Date   

Re: Problem with NVDA and UAC dialogs after Anniversary Update

 

Hi,
Even pressing Alt+Y doesn't help, and how about restarting your computer?
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Christo de Klerk
Sent: Tuesday, August 9, 2016 12:24 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Problem with NVDA and UAC dialogs after Anniversary Update

Hi Joseph

I can't, because I can't do anything on that computer; the UAC dialog is there all the time, I can't get it out of the way. I can run Narrator, but I still can't get around the UAC dialog. It must be a modal window that one cannot get rid of.

Regards

Christo


On 2016/08/09 9:03 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
Hmmm... Let's try this: download latest snapshot again, then run Narrator and try installing NVDA while Narrator is running.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Christo de Klerk
Sent: Monday, August 8, 2016 11:58 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Problem with NVDA and UAC dialogs after Anniversary
Update

Hello Joseph

Ok, I brought the conversation to this list and I have copied our correspondence below for your reference.

In response to your question, yes, it is an installed copy of the latest snapshot of NVDA. My problem is that, when I start up the laptop, it automatically tries to run NVDA and then goes into this loop; it doesn't matter if I respond with Yes or No. This means I can't get to do anything on the machine. I thought that, if I could at least get into the File Explorer, I could delete the NVDA executable, so that it can't try to open. My goodness, this is such a mess; I hope you have some advice for me.

Kind regards

Christo

Correspondence below:

Hi,
This is odd indeed...
Is this with an installed copy of NVDA? If so, this should not cause issues you've described. Sounds like NVDA is trying to run the installer without realizing that it's already installed (that's one possibility).
If you don't mind, let's talk about this on the NVDA mailing list.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf
Of Christo de Klerk
Sent: Monday, August 8, 2016 12:17 PM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] After Anniversary Update NVDA no longer reads UAC
pop-up dialogs

Joseph

On my laptop I now moved the level up to 2 (67%), but I got myself into a strange and very serious situation. When NVDA starts, the UAC dialog pops up and it is spoken, but I can't get out of it. Whether I press Yes or No, the dialog keeps coming back. It goes into a loop and I can't do anything else on my computer. I can't even close NVDA to get Narrator up to change the UAC level. The dialog keeps coming back all the time. The computer is absolutely unusable. Do you have any idea how I can get out of the loop and get to the place where I can bring down the UAC level again. I really have no idea what to do. Please help. I hope you can.

Kind regards

Christo


On 2016/08/08 8:53 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
As for why UAC keeps asking for permission whenever NVDA runs, I don't know.
As for UAC not reading properly if level is set to 1: this is a known problem. NV Access is aware of this issue as we speak.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf
Of Christo de Klerk
Sent: Monday, August 8, 2016 11:47 AM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] After Anniversary Update NVDA no longer reads UAC
pop-up dialogs

Hi Joseph

Thank you for the response. It makes sense then. I will change the level and try again. On my desktop the level is 1 (33%). On my laptop the level is 0 (0%). I had it on 33%, but for some reason then, every time NVDA started, the UAC dialog popped up requesting permission, so I dragged it down to 0% and that issue went away. Do you have any idea why this was happening?

Thank you so much for always being ready to assist.

Kind regards

Christo


On 2016/08/08 8:35 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
For those experiencing this problem: what is your UAC level set to? To find out, go to Control Panel/User Accounts/change User Account Control Settings and you should see a slider. In order for UAC fix to work correctly, UAC level must be set to level 2 (67%) or higher.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf
Of Christo de Klerk
Sent: Monday, August 8, 2016 6:40 AM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] After Anniversary Update NVDA no longer reads UAC
pop-up dialogs

Hi Joseph

I am glad this matter is receiving attention, but I have to say that I am using the latest snapshot and it is definitely not reading the content of the UAC dialogs. I am using Version: next-13485,10f249e8.

Kind regards

Christo


On 2016/08/08 10:12 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
Ah yes, it was a pleasure to investigate this issue a few weeks ago. Fix included as part of 2016.3 (latest master and next snapshots contains the fix).
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf
Of Christo de Klerk
Sent: Monday, August 8, 2016 1:02 AM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: [win10] After Anniversary Update NVDA no longer reads UAC
pop-up dialogs

Hello all

I have noticed on both my computers that after the Anniversary Update NVDA no longer speak the User Access Control dialogs which pop up to ask your permission to do certain things. I know one can simply type Alt+y for yes or Alt+n for no, but one never knows what else might be shown in such a pop-up. Dos anyone know of a fix for this?

Kind regards

Christo
































Re: Problem with NVDA and UAC dialogs after Anniversary Update

Christo de Klerk
 

Hi Joseph

I can't, because I can't do anything on that computer; the UAC dialog is there all the time, I can't get it out of the way. I can run Narrator, but I still can't get around the UAC dialog. It must be a modal window that one cannot get rid of.

Regards

Christo

On 2016/08/09 9:03 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
Hmmm... Let's try this: download latest snapshot again, then run Narrator and try installing NVDA while Narrator is running.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Christo de Klerk
Sent: Monday, August 8, 2016 11:58 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Problem with NVDA and UAC dialogs after Anniversary Update

Hello Joseph

Ok, I brought the conversation to this list and I have copied our correspondence below for your reference.

In response to your question, yes, it is an installed copy of the latest snapshot of NVDA. My problem is that, when I start up the laptop, it automatically tries to run NVDA and then goes into this loop; it doesn't matter if I respond with Yes or No. This means I can't get to do anything on the machine. I thought that, if I could at least get into the File Explorer, I could delete the NVDA executable, so that it can't try to open. My goodness, this is such a mess; I hope you have some advice for me.

Kind regards

Christo

Correspondence below:

Hi,
This is odd indeed...
Is this with an installed copy of NVDA? If so, this should not cause issues you've described. Sounds like NVDA is trying to run the installer without realizing that it's already installed (that's one possibility).
If you don't mind, let's talk about this on the NVDA mailing list.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf Of Christo de Klerk
Sent: Monday, August 8, 2016 12:17 PM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] After Anniversary Update NVDA no longer reads UAC pop-up dialogs

Joseph

On my laptop I now moved the level up to 2 (67%), but I got myself into a strange and very serious situation. When NVDA starts, the UAC dialog pops up and it is spoken, but I can't get out of it. Whether I press Yes or No, the dialog keeps coming back. It goes into a loop and I can't do anything else on my computer. I can't even close NVDA to get Narrator up to change the UAC level. The dialog keeps coming back all the time. The computer is absolutely unusable. Do you have any idea how I can get out of the loop and get to the place where I can bring down the UAC level again. I really have no idea what to do. Please help. I hope you can.

Kind regards

Christo


On 2016/08/08 8:53 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
As for why UAC keeps asking for permission whenever NVDA runs, I don't know.
As for UAC not reading properly if level is set to 1: this is a known problem. NV Access is aware of this issue as we speak.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf Of Christo de Klerk
Sent: Monday, August 8, 2016 11:47 AM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] After Anniversary Update NVDA no longer reads UAC pop-up dialogs

Hi Joseph

Thank you for the response. It makes sense then. I will change the level and try again. On my desktop the level is 1 (33%). On my laptop the level is 0 (0%). I had it on 33%, but for some reason then, every time NVDA started, the UAC dialog popped up requesting permission, so I dragged it down to 0% and that issue went away. Do you have any idea why this was happening?

Thank you so much for always being ready to assist.

Kind regards

Christo


On 2016/08/08 8:35 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
For those experiencing this problem: what is your UAC level set to? To find out, go to Control Panel/User Accounts/change User Account Control Settings and you should see a slider. In order for UAC fix to work correctly, UAC level must be set to level 2 (67%) or higher.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf Of Christo de Klerk
Sent: Monday, August 8, 2016 6:40 AM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] After Anniversary Update NVDA no longer reads UAC pop-up dialogs

Hi Joseph

I am glad this matter is receiving attention, but I have to say that I am using the latest snapshot and it is definitely not reading the content of the UAC dialogs. I am using Version: next-13485,10f249e8.

Kind regards

Christo


On 2016/08/08 10:12 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
Ah yes, it was a pleasure to investigate this issue a few weeks ago. Fix included as part of 2016.3 (latest master and next snapshots contains the fix).
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf Of Christo de Klerk
Sent: Monday, August 8, 2016 1:02 AM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: [win10] After Anniversary Update NVDA no longer reads UAC pop-up dialogs

Hello all

I have noticed on both my computers that after the Anniversary Update NVDA no longer speak the User Access Control dialogs which pop up to ask your permission to do certain things. I know one can simply type Alt+y for yes or Alt+n for no, but one never knows what else might be shown in such a pop-up. Dos anyone know of a fix for this?

Kind regards

Christo































Re: Problem with NVDA and UAC dialogs after Anniversary Update

 

Hi,
Hmmm... Let's try this: download latest snapshot again, then run Narrator and try installing NVDA while Narrator is running.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Christo de Klerk
Sent: Monday, August 8, 2016 11:58 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Problem with NVDA and UAC dialogs after Anniversary Update

Hello Joseph

Ok, I brought the conversation to this list and I have copied our correspondence below for your reference.

In response to your question, yes, it is an installed copy of the latest snapshot of NVDA. My problem is that, when I start up the laptop, it automatically tries to run NVDA and then goes into this loop; it doesn't matter if I respond with Yes or No. This means I can't get to do anything on the machine. I thought that, if I could at least get into the File Explorer, I could delete the NVDA executable, so that it can't try to open. My goodness, this is such a mess; I hope you have some advice for me.

Kind regards

Christo

Correspondence below:

Hi,
This is odd indeed...
Is this with an installed copy of NVDA? If so, this should not cause issues you've described. Sounds like NVDA is trying to run the installer without realizing that it's already installed (that's one possibility).
If you don't mind, let's talk about this on the NVDA mailing list.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf Of Christo de Klerk
Sent: Monday, August 8, 2016 12:17 PM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] After Anniversary Update NVDA no longer reads UAC pop-up dialogs

Joseph

On my laptop I now moved the level up to 2 (67%), but I got myself into a strange and very serious situation. When NVDA starts, the UAC dialog pops up and it is spoken, but I can't get out of it. Whether I press Yes or No, the dialog keeps coming back. It goes into a loop and I can't do anything else on my computer. I can't even close NVDA to get Narrator up to change the UAC level. The dialog keeps coming back all the time. The computer is absolutely unusable. Do you have any idea how I can get out of the loop and get to the place where I can bring down the UAC level again. I really have no idea what to do. Please help. I hope you can.

Kind regards

Christo


On 2016/08/08 8:53 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
As for why UAC keeps asking for permission whenever NVDA runs, I don't know.
As for UAC not reading properly if level is set to 1: this is a known problem. NV Access is aware of this issue as we speak.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf Of Christo de Klerk
Sent: Monday, August 8, 2016 11:47 AM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] After Anniversary Update NVDA no longer reads UAC pop-up dialogs

Hi Joseph

Thank you for the response. It makes sense then. I will change the level and try again. On my desktop the level is 1 (33%). On my laptop the level is 0 (0%). I had it on 33%, but for some reason then, every time NVDA started, the UAC dialog popped up requesting permission, so I dragged it down to 0% and that issue went away. Do you have any idea why this was happening?

Thank you so much for always being ready to assist.

Kind regards

Christo


On 2016/08/08 8:35 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
For those experiencing this problem: what is your UAC level set to? To find out, go to Control Panel/User Accounts/change User Account Control Settings and you should see a slider. In order for UAC fix to work correctly, UAC level must be set to level 2 (67%) or higher.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf Of Christo de Klerk
Sent: Monday, August 8, 2016 6:40 AM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] After Anniversary Update NVDA no longer reads UAC pop-up dialogs

Hi Joseph

I am glad this matter is receiving attention, but I have to say that I am using the latest snapshot and it is definitely not reading the content of the UAC dialogs. I am using Version: next-13485,10f249e8.

Kind regards

Christo


On 2016/08/08 10:12 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
Ah yes, it was a pleasure to investigate this issue a few weeks ago. Fix included as part of 2016.3 (latest master and next snapshots contains the fix).
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf Of Christo de Klerk
Sent: Monday, August 8, 2016 1:02 AM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: [win10] After Anniversary Update NVDA no longer reads UAC pop-up dialogs

Hello all

I have noticed on both my computers that after the Anniversary Update NVDA no longer speak the User Access Control dialogs which pop up to ask your permission to do certain things. I know one can simply type Alt+y for yes or Alt+n for no, but one never knows what else might be shown in such a pop-up. Dos anyone know of a fix for this?

Kind regards

Christo


Re: who knows where i can download ribbondisabler v3?

P. Otter
 

hello, i know this site allready, but the only i can download is version 2 and not version 3.0.0.1

they talk about the new version without a download link.

or do i make a mistake?

cheers

paul otter



Op 9-8-2016 om 07:17 schreef Gene New Zealand:

I have not downloaded from this site, but it looks like the version you
want at http://winaero.com/comment.php?comment.news.20

Gene nz



On 9/08/2016 5:01 PM, P. Otter wrote:
hello all,

from this forum i've found ribbondisabler but i've version 2.

when i go to the site, i only can find the download for version 2 or
version 2.5.

they tell me on the same site there is a version 3 availlable. when i
use windows 10 with the newest update, i have to use v3 else i get a
black screen.

so who can post the link for version 3 of the ribbondisabler?

thanks in advance

paul otter





Problem with NVDA and UAC dialogs after Anniversary Update

Christo de Klerk
 

Hello Joseph

Ok, I brought the conversation to this list and I have copied our correspondence below for your reference.

In response to your question, yes, it is an installed copy of the latest snapshot of NVDA. My problem is that, when I start up the laptop, it automatically tries to run NVDA and then goes into this loop; it doesn't matter if I respond with Yes or No. This means I can't get to do anything on the machine. I thought that, if I could at least get into the File Explorer, I could delete the NVDA executable, so that it can't try to open. My goodness, this is such a mess; I hope you have some advice for me.

Kind regards

Christo

Correspondence below:

Hi,
This is odd indeed...
Is this with an installed copy of NVDA? If so, this should not cause issues you've described. Sounds like NVDA is trying to run the installer without realizing that it's already installed (that's one possibility).
If you don't mind, let's talk about this on the NVDA mailing list.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf Of Christo de Klerk
Sent: Monday, August 8, 2016 12:17 PM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] After Anniversary Update NVDA no longer reads UAC pop-up dialogs

Joseph

On my laptop I now moved the level up to 2 (67%), but I got myself into a strange and very serious situation. When NVDA starts, the UAC dialog pops up and it is spoken, but I can't get out of it. Whether I press Yes or No, the dialog keeps coming back. It goes into a loop and I can't do anything else on my computer. I can't even close NVDA to get Narrator up to change the UAC level. The dialog keeps coming back all the time. The computer is absolutely unusable. Do you have any idea how I can get out of the loop and get to the place where I can bring down the UAC level again. I really have no idea what to do. Please help. I hope you can.

Kind regards

Christo


On 2016/08/08 8:53 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
As for why UAC keeps asking for permission whenever NVDA runs, I don't know.
As for UAC not reading properly if level is set to 1: this is a known problem. NV Access is aware of this issue as we speak.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf
Of Christo de Klerk
Sent: Monday, August 8, 2016 11:47 AM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] After Anniversary Update NVDA no longer reads UAC
pop-up dialogs

Hi Joseph

Thank you for the response. It makes sense then. I will change the level and try again. On my desktop the level is 1 (33%). On my laptop the level is 0 (0%). I had it on 33%, but for some reason then, every time NVDA started, the UAC dialog popped up requesting permission, so I dragged it down to 0% and that issue went away. Do you have any idea why this was happening?

Thank you so much for always being ready to assist.

Kind regards

Christo


On 2016/08/08 8:35 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
For those experiencing this problem: what is your UAC level set to? To find out, go to Control Panel/User Accounts/change User Account Control Settings and you should see a slider. In order for UAC fix to work correctly, UAC level must be set to level 2 (67%) or higher.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf
Of Christo de Klerk
Sent: Monday, August 8, 2016 6:40 AM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] After Anniversary Update NVDA no longer reads
UAC pop-up dialogs

Hi Joseph

I am glad this matter is receiving attention, but I have to say that I am using the latest snapshot and it is definitely not reading the content of the UAC dialogs. I am using Version: next-13485,10f249e8.

Kind regards

Christo


On 2016/08/08 10:12 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
Ah yes, it was a pleasure to investigate this issue a few weeks ago. Fix included as part of 2016.3 (latest master and next snapshots contains the fix).
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf
Of Christo de Klerk
Sent: Monday, August 8, 2016 1:02 AM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: [win10] After Anniversary Update NVDA no longer reads UAC
pop-up dialogs

Hello all

I have noticed on both my computers that after the Anniversary Update NVDA no longer speak the User Access Control dialogs which pop up to ask your permission to do certain things. I know one can simply type Alt+y for yes or Alt+n for no, but one never knows what else might be shown in such a pop-up. Dos anyone know of a fix for this?

Kind regards

Christo


Re: who knows where i can download ribbondisabler v3?

Kenny Dog <hurrikennyandopo@...>
 

I have not downloaded from this site, but it looks like the version you
want at http://winaero.com/comment.php?comment.news.20

Gene nz

On 9/08/2016 5:01 PM, P. Otter wrote:
hello all,

from this forum i've found ribbondisabler but i've version 2.

when i go to the site, i only can find the download for version 2 or
version 2.5.

they tell me on the same site there is a version 3 availlable. when i
use windows 10 with the newest update, i have to use v3 else i get a
black screen.

so who can post the link for version 3 of the ribbondisabler?

thanks in advance

paul otter




--
Check out my website for nvda tutorials and other blindness related material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net


Re: Software Uninstallers

afrim maja <afrim.maja@...>
 

I'm glad it works for you Kevin, I may post a short review on the group to introduce it to people.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 8, 2016, at 11:19 PM, Kevin Cussick via Groups.io <the.big.white.shepherd=googlemail.com@groups.io> wrote:

thanks very much this even beats the other program that I recommended, thanks again.

On 08/08/2016 21:14, Kevin Cussick via Groups.is wrote:
Yes please this would be good is it free or not? thanks in advance.

On 08/08/2016 05:59, Afrim wrote:
Hello,
I personally use Uninstaller from Puran Utilities, which is the most
accessible uninstaller I've ever seen.
If you'd like, I could give a link.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 7, 2016, at 4:20 PM, Carlos <gmjc341961@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello All!

Thank You! To everyone who suggested Bulk Crap Uninstaller as a
replacement for REVO Uninstaller.

Bulk Crap Uninstaller works great with NVDA! So, all who are not
happy with REVO can go ahead and say goodbye to REVO and use Bulk
Crap Uninstaller!

Thank You! To all who responded to the REVO is Inaccessible thread
and gave suggestions about better uninstaller software!



--
Carlos Gonzalez - Los Angeles, CA. - gmjc341961@gmail.com


who knows where i can download ribbondisabler v3?

P. Otter
 

hello all,

from this forum i've found ribbondisabler but i've version 2.

when i go to the site, i only can find the download for version 2 or version 2.5.

they tell me on the same site there is a version 3 availlable. when i use windows 10 with the newest update, i have to use v3 else i get a black screen.

so who can post the link for version 3 of the ribbondisabler?

thanks in advance

paul otter


don't read, it's a testmail

P. Otter
 

testing


Re: Beware anniversary update for...

ken lawrence
 

Hi list just installed the anniversary update yesterday.  have no problems with live mail.  it doesn't seem to read the edge browser right like blind bargains had suggested, but that might be because NVDA and or jaws must be updated first.  today someone on this list told me during a game chat on out of sight that there is a developers update to NVDA since no update has come up when I hit check for updates I'm guessin    g that any update is forthcoming.  haven't scanned with defendor yet but so far update works fine.                                         


Re: Reading boxes in Microsoft Word

Quentin Christensen
 

Text boxes are a bit fiddly in word.  The easiest thing to do is actually create a new text box (alt+n, x, enter) then press escape ONCE which takes the focus out of the text in the new text box but leaves the text box itself selected.  Finally press TAB - this moves focus between any text boxes and other objects (pictures etc) in the document.

If a text box is created "inline", it is possible to get to it with NVDA - it will be announced as "slash" in the middle of the surrounding text.  When you get to that select it with shift+right arrow then you should be able to read it and / or move to others.  Most text boxes aren't created inline - they're not by default and really it defeats the purpose of them which is to have a box of text you can dump anywhere on the page.

I would recommend not using text boxes for anything anyone is creating, and instead look at using tables or indent to position things.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Aug 9, 2016 at 5:58 AM, Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...> wrote:
Hi


Not as in a text box? I am not sure if NVDA can interact with them I
would have to have a play and see if it can be done.


If you at least point me in the right direction under which menus I can
have a sus. There might even be  ticket for it if it is them.


Gene nz



On 9/08/2016 2:21 AM, Kevin Huber wrote:
> Hi Gene:
> These graphics that I am speaking about are boxes wich have text in them.
> Kevin Huber
>
> On 7/29/16, Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@....nz> wrote:
>> Hi Kevin
>>
>>
>> I just had a look at a microsoft word tutorial I am putting together
>> even in browse mode as well as focus mode it will read the picture in
>> it. If there is no ALT text put into it you will just hear graphic.
>>
>> I did put ALT text into my graphic/photo, so that is why it is read out.
>>
>>
>> Is the graphic picture or what ever it is on the web they might not have
>> put in ALT text to say what the graphic/photo etc is about.
>>
>>
>> Gene nz
>>
>>
>> I think with a table if there was alt text you had to use the NVDA key +
>> the letter D in the master snapshot.
>>
>>
>> Gene nz
>>
>>
>>
>> On 30/07/2016 3:30 AM, Kevin Huber wrote:
>>> Hi:
>>>
>>> I have a Microsoft Word document with graphics contained in it.  These
>>> graphics contain text.  How can I read the text within these graphics
>>> using NVDA.
>>> Kevin Huber
>>>
>>>
>>>
>> --
>> Check out my website for nvda tutorials and other blindness related material
>> at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>

--
Check out my website for nvda tutorials and other blindness related material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net







--
Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer
Basic Training for NVDA E-Book now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Direct: +61 413 904 383
www.nvaccess.org 
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess 
Twitter: @NVAccess 


Re: Accessibility of Salesforce with NVDA

Kenny Dog <hurrikennyandopo@...>
 

Hi Charlie


The previous email came through but I am not sure if or how many people have heard of it and what it does. I know it is a first for me. I did not see a website that referred to it in the email either.


Some people are also weary of links that are posted to a website.
Unless they have been sent by some one on the list that they have read there messages from.

Gene nz

On 8/08/2016 9:02 PM, Charlie Coyle wrote:
Hello all,

Sorry to repost - my original email didn't seem to get through for some reason.

I hope you don't mind me posting here regarding this.

My name is Charlie and I work for Visionary - a charity which connects local sight loss charities in the UK. Our organisation are looking into using Salesforce and we were wondering if you'd be happy to share your knowledge and expertise with us on this software. Please find the questions we were hoping to get answers to below:
1. What version/s of Salesforce have you tested with which version/s of NVDA?
2. What tasks have you undertaken using it?
3. How easy have you found to use it?
4. What training were you offered (if appropriate)? What's your experience of rolling it out to staff? Learning from it?
5. What workarounds (if any) have you needed to use?
6. Was any functionality lost if using NVDA?
7.	Is all functionality available using keyboard only? Or with speech control software like Dragon Naturally Speaking?
8.	Overall, would you recommend it as a viable solution for access technology users? If so, why? If not, why not?

Any help you could give us on this would be very greatly appreciated!

With best wishes,

Charlie

Charlie Coyle
Development and Innovation Coordinator
Visionary - linking local sight loss charities

Email: charlie.coyle@...
Website: www.visionary.org.uk
Registered Charity No's. 1135360 SC044163 A Company Limited by Guarantee No. 07185372 Registered in England and Wales Registered Office: CBI House, St Vincent's School, Yew Tree Lane, Liverpool, L12 9HN
NOTICE: The information contained in this email and any attachments is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient you should not use, disclose, distribute or copy any of the content of it or of any attachment; you are requested to notify the sender immediately and then to delete it and any attachments from your system.
Please note that the statements and views expressed in this email and any attachments are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Visionary - linking local sight loss charities.
"Visionary" is the operating name of Visionary - linking local sight loss charities Limited, Registered Office: CBI House, St Vincent's School, Yew Tree Lane, Liverpool, L12 9HN Registered Charity No.1135360 / SC044163 Company Registered No. 071853






-- 
Check out my website for nvda tutorials and other blindness related material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net


Re: Software Uninstallers

Kevin Cussick
 

thanks very much this even beats the other program that I recommended, thanks again.

On 08/08/2016 21:14, Kevin Cussick via Groups.is wrote:
Yes please this would be good is it free or not? thanks in advance.

On 08/08/2016 05:59, Afrim wrote:
Hello,
I personally use Uninstaller from Puran Utilities, which is the most
accessible uninstaller I've ever seen.
If you'd like, I could give a link.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 7, 2016, at 4:20 PM, Carlos <gmjc341961@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello All!

Thank You! To everyone who suggested Bulk Crap Uninstaller as a
replacement for REVO Uninstaller.

Bulk Crap Uninstaller works great with NVDA! So, all who are not
happy with REVO can go ahead and say goodbye to REVO and use Bulk
Crap Uninstaller!

Thank You! To all who responded to the REVO is Inaccessible thread
and gave suggestions about better uninstaller software!



--
Carlos Gonzalez - Los Angeles, CA. - gmjc341961@gmail.com





Re: Software Uninstallers

Kevin Cussick
 

I have downloaded this little program and will take it for a spin later, looks a very good sight thanks.

On 08/08/2016 06:25, Carlos wrote:
Hello:

Accessible software recommendations are always welcome on this list!

Thank You! For sharing any accessible software tips/recommendations!



On 8/7/2016 9:59 PM, Afrim wrote:
Hello,
I personally use Uninstaller from Puran Utilities, which is the most
accessible uninstaller I've ever seen.
If you'd like, I could give a link.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 7, 2016, at 4:20 PM, Carlos <gmjc341961@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello All!

Thank You! To everyone who suggested Bulk Crap Uninstaller as a
replacement for REVO Uninstaller.

Bulk Crap Uninstaller works great with NVDA! So, all who are not
happy with REVO can go ahead and say goodbye to REVO and use Bulk
Crap Uninstaller!

Thank You! To all who responded to the REVO is Inaccessible
thread and gave suggestions about better uninstaller software!



--
Carlos Gonzalez - Los Angeles, CA. - gmjc341961@gmail.com




Re: Software Uninstallers

Kevin Cussick
 

Yes please this would be good is it free or not? thanks in advance.

On 08/08/2016 05:59, Afrim wrote:
Hello,
I personally use Uninstaller from Puran Utilities, which is the most accessible uninstaller I've ever seen.
If you'd like, I could give a link.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 7, 2016, at 4:20 PM, Carlos <gmjc341961@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello All!

Thank You! To everyone who suggested Bulk Crap Uninstaller as a replacement for REVO Uninstaller.

Bulk Crap Uninstaller works great with NVDA! So, all who are not happy with REVO can go ahead and say goodbye to REVO and use Bulk Crap Uninstaller!

Thank You! To all who responded to the REVO is Inaccessible thread and gave suggestions about better uninstaller software!



--
Carlos Gonzalez - Los Angeles, CA. - gmjc341961@gmail.com




Re: EDITING HEADERS IN OFFICE 2010

Kenny Dog <hurrikennyandopo@...>
 

Hi


If you are interested I posted up the Microsoft word basics tutorial last night along with the shortcuts for word 2010 and 2013

It should be enough to get some one up and running with the basics hopefully and mor could probably be added at a later date.

The page is off the nvda tutorials for other programs page on my website at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net


At present I am susing out one for excel but am not a user of it really I guess you could say also that one will be the basics of navigating etc.


Gene nz




On 6/08/2016 12:41 AM, Christo Vorster wrote:

Hi Gene

 

Thanks a million. I’d appreciate it to lay my hands on those shortcuts.

 

If you’re a rugby fan, may the best team win tomorrow

 

Regards

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene New Zealand
Sent: Friday, 05 August 2016 12:15 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] EDITING HEADERS IN OFFICE 2010

 

Hi Christo

 

In the next day or so maybe earlier hopefully I will  upload   it to my website what is done so far.  There is about 3 pages left to edit   then upload it in a html format to my website at http://www.accessibilitycentral.netThe page the tutorial will be linked to will be the nvda tutorials for other programs page.

 

I was not sure how much to put into it it is more to get some one up and running like i did with power point 2010.

 

I can let you know when it goes up and what it is called. There is about 10 pages or is it more plus shortcuts for power word 1010 and 2013 which will be linked to a dropbox account.

 

Gene nz

 

 

On 4/08/2016 7:11 PM, Christo Vorster wrote:

Hi Geen

 

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll test it. As far as your tutorial on Word goes, I’d appreciate it if you can send me a copy. You can mail it to my personal mailing address, Christo.vorster@...

 

Thanks again

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene New Zealand
Sent: Tuesday, 02 August 2016 11:29 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] EDITING HEADERS IN OFFICE 2010

 

Hi Christo

 

I have the same version of microsoft word. I also tried the same sequence for word 2010, but not the earlier version.

I can confirm what you said for the 2010 version. some times it works and other times it does not. It seems to be on how quick or slow I do it wheather it wants to do it or not.

 

the word around that seem to work is a couple of extra steps.

 

Press the ALT key + letter N, then H. This will land you on a bland header. Shift tab a couple of times until you get to the part where it says edit the header then press the enter key make your changes then press enter key then the escape key. Doing it this way I can edit the header and change it if I want to .

 

I am learning my self how to do it so have been putting together a basic tutorial on using the basics of word and putting in a header and footer and editing them is part of it.

 

Hopefully the above helps.

 

I did not try it with a master snapshot it might of been fixed in that?:?

 

Gene nz

 

 

 

On 2/08/2016 5:22 PM, Christo Vorster wrote:

Hi Group

 

We are using Office 2010 with NVDA 2016.2.1 for training at our college.

 

We have a problem with editing a header in MS Word. If you press the Office 2010 sequence, ALT, N, H, E, NVDA falls silent. It refuses to speak even after you pressed escape. If you make use of the 2003 sequence, ALT+V, H, there is no problem.

 

Could someone please assist us?

 

Thank you and regards

 

Christo Vorster (Worcester, South Africa)

 

 




-- 
Check out my website for nvda tutorials and other blindness related material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net



-- 
Check out my website for nvda tutorials and other blindness related material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net

-- 
Check out my website for nvda tutorials and other blindness related material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net


Re: Reading boxes in Microsoft Word

Kenny Dog <hurrikennyandopo@...>
 

Hi


Not as in a text box? I am not sure if NVDA can interact with them I
would have to have a play and see if it can be done.


If you at least point me in the right direction under which menus I can
have a sus. There might even be ticket for it if it is them.


Gene nz

On 9/08/2016 2:21 AM, Kevin Huber wrote:
Hi Gene:
These graphics that I am speaking about are boxes wich have text in them.
Kevin Huber

On 7/29/16, Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@outlook.co.nz> wrote:
Hi Kevin


I just had a look at a microsoft word tutorial I am putting together
even in browse mode as well as focus mode it will read the picture in
it. If there is no ALT text put into it you will just hear graphic.

I did put ALT text into my graphic/photo, so that is why it is read out.


Is the graphic picture or what ever it is on the web they might not have
put in ALT text to say what the graphic/photo etc is about.


Gene nz


I think with a table if there was alt text you had to use the NVDA key +
the letter D in the master snapshot.


Gene nz



On 30/07/2016 3:30 AM, Kevin Huber wrote:
Hi:

I have a Microsoft Word document with graphics contained in it. These
graphics contain text. How can I read the text within these graphics
using NVDA.
Kevin Huber


--
Check out my website for nvda tutorials and other blindness related material
at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net




--
Check out my website for nvda tutorials and other blindness related material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net


Re: Accessibility of Salesforce with NVDA

Kenny Dog <hurrikennyandopo@...>
 

Hi Charlie


The previous email came through but I am not sure if or how many people
have heard of it and what it does. I know it is a first for me. I did
not see a website that referred to it in the email either.


Some people are also weary of links that are posted to a website.
Unless they have been sent by some one on the list that they have read
there messages from.

Gene nz

On 8/08/2016 9:02 PM, Charlie Coyle wrote:
Hello all,

Sorry to repost - my original email didn't seem to get through for some reason.

I hope you don't mind me posting here regarding this.

My name is Charlie and I work for Visionary - a charity which connects local sight loss charities in the UK. Our organisation are looking into using Salesforce and we were wondering if you'd be happy to share your knowledge and expertise with us on this software. Please find the questions we were hoping to get answers to below:
1. What version/s of Salesforce have you tested with which version/s of NVDA?
2. What tasks have you undertaken using it?
3. How easy have you found to use it?
4. What training were you offered (if appropriate)? What's your experience of rolling it out to staff? Learning from it?
5. What workarounds (if any) have you needed to use?
6. Was any functionality lost if using NVDA?
7. Is all functionality available using keyboard only? Or with speech control software like Dragon Naturally Speaking?
8. Overall, would you recommend it as a viable solution for access technology users? If so, why? If not, why not?

Any help you could give us on this would be very greatly appreciated!

With best wishes,

Charlie

Charlie Coyle
Development and Innovation Coordinator
Visionary - linking local sight loss charities

Email: charlie.coyle@visionary.org.uk
Website: www.visionary.org.uk
Registered Charity No's. 1135360 SC044163 A Company Limited by Guarantee No. 07185372 Registered in England and Wales Registered Office: CBI House, St Vincent's School, Yew Tree Lane, Liverpool, L12 9HN
NOTICE: The information contained in this email and any attachments is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient you should not use, disclose, distribute or copy any of the content of it or of any attachment; you are requested to notify the sender immediately and then to delete it and any attachments from your system.
Please note that the statements and views expressed in this email and any attachments are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Visionary - linking local sight loss charities.
"Visionary" is the operating name of Visionary - linking local sight loss charities Limited, Registered Office: CBI House, St Vincent's School, Yew Tree Lane, Liverpool, L12 9HN Registered Charity No.1135360 / SC044163 Company Registered No. 071853




--
Check out my website for nvda tutorials and other blindness related material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net


Re: Accessibility of Salesforce with NVDA

Kenny Dog <hurrikennyandopo@...>
 

Hi Charlie


The previous email came through but I am not sure if or how many people
have heard of it and what it does. I know it is a first for me. I did
not see a website that referred to it in the email either.


Some people are also weary of links that are posted to a website.
Unless they have been sent by some one on the list that they have read
there messages from.

Gene nz

On 8/08/2016 9:02 PM, Charlie Coyle wrote:
Hello all,

Sorry to repost - my original email didn't seem to get through for some reason.

I hope you don't mind me posting here regarding this.

My name is Charlie and I work for Visionary - a charity which connects local sight loss charities in the UK. Our organisation are looking into using Salesforce and we were wondering if you'd be happy to share your knowledge and expertise with us on this software. Please find the questions we were hoping to get answers to below:
1. What version/s of Salesforce have you tested with which version/s of NVDA?
2. What tasks have you undertaken using it?
3. How easy have you found to use it?
4. What training were you offered (if appropriate)? What's your experience of rolling it out to staff? Learning from it?
5. What workarounds (if any) have you needed to use?
6. Was any functionality lost if using NVDA?
7. Is all functionality available using keyboard only? Or with speech control software like Dragon Naturally Speaking?
8. Overall, would you recommend it as a viable solution for access technology users? If so, why? If not, why not?

Any help you could give us on this would be very greatly appreciated!

With best wishes,

Charlie

Charlie Coyle
Development and Innovation Coordinator
Visionary - linking local sight loss charities

Email: charlie.coyle@visionary.org.uk
Website: www.visionary.org.uk
Registered Charity No's. 1135360 SC044163 A Company Limited by Guarantee No. 07185372 Registered in England and Wales Registered Office: CBI House, St Vincent's School, Yew Tree Lane, Liverpool, L12 9HN
NOTICE: The information contained in this email and any attachments is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient you should not use, disclose, distribute or copy any of the content of it or of any attachment; you are requested to notify the sender immediately and then to delete it and any attachments from your system.
Please note that the statements and views expressed in this email and any attachments are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Visionary - linking local sight loss charities.
"Visionary" is the operating name of Visionary - linking local sight loss charities Limited, Registered Office: CBI House, St Vincent's School, Yew Tree Lane, Liverpool, L12 9HN Registered Charity No.1135360 / SC044163 Company Registered No. 071853




--
Check out my website for nvda tutorials and other blindness related material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net


Re: Outlook 2016 issue

George <slr1bpz@...>
 

 
 

From: Gene
Sent: Sunday, August 07, 2016 5:15 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Outlook 2016 issue
 
Does that mean that you did this before asking for a solution?  Please state in future if you have already found a solution and what it is when asking such questions.  It may save people time and effort in duplicating a solution you have already found.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, August 07, 2016 3:29 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Outlook 2016 issue
 
We did exactly that so the guy can get his work done.  I just wondered if there was a more elligant solution.
 
George
 
From: Gene
Sent: Sunday, August 07, 2016 2:17 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Outlook 2016 issue
 
It may not help but you could try putting the phrase in the speech dictionary and then placing a space in the pronounced as field.  Do you hear these announcements when you use read current line or only when you move?  If you hear them using read current line, then have the announcements spelled to make sure you get all the characters and spaces where they should be.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, August 07, 2016 1:02 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Outlook 2016 issue
 

I have the same problem.  I posted about it on this list several days ago.

 

To the best of  my knowledge there is no way to get rid of this annoying notation.

 

Dan

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of George McCoy
Sent: Sunday, August 07, 2016 10:41 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Outlook 2016 issue

 

A friend of mine is running windows 10 64 bit professional.  He has not received the anniversary update.  He is running outlook 2016 via office 365.  He is running nvda 2016.2.1.  He has the latest wintenapps add-on.

 

When he arrows down through his list of messages, the following is prepended to each listing:

Associated Draft No Associated Drafts,

After which he hears what he expects to hear; the from and subject fields and the date received and so forth.

He can review the prepended characters with the numPad keys.  He got someone to look at his screen and they report that the prepended characters do not appear visually.

 

We tried running nvda without add-ons and uninstalling and reinstalling nvda without success.

 

Has anyone else experienced this behavior and, if so, is there a way to stop it?

 

Thanks very much for any thoughts,

George