Date   

Re: migrating Windows installation

 

It depends if you are wanting programs or programs and settings.

I have all my programs backed up however.

Its probably better that you just reformat and reinstall.

Sometimes programs like flashfxp can have backup settings some games etc I have backups of my profiles and such and then I dropbox all those.

I keep coppies of my bt sync file data, etc, etc, etc.

You can find and backup your mail boxes though if you do that you need to import those back in.

If you have imap ofcause and its all setup it becomes redundant quite fast as as soon as you login every setting and bit of whatever is pulled from your cloud node so its fine.

You can clone your hard drive as long as the following conditions are met.

1.  a full partition clone would you have a drive the same partition as your other drive you could clone it all back that way.

2.  just the data.

The most important directories are your program data and your user/userprofile folder.

So you can copy those over and just do that.

You can install all your programs and copy those over.

Or just clone all your hard drive data.

Assuming though that you do do this and it all works without the following listed issues, there will be a problem.

1.  if you cloan from your instalation, say c to e and then boot from the installation and your e drive at that point is not your c drive then you will have issues.

Even if things start you are going to have stuff install and so on all over the place.

You can ofcause configure everything to install on e and not c but change it back when you finish fixing things.

Then there is the state where your drive is bigger than what you have, and you just get a partition for your data which is the same as your older drive meaning you need to use diskmanager to expand the partition.

Ok so thats fine.

You may have to change some paths etc in registry to get things working and then previding things don't fail you should be good.

As long as you are installing on the same hardware.

However updates and clones don't work all that well.

Your user profile is pritty cool, its robust and will happily work for you unless you either get malware or try to move it.

You may loose sounds and what not.

If that happens you just make another user profile, delete the other one copy your old files over and well you are in business.

your programs like dropbox, google and a few other things will need reinstalling and configuring.

Sadly updates don't always go smoothly.

I had just an issue where after the google drive and photos apps got merged into sync, that after the upgrade things didn't work so well and I had to fiddle about.

It is probably easier to reformat and get it over with.

On 29/09/2017 8:20 p.m., Justin Harris wrote:
I was finally able to find an accessible tool to get that partition made. It's late, and I had to try several before I found one that worked.

My Kingston SSD came with no such special software, but I got a reply back from the fine folks at Station Playlist, as I had asked to get my license keys again just to be on the safe side. In addition to that, they were able to recommend some free software to do exactly what I want. So here goes nothin. lol


El 9/29/2017 a las 1:53 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io escribió:
I'd suggest you maybe contact somebody else who runs a station or similar.

Seems to me that many  ssds seem to come with bespoke software, mine is Samsung, that can take the drudgery out of this task.
It might in fact be best to just give in and get a sighted person to do it.
One word of warning though, the last time I did this with normal hard drives was some time ago, and in the end I had to reinstall all software as there was no easy way to  get all the installed programs and their links onto a completely different physical drive. Also Windows and some other software all started popping up, that they had been cloned and you would need to reactivate them on various web sites etc.

If I had knowsn about all that I'd just have made a clean install to start with, but then I was not running a radio station.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Justin Harris" <justin171185@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, September 29, 2017 1:55 AM
Subject: [nvda] migrating Windows installation


Hi everyone,
I am hoping that someone else has actually done this before, because I am totally stuck. I just got a new solid state drive, and wish to migrate my windows installation and programs to that, while keeping music and such on my old drive. The ssd is only 120 gb, so I believe this is how I will have to go about everything.
So, here goes:
1. The new drive is not accessible through Windows Explorer, but I am able to find it in the disk management in control panel. However, I am unable to make a partition. It shows the unalocated space, as being the whole thing. But when I go in to the applications menu, it won't let me do anything. A lot of the options are dimmed. I've tried doing things with object navigation and everything, and just can't do it. So, first off, what's the best way to be able to partition this drive? All I need is one partition, but no matter how hard I try, I have yet to be able to figure it out.
2. Once the disk has been partitioned, what is the best, and most accessible program to migrate my Windows installation??? I know I could probably do a fresh install, but the idea is to have everything back up and running quickly, as I run an online radio station, and down time is not a good thing at all.
I really hope that someone can give me a hand here. Thanks in advance for the info. :)






.


Re: migrating Windows installation

Justin Harris <justin171185@...>
 

Many thanks. :)


El 9/29/2017 a las 3:10 AM, Randy Barnett escribió:
Sorry to chime in now but you didnt need to do that. If you use a program to migrate your OS from the old disk it will delete the partition you just made and create new ones that match your OS drive.
I use Samsung and their migration software is great so I cant help you with a good alternative... Sorry.
This is what I found with Google:
It looks like Kingston has a migration tool also. It is a well known one at that. Not sure about accessibility...
As for leaving your music out of the transfer you may have to move it off the disk temporarily then move it back after the migration.
On 9/29/2017 12:20 AM, Justin Harris wrote:
I was finally able to find an accessible tool to get that partition made. It's late, and I had to try several before I found one that worked.

My Kingston SSD came with no such special software, but I got a reply back from the fine folks at Station Playlist, as I had asked to get my license keys again just to be on the safe side. In addition to that, they were able to recommend some free software to do exactly what I want. So here goes nothin. lol


El 9/29/2017 a las 1:53 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io escribió:
I'd suggest you maybe contact somebody else who runs a station or similar.

Seems to me that many  ssds seem to come with bespoke software, mine is Samsung, that can take the drudgery out of this task.
It might in fact be best to just give in and get a sighted person to do it.
One word of warning though, the last time I did this with normal hard drives was some time ago, and in the end I had to reinstall all software as there was no easy way to  get all the installed programs and their links onto a completely different physical drive. Also Windows and some other software all started popping up, that they had been cloned and you would need to reactivate them on various web sites etc.

If I had knowsn about all that I'd just have made a clean install to start with, but then I was not running a radio station.

Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Justin Harris" <justin171185@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, September 29, 2017 1:55 AM
Subject: [nvda] migrating Windows installation


Hi everyone,
I am hoping that someone else has actually done this before, because I am totally stuck. I just got a new solid state drive, and wish to migrate my windows installation and programs to that, while keeping music and such on my old drive. The ssd is only 120 gb, so I believe this is how I will have to go about everything.
So, here goes:
1. The new drive is not accessible through Windows Explorer, but I am able to find it in the disk management in control panel. However, I am unable to make a partition. It shows the unalocated space, as being the whole thing. But when I go in to the applications menu, it won't let me do anything. A lot of the options are dimmed. I've tried doing things with object navigation and everything, and just can't do it. So, first off, what's the best way to be able to partition this drive? All I need is one partition, but no matter how hard I try, I have yet to be able to figure it out.
2. Once the disk has been partitioned, what is the best, and most accessible program to migrate my Windows installation??? I know I could probably do a fresh install, but the idea is to have everything back up and running quickly, as I run an online radio station, and down time is not a good thing at all.
I really hope that someone can give me a hand here. Thanks in advance for the info. :)












-- 
Sincereley: Randy Barnett
Owner of Soundtique.
707-502-5575
1897 SE Dr.
Grants Pass, Or. 97526


Re: migrating Windows installation

Randy Barnett <randy@...>
 

If you know anything about useing the command line Diskpart can do anything you want to a disk. It is very powerful so it can do very bad things if you inadvertenly tell it too. :) The hardest part of useing it is remembering the commands. But Google and the /? command help.
On 9/29/2017 1:10 AM, Randy Barnett wrote:
Sorry to chime in now but you didnt need to do that. If you use a program to migrate your OS from the old disk it will delete the partition you just made and create new ones that match your OS drive.
I use Samsung and their migration software is great so I cant help you with a good alternative... Sorry.
This is what I found with Google:
It looks like Kingston has a migration tool also. It is a well known one at that. Not sure about accessibility...
As for leaving your music out of the transfer you may have to move it off the disk temporarily then move it back after the migration.
On 9/29/2017 12:20 AM, Justin Harris wrote:
I was finally able to find an accessible tool to get that partition made. It's late, and I had to try several before I found one that worked.

My Kingston SSD came with no such special software, but I got a reply back from the fine folks at Station Playlist, as I had asked to get my license keys again just to be on the safe side. In addition to that, they were able to recommend some free software to do exactly what I want. So here goes nothin. lol


El 9/29/2017 a las 1:53 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io escribió:
I'd suggest you maybe contact somebody else who runs a station or similar.

Seems to me that many  ssds seem to come with bespoke software, mine is Samsung, that can take the drudgery out of this task.
It might in fact be best to just give in and get a sighted person to do it.
One word of warning though, the last time I did this with normal hard drives was some time ago, and in the end I had to reinstall all software as there was no easy way to  get all the installed programs and their links onto a completely different physical drive. Also Windows and some other software all started popping up, that they had been cloned and you would need to reactivate them on various web sites etc.

If I had knowsn about all that I'd just have made a clean install to start with, but then I was not running a radio station.

Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Justin Harris" <justin171185@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, September 29, 2017 1:55 AM
Subject: [nvda] migrating Windows installation


Hi everyone,
I am hoping that someone else has actually done this before, because I am totally stuck. I just got a new solid state drive, and wish to migrate my windows installation and programs to that, while keeping music and such on my old drive. The ssd is only 120 gb, so I believe this is how I will have to go about everything.
So, here goes:
1. The new drive is not accessible through Windows Explorer, but I am able to find it in the disk management in control panel. However, I am unable to make a partition. It shows the unalocated space, as being the whole thing. But when I go in to the applications menu, it won't let me do anything. A lot of the options are dimmed. I've tried doing things with object navigation and everything, and just can't do it. So, first off, what's the best way to be able to partition this drive? All I need is one partition, but no matter how hard I try, I have yet to be able to figure it out.
2. Once the disk has been partitioned, what is the best, and most accessible program to migrate my Windows installation??? I know I could probably do a fresh install, but the idea is to have everything back up and running quickly, as I run an online radio station, and down time is not a good thing at all.
I really hope that someone can give me a hand here. Thanks in advance for the info. :)












-- 
Sincereley: Randy Barnett
Owner of Soundtique.
707-502-5575
1897 SE Dr.
Grants Pass, Or. 97526


-- 
Sincereley: Randy Barnett
Owner of Soundtique.
707-502-5575
1897 SE Dr.
Grants Pass, Or. 97526


Re: migrating Windows installation

Randy Barnett <randy@...>
 

Sorry to chime in now but you didnt need to do that. If you use a program to migrate your OS from the old disk it will delete the partition you just made and create new ones that match your OS drive.
I use Samsung and their migration software is great so I cant help you with a good alternative... Sorry.
This is what I found with Google:
It looks like Kingston has a migration tool also. It is a well known one at that. Not sure about accessibility...
As for leaving your music out of the transfer you may have to move it off the disk temporarily then move it back after the migration.
On 9/29/2017 12:20 AM, Justin Harris wrote:
I was finally able to find an accessible tool to get that partition made. It's late, and I had to try several before I found one that worked.

My Kingston SSD came with no such special software, but I got a reply back from the fine folks at Station Playlist, as I had asked to get my license keys again just to be on the safe side. In addition to that, they were able to recommend some free software to do exactly what I want. So here goes nothin. lol


El 9/29/2017 a las 1:53 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io escribió:
I'd suggest you maybe contact somebody else who runs a station or similar.

Seems to me that many  ssds seem to come with bespoke software, mine is Samsung, that can take the drudgery out of this task.
It might in fact be best to just give in and get a sighted person to do it.
One word of warning though, the last time I did this with normal hard drives was some time ago, and in the end I had to reinstall all software as there was no easy way to  get all the installed programs and their links onto a completely different physical drive. Also Windows and some other software all started popping up, that they had been cloned and you would need to reactivate them on various web sites etc.

If I had knowsn about all that I'd just have made a clean install to start with, but then I was not running a radio station.

Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Justin Harris" <justin171185@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, September 29, 2017 1:55 AM
Subject: [nvda] migrating Windows installation


Hi everyone,
I am hoping that someone else has actually done this before, because I am totally stuck. I just got a new solid state drive, and wish to migrate my windows installation and programs to that, while keeping music and such on my old drive. The ssd is only 120 gb, so I believe this is how I will have to go about everything.
So, here goes:
1. The new drive is not accessible through Windows Explorer, but I am able to find it in the disk management in control panel. However, I am unable to make a partition. It shows the unalocated space, as being the whole thing. But when I go in to the applications menu, it won't let me do anything. A lot of the options are dimmed. I've tried doing things with object navigation and everything, and just can't do it. So, first off, what's the best way to be able to partition this drive? All I need is one partition, but no matter how hard I try, I have yet to be able to figure it out.
2. Once the disk has been partitioned, what is the best, and most accessible program to migrate my Windows installation??? I know I could probably do a fresh install, but the idea is to have everything back up and running quickly, as I run an online radio station, and down time is not a good thing at all.
I really hope that someone can give me a hand here. Thanks in advance for the info. :)












-- 
Sincereley: Randy Barnett
Owner of Soundtique.
707-502-5575
1897 SE Dr.
Grants Pass, Or. 97526


Looking for a good Braille display

Justin Harris <justin171185@...>
 

Hey everyone,
I am looking for a Braille display that works well with NVDA, but also can either be paired to an android device, or can be used as a stand alone device to read documents stored on it.
What are you all using? I don't want to break the bank, but I also know that these devices aren't exactly cheap either. Any info would be much appreciated.


Re: migrating Windows installation

Justin Harris <justin171185@...>
 

I was finally able to find an accessible tool to get that partition made. It's late, and I had to try several before I found one that worked.

My Kingston SSD came with no such special software, but I got a reply back from the fine folks at Station Playlist, as I had asked to get my license keys again just to be on the safe side. In addition to that, they were able to recommend some free software to do exactly what I want. So here goes nothin. lol

El 9/29/2017 a las 1:53 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io escribió:
I'd suggest you maybe contact somebody else who runs a station or similar.

Seems to me that many  ssds seem to come with bespoke software, mine is Samsung, that can take the drudgery out of this task.
It might in fact be best to just give in and get a sighted person to do it.
One word of warning though, the last time I did this with normal hard drives was some time ago, and in the end I had to reinstall all software as there was no easy way to  get all the installed programs and their links onto a completely different physical drive. Also Windows and some other software all started popping up, that they had been cloned and you would need to reactivate them on various web sites etc.

If I had knowsn about all that I'd just have made a clean install to start with, but then I was not running a radio station.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Justin Harris" <justin171185@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, September 29, 2017 1:55 AM
Subject: [nvda] migrating Windows installation


Hi everyone,
I am hoping that someone else has actually done this before, because I am totally stuck. I just got a new solid state drive, and wish to migrate my windows installation and programs to that, while keeping music and such on my old drive. The ssd is only 120 gb, so I believe this is how I will have to go about everything.
So, here goes:
1. The new drive is not accessible through Windows Explorer, but I am able to find it in the disk management in control panel. However, I am unable to make a partition. It shows the unalocated space, as being the whole thing. But when I go in to the applications menu, it won't let me do anything. A lot of the options are dimmed. I've tried doing things with object navigation and everything, and just can't do it. So, first off, what's the best way to be able to partition this drive? All I need is one partition, but no matter how hard I try, I have yet to be able to figure it out.
2. Once the disk has been partitioned, what is the best, and most accessible program to migrate my Windows installation??? I know I could probably do a fresh install, but the idea is to have everything back up and running quickly, as I run an online radio station, and down time is not a good thing at all.
I really hope that someone can give me a hand here. Thanks in advance for the info. :)




Re: migrating Windows installation

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

I'd suggest you maybe contact somebody else who runs a station or similar.

Seems to me that many ssds seem to come with bespoke software, mine is Samsung, that can take the drudgery out of this task.
It might in fact be best to just give in and get a sighted person to do it.
One word of warning though, the last time I did this with normal hard drives was some time ago, and in the end I had to reinstall all software as there was no easy way to get all the installed programs and their links onto a completely different physical drive. Also Windows and some other software all started popping up, that they had been cloned and you would need to reactivate them on various web sites etc.

If I had knowsn about all that I'd just have made a clean install to start with, but then I was not running a radio station.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Justin Harris" <justin171185@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, September 29, 2017 1:55 AM
Subject: [nvda] migrating Windows installation


Hi everyone,
I am hoping that someone else has actually done this before, because I am totally stuck. I just got a new solid state drive, and wish to migrate my windows installation and programs to that, while keeping music and such on my old drive. The ssd is only 120 gb, so I believe this is how I will have to go about everything.
So, here goes:
1. The new drive is not accessible through Windows Explorer, but I am able to find it in the disk management in control panel. However, I am unable to make a partition. It shows the unalocated space, as being the whole thing. But when I go in to the applications menu, it won't let me do anything. A lot of the options are dimmed. I've tried doing things with object navigation and everything, and just can't do it. So, first off, what's the best way to be able to partition this drive? All I need is one partition, but no matter how hard I try, I have yet to be able to figure it out.
2. Once the disk has been partitioned, what is the best, and most accessible program to migrate my Windows installation??? I know I could probably do a fresh install, but the idea is to have everything back up and running quickly, as I run an online radio station, and down time is not a good thing at all.
I really hope that someone can give me a hand here. Thanks in advance for the info. :)


Re: The Dev list and blacklisting of mail servers

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

Its lists that you can subscribe too as an email provider really, whether you use a black list for the email lists run on your system is surely up to that system, but Sourceforge obviously do. I note that two messages on that list have appeared, in one case over a day after I sent it.
I'm sure if I looked at the headers I'd see a delay somewhere. I'm still waiting for the crucial email I sent to appear which is probably not going to occur now and as there are now two test emails there, I do not want to get moaned at by the list owner, though I'm sure they realise the frustration of this effect is really bad for business so to speak!
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gene" <gsasner@ripco.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, September 29, 2017 5:07 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] The Dev list and blacklisting of mail servers


It isn’t the list server that uses black listing. Some providers don’t alllow certain domains because they are sending a lot of spam.

Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: Antony Stone
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2017 5:10 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] The Dev list and blacklisting of mail servers

If that genuinely is the problem, then the list administrators / owners should
be asked to consider moving the list to a service which does not use
blacklisting.


Antony.

On Thursday 28 September 2017 at 12:03:21, John J. Boyer wrote:

I hate server blacklists. it's a crude way to fight spam. My servers have
been lacklisted at least twice. I think that is worse than spam!s

John

On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 08:36:05AM +0100, Brian's Mail list account via
Groups.Io wrote:
Just in case anyone has seen bounces from that list as I have my
investigations seem to suggest that they aare using a blacklisting
service called sorbs, and several ISPs mail servers are now on it, which
either results in a no post or a bounce.
I suppose its up to those isps to get rid of the spammer in their
systems and apply for removal from the list.
I thought I'd mention it here as its quite a new addition to the reasons
for emails to lists to not appear. At present, IO seems to not be
affected, but sourceforge is getting more and more picky on its message
acceptances. Brian
--
Someone has stolen all the toilets from New Scotland Yard. Police say they
have absolutely nothing to go on.

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.


Re: NVDA features

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>
 

Hi


NvDA is a screen reader and does not support magnification. how ever a add on can be installed so it works with a windows 7 machine with windows magnifier. I am not sure if it still works on 8 or 10 as i do not use magnification.


the windows magnifier will only do up to 4 times and can be around the mouse or full screen etc. I do know people who use nvda with the magnifier this way as they have some sight.


For the mouse it is no but you can pick other size cursors in Windows and or colors or sizes.


NVDA will speak what is under the mouse as well when it is moved around or if you use the keyboard.


If you install nvda to the computer after it has been installed and running to turn off nvda it is the nvda key + the letter Q

to get into the preferences of nvda it is the nvda key + the letter N then use the arrow keys after that.

If nvda is not running it is the alt + ctrl keys + the letter n.


it can be speed up or slowed down and you can use other synth packages as well..



gene nz



On 9/29/2017 11:10 AM, ingez@... wrote:

I am looking into using the software but have couple of questions :

 

          - Does it support full screen magnification ?

 

 

         - Can I change size of the mouse pointer ?

 

          - Do I have to use Aero theme (under Win 7) or can I continue using Basic ?  If I can use Basic theme will I lose all customizations (fonts, colors, etc) ?

--
Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net Regardless of where you are in New Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can use a copy of the NVDA screen reader on one of their computers. To find out which locations (or location) is near to you please visit http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries (Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa). To find an NVDA certified expert near you, please visit the following link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The certification page contains the official list of NVDA certified individuals from around the world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert exam.


Re: NVDA features

Sky Mundell
 

Hello.  NVDA doesn’t have full magnification in it but it would be nice if NVAccess could have a magnification product.  You don’t have to change the theme from arrow to basic.  It just works, no matter what theme you have.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of ingez@...
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2017 3:11 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA features

 

I am looking into using the software but have couple of questions :

 

          - Does it support full screen magnification ?

 

 

         - Can I change size of the mouse pointer ?

 

          - Do I have to use Aero theme (under Win 7) or can I continue using Basic ?  If I can use Basic theme will I lose all customizations (fonts, colors, etc) ?


NVDA features

ingez@...
 

I am looking into using the software but have couple of questions :

 

          - Does it support full screen magnification ?

 

 

         - Can I change size of the mouse pointer ?

 

          - Do I have to use Aero theme (under Win 7) or can I continue using Basic ?  If I can use Basic theme will I lose all customizations (fonts, colors, etc) ?


Re: The Dev list and blacklisting of mail servers

Gene
 

It isn’t the list server that uses black listing.  Some providers don’t alllow certain domains because they are sending a lot of spam. 
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2017 5:10 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] The Dev list and blacklisting of mail servers
 
If that genuinely is the problem, then the list administrators / owners should
be asked to consider moving the list to a service which does not use
blacklisting.


Antony.

On Thursday 28 September 2017 at 12:03:21, John J. Boyer wrote:

> I hate server blacklists. it's a crude way to fight spam. My servers have
> been lacklisted at least twice. I think that is worse than spam!s
>
> John
>
> On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 08:36:05AM +0100, Brian's Mail list account via
Groups.Io wrote:
> > Just in case anyone has seen bounces from that list as I have my
> > investigations seem to suggest that they aare using a blacklisting
> > service called sorbs, and several ISPs mail servers are now on it, which
> > either results in a no post or a bounce.
> > I suppose its up to those isps to get rid of the  spammer in their
> > systems and apply for removal from the list.
> > I thought I'd mention it here as its quite a new addition to the reasons
> > for emails to lists to not appear. At present, IO seems to not be
> > affected, but sourceforge is getting more and more picky on its message
> > acceptances. Brian

--
Someone has stolen all the toilets from New Scotland Yard.  Police say they
have absolutely nothing to go on.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.



migrating Windows installation

Justin Harris <justin171185@...>
 

Hi everyone,
I am hoping that someone else has actually done this before, because I am totally stuck. I just got a new solid state drive, and wish to migrate my windows installation and programs to that, while keeping music and such on my old drive. The ssd is only 120 gb, so I believe this is how I will have to go about everything.
So, here goes:
1. The new drive is not accessible through Windows Explorer, but I am able to find it in the disk management in control panel. However, I am unable to make a partition. It shows the unalocated space, as being the whole thing. But when I go in to the applications menu, it won't let me do anything. A lot of the options are dimmed. I've tried doing things with object navigation and everything, and just can't do it. So, first off, what's the best way to be able to partition this drive? All I need is one partition, but no matter how hard I try, I have yet to be able to figure it out.
2. Once the disk has been partitioned, what is the best, and most accessible program to migrate my Windows installation??? I know I could probably do a fresh install, but the idea is to have everything back up and running quickly, as I run an online radio station, and down time is not a good thing at all.
I really hope that someone can give me a hand here. Thanks in advance for the info. :)


Re: Where are the recordings?

 


Re: Where are the recordings?

 

All of you are good, this is the last week of the activities of the recording, the following is the download address: because there is no reason to deal with, so the volume will be relatively large, so a lot of inclusive. Http://123.206.102.220/NVDA%20plugin%20community% 20activities.7z


Re: Where are the recordings?

David Moore
 

Hi!

I could not listen to much of the NVDA add on festival either.

If anyone has recordings of it, I would love them so much.

I am really using and experimenting with many add ons, and I would love to hear what was said at this festival.

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2017 2:37 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Where are the recordings?

 

I understood from the emails I read that it was not recorded officially.

Somebody might have done it for themselves of course.

Brian

 

bglists@...

Sent via blueyonder.

Please address personal email to:-

briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----

From: "Roger Stewart" <paganus2@...>

To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>

Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2017 7:58 PM

Subject: [nvda] Where are the recordings?

 

 

> Can someone please post a link to get the recordings from last weekend's

> Add Ons Festival?  I was only able to hear a bit of it and I'd like to

> have the other sessions.

> Thanks much!

> Roger

>

>

 

 

 

 


Re: Admin: Re: [nvda] How much does the eloquence and vocalized voice pack cost

 

Well I really do wander if they find it easier to bottem post.

Its not blind vs sighted as such its probably the way they like their screens.

For example I have family which really like their threaded messages threaded.

They like to see the old messages first so they know what they have sent and they can't remember what they typed previously.

For us, I guess that would work, except we can't scroll to the start of the new content as such like this because our software just won't do it in a easy way.

For the sighted its a quick mouse wheel flip my family do it all the time, they do it without thinking just like breathing.

For us, we rely on our keyboards and screen readers, and to be honest I never look at what is below if I don't need to which could be a disadvantage.

We also have to get used to the > >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> signs the lower and lower down we get down the message tree.

So for us top posting is the most accessible.

However we probably do lose some info over what was before.

I can't say I have responded to a message without reading below first.

I never do so I loose things.

For me I respond to something if I know what it is or if its 1-2 days old maybe but I could be out of thread by the time I respond to a huge email list.

A lot of techs I know thread and folder cluster their mail.

A few friends don't do this, for myself coming from dos, I read and delete all my mail.

If its important I save it in a text file with the message in it and whatever.

If the email database corrupts or the system crashes or something I reformat and move on.

My data is mostly backed up, it includes text of important files and the like.

I realise I will get bit in the ass one day but I barely have to deal with important stuf and now with dropbox it means I can continue as I am till the world ends.

On the other hand, rarely have I needed the net during a system outage that is critical.

Or at a  critical point.

But I guess I am lucky.

Being a freelance tester means I just don't get the work I usually get and that means I have time to waste if I so choose which wouldn't be if I had to bother with critical data all the time.

On 29/09/2017 5:13 a.m., Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
I know I have been shoved off the talking newspaper list for this crime. They are all doo gooders and ex mayors an aldermen trying for obes I think. grin.
Their loss.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Travis Siegel" <tsiegel@softcon.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2017 4:38 PM
Subject: Re: Admin: Re: [nvda] How much does the eloquence and vocalized voice pack cost


Nah, I think it's more related to vi vs. sighted. On all vi lists, top posting is the thing, on most sighted lists, bottom posting is it. I've seen folks yelled at multiple times for not bottom posting on several sighted lists. But on at least one list I'm on, (thankfully, one I don't post on very often), folks get all bent out of shape if you top post. It's bottom post, or not at all in their opinion. A complete waste of time in my opinion, but nobody asked me.

<shrug>



On 9/28/2017 3:32 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
I think the problem is, in them older days most lists and Usenet groups wanted you to bottom post, but that was when people sat down and edited the quilted threads. There was an RFC about it, but nowadays, things have gone the other way since most people are low on time.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene" <gsasner@ripco.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2017 6:38 PM
Subject: Re: Admin: Re: [nvda] How much does the eloquence and vocalized voice pack cost


Please don’t bottom post. Post at the top of the messages. If you bottom post, people won’t see your reply. They won’t wade through five or more messages to finally find yours and many people think you mistakenly sent a blank message.

If you need help in how to top post, ask here.

Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: Amber Gilmore
Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2017 11:47 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: Admin: Re: [nvda] How much does the eloquence and vocalized voice pack cost



Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 27, 2017, at 11:19 AM, Steve Nutt <steve@comproom.co.uk> wrote:

Hi Amber,

Here you go:-

http://www.comproom.co.uk/product/eloquence-and-vocalizer-expressive-add-on-for-nvda/

By the way, for every copy sold, 10 Euros which is about 8 UK pounds, or about 15 US dollars, gets donated to NVAccess. Which is why I'm proud to sell it.

All the best

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Amber Gilmore
Sent: 27 September 2017 14:50
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: Admin: Re: [nvda] How much does the eloquence and vocalized voice pack cost

This is to Steve how much are you asking for your nvda and elouenqecincd elinquence i am in oklahoma he please get back to me, amber

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 25, 2017, at 4:33 AM, Steve Nutt <steve@comproom.co.uk> wrote:

Hi Jim,

Yes there is a legal add on from Code Factory that comes with both Eloquence and Vocalizer. Disclaimer: We do sell it. Please feel free to contact me privately if interested.

We also have SAPI 5 voices for both, again, both perfectly legal.

Thanks.

All the best

Steve
-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
The Gamages
Sent: 20 September 2017 08:58
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: Admin: Re: [nvda] How much does the eloquence and
vocalized voice pack cost

Hello,

Forgive me if I have misunderstood, but surely there cannot be a genuine NVDA add on for the voices which I wil not mention as they are a banned topic? Code factory Vocaliser may be legal, but not the other, I had to pay for my Vocaliser voices and they cost me about "£70 years ago, these are now available as a stand alone item and not tied to NVDA.
For those who just cannot afford extra voices, the Microsoft ones are quite good and are, of course, free with the Microsoft system.

As to the illegal subject, why anyone would want these outdated voices beats me.
Take care.



Best Regards, Jim.
-----Original Message-----
From: Joseph Lee
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 8:24 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: Admin: Re: [nvda] How much does the eloquence and
vocalized voice pack cost

Hi,
As the owner of the NVDA add-ons list, I'm considering enacting
address ban if I hear reports of the moderated person jumping over to
the add-ons list to vent frustrations.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Laz
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 11:58 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: Admin: Re: [nvda] How much does the eloquence and
vocalized voice pack cost

As I stated in an email a few weeks ago when this person started
posting on the list, he will continue posting nonsensical messages,
off topic messages, and violate list rules until he is removed. He
apparently doesn't pay much attentionn to messages in reply to his
questions and will continue repeating things over and over until
stopped. Moderation is the least of possible solutions to this situation.

Good luck Nimer and Gene!

Laz

On 9/19/17, mr. Chikodinaka Nickarandidum Oguledo
<ochikodinaka@gmail.com> wrote:
when is the next update for NVDA

On 9/19/17, Nimer Jaber <nimerjaber1@gmail.com> wrote:
I will just reiterate that Gene has my full and unqualified support
in this matter and I will be keeping an eye for any future messages
from this individual.

Thanks.

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 1:17 PM Gene <gsasner@ripco.com> wrote:

From the moderator:

I don't know why he is doing it and we have no basis to assume
anything.
I doubt it is intentional rudeness. I would say that people should
simply not comment on any post by Mr. Chikodinaka Nickarandidum
Oguledo unless he asks a new and useful question. Repetitive
questions, the same question four times in a month or even twice in
a month or six months, should simply be ignored.

It is not useful to have a debate on list about Chikodinaka
Nickarandidum Oguledo or his posts. If such unproductive debates
continue, I shall lock all threads where such debates begin.

If Mr. Chikodinaka Nickarandidum Oguledo is too outrageous, I shall
moderate him. Moderation means that I shall see every post from
him and have to approve each post before it reaches the list. If I
do that, I shall simply not approve repetitive questions nor
questions that in any way, promote sites where illegal activity occurs. .

I'm explaining all this because Mr. Chikodinaka Nickarandidum
Oguledo sent a post yesterday in which he seemed to indicate that
he didn't know what being moderated means and because there may be
other list members who don't know.

I am not the list owner and if he wishes to deal with this matter
differently, that is what he will do as list owner. I've stated
what I will do unless the owner wishes something different to be
done.

Also, on further consideration, I've changed my mind about how long
moderation will last. It will last at least two months and whether
it is lifted will depend on the kinds of posts Mr. Chikodinaka
Nickarandidum Oguledo sends for approval.


Gene

--
Cordially,

Nimer Jaber

My mission is to bring love and peace to everyone around me with all
tools available to me.
My core values are integrity, innovation, loyalty, excellence, and
100% personal responsibility.

The message above is intended for the recipient to whom it was
addressed. If you believe that you are not the intended recipient,
please notify me via reply email and destroy all copies of this
correspondence. Action taken as a result of this email or its
contents by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) may result
in civil or criminal charges. I have checked this email and all
corresponding attachments for security threats. However, security of
your machine is up to you. Thanks.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

To find out about a free and versatile screen reader for windows XP
and above, please click here:
http://www.nvda-project.org

You can follow @nimerjaber on Twitter for the latest technology news.

To contact me, you can reply to this email or you may call me at
(218-606-0475) and I will do my best to respond to you promptly.
Thank you, and have a great day!

--
for if you persavear. you will conker never fear. try try try again





















It gives diffferent prides can you tell me whitch on is my prise, amber and i did a trial on another site with the same voices frommmm code factory will the link you sent me let me do it again cause when i started the trial befor my computer crashed and it was down so i missed it. Thanks, amber











Re: NVDA and Thunderbird

 

Who knows, I tend to send http links and https links as http or www.

The mozilla stuff check for valid certs.

But if its expired or if its not got one ie its just an http link even with the https everywherething which is technically supposed to handle that transaction for us, sadly it choaks if the cert or something is out of whack.

Its easier but probably less secure ignoring certs all together or simply never using https yourself.

If you don't chances are it will find it if it is and if it isn't it will not complain.

It seems in all mozilla stuff if you use https from a user point of view it screws you over.

If you don't and if there is the system is fine if it it does that itself.

Saying that on some hardware manufacturers like router and my printer they say that when entering https mode on the hardware that you will get a message that the site is unsafe probably because it doesn't have a cert as such and to say its safe to bypass.

On 29/09/2017 4:43 a.m., Don H wrote:
I know this is not a NVDA issue but I know there are a lot of helpful people on this list.

I am running the latest version of Thunderbird for my Email client.

If I create a Email and in the Email I include a HTTPS link in the Email and send it it doesn't go to the person I am sending it to. If the link in the Email is a simple www link it works fine.

In both cases it appears that the Email is sent and it does not bounce back but is not received at the other end.

Is there a issue of sending a secured link https?

Thanks




.


Re: NVDA and Thunderbird

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

Never heard of that one before, unless its some obscure feature at the other end that stops clickers clicking links, but then I'd have thought the problem would have been with unsecured links as well.

What happens if you attach a file with the link in the file?

I would also say try sending in plain text but most of us do that anyway.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Don H" <lmddh50@adams.net>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2017 4:43 PM
Subject: [nvda] NVDA and Thunderbird


I know this is not a NVDA issue but I know there are a lot of helpful people on this list.

I am running the latest version of Thunderbird for my Email client.

If I create a Email and in the Email I include a HTTPS link in the Email and send it it doesn't go to the person I am sending it to. If the link in the Email is a simple www link it works fine.

In both cases it appears that the Email is sent and it does not bounce back but is not received at the other end.

Is there a issue of sending a secured link https?

Thanks




Re: Admin: Re: [nvda] How much does the eloquence and vocalized voice pack cost

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

I know I have been shoved off the talking newspaper list for this crime. They are all doo gooders and ex mayors an aldermen trying for obes I think. grin.
Their loss.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Travis Siegel" <tsiegel@softcon.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2017 4:38 PM
Subject: Re: Admin: Re: [nvda] How much does the eloquence and vocalized voice pack cost


Nah, I think it's more related to vi vs. sighted. On all vi lists, top posting is the thing, on most sighted lists, bottom posting is it. I've seen folks yelled at multiple times for not bottom posting on several sighted lists. But on at least one list I'm on, (thankfully, one I don't post on very often), folks get all bent out of shape if you top post. It's bottom post, or not at all in their opinion. A complete waste of time in my opinion, but nobody asked me.

<shrug>



On 9/28/2017 3:32 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
I think the problem is, in them older days most lists and Usenet groups wanted you to bottom post, but that was when people sat down and edited the quilted threads. There was an RFC about it, but nowadays, things have gone the other way since most people are low on time.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene" <gsasner@ripco.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2017 6:38 PM
Subject: Re: Admin: Re: [nvda] How much does the eloquence and vocalized voice pack cost


Please don’t bottom post. Post at the top of the messages. If you bottom post, people won’t see your reply. They won’t wade through five or more messages to finally find yours and many people think you mistakenly sent a blank message.

If you need help in how to top post, ask here.

Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: Amber Gilmore
Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2017 11:47 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: Admin: Re: [nvda] How much does the eloquence and vocalized voice pack cost



Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 27, 2017, at 11:19 AM, Steve Nutt <steve@comproom.co.uk> wrote:

Hi Amber,

Here you go:-

http://www.comproom.co.uk/product/eloquence-and-vocalizer-expressive-add-on-for-nvda/

By the way, for every copy sold, 10 Euros which is about 8 UK pounds, or about 15 US dollars, gets donated to NVAccess. Which is why I'm proud to sell it.

All the best

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Amber Gilmore
Sent: 27 September 2017 14:50
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: Admin: Re: [nvda] How much does the eloquence and vocalized voice pack cost

This is to Steve how much are you asking for your nvda and elouenqecincd elinquence i am in oklahoma he please get back to me, amber

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 25, 2017, at 4:33 AM, Steve Nutt <steve@comproom.co.uk> wrote:

Hi Jim,

Yes there is a legal add on from Code Factory that comes with both Eloquence and Vocalizer. Disclaimer: We do sell it. Please feel free to contact me privately if interested.

We also have SAPI 5 voices for both, again, both perfectly legal.

Thanks.

All the best

Steve
-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
The Gamages
Sent: 20 September 2017 08:58
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: Admin: Re: [nvda] How much does the eloquence and
vocalized voice pack cost

Hello,

Forgive me if I have misunderstood, but surely there cannot be a genuine NVDA add on for the voices which I wil not mention as they are a banned topic? Code factory Vocaliser may be legal, but not the other, I had to pay for my Vocaliser voices and they cost me about "£70 years ago, these are now available as a stand alone item and not tied to NVDA.
For those who just cannot afford extra voices, the Microsoft ones are quite good and are, of course, free with the Microsoft system.

As to the illegal subject, why anyone would want these outdated voices beats me.
Take care.



Best Regards, Jim.
-----Original Message-----
From: Joseph Lee
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 8:24 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: Admin: Re: [nvda] How much does the eloquence and
vocalized voice pack cost

Hi,
As the owner of the NVDA add-ons list, I'm considering enacting
address ban if I hear reports of the moderated person jumping over to
the add-ons list to vent frustrations.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Laz
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 11:58 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: Admin: Re: [nvda] How much does the eloquence and
vocalized voice pack cost

As I stated in an email a few weeks ago when this person started
posting on the list, he will continue posting nonsensical messages,
off topic messages, and violate list rules until he is removed. He
apparently doesn't pay much attentionn to messages in reply to his
questions and will continue repeating things over and over until
stopped. Moderation is the least of possible solutions to this situation.

Good luck Nimer and Gene!

Laz

On 9/19/17, mr. Chikodinaka Nickarandidum Oguledo
<ochikodinaka@gmail.com> wrote:
when is the next update for NVDA

On 9/19/17, Nimer Jaber <nimerjaber1@gmail.com> wrote:
I will just reiterate that Gene has my full and unqualified support
in this matter and I will be keeping an eye for any future messages
from this individual.

Thanks.

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 1:17 PM Gene <gsasner@ripco.com> wrote:

From the moderator:

I don't know why he is doing it and we have no basis to assume
anything.
I doubt it is intentional rudeness. I would say that people should
simply not comment on any post by Mr. Chikodinaka Nickarandidum
Oguledo unless he asks a new and useful question. Repetitive
questions, the same question four times in a month or even twice in
a month or six months, should simply be ignored.

It is not useful to have a debate on list about Chikodinaka
Nickarandidum Oguledo or his posts. If such unproductive debates
continue, I shall lock all threads where such debates begin.

If Mr. Chikodinaka Nickarandidum Oguledo is too outrageous, I shall
moderate him. Moderation means that I shall see every post from
him and have to approve each post before it reaches the list. If I
do that, I shall simply not approve repetitive questions nor
questions that in any way, promote sites where illegal activity occurs. .

I'm explaining all this because Mr. Chikodinaka Nickarandidum
Oguledo sent a post yesterday in which he seemed to indicate that
he didn't know what being moderated means and because there may be
other list members who don't know.

I am not the list owner and if he wishes to deal with this matter
differently, that is what he will do as list owner. I've stated
what I will do unless the owner wishes something different to be
done.

Also, on further consideration, I've changed my mind about how long
moderation will last. It will last at least two months and whether
it is lifted will depend on the kinds of posts Mr. Chikodinaka
Nickarandidum Oguledo sends for approval.


Gene

--
Cordially,

Nimer Jaber

My mission is to bring love and peace to everyone around me with all
tools available to me.
My core values are integrity, innovation, loyalty, excellence, and
100% personal responsibility.

The message above is intended for the recipient to whom it was
addressed. If you believe that you are not the intended recipient,
please notify me via reply email and destroy all copies of this
correspondence. Action taken as a result of this email or its
contents by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) may result
in civil or criminal charges. I have checked this email and all
corresponding attachments for security threats. However, security of
your machine is up to you. Thanks.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

To find out about a free and versatile screen reader for windows XP
and above, please click here:
http://www.nvda-project.org

You can follow @nimerjaber on Twitter for the latest technology news.

To contact me, you can reply to this email or you may call me at
(218-606-0475) and I will do my best to respond to you promptly.
Thank you, and have a great day!

--
for if you persavear. you will conker never fear. try try try again





















It gives diffferent prides can you tell me whitch on is my prise, amber and i did a trial on another site with the same voices frommmm code factory will the link you sent me let me do it again cause when i started the trial befor my computer crashed and it was down so i missed it. Thanks, amber