Date   

Re: Disturbing NVDA Remote Rumor: any ruth or verification?

 

Hi,
Some synthesizers are known to crash under some circumstances. If it can be
reproduced on all synths, then this is something to do with NVDA's speech
module, otherwise I'd question what synth people involved in this rumor were
using. I'll write a formal response to this once I gather more information.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Buddy
Brannan
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2016 10:39 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Disturbing NVDA Remote Rumor: any ruth or verification?

On a shared copy of the post, he posted a comment to the effect that the
exploit was with NVDA itself, by sending a large amount of text through it
all at once. I don't even know if he's on this list and can elaborate
himself.

--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: 814-860-3194
Mobile: 814-431-0962
Email: buddy@...




On Oct 10, 2016, at 1:27 PM, Joseph Lee <@joslee> wrote:

Hi,
Okay... I'd like to know where Tyler L is getting this information. Based
on
that post, it appears someone may have told him what's up. I'm keeping an
eye on Twitter to find out what's up as well.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Buddy
Brannan
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2016 10:10 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Disturbing NVDA Remote Rumor: any ruth or
verification?

This should work:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10210482594480519&id=1214464156&
refid=17&ref=m_notif&notif_t=feed_comment_reply&_ft_=top_level_post_id.10210
482594480519%3Atl_objid.10210482594480519%3Athid.1214464156%3A30606112949941
4%3A2%3A0%3A1477983599%3A-8014300897192678334&__tn__=%2As


--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: 814-860-3194
Mobile: 814-431-0962
Email: buddy@...




On Oct 10, 2016, at 1:02 PM, Joseph Lee <@joslee>
wrote:

Hi everyone,
I was alerted to this by Derek Riemer, and am keeping an eye on this
development. According to what I'm seeing, this is quite disturbing if
the
claims are to be believed. What we need at this point is evidence that
proves what the below Facebook message says (one of the evidence needed
is
the URL to that post).
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Buddy
Brannan
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2016 7:43 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Disturbing NVDA Remote Rumor: any ruth or verification?

Just saw this on Facebook:

All of my blind NVDA friends: If you have used, currently use or plan on
using NVDA remote, I recommend you stop now and remove it. There is at
least
one exploit where someone can crash a system, whether or not it is
enabled
to be controlled. This exploit is being used by Tyler Spivy, one of the
authors of the project. Many more may exist and through an inspection of
the
code probably do. Please circulate this to as many people as possible.
Thanks.


Disturbing if true. Given some of Tyler's past exploits, well, one would
hope he'd grown up since those. If true, this certainly won't help open
source in general, NVDA in particular, or future crowdfunding for AT.

--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: 814-860-3194
Mobile: 814-431-0962
Email: buddy@...















Re: Disturbing NVDA Remote Rumor: any ruth or verification?

Buddy Brannan
 

On a shared copy of the post, he posted a comment to the effect that the exploit was with NVDA itself, by sending a large amount of text through it all at once. I don't even know if he's on this list and can elaborate himself.

--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: 814-860-3194
Mobile: 814-431-0962
Email: buddy@...

On Oct 10, 2016, at 1:27 PM, Joseph Lee <@joslee> wrote:

Hi,
Okay... I'd like to know where Tyler L is getting this information. Based on
that post, it appears someone may have told him what's up. I'm keeping an
eye on Twitter to find out what's up as well.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Buddy
Brannan
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2016 10:10 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Disturbing NVDA Remote Rumor: any ruth or verification?

This should work:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10210482594480519&id=1214464156&
refid=17&ref=m_notif&notif_t=feed_comment_reply&_ft_=top_level_post_id.10210
482594480519%3Atl_objid.10210482594480519%3Athid.1214464156%3A30606112949941
4%3A2%3A0%3A1477983599%3A-8014300897192678334&__tn__=%2As


--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: 814-860-3194
Mobile: 814-431-0962
Email: buddy@...




On Oct 10, 2016, at 1:02 PM, Joseph Lee <@joslee> wrote:

Hi everyone,
I was alerted to this by Derek Riemer, and am keeping an eye on this
development. According to what I'm seeing, this is quite disturbing if the
claims are to be believed. What we need at this point is evidence that
proves what the below Facebook message says (one of the evidence needed is
the URL to that post).
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Buddy
Brannan
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2016 7:43 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Disturbing NVDA Remote Rumor: any ruth or verification?

Just saw this on Facebook:

All of my blind NVDA friends: If you have used, currently use or plan on
using NVDA remote, I recommend you stop now and remove it. There is at
least
one exploit where someone can crash a system, whether or not it is enabled
to be controlled. This exploit is being used by Tyler Spivy, one of the
authors of the project. Many more may exist and through an inspection of
the
code probably do. Please circulate this to as many people as possible.
Thanks.


Disturbing if true. Given some of Tyler's past exploits, well, one would
hope he'd grown up since those. If true, this certainly won't help open
source in general, NVDA in particular, or future crowdfunding for AT.

--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: 814-860-3194
Mobile: 814-431-0962
Email: buddy@...















Re: Disturbing NVDA Remote Rumor: any ruth or verification?

 

Hi,
Okay... I'd like to know where Tyler L is getting this information. Based on
that post, it appears someone may have told him what's up. I'm keeping an
eye on Twitter to find out what's up as well.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Buddy
Brannan
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2016 10:10 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Disturbing NVDA Remote Rumor: any ruth or verification?

This should work:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10210482594480519&id=1214464156&
refid=17&ref=m_notif&notif_t=feed_comment_reply&_ft_=top_level_post_id.10210
482594480519%3Atl_objid.10210482594480519%3Athid.1214464156%3A30606112949941
4%3A2%3A0%3A1477983599%3A-8014300897192678334&__tn__=%2As


--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: 814-860-3194
Mobile: 814-431-0962
Email: buddy@...




On Oct 10, 2016, at 1:02 PM, Joseph Lee <@joslee> wrote:

Hi everyone,
I was alerted to this by Derek Riemer, and am keeping an eye on this
development. According to what I'm seeing, this is quite disturbing if the
claims are to be believed. What we need at this point is evidence that
proves what the below Facebook message says (one of the evidence needed is
the URL to that post).
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Buddy
Brannan
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2016 7:43 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Disturbing NVDA Remote Rumor: any ruth or verification?

Just saw this on Facebook:

All of my blind NVDA friends: If you have used, currently use or plan on
using NVDA remote, I recommend you stop now and remove it. There is at
least
one exploit where someone can crash a system, whether or not it is enabled
to be controlled. This exploit is being used by Tyler Spivy, one of the
authors of the project. Many more may exist and through an inspection of
the
code probably do. Please circulate this to as many people as possible.
Thanks.


Disturbing if true. Given some of Tyler's past exploits, well, one would
hope he'd grown up since those. If true, this certainly won't help open
source in general, NVDA in particular, or future crowdfunding for AT.

--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: 814-860-3194
Mobile: 814-431-0962
Email: buddy@...










Re: Disturbing NVDA Remote Rumor: any ruth or verification?

Buddy Brannan
 

On Oct 10, 2016, at 1:02 PM, Joseph Lee <@joslee> wrote:

Hi everyone,
I was alerted to this by Derek Riemer, and am keeping an eye on this
development. According to what I'm seeing, this is quite disturbing if the
claims are to be believed. What we need at this point is evidence that
proves what the below Facebook message says (one of the evidence needed is
the URL to that post).
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Buddy
Brannan
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2016 7:43 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Disturbing NVDA Remote Rumor: any ruth or verification?

Just saw this on Facebook:

All of my blind NVDA friends: If you have used, currently use or plan on
using NVDA remote, I recommend you stop now and remove it. There is at least
one exploit where someone can crash a system, whether or not it is enabled
to be controlled. This exploit is being used by Tyler Spivy, one of the
authors of the project. Many more may exist and through an inspection of the
code probably do. Please circulate this to as many people as possible.
Thanks.


Disturbing if true. Given some of Tyler's past exploits, well, one would
hope he'd grown up since those. If true, this certainly won't help open
source in general, NVDA in particular, or future crowdfunding for AT.

--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: 814-860-3194
Mobile: 814-431-0962
Email: buddy@...










Re: Disturbing NVDA Remote Rumor: any ruth or verification?

 

Hi everyone,
I was alerted to this by Derek Riemer, and am keeping an eye on this
development. According to what I'm seeing, this is quite disturbing if the
claims are to be believed. What we need at this point is evidence that
proves what the below Facebook message says (one of the evidence needed is
the URL to that post).
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Buddy
Brannan
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2016 7:43 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Disturbing NVDA Remote Rumor: any ruth or verification?

Just saw this on Facebook:

All of my blind NVDA friends: If you have used, currently use or plan on
using NVDA remote, I recommend you stop now and remove it. There is at least
one exploit where someone can crash a system, whether or not it is enabled
to be controlled. This exploit is being used by Tyler Spivy, one of the
authors of the project. Many more may exist and through an inspection of the
code probably do. Please circulate this to as many people as possible.
Thanks.


Disturbing if true. Given some of Tyler's past exploits, well, one would
hope he'd grown up since those. If true, this certainly won't help open
source in general, NVDA in particular, or future crowdfunding for AT.

--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: 814-860-3194
Mobile: 814-431-0962
Email: buddy@...


Re: official address for subscribing to the thunderbird email list

Joe Hunter <joehunter@...>
 

it can take a few hourse should be ok by tomorrow.

On 10/10/2016 16:26, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:
I got a confirmation message and replied to it but I haven't heard anything back from the group.




On 10/10/2016 2:26 AM, Joe Hunter wrote:
You where almost there try the below subscription


thunderbird-subscribe@...

still put subscribe in the suject line.


On 10/10/2016 06:37, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:
Hi, everyone,


What's the email address to subscribe to the official thunderbird list? I tried


thunderbird@...


and typed "subscribe" in the subject line but that didn't work.


Thanks for your help in advance.


Rosemarie











Re: official address for subscribing to the thunderbird email list

Rosemarie Chavarria
 

I got a confirmation message and replied to it but I haven't heard anything back from the group.

On 10/10/2016 2:26 AM, Joe Hunter wrote:
You where almost there try the below subscription


thunderbird-subscribe@...

still put subscribe in the suject line.


On 10/10/2016 06:37, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:
Hi, everyone,


What's the email address to subscribe to the official thunderbird list? I tried


thunderbird@...


and typed "subscribe" in the subject line but that didn't work.


Thanks for your help in advance.


Rosemarie








Re: Disturbing NVDA Remote Rumor: any ruth or verification?

 

It strikes me that the add-on is apparently not developing anymore. See their issue tracker at https://github.com/NVDARemote/NVDARemote/issues.


Artin Dekker
Beheerder win10-nl mailgroep
https://win10-nl.groups.io/g/algemeen

Op 10-10-2016 om 16:43 schreef Buddy Brannan:

Just saw this on Facebook:

All of my blind NVDA friends: If you have used, currently use or plan on using NVDA remote, I recommend you stop now and remove it. There is at least one exploit where someone can crash a system, whether or not it is enabled to be controlled. This exploit is being used by Tyler Spivy, one of the authors of the project. Many more may exist and through an inspection of the code probably do. Please circulate this to as many people as possible. Thanks.


Disturbing if true. Given some of Tyler's past exploits, well, one would hope he'd grown up since those. If true, this certainly won't help open source in general, NVDA in particular, or future crowdfunding for AT.

--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: 814-860-3194
Mobile: 814-431-0962
Email: buddy@...






Re: A more advanced/evolved SwitchSynth NVDA AddOn?

Tyler Spivey
 

The Switch Synth addon on the NVDA add-ons site does this.

On 10/10/2016 8:08 AM, Gerardo Corripio wrote:
HI listers
As a duallingual user, I use SwitchSynth to on the fly, change between
Eloquence LatinAmerican and American English, but wonder is there a
more-evolved version or something similar to the SwitchSynth that would
allow me to make this on-the-fly synth switching possible with NVDA, and
that incorporates independent volume and voice speed settings for each
language set up? Thanks for info.


A more advanced/evolved SwitchSynth NVDA AddOn?

Gerardo Corripio
 

HI listers
As a duallingual user, I use SwitchSynth to on the fly, change between Eloquence LatinAmerican and American English, but wonder is there a more-evolved version or something similar to the SwitchSynth that would allow me to make this on-the-fly synth switching possible with NVDA, and that incorporates independent volume and voice speed settings for each language set up? Thanks for info.

--
Enviado desde mi lap
Gerardo J Corripio Flores Psicólogo, Terapéuta Reiki
Saludos desde Tampico, Tamaulipas México


Disturbing NVDA Remote Rumor: any ruth or verification?

Buddy Brannan
 

Just saw this on Facebook:

All of my blind NVDA friends: If you have used, currently use or plan on using NVDA remote, I recommend you stop now and remove it. There is at least one exploit where someone can crash a system, whether or not it is enabled to be controlled. This exploit is being used by Tyler Spivy, one of the authors of the project. Many more may exist and through an inspection of the code probably do. Please circulate this to as many people as possible. Thanks.


Disturbing if true. Given some of Tyler's past exploits, well, one would hope he'd grown up since those. If true, this certainly won't help open source in general, NVDA in particular, or future crowdfunding for AT.

--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: 814-860-3194
Mobile: 814-431-0962
Email: buddy@...


Re: browse mode, Re: [nvda] creating a profile

Gary Metzler <gmtravel@...>
 

Yes, that is what I want to do.  I want the say all to read the entire message in wlm but, I don’t want it to read the entire page in ie.  Thanks,
 

From: Quentin Christensen
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2016 5:56 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: browse mode, Re: [nvda] creating a profile
 
Marisane - it might be worth posting your question as a new topic, as people may not see it in here.
 
Gary, you can certainly set up as many profiles as you like, use one across several programs etc.  I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean about say all - do you mean you don't want Internet Explorer to automatically read pages when they load?  You can set that up although that's in Browse mode settings - NVDA+control+b - "Automatic say all on page load".
 
Regards
 
Quentin.
 
On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 7:03 PM, Gary Metzler <gmtravel@...> wrote:
Hi quentin,
 
I have a question can I set up a profile to work in internet explorer to not use the say all command but, still use it in wlm?  Thanks for any help.
 
From: Quentin Christensen
Sent: Sunday, October 9, 2016 10:36 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: browse mode, Re: [nvda] creating a profile
 
Look's like Gary found what he needed, but further to your keys there John (and what you've written will work perfectly), you can also press:
 
NVDA+control+b to jump directly to the dialog.  That works for a number of other NVDA dialogs (not all, but a few), eg NVDA+control+v for voice settings, NVDA+control+k for keyboard settings, NVDA+control+d for document formatting settings etc.
 
Kind regards
 
Quentin.
 
On Sun, Oct 9, 2016 at 4:28 AM, John Sanfilippo <johnsanfilippo@...> wrote:
NVDA n, p, b, should do it.

JS



On 10/8/16 13:21, Gary Metzler  wrote:
> Hi Gene,
>
> I found the browse settings and the check box wasn’t checked.  I checked
> it and now the messages are read to the end.  Thanks again.
>
> *From:* Gene
> *Sent:* Saturday, October 8, 2016 12:55 PM
> *To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io
> *Subject:* Re: [nvda] creating a profile
>
> I doubt this will help but In browse mode settings in NVDA, see if the
> setting that tells NVDA to read page automatically when page loads is
> checked.  It is by default but if it isn't checked, checking it may
> solve the problem.
>
> Gene
>
> *From:* Gary Metzler
> *Sent:* Saturday, October 08, 2016 11:46 AM
> *To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io
> *Subject:* Re: [nvda] creating a profile
>
> I am reading in html.
>
> *From:* Gene
> *Sent:* Saturday, October 8, 2016 12:15 PM
> *To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io
> *Subject:* Re: [nvda] creating a profile
>
> I'm not sure.  I don't think you specified what e-mail program you are
> using.  Also, are you reading mail as plain text or as HTML.
>
> Gene
> ----- Original Message -----
> *From:* Gary Metzler
> *Sent:* Saturday, October 08, 2016 11:10 AM
> *To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io
> *Subject:* Re: [nvda] creating a profile
>
> HI Gene,
>
> When I opened this message it only read the first sentence.  Can this be
> changed?  Thanks,
>
> *From:* Gene
> *Sent:* Saturday, October 8, 2016 8:14 AM
> *To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io
> *Subject:* Re: [nvda] creating a profile
>
> When I open an e-mail message, even though my messages are read
> automatically, I manually issue the read to end command before or at the
> moment reading starts.  I find this more efficient in starting reading
> faster and avoiding material I don't want read.  I have already heard
> the subject line.  If I tell the message to be read manually, this
> material is not spoken again and the message body starts to be read.
> You may have to experiment to see how long to wait before issuing the
> command after opening a message.
>
> There are times when getting in the habit of manually issuing a command
> is superior to having something done automatically unless you know how
> to script a screen-reader to do exactly what you want it to do.  Issuing
> such a command will become automatic over time.
>
> Gene
>
> *From:* Rui Fontes
> *Sent:* Saturday, October 08, 2016 6:53 AM
> *To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io
> *Subject:* Re: [nvda] creating a profile
>
> Sorry, but Windows Live Mail already does that...
> And, a profil is only to set different configurations to an app or action...
>
> What you want to achieve, if it is not already done, will need an
> appmodule...
>
> Rui
>
>
> -----Mensagem Original-----
> De: Gary Metzler
> Data: 8 de outubro de 2016 11:10
> Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io
> Assunto: [nvda] creating a profile
>
>
> Hi All,
>
> Since I am new to nvda I would like to know if it is possible to create a
> profile for windows live mail to read the entire message upon opening it?
> If so, how is this done?  Thanks for any help.Regards, Gary kn4ox
>
>
>
>
>
>





 
--
Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer
Basic Training for NVDA & Microsoft Word with NVDA E-Books now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/



 
--
Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer
Basic Training for NVDA & Microsoft Word with NVDA E-Books now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Direct: +61 413 904 383
www.nvaccess.org 
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess 
Twitter: @NVAccess


Re: about nvda and incompatibility with firefox

Andre Fisher
 

How about sending a log?

On 10/10/16, Mr. Wong Chi Wai, William <@WilliamWai> wrote:
I don't have such a problem..... I don't think your issue is a global
issue.



nasrin khaksar 於 10/10/2016 17:58 寫道:
hello every one.
i tested nvda 2016.2.1 without any problem and for me the
incompatibility is only with nvda 2016.3
i sent a long document about it before in the group.




Re: about nvda and incompatibility with firefox

Mr. Wong Chi Wai <cwwong.pro@...>
 

I don't have such a problem..... I don't think your issue is a global issue.



nasrin khaksar 於 10/10/2016 17:58 寫道:

hello every one.
i tested nvda 2016.2.1 without any problem and for me the
incompatibility is only with nvda 2016.3
i sent a long document about it before in the group.


about nvda and incompatibility with firefox

 

hello every one.
i tested nvda 2016.2.1 without any problem and for me the
incompatibility is only with nvda 2016.3
i sent a long document about it before in the group.

--
we have not sent you but as a mercy to the creation.
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
imam hosein is the beacon of light and the ark of salvation.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
al-islam.org


Re: browse mode, Re: [nvda] creating a profile

Quentin Christensen
 

Marisane - it might be worth posting your question as a new topic, as people may not see it in here.

Gary, you can certainly set up as many profiles as you like, use one across several programs etc.  I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean about say all - do you mean you don't want Internet Explorer to automatically read pages when they load?  You can set that up although that's in Browse mode settings - NVDA+control+b - "Automatic say all on page load".

Regards

Quentin.

On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 7:03 PM, Gary Metzler <gmtravel@...> wrote:
Hi quentin,
 
I have a question can I set up a profile to work in internet explorer to not use the say all command but, still use it in wlm?  Thanks for any help.
 
From: Quentin Christensen
Sent: Sunday, October 9, 2016 10:36 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: browse mode, Re: [nvda] creating a profile
 
Look's like Gary found what he needed, but further to your keys there John (and what you've written will work perfectly), you can also press:
 
NVDA+control+b to jump directly to the dialog.  That works for a number of other NVDA dialogs (not all, but a few), eg NVDA+control+v for voice settings, NVDA+control+k for keyboard settings, NVDA+control+d for document formatting settings etc.
 
Kind regards
 
Quentin.
 
On Sun, Oct 9, 2016 at 4:28 AM, John Sanfilippo <johnsanfilippo@...> wrote:
NVDA n, p, b, should do it.

JS



On 10/8/16 13:21, Gary Metzler  wrote:
> Hi Gene,
>
> I found the browse settings and the check box wasn’t checked.  I checked
> it and now the messages are read to the end.  Thanks again.
>
> *From:* Gene
> *Sent:* Saturday, October 8, 2016 12:55 PM
> *To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io
> *Subject:* Re: [nvda] creating a profile
>
> I doubt this will help but In browse mode settings in NVDA, see if the
> setting that tells NVDA to read page automatically when page loads is
> checked.  It is by default but if it isn't checked, checking it may
> solve the problem.
>
> Gene
>
> *From:* Gary Metzler
> *Sent:* Saturday, October 08, 2016 11:46 AM
> *To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io
> *Subject:* Re: [nvda] creating a profile
>
> I am reading in html.
>
> *From:* Gene
> *Sent:* Saturday, October 8, 2016 12:15 PM
> *To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io
> *Subject:* Re: [nvda] creating a profile
>
> I'm not sure.  I don't think you specified what e-mail program you are
> using.  Also, are you reading mail as plain text or as HTML.
>
> Gene
> ----- Original Message -----
> *From:* Gary Metzler
> *Sent:* Saturday, October 08, 2016 11:10 AM
> *To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io
> *Subject:* Re: [nvda] creating a profile
>
> HI Gene,
>
> When I opened this message it only read the first sentence.  Can this be
> changed?  Thanks,
>
> *From:* Gene
> *Sent:* Saturday, October 8, 2016 8:14 AM
> *To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io
> *Subject:* Re: [nvda] creating a profile
>
> When I open an e-mail message, even though my messages are read
> automatically, I manually issue the read to end command before or at the
> moment reading starts.  I find this more efficient in starting reading
> faster and avoiding material I don't want read.  I have already heard
> the subject line.  If I tell the message to be read manually, this
> material is not spoken again and the message body starts to be read.
> You may have to experiment to see how long to wait before issuing the
> command after opening a message.
>
> There are times when getting in the habit of manually issuing a command
> is superior to having something done automatically unless you know how
> to script a screen-reader to do exactly what you want it to do.  Issuing
> such a command will become automatic over time.
>
> Gene
>
> *From:* Rui Fontes
> *Sent:* Saturday, October 08, 2016 6:53 AM
> *To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io
> *Subject:* Re: [nvda] creating a profile
>
> Sorry, but Windows Live Mail already does that...
> And, a profil is only to set different configurations to an app or action...
>
> What you want to achieve, if it is not already done, will need an
> appmodule...
>
> Rui
>
>
> -----Mensagem Original-----
> De: Gary Metzler
> Data: 8 de outubro de 2016 11:10
> Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io
> Assunto: [nvda] creating a profile
>
>
> Hi All,
>
> Since I am new to nvda I would like to know if it is possible to create a
> profile for windows live mail to read the entire message upon opening it?
> If so, how is this done?  Thanks for any help.Regards, Gary kn4ox
>
>
>
>
>
>





 
--
Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer
Basic Training for NVDA & Microsoft Word with NVDA E-Books now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/




--
Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer
Basic Training for NVDA & Microsoft Word with NVDA E-Books now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Direct: +61 413 904 383
www.nvaccess.org 
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess 
Twitter: @NVAccess 


Re: official address for subscribing to the thunderbird email list

Joe Hunter <joehunter@...>
 

You where almost there try the below subscription


thunderbird-subscribe@...

still put subscribe in the suject line.

On 10/10/2016 06:37, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:
Hi, everyone,


What's the email address to subscribe to the official thunderbird list? I tried


thunderbird@...


and typed "subscribe" in the subject line but that didn't work.


Thanks for your help in advance.


Rosemarie






Re: anyone wanna give this pdf file a shot

Brian's Mail list account BY <bglists@...>
 

A while back I encountered a file where from what I could tell some special other language parts had been imported as graphics into lines of the text. The result of reading this file either left gaps in the spoken text where these were or if read in some of the converters to text, gobbledegook which presumably was either the graphic itself or its name.
I don't think there has ever been a true answer to the many ways people make their pdfs.

Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Vogel" <@britechguy>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2016 12:25 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] anyone wanna give this pdf file a shot


On Sun, Oct 9, 2016 at 04:20 pm, Rui Fontes wrote:


Have you tried with our Vocalizer
Rui,

No, I haven't, but perhaps the original questioner might want to try that. I certainly don't read nor understand spoken Hebrew (or the vast majority of other languages, either, since I'm the standard mono-lingual American) so even if it were being spoken correctly I'd have no idea what was being said.
--
*Brian*

*Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete. If you’re alive, it isn’t.*

~ Lauren Bacall


Re: got locked out of my gmail account in firefox

Brian's Mail list account BY <bglists@...>
 

One thing I found was that cutting and pasting passwords can end up adding spaces to the end and most systems do not like this one bit. Since I've been careful about just cutting and pasting the characters it seems to be reliable.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rosemarie Chavarria" <knitqueen2007@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, October 09, 2016 10:57 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] got locked out of my gmail account in firefox


Hi, Arleen,


No, I don't want to change my username and password. I got locked out when I was trying to sign in.


Rosemarie




On 10/9/2016 9:27 AM, Arlene wrote:
Oh, you want to change the username? I think its where you type in your password I haven't been to the gmail site for some time. I've seen it where you can change your username and password. I'll have to go look either tomorrow or later today.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Antony Stone
Sent: October-09-16 9:25 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] got locked out of my gmail account in firefox

I know how to change the gmail password, but where can I change the username, please?

Antony.

On Sunday 09 October 2016 at 15:47:50, Nevzat Adil wrote:

You'll need to reset your username or password.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Rosemarie Chavarria" <knitqueen2007@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, October 08, 2016 10:38 PM
Subject: [nvda] got locked out of my gmail account in firefox

Hi, everyone,

How do I find my gmail account in firefox? I got locked out. What I
want to do si practice using the online gmail site. I just listened
to the tutorial on gmail and it's great but now I'm locked out of my account.
--
This email was created using 100% recycled electrons.

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.






Re: Opening attached files in Firefox

Brian's Mail list account BY <bglists@...>
 

Its like this strange problem with bbc I player where the yes and no buttons whether you have a tv licence can be accesed. In firefox they apear to be overlaid on the page and vansh if you try to get to them, in IE they are in the page and can be clicked just like buttons and links anywhere else. Its all very strange indeed.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Arlene" <nedster66@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, October 09, 2016 7:52 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Opening attached files in Firefox


I get that once in awhile with it and IE I don’t know why that is.



From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: October-09-16 9:44 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Opening attached files in Firefox



Arlene,

I am using Windows 10 at the moment, but I've had brief periods of "Not Responding" with Firefox and other programs at least since Windows 7. I don't know whether screen readers catch/announce this state change in the window frame when it occurs or not or whether it might be an accident of switching focus to something else and back again that might cause the "Not Responding," which is enclosed in parentheses, to read.
--
Brian

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete. If you’re alive, it isn’t.

~ Lauren Bacall