Date   
locked Re: nvda skype group and skype groups in general

Michael Chopra <justforlists689@...>
 

Thanks Shawn.
From Michael.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shaun Everiss
Sent: Thursday, 14 July 2016 21:29
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] nvda skype group and skype groups in general

Thanks michael.
You have made your position clear to me and I respect it.
I will not be coming back though as I don't exactly agree with it but look we have both said our piece and so be it.



On 14/07/2016 12:55 p.m., michael chopra wrote:
Good afternoon everyone. As an admin of said group, I am sorry to say that we, Shawn, did give the said user a chance. Because he didn't give us good reason to keep him in both groups, we removed him. Sorry for your inconvenience. The way things are, we decided to make it so that only we who are in these groups can add anyone,.
Thank you for reading and understanding.
From Michael.
-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shaun Everiss
Sent: Wednesday, 13 July 2016 15:52
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] nvda skype group and skype groups in general

Hi all users.
I am having some serious concerns about groups on skype.
I know we are not able to control what goes on outside this forum, however, while I like unmoderated groups from time to time on loose topics etc, I do see times when a moderator was needed.
Yesterday some users had issue with another user.
How he came accross and said user saying sapi4 didn't work on windows 10 which it does, saying that I was unsure never have used it in 10 myself.
I do know old sapi5 ms voices can cause dammage, etc.
Said user was removed without a chance to defend his actions.
Then both groups had their join features disabled.
It also appears with skype groups in general that everyone can add remove, disable, hide unhide everything and everyone and the only protection is to ask not to.
Clearly skype groups are not secure.
Once someone has a dissaggreement it can turn ugly quite fast.
I have seen random strings, and other junk posted on some of these and offtopic chatter which I was happy to take part in.
I am no longer associated with both groups involved though.
A few days ago there was a descussion on what group or list was a good mediam for nvda.
A forum and a email list came up.
From what I saw yesterday, an email list and forum can be moderated and not everyone has admin power.
Yesterday it demonstrated how unready we as a community or at least some of us are ready for that power.
Because of this to those in the groups effected I am not coming back.
You didn't give joseph lee a chance to defend himself and I do the same now.
You have driven me away from what I thought would be a good group, and have shown me skype groups are not the best medium for descussion at all especially if they can not be moderated or secured.
There are a lot more things I want to say but I have said my bit.
I also know by putting this I am probably making enemies here may even be cutting my path out of the groups involved, but I have no choice really.
I know we as a community are better than this.







.

locked Re: nvda skype group and skype groups in general

 

this group is running without rules now

On 7/14/16, Shaun Everiss <@smeveriss> wrote:
Hmmm if he had plenty of chances, where was the warning.
on a lot of forums I have used you get a private warning and then a
public one.
To my knowledge, I saw no guidelines for the group.
No policy was posted nothing was mentioned.
Sorry friend but I am not buying it.
Kicking joseph is not the problem though I would have liked more notice.
However now you have closed down the new member joining you effectively
have made a private group for yourselves.
I have no problem with that I just don't want any part of it thats all.
You actually never explained reasons publicly in fact whenever anyone
was pulled there was little to no explanation of why.
It didn't bother me but maybe it should have bothered me more.
I'm sorry but you did this to serve yourown interests.
You didn't say why, and there were no warnings publicly.
There were no guidelines no ifficial policy was made.
There really need to be rules to violate before you start flexing muscle.
To be honest I don't think you understand that or deem it necessary to
do so.
To the rest of you tell me if I am being to harsh, but they asked and I
gave.



On 14/07/2016 1:01 p.m., Patrick Wilson wrote:
You didn't give joseph lee a chance to defend himself and I do the same
now.??? He had plenty of chances, anyone that may have gotten removed from
this group had plenty of chances, interesting

On Jul 13, 2016, at 7:55 PM, michael chopra <justforlists689@...>
wrote:

Good afternoon everyone. As an admin of said group, I am sorry to say
that we, Shawn, did give the said user a chance. Because he didn't give
us good reason to keep him in both groups, we removed him. Sorry for your
inconvenience. The way things are, we decided to make it so that only we
who are in these groups can add anyone,.
Thank you for reading and understanding.
From Michael.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shaun
Everiss
Sent: Wednesday, 13 July 2016 15:52
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] nvda skype group and skype groups in general

Hi all users.
I am having some serious concerns about groups on skype.
I know we are not able to control what goes on outside this forum,
however, while I like unmoderated groups from time to time on loose
topics etc, I do see times when a moderator was needed.
Yesterday some users had issue with another user.
How he came accross and said user saying sapi4 didn't work on windows 10
which it does, saying that I was unsure never have used it in 10 myself.
I do know old sapi5 ms voices can cause dammage, etc.
Said user was removed without a chance to defend his actions.
Then both groups had their join features disabled.
It also appears with skype groups in general that everyone can add
remove, disable, hide unhide everything and everyone and the only
protection is to ask not to.
Clearly skype groups are not secure.
Once someone has a dissaggreement it can turn ugly quite fast.
I have seen random strings, and other junk posted on some of these and
offtopic chatter which I was happy to take part in.
I am no longer associated with both groups involved though.
A few days ago there was a descussion on what group or list was a good
mediam for nvda.
A forum and a email list came up.
From what I saw yesterday, an email list and forum can be moderated and
not everyone has admin power.
Yesterday it demonstrated how unready we as a community or at least some
of us are ready for that power.
Because of this to those in the groups effected I am not coming back.
You didn't give joseph lee a chance to defend himself and I do the same
now.
You have driven me away from what I thought would be a good group, and
have shown me skype groups are not the best medium for descussion at all
especially if they can not be moderated or secured.
There are a lot more things I want to say but I have said my bit.
I also know by putting this I am probably making enemies here may even be
cutting my path out of the groups involved, but I have no choice really.
I know we as a community are better than this.










--
search for me on facebook, google+, orkut..
@austin
follow me on twitter.
austinmpinto
contact me on skype.
austin.pinto3

locked Re: nvda skype group and skype groups in general

 

Thanks michael.
You have made your position clear to me and I respect it.
I will not be coming back though as I don't exactly agree with it but look we have both said our piece and so be it.

On 14/07/2016 12:55 p.m., michael chopra wrote:
Good afternoon everyone. As an admin of said group, I am sorry to say that we, Shawn, did give the said user a chance. Because he didn't give us good reason to keep him in both groups, we removed him. Sorry for your inconvenience. The way things are, we decided to make it so that only we who are in these groups can add anyone,.
Thank you for reading and understanding.
From Michael.
-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shaun Everiss
Sent: Wednesday, 13 July 2016 15:52
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] nvda skype group and skype groups in general

Hi all users.
I am having some serious concerns about groups on skype.
I know we are not able to control what goes on outside this forum, however, while I like unmoderated groups from time to time on loose topics etc, I do see times when a moderator was needed.
Yesterday some users had issue with another user.
How he came accross and said user saying sapi4 didn't work on windows 10 which it does, saying that I was unsure never have used it in 10 myself.
I do know old sapi5 ms voices can cause dammage, etc.
Said user was removed without a chance to defend his actions.
Then both groups had their join features disabled.
It also appears with skype groups in general that everyone can add remove, disable, hide unhide everything and everyone and the only protection is to ask not to.
Clearly skype groups are not secure.
Once someone has a dissaggreement it can turn ugly quite fast.
I have seen random strings, and other junk posted on some of these and offtopic chatter which I was happy to take part in.
I am no longer associated with both groups involved though.
A few days ago there was a descussion on what group or list was a good mediam for nvda.
A forum and a email list came up.
From what I saw yesterday, an email list and forum can be moderated and not everyone has admin power.
Yesterday it demonstrated how unready we as a community or at least some of us are ready for that power.
Because of this to those in the groups effected I am not coming back.
You didn't give joseph lee a chance to defend himself and I do the same now.
You have driven me away from what I thought would be a good group, and have shown me skype groups are not the best medium for descussion at all especially if they can not be moderated or secured.
There are a lot more things I want to say but I have said my bit.
I also know by putting this I am probably making enemies here may even be cutting my path out of the groups involved, but I have no choice really.
I know we as a community are better than this.






.

locked Re: nvda skype group and skype groups in general

Michael Chopra <justforlists689@...>
 

Shawn, you are right. We haven't done that. Now, if you have a problem with
the way we are running this and the fact we have disabled joining via links,
please tell me.
From Michael.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shaun
Everiss
Sent: Thursday, 14 July 2016 21:23
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] nvda skype group and skype groups in general

Hmmm if he had plenty of chances, where was the warning.
on a lot of forums I have used you get a private warning and then a public
one.
To my knowledge, I saw no guidelines for the group.
No policy was posted nothing was mentioned.
Sorry friend but I am not buying it.
Kicking joseph is not the problem though I would have liked more notice.
However now you have closed down the new member joining you effectively have
made a private group for yourselves.
I have no problem with that I just don't want any part of it thats all.
You actually never explained reasons publicly in fact whenever anyone was
pulled there was little to no explanation of why.
It didn't bother me but maybe it should have bothered me more.
I'm sorry but you did this to serve yourown interests.
You didn't say why, and there were no warnings publicly.
There were no guidelines no ifficial policy was made.
There really need to be rules to violate before you start flexing muscle.
To be honest I don't think you understand that or deem it necessary to do
so.
To the rest of you tell me if I am being to harsh, but they asked and I
gave.



On 14/07/2016 1:01 p.m., Patrick Wilson wrote:
You didn't give joseph lee a chance to defend himself and I do the
same now.??? He had plenty of chances, anyone that may have gotten
removed from this group had plenty of chances, interesting

On Jul 13, 2016, at 7:55 PM, michael chopra <justforlists689@...>
wrote:

Good afternoon everyone. As an admin of said group, I am sorry to say
that we, Shawn, did give the said user a chance. Because he didn't give us
good reason to keep him in both groups, we removed him. Sorry for your
inconvenience. The way things are, we decided to make it so that only we who
are in these groups can add anyone,.
Thank you for reading and understanding.
From Michael.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Shaun Everiss
Sent: Wednesday, 13 July 2016 15:52
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] nvda skype group and skype groups in general

Hi all users.
I am having some serious concerns about groups on skype.
I know we are not able to control what goes on outside this forum,
however, while I like unmoderated groups from time to time on loose topics
etc, I do see times when a moderator was needed.
Yesterday some users had issue with another user.
How he came accross and said user saying sapi4 didn't work on windows 10
which it does, saying that I was unsure never have used it in 10 myself.
I do know old sapi5 ms voices can cause dammage, etc.
Said user was removed without a chance to defend his actions.
Then both groups had their join features disabled.
It also appears with skype groups in general that everyone can add
remove, disable, hide unhide everything and everyone and the only protection
is to ask not to.
Clearly skype groups are not secure.
Once someone has a dissaggreement it can turn ugly quite fast.
I have seen random strings, and other junk posted on some of these and
offtopic chatter which I was happy to take part in.
I am no longer associated with both groups involved though.
A few days ago there was a descussion on what group or list was a good
mediam for nvda.
A forum and a email list came up.
From what I saw yesterday, an email list and forum can be moderated and
not everyone has admin power.
Yesterday it demonstrated how unready we as a community or at least some
of us are ready for that power.
Because of this to those in the groups effected I am not coming back.
You didn't give joseph lee a chance to defend himself and I do the same
now.
You have driven me away from what I thought would be a good group, and
have shown me skype groups are not the best medium for descussion at all
especially if they can not be moderated or secured.
There are a lot more things I want to say but I have said my bit.
I also know by putting this I am probably making enemies here may even be
cutting my path out of the groups involved, but I have no choice really.
I know we as a community are better than this.








locked Re: nvda skype group and skype groups in general

 

Hmmm if he had plenty of chances, where was the warning.
on a lot of forums I have used you get a private warning and then a public one.
To my knowledge, I saw no guidelines for the group.
No policy was posted nothing was mentioned.
Sorry friend but I am not buying it.
Kicking joseph is not the problem though I would have liked more notice.
However now you have closed down the new member joining you effectively have made a private group for yourselves.
I have no problem with that I just don't want any part of it thats all.
You actually never explained reasons publicly in fact whenever anyone was pulled there was little to no explanation of why.
It didn't bother me but maybe it should have bothered me more.
I'm sorry but you did this to serve yourown interests.
You didn't say why, and there were no warnings publicly.
There were no guidelines no ifficial policy was made.
There really need to be rules to violate before you start flexing muscle.
To be honest I don't think you understand that or deem it necessary to do so.
To the rest of you tell me if I am being to harsh, but they asked and I gave.

On 14/07/2016 1:01 p.m., Patrick Wilson wrote:
You didn't give joseph lee a chance to defend himself and I do the same now.??? He had plenty of chances, anyone that may have gotten removed from this group had plenty of chances, interesting

On Jul 13, 2016, at 7:55 PM, michael chopra <justforlists689@...> wrote:

Good afternoon everyone. As an admin of said group, I am sorry to say that we, Shawn, did give the said user a chance. Because he didn't give us good reason to keep him in both groups, we removed him. Sorry for your inconvenience. The way things are, we decided to make it so that only we who are in these groups can add anyone,.
Thank you for reading and understanding.
From Michael.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shaun Everiss
Sent: Wednesday, 13 July 2016 15:52
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] nvda skype group and skype groups in general

Hi all users.
I am having some serious concerns about groups on skype.
I know we are not able to control what goes on outside this forum, however, while I like unmoderated groups from time to time on loose topics etc, I do see times when a moderator was needed.
Yesterday some users had issue with another user.
How he came accross and said user saying sapi4 didn't work on windows 10 which it does, saying that I was unsure never have used it in 10 myself.
I do know old sapi5 ms voices can cause dammage, etc.
Said user was removed without a chance to defend his actions.
Then both groups had their join features disabled.
It also appears with skype groups in general that everyone can add remove, disable, hide unhide everything and everyone and the only protection is to ask not to.
Clearly skype groups are not secure.
Once someone has a dissaggreement it can turn ugly quite fast.
I have seen random strings, and other junk posted on some of these and offtopic chatter which I was happy to take part in.
I am no longer associated with both groups involved though.
A few days ago there was a descussion on what group or list was a good mediam for nvda.
A forum and a email list came up.
From what I saw yesterday, an email list and forum can be moderated and not everyone has admin power.
Yesterday it demonstrated how unready we as a community or at least some of us are ready for that power.
Because of this to those in the groups effected I am not coming back.
You didn't give joseph lee a chance to defend himself and I do the same now.
You have driven me away from what I thought would be a good group, and have shown me skype groups are not the best medium for descussion at all especially if they can not be moderated or secured.
There are a lot more things I want to say but I have said my bit.
I also know by putting this I am probably making enemies here may even be cutting my path out of the groups involved, but I have no choice really.
I know we as a community are better than this.







locked Re: joseph lee being a good man

Michael Chopra <justforlists689@...>
 

I agree too.
From Michael.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Doug Oliver
Sent: Thursday, 14 July 2016 21:13
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] joseph lee being a good man

Agreed.
I'm not wanting to read this garbage.
Thanks all,
Doug

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christo de Klerk" <christodeklerk@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2016 4:11 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] joseph lee being a good man


Has madness descended on this list? Please, people, do our inboxes have to
be filled with all this rubbish. I think it is totally inappropriate to
carry on and on and on and on and on ad nauseam about an individual. Can
we please get back on track and discuss matters related to NVDA? I am so
sick of all this that I am about to leave a list that has been of immense
value to me. Please, please, plese, please just stop winging about Joseph
lee. Let us agree that for some he is the greatest, for others he is the
devil himself and for yet others he is just another nice guy. Please just
stop this rubbish now.

Regards

Christo


On 2016/07/14 11:02 AM, michael chopra wrote:
Look, aside from providing the wrong information, there are many other
things that he has done. I have to agree, someone said he is not a
community person, rather that he is an individual person.
Thank you.
From Michael.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
nasrin khaksar
Sent: Thursday, 14 July 2016 20:38
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] joseph lee being a good man

hello all.
i dont understand whats happenning.
i cant forget the goodness of joseph lee and his goodness and helps for
many people including me.
the transcendent and absolute goodness is only Allah not his servant.
and the immaculate people are the prophets and prophet mohammad peace be
upon him and his household.
i am shure all people love joseph, i dont understand what happened, but
which wrong informations he provided?

On 7/14/16, michael chopra <justforlists689@...> wrote:
I'm sorry, but have most of you seen the way he does stuff? The fact
that he knowingly gave wrong information and also, that when he was
given the chance, he did not speak up. The groups are better without
him. This is all I have to say on this, and I'm sorry for any distress
this may cause.
Thank you.
From Michael.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Rosemarie Chavarria
Sent: Thursday, 14 July 2016 18:19
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] joseph lee being a good man

Yes, put him back! Even though I'm not on the skype group, I don't
think he should have been kicked out because of what could have been
an honest mistake! None of us are perfect. Joseph has done so much for
us so why ruin his good name.



-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Arlene
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2016 9:54 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] joseph lee being a good man

Put him back! Put him back! I'm not on the skype list. Throwing myself
on the floor screaming and pounding like a spoiled 4 year old. Put him
back!

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Bobby
Sent: July-13-16 9:17 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] joseph lee being a good man

Hay I am very angry and very sad that you took Joseph lee off the
Skype group. He is a very good and wonderful man. He has bent over
back words for all of us including me and this is what you put him
through.
Please forgive him. He just made one ma steak.















--
Those who follow the Messenger-Prophet, the Ummi, whom they find written
down with them in the Taurat and the Injeel [who] enjoins them good and
forbids them evil, and makes lawful to them the good things and makes
unlawful to them impure things, and removes from them their burden and
the shackles which were upon them; so [as for] those who believe in him
and honor him and help him, and follow the light which has been sent down
with him, these it is that are the successful.
holy quran, chapter 7, verse 157.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
al-islam.org







Re: PayPal seems to be browser related

 

I agree.
Hard for us techs to actually fix it if it falls over, oh for the simplicities of dos.

On 14/07/2016 3:02 a.m., Roger Stewart wrote:
I think this comes down to the fact that computers and programs are so
complex now that they can easily have personalities of their own. So
many variables that no 2 machines can ever be exactly alike. I changed
nothing here, but the PayPal thing just came up a few days ago and
before that, I could use Firefox no problem. However, I've never been
able to authorize a twitter client using Firefox going back about 6
years when I started using The Qube.

Roger








On 7/13/2016 4:29 AM, Clare Page wrote:
Hi!
Interesting that you have so much trouble with Firefox, both for using
PayPal and for authorizing Twitter clients! I made a payment with
PayPal last week using Firefox 47.0 and had no problems at all. I had
to re-authorise TWBlue relatively recently, also using Firefox, I
forget which version, and that worked fine too. Firefox is my default
browser, and I have never yet had to change the default to IE to do
anything. Either I'm lucky not to have problems with Firefox while
others do, or there must be some reason why this is happening to you
and not to the rest of us, which I can't guess. Hopefully somebody can!
Bye for now!
From Clare
-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Roger Stewart
Sent: mardi 12 juillet 2016 23:15
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] PayPal seems to be browser related

I just tried using PayPal with Internet Explorer 11 and it worked!
Don't know if something was changed in Firefox or if PayPal has just
added itself to an ever increasing number of web sites that just don't
work correctly with Firefox. These sites are usually ones dealing with
money--either sending, donating, or buying something online. Also I've
noticed that none of the Twitter clients like TW Blue or Chicken
Nugget can be authorized with Twitter unless I set my default browser
to IE.
So for now, I'll just use IE when doing anything with PayPal and hope
it keeps working as it should.


Roger








.


.

locked Re: joseph lee being a good man

Michael Chopra <justforlists689@...>
 

Shawn, can you please write to me off list?
Thanks.
From Michael.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shaun Everiss
Sent: Thursday, 14 July 2016 21:12
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] joseph lee being a good man

Well I agree.
To thouse that wander at my actions on publicly posting about this on the list instead of privately, I am not confident that my concerns would count or that I could control myself whilst posting them.
Joseph did admit that the issue was partly his presponsibility and did apologise to one of these people aparently they were group admins.
Right, fine.
For the record kicking joseph for what he said was not the problem.
It was the immediate closing down of all newcomers to join that I had issue with.
I guess I could have asked the admins for their contacts.
On the other hand I have had people have fun by posting junk all over the group pluss a few other things. the events of 2 days ago demonstrated the imaturity of the people involved.
The only think I would probably give is a good flame up the backside.
I don't usually get this mad, I am still mad.
I simply decided to exclude myself from them.
While briefly testing a game for a group I tested for which was online, there were people like this.
Not admins but people like this, they caused drama in game, hacked others accounts, evaded banns etc.
They got a responce from joseph.
As I said, before they deserve nothing.
As far as I care they can stay locked forever in their group, because by stopping new users joining its what they have done.
I don't want to be locked with them.
I want a civilised conversation without the stupidity that seemed to be going on.
The groups were winding down anyway, and without joseph I doubt they will stay active much longer.
Fact is while joseph can make mistakes I trusted him for increasing traffic in the groups, I never trusted those presumedly at the top, with no policies to speak of, the reason I went with it was I hoped that everyone would make sence.
Its obvious now I was wrong.
This is my opinion only.
Bottem line.
They kicked joseph because they wanted him out so they could do what they wanted, they then closed down the join on the group effectively locking themselves in.
Even if I did actually bring my concerns to them I'd still have no option but to leave.
They are obviously unable to govern.
By posting on a moderated list I have to control what I post a think I am not confident otherwise doing.
Second, I want to warn people off the groups and others these people may create because they are potentially unstable.
To anyone htat want to flame me, you asked me to explain my actions.
I have.
take it or shove it up your backsides but I have explained.
Ask no more of this.



On 14/07/2016 6:19 p.m., Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:
Yes, put him back! Even though I'm not on the skype group, I don't think he should have been kicked out because of what could have been an honest mistake! None of us are perfect. Joseph has done so much for us so why ruin his good name.



-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Arlene
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2016 9:54 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] joseph lee being a good man

Put him back! Put him back! I'm not on the skype list. Throwing myself on the floor screaming and pounding like a spoiled 4 year old. Put him back!

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Bobby
Sent: July-13-16 9:17 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] joseph lee being a good man

Hay I am very angry and very sad that you took Joseph lee off the Skype group. He is a very good and wonderful man. He has bent over back words for all of us including me and this is what you put him through.
Please forgive him. He just made one ma steak.











.

locked Re: joseph lee being a good man

Doug Oliver
 

Agreed.
I'm not wanting to read this garbage.
Thanks all,
Doug

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christo de Klerk" <christodeklerk@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2016 4:11 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] joseph lee being a good man


Has madness descended on this list? Please, people, do our inboxes have to be filled with all this rubbish. I think it is totally inappropriate to carry on and on and on and on and on ad nauseam about an individual. Can we please get back on track and discuss matters related to NVDA? I am so sick of all this that I am about to leave a list that has been of immense value to me. Please, please, plese, please just stop winging about Joseph lee. Let us agree that for some he is the greatest, for others he is the devil himself and for yet others he is just another nice guy. Please just stop this rubbish now.

Regards

Christo


On 2016/07/14 11:02 AM, michael chopra wrote:
Look, aside from providing the wrong information, there are many other things that he has done. I have to agree, someone said he is not a community person, rather that he is an individual person.
Thank you.
From Michael.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of nasrin khaksar
Sent: Thursday, 14 July 2016 20:38
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] joseph lee being a good man

hello all.
i dont understand whats happenning.
i cant forget the goodness of joseph lee and his goodness and helps for many people including me.
the transcendent and absolute goodness is only Allah not his servant.
and the immaculate people are the prophets and prophet mohammad peace be upon him and his household.
i am shure all people love joseph, i dont understand what happened, but which wrong informations he provided?

On 7/14/16, michael chopra <justforlists689@...> wrote:
I'm sorry, but have most of you seen the way he does stuff? The fact
that he knowingly gave wrong information and also, that when he was
given the chance, he did not speak up. The groups are better without
him. This is all I have to say on this, and I'm sorry for any distress this may cause.
Thank you.
From Michael.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Rosemarie Chavarria
Sent: Thursday, 14 July 2016 18:19
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] joseph lee being a good man

Yes, put him back! Even though I'm not on the skype group, I don't
think he should have been kicked out because of what could have been
an honest mistake! None of us are perfect. Joseph has done so much for
us so why ruin his good name.



-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Arlene
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2016 9:54 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] joseph lee being a good man

Put him back! Put him back! I'm not on the skype list. Throwing myself
on the floor screaming and pounding like a spoiled 4 year old. Put him back!

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Bobby
Sent: July-13-16 9:17 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] joseph lee being a good man

Hay I am very angry and very sad that you took Joseph lee off the
Skype group. He is a very good and wonderful man. He has bent over
back words for all of us including me and this is what you put him through.
Please forgive him. He just made one ma steak.















--
Those who follow the Messenger-Prophet, the Ummi, whom they find written down with them in the Taurat and the Injeel [who] enjoins them good and forbids them evil, and makes lawful to them the good things and makes unlawful to them impure things, and removes from them their burden and the shackles which were upon them; so [as for] those who believe in him and honor him and help him, and follow the light which has been sent down with him, these it is that are the successful.
holy quran, chapter 7, verse 157.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages al-islam.org






locked Re: joseph lee being a good man

 

Well I agree.
To thouse that wander at my actions on publicly posting about this on the list instead of privately, I am not confident that my concerns would count or that I could control myself whilst posting them.
Joseph did admit that the issue was partly his presponsibility and did apologise to one of these people aparently they were group admins.
Right, fine.
For the record kicking joseph for what he said was not the problem.
It was the immediate closing down of all newcomers to join that I had issue with.
I guess I could have asked the admins for their contacts.
On the other hand I have had people have fun by posting junk all over the group pluss a few other things. the events of 2 days ago demonstrated the imaturity of the people involved.
The only think I would probably give is a good flame up the backside.
I don't usually get this mad, I am still mad.
I simply decided to exclude myself from them.
While briefly testing a game for a group I tested for which was online, there were people like this.
Not admins but people like this, they caused drama in game, hacked others accounts, evaded banns etc.
They got a responce from joseph.
As I said, before they deserve nothing.
As far as I care they can stay locked forever in their group, because by stopping new users joining its what they have done.
I don't want to be locked with them.
I want a civilised conversation without the stupidity that seemed to be going on.
The groups were winding down anyway, and without joseph I doubt they will stay active much longer.
Fact is while joseph can make mistakes I trusted him for increasing traffic in the groups, I never trusted those presumedly at the top, with no policies to speak of, the reason I went with it was I hoped that everyone would make sence.
Its obvious now I was wrong.
This is my opinion only.
Bottem line.
They kicked joseph because they wanted him out so they could do what they wanted, they then closed down the join on the group effectively locking themselves in.
Even if I did actually bring my concerns to them I'd still have no option but to leave.
They are obviously unable to govern.
By posting on a moderated list I have to control what I post a think I am not confident otherwise doing.
Second, I want to warn people off the groups and others these people may create because they are potentially unstable.
To anyone htat want to flame me, you asked me to explain my actions.
I have.
take it or shove it up your backsides but I have explained.
Ask no more of this.

On 14/07/2016 6:19 p.m., Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:
Yes, put him back! Even though I'm not on the skype group, I don't think he should have been kicked out because of what could have been an honest mistake! None of us are perfect. Joseph has done so much for us so why ruin his good name.



-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Arlene
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2016 9:54 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] joseph lee being a good man

Put him back! Put him back! I'm not on the skype list. Throwing myself on the floor screaming and pounding like a spoiled 4 year old. Put him back!

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bobby
Sent: July-13-16 9:17 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] joseph lee being a good man

Hay I am very angry and very sad that you took Joseph lee off the Skype group. He is a very good and wonderful man. He has bent over back words for all of us including me and this is what you put him through.
Please forgive him. He just made one ma steak.










.

locked Re: joseph lee being a good man

Christo de Klerk
 

Has madness descended on this list? Please, people, do our inboxes have to be filled with all this rubbish. I think it is totally inappropriate to carry on and on and on and on and on ad nauseam about an individual. Can we please get back on track and discuss matters related to NVDA? I am so sick of all this that I am about to leave a list that has been of immense value to me. Please, please, plese, please just stop winging about Joseph lee. Let us agree that for some he is the greatest, for others he is the devil himself and for yet others he is just another nice guy. Please just stop this rubbish now.

Regards

Christo

On 2016/07/14 11:02 AM, michael chopra wrote:
Look, aside from providing the wrong information, there are many other things that he has done. I have to agree, someone said he is not a community person, rather that he is an individual person.
Thank you.
From Michael.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of nasrin khaksar
Sent: Thursday, 14 July 2016 20:38
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] joseph lee being a good man

hello all.
i dont understand whats happenning.
i cant forget the goodness of joseph lee and his goodness and helps for many people including me.
the transcendent and absolute goodness is only Allah not his servant.
and the immaculate people are the prophets and prophet mohammad peace be upon him and his household.
i am shure all people love joseph, i dont understand what happened, but which wrong informations he provided?

On 7/14/16, michael chopra <justforlists689@...> wrote:
I'm sorry, but have most of you seen the way he does stuff? The fact
that he knowingly gave wrong information and also, that when he was
given the chance, he did not speak up. The groups are better without
him. This is all I have to say on this, and I'm sorry for any distress this may cause.
Thank you.
From Michael.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Rosemarie Chavarria
Sent: Thursday, 14 July 2016 18:19
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] joseph lee being a good man

Yes, put him back! Even though I'm not on the skype group, I don't
think he should have been kicked out because of what could have been
an honest mistake! None of us are perfect. Joseph has done so much for
us so why ruin his good name.



-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Arlene
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2016 9:54 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] joseph lee being a good man

Put him back! Put him back! I'm not on the skype list. Throwing myself
on the floor screaming and pounding like a spoiled 4 year old. Put him back!

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Bobby
Sent: July-13-16 9:17 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] joseph lee being a good man

Hay I am very angry and very sad that you took Joseph lee off the
Skype group. He is a very good and wonderful man. He has bent over
back words for all of us including me and this is what you put him through.
Please forgive him. He just made one ma steak.















--
Those who follow the Messenger-Prophet, the Ummi, whom they find written down with them in the Taurat and the Injeel [who] enjoins them good and forbids them evil, and makes lawful to them the good things and makes unlawful to them impure things, and removes from them their burden and the shackles which were upon them; so [as for] those who believe in him and honor him and help him, and follow the light which has been sent down with him, these it is that are the successful.
holy quran, chapter 7, verse 157.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages al-islam.org





Admin. The Skipe list discussion is closed

Gene
 

It seems this thread is incapable of being followed without resort to vulgarity and flame wars.  Someone asked what Michael Lee  did.  Earlier in the day, one or two people from the Skipe list already discussed that question with a level of personal attack that should have gotten them thrown off of this list.  Michael Lee and the other list is not ontopic for this list as I understand this lists purpose and practice.  I am closing this thread as of now and any threads of a similar nature.  If the owner disagrees, he will alter or reverse my decision.  I am not only closing these threads because they are completely off topic for this list, as I understand it, but because it seems people cannot participate in them without resorting to personal abuse and vulgarity.  There are certain norms of behavior that will be enforced on this list.  One is civility and another is no vulgarity.  This list has a wide range of members.  What is not offensive to you may be to many.  Have some respect. 
 
the problem occurred on a different list.  Complain in that venue and to those who run that list.  This list is to discuss NVDA.  It is not to discuss and argue about policies on another list. 
 
Gene
 

locked Re: joseph lee being a good man

Michael Chopra <justforlists689@...>
 

Look, aside from providing the wrong information, there are many other things that he has done. I have to agree, someone said he is not a community person, rather that he is an individual person.
Thank you.
From Michael.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of nasrin khaksar
Sent: Thursday, 14 July 2016 20:38
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] joseph lee being a good man

hello all.
i dont understand whats happenning.
i cant forget the goodness of joseph lee and his goodness and helps for many people including me.
the transcendent and absolute goodness is only Allah not his servant.
and the immaculate people are the prophets and prophet mohammad peace be upon him and his household.
i am shure all people love joseph, i dont understand what happened, but which wrong informations he provided?

On 7/14/16, michael chopra <justforlists689@...> wrote:
I'm sorry, but have most of you seen the way he does stuff? The fact
that he knowingly gave wrong information and also, that when he was
given the chance, he did not speak up. The groups are better without
him. This is all I have to say on this, and I'm sorry for any distress this may cause.
Thank you.
From Michael.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Rosemarie Chavarria
Sent: Thursday, 14 July 2016 18:19
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] joseph lee being a good man

Yes, put him back! Even though I'm not on the skype group, I don't
think he should have been kicked out because of what could have been
an honest mistake! None of us are perfect. Joseph has done so much for
us so why ruin his good name.



-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Arlene
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2016 9:54 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] joseph lee being a good man

Put him back! Put him back! I'm not on the skype list. Throwing myself
on the floor screaming and pounding like a spoiled 4 year old. Put him back!

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Bobby
Sent: July-13-16 9:17 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] joseph lee being a good man

Hay I am very angry and very sad that you took Joseph lee off the
Skype group. He is a very good and wonderful man. He has bent over
back words for all of us including me and this is what you put him through.
Please forgive him. He just made one ma steak.
















--
Those who follow the Messenger-Prophet, the Ummi, whom they find written down with them in the Taurat and the Injeel [who] enjoins them good and forbids them evil, and makes lawful to them the good things and makes unlawful to them impure things, and removes from them their burden and the shackles which were upon them; so [as for] those who believe in him and honor him and help him, and follow the light which has been sent down with him, these it is that are the successful.
holy quran, chapter 7, verse 157.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages al-islam.org

locked Re: joseph lee being a good man

 

hello all.
i dont understand whats happenning.
i cant forget the goodness of joseph lee and his goodness and helps
for many people including me.
the transcendent and absolute goodness is only Allah not his servant.
and the immaculate people are the prophets and prophet mohammad peace
be upon him and his household.
i am shure all people love joseph, i dont understand what happened,
but which wrong informations he provided?

On 7/14/16, michael chopra <justforlists689@...> wrote:
I'm sorry, but have most of you seen the way he does stuff? The fact that he
knowingly gave wrong information and also, that when he was given the
chance, he did not speak up. The groups are better without him. This is all
I have to say on this, and I'm sorry for any distress this may cause.
Thank you.
From Michael.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Rosemarie Chavarria
Sent: Thursday, 14 July 2016 18:19
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] joseph lee being a good man

Yes, put him back! Even though I'm not on the skype group, I don't think he
should have been kicked out because of what could have been an honest
mistake! None of us are perfect. Joseph has done so much for us so why ruin
his good name.



-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Arlene
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2016 9:54 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] joseph lee being a good man

Put him back! Put him back! I'm not on the skype list. Throwing myself on
the floor screaming and pounding like a spoiled 4 year old. Put him back!

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bobby
Sent: July-13-16 9:17 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] joseph lee being a good man

Hay I am very angry and very sad that you took Joseph lee off the Skype
group. He is a very good and wonderful man. He has bent over back words
for all of us including me and this is what you put him through.
Please forgive him. He just made one ma steak.















--
Those who follow the Messenger-Prophet, the Ummi, whom they find
written down with them in the Taurat and the Injeel [who] enjoins them
good and forbids them evil, and makes lawful to them the good things
and makes unlawful to them impure things, and removes from them their
burden and the shackles which were upon them; so [as for] those who
believe in him and honor him and help him, and follow the light which
has been sent down with him, these it is that are the successful.
holy quran, chapter 7, verse 157.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
al-islam.org

Re: FW: Notes on NVDA and PowerPoint

Cearbhall O'Meadhra
 

Pranav,

 

Thanks for this detail! I am coming to realise more and more that Powerpoint is simply a tool for managing parts of a flat text file. This occurred to me when I opened a PowerPoint file on the iPhone. The iphone ignores the various control characters that Powerpoint embeds in the file to create the slides and various display options. It simply presents the flat file!

 

In that case, I suppose that PowerPoint is not capable of creating a Word table which we could navigate by using the usual screen reader table navigation controls.

 

If I am right about the basic nature of the PowerPoint file, and I am open to criticism on this if anyone can advise me, then the Powerpoint program is simply picking up certain characters that mean the beginning and end of a slide and various other characters that mark the beginning and end of its various object placeholders

 

For this reason, I think we can only make use of the  F6 key and the tab and arrows to get around the PowerPoint document. I know JAWS offers far more but I think these are only gilding the lily!

 

All the best,

 

Cearbhall

 

m +353 (0)833323487 Ph: _353 (0)1-2864623 e: cearbhall.omeadhra@...

 

 

 

I use the free version of Spam Reader to get rid of spam. The Professional version doesn't have this disclaimer in outgoing emails. Try Spam Reader for free now!

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Pranav Lal
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2016 1:21 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] FW: Notes on NVDA and PowerPoint

 

Hi Cearbhall,

 

I usually edit tables in Word or Excel and then get them into Powerpoint. If I must edit them in PowerPoint, I then use word by word navigation with the ctrl+left and right arrow and line by line navigation to move around in the table. The only way I know of is to be familiar with the content of the table so that you know what you are editing. I wish there was a better answer.

 

Pranav

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Cearbhall O'Meadhra
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2016 1:01 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] FW: Notes on NVDA and PowerPoint

 

Pranav,

 

Good to hear your experience. I am relieved to find that your experience reflects my own.

 

I am particularly interested in the detail of navigating tables. As you say, column divisions are not echoed  so:

1.      How do you know when you are in one column or another?

2.      Is there any way of knowing which column your active point is in?

3.      What keystrokes are involved apart from those which you have already described?

 

 

All the best,

 

Cearbhall

 

m +353 (0)833323487 Ph: _353 (0)1-2864623 e: cearbhall.omeadhra@...

 

 

 

I use the free version of Spam Reader to get rid of spam. The Professional version doesn't have this disclaimer in outgoing emails. Try Spam Reader for free now!

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Pranav Lal
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2016 1:43 AM
To:
nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] FW: Notes on NVDA and PowerPoint

 

Hi all,

 

In terms of table navigation and editing:

1.       I can read tables in slide show mode.

2.       When in object navigation mode, reading of a table or editing a table is difficult because column seperators are not spoken. This used to happen even with Jaws version 16 I think.

3.       I am on PowerPoint 2016 and  whatever has been discussed so far is applicable to that version.

4.       The tab and shift+tab are standard keystrokes. The same applies to f6 and shift+f6.

Pranav

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike Sedmak
Sent: Sunday, July 10, 2016 2:27 AM
To:
nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] FW: Notes on NVDA and PowerPoint

 

Has anyone had luck navigating tables in powerpoint?  Table navigation does not work for me in powerpoint.

I have to resort to using tab to step through every cell.

Thanks,

Mike

 

Sent from my iPhone, please forgive the typos. 


On Jul 9, 2016, at 2:52 PM, Sukil Etxenike via
Groups.io <sukiletxe@...> wrote:

Hi,
You can also press ctrl+F6 or ctrl+shift+F6 to move forth and back between pannels. And S and D (or was it A and S) also work to go to the previous and next slide in the slideshow.

Regards,
Sukil

El 09/07/2016 a las 20:36, Cearbhall O'Meadhra escribió:

Hi,

 

I have been working all day on this topic and have put together the following notes about using PowerPoint with NVDA. Please let me know what you think of these notes. Have you any improvements to suggest?

 

I have used PowerPoint 2010 on Windows 10 using NVDA 2016.2 on my Desktop Pc.

 

Notes on the use of PowerPoint with NVDA

 

1. File opens in slide view

2. Page Down moves from slide to slide showing the title pane

 

For the first slide:

3. Press tab to move to the title placeholder. NVDA reads the title of the slide;

4. Press tab again to move to the subtitle placeholder. NVDA reads the subtitle;

5. Press tab again to move to the embedded graphic. NVDA  says "Graphic" if no alt text;

6. Press tab again to move to rectangle shape.

7. Press tab again to return to the title placeholder at the top of the slide

 

Press page down For the second slide:

8. Press tab to move to the title placeholder

9. Press tab to go to the text placeholder. NVDA reads all the text in the placeholder

10. Press numpad 9 and numbpad 7 to read the text in the placeholder line by line

11. Press tab to move to the graphic image. NVDA reports the location of the graphic in the computer when the alt text has not been filled in.

 

Press page down for the third slide

12. Press tab for the Title placeholder

13. Press tab for the object placeholder. NVDA reads all the text as in the text placeholder at 9 above

 

 

Press pagedown for slide 4;

Same as slide 3.

 

Press page down for slide 5

15. Press tab for footer placeholder. NVDA reads all text in the footer;

16. Press tab for slide number placeholder. NVDA reads out the number of the slide;

17. Press tab for title placeholder

18. Press tab for text placeholder.

19. Press tab to return to the footer placeholder.

 

control+home jumps to the first slide

control+end jumps to the last slide.

 

The Slide Show

 

Press F5 to start the slide show

NVDA reads the whole slide from top to bottom including the title and leaves the cursor at the bottom of the slide.

1. Press page down and page up to move from slide to slide. Note that it may be necessary to wait for a few seconds between key presses to allow the slide show to catch up;

2. Press numpad 9 and numpad 7 to read the contents of the slide line by line.

3. Press return or space bar to move to the next slide. Sometimes nothing happens and then do the instruction at 4 below.

4. Type the  number  of a slide followed by return to jump to that slide.

5. Press control-shift-s to switch back and forth between the slide and its accompanying notes.

6. Use F6 to move between the status bar pane, slide view pane, thumbnails pane and notes pane. Use the arrow keys to move through the options available in each of these panes. Use F6 to move to the chosen view to see the results.

7. Use the escape key to exit the slide show.

I use the free version of Spam Reader to get rid of spam. The Professional version doesn't have this disclaimer in outgoing emails. Try Spam Reader for free now!

 

 

From: Cearbhall O'Meadhra [mailto:cearbhall.omeadhra@...]
Sent: Saturday, July 9, 2016 12:08 PM
To: '
nvda@nvda.groups.io'
Subject: RE: NVDA and PowerPoint

 

Hi again,

 

I am using PowerPoint 2010 with NVDA 2016.2 and Windows 10 on a desktop PC.

 

All advice welcome, thanks!

 

All the best,

 

Cearbhall

 

m +353 (0)833323487 Ph: _353 (0)1-2864623 e: cearbhall.omeadhra@...

 

 

 

 

I use the free version of Spam Reader to get rid of spam. The Professional version doesn't have this disclaimer in outgoing emails. Try Spam Reader for free now!

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Cearbhall O'Meadhra
Sent: Saturday, July 9, 2016 11:48 AM
To:
nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA and PowerPoint

 

Hi,

 

I have taken on a new project in which I have to be able to read several PowerPoint presentations. Are there any guides for using PowerPoint with NVDA? Can anyone give me any pointers from their own experience?

 

 

All the best,

 

Cearbhall

 

m +353 (0)833323487 Ph: _353 (0)1-2864623 e: cearbhall.omeadhra@...

 

 

 

 

testing using the mail ap:

Kenny Peyattt jr.
 

Hi testing to see if I am coing through.

 

Sent

Kenny peyatt jr.  from Mail for Windows 10

 

locked Re: joseph lee being a good man

Michael Chopra <justforlists689@...>
 

I'm sorry, but have most of you seen the way he does stuff? The fact that he knowingly gave wrong information and also, that when he was given the chance, he did not speak up. The groups are better without him. This is all I have to say on this, and I'm sorry for any distress this may cause.
Thank you.
From Michael.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Rosemarie Chavarria
Sent: Thursday, 14 July 2016 18:19
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] joseph lee being a good man

Yes, put him back! Even though I'm not on the skype group, I don't think he should have been kicked out because of what could have been an honest mistake! None of us are perfect. Joseph has done so much for us so why ruin his good name.



-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Arlene
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2016 9:54 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] joseph lee being a good man

Put him back! Put him back! I'm not on the skype list. Throwing myself on the floor screaming and pounding like a spoiled 4 year old. Put him back!

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bobby
Sent: July-13-16 9:17 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] joseph lee being a good man

Hay I am very angry and very sad that you took Joseph lee off the Skype group. He is a very good and wonderful man. He has bent over back words for all of us including me and this is what you put him through.
Please forgive him. He just made one ma steak.

locked Re: nvda skype group and skype groups in general

Michael Chopra <justforlists689@...>
 

Yes, and Austin, it won't change.
From Michael.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Austin Pinto
Sent: Thursday, 14 July 2016 18:47
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] nvda skype group and skype groups in general

i knew this was coming once Joseph stepped down from admin.

On 7/14/16, Patrick Wilson <Sirpatrickwilson@...> wrote:
You didn't give joseph lee a chance to defend himself and I do the
same now.??? He had plenty of chances, anyone that may have gotten
removed from this group had plenty of chances, interesting

On Jul 13, 2016, at 7:55 PM, michael chopra
<justforlists689@...>
wrote:

Good afternoon everyone. As an admin of said group, I am sorry to say
that we, Shawn, did give the said user a chance. Because he didn't
give us good reason to keep him in both groups, we removed him. Sorry
for your inconvenience. The way things are, we decided to make it so
that only we who are in these groups can add anyone,.
Thank you for reading and understanding.
From Michael.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Shaun Everiss
Sent: Wednesday, 13 July 2016 15:52
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] nvda skype group and skype groups in general

Hi all users.
I am having some serious concerns about groups on skype.
I know we are not able to control what goes on outside this forum,
however, while I like unmoderated groups from time to time on loose
topics etc, I do see times when a moderator was needed.
Yesterday some users had issue with another user.
How he came accross and said user saying sapi4 didn't work on windows
10 which it does, saying that I was unsure never have used it in 10 myself.
I do know old sapi5 ms voices can cause dammage, etc.
Said user was removed without a chance to defend his actions.
Then both groups had their join features disabled.
It also appears with skype groups in general that everyone can add
remove, disable, hide unhide everything and everyone and the only
protection is to ask not to.
Clearly skype groups are not secure.
Once someone has a dissaggreement it can turn ugly quite fast.
I have seen random strings, and other junk posted on some of these
and offtopic chatter which I was happy to take part in.
I am no longer associated with both groups involved though.
A few days ago there was a descussion on what group or list was a
good mediam for nvda.
A forum and a email list came up.
From what I saw yesterday, an email list and forum can be moderated
and not everyone has admin power.
Yesterday it demonstrated how unready we as a community or at least
some of us are ready for that power.
Because of this to those in the groups effected I am not coming back.
You didn't give joseph lee a chance to defend himself and I do the
same now.
You have driven me away from what I thought would be a good group,
and have shown me skype groups are not the best medium for descussion
at all especially if they can not be moderated or secured.
There are a lot more things I want to say but I have said my bit.
I also know by putting this I am probably making enemies here may
even be cutting my path out of the groups involved, but I have no choice really.
I know we as a community are better than this.









--
search for me on facebook, google+, orkut..
@austin
follow me on twitter.
austinmpinto
contact me on skype.
austin.pinto3

locked Re: nvda skype group and skype groups in general

 

i knew this was coming once Joseph stepped down from admin.

On 7/14/16, Patrick Wilson <Sirpatrickwilson@...> wrote:
You didn't give joseph lee a chance to defend himself and I do the same
now.??? He had plenty of chances, anyone that may have gotten removed from
this group had plenty of chances, interesting

On Jul 13, 2016, at 7:55 PM, michael chopra <justforlists689@...>
wrote:

Good afternoon everyone. As an admin of said group, I am sorry to say that
we, Shawn, did give the said user a chance. Because he didn't give us good
reason to keep him in both groups, we removed him. Sorry for your
inconvenience. The way things are, we decided to make it so that only we
who are in these groups can add anyone,.
Thank you for reading and understanding.
From Michael.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shaun
Everiss
Sent: Wednesday, 13 July 2016 15:52
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] nvda skype group and skype groups in general

Hi all users.
I am having some serious concerns about groups on skype.
I know we are not able to control what goes on outside this forum,
however, while I like unmoderated groups from time to time on loose topics
etc, I do see times when a moderator was needed.
Yesterday some users had issue with another user.
How he came accross and said user saying sapi4 didn't work on windows 10
which it does, saying that I was unsure never have used it in 10 myself.
I do know old sapi5 ms voices can cause dammage, etc.
Said user was removed without a chance to defend his actions.
Then both groups had their join features disabled.
It also appears with skype groups in general that everyone can add remove,
disable, hide unhide everything and everyone and the only protection is to
ask not to.
Clearly skype groups are not secure.
Once someone has a dissaggreement it can turn ugly quite fast.
I have seen random strings, and other junk posted on some of these and
offtopic chatter which I was happy to take part in.
I am no longer associated with both groups involved though.
A few days ago there was a descussion on what group or list was a good
mediam for nvda.
A forum and a email list came up.
From what I saw yesterday, an email list and forum can be moderated and
not everyone has admin power.
Yesterday it demonstrated how unready we as a community or at least some
of us are ready for that power.
Because of this to those in the groups effected I am not coming back.
You didn't give joseph lee a chance to defend himself and I do the same
now.
You have driven me away from what I thought would be a good group, and
have shown me skype groups are not the best medium for descussion at all
especially if they can not be moderated or secured.
There are a lot more things I want to say but I have said my bit.
I also know by putting this I am probably making enemies here may even be
cutting my path out of the groups involved, but I have no choice really.
I know we as a community are better than this.








--
search for me on facebook, google+, orkut..
@austin
follow me on twitter.
austinmpinto
contact me on skype.
austin.pinto3

NVDA CON US

Kenny Peyattt jr.
 

Hi when is the date for the NVDA CON US planning meeting?

Kenny Peyatt jr.