Date   

Re: Basic Training for NVDA - Official NVDA training material now available!

Rosemarie Chavarria
 

Hi,

It might have been another member who was struggling to switch to NVDA. I've been using it full-time now since 2011.

Rosemarie

-----Original Message-----
From: Bhavya shah
Sent: Sunday, April 17, 2016 4:52 AM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Basic Training for NVDA - Official NVDA training material now available!

Hi Rosemary,
I am sure it will - there has already been significant interest in a
regional Indian community about availing similar training material and
modules in the Gujarati language for the benefit of their convenience.
Discussions are going on there currently, and I am about to send them
the link of Basic Training for NVDA ebook and its sample chapters as
requested.
I also recall a particular member, perhaps you Rosemary or most likely
someone else, that certain hearing cum visually impaired computer
users were struggling to switch to NVDA due to lack of textual
documentation, which is a problem solved now.
Thanks.

On 4/17/16, Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@...> wrote:
Hi,

I’m sure eventually the new training material for NVDA will be translated
into other languages. Yes, I think it will make things easier for people to
switch from Jaws to NVDA.

Rosemarie



From: Supanut Leepaisomboon
Sent: Saturday, April 16, 2016 3:25 AM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Basic Training for NVDA - Official NVDA training
material now available!

Hi,

thanks for the fast reply. With this training material, I think trying to
promote NVDA in a country like Thailand where most visually-impaired users
still use Jaws should be easier as they would at least know there is a
reliable training material to refer to, albeit in English, which may pose a
problem for visually-impaired Thais who can't understand English well, but
hopefully one day this material will be translated into other languages
including Thai.

Having used NVDA for a while, and having actually used it in real-world
situation in the classroom, I'm now feeling confident to actually start
promoting NVDA on a large-scale in Thailand, with the goal of it eventually
replacing Jaws as the main screen reader for blind people in Thailand.



--
Warm Regards
Bhavya Shah
Using NVDA (Non Visual Desktop Access) free and open source screen
reader for Microsoft Windows
To download a copy of the free screen reader NVDA, please visit
http://www.nvaccess.org/
Using Google Talkback on Motorolla G second generation Lollipop 5.0.2
Reach me through the following means:
Mobile: +91 7506221750
E-mail id: bhavya.shah125@...
Skype id : bhavya.09


Re: Question Regarding Eloquence for NVDA from Code Factory

Ron Canazzi
 

Hi Group,

As per list instructions, I will not promote, defend usage of or initiate discussion of the said 'illegal' version of Eloquence that is rather popular among users of all kinds. Without getting too political, my biggest beef with the situation is the the copyright/patent holders (after transfer numberous times--I forget who it is now) they ban unauthorized usage, but won't sell it via single or group license to anyone who doesn't already have it like Freedom Scientific and G.W. Micro/whatever the company name is for the new conglomerate.

The Code factory SAPI 5 is passable and I have indeed purchased a copy. I downloaded a demo of the legal version synthesizer from Code Factory and it has numerous issues--many of which have already been discussed on this list. When I e-mailed Code Factory a number of times about future updates and whether or not I could test them with a new demo for 7 days, I received no responses. (Maybe there's a language barrier--since the page is obviously written by non English speakers--but It's difficult to definitively determine.)

Just my 2 centavos.

On 4/17/2016 10:44 AM, Afrim wrote:
Hello Greg,
I see this point in a different prospective.
When you buy a product, what do you consider to be worth the price?
Do you know when was the last time Eloquence was updated? It's been many
years so far.
If eloquence was sold to code factory for a greater purpose in terms of
development and TTS progression, I would be more than happy to pay. Despite
being the best TTS and the most comprehensive voice amongst all, eloquence
actually faces many issues. The most important one is the group of crashing
word which crashes the eloquence so badly. Secondly, this add-on from code
factory is very unintegrated because there are few and probably no words in
the dictionary wordlist. For example, "Mr." is pronounced just M R or etc is
pronounced "etk". The list goes on and on and I promise that you will be
required to add a lot of abriviations which are used today.
When I see all these issues, I don't feel like buying it because the money
I'm spending is nearly being wasted.
I would rather prefer to buy another TTS like Ivona or acapela because I
have eloquence and it is working pretty good.
No bad reputation is created upon users of a free and open source program
because anyone who's good at programming can freely modify the application
in the way he wants. It's too easy, isn't it?

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Wocher [mailto:gwocher@...]
Sent: Sunday, April 17, 2016 1:05 PM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Question Regarding Eloquence for NVDA from Code Factory

Hello,
I want to give those of you who use the illegal eloquence add on some food
for thought. When you do it and proudly proclaim that you do, you give NVDA
and its users a bad reputation. I think I may purchase the Code Factory add
on later this afternoon from AT Guys and I will let you all know if it gets
rid of the choppiness.

Regards,
Greg Wocher

On 4/17/2016 5:32 AM, Peter Beasley wrote:
My sentiments exactly.

-----Original Message----- From: Afrim
Sent: Sunday, April 17, 2016 6:40 AM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Question Regarding Eloquence for NVDA from Code
Factory

I have been using the old add-on of eloquonce someone made, and I am
not going to pay for a program that does essentially the same thing.
The add-on I am talking about works so fast and reliably.
cheers.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 17, 2016, at 6:22 AM, Kelly Sapergia <ksapergia@...>
wrote:

Hi,

Recently, there was a discussion about alternative voices for NVDA,
such as Code Factory's add-on with Eloquence and Vocalizer. I
mentioned that when I tried this particular product, I noticed that
Eloquence sounded quite choppy compared to other screen readers and
other synths I have for NVDA on my machine running Windows 7.
I also never experienced this with Code Factory's SAPI 5 implementation.
Anyway, I got thinking about it this evening, and decided to do some
searching to see if anyone else was experiencing similar issues. I
found a thread about the add-on in the old NVDA list's archive, and
saw a message stating that the choppiness would go away once the
product was paid for. I was just wondering if this is indeed the
case? If yes, it's not what I'd consider the best way to limit a
trial version, but I might buy it after all.

Thanks.

Yours Sincerely,
Kelly John Sapergia
Show Host and Production Director
The Global Voice Internet Radio
http://www.theglobalvoice.info

Personal Website: http://www.ksapergia.net Business Website (KJS
Productions): http://www.kjsproductions.com Follow me on Twitter at:
kjsapergia










--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"


Basic NVDA Training ebook

Mallard
 

Hello Quentin,

I'm going through the book very thoroughly, because I want to use it to help a friend get started with NVDA, and I don't want to miss any important steps.

I used to work at IBM as a translator in the days when there were "real" technical writers, who could write "real" user's manuals.

I hadn't seen such a well-written, thorough, and complete manual since those days.

I wish to publicly acknowledge the value of this tool, for both beginners and more advanced users.

I would like to encourage whoever can to buy this guide. If you feel you don't need it yourself, consider giving a copy as a valuable gift to someone else, perhaps a friend who can't afford buying it, or simply someone you care for.

This book takes nothing for granted. It explains things and terms in detail, without being pedantic or too verbose. It's just perfect.
Said by someone who spent quite a nice slice of ehr life translating such manuals into Italian... (big grin).

Thanks again to anyone who's contributed to this resource and made it possible.

I'm looking forward to any future material coming from you.

Ciao, with lots of gratitude,
Ollie


Re: Any updates on Weather Plus?

Laz
 

That's strange. It still works here. The command to get the current
weather seems to be a bit finicky but it should work. I find that I
sometimes have to press the NVDA plus W command several times for it
to work.

Laz

On 4/17/16, Lisa P Geibel <lisapgeibel429@...> wrote:
Hi Laz,
Thanks. Got it and installed it, but it didn't work. Oh well. Nothing
lost or gained. Maybe one day it will be back.

Lisa
E-Mail: lisapgeibel429@...
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ldporter1
Twitter: http://twitter.com/LisaLisa429
Philmore box shared with hubby:
773-572-7897
God bless everyone!!!

On 4/16/16 11:27 AM, Laz wrote:
You can get it from this page:

http://jeff.tdrealms.com/NVDA.htm

Just look for the word weather.

Laz

On 4/16/16, Lisa P Geibel <lisapgeibel429@...> wrote:
Hi Laz and all,
I'll try it. Do any of you have a direct link to find this or do I just
look for something to do with weather by this person? Thanks.

Lisa
E-Mail: lisapgeibel429@...
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ldporter1
Twitter: http://twitter.com/LisaLisa429
Philmore box shared with hubby:
773-572-7897
God bless everyone!!!

On 4/15/16 10:49 PM, Andrea Sherry wrote:
I have this installed and found that over the past several days it
failed to work. However it appears to be functioning today.

Andrea


On 16/04/2016 12:35 PM, Life My Way via Groups.io wrote:
strange because I can not get that one to work either.


On 4/15/2016 9:34 AM, Laz wrote:
The old weather add-on by Storm is still working...

Laz

On 4/14/16, Ben J. Bloomgren <bbloomgren@...> wrote:
According to other threads on this list, it has to do with the yahoo
API.
Anyone?

On Apr 13, 2016, at 19:26, Life My Way via Groups.io
<lifemyway=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I am wondering this as well, when i try and add my zip code i get a
message about my internet connection not bing there but I know I am
connected to the internet can anyone please help?

On 4/13/2016 8:55 PM, Gerardo Corripio wrote:
HI listers
I've been offList a few weeks, thus sorry if this has been covered
before. Any update on Weather Plus or its new AddOn for NVDA?





--
Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start
from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Brad




--
Affordably priced Accessible Talking MP3 Players, Accessible phones,
Bluetooth devices, and accessories
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@...
Phone: 727-498-0121
Skype: lazmesa
Personal Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/laz.mesa
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Talkingmp3players?_rdr


Re: Question Regarding Eloquence for NVDA from Code Factory

Afrim <afrim.maja@...>
 

Hello Greg,
I see this point in a different prospective.
When you buy a product, what do you consider to be worth the price?
Do you know when was the last time Eloquence was updated? It's been many
years so far.
If eloquence was sold to code factory for a greater purpose in terms of
development and TTS progression, I would be more than happy to pay. Despite
being the best TTS and the most comprehensive voice amongst all, eloquence
actually faces many issues. The most important one is the group of crashing
word which crashes the eloquence so badly. Secondly, this add-on from code
factory is very unintegrated because there are few and probably no words in
the dictionary wordlist. For example, "Mr." is pronounced just M R or etc is
pronounced "etk". The list goes on and on and I promise that you will be
required to add a lot of abriviations which are used today.
When I see all these issues, I don't feel like buying it because the money
I'm spending is nearly being wasted.
I would rather prefer to buy another TTS like Ivona or acapela because I
have eloquence and it is working pretty good.
No bad reputation is created upon users of a free and open source program
because anyone who's good at programming can freely modify the application
in the way he wants. It's too easy, isn't it?

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Wocher [mailto:gwocher@...]
Sent: Sunday, April 17, 2016 1:05 PM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Question Regarding Eloquence for NVDA from Code Factory

Hello,
I want to give those of you who use the illegal eloquence add on some food
for thought. When you do it and proudly proclaim that you do, you give NVDA
and its users a bad reputation. I think I may purchase the Code Factory add
on later this afternoon from AT Guys and I will let you all know if it gets
rid of the choppiness.

Regards,
Greg Wocher

On 4/17/2016 5:32 AM, Peter Beasley wrote:
My sentiments exactly.

-----Original Message----- From: Afrim
Sent: Sunday, April 17, 2016 6:40 AM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Question Regarding Eloquence for NVDA from Code
Factory

I have been using the old add-on of eloquonce someone made, and I am
not going to pay for a program that does essentially the same thing.
The add-on I am talking about works so fast and reliably.
cheers.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 17, 2016, at 6:22 AM, Kelly Sapergia <ksapergia@...>
wrote:

Hi,

Recently, there was a discussion about alternative voices for NVDA,
such as Code Factory's add-on with Eloquence and Vocalizer. I
mentioned that when I tried this particular product, I noticed that
Eloquence sounded quite choppy compared to other screen readers and
other synths I have for NVDA on my machine running Windows 7.
I also never experienced this with Code Factory's SAPI 5 implementation.
Anyway, I got thinking about it this evening, and decided to do some
searching to see if anyone else was experiencing similar issues. I
found a thread about the add-on in the old NVDA list's archive, and
saw a message stating that the choppiness would go away once the
product was paid for. I was just wondering if this is indeed the
case? If yes, it's not what I'd consider the best way to limit a
trial version, but I might buy it after all.

Thanks.

Yours Sincerely,
Kelly John Sapergia
Show Host and Production Director
The Global Voice Internet Radio
http://www.theglobalvoice.info

Personal Website: http://www.ksapergia.net Business Website (KJS
Productions): http://www.kjsproductions.com Follow me on Twitter at:
kjsapergia







Re: Any updates on Weather Plus?

Rémy Ruiz
 

Hi everybody,

FYI:
Weather plus no longer works any more...

the author of the addon tells us

Hi to every one,

Unfortunately yahoo, in this month has decided to distort the services offered by its APIS and Wp now no longer works.
Now to get all the data it is necessary to make a cycle of calls, and this in addition to increase the waiting time of response, also requires a appkeyy obtainable through registration.
To adapt WP to the use of the new API should distort heavily the code...
So that I can write a new Addon and now I have found and I am studying a new service API that seems to promise good and which I hope can afford to completely, replace Weather Plus.
This is:
http://api.openweathermap.org.

Adriano.

In this page is a oldest version...
http://jeff.tdrealms.com/NVDA.htm
but
it didn't work.
Cheers.
Rémy


Le 17/04/2016 12:52, Lisa P Geibel a écrit :

Hi Laz,
Thanks. Got it and installed it, but it didn't work. Oh well. Nothing lost or gained. Maybe one day it will be back.

Lisa
E-Mail: lisapgeibel429@...
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ldporter1
Twitter: http://twitter.com/LisaLisa429
Philmore box shared with hubby:
773-572-7897
God bless everyone!!!

On 4/16/16 11:27 AM, Laz wrote:
You can get it from this page:

http://jeff.tdrealms.com/NVDA.htm

Just look for the word weather.

Laz

On 4/16/16, Lisa P Geibel <lisapgeibel429@...> wrote:
Hi Laz and all,
I'll try it. Do any of you have a direct link to find this or do I just
look for something to do with weather by this person? Thanks.

Lisa
E-Mail: lisapgeibel429@...
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ldporter1
Twitter: http://twitter.com/LisaLisa429
Philmore box shared with hubby:
773-572-7897
God bless everyone!!!

On 4/15/16 10:49 PM, Andrea Sherry wrote:
I have this installed and found that over the past several days it
failed to work. However it appears to be functioning today.

Andrea


On 16/04/2016 12:35 PM, Life My Way via Groups.io wrote:
strange because I can not get that one to work either.


On 4/15/2016 9:34 AM, Laz wrote:
The old weather add-on by Storm is still working...

Laz

On 4/14/16, Ben J. Bloomgren <bbloomgren@...> wrote:
According to other threads on this list, it has to do with the yahoo
API.
Anyone?

On Apr 13, 2016, at 19:26, Life My Way via Groups.io
<lifemyway@...> wrote:

I am wondering this as well, when i try and add my zip code i get a
message about my internet connection not bing there but I know I am
connected to the internet can anyone please help?

On 4/13/2016 8:55 PM, Gerardo Corripio wrote:
HI listers
I've been offList a few weeks, thus sorry if this has been covered
before. Any update on Weather Plus or its new AddOn for NVDA?













--
Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start
from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Brad













Re: Basic Training for NVDA - Official NVDA training material now available!

Bhavya shah
 

Hi Rosemary,
I am sure it will - there has already been significant interest in a
regional Indian community about availing similar training material and
modules in the Gujarati language for the benefit of their convenience.
Discussions are going on there currently, and I am about to send them
the link of Basic Training for NVDA ebook and its sample chapters as
requested.
I also recall a particular member, perhaps you Rosemary or most likely
someone else, that certain hearing cum visually impaired computer
users were struggling to switch to NVDA due to lack of textual
documentation, which is a problem solved now.
Thanks.

On 4/17/16, Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@...> wrote:
Hi,

I’m sure eventually the new training material for NVDA will be translated
into other languages. Yes, I think it will make things easier for people to
switch from Jaws to NVDA.

Rosemarie



From: Supanut Leepaisomboon
Sent: Saturday, April 16, 2016 3:25 AM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Basic Training for NVDA - Official NVDA training
material now available!

Hi,

thanks for the fast reply. With this training material, I think trying to
promote NVDA in a country like Thailand where most visually-impaired users
still use Jaws should be easier as they would at least know there is a
reliable training material to refer to, albeit in English, which may pose a
problem for visually-impaired Thais who can't understand English well, but
hopefully one day this material will be translated into other languages
including Thai.

Having used NVDA for a while, and having actually used it in real-world
situation in the classroom, I'm now feeling confident to actually start
promoting NVDA on a large-scale in Thailand, with the goal of it eventually
replacing Jaws as the main screen reader for blind people in Thailand.


--
Warm Regards
Bhavya Shah
Using NVDA (Non Visual Desktop Access) free and open source screen
reader for Microsoft Windows
To download a copy of the free screen reader NVDA, please visit
http://www.nvaccess.org/
Using Google Talkback on Motorolla G second generation Lollipop 5.0.2
Reach me through the following means:
Mobile: +91 7506221750
E-mail id: bhavya.shah125@...
Skype id : bhavya.09


Re: NVDA con

Bhavya shah
 

Hi Kenni,
To give you a rough idea of not only the timings for the opener forum
user general chat session but the whole conference agenda in its
totality, please visit www.nvda-kr.org/en/nvdacon.php
In case you have issues with time conversion from UTC to your own,
feel free to revert for more assistance.
Thanks.

On 4/17/16, Joseph Lee <@joslee> wrote:
Hi,
00:00 UTC (5 PM Pacific on the 21st, 8 PM Eastern and elsewhere).
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: Kenny Peyattt jr. [mailto:p.wildcat1234@...]
Sent: Saturday, April 16, 2016 8:04 PM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA con

What time does the nvda confference start on the 22?
Kenny Peyatt jr.






--
Warm Regards
Bhavya Shah
Using NVDA (Non Visual Desktop Access) free and open source screen
reader for Microsoft Windows
To download a copy of the free screen reader NVDA, please visit
http://www.nvaccess.org/
Using Google Talkback on Motorolla G second generation Lollipop 5.0.2
Reach me through the following means:
Mobile: +91 7506221750
E-mail id: bhavya.shah125@...
Skype id : bhavya.09


Re: Question Regarding Eloquence for NVDA from Code Factory

Greg Wocher
 

Hello,
I want to give those of you who use the illegal eloquence add on some food for thought. When you do it and proudly proclaim that you do, you give NVDA and its users a bad reputation. I think I may purchase the Code Factory add on later this afternoon from AT Guys and I will let you all know if it gets rid of the choppiness.

Regards,
Greg Wocher

On 4/17/2016 5:32 AM, Peter Beasley wrote:
My sentiments exactly.

-----Original Message----- From: Afrim
Sent: Sunday, April 17, 2016 6:40 AM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Question Regarding Eloquence for NVDA from Code Factory

I have been using the old add-on of eloquonce someone made, and I am not going to pay for a program that does essentially the same thing. The add-on I am talking about works so fast and reliably.
cheers.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 17, 2016, at 6:22 AM, Kelly Sapergia <ksapergia@...> wrote:

Hi,

Recently, there was a discussion about alternative voices for NVDA, such as Code Factory's add-on with Eloquence and Vocalizer. I mentioned that when I tried this particular product, I noticed that Eloquence sounded quite choppy compared to other screen readers and other synths I have for NVDA on my machine running Windows 7.
I also never experienced this with Code Factory's SAPI 5 implementation.
Anyway, I got thinking about it this evening, and decided to do some searching to see if anyone else was experiencing similar issues. I found a thread about the add-on in the old NVDA list's archive, and saw a message stating that the choppiness would go away once the product was paid for. I was just wondering if this is indeed the case? If yes, it's not what I'd consider the best way to limit a trial version, but I might buy it after all.

Thanks.

Yours Sincerely,
Kelly John Sapergia
Show Host and Production Director
The Global Voice Internet Radio
http://www.theglobalvoice.info

Personal Website: http://www.ksapergia.net
Business Website (KJS Productions): http://www.kjsproductions.com
Follow me on Twitter at: kjsapergia






Re: Any updates on Weather Plus?

Lisa P Geibel
 

Hi Laz,
Thanks. Got it and installed it, but it didn't work. Oh well. Nothing lost or gained. Maybe one day it will be back.

Lisa
E-Mail: lisapgeibel429@...
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ldporter1
Twitter: http://twitter.com/LisaLisa429
Philmore box shared with hubby:
773-572-7897
God bless everyone!!!

On 4/16/16 11:27 AM, Laz wrote:
You can get it from this page:

http://jeff.tdrealms.com/NVDA.htm

Just look for the word weather.

Laz

On 4/16/16, Lisa P Geibel <lisapgeibel429@...> wrote:
Hi Laz and all,
I'll try it. Do any of you have a direct link to find this or do I just
look for something to do with weather by this person? Thanks.

Lisa
E-Mail: lisapgeibel429@...
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ldporter1
Twitter: http://twitter.com/LisaLisa429
Philmore box shared with hubby:
773-572-7897
God bless everyone!!!

On 4/15/16 10:49 PM, Andrea Sherry wrote:
I have this installed and found that over the past several days it
failed to work. However it appears to be functioning today.

Andrea


On 16/04/2016 12:35 PM, Life My Way via Groups.io wrote:
strange because I can not get that one to work either.


On 4/15/2016 9:34 AM, Laz wrote:
The old weather add-on by Storm is still working...

Laz

On 4/14/16, Ben J. Bloomgren <bbloomgren@...> wrote:
According to other threads on this list, it has to do with the yahoo
API.
Anyone?

On Apr 13, 2016, at 19:26, Life My Way via Groups.io
<lifemyway=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I am wondering this as well, when i try and add my zip code i get a
message about my internet connection not bing there but I know I am
connected to the internet can anyone please help?

On 4/13/2016 8:55 PM, Gerardo Corripio wrote:
HI listers
I've been offList a few weeks, thus sorry if this has been covered
before. Any update on Weather Plus or its new AddOn for NVDA?





--
Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start
from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Brad



Re: Why is installing an addon on firefox such a nightmare!

Robert Mendoza
 

Prior to the release of verssion 43 in Firefox, the mozilla firefox team announce a strict compliance that all the addons and extensions should be reviewed and signed with them in order to meet the qualification of the security features being added on the later version of Firefox browser. However, there are some steps or modification in the setup of the mentioned browser in which will void the security features but again, this could be prevalent to installing malware or unwanted toolbars from your browsers that can cause of risk that may cause your browser performance or potential threats as well of your machine. In addition, the below link that was being discussed here earlier is the alternative work around in order to use the full function of the new version of Firefox as long as you have a valid credentials to use webvism.

Robert Mendoza

On 4/17/2016 5:45 PM, nasrin khaksar wrote:
hi again.
what happen for not signed addons in future versions of firefox and
what do people should do if they want to upgreat to the newer version
of firefox?
and since which version of firefox this happen?

On 4/17/16, Ali Colak <alish54@...> wrote:
Thanks to all who've replied. I originally downloaded a portable
coppy of Mozilla on to a thumb drive, than added web visum to that
and it worked. Then I saw the e-mails about the signed version of web
visum onto my actually computer, and that's what I'll be using from
now on.

Thanks again

On 4/16/16, Kevin Chao <kevinchao89@...> wrote:
Webvisum CAPTCHA Solver returns to Firefox
<http://www.blindbargains.com/bargains.php?m=15142>

On Sat, Apr 16, 2016 at 11:19 AM Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

Almost every time I see a statement on technology lists I follow
preceedded with the words I heard or something similar, the statement is
either wrong or very misleading. I quoted and linked to the source I
got
the information from, a Firefox document that is part of a Wiki by
Mozilla. I see no reason to question its accuracy. It appears to come
from the developers.

Gene
----- Original Message -----
*From:* nasrin khaksar <nasrinkhaksar3@...>
*Sent:* Saturday, April 16, 2016 11:18 AM
*To:* nvda@groups.io
*Subject:* Re: [nvda] Why is installing an addon on firefox such a
nightmare!

but i heard that it work well not temporary.

On 4/16/16, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
As a temporary solution, you can do this. As you will see, it is only
temporary.
From https://wiki.mozilla.org/Add-ons/Extension_Signing
•Firefox 43: Firefox has a preference that allows signature
enforcement
to
be disabled (xpinstall.signatures.required in about:config). •Firefox
47:
(Pushed from Firefox 46). Release and Beta versions of Firefox for
Desktop
will not allow unsigned extensions to be installed, with no override.

It wouldn't make sense for Mozilla to have a security requirement of
this
type and give a way to disable it.

Gene
----- original Message -----

From: nasrin khaksar
Sent: Saturday, April 16, 2016 10:02 AM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Why is installing an addon on firefox such a
nightmare!

hi.
someone told me that in the address bar type about:config.
in the list, search and find xpinstall.signatures.required press enter
to deactivate it.
i read firefox new versions and release note and this problem happened
in firefox since version 41.
hope that help.
thank for your question and god bless you.

On 4/16/16, Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
wrote:
I am given to believe that this add on is not approved any more,
either
use

an older version of the Firefox program, or you have to hack about in
the
advanced settings to turn off approval certification.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Ali Colak" <alish54@...>
To: <nvda@groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, April 16, 2016 11:39 AM
Subject: [nvda] Why is installing an addon on firefox such a
nightmare!


Or am I doing something wrong.
Hello to all. Last night I tried to reinstall webvisum, as I have
just baught a new computer. When ever I press the install link, the
notifaction to allow firefox to install the addon comes. I've tried
pressing alt+a several times, and I've tried pressing the space bar
or
enter when it seems that I'm on the allow button, nothing works.
I don't remember seeing any other complaints about this from
anyone,
so is it only me getting something so basic wrong?

Any suggestions?
Ali




--
Those who follow the Messenger-Prophet, the Ummi, whom they find
written down with them in the Taurat and the Injeel [who] enjoins them
good and forbids them evil, and makes lawful to them the good things
and makes unlawful to them impure things, and removes from them their
burden and the shackles which were upon them; so [as for] those who
believe in him and honor him and help him, and follow the light which
has been sent down with him, these it is that are the successful.
holy quran, chapter 7, verse 157.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
al-islam.org


--
Those who follow the Messenger-Prophet, the Ummi, whom they find
written down with them in the Taurat and the Injeel [who] enjoins them
good and forbids them evil, and makes lawful to them the good things
and makes unlawful to them impure things, and removes from them their
burden and the shackles which were upon them; so [as for] those who
believe in him and honor him and help him, and follow the light which
has been sent down with him, these it is that are the successful.
holy quran, chapter 7, verse 157.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
al-islam.org






Re: NVDA reads Unknown with Windows 10 issue

 

hello.
did you try libreoffice?
i use only libreoffice and i believe that no need to continue using
microsoft office with this great and accessible open source office
program.

On 4/16/16, Mohit Singla <bookscoffeeme@...> wrote:
Hi All,

I used system restore to go back to a pre office 2013 installation setting
and NVDA started reading again. Basically it had stopped reading all buttons
and would announce unknown and for links and context menus it stopped
reading all together.

In case any of you have faced this problem or know aanything about it please
let me know.

Regards
Mohit

On 16-Apr-2016, at 11:24 AM, Mohit Singla <bookscoffeeme@...>
wrote:

Hi All,

I am using NVDA 2016.1 with Windows 10 and it was working perfectly till
last Wednesday.

On Wednesday I installed MS Office 2013 Professional+, since then NVDA has
encountered the following issues and basically become unusable:
1. It has stopped reading the taskbar items and just announces Unknown
2. It has stopped reading the context menu on the Start button
3. It has stopped reading every thing in Skype ie contacts, recents, chats
and everything except for announcing Skype when I alt + tab to it
4 In outlook if I hit the application key it reads the context menu
quickly but if I arrow down to any item it does not read it

I am not sure why this is happenning and if it is due to the office
installation or a windows update.

I will really appreciate any help. Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards
Mohit





--
Those who follow the Messenger-Prophet, the Ummi, whom they find
written down with them in the Taurat and the Injeel [who] enjoins them
good and forbids them evil, and makes lawful to them the good things
and makes unlawful to them impure things, and removes from them their
burden and the shackles which were upon them; so [as for] those who
believe in him and honor him and help him, and follow the light which
has been sent down with him, these it is that are the successful.
holy quran, chapter 7, verse 157.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
al-islam.org


Re: Why is installing an addon on firefox such a nightmare!

 

hi again.
what happen for not signed addons in future versions of firefox and
what do people should do if they want to upgreat to the newer version
of firefox?
and since which version of firefox this happen?

On 4/17/16, Ali Colak <alish54@...> wrote:
Thanks to all who've replied. I originally downloaded a portable
coppy of Mozilla on to a thumb drive, than added web visum to that
and it worked. Then I saw the e-mails about the signed version of web
visum onto my actually computer, and that's what I'll be using from
now on.

Thanks again

On 4/16/16, Kevin Chao <kevinchao89@...> wrote:
Webvisum CAPTCHA Solver returns to Firefox
<http://www.blindbargains.com/bargains.php?m=15142>

On Sat, Apr 16, 2016 at 11:19 AM Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

Almost every time I see a statement on technology lists I follow
preceedded with the words I heard or something similar, the statement is
either wrong or very misleading. I quoted and linked to the source I
got
the information from, a Firefox document that is part of a Wiki by
Mozilla. I see no reason to question its accuracy. It appears to come
from the developers.

Gene
----- Original Message -----
*From:* nasrin khaksar <nasrinkhaksar3@...>
*Sent:* Saturday, April 16, 2016 11:18 AM
*To:* nvda@groups.io
*Subject:* Re: [nvda] Why is installing an addon on firefox such a
nightmare!

but i heard that it work well not temporary.

On 4/16/16, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
As a temporary solution, you can do this. As you will see, it is only
temporary.
From https://wiki.mozilla.org/Add-ons/Extension_Signing
•Firefox 43: Firefox has a preference that allows signature
enforcement
to
be disabled (xpinstall.signatures.required in about:config). •Firefox
47:
(Pushed from Firefox 46). Release and Beta versions of Firefox for
Desktop
will not allow unsigned extensions to be installed, with no override.

It wouldn't make sense for Mozilla to have a security requirement of
this
type and give a way to disable it.

Gene
----- original Message -----

From: nasrin khaksar
Sent: Saturday, April 16, 2016 10:02 AM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Why is installing an addon on firefox such a
nightmare!


hi.
someone told me that in the address bar type about:config.
in the list, search and find xpinstall.signatures.required press enter
to deactivate it.
i read firefox new versions and release note and this problem happened
in firefox since version 41.
hope that help.
thank for your question and god bless you.

On 4/16/16, Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
wrote:
I am given to believe that this add on is not approved any more,
either
use

an older version of the Firefox program, or you have to hack about in
the
advanced settings to turn off approval certification.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Ali Colak" <alish54@...>
To: <nvda@groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, April 16, 2016 11:39 AM
Subject: [nvda] Why is installing an addon on firefox such a
nightmare!


Or am I doing something wrong.
Hello to all. Last night I tried to reinstall webvisum, as I have
just baught a new computer. When ever I press the install link, the
notifaction to allow firefox to install the addon comes. I've tried
pressing alt+a several times, and I've tried pressing the space bar
or
enter when it seems that I'm on the allow button, nothing works.
I don't remember seeing any other complaints about this from
anyone,
so is it only me getting something so basic wrong?

Any suggestions?
Ali






--
Those who follow the Messenger-Prophet, the Ummi, whom they find
written down with them in the Taurat and the Injeel [who] enjoins them
good and forbids them evil, and makes lawful to them the good things
and makes unlawful to them impure things, and removes from them their
burden and the shackles which were upon them; so [as for] those who
believe in him and honor him and help him, and follow the light which
has been sent down with him, these it is that are the successful.
holy quran, chapter 7, verse 157.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
al-islam.org



--
Those who follow the Messenger-Prophet, the Ummi, whom they find
written down with them in the Taurat and the Injeel [who] enjoins them
good and forbids them evil, and makes lawful to them the good things
and makes unlawful to them impure things, and removes from them their
burden and the shackles which were upon them; so [as for] those who
believe in him and honor him and help him, and follow the light which
has been sent down with him, these it is that are the successful.
holy quran, chapter 7, verse 157.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
al-islam.org






--
Those who follow the Messenger-Prophet, the Ummi, whom they find
written down with them in the Taurat and the Injeel [who] enjoins them
good and forbids them evil, and makes lawful to them the good things
and makes unlawful to them impure things, and removes from them their
burden and the shackles which were upon them; so [as for] those who
believe in him and honor him and help him, and follow the light which
has been sent down with him, these it is that are the successful.
holy quran, chapter 7, verse 157.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
al-islam.org


Re: Question Regarding Eloquence for NVDA from Code Factory

Peter Beasley
 

My sentiments exactly.

-----Original Message-----
From: Afrim
Sent: Sunday, April 17, 2016 6:40 AM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Question Regarding Eloquence for NVDA from Code Factory

I have been using the old add-on of eloquonce someone made, and I am not going to pay for a program that does essentially the same thing. The add-on I am talking about works so fast and reliably.
cheers.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 17, 2016, at 6:22 AM, Kelly Sapergia <ksapergia@...> wrote:

Hi,

Recently, there was a discussion about alternative voices for NVDA, such as Code Factory's add-on with Eloquence and Vocalizer. I mentioned that when I tried this particular product, I noticed that Eloquence sounded quite choppy compared to other screen readers and other synths I have for NVDA on my machine running Windows 7.
I also never experienced this with Code Factory's SAPI 5 implementation.
Anyway, I got thinking about it this evening, and decided to do some searching to see if anyone else was experiencing similar issues. I found a thread about the add-on in the old NVDA list's archive, and saw a message stating that the choppiness would go away once the product was paid for. I was just wondering if this is indeed the case? If yes, it's not what I'd consider the best way to limit a trial version, but I might buy it after all.

Thanks.

Yours Sincerely,
Kelly John Sapergia
Show Host and Production Director
The Global Voice Internet Radio
http://www.theglobalvoice.info

Personal Website: http://www.ksapergia.net
Business Website (KJS Productions): http://www.kjsproductions.com
Follow me on Twitter at: kjsapergia



Re: Question Regarding Eloquence for NVDA from Code Factory

Brian's Mail list account BY <bglists@...>
 

Well that is up to you, but as i understood the rights issue, if yu had a copy on your machine that was capable of being shared then that is fine, but if not legally you are not allowed to hack it to work with nvda.


Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Afrim" <afrim.maja@...>
To: <nvda@groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, April 17, 2016 6:40 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Question Regarding Eloquence for NVDA from Code Factory


I have been using the old add-on of eloquonce someone made, and I am not going to pay for a program that does essentially the same thing. The add-on I am talking about works so fast and reliably.
cheers.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 17, 2016, at 6:22 AM, Kelly Sapergia <ksapergia@...> wrote:

Hi,

Recently, there was a discussion about alternative voices for NVDA, such as Code Factory's add-on with Eloquence and Vocalizer. I mentioned that when I tried this particular product, I noticed that Eloquence sounded quite choppy compared to other screen readers and other synths I have for NVDA on my machine running Windows 7.
I also never experienced this with Code Factory's SAPI 5 implementation.
Anyway, I got thinking about it this evening, and decided to do some searching to see if anyone else was experiencing similar issues. I found a thread about the add-on in the old NVDA list's archive, and saw a message stating that the choppiness would go away once the product was paid for. I was just wondering if this is indeed the case? If yes, it's not what I'd consider the best way to limit a trial version, but I might buy it after all.

Thanks.

Yours Sincerely,
Kelly John Sapergia
Show Host and Production Director
The Global Voice Internet Radio
http://www.theglobalvoice.info

Personal Website: http://www.ksapergia.net
Business Website (KJS Productions): http://www.kjsproductions.com
Follow me on Twitter at: kjsapergia



Re: Windows live mail question

Rosemarie Chavarria
 

I’m dealing with it now.
 
 
 

From: Gene
Sent: Saturday, April 16, 2016 10:23 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows live mail question
 
That is a minor problem and I wouldn't describe that as having issues.  it is very easy to work around this problem and it shouldn't dissuade people from using the program with Windows 10. 
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, April 17, 2016 12:07 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows live mail question
 
Hi, Pauline,
 
Windows live mail worked well for me when I had windows 7. It was when I upgraded to windows 10 when I started having issues with it. I waited awhile before trying it again. For some strange reason, NVDA doesn’t see the message body when you try to reply to a message. You’re taken to the “to” field. I have to either hit the alt key twice or hit alt M and enter to see the message body.
 
Rosemarie
 
Sent: Saturday, April 16, 2016 8:47 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows live mail question
 
I thought I read from this list that Windows Live Mail had accessibility issues.  Am I remembering right?  I have not been successful in using it with Win7 on the one or two attempts I tried.

Pauline


On 4/16/2016 7:47 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:
I wasn’t trying to accuse you of not understanding. I was just explaining the situation but I think I found a solution. I’ll hit the alt key twice when I compose or reply to a message. It’s working.
 
 
 
Sent: Saturday, April 16, 2016 3:37 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows live mail question
 

Rosemarie,

          I have no idea why you feel the need to get into dudgeon when I say that, in my experience, you're the only person I know or have known with a specific problem.  That simply is what it is.  It's not an accusation and you need to stop behaving as though it were one.

          I cannot explain why you are having the issue you're having and have said so.  I used Windows Keyboard Shortcuts while NVDA was running to open messages for reading, replying, and composition.  The behavior I describe is for that circumstance, since I know that adding the mouse to the mix can, at times, cause things to behave differently.

Brian



Re: Question Regarding Eloquence for NVDA from Code Factory

afrim maja <afrim.maja@...>
 

I have been using the old add-on of eloquonce someone made, and I am not going to pay for a program that does essentially the same thing. The add-on I am talking about works so fast and reliably.
cheers.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 17, 2016, at 6:22 AM, Kelly Sapergia <ksapergia@...> wrote:

Hi,

Recently, there was a discussion about alternative voices for NVDA, such as Code Factory's add-on with Eloquence and Vocalizer. I mentioned that when I tried this particular product, I noticed that Eloquence sounded quite choppy compared to other screen readers and other synths I have for NVDA on my machine running Windows 7.
I also never experienced this with Code Factory's SAPI 5 implementation.
Anyway, I got thinking about it this evening, and decided to do some searching to see if anyone else was experiencing similar issues. I found a thread about the add-on in the old NVDA list's archive, and saw a message stating that the choppiness would go away once the product was paid for. I was just wondering if this is indeed the case? If yes, it's not what I'd consider the best way to limit a trial version, but I might buy it after all.

Thanks.

Yours Sincerely,
Kelly John Sapergia
Show Host and Production Director
The Global Voice Internet Radio
http://www.theglobalvoice.info

Personal Website: http://www.ksapergia.net
Business Website (KJS Productions): http://www.kjsproductions.com
Follow me on Twitter at: kjsapergia



Re: Windows live mail question

Gene
 

That is a minor problem and I wouldn't describe that as having issues.  it is very easy to work around this problem and it shouldn't dissuade people from using the program with Windows 10. 
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, April 17, 2016 12:07 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows live mail question

Hi, Pauline,
 
Windows live mail worked well for me when I had windows 7. It was when I upgraded to windows 10 when I started having issues with it. I waited awhile before trying it again. For some strange reason, NVDA doesn’t see the message body when you try to reply to a message. You’re taken to the “to” field. I have to either hit the alt key twice or hit alt M and enter to see the message body.
 
Rosemarie
 
Sent: Saturday, April 16, 2016 8:47 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows live mail question
 
I thought I read from this list that Windows Live Mail had accessibility issues.  Am I remembering right?  I have not been successful in using it with Win7 on the one or two attempts I tried.

Pauline


On 4/16/2016 7:47 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:
I wasn’t trying to accuse you of not understanding. I was just explaining the situation but I think I found a solution. I’ll hit the alt key twice when I compose or reply to a message. It’s working.
 
 
 
Sent: Saturday, April 16, 2016 3:37 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows live mail question
 

Rosemarie,

          I have no idea why you feel the need to get into dudgeon when I say that, in my experience, you're the only person I know or have known with a specific problem.  That simply is what it is.  It's not an accusation and you need to stop behaving as though it were one.

          I cannot explain why you are having the issue you're having and have said so.  I used Windows Keyboard Shortcuts while NVDA was running to open messages for reading, replying, and composition.  The behavior I describe is for that circumstance, since I know that adding the mouse to the mix can, at times, cause things to behave differently.

Brian



Re: Windows live mail question

Gene
 

Windows Live Mail has annoyances such as that you can't use first letter navigation to move from folder to folder but the program is very accessible. 
 
Gene

Sent: Saturday, April 16, 2016 10:47 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows live mail question

I thought I read from this list that Windows Live Mail had accessibility issues.  Am I remembering right?  I have not been successful in using it with Win7 on the one or two attempts I tried.

Pauline


On 4/16/2016 7:47 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:
I wasn’t trying to accuse you of not understanding. I was just explaining the situation but I think I found a solution. I’ll hit the alt key twice when I compose or reply to a message. It’s working.
 
 
 
Sent: Saturday, April 16, 2016 3:37 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows live mail question
 

Rosemarie,

          I have no idea why you feel the need to get into dudgeon when I say that, in my experience, you're the only person I know or have known with a specific problem.  That simply is what it is.  It's not an accusation and you need to stop behaving as though it were one.

          I cannot explain why you are having the issue you're having and have said so.  I used Windows Keyboard Shortcuts while NVDA was running to open messages for reading, replying, and composition.  The behavior I describe is for that circumstance, since I know that adding the mouse to the mix can, at times, cause things to behave differently.

Brian



Re: Windows live mail question

Rosemarie Chavarria
 

Hi, Pauline,
 
Windows live mail worked well for me when I had windows 7. It was when I upgraded to windows 10 when I started having issues with it. I waited awhile before trying it again. For some strange reason, NVDA doesn’t see the message body when you try to reply to a message. You’re taken to the “to” field. I have to either hit the alt key twice or hit alt M and enter to see the message body.
 
Rosemarie
 

Sent: Saturday, April 16, 2016 8:47 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows live mail question
 
I thought I read from this list that Windows Live Mail had accessibility issues.  Am I remembering right?  I have not been successful in using it with Win7 on the one or two attempts I tried.

Pauline


On 4/16/2016 7:47 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:
I wasn’t trying to accuse you of not understanding. I was just explaining the situation but I think I found a solution. I’ll hit the alt key twice when I compose or reply to a message. It’s working.
 
 
 
Sent: Saturday, April 16, 2016 3:37 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows live mail question
 

Rosemarie,

          I have no idea why you feel the need to get into dudgeon when I say that, in my experience, you're the only person I know or have known with a specific problem.  That simply is what it is.  It's not an accusation and you need to stop behaving as though it were one.

          I cannot explain why you are having the issue you're having and have said so.  I used Windows Keyboard Shortcuts while NVDA was running to open messages for reading, replying, and composition.  The behavior I describe is for that circumstance, since I know that adding the mouse to the mix can, at times, cause things to behave differently.

Brian