Date   

locked Re: This is the moderator speaking: Question Regarding Eloquence for NVDA from Code Factory

Carlos
 

Hello!

    Earlier today the conversation came up on the list once again about people not wanting to keep up with the times.

    So, in an effort to poke some fun I decided to describe what my very first 386SX PC was like.

    It would probably had run NVDA 5.x which was the first version of NVDA in 2006.

    Just wanted to clear this up with you so that you would understand all the silliness that goes on this list on a daily basis!

    hope you have a very nice day/evening!  And, go ahead and give your K9 friend a nice treat!!!



On 4/18/2016 4:21 PM, Hank Smith, and Seeing-eye dog Iona wrote:
you mean it runs on windows 3.1?
oh my
how good does it run?
On 4/18/2016 4:11 PM, Carlos wrote:

Hello Again:

    A description of my PC:


    *Packard Bell Legend V

    *386SX 16MHz Processor

    *125 Megabyte Hard Disk

    *EGA Video Card

    *14 Inch Monitor

    *Sound Blaster I Sound Card

    *101 PS/2 Keyboard/Logitech Three Button Mouse w/Rubber Ball on Bottom

    *Windows 3.11/MS DOS 6.22

    *Norton Commander 5, Microsoft Office Professional

    *NVDA 5.x


    Long live the 90's!!!

    *

On 4/18/2016 3:27 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:

Rosemarie Chavarria wrote, in regard to a friend of hers who insisted on staying with WinXP, "I asked him why and his answer was that it was simpler to work with."

And I can't count the times I've heard this, about way more than Windows, and thought, "No, it's not easier to work with - it's what you're used to."  Win XP was an OS I loved and Microsoft has the annoying habit of alternating "good" and "bad" versions of Windows.  The number of things that require manual intervention from the user in XP is huge compared to later versions, particularly Windows 7 forward.  And, when it comes down to it, even in the "ugly" versions of Windows the similarities to their predecessors is at least as strong as the differences, but the differences are where people are required to learn something new.

David Moore's comments regarding those who live to be 100, or near it, really resonate with me.  My grandmother died in the 1990s and was in her 90s at the time. When I think about what technology was at her birth and the amount of change she and her age cohort had to go through I am amazed.  I don't know if I could be as flexible as they were.  While the pace of change has picked up, particularly in the cyber world, the majority of changes I've lived through (I'm just short of 54 years old) feel to me much more like refinements on very familiar themes rather than complete divergences from what came before.  That was not true for my grandparents at all, and my parents experienced more revolutionary changes than I have, too.  I think my only two revolutions were the introduction of the personal computer and the ascendance of the internet.

Brian


-- 
Carlos Gonzalez - Los Angeles, CA. - gmjc341961@...


-- 
Carlos Gonzalez - Los Angeles, CA. - gmjc341961@...


Re: TWBlue stopped working, please help?

brandon
 

did you guys try running it in compatibility mode if not here are the steps
1: while on the twblue shortcut on your desktop hit your applications key or shift +f10 if you do not have such a key
2: you are now in a context menu arrow down until you hear trouble shoot compatibility issues
3: hit enter on this and then follow the wizard that appears
4: when asked for the operating system use your up and down arrows a couple times because sometimes it does not stick on windows vista
5: after you have done all this twblue should pop right up and you should be good to go
Yours truly,
Brandon,
Reed

On 4/18/2016 3:14 PM, chris miles wrote:
On 18-Apr-16 11:05 PM, Scott VanDeWalle wrote:
Hello.
I used to have both twblue and chicken nugget.
I got rid of TWblue, but i still have chicken nugget.
The thing is, sometimes one app will work and one won't.
Nugget is us d 15$.
If you can make it work, chicken nugget seems to work pretty good from the invisible interface.
It works the other way too but it seems somewhat more sluggish at times.
hth

Scott

On 4/17/2016 11:23 PM, Lisa P Geibel wrote:
Hi,
I know I've heard about people with this program and it not working. I even went through the time when extra characters were added to the twblue.exe file, but this is not the case now. We've uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version, but still nothing. Restarted the computer and still nothing. Tried hitting enter on the desktop icon for the program, tried running it as administrator with the context key, tried loading it from the twblue.exe icon in the program files folder and still nothing. Does anyone have any ideas or should we really say a final farewell to this great program? We're running Windows 10 with the latest build of NVDA and also have the latest version of JAWS, but it won't work that way either. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated? Thanks.


Hi,

I had the same issue, TW Blue would not start.

I decided to go back to the previous build and this now works a treat.


locked Re: This is the moderator speaking: Question Regarding Eloquence for NVDA from Code Factory

 

you mean it runs on windows 3.1?
oh my
how good does it run?

On 4/18/2016 4:11 PM, Carlos wrote:

Hello Again:

    A description of my PC:


    *Packard Bell Legend V

    *386SX 16MHz Processor

    *125 Megabyte Hard Disk

    *EGA Video Card

    *14 Inch Monitor

    *Sound Blaster I Sound Card

    *101 PS/2 Keyboard/Logitech Three Button Mouse w/Rubber Ball on Bottom

    *Windows 3.11/MS DOS 6.22

    *Norton Commander 5, Microsoft Office Professional

    *NVDA 5.x


    Long live the 90's!!!

    *

On 4/18/2016 3:27 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:

Rosemarie Chavarria wrote, in regard to a friend of hers who insisted on staying with WinXP, "I asked him why and his answer was that it was simpler to work with."

And I can't count the times I've heard this, about way more than Windows, and thought, "No, it's not easier to work with - it's what you're used to."  Win XP was an OS I loved and Microsoft has the annoying habit of alternating "good" and "bad" versions of Windows.  The number of things that require manual intervention from the user in XP is huge compared to later versions, particularly Windows 7 forward.  And, when it comes down to it, even in the "ugly" versions of Windows the similarities to their predecessors is at least as strong as the differences, but the differences are where people are required to learn something new.

David Moore's comments regarding those who live to be 100, or near it, really resonate with me.  My grandmother died in the 1990s and was in her 90s at the time. When I think about what technology was at her birth and the amount of change she and her age cohort had to go through I am amazed.  I don't know if I could be as flexible as they were.  While the pace of change has picked up, particularly in the cyber world, the majority of changes I've lived through (I'm just short of 54 years old) feel to me much more like refinements on very familiar themes rather than complete divergences from what came before.  That was not true for my grandparents at all, and my parents experienced more revolutionary changes than I have, too.  I think my only two revolutions were the introduction of the personal computer and the ascendance of the internet.

Brian


-- 
Carlos Gonzalez - Los Angeles, CA. - gmjc341961@...


locked Re: This is the moderator speaking: Question Regarding Eloquence for NVDA from Code Factory

Carlos
 

Hello Again:

    A description of my PC:


    *Packard Bell Legend V

    *386SX 16MHz Processor

    *125 Megabyte Hard Disk

    *EGA Video Card

    *14 Inch Monitor

    *Sound Blaster I Sound Card

    *101 PS/2 Keyboard/Logitech Three Button Mouse w/Rubber Ball on Bottom

    *Windows 3.11/MS DOS 6.22

    *Norton Commander 5, Microsoft Office Professional

    *NVDA 5.x


    Long live the 90's!!!

    *

On 4/18/2016 3:27 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:

Rosemarie Chavarria wrote, in regard to a friend of hers who insisted on staying with WinXP, "I asked him why and his answer was that it was simpler to work with."

And I can't count the times I've heard this, about way more than Windows, and thought, "No, it's not easier to work with - it's what you're used to."  Win XP was an OS I loved and Microsoft has the annoying habit of alternating "good" and "bad" versions of Windows.  The number of things that require manual intervention from the user in XP is huge compared to later versions, particularly Windows 7 forward.  And, when it comes down to it, even in the "ugly" versions of Windows the similarities to their predecessors is at least as strong as the differences, but the differences are where people are required to learn something new.

David Moore's comments regarding those who live to be 100, or near it, really resonate with me.  My grandmother died in the 1990s and was in her 90s at the time. When I think about what technology was at her birth and the amount of change she and her age cohort had to go through I am amazed.  I don't know if I could be as flexible as they were.  While the pace of change has picked up, particularly in the cyber world, the majority of changes I've lived through (I'm just short of 54 years old) feel to me much more like refinements on very familiar themes rather than complete divergences from what came before.  That was not true for my grandparents at all, and my parents experienced more revolutionary changes than I have, too.  I think my only two revolutions were the introduction of the personal computer and the ascendance of the internet.

Brian


-- 
Carlos Gonzalez - Los Angeles, CA. - gmjc341961@...


locked Re: This is the moderator speaking: Question Regarding Eloquence for NVDA from Code Factory

 

Rosemarie Chavarria wrote, in regard to a friend of hers who insisted on staying with WinXP, "I asked him why and his answer was that it was simpler to work with."

And I can't count the times I've heard this, about way more than Windows, and thought, "No, it's not easier to work with - it's what you're used to."  Win XP was an OS I loved and Microsoft has the annoying habit of alternating "good" and "bad" versions of Windows.  The number of things that require manual intervention from the user in XP is huge compared to later versions, particularly Windows 7 forward.  And, when it comes down to it, even in the "ugly" versions of Windows the similarities to their predecessors is at least as strong as the differences, but the differences are where people are required to learn something new.

David Moore's comments regarding those who live to be 100, or near it, really resonate with me.  My grandmother died in the 1990s and was in her 90s at the time. When I think about what technology was at her birth and the amount of change she and her age cohort had to go through I am amazed.  I don't know if I could be as flexible as they were.  While the pace of change has picked up, particularly in the cyber world, the majority of changes I've lived through (I'm just short of 54 years old) feel to me much more like refinements on very familiar themes rather than complete divergences from what came before.  That was not true for my grandparents at all, and my parents experienced more revolutionary changes than I have, too.  I think my only two revolutions were the introduction of the personal computer and the ascendance of the internet.

Brian


Re: TWBlue stopped working, please help?

chris miles
 

On 18-Apr-16 11:05 PM, Scott VanDeWalle wrote:
Hello.
I used to have both twblue and chicken nugget.
I got rid of TWblue, but i still have chicken nugget.
The thing is, sometimes one app will work and one won't.
Nugget is us d 15$.
If you can make it work, chicken nugget seems to work pretty good from the invisible interface.
It works the other way too but it seems somewhat more sluggish at times.
hth

Scott

On 4/17/2016 11:23 PM, Lisa P Geibel wrote:
Hi,
I know I've heard about people with this program and it not working. I even went through the time when extra characters were added to the twblue.exe file, but this is not the case now. We've uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version, but still nothing. Restarted the computer and still nothing. Tried hitting enter on the desktop icon for the program, tried running it as administrator with the context key, tried loading it from the twblue.exe icon in the program files folder and still nothing. Does anyone have any ideas or should we really say a final farewell to this great program? We're running Windows 10 with the latest build of NVDA and also have the latest version of JAWS, but it won't work that way either. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated? Thanks.

Hi,

I had the same issue, TW Blue would not start.

I decided to go back to the previous build and this now works a treat.


Re: TWBlue stopped working, please help?

Scott VanDeWalle
 

Hello.
I used to have both twblue and chicken nugget.
I got rid of TWblue, but i still have chicken nugget.
The thing is, sometimes one app will work and one won't.
Nugget is us d 15$.
If you can make it work, chicken nugget seems to work pretty good from the invisible interface.
It works the other way too but it seems somewhat more sluggish at times.
hth

Scott

On 4/17/2016 11:23 PM, Lisa P Geibel wrote:
Hi,
I know I've heard about people with this program and it not working. I even went through the time when extra characters were added to the twblue.exe file, but this is not the case now. We've uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version, but still nothing. Restarted the computer and still nothing. Tried hitting enter on the desktop icon for the program, tried running it as administrator with the context key, tried loading it from the twblue.exe icon in the program files folder and still nothing. Does anyone have any ideas or should we really say a final farewell to this great program? We're running Windows 10 with the latest build of NVDA and also have the latest version of JAWS, but it won't work that way either. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated? Thanks.


locked Re: This is the moderator speaking: Question Regarding Eloquence for NVDA from Code Factory

Rosemarie Chavarria
 

There's no such thing as a free lunch. Sorry but you have to buy those voices.

-----Original Message-----
From: mr. Chikodinaka Oguledo&mrs. AdonnihHappiness Obima Oguledo [mailto:happychikao@...]
Sent: Monday, April 18, 2016 11:09 AM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: This is the moderator speaking: [nvda] Question Regarding Eloquence for NVDA from Code Factory

any other voices I can use bsides the jaws voice. I need Somantha for nvda &others like Jill &rail speak solo voices free ones

On 4/18/16, Pete <emac00@...> wrote:

Hi
I think the synthesizers that come with some audio / sound cards
need to be looked at by screen reader developers. Like I mentioned
earlier textassist is quite a good synthesizer. The thing people kept
saying sapi 3 was junk / old use sapi 4. It's kind of like the whole
e-mail thing with people wanting to use outlook express except people
keep telling them to use Thunderbird or Microsoft outlook or window
live mail or some thing like that. That kind of behavior doesn't
encourage freedom of choice. What if we were all told we would have
to use Winkline for the rest of our lives for a screen reader? May be
now a days less software gets bundled with sound cards plus most p c s have on board audio.
Pete
On 4/18/2016 6:17 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Ladies and gentlemen,

Until a few months ago, discussion of Eloquence wasn't allowed on
this list. This was relaxed last summer when Code Factory released
Eloquence add-on. Back then, Nimer and I (Nimer being the actual list
owner) said discussion of illegal version isn't still permitted.
At this point, it would be advisable to suspend Eloquence discussions
for a while. We cannot risk giving NVDA a slightly muddy reputation
at this important occasion: NVDA's tenth anniversary and NVDACon.
Please don't forget this: the reputation of a product, particularly a
product that many of you depends on, depends on what users say about
the product and the discussions surrounding it.
For those new to this list: I'm known for being generous. However,
I'm also known for being a volcano, especially if the integrity of
the list or the reputation of a product or a community is questioned.
I'll not activate moderation flag for anyone out of respect for
everyone and for newbies to get accustomed to this environment.
For our old friends: Yes, I am indeed serious, more serious now that
we're about to help NV Access celebrate NVDA's tenth birthday. Not
only I'm speaking on behalf of moderators, but as one of the planners
of NVDACon
2016 (I am indeed the chair of the planning committee), I'd like to
kindly request that we care about reputation of NVDA, NV Access and
this community. These days, what gives me more stress isn't the
question of who will succeed me or success of NVDACon, but the
reputation and future of this community for months and years to come.
What gives me more joy is to see you all become folks who can think
about what's going on and make informed decisions (yes, that's the
reason why I've proposed certain proposals in the past).
In conclusion, I do know I will not be able to sleep tonight, but
believe I need to say this: NVDA community, specifically this forum,
is facing a
crisis: misinformation abounds and passion trumps reason at times.
We're suffering from a disease called "misinformation" - what is
illegal being seen as legal, people not being informed as to what's
available to them when they need it, name calling at times and so
forth (as I mentioned in my blog, I will not accept name calling).
Being passionate about something is good, but it is better to think
about what's going on before defending one's arguments. In other
words, contrary to what we've said about this forum to the outside world, we're at times known for doing the opposite.
Lastly, in regards to free material: there is no such thing as free lunch.
I do need to say this in public: NVDA isn't technically free. For the
benefit of many, NVDA is made available as a free, open-source and
community-driven screen reader. But there are costs associated with
this project. Please stop now and imagine for a second: imagine a
group of developers who have decided to promote equal access to
technology at no additional costs, using their talents to give
opportunities for someone who lives in poverty somewhere. NVDA is more than a screen reader now:
it's a movement, and workers deserve their wages - support,
encouragement, opportunities and so on.
Thank you.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: Afrim [mailto:afrim.maja@...]
Sent: Monday, April 18, 2016 2:43 AM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Question Regarding Eloquence for NVDA from Code
Factory

Why do people talk about it? They can, and I don't consider it
against the rules of the list since the add-on, the alternative if
you like to call it is available and accessible from within the add-on list of NVDA.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 17, 2016, at 9:33 PM, mk360 <mk.seventhson@...> wrote:

Hi,

I can pay, but the first condition is that the paid versions works
as fine or better that the alternative, and as reviews as been said,
that is not the case.
However, I know that in the list we can't speak about that
alternative, so I don't understand why the people speak about it.

Regards,
mk.

El 17-04-2016 a las 8:04, Greg Wocher escribió:
Hello,
I want to give those of you who use the illegal eloquence add on
some food for thought. When you do it and proudly proclaim that you
do, you give NVDA and its users a bad reputation. I think I may
purchase the Code Factory add on later this afternoon from AT Guys
and I will let you all know if it gets rid of the choppiness.

Regards,
Greg Wocher

On 4/17/2016 5:32 AM, Peter Beasley wrote:
My sentiments exactly.

-----Original Message----- From: Afrim
Sent: Sunday, April 17, 2016 6:40 AM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Question Regarding Eloquence for NVDA from
Code Factory

I have been using the old add-on of eloquonce someone made, and I
am not going to pay for a program that does essentially the same thing.
The add-on I am talking about works so fast and reliably.
cheers.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 17, 2016, at 6:22 AM, Kelly Sapergia
<ksapergia@...>
wrote:

Hi,

Recently, there was a discussion about alternative voices for
NVDA, such as Code Factory's add-on with Eloquence and Vocalizer.
I mentioned that when I tried this particular product, I noticed
that Eloquence sounded quite choppy compared to other screen
readers and other synths I have for NVDA on my machine running Windows 7.
I also never experienced this with Code Factory's SAPI 5
implementation.
Anyway, I got thinking about it this evening, and decided to do
some searching to see if anyone else was experiencing similar
issues. I found a thread about the add-on in the old NVDA list's
archive, and saw a message stating that the choppiness would go
away once the product was paid for. I was just wondering if this is indeed the case?
If yes, it's not what I'd consider the best way to limit a trial
version, but I might buy it after all.

Thanks.

Yours Sincerely,
Kelly John Sapergia
Show Host and Production Director The Global Voice Internet Radio
http://www.theglobalvoice.info

Personal Website: http://www.ksapergia.net Business Website (KJS
Productions): http://www.kjsproductions.com Follow me on Twitter
at: kjsapergia









--
• Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
Watch your words, for they become actions.
Watch your actions, for they become habits.
Watch your habits, for they become character.
Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.


locked Re: This is the moderator speaking: Question Regarding Eloquence for NVDA from Code Factory

Rosemarie Chavarria
 

Hi, Brian,

You bring up some very good points here. I was talking to a friend the other day and he said he wishes he could go back to windows XP. I asked him why and his answer was that it was simpler to work with. He's a great example of someone who wants to stay in the stone age so to speak. I tried to suggest that he upgrades to windows 10 but he doesn't want to. Like the old saying goes, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

Rosemarie

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Vogel [mailto:@britechguy]
Sent: Monday, April 18, 2016 11:23 AM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] This is the moderator speaking: Question Regarding Eloquence for NVDA from Code Factory

Pete wrote, "It's kind of like the whole e-mail thing with people wanting to use outlook express except people keep telling them to use Thunderbird or Microsoft outlook or window live mail or some thing like that."

This isn't a "freedom of choice" issue, it's a simple fact of life that certain programs, Outlook Express being one example, effectively cease to exist when official support ends. No one is guaranteed, nor should they expect, that anything that they're using will be available in perpetuity.

I discourage people from using Outlook Express because the only existing versions available are hacks based on who knows what code base and with what vulnerabilities. Since e-mail clients constantly interact with the internet this is a real concern.

While such a concern is not present regarding voice synthesis, things will come, and go, in that arena as well. There is very likely going to come a point where you, for any you, have to let go of something you're used to because it is not being supported or carried forward. Getting used to this, even though it's painful, is essential in the cyber world unless you want to drive yourself crazy. I've seen a lot of people over the years who have expended far more energy trying to hold on to something than would have been expended to learn the new that's available to them.

Brian


locked Re: This is the moderator speaking: Question Regarding Eloquence for NVDA from Code Factory

Rosemarie Chavarria
 

Wow. What happens if you have to call the microsoft support line for something?? If you're still using XP, they'll tell you to upgrade to either windows 7 or 10. You can't stay in the past forever.

-----Original Message-----
From: Carlos [mailto:gmjc341961@...]
Sent: Monday, April 18, 2016 2:10 PM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] This is the moderator speaking: Question Regarding Eloquence for NVDA from Code Factory

Hello:

What is this thing called freeway you speak of?

My horse and buggy ride just fine in all the pastures around my town!

There's nothing like the old days to make one feel right at home!!!





On 4/18/2016 12:27 PM, David Moore wrote:


Hi Pete,
Thank you so much, because I have made the same argument on many lists. Try using a horse and buggy on a free way. There comes a time when you just have to learn something new and change with the times. People who live over 100, say this is the main thing you have to do to live that long. Sometimes you have to forget the past and move on toward the future. Someday, I will be able to drive my own car, and I will embrace it. NVDA works so well in win10, and win10 is like a mantion over a log cabbin. We should have choice, but like you said, it can’t get in the way of the world changing for the good. Take care. If it takes buying new programs, it must be done because of the coming future. Start saving now, so you can prepare for the beautiful tech future that is to come. Have a great one.


From: Pete <mailto:emac00@...>
Sent: Monday, April 18, 2016 2:43 PM
To: nvda@groups.io <mailto:nvda@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [nvda] This is the moderator speaking: Question Regarding Eloquence for NVDA from Code Factory


Same thing for people wanting windows x p.
I am getting ready to install w10, have to check on if w e 9 works in w10 or not. the f s people told me j16 works in w10 and sounds like people are using w 10 with nvda.
Change is good but one should not be forced to loose freedom of choice.

On 4/18/2016 2:22 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:


Pete wrote, "It's kind of like the whole e-mail thing with people wanting to use outlook express except people keep telling them to use Thunderbird or Microsoft outlook or window live mail or some thing like that."

This isn't a "freedom of choice" issue, it's a simple fact of life that certain programs, Outlook Express being one example, effectively cease to exist when official support ends. No one is guaranteed, nor should they expect, that anything that they're using will be available in perpetuity.

I discourage people from using Outlook Express because the only existing versions available are hacks based on who knows what code base and with what vulnerabilities. Since e-mail clients constantly interact with the internet this is a real concern.

While such a concern is not present regarding voice synthesis, things will come, and go, in that arena as well. There is very likely going to come a point where you, for any you, have to let go of something you're used to because it is not being supported or carried forward. Getting used to this, even though it's painful, is essential in the cyber world unless you want to drive yourself crazy. I've seen a lot of people over the years who have expended far more energy trying to hold on to something than would have been expended to learn the new that's available to them.

Brian



--
Carlos Gonzalez - Los Angeles, CA. - gmjc341961@... <mailto:gmjc341961@...>


Re: Code Factory Eloquence and Vocalizer add on

Greg Wocher
 

Hello,
It is $69. You can get it from AT Guys.

Regards,
Greg Wocher

On 4/18/2016 5:30 PM, Kenny Peyattt jr. wrote:
How much does thecode factory elequence add on, and the code factory vocalizer add on cost?
Kenny Peyatt jr.

On 4/18/2016 8:17 AM, Gene wrote:
There is a demo.  I don't recall if there is actually a demo or if the program functions when installed as a demo with the user simply installing the exact same program.  I suspect that that is the case.  Check the web page where the program is offered and see.  Of course, someone could make a recording and that would be useful.  It might be more useful to try it as a demo and see what you think of it in use as you would use it.  And the SAPI Code Factory Version would be worth trying as well. 
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, April 18, 2016 6:02 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Code Factory Eloquence and Vocalizer add on

You say crackling sound.

Do you have a way you could some how record it, and let me hear?  I'd like
to hear it before making a purchase.
---
Christopher Gilland
JAWS Certified, 2016.
Training Instructor.

clgilland07@...
Phone: (704) 256-8010.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Greg Wocher" <gwocher@...>
To: <nvda@groups.io>
Sent: Monday, April 18, 2016 6:49 AM
Subject: [nvda] Code Factory Eloquence and Vocalizer add on


> Hello all,
> I did purchase this add on today. Even once it is activated the crackling
> and popping is still evident when using eloquence. I did notice that they
> have
> a few different voices for the vocalizer synth. I downloaded Oliver, a UK
> voice, and it is not bad. I also downloaded a new female US english voice
> called
> Susan and she is not bad either.
>
> Regards,
> Greg Wocher
>
>
>






locked Re: This is the moderator speaking: Question Regarding Eloquence for NVDA from Code Factory

David Moore
 

Great point, Rosemarie!

-----Original Message-----
From: Rosemarie Chavarria
Sent: Monday, April 18, 2016 4:49 PM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] This is the moderator speaking: Question Regarding Eloquence for NVDA from Code Factory

Hi, David,

Yes, we do have to keep up with the times because things do change. I'm reminded of a former pen pal who was so stubborn. She was very anti-technology. One time she asked me if I had someone take me grocery shopping. When I told her I learned how to shop online, she gave me the riot act and said I needed to go to confession for having a computer. I gave it right back to her and told her she needed to grow up and get with the program. My whole point is that we all need to learn to be flexible. You can't live in the past forever.

Rosemarie

-----Original Message-----
From: David Moore [mailto:jesusloves1966@...]
Sent: Monday, April 18, 2016 12:28 PM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] This is the moderator speaking: Question Regarding Eloquence for NVDA from Code Factory

Hi Pete,
Thank you so much, because I have made the same argument on many lists. Try using a horse and buggy on a free way. There comes a time when you just have to learn something new and change with the times. People who live over 100, say this is the main thing you have to do to live that long. Sometimes you have to forget the past and move on toward the future. Someday, I will be able to drive my own car, and I will embrace it. NVDA works so well in win10, and win10 is like a mantion over a log cabbin. We should have choice, but like you said, it can’t get in the way of the world changing for the good. Take care. If it takes buying new programs, it must be done because of the coming future. Start saving now, so you can prepare for the beautiful tech future that is to come. Have a great one.


From: Pete <mailto:emac00@...>
Sent: Monday, April 18, 2016 2:43 PM
To: nvda@groups.io <mailto:nvda@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [nvda] This is the moderator speaking: Question Regarding Eloquence for NVDA from Code Factory


Same thing for people wanting windows x p.
I am getting ready to install w10, have to check on if w e 9 works in w10 or not. the f s people told me j16 works in w10 and sounds like people are using w 10 with nvda.
Change is good but one should not be forced to loose freedom of choice.

On 4/18/2016 2:22 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:


Pete wrote, "It's kind of like the whole e-mail thing with people wanting to use outlook express except people keep telling them to use Thunderbird or Microsoft outlook or window live mail or some thing like that."

This isn't a "freedom of choice" issue, it's a simple fact of life that certain programs, Outlook Express being one example, effectively cease to exist when official support ends. No one is guaranteed, nor should they expect, that anything that they're using will be available in perpetuity.

I discourage people from using Outlook Express because the only existing versions available are hacks based on who knows what code base and with what vulnerabilities. Since e-mail clients constantly interact with the internet this is a real concern.

While such a concern is not present regarding voice synthesis, things will come, and go, in that arena as well. There is very likely going to come a point where you, for any you, have to let go of something you're used to because it is not being supported or carried forward. Getting used to this, even though it's painful, is essential in the cyber world unless you want to drive yourself crazy. I've seen a lot of people over the years who have expended far more energy trying to hold on to something than would have been expended to learn the new that's available to them.

Brian


locked Re: This is the moderator speaking: Question Regarding Eloquence for NVDA from Code Factory

David Moore
 

Can you travel about your country on your horse? There is a difference being at home and traveling the country or abroad.
 
 

From: Carlos
Sent: Monday, April 18, 2016 5:10 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] This is the moderator speaking: Question Regarding Eloquence for NVDA from Code Factory
 

Hello:

    What is this thing called freeway you speak of?

    My horse and buggy ride just fine in all the pastures around my town!

    There's nothing like the old days to make one feel right at home!!!

 


On 4/18/2016 12:27 PM, David Moore wrote:
Hi Pete,
Thank you so much, because I have made the same argument on many lists. Try using a horse and buggy on a free way. There comes a time when you just have to learn something new and change with the times. People who live over 100, say this is the main thing you have to do to live that long. Sometimes you have to forget the past and move on toward the future. Someday, I will be able to drive my own car, and I will embrace it. NVDA works so well in win10, and win10 is like a mantion over a log cabbin. We should have choice, but like you said, it can’t get in the way of the world changing for the good. Take care. If it takes buying new programs, it must be done because of the coming future. Start saving now, so you can prepare for the beautiful tech future that is to come. Have a great one.
 
 
From: Pete
Sent: Monday, April 18, 2016 2:43 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] This is the moderator speaking: Question Regarding Eloquence for NVDA from Code Factory
 

  Same thing for people wanting windows x p. 
  I am getting ready to install w10, have to check on if w e 9 works in w10 or not. the f s people told me j16 works in w10 and sounds like people are using w 10 with nvda. 
Change is good but one should not be forced to loose freedom of choice. 

On 4/18/2016 2:22 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:

Pete wrote, "It's kind of like the whole e-mail thing with people wanting to use outlook express except people keep telling them to use Thunderbird or Microsoft outlook or window live mail or some thing like that."

This isn't a "freedom of choice" issue, it's a simple fact of life that certain programs, Outlook Express being one example, effectively cease to exist when official support ends.  No one is guaranteed, nor should they expect, that anything that they're using will be available in perpetuity.

I discourage people from using Outlook Express because the only existing versions available are hacks based on who knows what code base and with what vulnerabilities.  Since e-mail clients constantly interact with the internet this is a real concern.

While such a concern is not present regarding voice synthesis, things will come, and go, in that arena as well.  There is very likely going to come a point where you, for any you, have to let go of something you're used to because it is not being supported or carried forward.  Getting used to this, even though it's painful, is essential in the cyber world unless you want to drive yourself crazy.  I've seen a lot of people over the years who have expended far more energy trying to hold on to something than would have been expended to learn the new that's available to them.

Brian



-- 
Carlos Gonzalez - Los Angeles, CA. - gmjc341961@...


Re: Code Factory Eloquence and Vocalizer add on

Kenny Peyattt jr.
 

How much does thecode factory elequence add on, and the code factory vocalizer add on cost?
Kenny Peyatt jr.

On 4/18/2016 8:17 AM, Gene wrote:
There is a demo.  I don't recall if there is actually a demo or if the program functions when installed as a demo with the user simply installing the exact same program.  I suspect that that is the case.  Check the web page where the program is offered and see.  Of course, someone could make a recording and that would be useful.  It might be more useful to try it as a demo and see what you think of it in use as you would use it.  And the SAPI Code Factory Version would be worth trying as well. 
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, April 18, 2016 6:02 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Code Factory Eloquence and Vocalizer add on

You say crackling sound.

Do you have a way you could some how record it, and let me hear?  I'd like
to hear it before making a purchase.
---
Christopher Gilland
JAWS Certified, 2016.
Training Instructor.

clgilland07@...
Phone: (704) 256-8010.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Greg Wocher" <gwocher@...>
To: <nvda@groups.io>
Sent: Monday, April 18, 2016 6:49 AM
Subject: [nvda] Code Factory Eloquence and Vocalizer add on


> Hello all,
> I did purchase this add on today. Even once it is activated the crackling
> and popping is still evident when using eloquence. I did notice that they
> have
> a few different voices for the vocalizer synth. I downloaded Oliver, a UK
> voice, and it is not bad. I also downloaded a new female US english voice
> called
> Susan and she is not bad either.
>
> Regards,
> Greg Wocher
>
>
>





Re: TWBlue stopped working, please help?

David Moore
 

Hi,
I use the qube very successfully. Let me know if you want me to put a copy of the site where to download it from. I use it with win10 and it rocks and it is free as well. Don't pay for Chicken Nuget when the qube is free. One thing about the qube though, some of you may not want a total key command driven program. There is no window or menus for the qube. I like that, because I can be in any other program or on the web, and I can start using the commands for the qube and tweet while I am doing something else. Have a great one and let me know if you want the download site.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lisa P Geibel
Sent: Monday, April 18, 2016 7:52 AM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] TWBlue stopped working, please help?

Hi We had this issue once and was able to fix it by deleting the extra
characters, but that's not the problem this time. Everything looks
right. It just won't load so unfortunately, as much as we loved TWBlue,
if we want Twitter, we're going to be forced to use Chicken Nugget. We
did purchase and install that, but have some questions if anyone would
be willing to help here or off list as not to clutter things? Please and
thanks.

Lisa
E-Mail: lisapgeibel429@...
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ldporter1
Twitter: http://twitter.com/LisaLisa429
Philmore box shared with hubby:
773-572-7897
God bless everyone!!!

On 4/18/16 5:20 AM, Lenron wrote:
I had this same issue sort of not sure what's going on. I refuse to
use any other twitter client I really like tw blue.

On 4/18/16, Rémy Ruiz <remyruiz@...> wrote:
Hi,
Go to the TWBlue shortcut that is on the desktop, and do properties;
with Alt+Enter
Example:
"C:\Program Files\twblue\TWBlue.exe" -i
I have deleted:
-i
now is:
"C:\Program Files\twblue\TWBlue.exe"
Apply and OK or only OK
Note:
Ignore the warning of Windows and click continue and ready!
Now if you can click the shortcut TWBlue.
Well this so what I did with an installable version.
Cheers.
Rémy
Le 18/04/2016 05:23, Lisa P Geibel a écrit :
Hi,
I know I've heard about people with this program and it not working. I
even went through the time when extra characters were added to the
twblue.exe file, but this is not the case now. We've uninstalled and
reinstalled the latest version, but still nothing. Restarted the
computer and still nothing. Tried hitting enter on the desktop icon
for the program, tried running it as administrator with the context
key, tried loading it from the twblue.exe icon in the program files
folder and still nothing. Does anyone have any ideas or should we
really say a final farewell to this great program? We're running
Windows 10 with the latest build of NVDA and also have the latest
version of JAWS, but it won't work that way either. Any ideas or help
would be greatly appreciated? Thanks.


locked Re: This is the moderator speaking: Question Regarding Eloquence for NVDA from Code Factory

Carlos
 

Hello:

    What is this thing called freeway you speak of?

    My horse and buggy ride just fine in all the pastures around my town!

    There's nothing like the old days to make one feel right at home!!!



On 4/18/2016 12:27 PM, David Moore wrote:
Hi Pete,
Thank you so much, because I have made the same argument on many lists. Try using a horse and buggy on a free way. There comes a time when you just have to learn something new and change with the times. People who live over 100, say this is the main thing you have to do to live that long. Sometimes you have to forget the past and move on toward the future. Someday, I will be able to drive my own car, and I will embrace it. NVDA works so well in win10, and win10 is like a mantion over a log cabbin. We should have choice, but like you said, it can’t get in the way of the world changing for the good. Take care. If it takes buying new programs, it must be done because of the coming future. Start saving now, so you can prepare for the beautiful tech future that is to come. Have a great one.
 
 
From: Pete
Sent: Monday, April 18, 2016 2:43 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] This is the moderator speaking: Question Regarding Eloquence for NVDA from Code Factory
 

  Same thing for people wanting windows x p. 
  I am getting ready to install w10, have to check on if w e 9 works in w10 or not. the f s people told me j16 works in w10 and sounds like people are using w 10 with nvda. 
Change is good but one should not be forced to loose freedom of choice. 

On 4/18/2016 2:22 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:

Pete wrote, "It's kind of like the whole e-mail thing with people wanting to use outlook express except people keep telling them to use Thunderbird or Microsoft outlook or window live mail or some thing like that."

This isn't a "freedom of choice" issue, it's a simple fact of life that certain programs, Outlook Express being one example, effectively cease to exist when official support ends.  No one is guaranteed, nor should they expect, that anything that they're using will be available in perpetuity.

I discourage people from using Outlook Express because the only existing versions available are hacks based on who knows what code base and with what vulnerabilities.  Since e-mail clients constantly interact with the internet this is a real concern.

While such a concern is not present regarding voice synthesis, things will come, and go, in that arena as well.  There is very likely going to come a point where you, for any you, have to let go of something you're used to because it is not being supported or carried forward.  Getting used to this, even though it's painful, is essential in the cyber world unless you want to drive yourself crazy.  I've seen a lot of people over the years who have expended far more energy trying to hold on to something than would have been expended to learn the new that's available to them.

Brian



-- 
Carlos Gonzalez - Los Angeles, CA. - gmjc341961@...


locked Re: This is the moderator speaking: Question Regarding Eloquence for NVDA from Code Factory

Rosemarie Chavarria
 

Hi, David,

Yes, we do have to keep up with the times because things do change. I'm reminded of a former pen pal who was so stubborn. She was very anti-technology. One time she asked me if I had someone take me grocery shopping. When I told her I learned how to shop online, she gave me the riot act and said I needed to go to confession for having a computer. I gave it right back to her and told her she needed to grow up and get with the program. My whole point is that we all need to learn to be flexible. You can't live in the past forever.

Rosemarie

-----Original Message-----
From: David Moore [mailto:jesusloves1966@...]
Sent: Monday, April 18, 2016 12:28 PM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] This is the moderator speaking: Question Regarding Eloquence for NVDA from Code Factory

Hi Pete,
Thank you so much, because I have made the same argument on many lists. Try using a horse and buggy on a free way. There comes a time when you just have to learn something new and change with the times. People who live over 100, say this is the main thing you have to do to live that long. Sometimes you have to forget the past and move on toward the future. Someday, I will be able to drive my own car, and I will embrace it. NVDA works so well in win10, and win10 is like a mantion over a log cabbin. We should have choice, but like you said, it can’t get in the way of the world changing for the good. Take care. If it takes buying new programs, it must be done because of the coming future. Start saving now, so you can prepare for the beautiful tech future that is to come. Have a great one.


From: Pete <mailto:emac00@...>
Sent: Monday, April 18, 2016 2:43 PM
To: nvda@groups.io <mailto:nvda@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [nvda] This is the moderator speaking: Question Regarding Eloquence for NVDA from Code Factory


Same thing for people wanting windows x p.
I am getting ready to install w10, have to check on if w e 9 works in w10 or not. the f s people told me j16 works in w10 and sounds like people are using w 10 with nvda.
Change is good but one should not be forced to loose freedom of choice.

On 4/18/2016 2:22 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:


Pete wrote, "It's kind of like the whole e-mail thing with people wanting to use outlook express except people keep telling them to use Thunderbird or Microsoft outlook or window live mail or some thing like that."

This isn't a "freedom of choice" issue, it's a simple fact of life that certain programs, Outlook Express being one example, effectively cease to exist when official support ends. No one is guaranteed, nor should they expect, that anything that they're using will be available in perpetuity.

I discourage people from using Outlook Express because the only existing versions available are hacks based on who knows what code base and with what vulnerabilities. Since e-mail clients constantly interact with the internet this is a real concern.

While such a concern is not present regarding voice synthesis, things will come, and go, in that arena as well. There is very likely going to come a point where you, for any you, have to let go of something you're used to because it is not being supported or carried forward. Getting used to this, even though it's painful, is essential in the cyber world unless you want to drive yourself crazy. I've seen a lot of people over the years who have expended far more energy trying to hold on to something than would have been expended to learn the new that's available to them.

Brian


Re: TWBlue stopped working, please help?

Kevin Cussick
 

Hi Lisa, have you tried just hitting tw in the search bar and when you hear twblue desktop app hitting enter this works for me.

On 18/04/2016 12:58, Lisa P Geibel wrote:
Hi Kevin,
Just tried this and nothing happened again. It's like the icon is there,
but the computer has no clue what it's supposed to do when you hit enter
on it or try to run it as administrator.

Lisa
E-Mail: lisapgeibel429@...
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ldporter1
Twitter: http://twitter.com/LisaLisa429
Philmore box shared with hubby:
773-572-7897
God bless everyone!!!

On 4/18/16 6:34 AM, Kevin Cussick via Groups.io wrote:
No, just make a fresh short cut to the exe file and it should run. I
have had this as well on windows10 and this for some reason seems to fix
it.

On 18/04/2016 04:34, Arlene wrote:
Hi there: If that was me. I'd just uninstall that program. It's up to
you what you want to do with it. Someone else on the list can better
tell you. I'm saying if that's me I'd get rid of the program.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lisa P Geibel [mailto:lisapgeibel429@...]
Sent: April-17-16 8:23 PM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: [nvda] TWBlue stopped working, please help?

Hi,
I know I've heard about people with this program and it not working. I
even went through the time when extra characters were added to the
twblue.exe file, but this is not the case now. We've uninstalled and
reinstalled the latest version, but still nothing. Restarted the
computer and still nothing. Tried hitting enter on the desktop icon for
the program, tried running it as administrator with the context key,
tried loading it from the twblue.exe icon in the program files folder
and still nothing. Does anyone have any ideas or should we really say a
final farewell to this great program? We're running Windows 10 with the
latest build of NVDA and also have the latest version of JAWS, but it
won't work that way either. Any ideas or help would be greatly
appreciated? Thanks.


Re:

David Moore
 

Hi,
I used the dec talk hard ware synthisizer in the 80s with an IBM computer. Wow, that really brings back memories. Take care.
 
 

Sent: Monday, April 18, 2016 2:34 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda]
 
Thanks for those samples. I've never really been a fan of Decktalk, but I have heard quite a bit of it over the years, and you are right. This version does sound quite different than what's shipped with Window Eyes.
 
 
Thanks,
Ari
 
People who are interested may want to hear a recording I made when I was evaluating this version of Dectalk.  it speaks differently enough and has a bit of a different inflection pattern as well and those interested should hear the program when deciding.  You may be able to use it as a demo but this recording may allow you to decide what you think of this version.  The original DECTalk couldn't be replicated, I think because the code was lost at some time and this is a reconstruction.  The person selling the program isn't responsible for this.  She is making available what has been supplied.
 

The person selling this version is very friendly and it was a pleasure corresponding with her.
The link to download the samples is
The sample consists of the reading of a small part of Genesis at two different speeds.  Trying the synthesizer as you would use it may be preferable but this may give you a reasonable idea of whether you want to pursue the matter.
 
Gene
 
Sent: Monday, April 18, 2016 6:04 AM
Subject: Re: This is the moderator speaking: [nvda] Question Regarding Eloquence for NVDA from Code Factory
 
Well if people don't want the legal version of eloquence.
emailing enablerehab@... and asking for their dectalk synth may be
the better option.
They don't exactly sell it anymore because there is no interest however
they will sell it to you for basically what its worth.
Their licence with fonix means you need to pay but there is no fixed
price so pay what you want.
I put in 20 bucks for the thing but you could pay anything from 1-2
dollars up.
For those not liking eloquence this may be the better solution.
My only complaint is that some of  the voices  are a bit quiet volume wise.
However for about a couple mb you get every dectalk voice and language,
sadly no singing but even so.



On 18/04/2016 10:33 p.m., Joseph Lee wrote:
> Hi Chris,
> 1. CF version is legal.
> 2. Sometimes we do see illegal Eloquence pop up, and this version is the one we don't allow (legal versions are allowed).
> Hope this helps (and please have a long rest).
> Cheers,
> Joseph
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Christopher-Mark Gilland [mailto:clgilland07@...]
> Sent: Monday, April 18, 2016 3:25 AM
> To: nvda@groups.io
> Subject: Re: This is the moderator speaking: [nvda] Question Regarding Eloquence for NVDA from Code Factory
>
> This is the only Eloquence related post I'm going to send to this list, but it has 100% everything to do with what Joseph has just said.  I'm neither promoting nor asking about how to get this working with Eloquence, so know that up front.
>
> So, my question is, first, Joseph, you say that Code Factory released an addon.  I guess my question is, is that addon considered to be illegal?
> Second off, I'm a little bit confused.  Are you saying that Eloquence is allowed, or are you saying it isn't allowed at this time on list.  Further, if not allowed, please then be more specific.  Are you saying it's not allowed period, or are you saying it's allowed, but only if talking about the CF version.
>
> Sorry, your message was just a little bit vague.  I've had an extremely emotionally rough night, I won't go into it more than to say, I've been crying my eyes out all night, so therefore as you can imagine, I'm incredibly tired, so perhaps my mind is a bit oblivious right now to the meaning of your message.  If so, please forgive me.
> ---
> Christopher Gilland
> JAWS Certified, 2016.
> Training Instructor.
>
> clgilland07@...
> Phone: (704) 256-8010.
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Joseph Lee" <joseph.lee22590@...>
> To: <nvda@groups.io>
> Sent: Monday, April 18, 2016 6:17 AM
> Subject: Re: This is the moderator speaking: [nvda] Question Regarding Eloquence for NVDA from Code Factory
>
>
> Ladies and gentlemen,
>
> Until a few months ago, discussion of Eloquence wasn't allowed on this list.
> This was relaxed last summer when Code Factory released Eloquence add-on.
> Back then, Nimer and I (Nimer being the actual list owner) said discussion of illegal version isn't still permitted.
> At this point, it would be advisable to suspend Eloquence discussions for a while. We cannot risk giving NVDA a slightly muddy reputation at this important occasion: NVDA's tenth anniversary and NVDACon. Please don't forget this: the reputation of a product, particularly a product that many of you depends on, depends on what users say about the product and the discussions surrounding it.
> For those new to this list: I'm known for being generous. However, I'm also known for being a volcano, especially if the integrity of the list or the reputation of a product or a community is questioned. I'll not activate moderation flag for anyone out of respect for everyone and for newbies to get accustomed to this environment.
> For our old friends: Yes, I am indeed serious, more serious now that we're about to help NV Access celebrate NVDA's tenth birthday. Not only I'm speaking on behalf of moderators, but as one of the planners of NVDACon 2016 (I am indeed the chair of the planning committee), I'd like to kindly request that we care about reputation of NVDA, NV Access and this community.
> These days, what gives me more stress isn't the question of who will succeed me or success of NVDACon, but the reputation and future of this community for months and years to come. What gives me more joy is to see you all become folks who can think about what's going on and make informed decisions (yes, that's the reason why I've proposed certain proposals in the past).
> In conclusion, I do know I will not be able to sleep tonight, but believe I need to say this: NVDA community, specifically this forum, is facing a
> crisis: misinformation abounds and passion trumps reason at times. We're suffering from a disease called "misinformation" - what is illegal being seen as legal, people not being informed as to what's available to them when they need it, name calling at times and so forth (as I mentioned in my blog, I will not accept name calling). Being passionate about something is good, but it is better to think about what's going on before defending one's arguments. In other words, contrary to what we've said about this forum to the outside world, we're at times known for doing the opposite.
> Lastly, in regards to free material: there is no such thing as free lunch. I do need to say this in public: NVDA isn't technically free. For the benefit of many, NVDA is made available as a free, open-source and community-driven screen reader. But there are costs associated with this project. Please stop now and imagine for a second: imagine a group of developers who have decided to promote equal access to technology at no additional costs, using their talents to give opportunities for someone who lives in poverty somewhere.
> NVDA is more than a screen reader now: it's a movement, and workers deserve their wages - support, encouragement, opportunities and so on.
> Thank you.
> Cheers,
> Joseph
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Afrim [mailto:afrim.maja@...]
> Sent: Monday, April 18, 2016 2:43 AM
> To: nvda@groups.io
> Subject: Re: [nvda] Question Regarding Eloquence for NVDA from Code Factory
>
> Why do people talk about it? They can, and I don't consider it against the rules of the list since the add-on, the alternative if you like to call it is available and accessible from within the add-on list of NVDA.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Apr 17, 2016, at 9:33 PM, mk360 <mk.seventhson@...> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I can pay, but the first condition is that the paid versions works as
>> fine or better that the alternative, and as reviews as been said, that
>> is not the case.
>> However, I know that in the list we can't speak about that
>> alternative, so I don't understand why the people speak about it.
>>
>> Regards,
>> mk.
>>
>>> El 17-04-2016 a las 8:04, Greg Wocher escribió:
>>> Hello,
>>> I want to give those of you who use the illegal eloquence add on some
>>> food for thought. When you do it and proudly proclaim that you do,
>>> you give NVDA and its users a bad reputation. I think I may purchase
>>> the Code Factory add on later this afternoon from AT Guys and I will
>>> let you all know if it gets rid of the choppiness.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Greg Wocher
>>>
>>>> On 4/17/2016 5:32 AM, Peter Beasley wrote:
>>>> My sentiments exactly.
>>>>
>>>> -----Original Message----- From: Afrim
>>>> Sent: Sunday, April 17, 2016 6:40 AM
>>>> To: nvda@groups.io
>>>> Subject: Re: [nvda] Question Regarding Eloquence for NVDA from Code
>>>> Factory
>>>>
>>>> I have been using the old add-on of eloquonce someone made, and I am
>>>> not going to pay for a program  that does essentially the same
>>>> thing. The add-on I am talking about works so fast and reliably.
>>>> cheers.
>>>>
>>>> Sent from my iPhone
>>>>
>>>>> On Apr 17, 2016, at 6:22 AM, Kelly Sapergia <ksapergia@...>
>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>> Hi,
>>>>>
>>>>> Recently, there was a discussion about alternative voices for NVDA,
>>>>> such as Code Factory's add-on with Eloquence and Vocalizer. I
>>>>> mentioned that when I tried this particular product, I noticed that
>>>>> Eloquence sounded quite choppy compared to other screen readers and
>>>>> other synths I have for NVDA on my machine running Windows 7.
>>>>> I also never experienced this with Code Factory's SAPI 5
>>>>> implementation.
>>>>> Anyway, I got thinking about it this evening, and decided to do
>>>>> some searching to see if anyone else was experiencing similar
>>>>> issues. I found a thread about the add-on in the old NVDA list's
>>>>> archive, and saw a message stating that the choppiness would go
>>>>> away once the product was paid for. I was just wondering if this is
>>>>> indeed the case? If yes, it's not what I'd consider the best way to
>>>>> limit a trial version, but I might buy it after all.
>>>>>
>>>>> Thanks.
>>>>>
>>>>> Yours Sincerely,
>>>>> Kelly John Sapergia
>>>>> Show Host and Production Director
>>>>> The Global Voice Internet Radio
>>>>> http://www.theglobalvoice.info
>>>>>
>>>>> Personal Website: http://www.ksapergia.net Business Website (KJS
>>>>> Productions): http://www.kjsproductions.com Follow me on Twitter
>>>>> at: kjsapergia
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> .
>



locked Re: This is the moderator speaking: Question Regarding Eloquence for NVDA from Code Factory

David Moore
 

Hi Pete,
Thank you so much, because I have made the same argument on many lists. Try using a horse and buggy on a free way. There comes a time when you just have to learn something new and change with the times. People who live over 100, say this is the main thing you have to do to live that long. Sometimes you have to forget the past and move on toward the future. Someday, I will be able to drive my own car, and I will embrace it. NVDA works so well in win10, and win10 is like a mantion over a log cabbin. We should have choice, but like you said, it can’t get in the way of the world changing for the good. Take care. If it takes buying new programs, it must be done because of the coming future. Start saving now, so you can prepare for the beautiful tech future that is to come. Have a great one.
 
 

From: Pete
Sent: Monday, April 18, 2016 2:43 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] This is the moderator speaking: Question Regarding Eloquence for NVDA from Code Factory
 

  Same thing for people wanting windows x p. 
  I am getting ready to install w10, have to check on if w e 9 works in w10 or not. the f s people told me j16 works in w10 and sounds like people are using w 10 with nvda. 
Change is good but one should not be forced to loose freedom of choice. 

On 4/18/2016 2:22 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:

Pete wrote, "It's kind of like the whole e-mail thing with people wanting to use outlook express except people keep telling them to use Thunderbird or Microsoft outlook or window live mail or some thing like that."

This isn't a "freedom of choice" issue, it's a simple fact of life that certain programs, Outlook Express being one example, effectively cease to exist when official support ends.  No one is guaranteed, nor should they expect, that anything that they're using will be available in perpetuity.

I discourage people from using Outlook Express because the only existing versions available are hacks based on who knows what code base and with what vulnerabilities.  Since e-mail clients constantly interact with the internet this is a real concern.

While such a concern is not present regarding voice synthesis, things will come, and go, in that arena as well.  There is very likely going to come a point where you, for any you, have to let go of something you're used to because it is not being supported or carried forward.  Getting used to this, even though it's painful, is essential in the cyber world unless you want to drive yourself crazy.  I've seen a lot of people over the years who have expended far more energy trying to hold on to something than would have been expended to learn the new that's available to them.

Brian