Date   

An issue with the Windows Explorer of Windows 10

afrim.maja@...
 

Hello everyone,

I am posting this message to ask you about an issue of windows 10, in windows explorer, when using NVDA.

While NVDA works fast enough with Windows Explorer on windows 10, I am facing a strange issue when deleting or renaming files. In precise, when I delete/rename a file, NVDA will no longer speak the items on the folder. Sometimes this problem does not occur, but most of the time it does. Restarting NVDA fixes the issue, but if you delete another file, the issue will persist as many times as you do it.

Is anyone else facing this problem? And if you are, is there anything I can do to fix it? Or, should I file an issue to NVDA on Git Hob and see if the developers will do anything?

Sincerely,

Afrim


Re: CCleaner on Windows 8.1: programs to be uninstalled list not directly read

Bhavya shah
 

Hi Andre,
Which version of CCleaner on what system environment (Windows version,
bit architecture etc.)?
Also, I have NVDA version 2016.1 RC 1 installed on my new system at
the moment. That is because I installed it from a portable copy, and
version 2016.1's portable copy was what I happened to have created.
Thanks.

On 5/11/16, Andre Fisher <andrefisher729@...> wrote:
I don't have this problem.

On 5/10/16, Lino Morales <linomorales001@...> wrote:
Yeah I am. I forget the version number. It came out bout 3 weeks agon.


On 5/10/2016 3:44 PM, Bhavya shah wrote:
Hi Leeno,
No, it still is the same for me. I need to Tab ahead and back to read
each list item normally. Are you on the latest version of CCleaner?
As time permits, I will try updating the version of CCleaner on my
older laptop to the latest one as well, and then report back to the
list.
Thanks.

On 5/11/16, Lino Morales <linomorales001@...> wrote:
Hey Bavia. I was able to read the list of programs. All I did was alt
tab from TB to C cleaner and for some reason NVDA is reading the list
of
items.


On 5/10/2016 3:26 PM, Bhavya shah wrote:
Dear all,
Having purchased a new computer, currently powered by Windows 8.1
Professional, I went about installing some of the necessary programs I
would require. One of them being CCleaner, I installed it from
piriform.com on my current 64 bit system.
However, although frankly speaking, I haven't really done anything
whatsoever with it, I did do this - press Tools button and Tab to the
list of programs to be uninstalled list box. The weirdest
accessibility problem I am facing in this list which was never
experienced by me on my Windows 7 32 bit previous laptop is that
arrowing does not read the name of the newly focused program name
item. What I need to do in order to work around this is arrow to the
next or previous program, and then Shift Tab and Tab back or the vice
versa and then upon renewed focus on the list box, the new item name,
which is the default focus is read out.
This is an especially strange thing I have observed, and would like to
confirm from other people out here whether this is a universally
occurring bug or something odd I am experiencing.
If further testing or information is needed, I am anyways probably
going to try some object navigation and review modes and stuff to get
this information spoken directly, and would also be happy to provide
any log if developers feel imperative.
Thanks.







--
Warm Regards
Bhavya Shah
Using NVDA (Non Visual Desktop Access) free and open source screen
reader for Microsoft Windows
To download a copy of the free screen reader NVDA, please visit
http://www.nvaccess.org/
Using Google Talkback on Motorolla G second generation Lollipop 5.0.2
Reach me through the following means:
Mobile: +91 7506221750
E-mail id: bhavya.shah125@...
Skype id : bhavya.09


Re: Firefox 46.0.1 and Webvisum: Working perfectly well!

P. Otter
 

hi, what programm do you meen, is it a new one to solve capcha's?
and if so, do you have a link?
cheers
paul otter

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shaun Everiss" <@smeveriss>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2016 6:55 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox 46.0.1 and Webvisum: Working perfectly well!


Hmmm if it is as good as webvism since that also does some access and if it works better than rumola does then I will buy it, I use chicken nugget made by him every day.



On 11/05/2016 7:14 a.m., Lino Morales wrote:
Well OK this is your opinion. It was James Sholes, but still I don't
care what rigamarole he whent though to sign it. Chris Taught the former
programmer of the Qube is in the process of writing a CAPTIA solver. I'm
hoping to see it's release soon. It will work with FF, IE 11, and IOS
later on down the road.


On 5/10/2016 3:03 PM, Gene wrote:
The, as you characterize it, convoluted add on is not one. it was
taken through the signing procedure by a respected and trusted member
of the blind computer using community. Nothing was changed except
that it is signed in a way Firefox recognizes as legitimate. I don't
remember the name now, but numerous members of this community will
vouch for him. There is no reason to believe the add on is unsafe.
Gene
----- Original Message -----
*From:* Lino Morales <mailto:linomorales001@...>
*Sent:* Tuesday, May 10, 2016 1:44 PM
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
*Subject:* Re: [nvda] Firefox 46.0.1 and Webvisum: Working perfectly
well!

If you try and download it off the Web Visum site FF will sill prevent
you from downloading a unverified add-on. I don't trust this as Brian
said "convoluted add-on".


On 5/10/2016 9:12 AM, Mallard wrote:
Oh, that's really great! Finally! We won't have to worry about losing
it any longer then...

Ciao,

Ollie





Il 10/05/2016 12:53, Ron Canazzi ha scritto:

Somebody signed it through the convoluted process of doing that for
Mozilla and it now works.



On 5/10/2016 6:21 AM, Mallard wrote:
Hello all,

I've just updated to Firefox 46.0.1, thinking that Webvisum would
stop working. I was ready to set up a portable of an older version,
but... SURPRISE! Webvisum is working as usual...
Good news!
Ciao,
Ollie



--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"





Re: Firefox 46.0.1 and Webvisum: Working perfectly well!

 

Hmmm if it is as good as webvism since that also does some access and if it works better than rumola does then I will buy it, I use chicken nugget made by him every day.

On 11/05/2016 7:14 a.m., Lino Morales wrote:
Well OK this is your opinion. It was James Sholes, but still I don't
care what rigamarole he whent though to sign it. Chris Taught the former
programmer of the Qube is in the process of writing a CAPTIA solver. I'm
hoping to see it's release soon. It will work with FF, IE 11, and IOS
later on down the road.


On 5/10/2016 3:03 PM, Gene wrote:
The, as you characterize it, convoluted add on is not one. it was
taken through the signing procedure by a respected and trusted member
of the blind computer using community. Nothing was changed except
that it is signed in a way Firefox recognizes as legitimate. I don't
remember the name now, but numerous members of this community will
vouch for him. There is no reason to believe the add on is unsafe.
Gene
----- Original Message -----
*From:* Lino Morales <mailto:linomorales001@...>
*Sent:* Tuesday, May 10, 2016 1:44 PM
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
*Subject:* Re: [nvda] Firefox 46.0.1 and Webvisum: Working perfectly
well!

If you try and download it off the Web Visum site FF will sill prevent
you from downloading a unverified add-on. I don't trust this as Brian
said "convoluted add-on".


On 5/10/2016 9:12 AM, Mallard wrote:
Oh, that's really great! Finally! We won't have to worry about losing
it any longer then...

Ciao,

Ollie





Il 10/05/2016 12:53, Ron Canazzi ha scritto:

Somebody signed it through the convoluted process of doing that for
Mozilla and it now works.



On 5/10/2016 6:21 AM, Mallard wrote:
Hello all,

I've just updated to Firefox 46.0.1, thinking that Webvisum would
stop working. I was ready to set up a portable of an older version,
but... SURPRISE! Webvisum is working as usual...
Good news!
Ciao,
Ollie



--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"





Re: Firefox 46.0.1 and Webvisum: Working perfectly well!

 

well there is a link to the blind bargins site for it somewhere I forget.
its made by mr scholes, the guy that made the codex program, well he decided to hack this in his spare time.

On 11/05/2016 6:44 a.m., Lino Morales wrote:
If you try and download it off the Web Visum site FF will sill prevent
you from downloading a unverified add-on. I don't trust this as Brian
said "convoluted add-on".


On 5/10/2016 9:12 AM, Mallard wrote:
Oh, that's really great! Finally! We won't have to worry about losing
it any longer then...

Ciao,

Ollie





Il 10/05/2016 12:53, Ron Canazzi ha scritto:

Somebody signed it through the convoluted process of doing that for
Mozilla and it now works.



On 5/10/2016 6:21 AM, Mallard wrote:
Hello all,

I've just updated to Firefox 46.0.1, thinking that Webvisum would
stop working. I was ready to set up a portable of an older version,
but... SURPRISE! Webvisum is working as usual...
Good news!
Ciao,
Ollie



--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"




.


About Whatsabb web version and app version

Mr. Wong Chi Wai <cwwong.pro@...>
 

Hi, Before I knew that Whatsabb is not accessible. Do the problem still exist?

Today, knew that whatsabb has offered a app version for win and mac, did anyone has installed it on a win computer and tested it?
Thank


Re: Slightly OT - tiling windows under windows 10, to allow drag and drop using NVDA, with the mouse cursor

Jacob Kruger
 

Ok, while haven't tested this, something did come to mind - I use autosizer to maximise certain windows automatically, just in case, and I 'see' it does also have a 'position/size' option, so might try play around with that at some stage, but, in the meantime, made another workaround.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
"Resistance is futile, acceptance is versatile"

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jacob Kruger" <jacob@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: 10 May, 2016 8:26 PM
Subject: [nvda] Slightly OT - tiling windows under windows 10, to allow drag and drop using NVDA, with the mouse cursor


If remember correctly, in things like windows 7 task manager, you could easily enough tell it to tile two windows side by side, etc. to then allow you to use forms of drag and drop from window to window, using a screen reader implementation of the mouse cursor.

However, in windows 10, the new version of the task manager doesn't seem to offer that too easily, so was just wondering if anyone knows of/can think of a relatively simple way to have two windows open, and to get them to line themselves up tiled either horizontally across, or vertically up and down on the screen, to then use the key combo of shift + numpad / to lock left mouse button on selected items, and then move over to target area/element in other window, route mouse cursor to navigator object using NVDA + numpad /, and then use the same keystroke as earlier to finish off the drag and drop operation?

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
"Resistance is futile, acceptance is versatile"





Re: nvda with win 10 mail app

Gene
 

Using shift and down arrow means that NVDA can only see selected text at least as you have it configured. 
 
Is there an NVDA command to read selected text?  If there is, I don't know it.  I'm not talking about the command to read text on the clipboard. 
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2016 8:04 PM
Subject: [nvda] nvda with win 10 mail app

Hello.

 

The other night I downloaded David’s tutorial about the mail app with jaws.

It got me interested in how nvda now works with the mail app.

So I tried it.

It works pretty well, just a few issues I noticed so far that I thought I should let people know about.

 

When reading a message, you must use shift and the down and up arrow keys to read the message, it works but it isn’t really practical as you could guess.

Also, I noticed you can not read the message back to yourself while composing before you send it off.

 

Actually you can use the shift and arrows just like when you are reading a message.

 

Also, I still need to figure out how to read the messages in order because it appears the oldest one is at the top.  Or is that the way it should work so as to read them in proper order. i.e as they were sent out?

 

nd if I discover anything else, I will let you all know.

 

Scot

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 


Re: Firefox 46.0.1 and Webvisum: Working perfectly well!

Kwork
 

Hi,
The couple of times I've used the add-on since the recent signing have been met with success. I've known James on and off for a few years now, and find him to be a decent human being, and an end computer user out of the UK just trying to help keep life as accessible for us as he can with his programming knowledge.
Travis

----- Original Message -----
From: Gene
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2016 12:46 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox 46.0.1 and Webvisum: Working perfectly well!

I don't know him in a personal sense either.  I know his reputation.  I follow two blind technology discussion lists aside from this one and I know that many people are using it.  I haven't seen one complaint.  Perhaps others will vouch for him and the add on.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2016 2:37 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox 46.0.1 and Webvisum: Working perfectly well!

Good. Glad you aren't giving me a hard time. Mods shouldn't do so on any list list anyway unless the mod he/she is a complete a$$$ by nature. I just simply don't trust it that's all. I guess one way to see if it truly works under FF 46 is to download it. I don't know the guy. I guess that's part of why I'm hesitant to get it.


On 5/10/2016 3:33 PM, Gene wrote:
So you are suspicious that James Scholes is intentionally turning the add on into something malicious?  Based on his reputation, that's just groundless. 
 
I haven't checked to see who else has written about the add on but Blind Bargains has.  They are a respected source and I hardly think they would wrecklessly provide information about add ons or other such items.
 
Saying that's just my opinion, as though all opinions are equal is not correct.  You provide no grouds for your opinion except suspicion.  I have provided the reputation of the person who had the add on signed, it's excellent, and the reputation of a source that spread information about the add on.
 
I'm not trying to give you a hard time but, given the amount of interest in Webvisum, I want to discourage unfounded suspicion.
 
gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2016 2:14 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox 46.0.1 and Webvisum: Working perfectly well!

Well OK this is your opinion. It was James Sholes, but still I don't care what rigamarole he whent though to sign it. Chris Taught the former programmer of the Qube is in the process of writing a CAPTIA solver. I'm hoping to see it's release soon. It will work with FF, IE 11, and IOS later on down the road.


On 5/10/2016 3:03 PM, Gene wrote:
The, as you characterize it, convoluted add on is not one.  it was taken through the signing procedure by a respected and trusted member of the blind computer using community.  Nothing was changed except that it is signed in a way Firefox recognizes as legitimate.  I don't remember the name now, but numerous members of this community will vouch for him.  There is no reason to believe the add on is unsafe. 
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2016 1:44 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox 46.0.1 and Webvisum: Working perfectly well!

If you try and download it off the Web Visum site FF will sill prevent
you from downloading a unverified add-on. I don't trust this as Brian
said "convoluted add-on".


On 5/10/2016 9:12 AM, Mallard wrote:
> Oh, that's really great! Finally! We won't have to worry about losing
> it any longer then...
>
> Ciao,
>
> Ollie
>
>
>
>
>
> Il 10/05/2016 12:53, Ron Canazzi ha scritto:
>>
>> Somebody signed it through the convoluted process of doing that for
>> Mozilla and it now works.
>>
>>
>>
>> On 5/10/2016 6:21 AM, Mallard wrote:
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> I've just updated to Firefox 46.0.1, thinking that Webvisum would
>>> stop working. I was ready to set up a portable of an older version,
>>> but... SURPRISE! Webvisum is working as usual...
>>> Good news!
>>> Ciao,
>>> Ollie
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>> --
>> They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
>> They ask: "How Happy are You?"
>> I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"
>>
>
>
>
>






Re: nvda with win 10 mail app

 

Scott,

          It's odd to me that your Mail App is presenting conversations (and conversation view is on by default) in "oldest to newest" order.  Mine is reverse chronological, "newest to oldest," and I've done nothing to tweak that.

          By the way, you, like many others, have the default signature that Microsoft includes, "Sent from Mail for Windows 10," at the end of your message.  You can turn that off, or substitute it with a signature of your choosing, in the Signature setting.  I simply flipped the switch to off so no signature is included.

Brian
-- 

Never underestimate the difficulty of changing false beliefs by facts. 
   ~ Henry Rosovsky

    



nvda with win 10 mail app

Scott VanDeWalle
 

Hello.

 

The other night I downloaded David’s tutorial about the mail app with jaws.

It got me interested in how nvda now works with the mail app.

So I tried it.

It works pretty well, just a few issues I noticed so far that I thought I should let people know about.

 

When reading a message, you must use shift and the down and up arrow keys to read the message, it works but it isn’t really practical as you could guess.

Also, I noticed you can not read the message back to yourself while composing before you send it off.

 

Actually you can use the shift and arrows just like when you are reading a message.

 

Also, I still need to figure out how to read the messages in order because it appears the oldest one is at the top.  Or is that the way it should work so as to read them in proper order. i.e as they were sent out?

 

nd if I discover anything else, I will let you all know.

 

Scot

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 


Re: DictationBridge demo up

Pranav Lal
 

Hi Ollie,

Thanks for donating. As for windows speech-recognition, you can activate it from
the windows control pannel.
1. Launch the windows control pannel.
2. Hit the letter "s" until you hear "speech-recognition."
3. Follow the prompts.

Note:
When training, you will have to use object navigation to read the training text.
One of the things that DictationBridge plans to do is to make NVDA work better
with the WSR interface.

Pranav

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mallard
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2016 3:38 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] DictationBridge demo up

Pranav,


I've downloaded the add-on, but I don't have either dictation programme at the
moment, so I can't try it out.

I've contributed to the crowdfunding campaign though. I believe in this sort of
projects, that can make life easier for blind and visually impaired people.


Ciao,

Ollie





Il 10/05/2016 03:07, Pranav Lal ha scritto:
Thanks Ollie. Do give the demo a try.

Everyone, the crowd funding campaign is up at
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/dictationbridge/
so please contribute and spread the word.
Pranav
-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Mallard
Sent: Monday, May 09, 2016 10:43 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] DictationBridge demo up

Ciao Pranav,


Thanks millions.

Ollie





Il 09/05/2016 18:58, Pranav Lal ha scritto:
Dear all,

A demonstration version of DictationBridge in the form of a NVDA
add-on is up at
http://dictationbridge.com/2016/05/09/dictationbridge-prototype-now-a
v
ailable/

Pranav










Re: DictationBridge demo up

Pranav Lal
 

Hi Kevin,

Indeed, DictationBridge cannot help with recognition accuracy. However, once
completed, it will help in making the training interface easier to use with NVDA
which will also increase recognition accuracy.

Pranav

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kevin
Cussick via Groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2016 2:26 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] DictationBridge demo up

Hi, yes it does but the Scottish accent loads of mistakes. don't
really think this is the fault of the addon but the fault of the ms speech
recognition program.

On 10/05/2016 02:07, Pranav Lal wrote:
Hi Kevin and all,

There are no keystrokes. Launch either Dragon or Microsoft Windows
speech-recognition and start dictating. The add-on will echo back text
using NVDA.

Pranav

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Kevin Cussick via Groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2016 3:34 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] DictationBridge demo up

Hi, I have installed the addon, but can't find any keystrokes to get
started help please thanks.

On 09/05/2016 17:58, Pranav Lal wrote:
Dear all,

A demonstration version of DictationBridge in the form of a NVDA
add-on is up at
http://dictationbridge.com/2016/05/09/dictationbridge-prototype-now-a
v
ailable/

Pranav








Re: DictationBridge demo up

Pranav Lal
 

Hi Brian,

DictationBridge is a project that makes it easier for people using screen
readers to work with speech-recognition programs namely Dragon from Nuance and
Microsoft Windows speech-recognition. Its primary function is to echo back text
as you dictate. If you use speech-recognition software without bridging
technology, you will not know if your text is being recognized accurately.
DictationBridge will echo back the recognized text so that you can know in real
time if there are any errors in what has been recognized by WSR or Dragon. It
will also make it easier to use elements of the user interfaces of Dragon and
WSR easier to use with a screen reader. The focus is on NVDA but the idea is to
extend the program such that any Windows screen reader can take advantage of
DictationBridge. You can read more about the program at its website.
http://dictationbridge.com

Pranav

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian's Mail
list account
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2016 2:30 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] DictationBridge demo up

What is this for exactly?
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Kevin Cussick via Groups.io"
<the.big.white.shepherd=googlemail.com@groups.io>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, May 09, 2016 10:34 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] DictationBridge demo up


thanks for this will test.

On 09/05/2016 17:58, Pranav Lal wrote:
Dear all,

A demonstration version of DictationBridge in the form of a NVDA add-on
is up at
http://dictationbridge.com/2016/05/09/dictationbridge-prototype-now-available/

Pranav




Re: CCleaner on Windows 8.1: programs to be uninstalled list not directly read

Andre Fisher
 

I don't have this problem.

On 5/10/16, Lino Morales <linomorales001@...> wrote:
Yeah I am. I forget the version number. It came out bout 3 weeks agon.


On 5/10/2016 3:44 PM, Bhavya shah wrote:
Hi Leeno,
No, it still is the same for me. I need to Tab ahead and back to read
each list item normally. Are you on the latest version of CCleaner?
As time permits, I will try updating the version of CCleaner on my
older laptop to the latest one as well, and then report back to the
list.
Thanks.

On 5/11/16, Lino Morales <linomorales001@...> wrote:
Hey Bavia. I was able to read the list of programs. All I did was alt
tab from TB to C cleaner and for some reason NVDA is reading the list of
items.


On 5/10/2016 3:26 PM, Bhavya shah wrote:
Dear all,
Having purchased a new computer, currently powered by Windows 8.1
Professional, I went about installing some of the necessary programs I
would require. One of them being CCleaner, I installed it from
piriform.com on my current 64 bit system.
However, although frankly speaking, I haven't really done anything
whatsoever with it, I did do this - press Tools button and Tab to the
list of programs to be uninstalled list box. The weirdest
accessibility problem I am facing in this list which was never
experienced by me on my Windows 7 32 bit previous laptop is that
arrowing does not read the name of the newly focused program name
item. What I need to do in order to work around this is arrow to the
next or previous program, and then Shift Tab and Tab back or the vice
versa and then upon renewed focus on the list box, the new item name,
which is the default focus is read out.
This is an especially strange thing I have observed, and would like to
confirm from other people out here whether this is a universally
occurring bug or something odd I am experiencing.
If further testing or information is needed, I am anyways probably
going to try some object navigation and review modes and stuff to get
this information spoken directly, and would also be happy to provide
any log if developers feel imperative.
Thanks.






Re: DictationBridge demo up

Kevin Cussick
 

Hi, yes it does but the Scottish accent loads of mistakes. don't really think this is the fault of the addon but the fault of the ms speech recognition program.

On 10/05/2016 02:07, Pranav Lal wrote:
Hi Kevin and all,

There are no keystrokes. Launch either Dragon or Microsoft Windows
speech-recognition and start dictating. The add-on will echo back text using
NVDA.

Pranav

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kevin
Cussick via Groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2016 3:34 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] DictationBridge demo up

Hi, I have installed the addon, but can't find any keystrokes to get
started help please thanks.

On 09/05/2016 17:58, Pranav Lal wrote:
Dear all,

A demonstration version of DictationBridge in the form of a NVDA
add-on is up at
http://dictationbridge.com/2016/05/09/dictationbridge-prototype-now-av
ailable/

Pranav







Re: CCleaner on Windows 8.1: programs to be uninstalled list not directly read

Lino Morales
 

Yeah I am. I forget the version number. It came out bout 3 weeks agon.

On 5/10/2016 3:44 PM, Bhavya shah wrote:
Hi Leeno,
No, it still is the same for me. I need to Tab ahead and back to read
each list item normally. Are you on the latest version of CCleaner?
As time permits, I will try updating the version of CCleaner on my
older laptop to the latest one as well, and then report back to the
list.
Thanks.

On 5/11/16, Lino Morales <linomorales001@...> wrote:
Hey Bavia. I was able to read the list of programs. All I did was alt
tab from TB to C cleaner and for some reason NVDA is reading the list of
items.


On 5/10/2016 3:26 PM, Bhavya shah wrote:
Dear all,
Having purchased a new computer, currently powered by Windows 8.1
Professional, I went about installing some of the necessary programs I
would require. One of them being CCleaner, I installed it from
piriform.com on my current 64 bit system.
However, although frankly speaking, I haven't really done anything
whatsoever with it, I did do this - press Tools button and Tab to the
list of programs to be uninstalled list box. The weirdest
accessibility problem I am facing in this list which was never
experienced by me on my Windows 7 32 bit previous laptop is that
arrowing does not read the name of the newly focused program name
item. What I need to do in order to work around this is arrow to the
next or previous program, and then Shift Tab and Tab back or the vice
versa and then upon renewed focus on the list box, the new item name,
which is the default focus is read out.
This is an especially strange thing I have observed, and would like to
confirm from other people out here whether this is a universally
occurring bug or something odd I am experiencing.
If further testing or information is needed, I am anyways probably
going to try some object navigation and review modes and stuff to get
this information spoken directly, and would also be happy to provide
any log if developers feel imperative.
Thanks.



Re: Firefox 46.0.1 and Webvisum: Working perfectly well!

Gene
 

I don't know him in a personal sense either.  I know his reputation.  I follow two blind technology discussion lists aside from this one and I know that many people are using it.  I haven't seen one complaint.  Perhaps others will vouch for him and the add on.
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2016 2:37 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox 46.0.1 and Webvisum: Working perfectly well!

Good. Glad you aren't giving me a hard time. Mods shouldn't do so on any list list anyway unless the mod he/she is a complete a$$$ by nature. I just simply don't trust it that's all. I guess one way to see if it truly works under FF 46 is to download it. I don't know the guy. I guess that's part of why I'm hesitant to get it.


On 5/10/2016 3:33 PM, Gene wrote:
So you are suspicious that James Scholes is intentionally turning the add on into something malicious?  Based on his reputation, that's just groundless. 
 
I haven't checked to see who else has written about the add on but Blind Bargains has.  They are a respected source and I hardly think they would wrecklessly provide information about add ons or other such items.
 
Saying that's just my opinion, as though all opinions are equal is not correct.  You provide no grouds for your opinion except suspicion.  I have provided the reputation of the person who had the add on signed, it's excellent, and the reputation of a source that spread information about the add on.
 
I'm not trying to give you a hard time but, given the amount of interest in Webvisum, I want to discourage unfounded suspicion.
 
gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2016 2:14 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox 46.0.1 and Webvisum: Working perfectly well!

Well OK this is your opinion. It was James Sholes, but still I don't care what rigamarole he whent though to sign it. Chris Taught the former programmer of the Qube is in the process of writing a CAPTIA solver. I'm hoping to see it's release soon. It will work with FF, IE 11, and IOS later on down the road.


On 5/10/2016 3:03 PM, Gene wrote:
The, as you characterize it, convoluted add on is not one.  it was taken through the signing procedure by a respected and trusted member of the blind computer using community.  Nothing was changed except that it is signed in a way Firefox recognizes as legitimate.  I don't remember the name now, but numerous members of this community will vouch for him.  There is no reason to believe the add on is unsafe. 
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2016 1:44 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox 46.0.1 and Webvisum: Working perfectly well!

If you try and download it off the Web Visum site FF will sill prevent
you from downloading a unverified add-on. I don't trust this as Brian
said "convoluted add-on".


On 5/10/2016 9:12 AM, Mallard wrote:
> Oh, that's really great! Finally! We won't have to worry about losing
> it any longer then...
>
> Ciao,
>
> Ollie
>
>
>
>
>
> Il 10/05/2016 12:53, Ron Canazzi ha scritto:
>>
>> Somebody signed it through the convoluted process of doing that for
>> Mozilla and it now works.
>>
>>
>>
>> On 5/10/2016 6:21 AM, Mallard wrote:
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> I've just updated to Firefox 46.0.1, thinking that Webvisum would
>>> stop working. I was ready to set up a portable of an older version,
>>> but... SURPRISE! Webvisum is working as usual...
>>> Good news!
>>> Ciao,
>>> Ollie
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>> --
>> They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
>> They ask: "How Happy are You?"
>> I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"
>>
>
>
>
>






Re: CCleaner on Windows 8.1: programs to be uninstalled list not directly read

Bhavya shah
 

Hi Leeno,
No, it still is the same for me. I need to Tab ahead and back to read
each list item normally. Are you on the latest version of CCleaner?
As time permits, I will try updating the version of CCleaner on my
older laptop to the latest one as well, and then report back to the
list.
Thanks.

On 5/11/16, Lino Morales <linomorales001@...> wrote:
Hey Bavia. I was able to read the list of programs. All I did was alt
tab from TB to C cleaner and for some reason NVDA is reading the list of
items.


On 5/10/2016 3:26 PM, Bhavya shah wrote:
Dear all,
Having purchased a new computer, currently powered by Windows 8.1
Professional, I went about installing some of the necessary programs I
would require. One of them being CCleaner, I installed it from
piriform.com on my current 64 bit system.
However, although frankly speaking, I haven't really done anything
whatsoever with it, I did do this - press Tools button and Tab to the
list of programs to be uninstalled list box. The weirdest
accessibility problem I am facing in this list which was never
experienced by me on my Windows 7 32 bit previous laptop is that
arrowing does not read the name of the newly focused program name
item. What I need to do in order to work around this is arrow to the
next or previous program, and then Shift Tab and Tab back or the vice
versa and then upon renewed focus on the list box, the new item name,
which is the default focus is read out.
This is an especially strange thing I have observed, and would like to
confirm from other people out here whether this is a universally
occurring bug or something odd I am experiencing.
If further testing or information is needed, I am anyways probably
going to try some object navigation and review modes and stuff to get
this information spoken directly, and would also be happy to provide
any log if developers feel imperative.
Thanks.



--
Warm Regards
Bhavya Shah
Using NVDA (Non Visual Desktop Access) free and open source screen
reader for Microsoft Windows
To download a copy of the free screen reader NVDA, please visit
http://www.nvaccess.org/
Using Google Talkback on Motorolla G second generation Lollipop 5.0.2
Reach me through the following means:
Mobile: +91 7506221750
E-mail id: bhavya.shah125@...
Skype id : bhavya.09


Re: CCleaner on Windows 8.1: programs to be uninstalled list not directly read

Lino Morales
 

Hey Bavia. I was able to read the list of programs. All I did was alt tab from TB to C cleaner and for some reason NVDA is reading the list of items.

On 5/10/2016 3:26 PM, Bhavya shah wrote:
Dear all,
Having purchased a new computer, currently powered by Windows 8.1
Professional, I went about installing some of the necessary programs I
would require. One of them being CCleaner, I installed it from
piriform.com on my current 64 bit system.
However, although frankly speaking, I haven't really done anything
whatsoever with it, I did do this - press Tools button and Tab to the
list of programs to be uninstalled list box. The weirdest
accessibility problem I am facing in this list which was never
experienced by me on my Windows 7 32 bit previous laptop is that
arrowing does not read the name of the newly focused program name
item. What I need to do in order to work around this is arrow to the
next or previous program, and then Shift Tab and Tab back or the vice
versa and then upon renewed focus on the list box, the new item name,
which is the default focus is read out.
This is an especially strange thing I have observed, and would like to
confirm from other people out here whether this is a universally
occurring bug or something odd I am experiencing.
If further testing or information is needed, I am anyways probably
going to try some object navigation and review modes and stuff to get
this information spoken directly, and would also be happy to provide
any log if developers feel imperative.
Thanks.