Date   

Re: Issues with NVDA on Windows Logon Screen

 

hi.
i checked Use currently saved settings on the logon and other secure
screens (requires administrator privileges) but dont recieve error.
whats the problem with activating this option?

On 9/17/17, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
<bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
I also might suggest that one makes sure the machine has not got the issue
which mine had with a file that would not copy over when use current
settings on log on screen. That ended up with me having two different
configs and the poor old thing got itself confused. You could of course get

in if you disabled the log in screen, but one assumes in the case of the
person with the issue this is not an option.
If you find the copy current config to system goes on forever, then do an
alt tab and you will see errors hidden behind the dialogue on screen.
Eventually I renamed the .dic file causing the issue manually by going into

my named user option and navigating to the right folder there.


However, I wonder if you installed nvda with the correct user privs in the
first place?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "zahra" <nasrinkhaksar3@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, September 17, 2017 4:17 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Issues with NVDA on Windows Logon Screen


hi.
please check also Automatically start NVDA after I log on to Windows.

Use NVDA on the Windows logon screen (requires administrator privileges)

and also Use currently saved settings on the logon and other secure
screens (requires administrator privileges)

i am not familiar with u.ac, but i think turning on all the items
which i mentioned can help you.
God bless you.

On 9/17/17, Mahesh S. Panicker <maheshspanicker@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi listers,
I have been facing a strange issue with NVDA on the Windows logon
screen. I have an Acer machine running Windows 10. I set NVDA to start
at the logon screen. The user account control promptly appeared and I
clicked yes there. However, when I shut the system down and restarted
it, NVDA didn't launch. However, after I completely turned User
Account Control off, it does start, and starts faster than Jaws would
manage. Is there a way to get it to work on the Windows logon screen
even though UAC is turned on and set to 67 percent?
Regards,

--
Dr. Mahesh S. Panicker
Assistant Professor,
Department of Political Science,
Lady Shri Ram College for Women,
Lajpat Nagar
New Delhi 110024




--
we have not sent you but as a mercy to the entire creation.
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration from prophet Mohammad is:
indeed, imam husayn is the beacon of guidance and the ark of salvation.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
www.al-islam.org






--
we have not sent you but as a mercy to the entire creation.
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration from prophet Mohammad is:
indeed, imam husayn is the beacon of guidance and the ark of salvation.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
www.al-islam.org


Re: slow NVDA

 

2017.1 is the best version for me.
i decided to use it forever.

On 9/18/17, Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@gmail.com> wrote:
No issues here. Everything starts up as expected, and all is as snappy as
it can be, even more so.

Take care
On Sep 17, 2017, at 9:49 AM, Holger Fiallo <hfiallo@rcn.com> wrote:



I am noticing that new NVDA is slow and takes a long time to move around
when I start my PC. This was not an issue in the past. Now it is. Using
current W10 and NVDA.
Holger Fiallo
--
we have not sent you but as a mercy to the entire creation.
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration from prophet Mohammad is:
indeed, imam husayn is the beacon of guidance and the ark of salvation.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
www.al-islam.org


Re: how well does NVDA work with outlook 2016

Cristóbal
 

TO be clear, is this with only the stand alone Outlook 2016 program or Office 365 as well?

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: Sunday, September 17, 2017 7:35 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] how well does NVDA work with outlook 2016

 

Ah, that was the crash I was hoping was only on Windows 10.  Ok, if it's the same thing, the best workaround we've found so far is to use control+shift+tab to get to the folder list, then select your folder from there.

 

Control+y, or using control+1, control+2 etc, or even clicking on folders with the mouse all seem to produce this crash.  From what we've found, it's something Microsoft have changed in Outlook recently.

 

 

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 11:30 AM, Casey <cwollner@...> wrote:

Hi well I am using it now with windows seven.

I can tell you this much.

When you are in your mailbox list don’t use control y

Cause it will make your outlook crash or NVDA not respond.

At least it did on my system anyway.

 

 

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: Sunday, September 17, 2017 7:22 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] how well does NVDA work with outlook 2016

 

Hi Casey,

 

In general, yes, it should work best with the latest version.  I think the main problems at the moment are with Outlook on Windows 10.  In any case, do let us know how you go.

 

Regards

 

Quentin.

 

On Sun, Sep 17, 2017 at 12:28 PM, Casey <cwollner@...> wrote:

Hi how well does NVDA work with outlook 2016?

I have the version 17.03 and I am running windows seven.

So is ther anything to whatch out for when using that program?

Or does it work just as it is with NVDA the latest version?

 

 



 

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

 

Official NVDA Training modules and expert certification now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

 

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess 
Twitter: @NVAccess 



 

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

 

Official NVDA Training modules and expert certification now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

 

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess 
Twitter: @NVAccess 


Re: how well does NVDA work with outlook 2016

Quentin Christensen
 

Ah, that was the crash I was hoping was only on Windows 10.  Ok, if it's the same thing, the best workaround we've found so far is to use control+shift+tab to get to the folder list, then select your folder from there.

Control+y, or using control+1, control+2 etc, or even clicking on folders with the mouse all seem to produce this crash.  From what we've found, it's something Microsoft have changed in Outlook recently.


On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 11:30 AM, Casey <cwollner@...> wrote:

Hi well I am using it now with windows seven.

I can tell you this much.

When you are in your mailbox list don’t use control y

Cause it will make your outlook crash or NVDA not respond.

At least it did on my system anyway.

 

 

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: Sunday, September 17, 2017 7:22 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] how well does NVDA work with outlook 2016

 

Hi Casey,

 

In general, yes, it should work best with the latest version.  I think the main problems at the moment are with Outlook on Windows 10.  In any case, do let us know how you go.

 

Regards

 

Quentin.

 

On Sun, Sep 17, 2017 at 12:28 PM, Casey <cwollner@...> wrote:

Hi how well does NVDA work with outlook 2016?

I have the version 17.03 and I am running windows seven.

So is ther anything to whatch out for when using that program?

Or does it work just as it is with NVDA the latest version?

 

 



 

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

 

Official NVDA Training modules and expert certification now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

 

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess 
Twitter: @NVAccess 




--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Official NVDA Training modules and expert certification now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess 
Twitter: @NVAccess 


Re: how well does NVDA work with outlook 2016

Casey <cwollner@...>
 

Hi well I am using it now with windows seven.

I can tell you this much.

When you are in your mailbox list don’t use control y

Cause it will make your outlook crash or NVDA not respond.

At least it did on my system anyway.

 

 

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: Sunday, September 17, 2017 7:22 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] how well does NVDA work with outlook 2016

 

Hi Casey,

 

In general, yes, it should work best with the latest version.  I think the main problems at the moment are with Outlook on Windows 10.  In any case, do let us know how you go.

 

Regards

 

Quentin.

 

On Sun, Sep 17, 2017 at 12:28 PM, Casey <cwollner@...> wrote:

Hi how well does NVDA work with outlook 2016?

I have the version 17.03 and I am running windows seven.

So is ther anything to whatch out for when using that program?

Or does it work just as it is with NVDA the latest version?

 

 



 

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

 

Official NVDA Training modules and expert certification now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

 

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess 
Twitter: @NVAccess 


a bit off top, question about free youtube to mp3 converter

Dan Thompson
 

I use NVDA  for everything and am so greatful for all the programers/developers.

Question, I need a list to contact regarding the Free youtube to mp3 converter.  I have put together a book called “making computers fun” that includes a chapter using that [program with NVDA  for low vision or totally blind seniors.  However, with the recent upgrade, I don’t want to remain too much off topic to long.  But in short the results of keystrokes that once worked are not.  I have tried contacting support with no help.  Does anyone use the program extensively and would be willing to communicate with me off list?  Thanks for the modoriator’s patience and those listers getting this message.

The book is just about to go to the printer and may need that chpter rewritten.

 

 

subscribe to Friday Finds by sending a blank email with "subscribe dan's tips" in the subject line. To

dmt031073@...

subscribe to "Hotspot With God" daily devotion by sending a blank message with "subscribe devotion" in the subject line to

dmt031073@...

TRUTH FOR TODAY:

Romans 8:28, "And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who  love God and are called according to his purpose for them." (NLT)

Psalm 119:60, "I will hasten and not delay to obey your commands." (NIV)

 


Re: NVDA hot keys equivalent to Window-Eyes

Quentin Christensen
 

As well as the direct assistance others have provided, another resource you might find useful is the guide that Gene wrote on switching from Window-Eyes to NVDA: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda-community/wiki/Switching-from-Window-Eyes-to-NVDA

Regards

Quentin.

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 1:16 AM, Rui Fontes <rui.fontes@...> wrote:
Hi!

If I am not mistaken:

Read active window  Control-shift- w
NVDA + B

Speak summary  control-shift-s
I suppose this function is not available in NVDA!


Title/status of current active programme control-shift t
NVDA+T


status line  control-insert-s
NVDA+End


highlighted block  control-shift-m If you mean the selected text, NVDA+Shift+UpArrow


field data  control-shift-d
field name  control-shift-n

I suppose both are included in NVDA+Tab.

Rui








--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Official NVDA Training modules and expert certification now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess 
Twitter: @NVAccess 


Re: how well does NVDA work with outlook 2016

Quentin Christensen
 

Hi Casey,

In general, yes, it should work best with the latest version.  I think the main problems at the moment are with Outlook on Windows 10.  In any case, do let us know how you go.

Regards

Quentin.

On Sun, Sep 17, 2017 at 12:28 PM, Casey <cwollner@...> wrote:

Hi how well does NVDA work with outlook 2016?

I have the version 17.03 and I am running windows seven.

So is ther anything to whatch out for when using that program?

Or does it work just as it is with NVDA the latest version?

 

 




--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Official NVDA Training modules and expert certification now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess 
Twitter: @NVAccess 


Re: slow NVDA

Sarah k Alawami
 

No issues here. Everything  starts up as expected, and all is as snappy as it can be, even more so.

Take care

On Sep 17, 2017, at 9:49 AM, Holger Fiallo <hfiallo@...> wrote:

       

I am noticing that new NVDA is slow and takes a long time to move around when I start my PC. This was not an issue in the past. Now it is. Using current W10 and NVDA.
Holger Fiallo


Re: Thunderbird portable

 

I would recommend looking through Gene NZ's accessibilitycentral.net section entitled, 
Accessible email client Mozilla Thunderbird
--
Brian  Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1703, Build 15063  (dot level on request - it changes too often to keep in signature)

     The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement.  But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth.

            Niels Bohr

 

 


slow NVDA

Holger Fiallo <hfiallo@...>
 

       

I am noticing that new NVDA is slow and takes a long time to move around when I start my PC. This was not an issue in the past. Now it is. Using current W10 and NVDA.
Holger Fiallo


Thunderbird portable

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

I just downloaded this in the hope it would give me a fall back if anything happened to my Outlook Express. However I am still struggling with its interface.
Is there a simple to follow from the keyboard tutorial? I have put in my email account, a gmail one on imap for now just to test it, but it keeps on popping up messages about external content in the emails and complaining its not able to get some mail that I know is there and the way to simply read emails without getting involved with today yesterday and sorting seems to be very labour intensive. Is there a way to strip it down, so one can simply use it to see the tree of foldeers, open a folder run up and down the list inside and open and reply to messages without fuss and messing about?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.


Re: Another Libra Office thread

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

Well just used it in windows 7. I used the portable version. the best thing about this is that though you kind of install it, it keeps all its paths and registry stuff local and not in the basic system area on your pc, so no issues with uninstalling it, just like the portable nvda.


Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "zahra" <nasrinkhaksar3@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, September 17, 2017 4:19 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Another Libra Office thread


hi brian.
my issue was libreoffice crash or unresponsive as i remember if i am
correct which i tested two years ago.

On 9/17/17, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
<bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
I downloaded the portable version and stuck it into a folder. On writer it
has more troubles with tables than just not announcing their coordinates as

has been ticketed, and not just the lack of Say all below a visible page or

if too many blank lines occur. it also seems to have issues at boundaries of

tables top and bottom needing some jugling to get into and out of them as
below.

IO - speech.speak (12:18:00.986):
Speaking [LangChangeCommand ('en_GB'), u'row 6', u'\xb75\tNo prior
experience of supporting people with sight loss is required ']
IO - inputCore.InputManager.executeGesture (12:18:01.494):
Input: kb(desktop):downArrow
DEBUG - editableText.EditableText._hasCaretMoved (12:18:01.513):
Caret move detected using bookmarks. Elapsed: 0 ms
DEBUGWARNING - NVDAObjects.IAccessible.IAccessible._get_IA2Attributes
(12:18:01.516):
IAccessibleObject.attributes COMError (-2147467259, 'Unspecified error',
(None, None, None, 0, None))
IO - speech.speak (12:18:01.526):
Speaking [LangChangeCommand ('en_GB'), u'as full induction and training will

be provided.']
IO - inputCore.InputManager.executeGesture (12:18:02.311):
Input: kb(desktop):downArrow
DEBUGWARNING - NVDAObjects.IAccessible.IAccessible._get_IAccessibleRole
(12:18:02.361):
accRole failed: (-2147467259, 'Unspecified error', (None, None, None, 0,
None))
DEBUG - editableText.EditableText._hasCaretMoved (12:18:02.361):
Focus event. Elapsed: 0 ms
IO - speech.speak (12:18:02.380):
Speaking [LangChangeCommand ('en_GB'), u'out of table', u'blank']
IO - inputCore.InputManager.executeGesture (12:18:03.719):
Input: kb(desktop):downArrow
DEBUGWARNING - NVDAObjects.IAccessible.IAccessible._get_IAccessibleRole
(12:18:03.765):
accRole failed: (-2147467259, 'Unspecified error', (None, None, None, 0,
None))
DEBUGWARNING - NVDAObjects.IAccessible.IAccessible._get_IAccessibleRole
(12:18:03.780):
accRole failed: (-2147467259, 'Unspecified error', (None, None, None, 0,
None))
DEBUG - editableText.EditableText._hasCaretMoved (12:18:03.877):
Caret didn't move before timeout. Elapsed: 100 ms
ERROR - eventHandler.executeEvent (12:18:03.878):
error executing event: caret on
<NVDAObjects.Dynamic_SymphonyParagraphSymphonyTextEditableTextWithAutoSelectDetectionIAccessible

object at 0x05BE20B0> with extra args of {}
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "eventHandler.pyc", line 143, in executeEvent
File "eventHandler.pyc", line 91, in __init__
File "eventHandler.pyc", line 98, in next
File "compoundDocuments.pyc", line 432, in event_caret
File "treeInterceptorHandler.pyc", line 153, in makeTextInfo
File "compoundDocuments.pyc", line 197, in __init__
File "NVDAObjects\__init__.pyc", line 1018, in makeTextInfo
File "textInfos\offsets.pyc", line 298, in __init__
File "NVDAObjects\IAccessible\__init__.pyc", line 156, in _getCaretOffset
RuntimeError: no active caret in this object
IO - inputCore.InputManager.executeGesture (12:18:04.535):
Input: kb(desktop):downArrow
ERROR - eventHandler.executeEvent (12:18:04.611):
error executing event: caret on
<NVDAObjects.Dynamic_SymphonyParagraphSymphonyTextEditableTextWithAutoSelectDetectionIAccessible

object at 0x03133150> with extra args of {}
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "eventHandler.pyc", line 143, in executeEvent
File "eventHandler.pyc", line 91, in __init__
File "eventHandler.pyc", line 98, in next
File "compoundDocuments.pyc", line 432, in event_caret
File "treeInterceptorHandler.pyc", line 153, in makeTextInfo
File "compoundDocuments.pyc", line 197, in __init__
File "NVDAObjects\__init__.pyc", line 1018, in makeTextInfo
File "textInfos\offsets.pyc", line 298, in __init__
File "NVDAObjects\IAccessible\__init__.pyc", line 156, in _getCaretOffset
RuntimeError: no active caret in this object
IO - inputCore.InputManager.executeGesture (12:18:08.239):
Input: kb(desktop):control+alt+r
DEBUGWARNING - RPC process 2448 (conhost.exe) (12:18:08.299):
Thread 1108, build\x86_64\remote\ia2Support.cpp, installIA2Support, 86:
Error registering class object, code -2147221008

IO - speech.speak (12:18:08.302):
Speaking [LangChangeCommand ('en_GB'), u'Taskbar']
IO - speech.speak (12:18:08.342):
Speaking [LangChangeCommand ('en_GB'), u'reboot nvda with log terminal']
IO - speech.speak (12:18:08.345):
Speaking [LangChangeCommand ('en_GB'), u'80 space', u'blank']
INFO - core.main (12:18:08.454):
Exiting

For those wondering, Symphony was the original name when IBM had the code.
Also on other parts of the program, it seems that the database part is
completely inaccessible giving the impression nothing is on screen after the

basic set up wizard has completed.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.





--
we have not sent you but as a mercy to the entire creation.
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration from prophet Mohammad is:
indeed, imam husayn is the beacon of guidance and the ark of salvation.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
www.al-islam.org


Re: Issues with NVDA on Windows Logon Screen

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

I also might suggest that one makes sure the machine has not got the issue which mine had with a file that would not copy over when use current settings on log on screen. That ended up with me having two different configs and the poor old thing got itself confused. You could of course get in if you disabled the log in screen, but one assumes in the case of the person with the issue this is not an option.
If you find the copy current config to system goes on forever, then do an alt tab and you will see errors hidden behind the dialogue on screen. Eventually I renamed the .dic file causing the issue manually by going into my named user option and navigating to the right folder there.


However, I wonder if you installed nvda with the correct user privs in the first place?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "zahra" <nasrinkhaksar3@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, September 17, 2017 4:17 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Issues with NVDA on Windows Logon Screen


hi.
please check also Automatically start NVDA after I log on to Windows.

Use NVDA on the Windows logon screen (requires administrator privileges)

and also Use currently saved settings on the logon and other secure
screens (requires administrator privileges)

i am not familiar with u.ac, but i think turning on all the items
which i mentioned can help you.
God bless you.

On 9/17/17, Mahesh S. Panicker <maheshspanicker@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi listers,
I have been facing a strange issue with NVDA on the Windows logon
screen. I have an Acer machine running Windows 10. I set NVDA to start
at the logon screen. The user account control promptly appeared and I
clicked yes there. However, when I shut the system down and restarted
it, NVDA didn't launch. However, after I completely turned User
Account Control off, it does start, and starts faster than Jaws would
manage. Is there a way to get it to work on the Windows logon screen
even though UAC is turned on and set to 67 percent?
Regards,

--
Dr. Mahesh S. Panicker
Assistant Professor,
Department of Political Science,
Lady Shri Ram College for Women,
Lajpat Nagar
New Delhi 110024




--
we have not sent you but as a mercy to the entire creation.
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration from prophet Mohammad is:
indeed, imam husayn is the beacon of guidance and the ark of salvation.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
www.al-islam.org


Re: Does Anyone Else Have This Bug in Firefox Using NVDA?

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

Yes but I do not want that, and indeed now run 32 bit on my 64 bit windows 7 machine and its far more stable for me at least. It can be done if you download the offline installer, ie the files that install it rather than the stub they use to decide. I think its clever enough that it won't enforce a 64 bit install if a 32 bit is already there. to me the problem is this. Nvda and a lot of other software is 32 bit often they get too use a core and that is that, in 64 bit apps like the 64 bit
Firefox, it can use many cores and hence slow other things running in those cores as most machines do not multithread but simply time slice the processor.
I suspect this is what the problem often is, Microsofts operating system though able to run both types of software is not so clever that it can protect one thing over another. The main thing about using 64 bit apps is that they can use more memory directly addressed from the system than a 32 bit can of course.
I'm not sure why any browser would need to have access to such huge lumps of memory myself.. grin.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "zahra" <nasrinkhaksar3@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, September 17, 2017 4:11 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Does Anyone Else Have This Bug in Firefox Using NVDA?


hi brian.
according to whats new, firefox 64 bit is installed by default on 64
bit computers.

◦ Firefox for Windows 64-bit is now installed by default on 64-bit
systems with at least 2GB of RAM
◦ Full installers with advanced installation options are still available

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/55.0/releasenotes/

On 9/17/17, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
<bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
No 52 on intell chipped xp machines is as far up you can go. I suspect that

photon is a development of the old version of the engine.
One problem I get on Firefox is the attitude that unless you are careful,
they will install a 64 bit version on 64 bit systems, when all the tests
I've tried tell me that the 32 bit version is just as good and less likely
to crash or hog the processor.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "zahra" <nasrinkhaksar3@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, September 17, 2017 3:21 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Does Anyone Else Have This Bug in Firefox Using NVDA?


i am not sure exactly about photon, but read comments in some of
sighted websites and many users were not satisfied with photon!
many wanted to migrate to another browser!

but it does not work on xp and i realy cant test.

On 9/17/17, Nika Tsiklauri <ntsiklauri2@gmail.com> wrote:
hi! zahra, i have tested it there. it works good. personaly for me it did.

i
have not had experiencing the issues with it.



Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 16, 2017, at 13:47, Gene New Zealand
<hurrikennyandopo@outlook.co.nz> wrote:

hi Tony


Is it doing the following in short? it will not read any thing in your
browsers except edge in windows 10? can you get to any of the menus in
fire fox etc? Down where the running applications area is does nvda say
unknown as you arrow through that section? If you use the context menu
will it speak any of the items in it? I am wondering if is that bug?


have a look on my nvda audio tutorials page and go to the section on
trouble shooting and look for the heading that says unknown or pane for
windows 10.


I can not remember either but there is a patch etc but can not remember
if
it is on that page as well. it might only be for windows 7 or 8
machines?


have a look at this ticket and read the comments down near the bottom.
The
link to this page is
https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/2807#issuecomment-320149243

The steps that fixed a friends computer is on my nvda audio tutorials
page. but check out the comments first for the ticket.


Gene nz





On 16/09/2017 15:20, Tony Ballou wrote:
Hi,


I don't have that one however, I do have something similar. In
firefox,
and a bunch of other apps on my machine, nvda doesn't read the menu
bars,
tab controls, or certain textual areas of windows. Really odd, it
happened after installing the most recent set of updates for windows 10
version 1607. Called the Microsoft disability answer desk and its got
them scratching their heads as well

Tony

On 9/12/2017 11:50 AM, Brandon Keith Biggs wrote:
Hello,

Does anyone else have this problem:

Start the latest stable NVDA, open the latest Firefox, restart NVDA,
try
to arrow through the Firefox page. The arrow keys don’t work, just the
tab key.

Thank you,


Brandon Keith Biggs

Virus-free. www.avast.com
--

Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related
material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net Regardless of where you
are in New Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can use a
copy of the NVDA screen reader on one of their computers. To find out
which locations (or location) is near to you please visit
http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries
(Aotearoa
People's Network Kaharoa). To find an NVDA certified expert near you,
please visit the following link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The
certification page contains the official list of NVDA certified
individuals from around the world, who have sat and successfully passed
the NVDA expert exam.

--
we have not sent you but as a mercy to the entire creation.
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration from prophet Mohammad is:
indeed, imam husayn is the beacon of guidance and the ark of salvation.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
www.al-islam.org







--
we have not sent you but as a mercy to the entire creation.
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration from prophet Mohammad is:
indeed, imam husayn is the beacon of guidance and the ark of salvation.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
www.al-islam.org


Re: NVDA Causes Open Office to stop Responding

 

you can download libreoffice portable from:

www.libreofficeportable.org

On 9/17/17, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
<bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
Does anyone have a link to Libra Office that can be used as a portable
version? It will solvde an issue with clashing word processores in our
group.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "zahra" <nasrinkhaksar3@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, September 17, 2017 3:17 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA Causes Open Office to stop Responding


hi.
libreoffice is fork of openoffice, but now i believe that libreoffice
is very stable in compare to openoffice!it works very better, the
features are more and in some aspects, there catogory is better to
understand.

if you want to download the last stable version of libreoffice for
32bit windows, here you are the link!

now openoffice and libreoffice dont require java and access briedge to
work.

https://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/5.3.6.1/win/x86/LibreOffice_5.3.6.1_Win_x86.msi

On 9/17/17, Howard Traxler <howard@traxlerenterprises.com> wrote:
Hi, I just got here and thanks for letting me in.

Is Open Office and Libra Office the same thing? Some years ago, I tried

to

use open office and had no success. Just now I installed Libra Office on

my

XP machine and it seems to work ok with JAWS. Having problems with ms
office so was thinking of using Libra Office on my win10 machine with
NVDA.

Anyone had experience with that? Thanks.

Howard

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io"
<bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, September 16, 2017 2:45 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA Causes Open Office to stop Responding


I don't think so actually. I know plenty of sighted people using Open
Office and Libra Office with no issues

My feeling on this is that its getting very complicated to hook into
processes that are both part of windows and may also be being used by
applications.Those with long memories will remember display chain
drivers

in XP and earlier, where any piece of software that needed access to
the
screen output had to hook in through a piece of software loaded at boot
time. The snag often was that some software did not do this well and
the
whole thing slowed down or fell over.
If you are screen scraping this video monitoring was often the only way

to

get at content for screenreaders. I can well recall that some upper end
graphics cards used by gamers had non standard drivers and the display
chain programs never worked right on them.
I suspect these days especially with ported programs like Open Office
that

there are similar issues due to the portability of some of the code to
other operating systems.
Just my thoughts.
Brian
bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Shaun Everiss" <sm.everiss@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, September 16, 2017 1:32 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA Causes Open Office to stop Responding


Obviously they are funded by microsoft and want you to buy microsoft
office.




On 15/09/2017 9:03 p.m., zahra wrote:
some antivirus consider openoffice libreoffice as trojen.

i mean aa.v antivirus and i read in the website:

www.libreofficeportable.org

On 9/15/17, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
<bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
Never heard of this happening. Are you sure some dodgy anti virus
has
not
just hidden it for you?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jerry Schoen via Groups.Io"
<jschoen91711=yahoo.com@groups.io>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, September 15, 2017 12:58 AM
Subject: [nvda] NVDA Causes Open Office to stop Responding


After installing NVDA Open Office stopped responding. I have a Dell
Inspiron running Windows 10. Also, I can no longer find NVDA on my
computer. I donated 15.00 two times and downloaded NVDA. Now it
is
gone.

What are the solutions?

Jerry Schoen

Sent from Mail for Windows 10



---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
http://www.avg.com












--
we have not sent you but as a mercy to the entire creation.
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration from prophet Mohammad is:
indeed, imam husayn is the beacon of guidance and the ark of salvation.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
www.al-islam.org






--
we have not sent you but as a mercy to the entire creation.
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration from prophet Mohammad is:
indeed, imam husayn is the beacon of guidance and the ark of salvation.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
www.al-islam.org


Re: Question on a Firefox setting

 

thanks brian very much for your great information and God bless you.

On 9/17/17, Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@gmail.com> wrote:
To be honest why did they even change the engine, the only issues I have
with this current release is that every so often mozilla defocuses and
needs restarting when running any mozilla app, the system will semi
freez to from time to time but its not to bad.

There is also the fact the address bar converts to a list when killing
addresses but thats not an issue bar twitter and I worked round that.




On 17/09/2017 8:58 p.m., Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
The other thing is that it also allows you to set it to update on
various update channels, such as beta or release versions.
The issue with 56 is really one of where it focuses by default. It has
a work around but is just annoying. I'm no6t certain why it was not
back ported, but then programmers can sometimes work in mysterious ways.
There is nothing wrong with 55, and indeed on the older operating
systems now not supported by nvda, you can only have 52 or 48
depending on your processor and they seem to work OK as well.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Roger Stewart" <paganus2@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, September 16, 2017 7:36 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Question on a Firefox setting


I know it's in there somewhere probably under Options which may be in
Tools but the options has many tabs and one of them has a check box
for automatically downloading and installing updates and I have mine
unchecked but I can always do updates manually at any time.  When I
hear of a version that isn't very screen reader friendly, I just wait
a few weeks or maybe a month or so until the next update comes out
and then get that.

Hope this helps you locate it but maybe someone else here can give
you more exact instructions as to how to get to that little check box.

Roger









On 9/16/2017 12:02 PM, Laurie Mehta via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi list,
After reading the list discussion about Firefox v56, I am wondering
how to adjust the setting to avoid automatic updates.

I use NVDA exclusively as my screen reader.
I am using Firefox 55.3, 32bit on a Windows7 machine.

How can I set Firefox to let me know about available updates tut to
let me manually decide whether or not to update?

Thanks!
LM










--
we have not sent you but as a mercy to the entire creation.
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration from prophet Mohammad is:
indeed, imam husayn is the beacon of guidance and the ark of salvation.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
www.al-islam.org


Re: Another Libra Office thread

 

hi brian.
my issue was libreoffice crash or unresponsive as i remember if i am
correct which i tested two years ago.

On 9/17/17, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
<bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
I downloaded the portable version and stuck it into a folder. On writer it
has more troubles with tables than just not announcing their coordinates as

has been ticketed, and not just the lack of Say all below a visible page or

if too many blank lines occur. it also seems to have issues at boundaries of

tables top and bottom needing some jugling to get into and out of them as
below.

IO - speech.speak (12:18:00.986):
Speaking [LangChangeCommand ('en_GB'), u'row 6', u'\xb75\tNo prior
experience of supporting people with sight loss is required ']
IO - inputCore.InputManager.executeGesture (12:18:01.494):
Input: kb(desktop):downArrow
DEBUG - editableText.EditableText._hasCaretMoved (12:18:01.513):
Caret move detected using bookmarks. Elapsed: 0 ms
DEBUGWARNING - NVDAObjects.IAccessible.IAccessible._get_IA2Attributes
(12:18:01.516):
IAccessibleObject.attributes COMError (-2147467259, 'Unspecified error',
(None, None, None, 0, None))
IO - speech.speak (12:18:01.526):
Speaking [LangChangeCommand ('en_GB'), u'as full induction and training will

be provided.']
IO - inputCore.InputManager.executeGesture (12:18:02.311):
Input: kb(desktop):downArrow
DEBUGWARNING - NVDAObjects.IAccessible.IAccessible._get_IAccessibleRole
(12:18:02.361):
accRole failed: (-2147467259, 'Unspecified error', (None, None, None, 0,
None))
DEBUG - editableText.EditableText._hasCaretMoved (12:18:02.361):
Focus event. Elapsed: 0 ms
IO - speech.speak (12:18:02.380):
Speaking [LangChangeCommand ('en_GB'), u'out of table', u'blank']
IO - inputCore.InputManager.executeGesture (12:18:03.719):
Input: kb(desktop):downArrow
DEBUGWARNING - NVDAObjects.IAccessible.IAccessible._get_IAccessibleRole
(12:18:03.765):
accRole failed: (-2147467259, 'Unspecified error', (None, None, None, 0,
None))
DEBUGWARNING - NVDAObjects.IAccessible.IAccessible._get_IAccessibleRole
(12:18:03.780):
accRole failed: (-2147467259, 'Unspecified error', (None, None, None, 0,
None))
DEBUG - editableText.EditableText._hasCaretMoved (12:18:03.877):
Caret didn't move before timeout. Elapsed: 100 ms
ERROR - eventHandler.executeEvent (12:18:03.878):
error executing event: caret on
<NVDAObjects.Dynamic_SymphonyParagraphSymphonyTextEditableTextWithAutoSelectDetectionIAccessible

object at 0x05BE20B0> with extra args of {}
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "eventHandler.pyc", line 143, in executeEvent
File "eventHandler.pyc", line 91, in __init__
File "eventHandler.pyc", line 98, in next
File "compoundDocuments.pyc", line 432, in event_caret
File "treeInterceptorHandler.pyc", line 153, in makeTextInfo
File "compoundDocuments.pyc", line 197, in __init__
File "NVDAObjects\__init__.pyc", line 1018, in makeTextInfo
File "textInfos\offsets.pyc", line 298, in __init__
File "NVDAObjects\IAccessible\__init__.pyc", line 156, in _getCaretOffset
RuntimeError: no active caret in this object
IO - inputCore.InputManager.executeGesture (12:18:04.535):
Input: kb(desktop):downArrow
ERROR - eventHandler.executeEvent (12:18:04.611):
error executing event: caret on
<NVDAObjects.Dynamic_SymphonyParagraphSymphonyTextEditableTextWithAutoSelectDetectionIAccessible

object at 0x03133150> with extra args of {}
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "eventHandler.pyc", line 143, in executeEvent
File "eventHandler.pyc", line 91, in __init__
File "eventHandler.pyc", line 98, in next
File "compoundDocuments.pyc", line 432, in event_caret
File "treeInterceptorHandler.pyc", line 153, in makeTextInfo
File "compoundDocuments.pyc", line 197, in __init__
File "NVDAObjects\__init__.pyc", line 1018, in makeTextInfo
File "textInfos\offsets.pyc", line 298, in __init__
File "NVDAObjects\IAccessible\__init__.pyc", line 156, in _getCaretOffset
RuntimeError: no active caret in this object
IO - inputCore.InputManager.executeGesture (12:18:08.239):
Input: kb(desktop):control+alt+r
DEBUGWARNING - RPC process 2448 (conhost.exe) (12:18:08.299):
Thread 1108, build\x86_64\remote\ia2Support.cpp, installIA2Support, 86:
Error registering class object, code -2147221008

IO - speech.speak (12:18:08.302):
Speaking [LangChangeCommand ('en_GB'), u'Taskbar']
IO - speech.speak (12:18:08.342):
Speaking [LangChangeCommand ('en_GB'), u'reboot nvda with log terminal']
IO - speech.speak (12:18:08.345):
Speaking [LangChangeCommand ('en_GB'), u'80 space', u'blank']
INFO - core.main (12:18:08.454):
Exiting

For those wondering, Symphony was the original name when IBM had the code.
Also on other parts of the program, it seems that the database part is
completely inaccessible giving the impression nothing is on screen after the

basic set up wizard has completed.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.





--
we have not sent you but as a mercy to the entire creation.
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration from prophet Mohammad is:
indeed, imam husayn is the beacon of guidance and the ark of salvation.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
www.al-islam.org


Re: Issues with NVDA on Windows Logon Screen

 

hi.
please check also Automatically start NVDA after I log on to Windows.

Use NVDA on the Windows logon screen (requires administrator privileges)

and also Use currently saved settings on the logon and other secure
screens (requires administrator privileges)

i am not familiar with u.ac, but i think turning on all the items
which i mentioned can help you.
God bless you.

On 9/17/17, Mahesh S. Panicker <maheshspanicker@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi listers,
I have been facing a strange issue with NVDA on the Windows logon
screen. I have an Acer machine running Windows 10. I set NVDA to start
at the logon screen. The user account control promptly appeared and I
clicked yes there. However, when I shut the system down and restarted
it, NVDA didn't launch. However, after I completely turned User
Account Control off, it does start, and starts faster than Jaws would
manage. Is there a way to get it to work on the Windows logon screen
even though UAC is turned on and set to 67 percent?
Regards,

--
Dr. Mahesh S. Panicker
Assistant Professor,
Department of Political Science,
Lady Shri Ram College for Women,
Lajpat Nagar
New Delhi 110024



--
we have not sent you but as a mercy to the entire creation.
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration from prophet Mohammad is:
indeed, imam husayn is the beacon of guidance and the ark of salvation.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
www.al-islam.org


Re: NVDA hot keys equivalent to Window-Eyes

Rui Fontes
 

Hi!

If I am not mistaken:

Read active window Control-shift- w
NVDA + B

Speak summary control-shift-s
I suppose this function is not available in NVDA!


Title/status of current active programme control-shift t
NVDA+T


status line control-insert-s
NVDA+End


highlighted block control-shift-m If you mean the selected text, NVDA+Shift+UpArrow


field data control-shift-d
field name control-shift-n

I suppose both are included in NVDA+Tab.

Rui