a reference icon directing the sighted user to page six, does NVDA say (multiple choice):

 

A.      Nothing

B.      6

C.      Page 6

D.      Reference Page 6

E.       Something Else

 

I can create a sample page if anyone needs one. Just email me privately and I’ll send it to you since I can’t send it to the list.

 

I’ve been so busy boning up on W3.WCAG 2.0 that I haven’t done much with PDF standards yet.

 

Thanks,

 

Tonea Morrow


Re: Mozilla Apps Enhancements add-on is out #addonrelease

Rui Fontes
 

It will announce what is in the date column.
In the messages received on the current day, Thunderbird only display time...

Rui


Às 02:16 de 04/01/2018, Robert Mendoza escreveu:

I tested this and it works well. However, in Thunderbird when I pressed control+ shift + 6 it announces only the time, not the date. Also, like to ask if we could customize the date format settings as well.
Robert Mendoza
On 1/4/2018 9:20 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi Mozilla fans,

A brand new add-on named Mozilla Apps Enhancements by Javi Dominguez is now up. This adds useful keyboard commands for Firefox and Thunderbird.

Details can be found at:

https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/mozillaScripts.en.html

Enjoy.

Cheers,

Joseph


Re: windows patch for intels

 

Hi,

No, it affects AMD processors, so you’ll get this patch.

Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Josh Kennedy
Sent: Thursday, January 4, 2018 5:01 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] windows patch for intels

 

Hi

I have an AMD a6 quad core processor. So I won’t be getting this patch then? Right? I got laptops with AMD processors because they cost a lot less than intel and they run just as good. Also AMD processors are used for xBox game consoles so I figure they must be very good.

 

Josh

 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 


Re: I'm dissappointed

Kevin Huber
 

Hi:

These scammers know that if they can get one out of ten or twenty, or
even fifty, They can make a killing, so it is worth it to them.

If they are claiming to be Microsoft or some company like that and you
are even a little suspicious, my advice would be to get rid of them by
unplugging the computer or doing a forced shutdown, then call
Microsoft Support themselves, tell them about what you just
experienced and ask if they are aware of such a virus.
Kevin Huber

On 1/3/18, Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, Keven,

I had that happen to me not too long ago. I had to call the microsoft
disability line and the person there helped me get rid of that pop-up
window. Yes, some of these crooks do claim to be from microsoft. I guess
they have nothing better to do with their time except to scam innocent
victims.

Rosemarie

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kevin
Huber
Sent: Wednesday, January 3, 2018 1:21 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] I'm dissappointed

Hi Kendell:
I had this happen to me a few months ago. the voice told me that if I wanted
to stop that message from repeating over and over again, I had to call the
number on my screen. Since I could not shut down properly, I did a forced
shutdown. I was scared that somehow, my computer had been hacked, but I was
assured, by a friend of mine, who is a retired IT person, that if I didn't
call the number, nothing could happen. But, wouldn't you know it, only a
couple of weeks later, a friend of mine had her computer hacked because she
called the number. She couldn't believe she'd been scammed since the
message on her screen said that it was from Microsoft, but I told her that
some of those crooks use the name of Microsoft to fool their victums into
thinking they are legitimate.

Kevin Huber

On 12/28/17, coffeekingms@hotmail.com <coffeekingms@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi

I don’t know a lot about NVDA remote but in my experience, you have to
deliberately connect to a server, unless of course you select the
default which is to forward things through nvdaremove.com, which I would
not advise.
Not because t spivey and his other developer are not trustworthy but
because it’s an easy target for people who might try to crack the site
or get into remote sessions. Always set up a dedicated pc or at least
a pc that someone you know and trust owns that you can use for stuff
like that. I think it ultimately depends like someone else said the
quality of the person on the other end. I have had people from other
countries try to tell me my computer has reported to them, them being
a fake Microsoft, that it is sick with a virus and for just $99.99
they can cure it. Clear scam but it can work on people. I’ve seen it
work. I don’t know if these will work anymore with the advent of
windows defender being built in, it might if the person on the other
end says the virus has disabled it. They’ve gotten quite clever. I ran
across a bot that used windows own built in voice to give the standard
you may have a virus prompt. That could lure people into thinking it
is legitimate. I didn’t fall for it because I don’t use narrator’s
default voice and speech settings, but someone who uses the defaults could
fall for it. This in windows 10, it used ms david for the prompt.

Thanks

Kendell Clark





Sent from my Vizio Ultrabook



________________________________
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of Jason
White via Groups.Io <jason=jasonjgw.net@groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, December 28, 2017 7:40:15 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] I'm dissappointed

I would argue that providing technical support is an under-valued
profession. I've encountered technical support staff who clearly don't
know enough to solve my problem, and if they did know, unfortunately
they would be in a "better" (more prestigious, more highly paid, etc.) job
elsewhere.

In the commercial hardware and software world, the usual solution is
to have multiple layers of technical support, so that the easy cases
can be dealt with at the lower levels and the harder cases escalated
upward. In my experience, this often doesn't work well if you have one
of the harder cases. I don't know whether anyone has developed a model
that works effectively and which can scale.

Community support (as with free and open-source software projects) can
be very effective in practice, as this and similar mailing lists have
shown over the years. The more that the user knows, of course, the
more benefits tend to be gained.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, December 28, 2017 3:32 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] I'm dissappointed

I'm keeping away from this subject in case anyone was wondering. I
help out people local to me. In the main its a voice call or a quick
visit in the main. Nine times out of ten its faulty training or lack
of training by others that are the issue.
Also however I have to give credit where it is due. A much maligned
company here in the UK for simply selling boxes, called PC World have
always gone the extra mile for most people who have encountered
problems due to their naivety or disability. They did a telephone
restore of a system for a friend of mine recently and managed to get the
screenreader working as well.
It really depends on the quality of the tech person obviously.

I myself have not used the remote system for nvda in anger and would
not feel happy about doing so without a lot of testing first, mainly
due to my own shortcomings.
Tech support is not easy. Its a bit like solving a criminal case. You
often get bad or no info about what happened and have to somehow
deduce the best way to proceed to preserve data etc.
So when people do say tech support is expensive, yes it is if its any
good.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Gene" <gsasner@ripco.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, December 28, 2017 2:33 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] I'm dissappointed


I'm not planning to offer such a service. I was saying that just
because NVDA is free, that that doesn't mean that technical support
should be assumed to be free. Some people may offer free support and
some may offer paid support. But unless this is discussed, people may
assume that everyone is discussing a free support system because NVDA
is free.

Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: Pascal Lambert
Sent: Thursday, December 28, 2017 8:19 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] I'm dissappointed


Hi All,

Gene’s offer is a sound one. I will be the first one to take
advantage of it. Please let me know when will you start offering your
service.

Blessings

Pascal



From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Gene
Sent: Thursday, December 28, 2017 9:09 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] I'm dissappointed



That's hardly the first suggestion on this list and I doubt on other
lists.
At times, this suggestion is made because people don't know the answer
or because some problems are difficult to solve by back and forth
messages by e-mail. Someone remoting into the computer may solve some
kinds of problems much faster and perhaps problems that wouldn't be
solved on lists either because of lack of knowledge or the difficulty
in solving some problems by exchanging messages.



But since peoples' experiences, as they report them, vary widely when
they call, evidently some techs are competent and some aren't, I would
caution people that it is better to ask about a problem here first
and, those who know enough, when they call the disability line, should
have the tech tell them what is going to be done so that if something
doesn't sound correct, it can be not approved.



But I was talking about technical support offered by the NVDA
community in some way, in my last message. I enjoy answering
questions and solving things on lists. If I had something like a
shift, where I received phone calls for a certain number of hours a
day, that would be more like a job and I might want to be paid for
it. Because of possible limitations in finances, I might not ask to
be paid nearly what my services would be worth, but I might still want
to be paid something, five or seven dollars an hour and that would be
a very cheap price, considering how much good technical support is
worth. That's not even minimum wage in the United States.



Gene

----- Original Message -----

From: Lino Morales

Sent: Thursday, December 28, 2017 6:48 AM

To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Subject: Re: [nvda] I'm dissappointed



I agree. Trying to trouble shoot things regardless of what screen
reader on any version of WIN is the NO.1 priority. The number one song
ahem suggestion as of late here and on the WIN 10 year has been call
the MS disability help desk. It seems like that’s the first thing as
of late that gets spouted off the mouth. This is my chief complaint.
Its getting old. That’s why their lists like this. Somebody is bound
to know the answers to XYZZ question.
Help desk or taking PC or laptop in to a local shop should be a last
resort.



Sent from Mail for Windows 10



From: Gene
Sent: Thursday, December 28, 2017 3:56 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] I'm dissappointed



Perhaps, but a fundamental question as barely been discussed, if at all.
NVDA is free. Does that mean services related to it should be free
and to what extent? If you are going to expect someone to do
something like a job, that is, sit around and wait for calls a certain
number of hours a day, some people might be willing to do that. That
doesn't mean that it is reasonable to assume that enough people will
be willing to do so to build a corps of enough people around the
world. Knowing how to teach and troubleshoot well are valuable skills
and, depending on the problems presented, the solutions or what is
taught may take time and effort. Why would peoples' skills and
knowledge be assumed to be available for free? That devalues both. I
enjoy writing instructions and helping with problems on an e-mail list
where I control what I write and how often and when I look at list
mail when I want.
Sitting Waiting for a phone to ring, being at the call of anyone who
decides to call at any time for a number of hours a day, is a lot
more like work, at least to me.



Gene

----- Original Message -----

From: brian

Sent: Wednesday, December 27, 2017 9:59 PM

To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Subject: Re: [nvda] I'm dissappointed



Why don't we use trained volunteers who would have to pass a
certification and let them wait by the phone or skype for tech support.
People who are advanced users of nvda could be people who could do this.
This would give blind people who don't have anything to do somthing to
do.

Brian Sackrider


On 12/23/2017 2:36 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
Hmmm how would one go about doing this.

Firstly you would need some way to handle this.

I guess if it was all done via skype it could be done but I certainly
do not have time to sit round on a waiting for calls on nvda.

For mail ie email we have this list for global support and the tech
lists at least in new zealand do handle nvda questions and issues if
they get posted there.

There is the blind organisation I am in and they have an
accessibility centre of sorts that covers all support I suspose nvda to
but who knows.

Its an organisation so like all of them they want you to use jaws but
who knows a lot of that has changed a lot.




On 24/12/2017 8:22 a.m., Rui Fontes wrote:
I think the better solution is each NVDA country community having
some kind of support center, by phone or by mail...

At least in Portugal we serve as a kind of support center for NVDA...
by phone, Skype or mail...

Regards,

Rui Fontes
Tiflotecnia, Lda.


Às 18:55 de 23/12/2017, Shaun Everiss escreveu:
Well nvda does not use a traditional support line, the email list
is support for most part.

I think there is a toll call service in australia that the devs run
which you can buy, all reader groups have a trained tech support
call centre, we have mike and maybe other devs doing support but
its not a full support group.

Being that this is opensource and not payed for like jaws I am not
sure how we can fix this shortfall.

Technically I guess we can have groups on skype and or whats app
for nvda support but you really need someone to pick up that phone
and dial support.

Here is the thing, a number of devs and a few are payed but most
of us are not.

Having used jaws, and dolphin products while I have needed support
for most of my comercial product use its never been that much and
email has been most of it but if I need a responce the phone is
always the best especially if the computer does not work right.




On 24/12/2017 4:43 a.m., susan@cantos.us wrote:
I am a teacher of students with visual impairments. One of my
students is learning to use a screen reader and I decided to adopt
NVDA. Tireless hours training have been spent training myself
through videos, websites, youtubes, etc. I started training my
student and implementing it with his school work. We have found
what works one day does not always work the next day. What has
been frustrating is how difficult it is to get tech support for
NVDA on the spot as we sometimes need in the educational setting.
We have very limited hours in a school day to complete our
training and work with students with visual impairments. Their
curriculum extends beyond the core curriculum as we all know and
efficiency with support is critical. I am starting to use JAWS
with my student and it has been seemless and working well. I
really want to adopt NVDA but it has been very frustrating. We
teach our students to brainstorm and contact tech support when
needed but NVDA does not make it easy for our students to do this.
Our students are the future of NVDA as future screen readers.
Thoughts?




.


.






















Important anouncement regarding Win 10 upgrade for assistive tech users

Jessica D <jldail13@...>
 

Hi,
According to an article I just read,  the free upgrade is still valid for assistive technology users. 
Here's the link, which contains the article with more information.

Windows 10 free upgrade is still alive and kicking in 2018 - techradar https://apple.news/Aq5fEDjsMNmKlV_Wxydqp6g

Thanks,
Jessica


Sent from my iPhone


windows patch for intels

Josh Kennedy
 

Hi

I have an AMD a6 quad core processor. So I won’t be getting this patch then? Right? I got laptops with AMD processors because they cost a lot less than intel and they run just as good. Also AMD processors are used for xBox game consoles so I figure they must be very good.

 

Josh

 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 


Re: Latest Firefox is extremely slow

Gene
 

There may be some reason it's slower on your machine but that's not generally true.  Speed problems in version 57 seem to vary widely, with some people reporting problems and others reporting little or no slowdown.
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2018 5:14 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Latest Firefox is extremely slow

For me FF has always been too slow, that's why I am still using IE.


Il 04/01/2018 10:41, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io ha scritto:
> Incidentally 57 latest still completely fails in my windows 7, so I'm
> back on 52 esr. Maybe by the time they get to version 60 ythey might
> get it torun on windows 7. Ahem.
>
> Brian
>
> bglists@...
> Sent via blueyonder.
> Please address personal email to:-
> briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
> in the display name field.
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ron Canazzi" <aa2vm@...>
> To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
> Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2018 6:09 AM
> Subject: Re: [nvda] Latest Firefox is extremely slow
>
>
>> Hi Group,
>>
>>
>> I have the latest 57 version, I think its 5 or 6 as in 57.005 or
>> 57.006 and I don't see this sluggishness.
>>
>>
>>
>> On 1/4/2018 12:47 AM, Lino Morales wrote:
>>> Yes. Run the version 52 ESR or simply wait till V 58 comes out.
>>> Download 58 beta build 13 also if you'd like. That's what I'm
>>> running now. Its not as slow as V577.3.
>>>
>>>
>>> On 1/4/2018 12:34 AM, Edhoari Setiyoso wrote:
>>>> Hi All,
>>>>
>>>> I tried Firefox for couple of weeks now and it feels so sluggish. I
>>>> think it began with Firefox Quantum, Unfortunately the solution
>>>> that I found in the mozilla forum is to prevent access for
>>>> accessibility, effectively rendering it useless with NVDA. Does
>>>> anyone here has another solution?
>>>>
>>>> Best Regards
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>> --
>> They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
>> They ask: "How Happy are You?"
>> I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
>
> ---
> Questa email è stata esaminata alla ricerca di virus da AVG.
> http://www.avg.com
>




Re: Latest Firefox is extremely slow

Angela Delicata
 

For me FF has always been too slow, that's why I am still using IE.

Il 04/01/2018 10:41, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io ha scritto:
Incidentally 57 latest still completely fails in my windows 7, so I'm back on 52 esr. Maybe by the time they get to version 60 ythey might get it torun on windows 7. Ahem.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ron Canazzi" <aa2vm@roadrunner.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2018 6:09 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Latest Firefox is extremely slow


Hi Group,


I have the latest 57 version, I think its 5 or 6 as in 57.005 or 57.006 and I don't see this sluggishness.



On 1/4/2018 12:47 AM, Lino Morales wrote:
Yes. Run the version 52 ESR or simply wait till V 58 comes out. Download 58 beta build 13 also if you'd like. That's what I'm running now. Its not as slow as V577.3.


On 1/4/2018 12:34 AM, Edhoari Setiyoso wrote:
Hi All,

I tried Firefox for couple of weeks now and it feels so sluggish. I think it began with Firefox Quantum, Unfortunately the solution that I found in the mozilla forum is to prevent access for accessibility, effectively rendering it useless with NVDA. Does anyone here has another solution?

Best Regards


--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"






---
Questa email è stata esaminata alla ricerca di virus da AVG.
http://www.avg.com