Date   

locked Re: nvda skype group and skype groups in general

Austin Pinto <austinpinto.xaviers@...>
 

i knew this was coming once Joseph stepped down from admin.

On 7/14/16, Patrick Wilson <Sirpatrickwilson@live.com> wrote:
You didn't give joseph lee a chance to defend himself and I do the same
now.??? He had plenty of chances, anyone that may have gotten removed from
this group had plenty of chances, interesting

On Jul 13, 2016, at 7:55 PM, michael chopra <justforlists689@gmail.com>
wrote:

Good afternoon everyone. As an admin of said group, I am sorry to say that
we, Shawn, did give the said user a chance. Because he didn't give us good
reason to keep him in both groups, we removed him. Sorry for your
inconvenience. The way things are, we decided to make it so that only we
who are in these groups can add anyone,.
Thank you for reading and understanding.
From Michael.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shaun
Everiss
Sent: Wednesday, 13 July 2016 15:52
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] nvda skype group and skype groups in general

Hi all users.
I am having some serious concerns about groups on skype.
I know we are not able to control what goes on outside this forum,
however, while I like unmoderated groups from time to time on loose topics
etc, I do see times when a moderator was needed.
Yesterday some users had issue with another user.
How he came accross and said user saying sapi4 didn't work on windows 10
which it does, saying that I was unsure never have used it in 10 myself.
I do know old sapi5 ms voices can cause dammage, etc.
Said user was removed without a chance to defend his actions.
Then both groups had their join features disabled.
It also appears with skype groups in general that everyone can add remove,
disable, hide unhide everything and everyone and the only protection is to
ask not to.
Clearly skype groups are not secure.
Once someone has a dissaggreement it can turn ugly quite fast.
I have seen random strings, and other junk posted on some of these and
offtopic chatter which I was happy to take part in.
I am no longer associated with both groups involved though.
A few days ago there was a descussion on what group or list was a good
mediam for nvda.
A forum and a email list came up.
From what I saw yesterday, an email list and forum can be moderated and
not everyone has admin power.
Yesterday it demonstrated how unready we as a community or at least some
of us are ready for that power.
Because of this to those in the groups effected I am not coming back.
You didn't give joseph lee a chance to defend himself and I do the same
now.
You have driven me away from what I thought would be a good group, and
have shown me skype groups are not the best medium for descussion at all
especially if they can not be moderated or secured.
There are a lot more things I want to say but I have said my bit.
I also know by putting this I am probably making enemies here may even be
cutting my path out of the groups involved, but I have no choice really.
I know we as a community are better than this.








--
search for me on facebook, google+, orkut..
austinpinto.xaviers@gmail.com
follow me on twitter.
austinmpinto
contact me on skype.
austin.pinto3


NVDA CON US

Kenny Peyattt jr.
 

Hi when is the date for the NVDA CON US planning meeting?

Kenny Peyatt jr.


locked Re: joseph lee being a good man

Austin Pinto <austinpinto.xaviers@...>
 

what did he do?

On 7/14/16, Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@gmail.com> wrote:
Yes, put him back! Even though I'm not on the skype group, I don't think he
should have been kicked out because of what could have been an honest
mistake! None of us are perfect. Joseph has done so much for us so why ruin
his good name.



-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Arlene
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2016 9:54 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] joseph lee being a good man

Put him back! Put him back! I'm not on the skype list. Throwing myself on
the floor screaming and pounding like a spoiled 4 year old. Put him back!

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bobby
Sent: July-13-16 9:17 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] joseph lee being a good man

Hay I am very angry and very sad that you took Joseph lee off the Skype
group. He is a very good and wonderful man. He has bent over back words
for all of us including me and this is what you put him through.
Please forgive him. He just made one ma steak.











--
search for me on facebook, google+, orkut..
austinpinto.xaviers@gmail.com
follow me on twitter.
austinmpinto
contact me on skype.
austin.pinto3


locked Re: joseph lee being a good man

Rosemarie Chavarria
 

Yes, put him back! Even though I'm not on the skype group, I don't think he should have been kicked out because of what could have been an honest mistake! None of us are perfect. Joseph has done so much for us so why ruin his good name.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Arlene
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2016 9:54 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] joseph lee being a good man

Put him back! Put him back! I'm not on the skype list. Throwing myself on the floor screaming and pounding like a spoiled 4 year old. Put him back!

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bobby
Sent: July-13-16 9:17 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] joseph lee being a good man

Hay I am very angry and very sad that you took Joseph lee off the Skype group. He is a very good and wonderful man. He has bent over back words for all of us including me and this is what you put him through.
Please forgive him. He just made one ma steak.


locked Re: File about Joseph Lee/I was probably very tired when I wrote this file

Oriol Gómez <ogomez.s92@...>
 

What the fuck? You guys are like children. Is this really a screen
reader list' Makes me want to leave, but i won't because this is NVDA
and important things are discussed here but you guys are behaving like
fucking little blind brats

On 7/14/16, Gene <gsasner@ripco.com> wrote:
I should add that I agree that the vicious attacks should be removed from
the archives. I didn't pay enough attention to them before because I was
thinking of this as a disagreement that would stop being discussed very
quickly about a problem unrelated to this list. I didn't read them with the
care I should have.

I'm not sure how or if I can remove messages. If anyone familiar with how
this might be done wants to contact me with information about how, I would
appreciate it.

Contact me at
gsasner@ripco.com

Gene
----- Original Message -----

From: Gene
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2016 10:38 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] File about Joseph Lee/I was probably very tired when I
wrote this file


I haven't intervened in this so far. More ill mannered and abusive posts of
this sort from you or from any or your cohorts will result in you or your
cohorts being immediately placed on moderated status if not removed
completely. The arrogance and complete disregard of list rules concerning
civility will not be tolerated. Who do you and your friends think you are
to fill this list with the kind of attacks you have been indulging in. As
far as I'm concerned, such attacks leave all of you with no credibility
regarding whatever problems have been occurring on the Skipe list.

Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: Patrick Wilson
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2016 10:24 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] File about Joseph Lee/I was probably very tired when I
wrote this file


Ok?Ok?AND YOU CAN Go DIE

On Jul 13, 2016, at 10:20 PM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@gmail.com> wrote:


What earthly purpose does a post like this serve? It should be removed by
the moderators.
--
Brian

I worry a lot. . . I worry that no matter how cynical you become it's
never enough to keep up.

~ Trudy, in Jane Wagner's "Search for Signs of Intelligent Life
in the Universe"








locked Re: joseph lee being a good man

Oriol Gómez <ogomez.s92@...>
 

What happened here? What did he do? I think he's very respectable.

On 7/14/16, Bobby <bvinton@optonline.net> wrote:
Well I understand. Butt please think about all the good things he has
done for us. Joseph made many nvda add ons and fixed code for nvda in
the past. I can't remember every add on he has made butt just be nice
to him.


On 7/14/2016 12:58 AM, michael chopra wrote:
Hello all. I'm sorry, we, as admins have made the decision, he will not be
put back in the groups.
Thank you very much.
From Michael
-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Arlene
Sent: Thursday, 14 July 2016 16:54
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] joseph lee being a good man

Put him back! Put him back! I'm not on the skype list. Throwing myself on
the floor screaming and pounding like a spoiled 4 year old. Put him back!

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bobby
Sent: July-13-16 9:17 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] joseph lee being a good man

Hay I am very angry and very sad that you took Joseph lee off the Skype
group. He is a very good and wonderful man. He has bent over back words
for all of us including me and this is what you put him through.
Please forgive him. He just made one ma steak.















locked Re: joseph lee being a good man

Bobby <bvinton@...>
 

Well I understand. Butt please think about all the good things he has done for us. Joseph made many nvda add ons and fixed code for nvda in the past. I can't remember every add on he has made butt just be nice to him.

On 7/14/2016 12:58 AM, michael chopra wrote:
Hello all. I'm sorry, we, as admins have made the decision, he will not be put back in the groups.
Thank you very much.
From Michael
-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Arlene
Sent: Thursday, 14 July 2016 16:54
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] joseph lee being a good man

Put him back! Put him back! I'm not on the skype list. Throwing myself on the floor screaming and pounding like a spoiled 4 year old. Put him back!

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bobby
Sent: July-13-16 9:17 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] joseph lee being a good man

Hay I am very angry and very sad that you took Joseph lee off the Skype group. He is a very good and wonderful man. He has bent over back words for all of us including me and this is what you put him through.
Please forgive him. He just made one ma steak.











locked Re: joseph lee being a good man

Michael Chopra <justforlists689@...>
 

Hello all. I'm sorry, we, as admins have made the decision, he will not be put back in the groups.
Thank you very much.
From Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Arlene
Sent: Thursday, 14 July 2016 16:54
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] joseph lee being a good man

Put him back! Put him back! I'm not on the skype list. Throwing myself on the floor screaming and pounding like a spoiled 4 year old. Put him back!

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bobby
Sent: July-13-16 9:17 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] joseph lee being a good man

Hay I am very angry and very sad that you took Joseph lee off the Skype group. He is a very good and wonderful man. He has bent over back words for all of us including me and this is what you put him through.
Please forgive him. He just made one ma steak.


locked Re: joseph lee being a good man

Arlene
 

Put him back! Put him back! I'm not on the skype list. Throwing myself on the floor screaming and pounding like a spoiled 4 year old. Put him back!

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bobby
Sent: July-13-16 9:17 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] joseph lee being a good man

Hay I am very angry and very sad that you took Joseph lee off the Skype
group. He is a very good and wonderful man. He has bent over back
words for all of us including me and this is what you put him through.
Please forgive him. He just made one ma steak.


locked joseph lee being a good man

Bobby <bvinton@...>
 

Hay I am very angry and very sad that you took Joseph lee off the Skype group. He is a very good and wonderful man. He has bent over back words for all of us including me and this is what you put him through. Please forgive him. He just made one ma steak.


locked Re: File about Joseph Lee/I was probably very tired when I wrote this file

Gene
 

I should add that I agree that the vicious attacks should be removed from the archives.  I didn't pay enough attention to them before because I was thinking of this as a disagreement that would stop being discussed very quickly about a problem unrelated to this list.  I didn't read them with the care I should have. 
 
I'm not sure how or if I can remove messages.  If anyone familiar with how this might be done wants to contact me with information about how, I would appreciate it. 
 
Contact me at
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
From: Gene
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2016 10:38 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] File about Joseph Lee/I was probably very tired when I wrote this file

I haven't intervened in this so far.  More ill mannered and abusive posts of this sort from you or from any or your cohorts will result in you or your cohorts being immediately placed on moderated status if not removed completely. The arrogance and complete disregard of list rules concerning civility will not be tolerated.  Who do you and your friends think you are to fill this list with the kind of attacks you have been indulging in.  As far as I'm concerned, such attacks leave all of you with no credibility regarding whatever problems have been occurring on the Skipe list. 
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2016 10:24 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] File about Joseph Lee/I was probably very tired when I wrote this file

Ok?Ok?AND YOU CAN Go DIE

On Jul 13, 2016, at 10:20 PM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

What earthly purpose does a post like this serve?  It should be removed by the moderators.
--
Brian

I worry a lot. . . I worry that no matter how cynical you become it's never enough to keep up.

         ~ Trudy, in Jane Wagner's "Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe"

    



locked Re: Quick note/ File about Joseph Lee/I was probably very tired when I wrote this file

Patrick Wilson <Sirpatrickwilson@...>
 

And less you have changed the link to the Skype support group, the groups are now manual add only, so the links do not work, and less Joseph added his new group they created, thanks and I wanted to let you know that

On Jul 13, 2016, at 10:36 PM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 08:32 pm, Quentin Christensen wrote:
If you've written something which you think would be of interest to the NVDA community

I've read it.  It would not be.  This thread has already been reported to the moderation team.  There is no place for personal attacks here, and I'm talking about the original message.  I had to chuckle at the reaction to mine.
--
Brian

I worry a lot. . . I worry that no matter how cynical you become it's never enough to keep up.

         ~ Trudy, in Jane Wagner's "Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe"

    



locked Re: File about Joseph Lee/I was probably very tired when I wrote this file

Gene
 

I haven't intervened in this so far.  More ill mannered and abusive posts of this sort from you or from any or your cohorts will result in you or your cohorts being immediately placed on moderated status if not removed completely. The arrogance and complete disregard of list rules concerning civility will not be tolerated.  Who do you and your friends think you are to fill this list with the kind of attacks you have been indulging in.  As far as I'm concerned, such attacks leave all of you with no credibility regarding whatever problems have been occurring on the Skipe list. 
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2016 10:24 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] File about Joseph Lee/I was probably very tired when I wrote this file

Ok?Ok?AND YOU CAN Go DIE

On Jul 13, 2016, at 10:20 PM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

What earthly purpose does a post like this serve?  It should be removed by the moderators.
--
Brian

I worry a lot. . . I worry that no matter how cynical you become it's never enough to keep up.

         ~ Trudy, in Jane Wagner's "Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe"

    



locked Re: File about Joseph Lee/I was probably very tired when I wrote this file

 

On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 08:32 pm, Quentin Christensen wrote:
If you've written something which you think would be of interest to the NVDA community

I've read it.  It would not be.  This thread has already been reported to the moderation team.  There is no place for personal attacks here, and I'm talking about the original message.  I had to chuckle at the reaction to mine.
--
Brian

I worry a lot. . . I worry that no matter how cynical you become it's never enough to keep up.

         ~ Trudy, in Jane Wagner's "Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe"

    



locked Re: File about Joseph Lee/I was probably very tired when I wrote this file

Patrick Wilson <Sirpatrickwilson@...>
 

How do you delete posts? You can delete your own posts, right?

On Jul 13, 2016, at 10:32 PM, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...> wrote:

Woah, settle down there Patrick!

Firstly, that's no way to behave.

Secondly, To be honest, I'm not entirely clear on your original message either.  The subject line says something about Joseph Lee, and the name of the file you linked to says something about comparing the iPhone to computers?

If you've written something which you think would be of interest to the NVDA community, maybe state what it's about a little more in the message, and either link to a regular web page with the full text or if it can survive plain text, just include it in the body of the message.

Many people are wary of opening doc files from the web because of the potential for macro viruses etc.

Kind regards,

Quentin.


On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 1:24 PM, Patrick Wilson <Sirpatrickwilson@...> wrote:
Ok?Ok?AND YOU CAN Go DIE

On Jul 13, 2016, at 10:20 PM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

What earthly purpose does a post like this serve?  It should be removed by the moderators.
--
Brian

I worry a lot. . . I worry that no matter how cynical you become it's never enough to keep up.

         ~ Trudy, in Jane Wagner's "Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe"

    





--
Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer

Ph +61 7 3149 3306 
Direct: +61 413 904 383
www.nvaccess.org 
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess 
Twitter: @NVAccess 


locked Re: File about Joseph Lee/I was probably very tired when I wrote this file

Quentin Christensen
 

Woah, settle down there Patrick!

Firstly, that's no way to behave.

Secondly, To be honest, I'm not entirely clear on your original message either.  The subject line says something about Joseph Lee, and the name of the file you linked to says something about comparing the iPhone to computers?

If you've written something which you think would be of interest to the NVDA community, maybe state what it's about a little more in the message, and either link to a regular web page with the full text or if it can survive plain text, just include it in the body of the message.

Many people are wary of opening doc files from the web because of the potential for macro viruses etc.

Kind regards,

Quentin.


On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 1:24 PM, Patrick Wilson <Sirpatrickwilson@...> wrote:
Ok?Ok?AND YOU CAN Go DIE

On Jul 13, 2016, at 10:20 PM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

What earthly purpose does a post like this serve?  It should be removed by the moderators.
--
Brian

I worry a lot. . . I worry that no matter how cynical you become it's never enough to keep up.

         ~ Trudy, in Jane Wagner's "Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe"

    





--
Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer

Ph +61 7 3149 3306 
Direct: +61 413 904 383
www.nvaccess.org 
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess 
Twitter: @NVAccess 


locked Re: File about Joseph Lee/I was probably very tired when I wrote this file

Patrick Wilson <Sirpatrickwilson@...>
 

Ok?Ok?AND YOU CAN Go DIE

On Jul 13, 2016, at 10:20 PM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

What earthly purpose does a post like this serve?  It should be removed by the moderators.
--
Brian

I worry a lot. . . I worry that no matter how cynical you become it's never enough to keep up.

         ~ Trudy, in Jane Wagner's "Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe"

    



locked Re: File about Joseph Lee/I was probably very tired when I wrote this file

 

What earthly purpose does a post like this serve?  It should be removed by the moderators.
--
Brian

I worry a lot. . . I worry that no matter how cynical you become it's never enough to keep up.

         ~ Trudy, in Jane Wagner's "Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe"

    



locked File about Joseph Lee/I was probably very tired when I wrote this file

Patrick Wilson <Sirpatrickwilson@...>
 

I swear, it's been forever since I wrote this, I just found the file, made a few edits, generated a link, and, now I'm here, here it is, And all it's non-glory


locked Re: nvda skype group and skype groups in general

Patrick Wilson <Sirpatrickwilson@...>
 

You didn't give joseph lee a chance to defend himself and I do the same now.??? He had plenty of chances, anyone that may have gotten removed from this group had plenty of chances, interesting

On Jul 13, 2016, at 7:55 PM, michael chopra <justforlists689@gmail.com> wrote:

Good afternoon everyone. As an admin of said group, I am sorry to say that we, Shawn, did give the said user a chance. Because he didn't give us good reason to keep him in both groups, we removed him. Sorry for your inconvenience. The way things are, we decided to make it so that only we who are in these groups can add anyone,.
Thank you for reading and understanding.
From Michael.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shaun Everiss
Sent: Wednesday, 13 July 2016 15:52
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] nvda skype group and skype groups in general

Hi all users.
I am having some serious concerns about groups on skype.
I know we are not able to control what goes on outside this forum, however, while I like unmoderated groups from time to time on loose topics etc, I do see times when a moderator was needed.
Yesterday some users had issue with another user.
How he came accross and said user saying sapi4 didn't work on windows 10 which it does, saying that I was unsure never have used it in 10 myself.
I do know old sapi5 ms voices can cause dammage, etc.
Said user was removed without a chance to defend his actions.
Then both groups had their join features disabled.
It also appears with skype groups in general that everyone can add remove, disable, hide unhide everything and everyone and the only protection is to ask not to.
Clearly skype groups are not secure.
Once someone has a dissaggreement it can turn ugly quite fast.
I have seen random strings, and other junk posted on some of these and offtopic chatter which I was happy to take part in.
I am no longer associated with both groups involved though.
A few days ago there was a descussion on what group or list was a good mediam for nvda.
A forum and a email list came up.
From what I saw yesterday, an email list and forum can be moderated and not everyone has admin power.
Yesterday it demonstrated how unready we as a community or at least some of us are ready for that power.
Because of this to those in the groups effected I am not coming back.
You didn't give joseph lee a chance to defend himself and I do the same now.
You have driven me away from what I thought would be a good group, and have shown me skype groups are not the best medium for descussion at all especially if they can not be moderated or secured.
There are a lot more things I want to say but I have said my bit.
I also know by putting this I am probably making enemies here may even be cutting my path out of the groups involved, but I have no choice really.
I know we as a community are better than this.