Date   
speak password addon

Don H
 

Is there any actions being taken to make the speak passwords addon compatible with 2019.3?

Re: 2019.3 how to use Emoticons

Robert Mendoza
 

Hi, I got fine to manage to solve my concern. Thanks a lot!  😉

On 12/10/2019 9:23 AM, Robert Mendoza via Groups.Io wrote:
HI, Molly and others


Emojis panel works fine and perfect. However, I could not able to copy it.Maybe someone here could give info on how to get and use

On 12/9/2019 10:56 PM, molly the blind tech lover wrote:
I like the emoji panel ☺

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Nikola Jovic
Sent: Monday, December 9, 2019 8:55 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] 2019.3 how to use Emoticons

For emoticons, the addon helps to insert them without remembering each simbol. As for emoji, if you use Windows 10, there is something called the emoji panel. To access it, you use windows plus . period, and pick the one you want to insert either by choosing a category, or just by searching for an emoji. Your recently used simbols will always be at the top.

On 12/9/19, Robert Mendoza <lowvisiontek@...> wrote:
Thanks but, my question is how will gonna use Emoticon

let say you wanting to pick from the list. Or Do we have to use key
command in order to pick of our choice

and from their we could easily copy and paste to particular editor.

On 12/9/2019 9:14 PM, Nikola Jovic wrote:
It's not. Don't confuse Emoji and emoticon. An emoticon is composed
tipically of a combination of several punctuation marks, like less
than sign and number 3 for the heart emoticon. However, these days
emoji are used more frequently, which are unicode specific simbols
and modern apps often automatically convert emoticons to alternative
emoji. About the emoticons addon itself, it will be ported as the
Python 3 changes are already being tested by the developer. Reading
of emoji is supported by NVDA natively and does not require
additional addons.

On 12/9/19, Robert Mendoza <lowvisiontek@...> wrote:
Hi, since emoticons is already in the core of cycle of 2019.3, my
question is here how to use this features?









Re: 2019.3 how to use Emoticons

Robert Mendoza
 

HI, Molly and others


Emojis panel works fine and perfect. However, I could not able to copy it.Maybe someone here could give info on how to get and use

On 12/9/2019 10:56 PM, molly the blind tech lover wrote:
I like the emoji panel ☺

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Nikola Jovic
Sent: Monday, December 9, 2019 8:55 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] 2019.3 how to use Emoticons

For emoticons, the addon helps to insert them without remembering each simbol. As for emoji, if you use Windows 10, there is something called the emoji panel. To access it, you use windows plus . period, and pick the one you want to insert either by choosing a category, or just by searching for an emoji. Your recently used simbols will always be at the top.

On 12/9/19, Robert Mendoza <lowvisiontek@...> wrote:
Thanks but, my question is how will gonna use Emoticon

let say you wanting to pick from the list. Or Do we have to use key
command in order to pick of our choice

and from their we could easily copy and paste to particular editor.

On 12/9/2019 9:14 PM, Nikola Jovic wrote:
It's not. Don't confuse Emoji and emoticon. An emoticon is composed
tipically of a combination of several punctuation marks, like less
than sign and number 3 for the heart emoticon. However, these days
emoji are used more frequently, which are unicode specific simbols
and modern apps often automatically convert emoticons to alternative
emoji. About the emoticons addon itself, it will be ported as the
Python 3 changes are already being tested by the developer. Reading
of emoji is supported by NVDA natively and does not require
additional addons.

On 12/9/19, Robert Mendoza <lowvisiontek@...> wrote:
Hi, since emoticons is already in the core of cycle of 2019.3, my
question is here how to use this features?








Re: NVDA 2019.3 Beta 1 is out

Quentin Christensen
 

Hi Gary,

I can reproduce that, it looks like it's been an issue for awhile: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/8961  The reason you are hearing the noise is because NVDA plays a sound when an error is recorded to the log in Alpha or Beta versions.  The errors don't seem to affect the actual running of NVDA or Outlook, so running a stable version of NVDA, you wouldn't have noticed anything, even though the errors were still generated.

While it would still be worth aiming to fix these errors, because they don't impact use aside from the error generated, it doesn't tend to be as high priority as something which does affect using the software.

Regards

Quentin.


On Tue, Dec 10, 2019 at 7:02 AM Gary Metzler <gmtravel@...> wrote:

Hi Quentin,

 

I am running the latest windows 10 and nvda beta 1.  The thing I notice is when I start outlook 2016 I get a sound that I never got before.  I just wanted to let you know.  Other then that beta 1 is working fine.  

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: Monday, December 9, 2019 1:24 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA 2019.3 Beta 1 is out

 

Hi everyone,

 

The big news you've all been waiting for - 2019.3 beta 1 is out.  Read the full release notes here: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2019-3beta1-now-available-for-testing/

 

As well as the update to Python, there are lots of exciting things in this release, some of these were covered in In-Process recently: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/in-process-29th-november/ and a few more will be highlighted in the next In-Process

 

Be sure to download it and please do let us know what works and importantly, what doesn't: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2019-3beta1-now-available-for-testing/

 

Kind regards

 

Quentin.

 

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

 



--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Re: Speech refactor?

Quentin Christensen
 

As Joseph said, at this stage it's mostly an "under the hood" change, but it will make it easier to make changes to speech processing in the future.

On Tue, Dec 10, 2019 at 3:02 AM Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

Hi,

Basically, a rewrite of how NVDA processes and sends speech commands to synthesizers (at least that’s in layman’s terms).

Cheers,

Josephj

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Lino Morales
Sent: Monday, December 9, 2019 9:52 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Speech refactor?

 

OK I just read the what’s new. So what is this speech refactor about? No mention of it.

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Sent from Mail for Windows 10

                                                                                                               

 



--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Re: NVDA 2019.3 Beta 1 is out

Luke Davis
 

What is your logging level set to under general?

And for all our sakes, please consider changing the subject when you're getting specific about a question on someone's announcement thread. Thread-jacking is not helpful to anyone.

Luke

On Mon, 9 Dec 2019, Gary Metzler wrote:

Here is some additional info.  I tried nvda with all addons disabled and got the same noise.

Re: Skype add-on with NVDA 2019.3 and Python 3

Cordelia Scharpf
 

Many thanks to all of you who took the time to respond to my query. I am very glad to have found this supportive community.

Gene, many thanks for alerting me to your tutorials, which I will check out. Yes, the Skype add-on operating with Skype 7 (Classic) let you read up to to 10 messages by using the respective number and key combination. Skype 7 is no longer available despite a big outcry amongst its dedicated users. I am glad to know that Skype 8 is working all right with NVDA on Windows PCs.

Best,
Cordelia

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of hurrikennyandopo ...
Sent: Monday, December 09, 2019 8:38 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Skype add-on with NVDA 2019.3 and Python 3

Hi Cordelia


Skype works well without the add on.


I use the desk top version of it . I think the add on would let you read
the last 10 messages? by using a key combo.


the skype version with the pc you need to do a lot more tabbing etc for
it that one I have not been back into for a while but do have tutorials
on my website for them. I do not even think at the moment skype 7 can be
used I heard it was going to be end of life then extended so it could be
on the trash heap now.


Those tutorials can be found on my web site at
http://accessibilitycentral.net/nvda%20tutorials%20for%20other%20programs.html
if you are interested.


Gene nz



On 9/12/2019 11:42 pm, Cordelia Scharpf wrote:
Hi:

Does anybody use or test Skype add-on with NVDA 2019.3 and Python 3 on
Windows 10? If not, how readily accessible is Skype running on Windows 10
and NVDA without an add-on? I was in touch with Doug Lee, its developer, who
told me (and I paraphrase) that his add-on did not work too well with the
current and older NVDA versions. Whether and how soon he might update his
add-on, I do not know and it may depend on how useful users may find it.

Best,
Cordelia



Re: NVDA 2019.3 Beta 1 is out

abdul muhamin
 

Hi all, its good that the NVDA has been updated to 2019.3b1. but its sad for me that my favorite addon, file reader is incompatible with this version, is there any solution for this addon? Or is there any alternative available? I use this when I’m gaming. thanks

 

Regards

Abdulmuhamin.

Chief content officer at

Blind Help Project

Contact me through the following!

On Facebook

On twitter

On skype

On WhatsApp

E-mail me at

A.Muhamin@...

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Quentin Christensen
Sent: Monday, December 9, 2019 11:24 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA 2019.3 Beta 1 is out

 

Hi everyone,

 

The big news you've all been waiting for - 2019.3 beta 1 is out.  Read the full release notes here: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2019-3beta1-now-available-for-testing/

 

As well as the update to Python, there are lots of exciting things in this release, some of these were covered in In-Process recently: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/in-process-29th-november/ and a few more will be highlighted in the next In-Process

 

Be sure to download it and please do let us know what works and importantly, what doesn't: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2019-3beta1-now-available-for-testing/

 

Kind regards

 

Quentin.

 

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

 

 

Re: rs games client with NVDA

Nikola Jovic
 

It is not page up and down, you use ctrl page up and down for chats. I
believe ctrl h opens the list of all shortcuts available.

On 12/9/19, Jimmy Vonderlinden via Groups.Io
<jimmyv1130=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
for anyone that plays rs games here, how do you read the last message that
came in, I am talking about chat messages when chatting with a player. The
page up and down arrow keys do not seam to work within the client, like they
do in jaws. Has anyone found any workarounds? Sometimes in a fast moving
game, I want to be able to hear the last chat message spoken in the history
Thanks for any help



Re: NVDA 2019.3 Beta 1 is out

Gary Metzler
 

Hi Quentin,

 

Here is some additional info.  I tried nvda with all addons disabled and got the same noise.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: Monday, December 9, 2019 1:24 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA 2019.3 Beta 1 is out

 

Hi everyone,

 

The big news you've all been waiting for - 2019.3 beta 1 is out.  Read the full release notes here: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2019-3beta1-now-available-for-testing/

 

As well as the update to Python, there are lots of exciting things in this release, some of these were covered in In-Process recently: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/in-process-29th-november/ and a few more will be highlighted in the next In-Process

 

Be sure to download it and please do let us know what works and importantly, what doesn't: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2019-3beta1-now-available-for-testing/

 

Kind regards

 

Quentin.

 

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

 

Re: regular expression for correctly speaking numbers followed by an apostrophe

hurrikennyandopo ...
 

Hi Tyler


Could I put how to do that on my web site for others to follow? I just done it on this pc and hear it spoken out correctly.


I can also add your name at the bottom of it so they know who said how to do it.


It might go on the nvda tutorials page or maybe the audio one?


Gene nz

On 10/12/2019 5:26 am, Tyler Spivey wrote:
Match: (\d+)'
Replace: \1 feet
Type: regexp
On Mon, Dec 09, 2019 at 11:19:58AM -0500, Dan Beaver wrote:
<html>
<head>

<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
</head>
<body text="#000000" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
<p><tt>I need to figure out how to setup a regular expression in the
pronunciation tables.  I have docs that have lots of foot
measurements given as the number of feet followed immediately by
an apostrophe.  I want it to speak 25' as say 25feet. I can't
figure out how to enter the regular expression so it will work
with any foot measurement in this format.</tt></p>
<p><tt><br>
</tt></p>
<p><tt>any ideas?</tt></p>
<p><tt><br>
</tt></p>
<p><tt>Thanks.</tt></p>
<p><tt><br>
</tt></p>
<p><tt></tt><br>
</p>
<pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">--
Dan Beaver (KA4DAN)</pre>
</body>
</html>

<div width="1" style="color:white;clear:both"></div>

Re: NVDA 2019.3 Beta 1 is out

Gary Metzler
 

Hi Quentin,

 

I am running the latest windows 10 and nvda beta 1.  The thing I notice is when I start outlook 2016 I get a sound that I never got before.  I just wanted to let you know.  Other then that beta 1 is working fine.  

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: Monday, December 9, 2019 1:24 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA 2019.3 Beta 1 is out

 

Hi everyone,

 

The big news you've all been waiting for - 2019.3 beta 1 is out.  Read the full release notes here: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2019-3beta1-now-available-for-testing/

 

As well as the update to Python, there are lots of exciting things in this release, some of these were covered in In-Process recently: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/in-process-29th-november/ and a few more will be highlighted in the next In-Process

 

Be sure to download it and please do let us know what works and importantly, what doesn't: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2019-3beta1-now-available-for-testing/

 

Kind regards

 

Quentin.

 

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

 

Re: Skype add-on with NVDA 2019.3 and Python 3

hurrikennyandopo ...
 

Hi Cordelia


Skype works well without the add on.


I use the desk top version of it . I think the add on would let you read the last 10 messages? by using a key combo.


the skype version with the pc you need to do a lot more tabbing etc for it that one I have not been back into for a while but do have tutorials on my website for them. I do not even think at the moment skype 7 can be used I heard it was going to be end of life then extended so it could be on the trash heap now.


Those tutorials can be found on my web site at http://accessibilitycentral.net/nvda%20tutorials%20for%20other%20programs.html if you are interested.


Gene nz

On 9/12/2019 11:42 pm, Cordelia Scharpf wrote:
Hi:

Does anybody use or test Skype add-on with NVDA 2019.3 and Python 3 on
Windows 10? If not, how readily accessible is Skype running on Windows 10
and NVDA without an add-on? I was in touch with Doug Lee, its developer, who
told me (and I paraphrase) that his add-on did not work too well with the
current and older NVDA versions. Whether and how soon he might update his
add-on, I do not know and it may depend on how useful users may find it.

Best,
Cordelia


Re: NVDA 2019.3 Beta 1 is out

Rui Fontes
 

Hello!


For Vocalizer Expressive from Tiflotecnia, we kindly request to deactivate the license, perform the update of NVDA, update the Vocalizer Expressive driver and reactivate the license...

Note that the availability of a activation deactived take some hours... so, if you have 0 activations remaining, contact us first...


The new sdriver should be uploaded to our webpage in a couple of days...


Rui Fontes

Tiflotecnia, Lda.


Às 16:55 de 09/12/2019, Mike Sedmak escreveu:

Will python 3 compatible synthesizers be backwards compatible with 2019.2?
Or will vocalizer and other synth users need to:
1. disable the current synth
2. upgrade to 2019.3
3. Download the synth update and re-enable the synthesizer

Thanks,
Mike

On 12/9/19, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...> wrote:
Replying to everyone at once just to save traffic:

Kostadin: I'm not sure when the translation freeze will begin, I'd suggest
likely early in the new year, but don't quote me on that - I'll try to get
you a more up to date answer.

Shaun: I'm not sure what you were replying to there about not wanting
another announcement? Which one don't you want? Also re audio themes,
yes, it will come, not in 2019.3, but it will come :)

Robert: Feel free to try the beta out, even if you are using non-standard
add-ons, at least you can work out what will work and what won't and maybe
find an alternative way for some things or convince add-on authors to
update (and ideally publish on the community page - unless they....
wouldn't meet the legal requirements, shall we say, in which case, do
consider finding an alternative :))

Gene: Glad the update didn't break your startup setting. Fingers crossed
it works from now on! :)

Quentin.

On Mon, Dec 9, 2019 at 7:52 PM hurrikennyandopo ... <
hurrikennyandopo@...> wrote:

Hi Quentin


I noticed this time when I down loaded the beta it keeped my setting for
starting nvda when windows starts up. it used to un check the box so glad
it is fixed.


Well I am guessing it will stay the same from now on with each beta
update?


Gene nz


On 9/12/2019 8:32 pm, Quentin Christensen wrote:

Hi Sky,

The copy to clipboard etc conversation comes up regularly. For now, I'll
just direct you to my comment last time this came up:
https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda/message/66783

Re Remote, there are arguments for and against that. For, as you say,
means new users don't need to install an update. Against is we often get
asked by companies installing NVDA about security and what data NVDA can
or
does send. Currently, it's quite easy to answer, as the program sends
very
little information and no personal information or speech content or what
the user is doing. If we included Remote in the core, we'd need to work
out how to keep everyone happy. I'm not saying we can't or wouldn't, but
it won't be in 2019.3 (not least of which because aside from whether we
agree or not, we don't tend to add too many new features after we release
a
beta - from now on, work on 2019.3 will primarily be around stability and
addressing any issues which get reported. New features will still be
worked on, but for Alpha releases looking towards inclusion in 2019.1.

Regards

Quentin.

On Mon, Dec 9, 2019 at 6:21 PM Sky Mundell <skyt@...> wrote:

Hello Quentin. I have downloaded the NVDA 2019.3.1 Beta release, and I
have noticed a huge improvements over the 2019.2 one. Speech refactor is
certainly a wonderful thing and I applaud speech refactor very much.
However, there is one suggestion that could be included in the next
betas.
And that is the ability to have NVDA say, copied to clipboard, cut to
clipboard, without the need for an add-on, and the second is I’d like to
see the remote functionality built into the core of NVDA so that those
of
us who train on NVDA like myself can help clients without them having to
install add-ons. Thanks, Sky.



*From:* nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] *On Behalf Of
*Quentin
Christensen
*Sent:* Sunday, December 08, 2019 10:24 PM
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io
*Subject:* [nvda] NVDA 2019.3 Beta 1 is out



Hi everyone,



The big news you've all been waiting for - 2019.3 beta 1 is out. Read
the full release notes here:
https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2019-3beta1-now-available-for-testing/



As well as the update to Python, there are lots of exciting things in
this release, some of these were covered in In-Process recently:
https://www.nvaccess.org/post/in-process-29th-november/ and a few more
will be highlighted in the next In-Process



Be sure to download it and please do let us know what works and
importantly, what doesn't:
https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2019-3beta1-now-available-for-testing/



Kind regards



Quentin.



--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager



Web: www.nvaccess.org

Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/

User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>
--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Web: www.nvaccess.org
Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/
User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>



--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Web: www.nvaccess.org
Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/
User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>



rs games client with NVDA

Jimmy Vonderlinden
 

for anyone that plays rs games here, how do you read the last message that came in, I am talking about chat messages when chatting with a player. The page up and down arrow keys do not seam to work within the client, like they do in jaws. Has anyone found any workarounds? Sometimes in a fast moving game, I want to be able to hear the last chat message spoken in the history
Thanks for any help

Re: Recommendations of IDE or command line interface for Python newby?

Vincent Le Goff
 

This would come in much too late but perhaps some people would have the same question.


As far as I'm concerned I use the Windows CLI.  True, it's horrible, it's a bit slow, it doesn't come with a lot of useful things, but all that can be set up.  I usually install Cygwin to have a Linux feel to my Windows command-line (and this is not required anymore if you're using Windows 10, I think).  The only thing I couldn't do on the Windows CLI was to have tabs, I need to have several consoles open and it's a bit of a pain, but otherwise I'm not complaining.


I have not much patience with IDEs.  They tend to be extremely heavy and not extremely accessible.  My experiences so far with Visual Studio, Eclipse and a lot of others has been the same: with a screen reader, it turns out to be much easier to do things with the console.  A good editor is really what should matter and notepad++ is good (though my first choice usually is notepad2, though it doesn't have as many options but I don't use a lot of them anyway).


So if anyone is going to learn Python and wondering what tools to use, I'd recommend:


1. Spending a bit of time to customize the Windows command line, if you have to work in Windows.  You don't need much but you'll definitely have to be comfortable with the tool and NVDA review mode to get access to the information.

2. Get a good editor.  notepad2 and notepad++ seem light and you shouldn't need much more.  Some people would disagree and encourage an IDE, usually I don't find the time worth it.  But that's just my opinion.

3. Get to know the tools you'll need to use.  Most of them will be accessible in the console.  PDB to debug and the unittest package in Python.  pip and virtualenv.  All that can be easily used with the command-line, as can Git and other control version systems.


HTH,


Vincent

On 11/18/2019 8:39 PM, Sascha Cowley via Groups.Io wrote:

I've never had a problem using the windows CLI.

On 19/11/2019 02:57, Aine Kelly Costello wrote:

Hi all,

?

I?m doing a data journalism course, and one part of it (starting Wednesday) is learning basic Python. I?m using NVDA and Notepad++, and as I understand, I need to set up a way to use a command line as apparently the Windows command line alone is not so user-friendly.

?

I know I will be using the Beautiful Soup library for web-scraping, but other than that, don?t have much info yet.

?

Many thanks in advance for any assistance!

?

?ine

Re: NVDA 2019.3 Beta 1 is out

Lino Morales
 

I think Ruie is better equipped to answer this, but I believe the Vocalizer add-on is Pithone 3 ready.

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Sent from Mail for Windows 10

                                                                                                               

 

From: Mike Sedmak
Sent: Monday, December 9, 2019 11:55 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA 2019.3 Beta 1 is out

 

Will python 3 compatible synthesizers be backwards compatible with 2019.2?
Or will vocalizer and other synth users need to:
1. disable the current synth
2. upgrade to 2019.3
3. Download the synth update and re-enable the synthesizer

Thanks,
Mike

On 12/9/19, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...> wrote:
> Replying to everyone at once just to save traffic:
>
> Kostadin: I'm not sure when the translation freeze will begin, I'd suggest
> likely early in the new year, but don't quote me on that - I'll try to get
> you a more up to date answer.
>
> Shaun: I'm not sure what you were replying to there about not wanting
> another announcement?  Which one don't you want?  Also re audio themes,
> yes, it will come, not in 2019.3, but it will come :)
>
> Robert: Feel free to try the beta out, even if you are using non-standard
> add-ons, at least you can work out what will work and what won't and maybe
> find an alternative way for some things or convince add-on authors to
> update (and ideally publish on the community page - unless they....
> wouldn't meet the legal requirements, shall we say, in which case, do
> consider finding an alternative :))
>
> Gene: Glad the update didn't break your startup setting.  Fingers crossed
> it works from now on! :)
>
> Quentin.
>
> On Mon, Dec 9, 2019 at 7:52 PM hurrikennyandopo ... <
> hurrikennyandopo@...> wrote:
>
>> Hi Quentin
>>
>>
>> I noticed this time when I down loaded the beta it keeped my setting for
>> starting nvda when windows starts up. it used to un check the box so glad
>> it is fixed.
>>
>>
>> Well I am guessing it will stay the same from now on with each beta
>> update?
>>
>>
>> Gene nz
>>
>>
>> On 9/12/2019 8:32 pm, Quentin Christensen wrote:
>>
>> Hi Sky,
>>
>> The copy to clipboard etc conversation comes up regularly.  For now, I'll
>> just direct you to my comment last time this came up:
>> https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda/message/66783
>>
>> Re Remote, there are arguments for and against that.  For, as you say,
>> means new users don't need to install an update.  Against is we often get
>> asked by companies installing NVDA about security and what data NVDA can
>> or
>> does send.  Currently, it's quite easy to answer, as the program sends
>> very
>> little information and no personal information or speech content or what
>> the user is doing.  If we included Remote in the core, we'd need to work
>> out how to keep everyone happy.  I'm not saying we can't or wouldn't, but
>> it won't be in 2019.3 (not least of which because aside from whether we
>> agree or not, we don't tend to add too many new features after we release
>> a
>> beta - from now on, work on 2019.3 will primarily be around stability and
>> addressing any issues which get reported.  New features will still be
>> worked on, but for Alpha releases looking towards inclusion in 2019.1.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Quentin.
>>
>> On Mon, Dec 9, 2019 at 6:21 PM Sky Mundell <skyt@...> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello Quentin. I have downloaded the NVDA 2019.3.1 Beta release, and I
>>> have noticed a huge improvements over the 2019.2 one. Speech refactor is
>>> certainly a wonderful thing and I applaud speech refactor very much.
>>> However, there is one suggestion that could be included in the next
>>> betas.
>>> And that is the ability to have NVDA say, copied to clipboard, cut to
>>> clipboard, without the need for an add-on, and the second is I’d like to
>>> see the remote functionality built into the core of NVDA so that those
>>> of
>>> us who train on NVDA like myself can help clients without them having to
>>> install add-ons. Thanks, Sky.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> *From:* nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] *On Behalf Of
>>> *Quentin
>>> Christensen
>>> *Sent:* Sunday, December 08, 2019 10:24 PM
>>> *To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io
>>> *Subject:* [nvda] NVDA 2019.3 Beta 1 is out
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> The big news you've all been waiting for - 2019.3 beta 1 is out.  Read
>>> the full release notes here:
>>> https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2019-3beta1-now-available-for-testing/
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> As well as the update to Python, there are lots of exciting things in
>>> this release, some of these were covered in In-Process recently:
>>> https://www.nvaccess.org/post/in-process-29th-november/ and a few more
>>> will be highlighted in the next In-Process
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Be sure to download it and please do let us know what works and
>>> importantly, what doesn't:
>>> https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2019-3beta1-now-available-for-testing/
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Kind regards
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Quentin.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Quentin Christensen
>>> Training and Support Manager
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Web: www.nvaccess.org
>>>
>>> Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
>>>
>>> Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/
>>>
>>> User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
>>>
>>> Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
>>> Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>
>>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Quentin Christensen
>> Training and Support Manager
>>
>> Web: www.nvaccess.org
>> Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
>> Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/
>> User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
>> Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
>> Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
> --
> Quentin Christensen
> Training and Support Manager
>
> Web: www.nvaccess.org
> Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
> Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/
> User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
> Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
> Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>
>
>
>
>

 

Re: NVDA 2019.3 Beta 1 is out

Mike Sedmak
 

Will python 3 compatible synthesizers be backwards compatible with 2019.2?
Or will vocalizer and other synth users need to:
1. disable the current synth
2. upgrade to 2019.3
3. Download the synth update and re-enable the synthesizer

Thanks,
Mike

On 12/9/19, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...> wrote:
Replying to everyone at once just to save traffic:

Kostadin: I'm not sure when the translation freeze will begin, I'd suggest
likely early in the new year, but don't quote me on that - I'll try to get
you a more up to date answer.

Shaun: I'm not sure what you were replying to there about not wanting
another announcement? Which one don't you want? Also re audio themes,
yes, it will come, not in 2019.3, but it will come :)

Robert: Feel free to try the beta out, even if you are using non-standard
add-ons, at least you can work out what will work and what won't and maybe
find an alternative way for some things or convince add-on authors to
update (and ideally publish on the community page - unless they....
wouldn't meet the legal requirements, shall we say, in which case, do
consider finding an alternative :))

Gene: Glad the update didn't break your startup setting. Fingers crossed
it works from now on! :)

Quentin.

On Mon, Dec 9, 2019 at 7:52 PM hurrikennyandopo ... <
hurrikennyandopo@...> wrote:

Hi Quentin


I noticed this time when I down loaded the beta it keeped my setting for
starting nvda when windows starts up. it used to un check the box so glad
it is fixed.


Well I am guessing it will stay the same from now on with each beta
update?


Gene nz


On 9/12/2019 8:32 pm, Quentin Christensen wrote:

Hi Sky,

The copy to clipboard etc conversation comes up regularly. For now, I'll
just direct you to my comment last time this came up:
https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda/message/66783

Re Remote, there are arguments for and against that. For, as you say,
means new users don't need to install an update. Against is we often get
asked by companies installing NVDA about security and what data NVDA can
or
does send. Currently, it's quite easy to answer, as the program sends
very
little information and no personal information or speech content or what
the user is doing. If we included Remote in the core, we'd need to work
out how to keep everyone happy. I'm not saying we can't or wouldn't, but
it won't be in 2019.3 (not least of which because aside from whether we
agree or not, we don't tend to add too many new features after we release
a
beta - from now on, work on 2019.3 will primarily be around stability and
addressing any issues which get reported. New features will still be
worked on, but for Alpha releases looking towards inclusion in 2019.1.

Regards

Quentin.

On Mon, Dec 9, 2019 at 6:21 PM Sky Mundell <skyt@...> wrote:

Hello Quentin. I have downloaded the NVDA 2019.3.1 Beta release, and I
have noticed a huge improvements over the 2019.2 one. Speech refactor is
certainly a wonderful thing and I applaud speech refactor very much.
However, there is one suggestion that could be included in the next
betas.
And that is the ability to have NVDA say, copied to clipboard, cut to
clipboard, without the need for an add-on, and the second is I’d like to
see the remote functionality built into the core of NVDA so that those
of
us who train on NVDA like myself can help clients without them having to
install add-ons. Thanks, Sky.



*From:* nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] *On Behalf Of
*Quentin
Christensen
*Sent:* Sunday, December 08, 2019 10:24 PM
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io
*Subject:* [nvda] NVDA 2019.3 Beta 1 is out



Hi everyone,



The big news you've all been waiting for - 2019.3 beta 1 is out. Read
the full release notes here:
https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2019-3beta1-now-available-for-testing/



As well as the update to Python, there are lots of exciting things in
this release, some of these were covered in In-Process recently:
https://www.nvaccess.org/post/in-process-29th-november/ and a few more
will be highlighted in the next In-Process



Be sure to download it and please do let us know what works and
importantly, what doesn't:
https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2019-3beta1-now-available-for-testing/



Kind regards



Quentin.



--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager



Web: www.nvaccess.org

Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/

User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Web: www.nvaccess.org
Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/
User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>



--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Web: www.nvaccess.org
Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/
User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>



Re: Skype add-on with NVDA 2019.3 and Python 3

Lino Morales
 

I meant to say its not needed. I had forgotten Doug has an add-on.

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Sent from Mail for Windows 10

                                                                                                               

 

From: Cordelia Scharpf
Sent: Monday, December 9, 2019 11:35 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Skype add-on with NVDA 2019.3 and Python 3

 

Hi Lino,

 

You say that an add-on is needed, yet on the other hand you say it works well with the alpha builds. What would you like to see the add-on do better? This is a question Doug Lee would like to see users of NVDA address so that he can improve upon the Skype 8 add-on.

 

Thanks,

Cordelia

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Lino Morales
Sent: Monday, December 09, 2019 4:56 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Skype add-on with NVDA 2019.3 and Python 3

 

Add-on is needed. Skype 8 works great with NVDA. I’m using the alpha builds right now and works like a champ.

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Sent from Mail for Windows 10

                                                                                                               

 

From: Cordelia Scharpf
Sent: Monday, December 9, 2019 5:42 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Skype add-on with NVDA 2019.3 and Python 3

 

Hi:

Does anybody use or test Skype add-on with NVDA 2019.3 and Python 3 on
Windows 10? If not, how readily accessible is Skype running on Windows 10
and NVDA without an add-on? I was in touch with Doug Lee, its developer, who
told me (and I paraphrase) that his add-on did not work too well with the
current and older NVDA versions. Whether and how soon he might update his
add-on, I do not know and it may depend on how useful users may find it.

Best,
Cordelia

 

 

Re: Skype add-on with NVDA 2019.3 and Python 3

Cordelia Scharpf
 

Hi Sarah,

 

I downloaded Doug Lee’s add-on from his own website sometime last year, thinking that this was the one to run with Skype 8 on my Windows 7 desktop. Am I wrong? I have yet to switch to Windows 10 in the coming weeks, hence my original query about running it with NVDA 19.3 (beta 1) and Python 3 which some of the users might test.

 

As for Skype for iPhones, that’s a different matter and  is no issue for me. It’s working OK even though I dislike swiping back and forth and not being able to use key commands to more efficiently executre commands. But, again, that’s off topic.

 

Thanks,

Cordelia

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sarah k Alawami
Sent: Monday, December 09, 2019 5:14 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Skype add-on with NVDA 2019.3 and Python 3

 

I can actually sue skype accessibly with nvda with out an add on, have ben since last year. It actually works quite well. This is skype electron direct from skype's site, not from the app store By the way.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. This is also our libsyn page as well.

to subscribe to the feed click here

Our telegram channel is also a good place for an announce only in regard to podcasts, contests, etc.

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on youtube, twitch and mixer. Thanks Restream staff.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 9 Dec 2019, at 7:55, Lino Morales wrote:

Add-on is needed. Skype 8 works great with NVDA. I’m using the alpha builds right now and works like a champ.

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Sent from Mail for Windows 10

                                                                                                               

 

From: Cordelia Scharpf
Sent: Monday, December 9, 2019 5:42 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Skype add-on with NVDA 2019.3 and Python 3

 

Hi:

Does anybody use or test Skype add-on with NVDA 2019.3 and Python 3 on
Windows 10? If not, how readily accessible is Skype running on Windows 10
and NVDA without an add-on? I was in touch with Doug Lee, its developer, who
told me (and I paraphrase) that his add-on did not work too well with the
current and older NVDA versions. Whether and how soon he might update his
add-on, I do not know and it may depend on how useful users may find it.

Best,
Cordelia